PDA

View Full Version : No, Acolytes, YOU are the Xenos (IC)

an kobold
2008-03-30, 11:18 PM
It's been roughly a month you've learned of your assignment to Inquisitor Harrington, during which you've been under orders not to stray far from his personal headquarters in Hive Tarsus on the planet Scintalla, a vast gothic building, complete with its own launchpad and a dormitory housing several acolytes and just as many locked doors. . .

For that month, you have not seen one hair on Inquisitor Harrington's head, though several times you saw his servitors moving crates full of Emperor knows what that month. His landing pad has seemed to be in constant use, though. Which is why the following letter, slipped under all of your doors the night before, might have been the cause of some excitement when you discovered it upon waking.

My esteemed acolytes!

It is to my sorrow I have yet to greet you officially into my cadre, but preserving the Imperium comes first before such petty civilities. I hope my abode and the surrounding area has served as adequate housing for such servants of the Emperor as yourselves. I know how boring the company of servitors can be. You should have met them before I had them commissioned.

But rejoice! For your chance to serve has come. Rumors have trickled across the sector of xenos involvement on the planet Huma. Be at the landing pad by midday, all will be explained in time.

The Emperor's Servant,
Inquisitor Harrington, Ordo Xenos

Midday comes, and all of you are present at the pad, though it's clear that Inquisitor Harrington is not. Instead, you are greeted by the sight of an almost derelict Arvus lighter, its fading red paint giving way to cold steel. Standing next to it is a rather lanky man in a ramshackle pilot's uniform who begins to speak as he notices you.

Are you the blokes old Harrington wants shipped off to Huma?

Terraoblivion
2008-03-30, 11:47 PM
Lyra was standing at the edge of the group, clearly with the rest but not really interacting with them. As the man speaks she sends a side-ways glance to Alaric to see if the young cleric is going to speak for them, her blue hair shielding most of her face making it likely that none of them even saw the glance.

Voth
2008-03-31, 12:58 AM
Vex
I gave the scene weather by accident. I'll edit it out if its needed. Sorry >_<

The rain slides off of Vex's coated figure, as he stands unflinching staring out at the scene before him. His cat like eyes glinting in the darkness of his hood. He spies the others apart of his group, together with the group and yet Vex is separate. Just how it was in my regiment. Vex thinks, feeling comfortable with the weight of his las pistol and his las rifle strapped to his waist and back respectively.

Rayzin
2008-03-31, 01:06 PM
Are you the blokes old Harrington wants shipped off to Huma?
I move to the front and then talk to the man.
" The Emperor's Servant,Inquisitor Harrington of the Ordo Xenos, has requested that we arrive at the landing pad at midday. I had the idea that the Inquisitor would have meet us here, do you have any idea about it?"

Thorn14
2008-03-31, 02:47 PM
Kalta crosses her arms and smirks to herself when the inquisitor fails to show, how surprising.

She listened to the lanky man speak and rolled her eyes without being seen.

"Were flying on that?" She said to herself, silently enough as not to be heard, of course.

She leaned on her staff a bit for no particular reason. The rest in her 'field' were all a strange, crumbled sort, so she had no real reason for the staff, still, if need be, it could crack a few noses.

Although from the looks of that Arvus, she might not even make it past the evening.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-03-31, 04:53 PM
"Or what we're going to be doing? We've had a bit of time to do everything but what we were hired to do," Cat complained as she shifted from foot to foot. It felt awkward to be be in her tight bodysuit again. Not the best sign, she might be rusty. She played with her knife, careful not to offend it by drawing him without reason. It was almost likely juggling as she passed it from one hand to another without ever actually holding it. She was leaning against one of the wall, waiting for everything to finally get moving after a month of nothing but card games and a target range.

an kobold
2008-03-31, 10:49 PM
The man steps forward through the rain to get a better look at you. He takes a data-slate from one of his many pockets and takes several quick glances between your group of acolytes and the screen.

He, frankly, looks not much better than the Arvus behind him. His black hair is patchy and it's clear he hasn't tended the bush you might tentatively call a beard. You could swear most of the mass on his body comes from the outfit he's wearing, which upon closer examination looks like it could be a tattered guardsman uniform.

Umm. . .Acolyte Alaric, I'm guessing? Well, I'm sorry to be a disappointment, but Inquisitor Harrington said he was detained. Didn't right say what with. Instead you got old Plex here, sent to whisk you young uns away to your transport to Huma. As for your question. . .uh. . .He quickly looks down at the slate in his hands, needing to wipe off rain from the screen.Acolyte Cat? Inquisitor Harrington called in a few favors with my boss, that's Mister Zoab, to get you to Huma asap. Something about Xenos in the ruins. Course, part of calling in the favors was that Harrington knew we had use of you up on the Tarrier. Now if you don't mind, we best get going. Neither Mister Zoab or Inquisitor Harrington are men to keep waiting.

Without a further word, he gets back in the Arvus, begins to go over the Holy Rituals of Takeoff, and ushers for you to join him in the rickety tin can.

Thorn14
2008-04-01, 12:19 AM
Looking at the wretched man, she sighs, another great looking person on this hive.

Ever since moving to this hive, she's felt like she's had to take a bath every step she's taken. Well, she was told she lived in the 'spoiled' sector of the Imperium.

Either way, she took a glance at the ship, to see if it indeed can move them safely.

(Gonna do first roll, intelligence, common lore, technology)

[roll0]

(Which is a failure i think)

Voth
2008-04-01, 12:40 AM
Vex

Sigh. What fun! Vex thinks to himself, while calmly following the man into the Arvus. Xeno's Ruins? Interesting... Walking towards the man, Vex calmly waits until he has finished his rites before speaking. "Hello. Might I ask your name? I'm at a disadvantage as you seem to know all of ours."

Terraoblivion
2008-04-01, 04:44 AM
Looking warily over the rickety thing, Lyra muttered a quick prayer to Saint Vaclav to intercede on their behalf and deliver them from certain death in space. Man was not meant to go on such things and only his benevolence allowed them to...still his benevolence was helped by good pilots and ships as he looked to man to help himself.

Still they were doing his holy work so even this thing and this ancient man would serve their purpose.

Even so she made sure to find something to hold on to firmly during the holy ritual should it fail and the structure collapse around them.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-01, 05:34 AM
((Failures are over your limit. So rolling a 41 on a score of 40 is a failure. :smalltongue: ))

The man's words would have been comforting if Cat didn't dread flying. It was an odd sentiment, considering she had been doing so for some years now, but it didn't stop being scary. It was more wholly terrifying to not be able to control her own fate in a bouncing ship then to pull the trigger on some unsuspecting fool.

Still, she entered into the rickety looking thing, though a bit more agitated then she would have ever liked to admit.

an kobold
2008-04-01, 03:24 PM
The scraggy man turns around in the cockpit to face Vex.

Oh, my name? Heh, you can just call me Krak. It's what things tend to around me, they "krak" up. Naw, I'm just messing with you, Krak's my real name but you got nothing to worry bout this old lady. You just caught her without her makeup on, that's all.

He turns back to the controls to make a few other adjustments before turning around, speaking over the engines for a second time.

