PDA

View Full Version : Stall Philosophy

evisiron
2008-03-31, 10:21 AM
Inspired by the xkcd comic (http://xkcd.com/229/) I decided to put up small yet thoughtful messages on bathroom stalls. Of course, since they will be campus stalls I am using post-it notes to avoid trouble from writing graffiti.
I have also posted another for people to reply to. Most likely, someone will tear it down, or cleaning staff will throw it out, but for a moment the world will be more interesting.

I was hoping to make this the Gitp Stall, were people can see what has been written, and reply or post their own. Hopefully I can replicate some good ones in physical post it form.

The first is:

Can we ever be truly free,
Or will fear be our prison forever?
What do you believe?

Ranis
2008-03-31, 10:38 AM
Yes, because vandalizing public restrooms is definitely the way to spread idealistic thoughts.

Simius
2008-03-31, 10:50 AM
Yes, because vandalizing public restrooms is definitely the way to spread idealistic thoughts.

I would hardly call putting up post-it-notes an act of vandalization.

Player_Zero
2008-03-31, 11:03 AM
In one of the toilets in King's College, London, there is a stall with subject-based graffiti, with sections of mechanics, mathematics, physics, etc. Stuff like "Pi = 3" and not particularly witty comments, but still smirk worthy, I feel.

Totally Guy
2008-03-31, 11:04 AM
Bathroom stalls? The don't sell anything and they don't even have a bath within them.

I thought I'd got all this out my system but that's a new one I'd not heard before.

It's a toilet cubicle where I am.

Cyrano
2008-03-31, 11:13 AM

Now come on, Ranis, that...
THAT... is a surprisingly good example of something to put up.

Player_Zero
2008-03-31, 11:27 AM
Bathroom stalls? The don't sell anything and they don't even have a bath within them.

I thought I'd got all this out my system but that's a new one I'd not heard before.

It's a toilet cubicle where I am.
Do you not watch 'the movies'? They always call 'em stalls in 'the movies'. Also a "cob" is a sandwich. Spread it around your side of England, because when I move town I don't wanna' have to ask for bacon between two slices of bread when I could just as easily ask for a bacon cob... Or a "butty". Buttys are also sandwiches.

Wait... Even here bathrooms don't have to have a bath in them! It's another word for a toilet! Unless you come from the crazy part of England where everyone is crazy... You know the part I mean.

...Anyway, about this bathroom stalls thing, I think that perhaps it would be funnier just to draw phallic images on the door like everyone else.

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-03-31, 11:32 AM
...Anyway, about this bathroom stalls thing, I think that perhaps it would be funnier just to draw phallic images on the door like everyone else.
If everyone else is doing it, I think the joke is pretty... stale.

Brickwall
2008-03-31, 11:44 AM
I like this idea, though I'd have to avoid doing it in the dorm bathrooms, and sadly, that's where I do most of my "thinking". Still, I'll get a post-it pad to carry around just in case.

I think I should get a better belt pouch, because the list of things I need to keep around is getting too long for my pockets, and my current belt pouch sucks.

Player_Zero
2008-03-31, 01:14 PM
If everyone else is doing it, I think the joke is pretty... stale.

So stale that it's original? Have a think about that.

Pyrian
2008-03-31, 02:16 PM
I would hardly call putting up post-it-notes an act of vandalization.
Of course it's not vandalism. It's littering... :smallwink:

†Seer†
2008-03-31, 03:35 PM
"You don't want to know what the last guy did."

Semidi
2008-03-31, 03:44 PM
I ****, therefore I am.

thubby
2008-03-31, 03:59 PM
Can we ever be truly free,
Or will fear be our prison forever?
What do you believe?

no, the bathroom will be

The Rose Dragon
2008-03-31, 04:09 PM
I ****, therefore I am.

No, it is more properly "My parents did it, therefore I am".

Sensate
2008-03-31, 04:24 PM
I've been expecting you.

Semidi
2008-03-31, 04:53 PM
No, it is more properly "My parents did it, therefore I am".

I wouldn't know--I wasn't there. Thank god, that would be weird... For everyone involved.

Zeb The Troll
2008-04-01, 12:41 AM
*scribbles on the wall*

Here I sit
Cheeks get tighter
Just gave birth
To another Fighter

reorith
2008-04-01, 12:57 AM
I like this idea, though I'd have to avoid doing it in the dorm bathrooms, and sadly, that's where I do most of my "thinking". Still, I'll get a post-it pad to carry around just in case.

I think I should get a better belt pouch, because the list of things I need to keep around is getting too long for my pockets, and my current belt pouch sucks.

lol you have a belt pouch.

