2008-04-01, 01:21 AM
Charecters:

XPANCAKESX-Orric West-Halfling Rouge-Male

Dull Oddity-Filia Silvae-Human Druid-Female

Ardemus-Kasai Abynon -Human Monk-Male

Silverkiss-Esial Therion-Half-Orc Fighter-Male

Irrealist-Michael-Human Cleric of Pelor-Male

Snowfall-Magus Loren-Elf Conjurer-Male

((sorry but I am going to disregard your back stories,sorry))

Having arrived in town a few days before, you have become familiar with the small farming village of Nean. The people are pleasent,the girls are pretty and the ale is good. It's small but has it's own Black Smith, Fletcher, Inn and Mill. The sun beats down on you, it's not to hot though,more of a pleasent warmness.

Surrounding the village are small mountains and a river runs down the middle of the village,supplying water and food. Some time during the day you make your way down to the Inn,either to rest or drink some goo Neanian Ale. Regardless, you sit around inside the cosy Inn, named the Black Dragon, rubbing shoulders with the locals.

Starting gold is 100 and you already have your equipment ( having come from out of town,it would make no sense if you had to re-buy equipment) and are all in the inn ( make up a reason).

I suggest asking around:smallwink:

Ardemus
2008-04-01, 03:49 AM
Kasai, Human Monk

The day slowly pulled away with the setting sun. Sai felt the warmth of hard exercise in his muscles and a thorough satisfaction. He looked over his work. A strong stone fence had replaced a short section of the Echman's corral. The section fronted the river, and the original wood hadn't held up to the abuse. Thunderhead nickered approvingly and paced the new construction. The horse had been paying curious attention to the work for most of the afternoon.

Sai smiled gently and smoothed his simple shirt, his hands rough and dry from handling the stones. His clothes were very basic: a sleeveless shirt with buttons down the front, straight loose pants and leather sandals. It was all a warm tan orange color and very neatly made. He undid his belt and slipped several pouches and a clay jug back into place. After adding a brown woolen cloak he hefted his backpack, moved the cloak off his shoulders and grasped his walking stick. With one last glance at the wall he moved toward the center of town. Mr. Eckman waved kindly from his stoop as he noticed the monk leaving his property.

Sai loved the feel of exertion in his muscles. Indulging that sensation throughout his youth had brought him into young adulthood with the appearance (and reality) of refined physical power. The sun reflected off his shoulders and hairless head as he gained the main road to town.

Not far down the road Kasai turned into the Black Dragon, Nean's local inn. He took in the unfamiliar faces without concern and moved to a table near the door. He carefully laid his pack to rest beside it and sat, resting his walking staff against the table edge. Though he sat with his back straight and shoulders erect he gave the impression of relaxation and calmness.

He scanned the room casually, observing the world around him, as he waited to order a meal and some beer.

Snowfall
2008-04-01, 08:21 AM
Magus Loren, Elf Conjurer

The elf sighed as the midwife shook her head, the old lady had the only interesting book in town but wasn't willing to part with it. Not that Magus really believed that the "Birthing Patterns of the Seven Races" was quite the kind of knowledge his master had in my mind when he sent Magus out the tower door, forever, but focusing on the book had allowed Magus to deny the obvious for a little while longer. He couldn't anymore.

"Real knowledge will not be found in books." his master had said, "Books are just a reflection of what is real, sometimes valuable, sometimes blurred, but always at least one step away from reality. Go to the source."

Magus thanked the midwife for her time and stepped out the door, at the edge of town. The elf had never been particularly social, but he was smart enough to know that he had to change his actions if he wanted different results: it was clear he would need to start talking to people, find some friends, and then be part of a story, rather than just reading one.

Following the noise and bustle, Magus made his way to the Black Dragon, pushing open the door and walking quickly inside.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-01, 09:07 AM
Filia Silvae
From outside the tavern comes a long high pitched whistle. Those who are near the Black Dragon see a short and slight woman whistling and looking at the sky. Moments later a large bird plummets towards the ground and at the last minute spreads its wings and rises a few feet to land gently on the woman's shoulder. It is obvious that she is not comfortable with her surroundings but why is not known. She glances around one last time and whispers into her eagle's ears, it tilts its head and swoops up to land in a nearby tree.

All heads turn at the sight of a small woman entering the Black Dragon. Obviously she is a traveler, wearing a leather shirt and some pants. She seems to be anxious but she steps forward again. She looks around and walks up to the bar. She gets a couple of cat calls and the bartender and those around distinctly hear her say a couple of sharp words in a language unknown to them. She then turns to the bartender and asks, I gather I am not the normal client you might have, but might I get a warm meal and a light drink. I have traveled long and desire some food before continuing on.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-01, 12:33 PM
Orric West - Halfling Rogue

After the last week of trecking through the forest paths from the neighbouring town, having lost his barings after tracking that rabbit he'd eventually eaten for a mile or 2, Orric finally broke through the tree line to see the small village before him, set near a river. He had visited places like this before in his recent travels, and knew that unlike the big cities, entertained would rarely come to find him - so he would have to find it himself. After eventually clambering through the bars in a gate and carefully making his way through a herd of sheep he decided the best course of action was to find a place to rest, then head on out and around the village, see what this latest stop on his journey had to offer. Walking through the lanes and streets, he eventually came across an inn with the sign of a dark flying lizard hung outside. "The Black Dragon" he read, just before pushing his way through the door.

