PDA

View Full Version : Age of Mythology

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-04-01, 02:11 AM
Less than a century has passed since the Titans rose from their prisons in Tartarus and walked the Earth, the great Giants of Jotunheim and Muspelheim assaulted Midgard and the Old Ones, demons of the Netherworld and foes of Ra nearly destroyed Egypt witht he aid of Set.
Through the valor of great heroes and the sacrifice of countless brave warriors those evils were defeated and resealed-but the world was left almost in ruins. It is thus a time of rebuilding, the scattered remains of once mighty mortal nations raising new cities out of the ashes and ruins of the old.
But though the greatest of those evils were defeated they were not destroyed and their minions still plague the world. Countless monsters still ravage the land and destroy many communities in the wilds, only a few of the strogest population centers being somewhat safe.
In order to reclaim the lands from the monsters and avert a new disaster as more and more creatures rise from the depths, armies are being marshalled from Midgard to Egypt and from New Atlantis to the old kindoms of Sumer. But while discipline and tactics can overcome the savagery and numbers of lesser beasts, there are battles in which swords are of no use and enemies won't fall to the bite of an arrow or the blow from an axe. And as giants, horrible monsters and demons gather so do heroes from the corners of the world.
Perhaps the greatest problems and the largest loss of life, where human presence is too scaterred and large armies tread not is Midgard. The recent activities of the giant tribes from Jotunheim and Muspelheim have increased almost to the levels of Loki's attempt to bring about the Ragnarok a century ago. The gods, stricken by the loss of one of their number-Balder-and hunting down his murderer are unable (or unwilling) to aid in the rising conflict. Worse yet, the Norse tribes that once cooperated in the war against the Old Ones now seem to be fighting eachother.
In the midst of this chaos, heroes from the corners of the world come seeking fame in the slaying of monsters, emissaries from other pantheons come to give aid against the monsters or interfere in the course of the conflict and a few others come seeking to manipulate the fate of the world to their own ends.

New Atlantis highlands shore, north Alvion, Midgard

The remnants of Old Atlantis, having recently relocated to their new home in the south of the Norse lands have been under attacks from giants and monstrous wolves for more than a year. The city of New Atlantis-a glorified village, really-is built at the edge of an elevated plateau overlooking the sea below with long stairs carved into the rocks leading to the harbob more than a thousand paces lower. Low walls and palisades protect the town from three sides with the sheer cliff and sea beyond rendering the fourth largely inaccessible. A city of nearly sixteen thousand at the edges of the high moors and less than three leagues from the vast forests in the south, it has a bearable but chilly climate with almost daily rains and mists making it a dark place to live compared to Greece in the south but considerably warmer and more hospitable to agriculture than the lands of the Norse. The attacks from many tribes of giants in the last few months have made it a much more dangerous place to live though and the town is suffering from lack of trade and food as no farmer dares leave the sanctuary of the walls, no hunter dares enter the forest and many trade ships so far have been crushed in the rocky shores by the frequent storms and the boulders of giants.

A medium-sized fleet with no less than fifty ships has been gathered by other atlantean colonies throughout the world, their Greek allies and Norse and Egyptian friends. The fleet's mission? To discover what is going on with the large but recently isolated colony as no ship has come back for almost a year, send supplies and, eventually, build a strong base that will aid in the colonisation of the islands.
But as the ships approach the shores of Alvion, a sudden and terrible storm strikes unexpectedly, the waters seemingly boiling beneath the vessels and giant waves the size of small mountains swallowing those unfortunate enough to be thrown overboard by the winds, with the rain dangerously reducing visibility to no more than a couple dozen feet as the rocky shores come closer and closer...

Characters are assumed to be in separate ships and not know eachother as the fleet is a joined effort from many lands-please think of a reason to be part of the fleet BTW-and your goal is (obviously) to reach the shore in one piece and (if you want) help the fleet do so as well. Other PCs can't see your characters right now but if you want to describe how your character looks like, it is a good opportunity.

Dustfinger
2008-04-01, 06:47 AM
Josiah

A tall gaunt man walks out of the bottom of the ship up towards the deck. As he stumbles up the top step and the ship is bashed by yet another monstrous wave, he grabs his staff and holds it toward the sky.

Storm, I command you to cease your hold on the seas at once.

He slams his staff on the deck and looks skyward.

I am using Control Weather from my staff to stop the storm, if possible.

TheMeanDM
2008-04-01, 07:06 AM
"By Poseidon!" the towering man in strange, silvery hoplite armor bellowed. "The Sea God is angry today!"

"Captain, what may I do to aid thee?" he called out.

His answer came in an instant as a hapless sailor lost his footing on the slippery fore-deck.

"AIIIEEEE!!" he cried as he hit the deck and slid toward the edge of the ship.

Without hesitation, the strange Greek leapt nearly half the length of the ship, his booted feet landing heavily, though securely, upon the ship's deck. The large club at his side swayed back and forth with the powerful landing. His silvery hoplite shield, strapped to his back, shed the rain and water like the shell of a turtle.

As the sailor precariously clung to the edge of the ship, the Greek reached over with one hand and grabbed the dangling man underneath his arm. The muscles underneath his bronze-tanned skin flexed and rippled as he lifted the sailor high into the air, like a father lifts his newborn son.

Setting the awe-struck sailor down, he clapped the man on his shoulder.

"Lash yourself to the boat, I may not be near next time!"

The man nodded emphatically.

The savior strode back to the helm, warily watching for any further sailors in need. The boat would need all its crew if they were to survive the wrath of Poseidon.

"Captain!" he cried out once more.

Agis had undertaken this journey to New Atlantis in the hopes to locate his friend Iolus. Iolus had left Greece to help aid the New Atlanteans in securing their city from attacks by wild beasts and monsters.

Agis had been away questing for Hercules' mighty club εγχρός φονιάς (Enchros Fonias). When he returned, Iolus had sent for Agis to come, for there was much glory to be found in these troubled lands.

Wishing to spread his fame even further, Agis had no hesitation about leaving Greece to show the rest of the world, civilized or not, what a true Greek hero was capable of.

Before he had left, though, he received word that Iolus had gone missing. This concerned Agis, for Iolus was crafty and wise in the ways of combat. It concerned him that a Spartan such as Iolus would simply be...missing. It did not sit well upon Agis' mind.

Duke of URL
2008-04-01, 07:47 AM
Melioli

On the deck of the Greek warship Gathenes, the nymph stands, surveying the storm. Short and slender, even by Greek standards, with earth-toned hair and skin, she could have commanded the respect of the soldiers and sailors by her beauty alone, regardless of her power. And this was even with her true beauty somewhat cloaked.

She had joined the expedition because the reports about New Atlantis worried her that unnatural acts were the cause. The unusual storm served only to confirm her suspicions.

"Aneis," she says to an eagle taking shelter as best it can from the wind and rain, though in a language that no one else can understand, "I fear this storm is not a natural phenomenon. Be prepared to take flight for your own safety should the worst happen, and meet up with me later."

To the ship's captain she says, "I have no magic to alter storms as nature should normally be allowed to choose its own course. But I am not sure this storm is natural. I will do my best to protect the crew of the ship in case we run into trouble, but I trust in your skills to make such help unnecessary."

She begins casting a series of defensive magics that may be of use to herself and the crew of the Gathenes.

Casting freedom of movement and true seeing on herself, followed by water breathing on the members of the crew (total duration 36 hours divided by the number of crew members)

Lochar
2008-04-01, 08:12 AM
Heidal

Sitting in the pounding rain, a bear as large as he is lying next to him, the giant Heidal shakes his head. "Something doesn't want us to make landfall."

He stands, looking over to the crew. "Make fast the sails."

As they do, Heidal looks over the waves. "Winds of the north, obey my commands! Stop!"

Control Winds, aiming to drop the winds down to the minimum he can, stopping them completely if possible. That should kill some of the waves as they do not have winds to compel them.

