PDA

View Full Version : O-Chul's Escape (spoiler)

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-29, 10:42 PM
if O-Chul is going to. How do you think he would escape?
will he be saved by the resistance?
will he break out on his own?
will he slowly gain levels from all these "dead or alive" games and put them into rouge so he can escape?"
what do you think?

Callista
2008-03-29, 10:47 PM
I think he'll die, but not before taking a large number of Xykon's people with him.

Revanmal
2008-03-29, 11:29 PM
He definitely wouldn't multi-class, because he'd lose his ability to progress in Paladin levels. He'll likely BE busted out or get loose himself after the healer is done.

If he gets out at all.

Prowl
2008-03-30, 12:51 AM
NOT FOR RICH BURLEW TO READ

I mean it!

NOT kidding!

I predict O'Chul in captivity becomes a running gag, and only at the end of the OOTS story does he get freed.

David Argall
2008-03-30, 12:58 AM
NOT FOR RICH BURLEW TO READ

I mean it!

NOT kidding!

I predict O'Chul in captivity becomes a running gag, and only at the end of the OOTS story does he get freed.

Not too likely. By current estimate, we will be leaving Azure City with the end of this book around 660-680 and O-Chul will be freed by that time. Now I would like to see O'Chul freed by Miko myself, but I deem it quite unlikely.

aapje
2008-03-30, 05:07 AM
Not too likely. By current estimate, we will be leaving Azure City with the end of this book around 660-680 and O-Chul will be freed by that time. Now I would like to see O'Chul freed by Miko myself, but I deem it quite unlikely.

That's one / to many :smallwink:

busterswd
2008-03-30, 07:02 AM
They let him escape and allow him to find the resistance or Hinjo. Then Redcloak finishes what he started.

Ulrichomega
2008-03-30, 08:07 AM
Nah, the last panel of the comic, following the one where they all give eachother congratulations on a job well done, is going to be O-Chul hanging over the pit of acid yelling "Guys? Can I get a little help?"

:smallbiggrin:

David Argall
2008-03-30, 01:40 PM
They let him escape and allow him to find the resistance or Hinjo. Then Redcloak finishes what he started.

The main problem is that he has no special ability to find either.

Now some ways the plot might go...

They find the body of Shojo and get something out of him with Speak with Dead. O'Chul is left behind when Team Evil leaves the city. The party and Hinjo's forces recover the city and learn from O'Chul where they have gone.

O'Chul gets tired of being tortured and makes up a story about the location, one he likely thinks is entirely wrong, but is pretty accurate. Again, O'Chul may be left behind, or may be taken along as guide/torture toy.

They decide that Hinjo may know the location, and try to track him down.

Caractacus
2008-03-30, 03:02 PM
will he slowly gain levels from all these "dead or alive" games and put them into rouge so he can escape?"
what do you think?

I think he puts all his points into getting rouge and, using the make-up, disguises himself as a whore and escapes... :smalltongue:

Malacandra
2008-03-30, 03:14 PM
I think he puts all his points into getting rouge and, using the make-up, disguises himself as a whore and escapes... :smalltongue:

And there I am, fifteen minutes too late.:smallfrown:

†Seer†
2008-03-30, 06:56 PM
I could see him going monk. I would give up my paladinic(?) abilities to escape from a torturous existence, and monk would be unarmed, so pretty useful. People have mentioned he could steal a weapon, but it seems O-Chul's kept around all casters, so to find a weapon, he'd already have to have escaped from the high-level baddies.
Just my 2 gp.

monty
2008-03-30, 07:16 PM
Why is everybody spoilering everything when it's already in the thread title?

Anyway, just to throw out my wild theory, he somehow gets free, goes Holy Liberator, and joins whatever the resistance is called now. I don't know exactly why he would do that; I'm just throwing something out.

zuzak
2008-04-03, 08:00 PM
I think he'll hang around with Xykon until he gets a chance to escape or meaningfully attack him, at least as a diversion from something important.

Remirach
2008-04-03, 08:54 PM
Here's an off-the wall theory: Redcloak interrogates O-chul, who starts doing the Hannibal Lecture (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HannibalLecture) on him, and being lectured to by a Paladin on ANYTHING infuriates Redcloak to the point that he loses it completely and accidentally kills O-chul himself.

Parvum
2008-04-03, 10:34 PM
Is this wild mass guessing yet? If so, then
Yakyok, having hidden for weeks from the money-hungrey mob in (whichever building O-chul is being kept), emerges to find a paladin in captivity and eagerly sets him free. O-chul mistakes him for a monster (being from not-the-PHB and not being a good outsider), attacking him. After a breif (but climactic) duel, O-chul is neutralized and Yokyok explains himself. Thus begins a daring escape. Dun didda dun dun, dee doo doo da.

Liwen
2008-04-03, 11:53 PM
You got it all wrong. In the next comic, O-Chul slip off the ground just before a long stairway and fall about 4 floors. Because he wasn't properly yet, he dies and Redcloak's face becomes as red as his cloak.

Then you get Xykon poping into the scene : "Well, it seems those LGs love to die from falling damage these days."