Now, you better tell the rest of you to group to get on. Merchants along the likes of Mr. Zoab have tight schedules to keep, you know.

Voth
2008-04-01, 06:03 PM
Vex

Surprised by the foreign concept of being acknowledged as part of a group, Vex hesitates a moment before going back outside. "Umm... Krak says you guys should probably get in now." Vex calls out to the group, uncertain as to how they will respond.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-02, 08:18 AM
Krak's reassurance did nothing to cheer Lyra up as she looked around the dismal interior of the ship. She sent another side-ways glance at Krak, as if to confirm her doubts about his skill at flying this thing, before glancing back towards the door to see when the rest were to enter so they could get flying and get this over with.

Rayzin
2008-04-02, 12:46 PM
"Umm... Krak says you guys should probably get in now."
Alaric climbs aboard the ship then looks at the rest of the acolytes, seeing the dreary mood of the ship he thought for a second. Deciding to try to cheer them up. " I'm betting that Lyra could fly this ship better than our friend Krak." He joked hoping it would lighten the mood that had recently slumped.

Thorn14
2008-04-02, 01:42 PM
Being second to step in, she took no care for the message to get in, sighing a bit she looked around.

"Well...looks aren't everything I guess...."

She says as she looks around at her group, nodding to herself.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-02, 04:39 PM
Upon hearing Alaric's joke, Lyra sent him a scared sideways glance, the priest's words clearly not cheering her up in the slightest. "But...i don't know how to use this sacred machine. I just pray that saint Vaclav will intercede on our behalf." As she speaks she grabs on to the seat more tightly as if to verify her fear.

an kobold
2008-04-02, 07:55 PM
As the last of you step on board the hatch closes behind you. With one last "Hope you're all strapped in," Krak takes the Arvus off the pad and into the empty air above the Hive. Despite its appearance, the lighter runs amazingly smooth; the only serious jolts come from exiting the atmosphere.

Krak's idea of small talk is scarier by far. Before you can object, he launches into the stories of his youth, which mostly consist of crashing all sorts of vessels for the Imperial Navy and the shenanigans that went on in the pilots' barracks. For most of the ride, he ignores you other than the fact you are a captive audience.

What little you can glimpse from the view port not blocked by Krak's lanky frame is breathtaking. The space above Scintilla is saturated with space faring vessels of all kinds. Before long, it becomes apparent that the Arvus is bearing towards a peculiar looking ship that's obviously been custom made. Relatively small compared to the other vessels, it is large nonetheless, with a central hangar dividing the ship into clear fore and aft decks. As you approach closer, the hangar doors begin to open, splitting the crudely painted word on them. Tarrier.

Before long, the Arvus has landed on the deck which rumbles as the massive doors close. After powering the craft down, Krak stands up and moves down the aisle between you to the rear hatch, muttering something about a darn thing being stuck again. Through the now unblocked view port you are offered your first real glimpse of what will hopefully give safe passage to Huma.

Perception test rolls, please.

Rayzin
2008-04-02, 08:11 PM
Attempting to, as enthusiastically as he could, talk to Krak about his past. As subtly as he could he attempted to change the subject to Huma.(Could i make an Inquiry check?)

Roll
[roll0]
God better give me a good roll... God hates me.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-04-02, 08:13 PM
Roll
[roll0]
God better give me a good roll...

I know this isn't my thread but I can't resist. This must mean god hates you, just FYI if I ever meet you in RL I'm going to avoid standing near you when outside, lest I get hit by lightning as well :smalltongue:

Terraoblivion
2008-04-02, 08:19 PM
Krak's stories does nothing to reassure the frightened psyker, though she seems to be able to handle the short flight as she glances to see if the others are having an easier time dealing with it. The passage of time aboard the Arvus seems to calm her down, as she sinks into a seemingly meditative state as she fingers a sacred icon she fished out of her robes, as if trying to block out thinking about where she was or what Krak was saying.

As the Arvus approach the larger vessel she snaps out of it, looking out the window past Krak at the approaching ship her eyes widening as she takes in the sight.

(And the roll [roll0]. And it actually manages to succeed against my perception of 25.)

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-02, 08:21 PM
Cat did her best to ignore their pilot as they flew, but it was hard for her to imagine anything but horrific crashes, hardly helped by his stories and the fact she knew what a krak granade was. Still, her gripped relaxed considerably when the ship finally stopped moving, and she watched as Krak went by, though her eyes caught something outside the window that Krak's form had so recently blocked.

[roll0]
Going for 31!

Thorn14
2008-04-02, 09:12 PM
Shut up shut up shut up shut up Shut....Sigh.

She gives up on trying to be annoyed, it was too tiring, luckily, it was over, probably

[roll0]

Voth
2008-04-03, 12:40 AM
Vex

Sitting quietly, Vex leans against the wall of the ship as it is in flight.

Perception Test! [roll0]

Out of the corner of his eye, he notices something odd.

nothingclever
2008-04-03, 06:27 AM
Roth
By Neptune's great ghost!(tribal superstition:smallwink: ) Boy am I lucky that I conveniently managed to board this ship on time without any of you noticing me previously. Truly the Emperor must be watching over us.

an kobold
2008-04-03, 10:30 PM
Krak takes out a few tools and begins to work on the stuck door, now talking about Huma. It's a funny little place, alright. Might be something if it didn't keep blowing itself up. And boy does it blow itself up. I hear there's hundreds of skeleton cities out in the desert where people can't live no more cause of the wars. But it keeps building itself right back up.

The Arvus lies opposite from a guncutter, a ship popular in the service of rogue traders. Between the ships is a painted path of yellow lines connecting two doors, one leading to the fore deck and the other leading to after deck. A few containers are piled in a far corner next to a dormant lifting-variant sentinel. Vents line the two interior walls, now venting oxygen back into the hangar, and wires and catwalks line the empty space above your heads. Interestingly enough, a small barricade has been erected around the entrance to the fore decks, complete with a mounted heavy stubber. Other than that, it's a seemingly normal hangar. . .

For Alaric only:

As Krak moves past you to get to the hatch, you turn your attention to him, hoping to be enlightened about Huma. Instead, you see a sight that has plagued mankind since before the Emperor. . .you see spacer's crack :smallyuk:

For Kalta:

You notice nothing unusual except for the stubber.

For Lyra, Vex, Roth, and Cat only:

Something is off, but you notice it quickly enough. Fresh casings from the stubber glitter on the floor (how did they not get sucked out into vacuum? 40k SCIENCE!). Multiple vent covers leading to the aft-decks have been forced open, some in, some out. And dried blood is on both the sentinel's seat and its manipulator claw. . .

For Cat and Roth only:

You could swear that there was a pair of red eyes and a purplish glint in one of the vents leading to the aft decks. But only for a second.

Suddenly, Krak sprawls backwards into the aisle as the door opens. He stands up and sheepishly dusts himself off.

Got it. Um. . .guess you want to meet Mr. Zoab now. He knows more about what you're going to be doing than me.

And with that, he steps forward to exit the Arvus.