CL check if required for some reason:[roll0]

Should the waves come down in size, Heidal looks again to the crew. "Hold on."

Touching the ship lightly, Heidal looks out over the water. "The depths of the ocean rise up. The water of the sea moves forward. The way forward is my command. The standing wave directs the movement!"

Standing Wave, SpC, p204. Commanding the waves to pick up the ship and propel it forward.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-01, 09:30 AM
Looking miserable the giant with dark tanned skin steps up from below in his ship. Looking ill Menin curses Ishkur, What are you thinking? I have pacified you before I left, the oracles said this journey would be safe to the shores.
Menin quickly asks the captain, Is there anything I can help with? I have no magics but I am strong and tough. Menin runs to help the sailors on the deck tie down all the lines they need to and when someone slides down the ship he grabs them and pushes them down in the hold.

Ramos
2008-04-01, 10:24 AM
Lamashtu

As the trireme is thrown left and right by massive waves, shaken like a leaf in a strong wind, the door to the hold opens on its own and bangs against the wooden planks as if slammed by more than a man's strength.
An invisible aura of chilling, unnatural energy creeps up from the hold, spreading unseen and unheard to the entire ship in moments. It is closely followed by what can only be described as a piece of night that walks behind it but doesn't spread. Rather, it unfolds in a cylindrical shape ten feet tall and about as wide that slowly moves next to the captain. The man, though obviously unnerved, does not bolt-he's seen such a display before. The cold, hard voice coming from the wandering dark though breaks his composure and he cringes, nearly letting go of the ship's main mast and being lifted by the wind.
What is the meaning of this captain? Are you as incompetent as you seem after all, failing to notice a gathering storm of that magnitude? If the ship sinks, I'll be annoyed and you'll be dead-and then you'll have to suffer my... displeasure.
A sudden blast of wind picks up a hapless sailor and throws him overboard-or at least it would if the screaming sailor did not suddenly pause in midair then trail his course backwards and slam on the deck's planks once more. The intimidated captain spares a glance for the sailor but does not move, frozen by either indecision or fear, nor does he reply.
Fool. Answer-or do not. In both cases I do get an answer from you anyway and not the one you speak. But it seems you're in lack-you are not as incompetent as you appear and this is neither your fault nor within your ability to fix. Just keep holding the mast and don't move from here. How large is the ship anyway?
The captain does not answer the darkness this time either as the darkness comes closer yet and a thick patch of it-what would be an arm for a human being-extends outwards from the featureless shadow and engulfs his shoulder. The captain's eyes widen and he looks at the dark thing with a strange expression in his face.
Yes, no more than fifty feet. This should work. And yes, I am what you think I am.
A strange psalm in a harsh, commanding tone comes out of the dark and a shimmering dome forms around the ship, barely containing it, everyone onboard and a piece of the sea around it. The dome trembles and ghosts in and out of visibility then attempts to form solidly around the ship.

Resilient Sphere, widened, centered on the captain. The maximum diameter should be 54 feet with the CL increase from the surge. Dunno if it will work-depends on the size of the ship-but a trireme of that time was about 50 ft long.

Cray
2008-04-01, 11:35 AM
Not again.

Rondres cries as he graps the rope. Once again the storm has torn off one of the ropes holding the sails.

Capitain, what shal we do? Can we reach land?

Karsh
2008-04-01, 12:47 PM
Karsh

Standing on the prow of an Egyptian Bireme, Karsh watched in amazement as the horrific storm struck.

Father... why do you place me into such danger? I am in this fleet, calm your waters and still your spirit!

The dark-skinned warrior paid no attention to the howling winds and torrents of rain which beat down upon his heavily scarred chest and back. His simple dress of a black silken skirt with a silvery thread creating many designs flaps in the wind, his short silver hair almost glowing in the lightning.

The sails on the boat had been slackened and the oars had been deployed, other crewmen desperately bailing out the boat. There was a crack of lightning, and one of the masts caught alight. Hearing the crackle of the flames, Karsh turned and took a few steps before launching himself into the air and drawing a short, curved dagger of a dull grey material. Making no noise, the Sumerian severed the flaming top of the mast. Landing on the lower portion of the mast, Karsh lifts the flaming mast, sail and all, and dives, driving the mast into the cold embrace of the sea, extinguishing the flames with a prolonged hiss.

In the water, shadows gather around him and he blinks into view aboard the ship once more, shaking the water from his great arms before approaching the severed mast. He jumps once more, hurling himself into the air and bringing the dull grey dagger down on the mast, splitting it in two. He silently removes a half of the mast and quickly peels away most of the wood to create a massive oar which he then begins wielding to propel the ship towards safety.

Kyace
2008-04-01, 01:30 PM
Tyndur Arfi

Tyndur insinuates himself near the captain, keeping a weary eye at the waves. "Most of my magic is either so weak as to make little difference against the storm or so strong that you'd might as well crash upon the rocks. I might be able to summon a small whale or such to try to aid but I'm not sure if that'd help or hinder in this weather... but I'll assist in what ways if I'm able." The lanky mage frowns awaiting a reply from the captain.

By RAW the epic feat "Ignore Material Components" doesn't remove the need for expensive focuses, so I'm unsure how you'd like us to handle casting spells with focuses. Tyndur might have another avenue of assistance depending.

expirement10K14
2008-04-01, 01:58 PM
Tathron is underneath the deck of one of the boats alone muttering to a small image of a man above a symbol drawn in chalk on a table. Hearing the storms and screams above he starts to mutter faster as his voice becomes deeper, then the image disappears. He then runs up the stairs to the deck pulling out his sword. He is on the shorter side so he easily maneuvers up the stairs muttering more to himself. Seeing the chaos of the storm he mutters to himself again and black shadowy wings sprout from his shoulders through his cloak.

"We may need to take alternate routes to the shore," he yells in a voice so deep it sounds like a dog's bark, "These boats are not safe in weather like this!"

He then turns to the captain and in a calmer tone says, "You need to abandon the ship, it can't land in this storm."

Thathron then flies up off the boat towards the shore.

Underneath the deck he bound Naberius-
[roll0] (Good Bind)
He then cast See the Unseen, giving him the ability to see invisible objects/creatures and Dark vision 60ft. He then cast Fell Flight, so he has a 30ft fly speed. He then used Silver Tongue (From the Binding) to use command on the captain, Will save 19 negates.
Edit: How far away is the shore? If it's more than a half mile I can shadow walk to it.

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-01, 02:30 PM
Fotios

On the deck of one of the Greek ships, the throng of sailors struggling to keep the ship under control is joined by an armored figure. Between the rain and the waves, his hair was plastered flat on his head, obscuring his vision about as bad as the rain was. Fotios had spent part of the voyage picking up some experience with working on a ship, and now that experience was being tested.
"How in Hades are we supposed to land safely with this weather? We're almost better off trying to SWIM to shore!"

The Glyphstone
2008-04-01, 03:47 PM
Amongst a cluster of Norse longboats at the head of the impromptu fleet, one towering figure - eleven feet tall at the shoulder - stands out in between each flash of lightning. He is wrapped in a massive, thick oilskin cloak that nonetheless fails to keep out the blistering rain, much to his obvious displeasure, and the massive metallic disk hovering over his head of its own accord does little better. He takes up the space of two ordinary men in the middle of the ship, though this is offset somewhat by the fact that he holds an oar in each gargantuan hand and moves them in alternate to match the smaller rowers on that side. He grunts softly in time to the drumbeats, but says nothing to the people around him.

H Savvy
2008-04-01, 05:04 PM
The small cabin rolled and rocked. Ishaq Mdjai, suspended in a wildly swaying hammock, was somewhat roused from his nap. The ship was in heavy storm, and had been for quite some time. Mdjai, the infamous bandit known as The Laughing Spirit, had been lured onto this voyage by the thoughts of the treasure and adventure he could be sure to capitalize on in the madness and chaos gripping the region.

