PDA

View Full Version : Roy had it easy

paladinofshojo
2008-03-29, 09:29 PM
Just wanted to point out when Roy siad he felt a kin-ship to Ochul, the irony is that while they both have to deal with more then their shares of misfortune is that Ochul is able to survive several near-death experiences (explosion of the royal castle, all the cruel entertainment jokes Xykon put him through, having to bear Miko as an ally :smallamused: ) Anyway the point is while nothing less of an atom bomb going right through Ochul will kill him, while Roy died from falling to near death ONCE, Ochul had survived MANY more horrible encounters courtesy of Xykon, just wondering if that is even fair.:smallconfused:

Jayngfet
2008-03-29, 09:58 PM
roy had to deal with elan, belkar, and for a while miko at once, roy prolly sees being dead as a break.

Theodoriph
2008-03-29, 10:36 PM
Xykon isn't trying to kill O'Chul though...whereas he tried to kill Roy. If Xykon were trying to kill O'Chul he'd be dead....a long, long, time ago.

Redcloak however wants O'Chul alive and I presume that so long as that is true, O'Chul is guaranteed to live (hopefully he escapes before RC thinks otherwise).

Xykon is fairly random...but he's not stupid.

NikkTheTrick
2008-03-30, 12:00 AM
O'Chul's current situation is exactly why, when invaded by a hoblin army, one should either escape or die - not get captured alive...

factotum
2008-03-30, 01:25 AM
O'Chul's current situation is exactly why, when invaded by a hoblin army, one should either escape or die - not get captured alive...

He was intending to destroy Soon's Gate--I don't think getting out alive was on his agenda. And, of course, he failed to do that because he was hit with a permanent paralysation effect from a lich, which tends to make escape just a trifle tricky.

NikkTheTrick
2008-03-30, 01:46 AM
He was intending to destroy Soon's Gate--I don't think getting out alive was on his agenda. And, of course, he failed to do that because he was hit with a permanent paralysation effect from a lich, which tends to make escape just a trifle tricky.

I am not blaming O'Chul or implying that he surrendered.. I am just saying that when hobgoblin army overruns everything around, surrender is not much of an option...

paladinofshojo
2008-03-31, 08:17 PM
roy had to deal with elan, belkar, and for a while miko at once, roy prolly sees being dead as a break.

Ah but Roy chose to deal with Elan and Belkar as a means to an ends to achieve his goal of killing Xykon. Last time I checked no one forced them to join forces, so technically he brought that one himself, as for Miko, need I remind you that it was Elan who destroyed the gate and since Roy has to take full responsability of his actions as a leader, he brought that one on himself aswell. O'chul however probably didn't have the luxury of choosing who his master deemed worthy of serving as his paladins or not and probably had to deal with Miko's attitude becuase of that. And it's also more then likely that O'chul had to deal with Miko's authoritarian atitude WAAAAY longer then Roy.

paladinofshojo
2008-03-31, 08:23 PM
Xykon isn't trying to kill O'Chul though...whereas he tried to kill Roy. If Xykon were trying to kill O'Chul he'd be dead....a long, long, time ago.

Redcloak however wants O'Chul alive and I presume that so long as that is true, O'Chul is guaranteed to live (hopefully he escapes before RC thinks otherwise).

Xykon is fairly random...but he's not stupid.

Yeah so while Roy's kicking it in paradise with unlimited sex and booze for falling to his death, O'chul is getting tortured to the point where he'd actually want death just to escape the pain, now THAT'S unfair. Roy even got the choice of getting off the zombie dragon alive and unharmed but he was too stupid to take it.

paladinofshojo
2008-03-31, 08:28 PM

That is true, but I doubt O'chul would of had the idea of fleeing for his own life, and he did have the mentality to accept death. However, the problem is that he got cheated out of death. Roy was acting like as a cocky young upstart in battle, I mean comeone WHO'D JUMP OF A SCALED WALL WITHOUT FEATHER FALL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I severely doubt that he thought he would get out of a TOTAL WAR virtually unscathed just for the fact he's a PC. If anything, I'd say that Roy deserves to be in O'chul's place right now more then O'chul.