Voth
2008-04-03, 10:34 PM
Vex

Resting his hand on his las pistol for a split second, Vex wonders if it was such a good idea after all to come. Well, I'm here now. Somethings off. I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open. Silently and cautiously, Vex follows Krak.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-03, 10:49 PM
Lyra got up, one hand sliding to her sword the other two her revolver, it might not help much but at least it was something. She got up and followed the dominating guardsman and the tattered old fellow, looking warily around for whatever had caused what happened in the hangar.

Thorn14
2008-04-04, 06:41 AM
Kalta shifted her glance as everyone began to look somewhat worried, (For different reason) Only she saw the stubber. Still, when a Psyker pulls out a gun, you do too. Clutching her staff in her hand tightly, she pulls out her las pistol, something she learned to shoot at her home world, and looked arround.

She asked lowly as everyone began to look arround. "Whats going on?"

Rayzin
2008-04-04, 01:35 PM
Oblivious to the others, Alaric also steps out of the Arvus.
"Krak, where do we go to meet Mr. Zoab?"
Alaric looks around the hangar noticing nothing strange but the stubber which he dismisses instantly as not important. Turning around to see what the other acolytes were doing he sees them taking out weapons."Umm, did i miss something?"

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-04, 02:14 PM
Cat waited a few moments, still shaken from the ride in the rickety and scary Arvus. Still, she was glad to stand once more, though she was immediately distracted. She blinked twice, her rational mind dismissing it as nothing as she put a hand on her sword. She grew up on a world called Feral by the Imperium, and with good reason. She had almost been killed too many times by not being ready.

She began to follow their pilot out of the Arvus, glad to soon be on better ground. Her hunting rifle was ready, though she was a bit worried. There were too many casings that went to the heavy machine gun on the ground, and she had a sinking feeling that what she saw earlier had to do with it.

"What happened here Krak?" she said aloud. She kept watch, but something didn't feel right in her very bones. "And where would we meet Zoab? Somewhere far from here?"

an kobold
2008-04-05, 12:11 AM
Krak responds to Cat by facing the other way and walking quickly towards the door leading to the front of the vessel.

Um. . .Had a slight weapons malfunction. But everything's perfectly all right now. Anyway, Mr. Zoab is right through these doors. . .

It's clear to all of you that he's lying as to what exactly went down in this hangar.

He motions for you to follow quickly and steps around the stubber emplacement, kicking a few spent casings out of the way as he goes. Upon reaching the door, he raps on it three times.

Mr. Zoab, it's me with the Acolytes.

The door slides open and a bloodied man ushers you inside. Before he can say anything, a loud clatter and hissing erupt from the far side of the hangar. From one of the vents a human-sized insectile creature is charging your position.

Roll initiative
(1d10+Ag Modifier)

Voth
2008-04-05, 12:15 AM
Vex

Still tense, even more so now that Krak refuses to admit what happened, Vex keeps his hands at his waist, close to both his sword and las pistol. What the hell happened here.

At the sound of the grate hitting the floor, Vex spins around.

an kobold
2008-04-05, 12:22 AM
OOC

Sorry about that Voth. . .I accidentally submitted before I finished typing. . .You can add initiative to that post or add a new one.

No problem, it was my fault, not yours.

Voth
2008-04-05, 12:34 AM
[roll0] I can't edit roll, so I have to post again. Sorry about that.

Rayzin
2008-04-05, 08:51 AM
Alaric, seeing the creatures, attempts to draws his bastard sword.
[roll0]

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-05, 08:56 AM
"Weapons malfunction my ass," Cat complained as she quickly prepared her rifle for a fight.

((Just stuff like quick checking loads and safety and stuff. A nice excuse if she doesn't go first =P))

[roll0]

Terraoblivion
2008-04-05, 09:02 AM
Lyra had followed Krak, hands still resting on her weapons, looking warily around to see if whatever had caused the previous fighting was about to jump them. Krak's evasive answer made her tense up even more, when she suddenly heard the sound of the grate hitting the floor and turning.

I think the dice roller hates me...a lot. [roll0]

Thorn14
2008-04-05, 10:43 AM
Kalta grits her teeth as she hears the obvious lie, "Got that right..." she says to Cat as she holds her las pistol tightly, taking the rear guard, she can shoot, but she cant fight...

[roll0]

nothingclever
2008-04-05, 03:59 PM
Look out!
Roth draws his sword and holds it with both hands in front of him waiting for the creature to charge.

[roll0]

Terraoblivion
2008-04-05, 07:11 PM
I have a few questions about the hangar, specifically how far the thing is away and if there are any objects within it and the location of said objects. If it is feasible i might use a psychic power to drop something on it, instead of trying to shoot it with my wussy little compact stub revolver.

an kobold
2008-04-06, 02:33 PM
The hangar is approximately 125 meters long by 100 meters wide. The foul beast is now about 95 meters from your position, continuing to run towards you.

Other objects in the hangar are the Arvus and guncutter, which are located in the middle of the hangar across from each other. On the far side of the guncutter lies the containers and the lifting sentinel, which are five meters off the central path, which the creature seems to be following, more or less. Directly above the path is a catwalk that extends the length of the hangar. On either side of the walk are various wires and tubes, which the catwalk was obviously built to provide access to.

Initiative Order

Cat
Alaric
Creature
Lyra
Krak
Kalta
Vex
Roth
Door Opener

Sorry it's been a little while, the family got together over the weekend.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-06, 03:16 PM
Cat sighs, slamming the hammer into the rifle quickly and locking it down. It was considerably safer then merely leaving the "safety" on, and provided a handy tool when she needed to smash something quick or didn't want her gun to accidentally break. She had her suspicions that the more complicated, the more likely it would kill her. She brought the rifle up, sighting down the lines at the charging thing. She spent a moment, trailing the gun towards the creature almost lazily as she centered it and pulled the trigger to fire.

Alright, let's just go over this quick. This is the forum equivalent of talking to yourself, and is mostly so I can organize this for me and for others.

Cat has 44 BS. She has a spiffy fairy sight that makes a liddle red-dot on what she points at. That'll add 10 to her BS. So it's at 54. Since she took her time and didn't go all hullabaloo and shoot willy-nilly, she gets another 10 BS with the aiming. (Half-Action wee.) I think I'm ready wait! Accurate! That's another 10 BS tacked on. That'll be a total of 74 BS I need beat to hit the bugger. So Cat'll fire with another Half-Action and end her turn.

[roll0] - If That number is under 74 or 74, then it is a hit. Reverse those number for location.
[roll1] - Rolling for damage now to save time. Impact Damage!

Rayzin
2008-04-06, 08:02 PM
Alaric unable to attack it with his sword immediately takes cover behind the door and then draws out his stubber. From behind the crate he attempts to draws a bead on the creature."Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none!"

Explanation of what i did.
Take one 1/2 action to move another 1/2 to aim for a +10 to BS

Old one(seeing as i cant melee it.)

"For the Imperium!"Alaric yells before charging at the creature and attempting to stab at its eyes. After the charge he misses it hitting something beside wherever the alien moved.
[roll0] -All out attack if its under a 53 its a hit
[roll1]-Damage(if i even hit)]
1 full round action to all out attack it

Terraoblivion
2008-04-06, 08:19 PM
Quickly surmising the scene Lyra decides to follow the priests example as she hurries behind the crate next to him, pulling out her little stub revolver training it at the being, waiting for it to get in range.