Disguised in a plain brown desert traveler's robe with a large headdress covering his trademark frog tattoo, the Spirit had spent most of his time in his cabin, and most of that asleep. He enjoyed the sea air and the salt breeze well enough, but for him, home was dry land. Until they reached the shore, there was little he could do, especially without drawing undue attention to himself, something a famous brigand tends to avoid.

Drifting on the edge of wakefulness, he considered his situation. The ship was being hit rather hard by the storm, and he might be able to help safely lead the ship to land. On the other hand, it was wet on deck. Very wet. And if worst came to worst, he'd probably be fine, particularly considering his heritage. As the timbers of the ship creaked and groaned, the Spirit began thinking it was time to do something. He turned over and went back to his nap.

Meynolds
2008-04-01, 06:09 PM
Flying above a small ship in the Norse section of the fleet is an average sized man, with his eyes glowing a bright golden color. He appears to be thoroughly enjoying the storm going on around him. He shouts down to the crew of the ship:

This is Thor's way of testing you! You must be strong, and survive his test!

He personally is flying circles around the ship, heading forward at about the same average speed as the ship.

pup3k
2008-04-01, 08:44 PM
A large man, at least seven feat tall and 300 pounds, stands on the deck of his ship. The winds blow the crew from side to side, but the man seems to be completely unaffected by the harsh winds of the storm. As he speaks a loud clap of thunder strikes the ears of crew, which is followed by the deep rumble of his voice.

Lord of the sea, you know me. I am the son of your son and know that you hear me. End this storm for the sake of your blood. I know that you have more sons, but I may be the sole one of your line that can give you a good fight. Now end this storm that drives these ships of aid to the depths.

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-04-03, 11:45 AM
Josiah's ship is battered by yet another massive wave as he begins his spell and finds mounting resistance the more the spell progresses. Something-or someone-has a hold of the weather too strong for a single spell to break.

With Agis' help in steering the ship the trireme manages to force its way through the monstrous storm. Abandoning normal ways of steering, the captain puts Agis in position to move the main sail around, his great strength making such a thing possible.

Melioli's help boosts the morale of the sailors as she explains to them what her water-breathing spell does-for as long as it takes them to realise being hit by a massive wave and then crushed on the rocks is as lethal as being run through by a spear. Just because they can breathe underwater doesn't mean they can swim in the currents the storm creates or survive to come ashore. Unless some way is found to help the ship reach the port safely or protect the sailors from crushing impact and currents that can move around an entire ship, they'd probably all die-except for Melioli herself due to her natural affinity with the water and the magic enabling her to ignore effects that forcibly move her.

Heidal's spell manages to calm the winds for a few moments then the storm returns even fiercer. Something-or someone-seems to have taken control of the weather, something too strong for its control to be broken by a single spell.
His second attempt to pick up the ship by controlling the water also fails-but the power mounting against his magic is beggining to show the first signs of strain as it is now fighting three spells at once.

Menin's immense strength is immediately put in the most useful position available-steering the ship by manipulating the main sail. Something normally impossible even with mild weather-it takes minutes to shift the main sail for common men-is within the giant's capabilities and the ship begins forcing its way through the freak storm.

The bubble of force instantly cuts off the ship from the storm-and the rest of the sea-but being immovable and impenetrable while the ship is moving at a substantial speed has some unwanted side effects. The ship crashes upon this new barrier, broken planks flying left and right and cracks running through the ship's entire length. Everyone is thrown off their feet and many of them drop into the water trapped into the bubble along with the ship itself. Such a collision would mean instant death for the entire crew in a storm-or even in a calm open sea-but the bubble just contains the ship and it cannot sink despite the damage. Eventually, the crew could make a few repairs but for now the ship is safe-but broken and immovable.

Rondres' question does not even draw an answer from the overwhelmed captain that is trying his best to prevent the ship from sinking. The greatest immediate danger is being unable to steer the vessel to avoid the waves and move towards the shore-and Rondres realises the captain does not know of his abilities and has no real reason to suspect Rondres is capable of helping in the situation.

Karsh is able to use the torn mast to steer the ship away from waves and prevent it from sinking. He begins leaving the rest of the fleet behind-and catches a glimpse or two of other ships beginning to advance within the freak storm-as well as several others sinking...

The captain is surprised by Tyndur Arfi's claim of being able to summon a whale but then frowns and remarks that a whale could only sink the ship. Now, if they had a legendary monstrous octopus...

Tathron flies off the ship through his power, the hurricane-strong wind almost throwing him into the sea again-almost. But not before seeing the captain abandon his position and jump overboard, being swallowed by a monstrous wave and then the entire ship falling victim to the same wave without the experienced captain to guide it through the storm. Oh well-he could just fly to the shore on his own, could he not?

Fotios realises the ship's greatest problem is steering. If he could steer the ship somehow to avoid the waves and take advantage of the rapidly-changing winds, he could lead it to the shore. Maybe if he could somehow use the main sail-though he's not sure his strength would be enough for that.

Yet another ship breaks formation under an unusual form of propulsion. Moving faster under a giant's strength it is able to avoid-or bull through-waves and add to the smal number of vessels that are making progress...

Ishaq Mdjai is forced awake as his bed crashes on his head and a tremendous groaning signifies the breaking of the main sail. The ship must have just been toppled by a wave too large or too fast for the captain to avoid...

Yet another ship is battered by waves too much to continue, water filling in the hold, slowly but steadily drawing the sailors to their doom. A lone figure of a flying man leaves the ship behind...

The tall, almost giant of a man realises the gods of the seas-or at least his gods of the seas-have no power over this storm or are not listening. The trireme is in a bad shape and if something is not done quickly, the storm may claim the entire ship and everyone on it...

Lochar
2008-04-03, 12:08 PM
Heidal

Scowling, Heidal looks out over the waves.

I was not born to die here.

Planting himself against the main mast, Heidal begins an incantation, attempting to take control over the weather as well, as he can feel whatever is controlling the storm is having issue against multiple spells attempting to change it's course.

Control Weather

Duke of URL
2008-04-03, 12:33 PM
Melioli

The nymph frowns at her inability to be more helpful. What could this storm be? What magic do I have to stop it, or at least hold it at bay?

Various skill checks that may be useful here:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If none of this provides a useful clue, she will cast summon nature's ally IX to enlist the aid of an elder water elemental to protect the ship and guide it to safety.

Edit: If she determines that using a greater dispel magic might have an effect, she'll use that instead.

Karsh
2008-04-03, 01:04 PM
Karsh

Looking over his shoulder, Karsh mutters a quiet prayer for the spirits of the men who drowned, not pausing the great circles which his arms made with the improvised oar.

Muscles straining, the hero shouts in Egyptian: "Captain, tell me where to go!"

His eyes scan the horizon, struggling to take stock of everything within the obscuring rain, searching for a safe path to make landfall.

Untrained Profession: Sailor (1d20+8=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1549480/)

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-03, 01:33 PM
Fotios

Just helping the crew wasn't accomplishing anything, the storm was too powerful for any semblance of regular steering to be effective. The men simply weren't strong enough...
"Secure a pair of lines to the yardarm, one on either end! We need to get some control over where we're going before we hit those rocks! Do it NOW!"
Once the lines were secured, Fotios wrapped them around either arm, got his footing as secure as it was going to get in the storm, and started pulling on one of the ropes, muscles bulging as he tried to bring the sails under control so he could steer the ship with them.

[roll0]

H Savvy
2008-04-03, 01:45 PM
Instantly awake and full of adrenaline, Ishaq Mdjai is on his feet and out the door before most men would take their first step. Dashing up the stairs to the main deck, the Spirit is not holding back any longer, employing the full celerity of his extraordinary quickness.