Inside he saw an array of villagers, old men enjoying a rather loud game of cards in one corner (he spotted no coin staked on the table so assumed it was a friendly game), a man smoking his pipe with his pair of herding hounds resting dutifully at his feet, the air thick with smoke not from him alone, and a woman with a bird on her shoulder who looked out of place, and aware of it. 'A druid? i've not seen many of them on my travels - maybe she'll be able to tell me where the local roads and paths around here lead onto?' he thought to himself 'But only after i've had a few minutes to sit down'

Finding a quiet corner with a table and chair, finally able to rest his feet, and sat back to watch as more people passed in and out of the door

Ardemus
2008-04-01, 06:02 PM
Kasai, Human Monk

Sai felt something brewing as he watched the procession of people walk into the Black Dragon. He was an unusual sight in a small town, but as he ate and drank he saw several other people who stood out among the craftsmen and farmers.

One leather clad woman caught his attention because of her discomfort. He watched her, attempting to measure her intent. Was she armed? Was she nervous because she planned some malice, or because she feared it? What of the halfling, uncommon just by the nature of his kin? The small man paid particular attention to the leather clad woman and made his way directly to an empty corner of the common room. Were they linked somehow? Perhaps planning something together, or mayhap the halfling was some threat to the human?

[OOC Sense Motive: Leather clad human [roll0]]
[OOC Sense Motive: Halfling [roll1]]

Snowfall
2008-04-01, 06:40 PM
Magus

Magus walked quickly up to the bar, practically ignoring his surroundings, and greeted the bartender cordially. Magus had already stopped in several times before, often for advice but sometimes for a hot meal as well.

This time Magus decided to order a mug of ale, not so much because he thought he would enjoy it, it just seemed to be the thing social people here did. Sipping it lightly he looked straight ahead and commented to the bartender, "No more luck today with books, just like you had predicted, though the midwife did have one like you said. So I thought perhaps I would start trying to find interesting people to talk to instead. Have you seen any?"

Ardemus
2008-04-01, 07:04 PM
Kasai, Human Monk

"To find interesting people," came a voice from behind Magus, "first consider yourself, and then look at the people surrounding you. You'll surely find that ignoring the world around you is an activity that leads to little insight."

If you turn to look you'll see well muscled man of average height drinking calmly from a flask of beer. Despite the obvious insult you might take from the words you get no sense of malice, condescension, or even humor. It's like he was stating a simple observation, perhaps commenting about the orange hue of his tan shirt.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-01, 09:57 PM
Filia Silvae & Lux
Who can say what patterns the flame will burn next, or where the water will flow? Who knows where the tree will branch or where the wind will blow? The world has more knowledge to learn than anyone could hope to gain in a lifetime, or even in a hundred lifetimes. If you would like I have a friend I will introduce you to who knows more than I about the world, for he has seen much.
The female steps outside and whistles high and steady, down flies a large eagle and it lands on her shoulder. She walks back inside with a large eagle. She whispers in his ear and he climbs down onto the bar, takes a nibble from the food on her plate and then waits calmly for her to speak.
She leans over to the man who was questioning and says, Although I know not who you are, I am Filia and this is my friend Lux, as I have said he is a good source of knowledge if only you can learn to listen. Where are you from and what brings you to this location?I for one do not know why I am here, except for my elders sent me, for knowledge. She bows slightly to the man who was asking about knowledge and then to the one who was blunt.

Ardemus
2008-04-01, 10:11 PM
Kasai, Human Monk

Sai paused to blink at Filia. Well... there you go then. I don't understand all of what she said, or what bearing it has on the current conversation, but she has certainly proven herself an interesting person."

Kasai glanced at the halfling in the corner to guage his reaction.

shade-of-black
2008-04-02, 12:54 AM
The bartender hands Filia a room key and hands out the ale to the respected patrons. When Filia returned with her bird and it started eating of her plate,he wasn't to happy.

Get that bird out of my Inn! I'll have no animals in here,eating of my counter! Grumbled the inn keeper.

[ooc: Kasai- sense motive check failed on filia, succes on halfling.

He's just looking for a place to rest after a long journey and hopes to get a room at the inn.]

Ardemus
2008-04-02, 01:55 AM
Kasai, Human Monk

Kasai continues, "Filia, I am Kasai Abynon. Many people call me Sai," his name sounded similar to KaaSigh AhBinNon, "Your philosophy eludes me, and you may be insane, but that can make for good conversation. You are welcome at my table. The both of you may sit with me if you please."

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-02, 02:56 AM
Filia
I apologize if Lux is a problem, I will have him wait outside for me. Filia talks in an unknown language to those nearby and the eagle hops up on her shoulder. She walks outside. She hands some remains to Lux and he swoops up to a tree to finish his dinner in peace.
Walking back in Filia states It is a pleasure to meet you. I would enjoy very much joining your table. I myself am not native to these lands, are you?