Basically i use a move to get in cover and then start aiming until it gets within a range i have a chance of hitting anything

nothingclever
2008-04-06, 08:54 PM
Roth readies his sword and waits.
(ready weapon+delay action)

Voth
2008-04-06, 09:20 PM
Vex

Calmly, Vex grabs his lasgun off his back and brings it to bear on the creature. With calm practiced motion, he raises his gun up and fires off a single shot. The shot takes the creature in its right appendage.

Half Action: Draw Gun
Half Action: Ranged Attack [roll0]
Ouch!

Thorn14
2008-04-06, 09:43 PM
Staying behind the rest of the group as "cover" Kalta had already drawn the pistol out before the others, thanking she had the foresight to follow the psyker in drawing.

She aims her las pistol and fires!

Going to aim, and fire!
Need to be under 48....
[roll0]
Reverse for body hit as ya know.
Damage just in case
[roll1]

Thorn14
2008-04-06, 09:54 PM
(Frakin...why do I roll HIGH? And I could of had righteous fury too ;_;)

(Well, reliable roll to see if i Jam [roll0] )

an kobold
2008-04-06, 11:27 PM
The feisty feral quickly reacts, aiming her rifle at the advancing enemy and scoring true with a hit to the body. Unfortunately, the thing's chitinous armor stops the bullet cold. Alaric moves next, just as quick on his feet as he is with his mouth, but his shot goes wild. The thing, enraged, charges at your position with amazing speed and covers a good two thirds of the distance between you and it.
Its new proximity allows you the first good luck you've had of the thing. It's truly a terrifying monster, man sized yet with six limbs, the foremost ones clearly designed for brutal slashing. Its body is covered in a purple chitinous armor that's bears more than a passing resemblance to a human ribcage. The eyes, though, are the most horrifying, alive with a malign intelligence bent on reaching the door behind you. You almost fail to notice the metal muzzle covering its jaw that's bolted into its skull.
Lyra patiently sights her pistol at the monstrosity and waits patiently for it to come in range. Krak is not so patient with his own pistol he pulls out but somehow he miraculously strikes the things' middle left arm, cracking chitin and drawing some sort of liquid. Kalta follows Krak's lead but shoots only air. Vex's lasgun hits it mark and sears a hole in the xenos' top right arm, causing it to shriek out in pain. Still it remains standing, and Roth waits for it to come closer, his own weapon drawn and ready to deliver the Emperor's justice. The newcomer stands ready at the door's switch, doing nothing other than crying out desperately.

Get in before the rest get here!

Okay, I'm going to need you to roll three times in addition to what you plan to do in the next round:
1) a will power test
2) a vanilla d100
3) another perception test

Round 2 begins!
The xenos is now roughly 35 meters away from the door.

Voth
2008-04-06, 11:31 PM
Vex

"Stubborn bugger isn't it?" Vex sighs as he fires several shots at the creature, one after the other in the same cool precision as before.

Okay. Will Power Test! [roll0]
Generic d100! [roll1]
Perception Test [roll2]

Terraoblivion
2008-04-06, 11:51 PM
Upon seeing the monster the monster approach Lyra muttered a small prayer of thanks for the foresight to hide behind the crate. She keeps her aim at the monster before loosing one of her three precious bullets in the hope of helping her fellow acolytes make the galaxy safer for mankind.

[roll0] First the willpower
[roll1] Then the generic roll
[roll2] And finally the perception roll

In addition to that comes the combat rolls. An aim half action in addition to my BS of 36 means i just need to roll below 46 to hit.

[roll3] To hit
[roll4] And damage

nothingclever
2008-04-07, 06:46 AM
Roth walks 3 meters closer to the charging monster and continues to wait for it to reach him hoping to be the first to fight it head-on.
(walk half +delay half)

Rolls
Will Power [roll0]
Generic [roll1]
Perception Test [roll2]

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-07, 03:01 PM
"Annoying bugger is closer," Cat swore as she locked in another round for her chamber. She brought the gun up again, not bothering to sight it with such a monstrous thing at this close a range. She aimed and fired quickly, chambering the round and firing once more.

Two Shots. At Close Range. Total of a +20 Modifier. Woo.

[roll0] - 20 (Gawd this sucks >.<)
[roll1]
[roll2] - 31

[roll3] - Under 64
[roll4] - Woo

[roll5] - Under 64
[roll6] - Woo

Rayzin
2008-04-07, 06:06 PM
Alaric takes some more time to aim from behind the door and loosens a round from his revolver.

[roll0]need 54
[roll1]If i hit
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Thorn14
2008-04-07, 07:43 PM
Seeing the creature for the first time, Kalta's eyes shoot open. "Is that....what I think....?"

She gasps a bit and yells out "Dont let it get close!"

She aims again and fires again, remembering to keep calm, not fire wildly.

WP [roll0]
Generic [roll1]
Perception [roll2]

(Aiming and Firing)

[roll3]
[roll4]

an kobold
2008-04-07, 10:54 PM
Something primal inside all of you connects this terrible creature standing before you with the most basic feeling of all: fear. Some shake it the feeling off more easily than others. Cat, however, is not one of these lucky few. Whether or not it's because of her more primitive upbringing is unknown, yet this fearsome predator strikes a chord that causes her to flee from it.

Alaric the cleric is not nearly as affected. Though he's clearly shaken and unable to keep a steady aim, his shot rings true tears through the things' right leg, severing it in an explosion of chitin and goo. It sprawls on its side and slides forward on the cold metal floor, now merely a corpse carried by previous momentum.

Still, the ungodly nature of the corpse continues to affect the members of your cadre. Vex, Roth, and Lyra find themselves unable to approach the cadaver despite its lifeless state. Krak is frozen to the spot. Poor Kalta faints dead away while the man behind the door convulses and begins to vomit uncontrollably.

To everyone:

Okay, out of character what happened was some seriously unlucky fear saves and shock rolls (except for Alaric :smallmad: ), as Terraoblivion guessed. Vex, Roth, and Lyra each gain one insanity point while Cat gets [roll0] insanity points and Kalta gets [roll1] insanity points and remains unconscious for [roll2] rounds.
Anyway, this was sailing into uncharted territories, mainly because the fear effect can be different to what you want your character to do. I think in the future I'll tell you ahead of time when you have to roll a fear check and shock checks. You'll roll both of them, consult the shock table in the GM's section if applicable, and then post your actions in the ic thread. Does that sound good?

To Roth and Kalta only:

Before you faint and before you freeze in place, both of you hear the distinct clatter of chitinous claws approaching your position on the metal catwalk hanging above you. . .

Voth
2008-04-08, 12:04 AM
Vex

Unable to do anything more than stare at the lifeless corpse, Vex reels in horror, not something easily done to a Feral Worlder. What in the Emperor's name was that?! Something is on this station, something unnatural on the most basic level. At this thought, he started to shake, something Vex hadn't done since when he was a child. We have to get out of this hanger. Its not safe. Vex trys to calm himself down, regulating his breathing and closing his eyes. Taking this second to calm himself, Vex opens his eyes, looking away from the unnatural corpse. Spying one of his companions on the ground, Vex moves over to her side, checking to see if she is alright.

