PDA

View Full Version : Funny Race/Class combos

Avor
2008-04-01, 12:36 AM
What's the strangest race/combo you have accualy seen in a game?

I was thinking about makeing a human paladin for the next campian, but instead I just finnished my Half-orc samurai.

It gets better, we have a human barbarian in the party. So the half orc is the LG, honour bound warrior, and the human is rage-aholic, smash everything.

I don't think I will ever know what a serous game of D&D feels like...

Hal
2008-04-01, 12:40 AM
I'm going to be playing a Gnome Frenzied Berserker in my next game. I think the visual of it is the entire appeal.

Nebo_
2008-04-01, 12:43 AM
I almost had a Cleric of Dog in one of my games. His name was Dogmeat, and he was, in fact, a dog.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-01, 12:51 AM
The awakened monkey monk.

It managed to be as amusing as it was functional...

-or was that vice versa? :smallamused:

Frosty
2008-04-01, 12:53 AM
One of my clerics introduced himself as "Jack, a Cleric of Dog." His cohort then had to say, "You'll have to excuse his dyslexia."

Ward.
2008-04-01, 12:59 AM
Gnome/ anything.

Reinboom
2008-04-01, 01:03 AM
Werewhale Monk

AslanCross
2008-04-01, 01:05 AM
The Hell's Heart adventure by WotC has a shifter (shark) barbarian.

Shademan
2008-04-01, 01:07 AM
well the class was a couple of levels of fighter and a couple of levels of dwarven defender.
race: crab

leperkhaun
2008-04-01, 01:16 AM
i still find a warforged druid funny.

Thoughtbot360
2008-04-01, 01:18 AM
Orc Wizard. nuff said

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-01, 01:27 AM
Warforged Druid? Was he named Optimus? :smalltongue: Could he Wildshape into vehicles?

I haven't had the advantage of DMing any funny combos of race and class. Closest I'll get to that is when the party's Half-Elf Dragon Disciple becomes a Half-Dragon, at which point he'll be Half-Elf, Half-Human, Half-Blue Dragon.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-01, 01:30 AM
A warforged druid with Cityscape web substitution that allows one to use Wild Shape into an animated object

A beguiler beguiler (beguiler being a magical beast creature from Shining South, and beguiler is a base class from PHB2).

Behold_the_Void
2008-04-01, 01:39 AM
You don't know a non-serious game until you've played an epic-level joke campaign.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-01, 01:42 AM
You don't know a non-serious game until you've played an epic-level joke campaign.

An epic-level joke campaign is where you play an epic divine prankster to tell an epic joke and kill all the deities of the multiverse; right?

Doomsy
2008-04-01, 02:30 AM
Thri-keen ninja and Thri-keen bard.

Chronicled
2008-04-01, 02:48 AM
Ramrod the Mighty, half-orc paladin, with his boar Penas.

I shot that down as soon as I saw it.

Bhu
2008-04-01, 02:52 AM
Frenzied Berserker Pixie.

The invisibility during Frenzy was most excellent.

AngelisBlack
2008-04-01, 03:47 AM
Kobold Monk/Paladin and a Aasmair Paladin of Tyranny/Blackguard.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-01, 05:04 AM
I've actually played a Half-Orc Paladin. Due to stat restrictions, I had to totally dump Int.

If he'd got to level 8, his horse would've been more intelligent than he was. Unfortunately, the evil Bard killed him first.

DrizztFan24
2008-04-01, 08:45 AM
Kobold Barbarian with a Greatsword

Doresain
2008-04-01, 10:39 AM
a gnoll bard...something tells me that this would just be too silly for words

SamTheCleric
2008-04-01, 10:42 AM
Mongrelfolk Bard. The worst bard in the world.

Doresain
2008-04-01, 10:54 AM
a skulk paladin

Smiley_
2008-04-01, 11:15 AM
Mongrelfolk Bard. The worst bard in the world.

Aren't mongrelfolk those humanoids that are so pathetic that they get a level adjustment of -1?

I made an otyugh bard for the heck of it once.

Kobold paladins also come to mind.

Watchdog
2008-04-01, 12:10 PM
A half orc wizard is utterly ridiculous.

Or maybe a vampiric, half celestial kobold/werewolf barbarian.