Snowfall
2008-04-02, 06:19 AM
Magus

Magus jumped at at Kasai's words, but had little time to take offense, because he was busy taking in all the new people in the room. His reaction to Filia and Lux was a bit stronger, the eagle and its owner drawing a broad smile to his face.

"I am a Magus, 'graduated' by my former master, the conjurer Phistophel, and sent out into the world to seek knowledge. Mostly I've been looking at books, but...", the elf shrugged,
"I've never seen anyone like all of you. In person any ways."

Magus accepted their invitation to a table and said, "Perhaps we can ask the other traveler to join us too?" He gestured towards the seated halfling.

Irrealist
2008-04-02, 08:05 AM
Michael

Michael, clothed in a simple off-white monk's habit consisting of an ankle-length tunic and a wide scapular, raised his head from the beer he enjoyed with two other clerics of Pelor. He had left all his belongings in the temple, and the small group hadn't been very noteworthy. Following the conversation of the newcomers for a short while, he finally excused himself and walked over to the group, bronze sun dangling from his neck. "Good day and well met. My name is Michael. Can I help you with something?", he asks friendly.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-02, 10:09 AM
Orric

"who, me?", not used to such attention - all he usually got was inquisitive stares from those humans who had never seen his kind before. But from an elf in human lands - this was something else... this village was already turning out to be more interesting than the last dozen he had passed through

"My name is Orric - may i join you at your table?" he said - pulling up a chair. "AND BARKEEP? A mug of your finest for myself please.

With turning to cleric, "yes, you can thank your god for the warm weather. Are you from around here - I didn't spot a temple on my way into town?"

Ardemus
2008-04-02, 07:11 PM
Kasai Abynon, Human Monk

Sai nodded inwardly: And so three becomes five. A group of unusual people all too eager to come together. Next some savage beast in a loincloth is going to come in and ask us to play a hand of Quinoia.

He addressed Filia, "The order of Lierahn doesn't keep temples or homes. We travel, with the wind," he paused meaningfully, "and maintain order." It sounded as if he'd been traveling for a long time. He looked young, but there was wisdom in his face and eyes that made his age hard to gauge. He may have never had a home.

Then he addressed everyone, "Yes, sit, if you don't mind getting caught up in this tangle that fate is weaving around us. This may be your last real opportunity to find another road."

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-03, 12:09 AM
Filia
Order, such a needed thing in this chaotic time. I am glad to meet another who appreciates order, but always remember that order can bring stagnation, which is why balance is preferred. Filia said. She looked up at the newcomers and asks, A cleric are you? I have not met any of your order, She pointed to the bronze sun, Who do you serve?

shade-of-black
2008-04-03, 01:08 AM
Bar tender brings over your ale and takes 3 coins.

He looks around the table, a curious expression on his face.

He obviously serves Pelor, the sun god. Druids, so out of touch with the world He muttered the last part. He looked around at the odd group again.

I suppose you'll all be adventurers then? Well recently there was an Orc raid on this town, but the militia and a few other adventurers chased them away,to the swamp to the south. We haven't seen em for days. I'm sure the mayor would reward you handsomely to recover them or their bodies. Said the Bartender.

Matter of fact, I think he did put a reward out for information on there wearabouts. Here look. He said as he pulled out a roll of parchment from his pocket and spread it out on the table. It reads:
100 gold for the person or persons who recovers the villagers,living or deceased with proof of their fate.

The Bartender looks grim.

I don't be thinking that they still be alive, Pelor Guide Me He says in a worried tone.

[ cheesy huh? It'll get better, I promise.]

Ardemus
2008-04-03, 01:52 AM
Kasai, Human Monk

Kasai laughs richly, "Adventurers! Friend, you must be a retired bard!

"So tell me, why should I side with your kin rather than the orc? In my experience humans terrorize the orc as much as they terrorize men. Did your duke, or king, or potentate recently drive them out of his land? Did some wizard go in there throwing fireballs and get them riled up?"

Kasai puts a very serious look on his face, "Did you keep putting your leg on their side of the wagon? They really hate that."

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-03, 02:17 AM
Perhaps we can negotiate a truce. I don't like the idea of killing but we don't know if they are invading or the humans are. I say we at least find out about the militia, after all even the most vile deserve a burrial to return them whence they came. She then added it is getting late, perhaps we should wait until tomorrow to head out.

shade-of-black
2008-04-03, 04:04 AM
Well,if you want to talk to militia captain, He's right over there Says the Bartender, pointing to a man sitting at the bar drinking from a tankard.

I assure you,the Orcs are a violent lot. According to the adventurers party Druid, the Clan was not from this area. They came looking for blood. Though, I do remember seeing the Orc having a strange marking on their forhead. Didn't look Orcish is all I can say, not that I'm very experienced.

He looked over at Kasai.

Well I WAS a bit of an adventurer in my youth, but I'm past that now. He said,while fiddling with his apron.

Snowfall
2008-04-03, 09:13 AM
Magus

"That sounds like a great idea, thank you!" without waiting to see if the others were coming, or if another round of lecturing was about to ensue, Magus walked over to the militia captain and introduced himself, "Sorry to disturb you sir, but the Bartender mentioned you might tell be able to tell my new friends and I more about the adventurers and the orcs."