Awareness Test if I may? [roll0] FAILED!

Terraoblivion
2008-04-08, 12:11 PM
Seeing the monster charge at her like that and the gore splattering all over sent Lyra recoiling slightly. She glanced frantically at the rest seeing how they were similarly affected...except for Alaric. Out, out, out...No...we are his servants. We must be strong. With these thoughts she grit her teeth and brought her trembling body under control, trying to calm her breathing as she saw what had happened to Kalta and bowed down to try and see if the girl was alright...and to distract herself from what she had just seen.

Thorn14
2008-04-08, 06:00 PM
Kalta saw it. This was different from books or firing at an unknown target, this was death staring at her.

The pleasure planet native couldn't handle it, she thought she could, but even as the creature collapses in a pool of blood, if it was blood, she found her eyes reeling back as her body shuts down.

If only temporarely, still before she thuds on the ground, she points up and gives a light "The...." and then blacks out, seeing SOMETHING up top....

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-08, 06:48 PM
((OOC: Just going to play a bit with the fleeing. Also, I'm assuming her shots just wanged off the thing's armor or something. Just tell me if anything is wrong and whatnot.))

Cat backed up several steps, fumbling as she locked her final shot into the rifle. There was something inherently wrong with that thing charging at her. She was reminded of her home from it. None of the memories were painful, but the fear that traveled with them, creeping like some crippled juggernaut and seizing her in a crushing grip. She felt weak, small and like prey. Her bullets, while slamming into the beast, did nothing to slow it down.

"We need to get out of here, faster then those things can come back," she explained quickly, hoping she didn't sound that scared. Her backing up brought her behind Kalta as she began to falter, catching her before she fell to the ground in a heap. She looked behind her, wrinkling her nose in disgust at the man's vomit. She gripped Kalta tightly, holding her body up as she began to move though the doorway.

Rayzin
2008-04-08, 08:15 PM
Alaric relax's abit letting his guard down and turns to face the man.
"You mentioned something about more, are you sure?"

Voth
2008-04-08, 08:19 PM
Vex

Alaric's voice helping stabilize Vex's flurry of emotions, He stands up. "With out a doubt. These things," Vex says, uttering the last word in complete disgust. "are predators. They most likely hunt in packs, and even if they don't the smell of its carcase will most likely attract more."

nothingclever
2008-04-09, 06:25 AM
Roth makes a gesture with his head to the ceiling and says "Up there."

Terraoblivion
2008-04-09, 01:46 PM
Lyra followed the direction Roth was pointing it, bringing her stub revolver around to aim at where he was pointing. We have to get out of here. To somewhere safe...

an kobold
2008-04-09, 01:52 PM
Krak slowly backs away from the carcass. Y-yeah, there's more.

The stranger nods his head and manages to hold up four fingers then takes two away, one at a time. He then begins to usher you in urgently, taking a moment to point at Krak then at Kalta. Krak nods begins to move forward to drag Kalta to the safety behind the door, but her eyes are already fluttering open.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-09, 02:14 PM
Lyra followed the man, looking around in fear of the other monsters as she stepped over the vomit, keeping her gun firmly in hand throughout the process. Occassionally she would send a nervous side glance at the man who had opened the door.

Thorn14
2008-04-09, 02:28 PM
Kalta opens her eyes wide open as she awakens, expecting to see a ravenous creature feasting on her stomach.

"GAH!" She yells out holding her las pistol at Krak but lets out a sigh. "Oh thank Emperor...." She says reflexively.

She stands up slowly and looks arround. "Whats going on?"

Voth
2008-04-09, 02:50 PM
Vex

Something inside Vex suddenly switches on. "Quickly, everyone behind that door, NOW!" Vex shouts, clearly not caring if the beasts hear him or not, or even if they can hear. "Quickly, move or die. I'll cover the rear!" With that, Vex picks up his rifle and quickly checks it over to make sure its working. Satisfied, he pops the charge pack out and slams a new one home.

In his name, I shall strike down his enemies!

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-09, 03:45 PM
Cat stands in the doorway, far enough in to be reasonibly safe if any of the creatures dropped down. The fear and urge to run was passing right now at least, and her hands were not shaking. She took the spare moments to reload the rifle in her hands, slipping each bullet so it nestled and waited to be fired.

"Where's the Inquisitor and Zoab?" Cat asked, hoping that they would have more breathing time. "And what in the name of the Dieu-Empereur is that thing?"

Rayzin
2008-04-09, 05:22 PM
Alaric moves forward, "Wait a second."He explains before grabing the heavy stubber and then looking at the dead alien before moving back into the room.

He ponders for a few seconds,"why is the hell is there metal bolted into that thing? I don't think Aliens know how to do that sort of thing."

an kobold
2008-04-09, 10:58 PM
Once all of you are inside, Krak reaches around his belching comrade to hit the panel that slams the door shut. There's a frenzied sound of scraping from the hangar, then silence. I'll take you to Mr. Zoab. Why don't you hit the sick bay, Jericus? Jericus nods and heads off in another direction, no longer expelling his lunch but still looking green.

Your pilot leads you through a tight corridor, made tighter by the occasional impromptu barricade. Blood stains the wall, but it's not until you come to a section that looks like its suffered a blast from Krak's namesake weapon that chitin and goo appear alongside it. One got in, but it's dead. Krak comments. Not even a body left.

Not long after you reach another door, and after another knock, this one not nearly as anxious, it slides open. Before you lies a cross between a bridge and a dining room. Despite various servitors and mechanisms fulfilling their tasks around the edges of the room, a fully furnished table sits in the center. At its head is a plump man dressed in a fanciful white uniform with slicked back black hair and rather large mutton chops. Mr. Zoab.

Would you care to join me, acolytes? I believe we have much to discuss.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-09, 11:11 PM
As they entered the deeper parts of the ship behind the door, Lyra slide her gun back in its place and followed along the rest, sliding back deeper into her robes as if wariness was no longer needed and she could resume being unassuming. Upon reaching the bridge and Mr. Zoab there, she nodded slightly at his question and slid into one of the chairs farthest from him, sending sidelong glances at him as if wanting to know when he'd start talking.

Voth
2008-04-10, 10:05 AM
Vex

Still weary of those creatures lurking about, Vex keeps his lasgun out, turning to address the plump man. "Mr. Zoab I presume? Perhaps you could begin by telling us what that abomination was that attacked us?"

Thorn14
2008-04-10, 02:22 PM
Blinking a bit, Kalta thinks. "What WAS that indeed." She says to herself, pondering.

She hadnt read anything about Xenos though, so it was to be expected.

(And I just found out something that might be bad, Adepts cant learn Forbbiden Lore: Xenos)

Rayzin
2008-04-10, 10:06 PM
Alaric also holsters his weapon and takes a seat. He looks at Mr. Zoab for a few seconds then inquires, "First, what happened here for aliens to appear and where are we? Also, I saw metal bolted into that thing. I don't think Aliens know how to do that sort of thing, is that thing man made?"