Megafly
2008-04-01, 08:30 PM
I was amused by a kobold barbarian/bear warrior

The idea of a small kobold turning into a Large bear just tickles me

ZeroSpace9000
2008-04-01, 08:41 PM
Desert Half-Orc (Notable stuff, +2 Con -2 Int) Sorcerer. Despite having a 6 Int, or maybe because of it, he thinks he's a wizard. Comes complete with fingerpaint spellbook, butchered spell names, and Eschew Materials using funky components. Ex, gulps a chili pepper for Scorch, then breathes fire out to the range of the spell. Good times.

Xefas
2008-04-01, 08:45 PM
Feral Anthropomorphic Wolverine Cleric/Apostle of Peace

----

Also, I once used an Evil Mastermind (a template of mine) Animated Table Bard/Some Prestige Class the Vorpal Tribble made. It had Perform (Percussion) so it could bang on the house it was in to make music, and used an ability granted by the prestige class to permanently animate other objects.

After the PCs defeated the table, they soon discovered that nearly everything else in the house was also sentient...

I need to go find that PrC. It was pretty awesome.

SurlySeraph
2008-04-01, 08:47 PM
Dwarf Beguiler. "Are ye sure ye want tae do tha', lad? (Sug'gestshun!)"

There was also the Gnome Urban Ranger serial killer...

Edan
2008-04-01, 08:54 PM
I know I am stealing this from somewhere, I just don't know where.

Warforged, Ninja, Dread Pirate. You are a robot ninja pirate. Almost as bad as dividing by 0.

Corlis
2008-04-01, 09:30 PM
I once had an idea for an Elven Barbarian / Wizard. I should probably count myself lucky that I didn't have a campaign to put that one into. :smalleek:

Ascension
2008-04-01, 09:49 PM
I once had an idea for an Elven Barbarian / Wizard. I should probably count myself lucky that I didn't have a campaign to put that one into. :smalleek:

Can someone say Rage Mage? :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and true story here... I'm currently playing the first 4d6-drop-the-lowest campaign I've been in for over a year, so of course the stats turned out wonky. The DM's wife rolled improbably well on stats (and she really did roll that well, it's not that he fudged for her) and has a gnome fighter who has no stat below 14.

The gnome is a total death-machine, cleaving her way through any and all opposition, but she makes the dwarf fighter search the bodies because she's squeamish about touching dead things.

Meanwhile, my sorcerer rolled a seven strength (actually, he rolled a five, the DM "mercifully" let me put two points from my WIS into STR) and the DM laughed. I knew this was a bad sign.

Lo and behold all but eight enemies in the first dungeon we explored had weapons coated in strength-affecting poison. I passed out after taking a crossbow bolt, and the cowardly DMPC halfling cleric had to Lesser Restoration me back to consciousness.

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-01, 10:59 PM

Warforged, Ninja, Dread Pirate. You are a robot ninja pirate. Almost as bad as dividing by 0.

Pseudonatural it.

Ponce
2008-04-01, 11:07 PM
Kobold Crusader. He looks pretty feeble with that small-sized handaxe. That is, until he starts off with Elder Mountain Hammer.

Karma Guard
2008-04-01, 11:11 PM
Githyanki Paladin of Tyr, and his buddy Githzerai Cleric of Ilmater.

Think about that for a while and it starts making a lot more funny.

SoD
2008-04-02, 02:21 AM
Aren't mongrelfolk those humanoids that are so pathetic that they get a level adjustment of -1?

No, they are the guys who are goblin/elf/dwarf/human/halfling/gnome/orcs. -4 cha, -2 int +4 con.

A permanancied reduced grig barbarian/frenzied bezerker.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-02, 07:26 AM
In all reality I have played an awakened falcon wizard (with divine specialization) He used alter self to become a pigeon, no one ever suspected anything...
I also had a gnome bard. Some people found him to be a bit offensive.
through some bad circumstances was a castrato bard, who got cursed by an item to have blue skin and white hair. he then finally in the end of the campaign became a werewolf lord.
I have played with a half-orc who got reincarnated as a dwarf, barbarian with intelligence of 6, so still thinks he's a half-orc.

mostlyharmful
2008-04-02, 07:36 AM
Erasmus the Fantabulous. Troll bard with a "Shiney = good" dress sense and an enourmous hat (with feather)... and tights... :smalleek:

I had fun playing that one.