Irrealist
2008-04-03, 09:59 AM
Michael

Michael looks after Magus, then turns to the others."The 'keep is right, it's Pelor I have dedicated my life to. I think we should go and look for the missing people in any case. When we find them, we can still decide how we should treat the orcs. Since you all seem to be travellers, I suppose you can be ready to leave quickly. I have to go over to the temple to get my belongings and grab some rations for the trip. What do you say?"

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-03, 12:11 PM
"A few extra coins in the purse never hurt, and besides - and at these prices i can see us running up quite a bill... but life without a few luxuries isn't worth living.",said the halfling, nodding in appreciation to the barkeep and taking a sip from his ale, before turning to listen to the conversation between the captain and the elf

Ardemus
2008-04-03, 09:21 PM
Kasai Abynon, Human Monk

Kasai watched each person as they spoke. He listend to Filia's talk of negotiations. He nodded slightly when Filia suggested waiting until morning, that seemed obvious enough.

Kasai nodded at the barkeeper's words, ticking off his comments about the orcs. He opened his mouth to answer as Magus replied and walked over to talk to the captain.

He felt flustered, though he tried to hide it. His master would have held the attention of everyone in the room. He'd been on his own for almost a year, but, even though he said the same things, he never received the same respect and deference. He pulled away from those thoughts and devoted his mind to observing the others. A look of peace quickly washed away any hint of frustration.

The monk paused for a moment after the Halfling finished. Then he spoke, "I will go if these orc indeed attacked without provocation. I would hear what that commander says on the matter."

As Kasai stood to join Magus he paused and caught the barkeep's eyes, "Please, if you can, draw that symbol while we talk."

Then he continued to the other table.

shade-of-black
2008-04-04, 12:39 AM
The captain leaned on the bar, drinking from a tankard with a spear two the left of him,propped up against the bar. He has a face that looks like he has seen much, and is not exactly old but.. venerated.

http://images.elfwood.com/art/l/e/levy/old_guy.jpg
(but with a spear and less menacing)

He turns to Magus first and then looks at Kasai as he says...
You must be the adventurers thats causing all this gossip. I tell you,nothing stays secret in this town for long.Well those adventurers blew in here from out of town, looking for some adventure. They were waiting around town, listening to rumours and such. Well about a week before they showed up, there was a wizard who came through here. He wasn't a freindly feller,to say the least. Big black cloak, couldn't see his face and not one bit of skin was showing, but my guess is it was white as bone.

The captain shivers

Anyways, about 2 days after these adventurers showed up, these big,ugly beserker orcs come running out of the forest, torched two of the houses. Strange thing was, when they came a running in, they didn't yell or scream anything. Usually Orcs come in yelling warcrys to their god, screaming bloody murder. Not these lot. Anyways, the militia and the adventurers pushed the Orcs our of the town, sent em running. They Orcs got away with 5 of the villagers ,carrying them over there shoulders.

The captain shivers again, and you feel as if it's not because of the cold.

Anyways, those adventurers follwed after em, trying to get the villagers back to us.They didn't come back.

The captain takes a big drink of his ale and continues.

They ran off into the swamp, beyond the the forest, to the north. He said, handing them a map.
That should help you. Here hand me the map, I'll draw the symbol on the back.

He took a piece of chalk from behind the counter and drew a symbol.

http://www.logo-search.com/viewPreview.php?preview=205

We burned the bodies after wards, so theres no head to show you, but I remember what it looks like.

The captain finishes his beer and motions to a serving girl to bring him another.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-04, 01:46 PM
"so this swamp - are orcs a commen sight in it? What else could you about the area? If we're even going to think of mounting a rescue, it would be prudent to know all we can in advance"

Silverkiss
2008-04-04, 04:18 PM
Esial Therion, Half-Orc Fighter

Esial, who was quiet, alone in a table until now, listening to everything the strange group said, suddenly got on his full height, his menacing greatsword sheated on his back, strapped to his cloth, a ragged shirt over a shining chain shirt. Heading to the group, Esial says in a loud and rude voice:

"Orcs n' slaughtering, ya say ? Let me join ya group, then. Ohh yes, I've gott'a thing or two against my 'kin', ya know, and I could'a be of use."

shade-of-black
2008-04-04, 04:55 PM
[OOC: glad you could join us]

No one goes out into that swamp. They say it's haunted, mostly wives tales, but no one goes out t the swamp. That's probably why the mayor hasn't sent out any miltia men to recover the townspeople. says the Captain, drinking from his ale.

I have no doubt that you be a good fighter, half-orc, but they say things go on in the swamp that's against nature...but again, wives tales. The captain shivers and takes a haughty drink from his beer.

Sorry,that's all I know.

Silverkiss
2008-04-04, 05:12 PM

"Dont'cha worry, cap'n, dont'cha worry. No haunted swamp will frigthen me, ohh no sir, no sir. I'll kill the lot of 'em for ya, yes I will, and bring back any survivors while 'm at it, even if I have to go alone. Ya, dont'cha worry. Nothing is too hard if ya have a couple' coins waiting for ya at the end, that's what I say."