Vaynor
2008-04-01, 02:04 AM
lol you have a belt pouch.

Your amazing use of the English language sure showed him what for. He'd better think twice before using an item of clothing the way it is intended.

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-01, 02:25 AM
General or guardsman
Prince or pauper
All go to two places
And Death is the other

hamishspence
2008-04-01, 09:04 AM
I kinda like "Beware Limbo Dancers" at the bottom of a door.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-04-01, 10:44 AM
*scribbles on the wall*

Here I sit
Cheeks get tighter
Just gave birth
To another Fighter
That was disturbing and funny.

I kinda like "Beware Limbo Dancers" at the bottom of a door.
:smallbiggrin: Good one!

Ranna
2008-04-01, 10:47 AM
one of the ones i saw on the back of a cubicle door was "also in hardback"...thought it was quite witty considering the rather diapidated state that the door was in.

Ah but I'm not witty enough to think of such puns myself.

Charity
2008-04-01, 10:49 AM
In one of the toilets in King's College, London, there is a stall with subject-based graffiti, with sections of mechanics, mathematics, physics, etc. Stuff like "Pi = 3" and not particularly witty comments, but still smirk worthy, I feel.

I went there

Deliberate ambiguity FTW.

Desgardius
2008-04-02, 08:38 PM
"Writers are uncool people who tell cool people what is cool" I love that quote, perhaps others will too ^^'

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-02, 09:10 PM
"Writers are uncool people who tell cool people what is cool" I love that quote, perhaps others will too ^^'

*grins*...I have a writer friend who'll get a big kick out of that.

evisiron
2008-04-02, 10:55 PM
I used that limbo one. :smallbiggrin:

I also added a religious-ish one (so no posting here) and stuck a post it to an unused computer screen saying "Warning: There is a post it note stuck to this screen"

Gaelbert
2008-04-02, 11:08 PM
When I went to UC Santa Barbara, there was some pretty interesting stuff there. Too bad I forgot it.

Bookman
2008-04-02, 11:30 PM
So at the store I work at (Barnes and Noble Booksellers) many moons ago someone wrote "Stealing books is fun". This has been attempted to clean off but it's just faded (damn sharpies....) anyways about 8 months ago written over the fun was "wrong" and then "you could go to jail". Best part? It was signed "Vigilante Wisdom" which cracked me up :tongue:

Deepblue706
2008-04-02, 11:41 PM

What about the occassional bathroom vending machine that carries "fresh" egg salad sandwiches?

reorith
2008-04-03, 12:34 AM
What about the occassional bathroom vending machine that carries "fresh" egg salad sandwiches?

and balloons!

Hell Puppi
2008-04-03, 02:02 AM
Saw a good one at a pub the other night:

First person wrote: Which way are the Limerchauns?

Second: This way--->

third: <----No this way

Fourth: Yup, found 'em ^

Deepblue706
2008-04-03, 07:12 PM
and balloons!

Don't worry about that, Reorith - there's no such thing as balloons.

Jagg
2008-04-03, 09:53 PM
"At the feast of ego, everyone leaves hungry"

"Make love not war! Hell, do both, get married."

"beauty is only a light switch away"

"fighting for peace is like (censored) for viginity"

You could also write out one of the following each day under a section titled Bathrooms pranks....

Things to do in the bathroom stall...

1. Stick your palm open under the stall wall and ask your neighbor, "May I borrow a highlighter?"

2. Say "Uh oh, I knew I shouldn't put my lips on that."

3. Cheer and clap loudly every time somebody breaks the silence with a bodily function noise.

4. Say, "Hmmm, I've never seen that color before."

5. Drop a marble and say, "oh shoot!! My glass eye!!"

6. Say "Darn, this water is cold."

7. Grunt and strain real loud for 30 seconds and then drop a cantaloupe into the toilet bowl from a high place six to eight feet. Sigh relaxingly.

8. Say, "Now how did that get there?"

9. Say, "Humus. Reminds me of humus."

10. Fill up a large flask with Mountain Dew. Squirt it erratically under the stall walls of your neighbors while yelling, "Whoa! Easy boy!!"

11. Say, "Interesting....more sinkers than floaters.

12. Using a small squeeze tube, spread peanut butter on a wad of toilet paper and drop it under the stall wall of your neighbor. Then say, "Whoops, could you kick that back over here, please?"