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-10, 10:31 PM
Cat waited, following behind the rest of the group. She was silent, as most of her questions had already been asked by the others. The rifle was relaxed, and in her finger's Cat twirled a small casing to keep herself busy. She was getting calmer at least from the thing that had attacked. Still one question did nag in her mind.

"How safe are we here? Can those buggers get near here through some other way then the way we came in? Or are they all isolated to the hanger?"

nothingclever
2008-04-11, 05:21 PM
Roth
I've got some questions too. Will we be needin to kill any more of dem things and will we be gettin any compensation for doing so? There was nothin on mah memo bout fightin some scaly space critters n what not.

an kobold
2008-04-12, 11:46 AM
Mr. Zoab waits patiently for each of you to respond before beginning to speak again, addressing the group as a whole.

That thing you killed in the hangar, a most spectacular job, I might say, was a genestealer. Are you familiar with the rumors of the xenos tyranids, those hive minded monstrosities that descend upon planets to devour everything before moving on? They are quite real, and genestealers are their forward scouts. They prepare a planet for the coming of the tyranids by assimilating and infiltrating the population.

He pauses before continuing. A metallic wheeze comes from somewhere inside his chest; he thumps it once and continues.

Genestealers have a particularly nasty bite, one that implants its victim with an "egg" of sorts that joins its host psychically with the hive mind and enables it to breed with the genestealer. Thus the purpose of the implanted muzzles, I presume. I wish I could tell you more about these particular xenos' origins, but I am merely a chartered Rogue Trader who owes a few too many favors to your Inquisitor Harrington.

He puts his hand up to his forehead and lets out a long, metallic sigh.

An Inquisitorial ship was forced to jettison some containers around Scintilla before it took off to parts unknown in the Warp. Inquisitor Harrington asked me to pick them up. While my crew was busy with that, I received another message from him that a ship matching the missing one's description had exited the Warp about 15 years ago around Huma and promptly crashed into one of the abandoned cities on the surface, would I take some acolytes of his to investigate some rumors that have cropped up around it? Somehow, a container was opened, four of those things got lose, and Krak, that lucky, simple soul, somehow got off in the lighter to retrieve you.

Another mechanical cough, another thump to the chest.

My men aren't soldiers. We've held them out of the forward deck and killed one of them mostly through luck and bodies, but before I can get you to Huma the aft deck needs to cleared. I can provide you with suitable weapons and an auspex scanner. And of course, you will be duly compensated for your efforts. Have you any more questions, acolytes?

He finishes with a forced calm expression on his face and lays his arms on the table, waiting for your response.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-12, 01:41 PM
Lyra turned to look at the man directly. "So we are to secure the ship and then go to Huma and see if we can learn more about the original shipment? If our duty to the most holy inquisition will protect mankind from these foul xenos we will." After having spoken she quickly turned away from the man, to look down in the table again.

Voth
2008-04-12, 02:58 PM
Vex

"I see..." Vex says, thinking over this new information. These things were hunters, and from what Vex had heard about Tyranids, they were not going to die easily. "If they require a hive-mind, how are they acting freely now?"

Rayzin
2008-04-12, 03:28 PM
Alaric listens to the others, having had most of his questions answered he asks one more thing. "Have any of your crew been bitten by these Tyranids?"

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-12, 05:11 PM
"There's only the two of them in the hanger where we came from, right?" Cat asked, as if to just confirm what they were about to do. She drummed her fingers on her rifle, thinking and keeping her face calm despite the fright that hadn't quite left her yet. "I think that we might be able to take care of them. What type of things do you have that might help us?"

nothingclever
2008-04-13, 01:07 PM
Ok guys let's get going and git-er-done!
Roth waits at the entrance of the room waiting to move out and kill them tyranid things.

an kobold
2008-04-13, 04:18 PM
Mr. Zoab begins speaking while looking at Lyra then slowly moves his gaze to each of you.

Yes, that is exactly what is expected of you, to secure this ship and investigate the crash. We would leave now for Huma, but both the Warp engines and Gellar field generators are in the rear, and I'm sure you understand my concern at having xenos tending them while travelling. As for how those things are operating, I am not sure. As they are meant to operate far from the Hives, they might have a bit of psychic autonomy.

He pauses again, wheezing heavily, once again sounding of machinery and mechanisms.

I apologize, my respiratory system took a beating in the conflict.

He then turns toward Alaric before addressing the group as a whole.

One was bitten. He's been restrained in the brig if you would like to see him. There are only two of them left. Both are slightly wounded. But you should know, one is unmuzzled. I am sorry your first task for the Inquisition had to start with this. Now, if you don't have any more questions, Krak will take you to see what we have in the armory.

Krak appears at the door and motions for you to follow. He takes you to a room near the hangar entrance where a good number of gun racks are empty. Still, there's boxes of shells and bullets aplenty, a few las magazines, and enough weaponry in here to suit your needs.

Here ya go. Just don't be thinking you're going to be able to keep them when your done. At least, not without compensatin' Mr. Zoab.

Tell me what you're looking for realistically. Most of the guns in here are stuff that would be available to civilians (think mostly solid projectile weaponry, both pistols and weapons, with one or two las items in the mix.) I'll tell you if they have what you're looking for.

Rayzin
2008-04-13, 04:51 PM
"Anyone wanna try to get some information from the man who was bitten?":smallconfused:
Also Alaric looks around for a couple of bullets for his revolver.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-13, 04:53 PM
Upon seeing the room full of weapons, Lyra glanced over them before she went to work looking through them trying to find a pistol effective enough to stop the tyrannids. After finding one she tried to see if there was any bullets suitable for punching through the armored hide of the monsters. Having found what she needed she sent glances to the others to see what weapons they were taking to aid in their battle against the xenos.

Basically what this means is that i try to see if there is a hand cannon in the room or failing that a stub automatic. For ammunition i'll be looking for manstopper rounds or otherwise just normal ones

Voth
2008-04-13, 07:30 PM
Vex

Hmm... Vex thinks to himself, looking at the few weapons available. A shotgun would be the best for this encounter. Deciding upon that, he goes about looking for a combat shotgun and several bullets for it.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-13, 07:42 PM
Cat bit her lower lip at the thought of another of the aliens already inside their base, but the room before her made it hard to worry. Just about everything she could have wanted for a weapon was there and in more then enough quantities to keep her satisfied. She kept her eye open as she searched quickly, finding the weapon that she wanted without much trouble. She hefted it, loading the combat shotgun with the shells and taking a small box of them. She grinned at the grip, her hand resting in it comfortably as she did so. She paused for a minute, finding a strap so she could hold the

"I'm good to check on the guy that was bitten Alaric."

Cat grabbed a Combat Shotgun with a fll clip and a pistol grip, as well as 18 more shells. And a holster. If that's a bit much, I'll tone it down a bit.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 03:45 PM
As she finished gathering ammunition for her new weapon Lyra reacted to the conversation of the rest. "We should talk to him and see if he is infected, we cannot risk for these xenos to spread. If worst comes to worst he might needed the mercy for the good of mankind."

nothingclever
2008-04-14, 04:04 PM
Roth
Roth goes looking for anything better than the mono sword he had brought with him.