With those words, Esial stands tall amongst the other would-be heroes, watching each of them with half-interest, thinking about what each of them can do, and if any of them is worthy.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-04, 07:10 PM
Orric West - hafling rogue

"Its been a while since i had any travelling companions - and this does sound like a path that would be best travelled in the company of others. However, i feel that on the matter of what is natural and unnatural our friend - Filia? Did i overhear your name correctly? - would probably be the most emminantly qualified amongst us to judge... if she is willing to travel with us of course? So i will be willing to wait until morning. And i certainly could do with sleeping in a proper bed"

Snowfall
2008-04-05, 06:52 AM
Magus

"Well, I'm not much of a hero myself, but I certainly know a thing or two about Wizards, and I've studied orcs too... though never from quite so close." He paused to look at the tall half-orc before continuing on, "We could take a scouting trip to the swamp to get a better idea."

Although he was sure this was exactly the kind of knowledge his master had in mind for him, Magus was still not sure he wanted to go on a wild adventure with a group of total strangers. "To the edge of the swamp at least." he told himself.

Turning again to the newcomer, Magus greeted him in Orcish, using the traditional tense of meeting a more respected person. Then he switched back to common, "Your name, brave sir?"

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-05, 08:10 AM
Filia
I for one wouldn't mind seeing this swamp firsthand, Swamps are places I enjoy but this one sounds to have been corrupted. Lives must be saved if they can be.

Filia seemed to be troubled by the discussion. Especially when the topic goes to unnatural things happening in the swamp.
I must go to my room to prepare for this. When we get close I think I can scout some by myself during the night to help us.
She glances purposefully out the window at a tree nearby but remains silent how she plans on achieving this.

Silverkiss
2008-04-05, 09:12 AM

Esial grunted something, and replied to the man greeting him in his old language, in his normal loud voice:

"I apreciate the respect ya showing talking to me in ma old language, but I woulda rather ya not spoke it, bad memories, bad memories. About ma name, I have long forgotten ma orcish name, but ya can call me Esial."

Ardemus
2008-04-05, 09:12 PM
Kasai observes the conversation, taking note Esial's measuring eyes. After the half-orc speaks Sai grunts and punches Esial companionably, but hard, in the chest. He seems half way between two courses of action, quickly choosing to drop his arms limply and, if he isn't interrupted, to speak:

"I suppose I wont declare ubbekek and demonstrate my dominance. However, you must explain why I shouldn't treat you as an enemy. You have just admitted to abandoning every obligation and tie to your family and culture."

[OOC: Translation of ubbekek for those who speak orcish]"Karkag geshd kaq! Auk Dkak guldregn ubbekik!" - "You have betrayed us, I take my trust." The speaker of ubbekik is demanding total loyalty. It is a warning that the target has crossed a line, and they will not be given another chance. Basically, "You abandoned or betrayed your obligations so I don't trust you. Watch yourself."[/OCC]

OOC:
[roll0] for [roll1] to subdue
[roll2] for [roll3] to subdue

shade-of-black
2008-04-05, 10:51 PM
OOC:

Why are you attacking him?

Whats with the orcish ceremonial crap?

He was just explaining his background!

Silverkiss
2008-04-05, 11:02 PM

Ignoring the punch he just received, Esial draws his greatsword from his back and loudly defies the man before him:

"Ya dominance ?!? Explain ma'self ?!? Ma family 'n culture ? Screw 'em ! And screw ya too ! Ya don't know what ya talkin' 'bout ! But I don' take punches lightly, oh no I don't. If ya want a freakin' fight, then ya shall have it !"

[roll0]

shade-of-black
2008-04-06, 12:25 AM
OOC: Failure

Guys,I'd prefer if you didn't kill each other before you left the first inn

Irrealist
2008-04-06, 03:51 AM
Michael

Michael steps between the two, drawing himself up to full height and trying to ignore the fact that he left his weapons at the temple: "Put your sword back. And you - ", he turns to the monk with a stern look on his face, "What is wrong with you? If he grew up among orcs, I congratulate him to severing his ties with his family. He must have had a hard time there and I am glad he now stands up for himself. If you want to assert your dominance, go back to the playground and bully some kids. We have a task set before us that is more important than your petty posing. if you want to be part of a group, then behave that way. If you want to be leader of a group, you still have much to learn."

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-06, 05:16 AM
Orric West

"Well at this rate we won't need to worry about the orcs or what ever else lies out in the swamp. But if its all the same to you gentlemen, i think we should all heed the priests words, and drop the petty posturing for now. Maybe a solids nights rests will clear all our heads?

Barkeep - i'd like to get a room for the night please"

Silverkiss
2008-04-06, 10:30 AM

Esial re-sheats his sword, but continues to be visibly angered.

"Allright, I'll do as ya say for tha moment, holy man. But be clear that t'was his fault this all. I don't wan' to search for trouble with ya guys, but I won't let him, or anyone else, punch me 'n go free."

Ardemus
2008-04-06, 04:49 PM
Kasai Abynon, Human Monk

Kasai allowed the others to speak and interdict themselves. He wondered if any had ever seen real combat if they thought that friendly tap was an act of violence. His eyes stayed locked on the half-orc with a firm resolve.