13. Say. "C'mon Mr. Happy! Don't fall asleep on me!!"

14. Say, "Boy, that sure looks like a maggot"

15. Say, "Darn, I Knew that drain hole was a little too small. Now what am I gonna do?"

16. Play a well known drum cadence over and over again on your butt cheeks.

17. Before you unroll toilet paper, conspicuously lay down your "Cross-Dressers Anonymous" newsletter on the floor visible to the adjacent stall.

Jokes
2008-04-03, 10:12 PM
Wow, a lot of people crap with pens

I'd write that one at work, but a pen is part of our necessary equipment. It's the only time I take a pen into a restroom.

mathemagician
2008-04-03, 10:23 PM
"Beware of Quantum Ducks, Quark Quark!"

In the computer science department someone defaced the pristine new bathroom with the most vulgar thing they could think of, they scrawled "Microsoft" on the stall door.

obvious pun
2008-04-03, 10:59 PM
What would I write...

FOR A GOOD TIME CALL (7 numbers)

also...

I bet you'll never guess where I put the camera!

and...

Saying Candle Jack doesn't do any-

skywalker
2008-04-04, 01:06 AM
and balloons!

That. Was funny.

GITP succeeds in being the first forum that's made me laugh twice in one day!!!

I have a friend whose favorite restaurant is his favorite because they encourage writing on the bathroom walls(at least, in the men's room). The whole room is covered in witty sayings. His favorite quote is

Life is more than a witty saying on a bathroom wall

Where I'm currently enrolled, University of Tennessee, someone has written "Toy Story 2 was okay," on most of the more publicly used bathroom stall walls. I think it's pretty unique.

The chemistry building has answers written on the walls. Like, one guy will go to the bathroom during a test and write the answers on the wall, and then his buddy will go next and get the answers.

The math building has the epic story of the guy who left his math book in the stall so that he could pretend to go to the bathroom during the test and get all the answers.

Jokes
2008-04-04, 06:17 AM
Where I'm currently enrolled, University of Tennessee, someone has written "Toy Story 2 was okay," on most of the more publicly used bathroom stall walls. I think it's pretty unique.

Haha, I believe that's from the same Demitri Martin joke I mentioned above.

Youtube link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XiFrfeJ8dKM&feature=related) (about 11:30, language warning)

Vuzzmop
2008-04-04, 02:23 PM
Saying Candle Jack doesn't do any-

Scream

Anyhoo, I might as well contribute to this thread somehow, so here's a long one I came up with while in a public restroom.

"As we look back on history, one is reminded of just how many great inventions came about while in front of a beer can, on the toilet, or in the shower. Truly, the three greatest things ever done by mankind is drink, crap and touch themselves."

obvious pun
2008-04-04, 02:50 PM
Oh! One more to add to the wall...

First post

Moff Chumley
2008-04-04, 06:35 PM
You can be a post-post-post modernist and write
defacing bathroom stalls is wrong.

Desgardius
2008-04-04, 07:35 PM
another long shot, doubt anyone will like it, but "do crackers have crack in them? did they at some point?"

Collin152
2008-04-04, 10:25 PM
Think I'll put one of thses sticky otes up under an air vent.
One that says "Don't move or I'll shoot you from the airvent. Don't look up at me or I'll shoot."
Or something like that.

Ranis
2008-04-04, 11:02 PM
"Those who speak of what they know find too late that prudent silence is wise."

skywalker
2008-04-04, 11:19 PM
Haha, I believe that's from the same Demitri Martin joke I mentioned above.

Youtube link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XiFrfeJ8dKM&feature=related) (about 11:30, language warning)

Never seen that before.

That's really funny.

Jokes
2008-04-04, 11:36 PM
Think I'll put one of thses sticky otes up under an air vent.
One that says "Don't move or I'll shoot you from the airvent. Don't look up at me or I'll shoot."
Or something like that.

"Help, I'm trapped in an air vent!"

Tom_Violence
2008-04-05, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I often find that things that seem clever and witty in your head become a lot less so when written down and shown to someone else. I'm sure anyone who's ever had song lyrics enthusiastically presented to them is more than aware of this. I was at a pub in Greenwich last night and the loo there was covered in 'socio-political philosophy', and a lot of it was of the "Capitalism sux!!" variety that would make even a 14 year old cringe.

Jimblee
2008-04-05, 10:22 AM
I don't know who did it, or if anyone knows, but one day this writing appeared all over the city (I think it was New York?)

Love is Blind
God is Love
Ray Charles is God

Zeb The Troll
2008-04-05, 11:25 AM
I don't know who did it, or if anyone knows, but one day this writing appeared all over the city (I think it was New York?)

Love is Blind
God is Love
Ray Charles is GodI first heard that from Richard Jeni.