As he makes his way on deck, the ship rolls and lists heavily, rocking in the wind and surf, though to see the Egpytian make his way up to and across the deck, you would never know it. Never slipping or overbalancing even once, it is as though he walks across even ground as he approaches the captain, moving faster across the unstable surface than most men can on steady ones.

Zipping up to the captain and surveying the damage on deck, he considers his next moves carefully.

expirement10K14
2008-04-03, 02:00 PM
Tathron

Tathron looks back to see the captain jumping into the water and yells out in frustration. He almost turns back, but stops himself, 'It's too late, he is gone' he thinks to himself.

As he flies towards the shore he remembers the enchanted staff and hastily puts away his sword as he pulls it out. He concentrates on the dock ahead and activates the wand.

Using a dimension door to teleport to the dock.

Kyace
2008-04-03, 02:05 PM
The captain is surprised by Tyndur Arfi's claim of being able to summon a whale but then frowns and remarks that a whale could only sink the ship. Now, if they had a legendary monstrous octopus...
Tyndur frowns on hearing that the demonic octopus would be required so tries a different approach, based on a spell he'd heard about in passing decades ago. He chants for a moment and the shadows around him grow darker. Drawing a gilded wooden rudder from his pocket, he collects the shadows into his hand and thrusts it into the deck. He hold his hand to the deck, repeating the chant.

I'm unsure what you'd decide about the expensive focus being required, so if you are not ignoring them for this game (and if Shadow Evocation even needs the focus/material for the spell it's mimicking), Tyndur casts Greater Shadow Conjuration mimicking Major Creation to make a wood and silver miniature rudder. The wood and silver rudder is a focus for Greater Shadow Evocation mimicking Submerge Ship. Each casting of Submerge ship has a 60% chance of giving the ship a 60' swim speed and making the interior stay filled with air, even under water with doors open. Each person on deck will have to make a DC 32 (or 36 if humanoid) Will saving throw, which if they fail they only have a 60% chance of being able to breathe water while near the ship per casting, even if on the deck.

Whew. Tyndur will know instantly when a Shadow Submerge Ship works, so can keep casting the spell until it works on the ship. (He has plenty of of spell slots) On the less than 0.07% chance that all eight of his 8th level spell slots fail to work, he will continue on with casting it with his 9th level ones.

Despite the name, Submerge Ship doesn't require the ship actually submerge, but gives the ability to control the ship under and on top of the water mentally and gives the required ability needed to sail underwater.

Once he gets the spell to work, he casts a spell to anchor his feet to the deck (spider climb). "EVERYONE! Get below decks, on the bridge or something! I've got the ship under control!" He tries to guide the ship through the worse of the storm. As controlling the ship is a free action, Tyndur will also shadow summon dolphins to rescue anyone who falls over should he be aware of any such person.

pup3k
2008-04-03, 05:35 PM
Realizing that the god of the sea will not aid him in this, Ponidus decides to take matters into his own hands. He yells to the captain to send all of the non-essential crew underdecks and to rig the sails to move them toward the dock.

A huge shark-like creature appears in the water beside the ship, and begins pushing it against the direction of the waves.

Using Psicrown of the Astral Legion to construct a level 9 Astral construct with the traits:

B: Improved Swim, Muscle, Muscle, Muscle

The construct is of huge size, has a strength score of 55 and a swim speed of 60 ft.

According to my charsheet a Huge creature with a strength of 55 can push/drag 1,024,000 pounds, I'll also make a strength check, in case you want one. ((Creatures of large size get a bonus per size above medium on strength checks right?)) regarless, I'll just make the straight check and add anything I need to later, assuming I even need one.

Creating a level nine astral construct drains 17 PP out of my Psicrown

[roll0]

Cray
2008-04-03, 08:08 PM
Rondres moved to the bow, looking at the storm for a few seconds.

Detect evil
(just to be shure)

Then, he looked back to the capitain and to the sea again. He suddenly had an idea. With great effort he thore the anchor from the ship and started to swing it around on its cable, to use the massive construct as grapple hook to pull the ship through the riffs.

Dustfinger
2008-04-05, 07:45 AM
Josiah

Josiah stands a few feet behind the doorway to the back of the ship realizing his powers are useless. He waits until the storm subsides, not being able to get touched by the water.

Why would i travel on boat? What have I gotten myself into. Hades, you won't win, not again.

If I use Stormrage, from Complete Divine, then went outside, would it stop me from getting wet?

The Glyphstone
2008-04-07, 01:54 PM
Horskarn

No stranger to magic and its workings, Horskarn recognizes the work of others in the area and their spells fighting to counteract the unnatural storm beating down on them. Unable to contribute himself, he settles for continuing to propel the longboat forward, peering through the rain and darkness for a safe path, steering now as much as he is propelling.

TheMeanDM
2008-04-07, 04:19 PM
Utilizing his great strength, Agis listens to the directions of the captain.

"Port!" the captain howled above the raging storm.

Agis nodded and applied his great strength to the main sail, altering the way the sail caught the wind.

"Starboard!" the captain cried out this time, and again Agis used brute force to maneuver the main sail into position.

The whipping winds did not make his task easy, by any stretch, but Agis was no mere man. He was descended from Hercules, son of Zeus.

The ship crested a tall wave, and slid down the backside.

With each shove in accordance with the captain's orders the trireme plowed its way closer and closer to shore.

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-04-08, 10:24 AM
Heidal's magic ups the pressure against whatever power is fueling the storm and as minutes pass and the weather-control spells reach completion one by one, the hold that power has over the weather begins to crumble.

Melioli's knowledge of magics does not tell her anything about any arcane or divine magical means to control the weather to such an extent. But, being a nymph in a country where one of the three major gods controls the seas and another controls the skies, she does know of quite a few divine powers that can cause such storms. And while the power of the gods can be much greater than most magics, not every immortal is a greater deity and several powerful magic-users combined could overcome a lesser spirit-as seems to be the case with the storm right now. The winds are already dying down and the rain is beginning to abate.

Following the directions of the captains, the champions of the fleet lead their ships towards the edge of the storm-and each of them sees he-or she-is not alone in doing so. Others-they barely remember a couple of names even as they recognise some of the fellow warriors the fleet picked up from many towns as they sailed towards New Atlantis. Some of them are leading their ships through tremedous strength, others seem to be guiding strange beasts called from the seas while others still seem to be controlling the very elements around them. A couple are flying or swimming towards the shore-and one is still standing on a rapidly sinking capsized ship while a nearby ship has been immobilised by a semitransparent bubble.

The remains of the batterred fleet-only about a dozen ships still survive-approach the port just as the storm abates. Built on wooden pillars and rocks barely protruding from the water's surface right before a steep but wide ascending road between two massive rocks and standing a couple of miles away from the city proper, the harbor is a temporary installation at best until a true port can be built from materials more permanent than wood in the years to come. Or rather, it would be a temporary installation if it weren't utterly ruined. The few wooden warehouses have man-sized holes in their walls-dozens of them-and the the docking bays have been smashed completely. There is nowhere for the ships to actually dock and unload supplies-though the crews could probably swim over to dry land on their own.

Duke of URL
2008-04-08, 11:04 AM
(( What kind of supplies are we talking about? Melioli can cast air walk on herself and then quite possibly wild shape into an animal capable of carrying people and equipment over to the shore... ))

Karsh
2008-04-08, 12:13 PM
Karsh

"Stay here, and thank the gods that we live to see land once more. I will investigate."

Karsh sets his mighty oar down and draws a dagger, focusing on it momentarily before, holding out a hand to balance himself, he steps nonchalantly off the side of the boat. He walks towards the shore with superhuman speed, his footfalls resting on thin air.

Entering Balance on the Air stance and moving 75' per round towards the ruined port. Actively spotting and listening for signs of life and/or danger.

Lochar
2008-04-08, 02:31 PM
Heidal

The storm finally abated enough to consider under control, Heidal resumes direction of the Standing Wave spell, directing it to place the ship gently onto the shore, several dozen yards onto land, and a a few hundred yards away from the encampment.