Y'know they should probably kill that infected guy if they can't help him. Don't want anything to spread n all.

an kobold
2008-04-14, 06:39 PM
From the doorway, Krak is visibly displeased.

Look, don't kill him just yet, alright? We're trying to get it whatever it is they put in outta him, but it's a bloody piece of work. Just, ugh, come on.

He leads you away from the hangar and the center of the ship, talking as he walks.

Eli drew the short straw to open the containers. They slashed him up a bit and bit him calmly on the neck.

He rounds the corner to closed door with a simple red cross enclosed with a white square painted on.

Last chance.

He then punches a few numbers in a pad next to the door, causing it to slide open.

The scene before you is grisly. There are eight gurneys in total, complete with various machinery associated with each. Four of the eight are covered by black tarps. Human shapes are only visible under three, the last one just a visual cacophony of lumps and valleys.

A medicae servitor and a man stand over a fifth gurney where Eli lies cuffed to the poles that make it up. His palms are facing up, showing the wounds he sustained on his hands and arms defending himself. A savage bite has ripped open his right shoulder, which is where the servitor's scalpel's is currently heading towards. The whole time Eli's screams pierce the silence of the ship.

They are looking through my eyes! Emperor save me! I can hear them in my head I'm in their heads!

As you enter his range of sight, particularly Alaric, his expression turns from one of desperation and fear to hatred and fear and he struggles against his restraints, almost causing the servitor's implements to strike him in the neck.

You killed the Brother! You mustn't kill any more of the Brothers! I'll kill you kill you kill you.

The man that has gone from tending to Eli to forcing him back down flat on his back turns towards Krak, a look of fear on his face as well.

Who're these people? he manages to get over the shouting.

Harrington's acolytes.

With that answer, the man appears relieved and returns his concentration back to the flailing patient, who's now spitting in your general direction.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 06:56 PM
Lyra stopped as she entered, doing a quick gesture as if to ward off the evil. Upon hearing the mans word she took a step, back eyes widening slightly in panic. "This man is possessed by those monsters." She swallowed a bit and glanced towards the door, waiting for the other to move ahead.

Voth
2008-04-14, 07:01 PM
Vex

"He can hear their thoughts? Thats not good." Vex says calmly as he shoulders his newly acquired combat shotgun. "If what Mr. Zoab said is true, then he is apart of their brood telepathy. Chances are, everything he can see and hear, they can too."

Looking at the others. "In my opinion, he is too far gone to save." Vex pauses and then looks over at Lyra. "Lyra, thats your name correct? Would it be possible to enter this mans thoughts and find out more about these xenos?"

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-14, 07:07 PM
"I think I would agree with you," Cat replied slowly as she stared at the man. It was hard to take her eyes off of the poor man as he seemed to be eaten alive from the inside. She looked at Alaric, almost expectantly. "Could you give him any last rites if we need to stop this before anything happens?"

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 07:17 PM
Lyra glanced at Vex upon being addressed by him, the same fear as before evident in her eyes. "It is possible, but dangerous. And doing it is beyond my abilities." She glanced in the direction of the man and towards Cat. "I fear there is nothing we can do for him except give him mercy and that he will not tell us anything."

Rayzin
2008-04-14, 07:42 PM
Alaric looks at the man then says. "We should just kill him now lest he suffer more at the hands of the aliens. Look at what they have already done, I doubt anything useful could be extracted of him."
Alaric walks towards him and takes out his sword then looks to the others to see if they would object to it.

nothingclever
2008-04-14, 08:41 PM
Roth
I've got no objections unless technology really is available to save him now.

Rayzin
2008-04-14, 08:59 PM
"Sometimes the good must perish so that the rest survive. Prayers will cleanse his soul, but only pain can cleanse his body. Now tell me Krak is there anyway to save him?" Alaric asks.

an kobold
2008-04-14, 09:32 PM
Both Krak and Eli's attendee step between Alaric and the wounded, sick man.

You might not want to do that. . .

You can't kill him yet! Zoab said I have another chance.

The servitor remains still, its mechanisms humming softly, its scalpel hovering Eli's flesh.

Rayzin
2008-04-14, 09:36 PM
"Wether or not Mr. Zoab gave you a chance we'll kill you," Alaric says, "unless you can prove that your still human. Tell me what your so called brothers are doing."

an kobold
2008-04-14, 09:58 PM
Eli writhes in his shackles.

W. . .They use the vents and the darkness! They see in the darkness! I see them seeing in the darkness!

Meanwhile, both the doctor and Krak move closer to you, their postures imploring.

Krak shrugs and gestures towards the physician. He'll know how to fix him. I'm just going to say that Eli's popular among the crew. A good many won't care who you are if you kill him without giving them chance to pay respects, they'd just as soon empty the hangar of air with you in it otherwise. Doc, you have anything you want to say?

The doctor, a short, skinny man, begins to speak. He's clearly very nervous but very well-mannered.

I'm Doctor Tybalt, you must be with the Ordo Xenos. You'll probably be very interested in this. There's. . .something in the wound, something that was put in with the bite. I think it's changing him but it's also healing his wounds somehow. I've been trying to remove it but, well, um, I've been afraid of killing him, and I'm not nearly as well liked as my patient.

Voth
2008-04-14, 10:04 PM
Vex

"Interesting." Vex thinks about the wound for a second before responding. "Doctor... Tybalt was it? Is it possible to delay the healing process of the implant by somehow freezing it?"

Thorn14
2008-04-14, 10:14 PM
Having grabbed a hell pistol from the supply, Kalta silently follows the rest of the group, looking on in silent terror...and awe, of the patient who seems..."infected."

She looks at the mad man with a look of pity and then hears news about something that is healing the wound.

"If what I can gather from general parasitic creatures, I would say that this implanted...thing, is what is causing the madness...."

She looks down again, and then back at her hell pistol.

"If we can safely remove it, we might not only save him from his increasing madness, but learn more about these xenos..."

What she didnt say is that, even if they do kill the man, it would be a victory if they could find the parasite.

nothingclever
2008-04-14, 10:39 PM
Roth
While Vex continues his conversation with Tybalt Roth asks Eli:
Can you tell us where these things you hear are? What are they thinking now? We will make those sounds go away faster with your help.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 10:50 PM
As the others talked, Lyra hanged back seeming to think waiting to speak until Krak did so, when she spoke with a firmer voice than any of you have heard her use before. "We will not take their friend without giving them a chance to prove their last respects. Even if he needs the mercy i will not rob them of a chance to see him first." As she spoke she somehow grew a bit in stature and presence.

Rayzin
2008-04-15, 05:50 PM
" Bah... It doesnt matter if you not well liked, if he dies during the operation then it is another the aliens have taken. I also think that hes not gonna be escaping anytime soon but he could give us information about those aliens..."Alaric ponders for a moment," does anyone of you know anything about these Tyranids?"