Kasai waited until the last of the self appointed mediators finished speaking. Then, as if Michael was not there, he announced, "Be warned, orc, I will see your sword drawn against me in everything you do. You have the trust I grant an enemy until a day comes when you prove allegiance to something other than your own feelings."

Sai continued staring fiercely at the half-orc. He waited for a response, even if that response was just to turn away.

Silverkiss
2008-04-06, 07:16 PM

"Hah ! Ya can consider yerself lucky, human, for tha only reason I'm not rippin' ya to shreds right now is this man here betwen us. And I don' want to be arrested or somethin' for dirtyin' tha place with ya blood, 'course."

Ardemus
2008-04-06, 07:37 PM
Kasai Abynon, Human Monk

Kasai grinned at the threat, but seemed satisfied. He walked to the table to gather up his things. As he went he said, "I hope that some of you can see the hypocrisy in instantly vilifying an entire race but immediately trusting a creature with that same blood."

If he isn't interrupted he will turn on his way out the door and announce, "I will return at first light, though I will not be heartbroken if you have already left." The door closed behind him with a quiet rasp.

shade-of-black
2008-04-07, 04:12 AM
The sun sets on the horizon and you make your way to bed at some point afterwards.You soon fall into a dreamless sleep and you each of you (in the inn) awake to a server shaking you, telling you that the barkeep came to tell you to wake up. You grumble but oblige and prepare your gear and spells.
Kasai awakes as the sunrises to preform his daily workout and forms and precedes over to the inn. You meet outside the Black Dragon and make your way into the forest.

The sun pokes through the branches as you trek through the forest, and it trickles down bit of warmth through the canopy.

[OOC: you guys can talk now]

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-07, 06:58 AM
Filia
How did you gentlemen sleep? I do say that even though I love the outdoors a soft bed does wonders sometimes. Filia adjusted her armor and asked When do we want to leave? I think an early start is good, we might be able to get further before we have to camp. Plus we will not have to struggle with getting set up before dark.

Snowfall
2008-04-07, 11:16 AM
ooc: I think the party is already in the forest headed towards the swamp

Magus

The young elf conjurer smiled at Filia, "Well, sleep is not actually something I experience, though I did have a very pleasant time meditating about what went before and what lies ahead. Changing the subject, the elf added, "Your companion fascinates me, I myself am hoping to gather the will and material to summon one of my own, but whether winged or walking, I don't know yet."

Magus walked along side Filia with a strung longbow and a quiver over his shoulder. He made careful not to be at the head or tail of their excursion.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-07, 03:46 PM
Walking out into the morning sun and stretching, the halfling started, "Thats the first time i've slept in a proper bed in a month. And all the better for it, but rest or not gentlemen... and lady - appologies, appologies, ma'am - maybe we should all get a look at that map the captain gave us first. While im sure we all have no qualms following new paths, seeing where the road will lead us, theres no harm in taking a look at the lie of the land - unless of course you all want to press on blindly. Its all the same to me."

Ardemus
2008-04-07, 11:35 PM
Kasai, Human Monk

When Kasai arrived he had resumed an air of placid, observant detachment. He politely exchanged any greetings that were offered, and did not object when the group discussed the route for the morning's hike. He has easily kept pace, his staff clicking softly on rocks and tamping small circles of soil in a steady rhythm. He has a small axe, a roll of canvas, and a old crossbow carefully tied down to his backpack, so they don't rattle or huff. The clay jug on his hip sloshes quietly with each step.

He appears quite content.

Irrealist
2008-04-08, 05:56 AM
Michael looks quite different now than he did the last evening. He is wearing a polished scale mail, in his belt is a morning star and over his left shoulder a small shield with a bronze sun in the middle is slung. On his back is a large backpack, and the bronze sun around his neck is all that remains from his last outfit. he seems cheerful as he talks. "Well, if nobody here can read the tracks these orcs must have left here, we should just follow the map to the swamp and see what we find there, right?"

Silverkiss
2008-04-08, 12:20 PM

Wearing the same ragged cloth and the shining chain shirt from the night before, his greatsword strapped to his back, Esial walked alongside the cleric, Michael, without saying a word.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-08, 08:56 PM
Filia
She whispered into Lux ear and he flew high in the sky circling the party. She then said, Well I agree we should follow this map as best we can, but when we get close let us sleep for a night and I will attempt to learn what I can of the swamp before we enter it. She then took up a point somewhere in the middle, closer to the front than back.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-09, 08:08 AM
taking up a point at the front of the party, the small rogue starts walking along the path towards the swamp, keeping an eye out for anything unusual

shade-of-black
2008-04-11, 02:10 AM
The bird sweeps ahead of the group scouting out for the party. The wind ruffles it's feathers as it glides and spots the glittering of steel in the sunlight.
Lux lands in a tree above the source of the light. 3 orcs, 20 paces around a bend from the group and approaching. Lux takes flight and returns to Filia and informs the party of the approaching Orcs.

You have 1 round before the orcs are apon you.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-11, 07:49 AM
Orric West - halfling Rogue

"everyone take cover - if they are part of the same group that attacked the village, then we can take them by suprise - and if not, we can... talk to them. See what they know"

ooc

{hide check (taking cover)} [roll0]

Ardemus
2008-04-11, 05:07 PM
Kasai Abynon, Human Monk

Sai noted how quickly the bird returned. He moved closer and waited for Filia to explain.