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-08, 03:20 PM
Fotios

It was quite exhilarating, manually steering a ship in such a storm, but it seemed the storm was ending. Still, until it weakened enough to be manageable by the sailors, the storm still needed navigating.

Once his help was no longer immediately needed on the ship, Fotios left, swimming for shore. Despite his enthusiasm while on the ship, he much preferred land to sea.

H Savvy
2008-04-08, 03:28 PM
The mainmast was destroyed, and the ship would surely go under. The Laughing Spirit took stock of his situation and realized that he could not save the ship and crew. So be it.

He calls out to the captain, "It has been nice sailing with you, captain. Good luck in the next life!"
With a deep laugh, the tall Egpytian makes a prodigious leap off the deck, sailing through the air, seeming as though he may never come down... and he doesn't. At the apex of his jump, he seems to fade and become insubstantial. Floating on the winds, he fades from the captain's view as he heads toward the shore. The only sign that he had ever been more than a figure of the captain's imagination was a deep, rolling laugh floating on the winds...

Since the winds are dying down, using Gaseous Form to head towards the shore.

Dustfinger
2008-04-08, 09:10 PM
Josiah

Josiah waits for the rain to stops then peers out towards the ruined dock.

Ha, once again Hades, I win this round.

Josiah mutters as he creates a Wyvern and hops on its back.

To the shore! A relatively dry spot if that is possible. Look, company.

He then looks at all of the great men making their way to the shore as he flies over.

Josiah casts Summon Undead IV to summon a Wyvern Zombie

pup3k
2008-04-08, 09:52 PM
Ponidus dismisses his Astral Construct, bids the captain farewell and good luck then teleports away from the ship, onto the shore.

Psionic D-Door, uses 7 PP.

Ramos
2008-04-09, 01:51 AM
Lamashtu

The patch of midnight dark takes to the air, passes through the bubble of force unhindered and moves like an arrow towards the shore, so fast that it seems to blink through the intervening distance without crossing it at all-which is, in fact, the case.
Landing soundlessly, the patch of midnight dark seems to be looking left and right at the devastation-you can tell by the small turns the upper portion of the darkness takes-but says nothing. That doesn't mean it does not communicate though.
A musical female mental voice reaches out to the other hero that jumped to the shore via magic.
An interesting welcome, don't you think? What do you believe caused such a devastation in this port and caused our storm?

Cray
2008-04-09, 03:25 AM
Finally. Good work Capitain.

Rondres throws the anchor in the see one last time, then, when it graps the ground, he maks shure it holds...

Then he bids the Capitain goodby and jumps in to one of the little landingboat of the ships, and rows to the remainings of the harbor.

Greetings.

He sais, when he arrives, and steps to the others.

Any idea what just happend?
While asking this questions he tryes to get an overview about the actual situation.

OK. WE NEED THAT LANDING STAGE REPAIRED. Well, or at least something like it, so the ships can unload chargo. Wee need some trees, probably bulders. And fast. Who knows, wether that storm will return or not. Anyone who can help, pls follwo me.

With this words Rondres heads towards the next bigger tree, in order to get material to fix the stage.

expirement10K14
2008-04-09, 05:41 AM
Tathron can finally see the others that seem to be more than the commoners that brought them here are finally making it to the dock.

"At least others could save their own ships.," he thinks to himself, "Maybe we have a chance to create the settlement yet."

He then hears the voice that comes from the patch of darkness.
"Woah, that wasn't expected," he says in is inhuman pitch, "I think someone doesn't want us to explore this land. Something wants us to die out here."

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-04-09, 07:41 AM
As the black clouds dissipate and the rain disperses, the visibility becomes better and the reason some captains were very anxious becomes quite clear. Except for the relatively small port, there is nowhere else for the ships to dock-the entire coast ends up in sheer cliffs of solid rock looming nearly two hundred feet over the reefs where the waves smash anything coming too close to the coastline. The port itself lies between two of the massive rocky cliffs, the only patch of land that comes down smoothly at sea level for as far as the eye can see.
It occures to you that this must be the reason the port is far from the city proper-as for the reason the port itself was built here rather than a more hospitable area, it is the same as for the city: it is a highly defencible area as long as the only safe approach to it can be fortified and held.

Some of the sailors-along with three captains-come to the shore in three longboats, the capable seamen jumping ashore from the boats, easily avoiding the jagged ends of the broken wooden planks. One of the captains that looks well over fifty but still dressed in linen and leather breeches and tunic as simply as the sailors around him frowns.
Tha port's been thrash'd. These planks 'ere 'll nev'r hold tha cargo's weight. A couple of tha small barrels with tha wine mayhap but no large ones with tha beer or tha crates with grains and smok'd meat let alone tha weapons-too heavy. And we cannae bring tha ships close to tha shore eith'r.

The supplies include smoked meat, grain and drinks as immediate relief supplies to any harried/besieged city. They also include raw cooper, saltpeter, whetstones, spices, oil and weapons, armor and other metal objects (horseshoes, nails, files, hammers, knives) that take too long to make or require rare supplies-both impossible to produce under a siege.
Everything was put in sealed and waxed barrels to safeguard against a long sea voyage. The smaller wine barrels and those containing everyday supplies could be unloaded at the damaged docks. The larger barrels-and those containing heavy metal items-would need several men to move and unload-something impossible to do in a damaged port where your footing is unstable. In any case, the ships cannot safely dock close enough for the sailors to unload the cargo anyway.

Lochar
2008-04-09, 07:57 AM
Heidal

Realizing there is nowhere to set the ship on land, Heidal allows the spell to stop and set the ship back into the water. He then makes his way to the dock with his companion, looking over the damage. Remembering his large size and weight, Heidal stays away from actually climbing onto the dock unless there is no other choice.

"Most unpleasant. Does anyone know the spells to make things whole, so we can repair these docks. I can easily enough collect the pieces if they are still here."

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-09, 08:06 AM
Menin
Menin offers, If I may help I can carry a barrel or two on my own. I am not sure if this would be useful for you, but I offer anyways. I also feel we should attempt to find where this dread rain is coming from before too long. After all it seems as if someone is against us coming to this land.

TheMeanDM
2008-04-09, 08:36 AM
Stepping out of one of the long-boats, a man in shining, silvery hoplite armor comments "If the dock can be repaired, a rope could be lashed to a ship and the great strength of Hercules would allow me to pull the ship safely in." He is a tall man, taller than most all the sailors. He removes his red-horse-hair crested helmet, holding it by his side. He is a human, with short-cut black hair and piercing green eyes. A closely-groomed black beard lines his square-set jaw, and a matching moustache covers the space between his nose and upper lip.

Duke of URL
2008-04-09, 08:52 AM
Melioli

The nymph directs the crew to use ropes and canvas to rig up a makeshift harness for a huge draft animal. She sends Aneis to scout the area around the port, with instructions to keep her own safety in mind. Once the harness is prepared, she casts a spell on herself and then steps off the ship into thin air, transforming into an elephant that somehow manages to stay aloft as the crew attaches the harness so she can move the supplies.

Casts air walk on herself (duration 250 minutes) and wild shapes into an elephant form. A heavy load for a quadruped with STR 30 is 9600 lbs. which still yields a land speed of 30' (reduced from 40' base). The air walk spell gives her roughly four hours to complete the unloading (since the wild shape will last for up to 15 hours). Once she finishes with the Gathenes, she will work to unload other ships if time remains.

All this is moot if there is some form of attack, or some such, that requires her attention.

Edit: For good measure, make that an extended air walk spell (duration 500 minutes). She's got the spell slots to burn and can get twice as much work done, barring interruptions.

Cray
2008-04-09, 10:24 AM
Rondres gets some big trees, and tries to start fixing the Port...