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-15, 06:32 PM
"Actually, if he can see what the buggers see, can they see what he sees?" Cat asked allowed. She flipped the safety on her rifle and removed the hammer, leaning on the sturdy gun as she thought. "I agree with Lyra though. We can't kill him without giving him some honor and letting others see him off. It just wouldn't be... right."

an kobold
2008-04-18, 11:42 PM
Doctor Tybalt appears relieved, glad at the reprieve Eli and him have been granted.

The fact that he's still struggling against those. . .things means something of the crew mate is still there, right?

He then turns to Kalta.

I've been working along similar lines. Thing is, I fear if I attempt to take the parasite, if you will, out, an artery it has attached itself to will bleed out before I can do anything. Of course, even if the surgery is successful, we won't know if his connection is severed until he comes out of it. And if the connection is complete, I fear to think what havoc he could cause on Mr. Zoab's ship. Tybalt visibly shudders and seems to hunch inwards on himself before straightening up and continuing. Of course, since this is your now your jurisdiction, the final decision is yours to make. The way he says it reminds you of the children's game "Heretical Potato," and said potato has just been passed to you.

Meanwhile, Eli tosses on his table. His head twists to view Cat and Roth and continues to speak through Tybalt's ruminations as if oblivious of his fate being decided. The darkness, the darkness, they want you in the darkness. Every time he turns towards Cat, he makes a forward nod with his head, his eyes desperate to communicate.

Krak is silent through all of this except to put his hand on Lyra's shoulder.
Quietly, he addresses her, the most serious he has been since you've met him at midday. Thank you. I'll go get those who'll want to see him. He retreats through the door you came through, shouting back.
Tybalt, if anything happens before I get back, you're a dead man

Terraoblivion
2008-04-19, 03:46 PM
Krak's touch startled Lyra, breaking the moment of confidence that her outburst seemed to have triggered as she drew back into her robes. She did manage to give Krak a weak smile as he thanked him. "...Was nothing." As she say it an air comes over her as if she is thinking more than she is saying.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-19, 06:30 PM
Cat retreated to one of the side leaning against a wall as she stared at the half human thing before her. She actively struggled to not place her new shotgun's muzzle right next to the alien's head and pull the trigger. She caught herself though. The bugger was once a human, and others needed to mourn his loss.

She didn't even notice as her hands fiddled with the hammer, slipping it back into the rifle and turning the safety off.

Voth
2008-04-19, 08:30 PM
Vex

Still curious, Vex calmly approaches Eli, trying to get a closer look at the man and his wound.

Rayzin
2008-04-19, 08:40 PM
Alaric looks around for a few seconds.
"Anyone want to go kill this, these Tyranids?"

Terraoblivion
2008-04-19, 09:08 PM
Lyra turned towards Alaric and nodded slightly at the young priest before beginning to move towards the door. As she did so she muttered a prayer at a sufficiently low tone of voice that it would be hard for the other acolytes and other people in the room to hear what she was saying.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-20, 10:20 PM
Cat nodded as well, holding onto her rifle tightly. She waited, staying a bit behind the others in morbid curiosity. As scared as she was, the strange abomination was oddly fascinating. It was so easy to hate. Still, the other two needed to be taken care of, sooner rather then later.

"You coming Vex?"

Voth
2008-04-20, 10:38 PM
Vex

Hefting his shotgun up to his shoulder, Vex sighs before replying. "I suppose so." He walks towards the others, pausing half way to take one last look at Eli. May the Emperor grant your peace.

an kobold
2008-04-30, 07:18 PM
The hallways seem more familiar as Krak leads you to the door that will lead you back into the reach of vicious xenos. Krak is silent and merely nods at the occasional crew mate passing you in the opposite direction, clearly headed for the sick bay. Upon reaching the door, he begins to punch numbers in a nearby panel. He stops the sequence before its complete and turns towards you.

You know, you're goin' to be blind in there. The aft half of the Tarrier is mostly cramped crawl space for the servitors and priests. It's dim as Dusk's jungles. Just as dangerous now, I reckon. And ya'll know that we can't keep this door open til you come back, so if you're running and need a quick open, shoot three times.

He turns away, pauses for a moment, and smashes his left fist into the bulkhead.

You show them Buggers the Emperor's wrath. You show them good.

With that, he punches in the last key, causing the door to slide up. The hangar is empty and still. Even the body of the one you slew is gone.

Voth
2008-04-30, 07:24 PM
Vex

Carefully walking out first, Vex listens in hopes of not being caught unaware by the tyranids again.

Awareness Check:[roll0]

Terraoblivion
2008-05-01, 12:59 PM
At the last of Krak's words Lyra quickly performed a complicated gesture, before sending a brief prayer to a whole host of saints for the eradication of the monsters. Then she readied her new gun and followed Vex into the hangar, all senses ready for the slightest disturbance.

[roll0] In short a general awareness roll that i have no chance of passing

Thorn14
2008-05-01, 01:31 PM
(Sorry i've been so quiet lately, been kind of bleh lately, but i'm back :) )

Kalta had been staying quiet. Normally she is someone to speak up when given the chance, however, the sight of the xenos before had shaken her up still.

She didnt look like she'd be a lilability, especially since she now has her las pistol out, leaning on her staff somewhat, she seems a bit dim however.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-05-01, 02:15 PM
Cat followed the others, instead taking the new combat shotgun and holding the weapon ready. She almost wished that she could have removed the laser sight, but that would have taken too long and probably wouldn't have helped that much against the monsters. She still followed, keeping somewhat silent as she steeled herself against whatever might happen soon.

Just an Awareness test as well. [roll0]

Rayzin
2008-05-01, 07:23 PM
Alaric is near the back of the group, he draws his stub revolver as he exits the door. He looks carefully attempting to find the tyranids. While hes walking he insists one making sound to attract whatever may be lurking around but not enough to reduce his hearing. He pays special attention to listening to the vents.
[roll0]

nothingclever
2008-05-01, 09:24 PM
Roth moves to the front of the group with his sword readied, hoping for something to kill.

an kobold
2008-05-03, 03:15 PM
As you all move into the hangar, Krak gives you one final Good luck before the door slides close with a dull thud. You are now on your own in the hangar that stretches before you. There are three obvious routes to the other side: 1) through the middle, following the designated path 2) around the side with the Arvus between you and the rest of the hangar 3) around the other side with the gun cutter and containers between you and the rest of the hangar.

To those of you who passed your perception test:

A large tube running near the catwalk is slightly swinging side to side, as if something or someone used it as support to get into a nearby duct. The source of the disturbance, however, is no where to be seen.

Rayzin
2008-05-04, 10:14 AM
"I think we should follow the path."

Alaric also loads Manstopper bullets into his stub revolver.

Terraoblivion
2008-05-04, 02:55 PM
Lyra nodded slightly at Alaric's suggestion as she looked around the hangar prepared for the slightest movement. As she did so a slight change came over her as she prepared for battle, some of the small, mousy parts of her melted away as she slipped into the role of defender of humanity.

Voth
2008-05-06, 12:26 AM
Vex

"It may be better if we split up into 3 groups. I'll take the route around the gun cutter and meet you all at the other side."