Sai watched for the group's reaction after hearing about the Orc. Orric made his intentions clear and Sai whispered back, "No. No ambush. We must try to talk."

He watched the other faces, trying to measure their intentions in the few seconds they had to spare.

Irrealist
2008-04-11, 07:09 PM
Michael, Human Cleric

"They've already seen us. We can't hide more than two people. Archers take cover!" Michael half-whispers while readying his morning star and shield. "Go ahead and talk then. I'll be ready for when negotiations fail." he says to Kasai.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-11, 10:42 PM
Even if they do mean well I agree we should not be obvioius as to our exact position. Filia starts to speak in a language unknown to others and a mist starts to escape out of her hands spreading into an area surrounding her and covering others, the mist seems to be fog but is heavier and thicker.

Casts Obscuring Mist, centered on self it spreads in a 20 ft radius. lasts 1 min.

shade-of-black
2008-04-12, 05:58 AM
The Orcs round the corner and come into your path.
Their is no hesitation as they draw their blades and advance twowards the mist, cautiosly.

You see through the fog a red symbol,tatooed to the Orc's forheads. You recall the symbol and remember it as the symbol the captain showed you.

The Orcs are upon you with drawn steel.

ROLL INITITAVE

shade-of-black
2008-04-12, 06:07 AM
OOC:
[roll0]

shade-of-black
2008-04-12, 06:09 AM
OOC:
Other 2 orcs

[roll0]
[roll1]

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-12, 07:41 AM
{initiative}[roll0]

Snowfall
2008-04-12, 08:11 PM
Magus

Magus stepped to the back of the party, his bow ready. These orcs looked very fierce.

I'm assuming Magus kept to the back, wherever back is...

[roll0]

Ardemus
2008-04-12, 08:25 PM
Kasai strides forward without fear. He raises his arms high and wide, holding his staff up in both hands to make himself more visible. He yells out while continuing stride confidently forward, "Rhahn! Ro haho rhak' hakt gnhukk! Ro ruht rohah rr' Uhzg hannhazgot Kohak! Nhahg uh tao!"

He will stop if the orc also stop. If they continue, he will lower the staff to a comfortable position and walk until attacked, or until he is nose to nose with the leader.

Kasai Spoke in Orcish. Translation bellow for those who can understand:

"Halt! We are many and strong! We would hear why Orcs attacked Nean! Talk or die!"

[OOC: Dice Rolls]
[roll0]
[roll1] In case I need to save to be "without fear".
I'd roll bluff, but I fully believe that we'll kill 3 orcs without trouble if it comes down to it, so it isn't a bluff.

Kasai will hold his action until attacked. If attacked, he will counter with a flurry of blows .

shade-of-black
2008-04-12, 08:58 PM
The Orc ahead stares blankly ahead and raises it sword arm,and behind you 3 more Orcs jump out from the bushes. They are covered in leaves and branches and there sword were covered in cloth. An Ambush!

Strangley,they don't yell war cry's or scream to their gods,or even relpy to Kasai,just stare ahead blankly.

(Oddity needs to roll initave,so does Irealist and Irealist. Also,can some one give me a basic out line of you postion. The path,btw ,is about 10 paces wide.)

shade-of-black
2008-04-12, 09:06 PM
OOC:
initave

Orc 4
[roll0]

Orc 5
[roll1]

Orc 6
[roll2]

shade-of-black
2008-04-12, 09:07 PM
OOC:

Initiave is as follows

Kasai :23
Magus :23
Orc 1: 19
Orc2: 18
Michael:6
Filiae: 5
Orc 3:5
Orc 5:4
Esial: 3
Orc 4:3
Orc 6:1

Ardemus
2008-04-12, 10:45 PM
[OOC: I assume that the orcs are attacking, so this is my held action.]

Kasai yells, "They're not their own! If we free them, they'll join us!"

He moves forward, his staff rolling smoothly between his hands, and meets the nearest attacking orc with a series of swift feints and strikes.

[OOC]
I imagined myself walking with the group to the left and toward the middle or back a bit. When the bird returned I moved forward to Fillia and after Michael spoke I began walking toward the orcs.

I am attacking with a flurry of blows. The 2nd roll of each set is to test for critical if I roll a potential crit. If I can't get close enough to take a full action then I'll use the first attack (damage is +4 for a single attack).

First Attack (Crit on natural 20)
[roll0] - [roll1]
[roll2] - [roll3]

Second Attack (Crit on natural 20)
[roll4] - [roll5]
[roll6] - [roll7]

shade-of-black
2008-04-13, 12:00 AM
Kasai comes forward with a flurry of blows and one knocks the orc with the raised sword arm right int the temple,killing him as you hear the skull crack with a sickening loudness. The body crumples and the other two infront of you don't seem to notice.