I could use some help here, Hercules

Karsh
2008-04-09, 10:50 AM
Karsh

Karsh arrives at the shore and surveys the damage, emitting a low whistle. Noting the congregation, he approaches. Surveying the others gathered, he nods silently. He sheathes his dagger. "I can aid you."

His footwork shifts and he drops to the ground. Landing lightly, Karsh approaches one of the logs and begins using Enki to slice it into planks for the others.

((Is there a language barrier?))

H Savvy
2008-04-09, 11:08 AM
Drifting around the port, Ishaq seems little more than another bit of sea mist swirling about in the aftermath of the storm. He watches as others begin to dismay at the wreckage of the docks, and their inability to unload their payloads of goods. Laughing, he circles around, watching, as a select few, clearly more than the average sailor, attempt to assist.

Unable to unload? Hahaha! This was no more difficult than any number of heists the Spirit had pulled. But he was fairly tired... and he had been having such a... yawn... pleasant nap when the storm interrupted him...

He drifts up to the top of the cliff, finds the nearest tree or large rock outcropping he can take shelter under, and resumes his material form. Stretching out languidly in the shade, he slips the dark-lensed goggles on his forehead over his eyes and drifts back to sleep... just for a moment... he would unload some supplies later... and maybe unload a little for himself later, too...

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-04-09, 02:31 PM
While you begin unloading whatever supplies you can while others begin fixing the dock-to what extent they're able anyway-you hear some far-off snorts and footstep sounds from the cliffs above that the mistformed human whose ship you saw sinking retreats to...

Make a listen check and a wisdom or intelligence check. If the crap hits the fan much sooner than expected don't blame me though-I didn't expect anyone to go sleep on the rocks above. :smalltongue:

Lochar
2008-04-09, 02:36 PM
Heidal

Listen:[roll0]
Wisdom: [roll1]

And I figured that'd be trouble, but eh.

Cray
2008-04-09, 02:39 PM
Listen :[roll0] +5
Int/Wis: [roll1] +5

Duke of URL
2008-04-09, 02:46 PM
Melioli

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ramos
2008-04-09, 03:12 PM
Lamashtu

[roll0]
[roll1]

TheMeanDM
2008-04-09, 03:18 PM
Agis

While speaking to the captain about how to lash a rope to the ship, Agis tilts his head in the direction of the cliffs, briefly.

[roll0]

[roll1]

"I'm sorry, what were you saying captain?" he says, his attention focused once more on the man before him.

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-09, 03:38 PM
Fotios

[roll0] [roll1]

TheMeanDM
2008-04-09, 03:43 PM
I made an OOC thread over here
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77376

Karsh
2008-04-09, 04:13 PM
Karsh

[roll0]
[roll1]

words to meet posting limit

H Savvy
2008-04-09, 05:25 PM
Sorry, guys. Can't help it, my character just really wanted to finish that nap...
Listen - [roll0]
Int - [roll1]

Ishaq was about to get settled, when he felt uneasy... and then he saw them... giants... incredible quantities of giants... it was a sight the likes of which even the worldly brigand had never seen.

Someone... something... wanted this siege to succeed. And in the meantime, they were endangering the life of Ishaq Mdjai, and that made him angry. Giants... even he couldn't fight them all off by himself. But that didn't mean he wouldn't try. He could at least occupy them until others were able to assist him.

He drew his two razor-sharp kukris, feeling the familiar weight of their hilts rest easily in his hands. Let them come.

The Glyphstone
2008-04-09, 05:28 PM
With the weather abating, Horskarn shrugs off his cloak, unsheathing a massive hooked polearm from his back. Holding it by the end, he prods the water to check the depth of the water, and the possibility or safety of rowing the longboat close enough to shore for him to disembark and help with the unloading.

Kyace
2008-04-09, 06:09 PM
Tyndur

Once he gets the ship into the calmer waters, he apologizes to the captain for taking over. He gives magical control of the ship to the helmsman.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dustfinger
2008-04-09, 06:30 PM
Josiah

Josiah stands there looking at the ruined dock.

Oh how I do hate menial labor.

Josiah glaces around at the ground.

Oh this should do just nicely. Servants of the Underworld! Please come aid these men! I grant you life once more!

Summon Undead III 3 times to summon 12 Human Skelatons. It ends in 20 rounds, so theyre going to help for that long...

Listen [roll0]
Intelligence [roll1]
Wisdom [roll2]

The Glyphstone
2008-04-09, 07:41 PM
(OOC: Wow, holy mass ninjaposting Batman - I didnt even notice the above...)
Listen;Int Check (1d20+1=4, 1d20+2=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1557709/)

Horskarn's attention is completely absorbed in probing the bottom of the shallow water...

Cray
2008-04-10, 12:25 AM
Rondres looks up from his work, when he hears Josiah calling the dead. His eyea movs towarsd the direction the necromancer is looking, then he drops the wood in his hands.

Well then.Thats why Athenesend me here. My friend, I need you.

call Paladin Mount.

Can I use a weapon two handed while riding my mount? I've got an e,patic link after all...

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-04-10, 01:52 AM
Read spoiler first.
Those of you with exceptional hearing can now hear the rapidly increasing sounds of men snoring as well as the shuffling of feet over bare rock. Many men-not just the one warrior that came along with the fleet.
That is quite strange though-but then it occurs to you that from this distance snoring and shuffling of feet should not be audible even for someone with extremely acute hearing, if they came from a human that is. Whatever things are making that sound must be considerably larger and bulkier than humans. Adding to that the fact that the port seems to have been thrashed by something that leaves large holes behind like a catapult and the fact that you're quite close to Midgard and this leads to only one conclusion: Giants...

If Listen check >30 then you clearly hear the "snoring" from many men. (that is actually giants breathing heavily)
If Intelligence/wisdom check >10 then you realise the "snoring" does not come from humans but something larger.
If Intelligence/wisdom check >15 then you realise that there are giants coming. Many giants...

Duke of URL
2008-04-10, 06:43 AM
Melioli

Why am I not surprised? She finishes hauling her current load to the docks (if she's currently loaded up) and resumes her normal form, casting a series of personal magics on herself to prepare for trouble.

Casting the following, in order, as long as time allows:

Owl's Insight (+12 WIS)
Tortoise Shell (+10 enhancement to Natural Armor, speed reduced to 20')
Stoneskin (DR 10/adamantine)
Death Ward
Eagle's Splendor (+4 CHA)
Bear's Endurance (+4 CON)
Cat's Grace (+4 DEX)

Once she finishes, she calls out to the others to come near her if they want any enhancements placed upon them.

Dustfinger
2008-04-10, 06:46 AM
Josiah

Giants... I'm not going to fight you Rondres, well not quite yet. There are giants around and we should take them down before fighting people in our own group. The safety of these sailors is far more important than fighting each other. Men, prepare yourselves for the worst.

Josiah turns towards where the giants are most likely going to come from and prepares a spell.

Okay well Josiah is preparing a spell i'm just not sure which one. I dont have my books on my so i don't really know what spells i can cast. I will edit this as soon as I have my books, which will probly be 6 EST

Karsh
2008-04-10, 08:04 AM
Karsh

Karsh stops mid-stroke in creating another plank as his ears perk and every muscle in his body tenses. Dropping the log, his second dagger is in his hand in a flash, and he stands, drawing about himself a cloak of shadow. Spinning the daggers expertly in his hands, he moves next to Melioli, speaking a command word which coats Enki in a thin layer of highly corrosive acid as he does.

"My dagger is capable of storing a spell within it. You, sailors, return to your ships, immediately."

Entering Child of Shadow stance, activating Energy Aura to Acid.

Cray
2008-04-10, 08:14 AM
Hu?

Rondres mounts the warhorse that appeared beside him.

I wasnt going to fight you. Athene has granted me powers far beyond human possibilities, but my senses are still those of a human. So,if someone in my presens prepears for battel, I will too.

Then he rides toward Melioli.
What enhancements can you offer, oh beautiful one?

