PDA

View Full Version : Druid items?

senrath
2008-03-31, 07:13 AM
Alright, I'm making a 6th level druid, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what items to get.

I have 11,000 gp to work with, but let's say I just have 10,000 gp since I haven't written out the multitudes of mundane items I plan on purchasing to stick in my Handy Haversack (we started with 13,000 gp).

Edit:I'm focusing on summoning more than anything else, in-case that makes a difference in what items to bring.

Nebo_
2008-03-31, 07:19 AM
Wilding Clasps. Many, many Wilding Clasps. Items to clasp them to would also be useful.

Baxbart
2008-03-31, 07:31 AM
Thats a good point actually - What sourcebook did Wilding Clasps end up in for 3.5? I had a look through MIC and they aren't in there (Well, besides the two available armour enchantments for druids).

I know they were in 3.0, but did they ever actually get carried over officially?

SamTheCleric
2008-03-31, 07:35 AM
Wildling Clasps are in MIC, under the tools section (they may be the last item in the section, if I remember correctly)

Baxbart
2008-03-31, 07:43 AM
Are they? :smalleek: Ok, I must have missed that - i'll have to check when I get home from work. If they are, my druid player is going to be a very happy man.

Adumbration
2008-03-31, 07:46 AM
But there's the but that they cost 4000 gps/each, so yeah. Expensive for a 6th level character.

Baxbart
2008-03-31, 08:03 AM
True... but they are fairly invaluable (in terms of not having to drop items, wildshape, then put them back on!) to a Druid/MoMF/Warshaper type character. I'm sure he'll stick it on his shopping list if I mention it to him.

senrath
2008-03-31, 08:23 AM
And as usual, I forgot to mention something in my first post. Darnit.

I'm focusing on summoning more than anything else, in-case that makes a difference in what items to bring.

SamTheCleric
2008-03-31, 08:25 AM
I recommend a Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend. Possibly 2.

3000 each for 3 uses of extend on a spell 3rd level or lower. It's one of the better investments for any caster.

Adumbration
2008-03-31, 08:29 AM
Later on in the game, you might want to take look the Trappings of the Beast from Complete Champion. There's one in particular, Ring of the Beast, 8 000 gps, that lets you treat Summon Nature's ally as one level higher than normal, as long as it doesn't exceed the maximum level you can normally cast.

You could buy it even now, but it is very much for a 6th level character.

Lucyfur
2008-03-31, 08:36 AM
I like Rods of Metamagic Extend Lesser. You can cast Great Magic Fang and Longstrider to last for 12 hours at lvl 6. All day buffs are fun.
Of course the Periapt of Wisdom with a Wilding clasp is needed at some point.
Animated Darkwood Heavy Shield is fun too, along with your Wild armor at some point.
These are the main things, even without items Druids are very strong. Saving up for the expensive stuff could be a good idea.
When I get home I'll post a link to a good website with a list of good Druid items.

mostlyharmful
2008-03-31, 08:49 AM
to buff your summons you really need to invest feats not just items, and a druid starts off as the best summoner in the game so its mostly just cream cheese on the basic package,

for casters with not much gold to slosh about I like pearls of power 1, for all those entangles you litter the place with and a stat booster (+ Wildling clasp) is of course de regur. Scrolls of the low level utilities are good so you never need to worry about spamming your spell slots all day.

Also never buy anything that spells can duplicate unless you need it on all day (stat booster for casting stat), things like barkskin and magic fang loosen up your WBL requirements to an amazing degree compared with melee and skillmonkey builds, take advantage for all its worth.

Lastly grab as many Ioun stones as you can because while they really stand out if you are being sneaky they have pretty much no other downside (sans price:smallannoyed: )

senrath
2008-03-31, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty well covered in the feats department (augment summoning and ashbound). And thanks for reminding about ioun stones, I had forgotten about those.

Person_Man
2008-03-31, 09:06 AM
If its a long term campaign, save you money. Druids don't need magic items. So instead of wasting your gp on minor items, wait until you can afford something truly interesting and fun.

namo
2008-03-31, 09:12 AM
- Ring of the Beast (Complete Champion) : 8k
- Ring of Mighty Summons (Complete Mage) : don't remember the price
- Perhaps a Metamagic Rod of Rapid Spell ? I don't think they exist, but it's not a stretch to price them like the other rods of +1 metamagic feats.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-31, 10:02 AM
Save up for a Monk's Belt. Wis-to-AC=good times. Now you just need to make sure to remove it before Wildshaping and you're golden.

Lucyfur
2008-03-31, 01:03 PM
Here's that list of good Druid items. It has a bunch of other advise as well. Equipment stuff is near the bottom.

Linkage (http://coboard.wikia.com/wiki/Druid)