Irrealist
2008-04-13, 01:00 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-13, 04:30 AM
Orric West - Halfing Rogue

OOC:

Initiave is as follows

Kasai :23
Magus :23
Orc 1: 19
Orc2: 18
Orric: 14
Michael:6
Filiae: 5
Orc 3:5
Orc 5:4
Esial: 3
Orc 4:3
Orc 6:1

OOC
Orric is hiding (hide check 17 as before) behind a tree over to the side of the path hoping the orcs will walk straight past him without noticing

Snowfall
2008-04-13, 11:44 AM
Magus

Reacting quickly, Magus backed away from the orcs that had jumped out of the bushes while pulling a bit of butter out of his spell pouch. Uttering arcane words, the butter disappears and a large swath of grease appears under the orcs.

We don't have a map, so I'm assuming that Magus will just step as far away from the orcs as he can. He casts Grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) (DC 15) under the orcs, 10 foot square, Reflex save or fall prone. Creature can move at half normal speed with DC 10 balance check, failure means no movement, failure by 5 or more means it falls.

shade-of-black
2008-04-13, 05:11 PM
The grease appears under the 3 Orcs at the back and they start to slide all over the place...

OOC:

Orc 4- Reflex Save [roll0]

Orc 5-Reflex Save [roll1]

Orc 6-Reflex Save [roll2]

shade-of-black
2008-04-13, 05:15 PM
One of the Orcs is still standing while the other two fall flat on their faces.
The fall does not faze them however,but they are momentarily helpless.

((ORC 1 was killed by Kasai,so onward))

The second Orc raises his blade and steps over the body of the leader and swings his falcion at Kasai

OOC:

ORC To Hit-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

shade-of-black
2008-04-13, 05:17 PM
The swing narrowley misses Kasai,but you feel that if it had hit you,your time in this world would not be much longer.

shade-of-black
2008-04-13, 05:23 PM
OOC
A quick diagram of where every one is

The letters represent the first letter of your charecter
The grey blobs are orcs.

Done in 5 seconds in paint,just so theres no confusion

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/shade-of-black/diagram.png

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-13, 05:35 PM
*see OOC thread*

Irrealist
2008-04-13, 07:07 PM
Michael, Human Cleric
Init. 6
AC 16
HP 10/10

"I'd rather not bet my life on that, but wen can let one live and try." Michael waits until orc 3 is almost in range, then takes a quick step forward and brings his morning star down in its weapon arm.

to hit: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-14, 12:48 AM
We mean you know harm. Halt your attacks and we can talk. We want to know about what is going on. Friends do not provoke these people. yelled Filia. She takes a slight step back and readies her spear against others wishing to harm her.

OOC:
Filia readies an attack against anyone who attacks her.
Also, Remember everyone has a 20% miss chance if within 5 ft. if not its 50%. Also, Lux will rise up into the air and swoop down and attack any orc that attacks that is not in the fog.

xPANCAKEx
2008-04-14, 02:16 AM
Orric West - Halfling Rogue
AC17
HP 6/6

seeing the orcs behind the party were in a position to threaten the elf mage to the rear, Orric stepped out of his hiding place to get a line of fire past Esial, at the at the last standing orc in the puddle of grease, letting a bolt fly

dice rolls OOC

disregard second line if non-crit.
x2 damage if crit
to hit [roll0] - damage [roll1]
CRITICAL [roll2]

I its not a sneak attack (Orc 5 isn't flat footed?) so no need to roll for the extra damage

shade-of-black
2008-04-14, 03:09 AM
Orrics bolt sinks into the Orc's chest and is flinches slightly.
Michael mace bounces of the pauldron of the Orc, doing no damage

Silverkiss
2008-04-14, 10:08 AM

Esial prepares his sword, ready to strike at any enemy who comes near him.

As it's not my turn yet, I ready an action to attack the first enemy who comes near me.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

shade-of-black
2008-04-15, 12:22 AM
Before Esial and Magus, two of the 3 orcs are prone in the grease.The last standing Orc takes a step forward and...

((OOC: I'm gonna use a d8 to decide who he hits. Above 4= Esial ,4 and below= Magus

[roll0] ))

shade-of-black
2008-04-15, 12:24 AM
The orc steps forward and swings its blade at Esial.

to hit:[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ardemus
2008-04-15, 01:14 AM
Kasai, Human Monk

Sai winced at the sickening crunch and tossed his staff aside. He surged into the next orc with a rain of open handed blows, stepping between it and Filia if space allows.

1st Attack (Critical Chance on a natural 20)
[roll0] - [roll1]
[roll2] - [roll3]

2nd Attack (Critical Chance on a natural 20)
[roll4] - [roll5]
[roll6] - [roll7]

Irrealist
2008-04-16, 07:41 PM
Michael, Human Cleric
Init. 6
AC 16
HP 10/10

If orc 3 is still there when it's Michaels term, he takes another swing at it.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Snowfall
2008-04-16, 08:10 PM
Magus

"We cannot discuss anything if we are dead! Magus exclaimed at his companions. Magus stepped backward again behind Esial and fired an arrow at one of the orcs in the disappearing grease.

At least a 5' step back behind Esial so that anyone trying to pass would provoke AoO. Firing at the one on the right of the map.

[/roll=damage]1d8
Edit: Redo of messed up damage roll (1d8=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1567592/)

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-20, 06:00 AM
Stepping forward, Filia swings her spear tip at the closest orc.

OOC

To Hit: [roll0] Miss chance >20 succeeds [roll1]
Damage if both hit, [roll2]