Duke of URL
2008-04-10, 08:46 AM
Melioli

"I can offer all of you strength, speed, and protection from elemental energies. I have a more limited ability to provide those of you who have the best use for it the ability to enlarge your form, additional endurance or grace, protection from the effects of death magics, even the ability to walk on the air as I am."

Refer to Melioli's character sheet (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=9566) (notes section) for full list of available spells.

To Karsh, she says, "how powerful a spell can your weapon handle, and what would you like it to do?"

Lochar
2008-04-10, 08:58 AM
Heidal

Scowling at the sound, Heidal looks to the sky. "Must we have this many issues?"

Waving his hand slightly, energies bound out from Heidal, surrounding him and touching the closest others around him. "Know the beginnings of health." Heidal whispers, before looking up path through the cliffs.

Mass Lesser Vigor, which gives fast healing 1 to the 9 closest people to Heidal.

Then he holds a action to cast Earthquake.

pup3k
2008-04-10, 09:18 AM
stuff for earlier:

listen [roll0]
Wisdom [roll1]

Ponidus sees the others preparing for battle, but doesn't know why.

He turns to the first person to have started preparing for the battle.

Why do you make for war? I do not see or hear a thing. What is it? And should it make me sweat?

Karsh
2008-04-10, 09:39 AM
Karsh

"I do not pretend to be well versed in magics, Enki is a Spell-Storing weapon; what that means to you will define how powerful of a spell can be placed within it. As for what kind, something which will cause our enemies pain, but which requires contact."

And to Ponidus:

"Giants approach. Make ready for battle."

Duke of URL
2008-04-10, 09:58 AM
Melioli

The nymph considers for a moment. Better to blind them, or to attack their health? She eventually decides upon the latter.

When all who are going to get close enough, she starts casting magics on the group.

Casts infestation of maggots (CL 25, DC 28) into Karsh's dagger
Casts bull's strength, mass (+4 STR, up to 18 targets)
Casts haste, extended (36 rounds, up to 18 targets) once battle is imminent

Cray
2008-04-10, 10:08 AM
Well, then. I would prefer some strenght.

Then he focusses his thoughts...

Casts Death ward on himself

Kyace
2008-04-10, 10:55 AM
Seeing the gathering of forces and spellcasting, along with hearing the giants, Tyndur expends a charge on his staff to dimension door over to the group.

[roll0]

Ramos
2008-04-10, 11:23 AM
Lamashtu

The patch of midnight moves unnaturally quickly-and unnaturally silently-to where the group gathers. As it moves, a wave of demonic power follows and infuses all around it. A female voice somewhat deeper than the nymph's but just as musical comes out of the darkness.
Save your tricks for guarding forests and tending to crops, Life-kisser. The powers of the Netherworld are more suited to dealing death-or protecting from it.

Everyone in the group gets +4 resistance bonus to saves, +4 deflection bonus to AC, protection from good, SR 25 against good creatures and good creatures take 1d6 STR damage every time they attack them.

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-10, 12:14 PM
Fotios

"Giants? How many, and how far?"

Fotios readies his weapon and shield, taking a few practice swings to prepare himself for battle. His armor could almost be described as radiant with the amount of light it was managing to reflect, which was making it somewhat hard to pin down exactly where he was standing.

Using Adaptive Style to switch my readied maneuvers around, and entering Pearl of Black Doubt and Supreme Blade Parry stances.

Readied maneovers:Avalanche of Blades
Diamond Nightmare Blade
Time Stands Still

Strike of Perfect Clarity
Wall of Blades

Rabid Bear Strike
Sudden Leap
Technically his armor has been this shiny (20% miss chance from concealment) from the beginning, but unless Belial objects, I'm going to pretend the Gleaming enhancement can be turned on/off with a command thought.

Duke of URL
2008-04-10, 12:20 PM
Melioli

The nymph says nothing but glares at the demonic darkness, while allowing it to use its cruder spell in place of her own. She then turns her attention to looking for the return of her familiar companion, to get the scouting information. "Aneis, what have you found?"

Karsh
2008-04-10, 12:31 PM
Karsh

"Many. And near."

Are these sounds coming from the cliffs, or from some other direction?

H Savvy
2008-04-10, 01:23 PM
Standing at the edge of the cliff, Ishaq Mdjai has a dilemma. He could shout to those gathered amongst the docks, which could bring aid, but the assistance could be slow in coming, and his shout would alert the giants to his presence and his awareness of theirs.

..No. He would prepare a more ...subtle treatment, and hope the sounds of battle alerted the others to his plight.

His form grows suddenly blurred for a moment before he fades completely from view.
Activating Blurring armor and using Invisibility (Sp) before heading cautiously towards the giants.
MS (full speed) - [roll0]

expirement10K14
2008-04-10, 01:35 PM
Tathron
"Well I don't hear anything, but if you guys think we have enemies approaching then I will ready myself," says Tathron in is deep tone. He draws his sword, "if it is a fight they want, then a fight they will get."

TheMeanDM
2008-04-10, 03:38 PM
"Do you hear that, Captain?" Agis asks the captain of the ship he travelled on.

"From over there." the muscular Greek man says, pointing off into the horizon.

The captain tilts his head in the direction, then shakes his head "I don't hear anything, lad." he shrugs.

When some of the others gathered in the area speak of giants, Agis' suspicions are confirmed.

"You and your men get back in the longboat, head to the ship. Make ready to sail far enough out to sea that the giants cannot sink your ship. The supplies are vital to the survival of New Atlantis." he claps the captain on his shoulder. "The Aegis of Zeus protect you."

Removing his shield from his back, the tall aegis magically begins floating in the air next to him. Striding over to the others assembled, he hefts his mighty club, nearly as tall as he is, onto his shoulder.

"I am Locrian Agis, hero of Greece and descendent of Zeus through my ancestor Hercules. Zeus has blessed me with a measure of my ancestor's great strength, and favored me with his mighty club."

He hears of the powerful magics some of the assembled desire to cast.

"Your powers are mighty, and combined with my great strength, we shall defeat these giants and bring safety to New Atlantis and glory to our names. Whatever aid you can provide, I will accept."

ooc:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=47527

Question #1: Does anyone have Barkskin or Spiderskin prepared? If so, I'd like one please.

I will accept/request from Melioli:
Bull's Strength (Mass)
Bear's Endurance (Mass)
Cat's Grace
Stoneskin
Haste
Enlarge Person

I will accept/request from Heidal:
Lesser Vigor (fast healing 1)

What spell did Elspeth cast, btw? I'll accept it either way, just wanting to know.

The above buffs give Agis:

AC: 40 (or 45 with Barkskin/Spideskin, hopefully!)
Touch: 17
Flat-footed: 36 (or 41)
HP: 448
DR: 10/adamantine (absorbing first 150 damage)
Resistance 10: Fire, Electricity, Cold, Acid

Atk: +46/+41/+36/+31/+46 (first round)
Atk: +48/+43/+38/+33/+48 (second round)
Dmg: 3d8+36 (first round)
Dmg: 3d8+36+2d6 (second & subsequent rounds)

Speed: 50'
Reach: 10'
Size: Large (13'6" tall, 2,120 pounds)

Saves:
Fort: +42
Reflex: +31
Will: +22

Using adaptive style, as noted in the OOC thread.
Also using Swift action to change stance to Giants Stance, making him strike as a Huge creature.

Kyace
2008-04-10, 04:26 PM
Tyndur

Tyndur keeps his expression guarded but casts three spells in succession: one on himself and two spells on the gathered heroes.