Fitz
2008-04-02, 07:50 AM
ok beaten to the feral anthropormorphic wolverine (druid in my case!)

so Ice toad cleric, a reincarnate spell in a 2nd ed game produced the cleric arriving in the form of an ice toad.

Fitz

bignate
2008-04-02, 08:08 AM
i hae always thought it would be interesting to play an awakened animal...

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-02, 08:10 AM
Seeing that I almost forgot about the full orc psychic warrior that thought he was a barbarian. He had an intelligence of 5 and charisma of 7. He thought that when he raged he grew bigger since people had told him about that rage thing in combat. He was interesting. Noone in the campaign except the player and DM knew what he was.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-02, 10:01 AM

Warforged are Living Constructs, which some people think means they can have necromancy done to them. That spell that raises people with some of their class levels...

Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot!

Funkyodor
2008-04-02, 10:14 AM
Heh, heh. Reading these posts helped me come up with my next character combination.

Necropolitan Sorcerer focusing in energy substitution evocations, enchantment/charm, [S]Bigby Steven Colbert spells, and taking some ranks in perform (dance). Michael Jefferson has just been born. Muah-hah-hah!

Jastermereel
2008-04-02, 10:19 AM
It seems Kobolds are popping up a lot here.

I'm planning on introducing an NPC Kobold Bard while briefly filling in as DM...if only to play jingle-dogs on loop (perhaps sped-up) until the characters find a way to make him stop singing.

Kesnit
2008-04-02, 12:17 PM
I'm planning on introducing an NPC Kobold Bard while briefly filling in as DM...

Are you going to call him Deekin and have him call the PC's "Boss"?

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-02, 12:29 PM
Earth Kobold.

Doesn't need a class, those things are just amusing in their own right.

Coplantor
2008-04-02, 12:43 PM

Make him an undead if it is legal, then you have a zombie cyborg pirate ninja!

And the pseudonatural is also a good thing, that plus te previous would be the zombie cyborg irate ninja of cthulu.

Jastermereel
2008-04-02, 01:33 PM
Are you going to call him Deekin and have him call the PC's "Boss"?

Hey, I may be willing to put Jingle-Dogs on loop at a higher-than-natural speed and pitch, but I don't want him to be that annoying.:smallbiggrin:

Telonius
2008-04-02, 02:08 PM
Make him an undead if it is legal, then you have a zombie cyborg pirate ninja!

And the pseudonatural is also a good thing, that plus te previous would be the zombie cyborg irate ninja of cthulu.

Any way we could somehow work a viking into that?

The Rose Dragon
2008-04-02, 02:19 PM
OK, this is not funny so much as it is weird.

Warforged Warblade / Shadowsmith / Incarnum Blade / Corrupted Avenger /Pious Templar / War Mind. It has access to nearly every single type of magic out there, and full BAB.

I called him Dabblade.

Coplantor
2008-04-02, 04:48 PM
Any way we could somehow work a viking into that?

He's half dwarf and hails from the frozen lands of the north! I just feel an urge to draw this thing...

Apoc360
2008-04-02, 04:48 PM
Half-Dragon Halfing Barbarian, wielding a 15 foot spiked chain. IN this same party, there was a NG Dwarven Cleric who healed only himself and ran/hid whenever the party was close to dieing, and a genocidal Paladin who had a thing against Dwarves.

TempusCCK
2008-04-02, 08:12 PM
Warforged Psion with a Brilliant Energy Greatsword, the magic in his voice got a little messed up, so now he kind of sounds like James Earl Jones.

Or has that been done?

Glyde
2008-04-02, 08:30 PM
Saint Rydia, the Minotaur/Ibixian halfbreed Cleric of Eldath.

<3

Collin152
2008-04-02, 09:01 PM
Warforged Psion with a Brilliant Energy Greatsword, the magic in his voice got a little messed up, so now he kind of sounds like James Earl Jones.

Or has that been done?

All Warforged are voiced by James Earl Jones.

Ascension
2008-04-02, 09:06 PM
All Warforged are voiced by James Earl Jones.

Except Warforged druids, they get their choice of Peter Cullen (if good) or Frank Welker (if evil).

Collin152
2008-04-02, 10:28 PM
Except Warforged druids, they get their choice of Peter Cullen (if good) or Frank Welker (if evil).

Only if they take a feat.