He casts Foresight on himself, Haste on everyone and Telepahtic Bond on himself and 8 others (should there be more than 8 heroes close by, he'll discretely select the more obviously good ones (such as the "life-kisser" Melioli and Rondres) over the more obviously evilish ones (such as Elspeth Lamashtu and Josiah). Tyndur has a roughly +40 bluff mod but I wouldn't be surprised if someone here could spot the alignment prejudice. :P

Ramos
2008-04-10, 04:36 PM
Lamashtu

The patch of midnight darkness takes a look at the assembled champions then seems to nod at Agis.
You may call me Lamashtu. I'm a spirit from a land far to the East where the twin great rivers flow. I'm a servant to the goddess Ereshkigala, the great lady beneath the earth, guardian of the Seven Gates. I have some power over the forces of Death and Destruction.
Looking at the fighters in the group and hearing Agis' suggestion she nods.
I can call forth the Fires of the Netherworld to employ against my enemies. If bestowed upon a weapon, each blow will echo with the screams of lost souls and a portion of your enemy's life will be cast to the void. I can bestow such power several times but I prefer not to expend too much power that will be needed later-I will enchant four weapons of your choice, preferably those belonging to the best meele fighters here.

Sorry, my mistake-the name is Lamashtu. (got confused with another character)
Lamastu employed her Unholy Aura to grant those benefits to the group.
She can now cast Weapon of Energy (twin, felldrain) on four weapons. This will make them do an extra 2d6 sonic damage and 2 negative levels per hit.

pup3k
2008-04-10, 05:12 PM
Well if these kin of mine wish to face me they will find that I am a tough one to kill. Ponidus concentrates and suddenly an unplaceable but familiar smell arises in everyone's main olfactory organ. Also a shimmering material coats the area directly around the Half-Giant. He suddenly seems to be in an even healthier condition than he may have appeared earlier. He then again concentrates, and a shimmering field of energy surrounds him, then fades away.

Cast An overchannelled Vigor, ML 26 at 25 PP for 120 Temporary HP for 26 minutes, and an overchannelled Inertial Armor at ML 26 for 25 PP for +16 Armor to AC that lasts for 26 hours.

Which makes my current stats:
HP: 276+120 Temp
AC: 55
Attack routine: +27/+27/+27/+27/+27/+22/+17 @ 4d8+23 damage each (will become 8d8+27 once I expand.)
Fort: +26
Ref: +21
Will: +28

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-10, 05:16 PM
Fotios

"While I will not claim to know the capabilities of everyone present, I would offer my sword to be enchanted. I am Fotios, hero of Greece, and while I lack the divine ancestry that some of us possess, Ares has seen fit to grant me a portion of his mighty strength."

Karsh
2008-04-10, 07:12 PM
Karsh

"Perhaps I do not strike as truly as those who focus only on perfecting the single strike, but I can unleash a flurry of steel the likes of which these giants may have never seen before."

pup3k
2008-04-10, 07:43 PM
Ponidus turns to Karsh. Truly, I also may not strike as true as others, but I prefer both precision and an overwhelming pile of blows myself. He pauses.
Seeing as everyone else has taken to introducing themselves, I am Ponidus, son of the fool Polyphemus, son of Poseidon.

Kyace
2008-04-10, 08:36 PM
"Greetings. I am Tyndur, champion for good and resister of prophecy."

Duke of URL
2008-04-10, 08:52 PM
Melioli

The nymph tries as best she can to meet all spell requests. "I am Melioli, daughter and defender of the woods. I have come to fight against the unnatural incursions into this world."

Let me know how many spells I actually get off before the approaching army arrives. Also... any word on where my eagle Aneis is? I'd like to channel a whirlwind through her to soften up the approaching giants.

Dustfinger
2008-04-10, 09:15 PM
Josiah

I am Josiah Mechewitz, Bane of Death and the Thorn in the Side of Hades. And this is Hyde, former servant of the "Lord of the Underworld". Well men lets stop this stalling and get up there. I have a plan to weaken them before we start an actual fight. Well come one then, lets go!

Josiah explains his plan to any brave enough to listen.

Well i'm going to distract them with false images then while their backs are turned hit them with a spell to make them fight each other full force before we run in to fight. Then if any of them notice us all of us spellcasters can blast them way until they fall. Fighters, try to run around the side to flank them. This should work. And if it doesn't plenty of us can grant you second, or even third or fourth life.

Josiah waits for a few people to join him. He then sprints up towards where he thinks the giants are.

I am going to try to run up towards the giants with my new improved hasted self. But before i get there I am going to cast Major Image 2 times. All on the opposite side of the giants, the images will be 1 Very Large Menacing Warrior and the last will be a Large Tiger. They will talk to the giants trying to distract them by threatening them loudly. Then once they're all distracted I am going to drop a Song of Discord on the center of the group. This is all depending on whether or not this plan is even possible. Also, until further noted, Hyde, my familiar, is going to going to be ready to use a Finger of Death since he can Deliver Touch Spells. He's going to sit back and watch the fight, and if anything might happen to me, he'll have a prepared action to come use the formerly mentioned spell.

Karsh
2008-04-10, 09:38 PM
Karsh

Karsh speaks quickly and softly. "I am Karsh. I, too, come from the land of two rivers. Let that be sufficient for now.

I do not dispute that inciting their ranks to fight one another would be effective, but I resent that you believe that those of us trained in the art of war would be best relegated to a mere flanking role where we may die... three times while you cast spells from safety?

Save your strength. Equal participation will increase our endurance. We know not what it is that we will face in the future; it is best if we are prepared for it."

Kyace
2008-04-10, 10:21 PM
Tyndur

Following any of the group that is charging ahead, the lanky man frowns. "I hope this question is unnecessary," Tyndur says, also broadcasting it out via telepathic bond so that all the heroes can hear, "but can I trust everyone to not kill incapacitated or surrendered foes?"

Ramos
2008-04-11, 01:59 AM
Lamashtu

The patch of darkness takes to the air, expanding as if it wants to hide the sun and plunge the world in a lightless eternity-but stops when it reaches a width of ten dozen feet. An unearthly laughter can be heard from within as a reply to Tyndur's question.
Don't be naive. We cannot take the giants for prisoners-for then we'd have to feed them. And for every giant prisoner we fed, a dozen humans would die of starvation. We can't let them flee either-they'll return and attack again. As you see then, Death is inevitable. Trying to be merciful you're only deluding yourself.

Deeper Darkness. PPL that can't see in it should not get close to Lamashtu.

The Glyphstone
2008-04-11, 05:39 AM
Hearing the chatter of those around him, Horskarn forgets about poling the longboat in to shore. With a mighty jump, he leaps from the ship onto the coastline, his odd hooked polearm in hand.

"Giants, you say? It will be refreshing to extract some vengeance on their kind, something I have waited long to do. I am called Horskarn Hyrmskarr. Magical tricks I have none - but anyone, spellcaster or otherwise, who approaches within the reach of my hook will wish their gods had taken them home early. I mean to place myself directly in the midst of our foes, as to cause the maximum disruption of their attack - any spells that you magicians could grant to aid me in reaching that cliff without climbing, or more easily dodge the boulders they will surely be hurling, would be welcome...no giant who dares strike me in close quarters will make the same mistake twice."

I'll definitely take one of those Weapon of Energy spells on my weapon, since I'll be making a zillion attacks per round once I get in the middle of them.

From Melioli, I'd like:
-Air Walk
-Freedom of Movement
-Improved Blink
-True Seeing

I hate that Enlarge Person only targets Humanoids...what I wouldn't give for another size category right now...

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-11, 11:08 PM
Friends stay away especially after enemies are gone, I tend to loose control as I join into battle. My name is Menin, I come from deep in the deserts. If people would like I can allow any allies close to join me in the ecstasy of battle.
Menin draws one of the large battle axes on his belt.

stupid me for not checking yesterday, whatever buffs are good, my attack bonus is 45 so buffs to hit are nice, as are damage, but I have over 1k HP. I frenzy so stay away but i have inspire frenzy which has a 10 ft radius. If I use this please someone have calm emotions to cast lots of times. I'm not going to bother with a listen or int check. and the axe I drew is my dancing one.

Cray
2008-04-12, 12:06 AM
Well, I'm Ronders, But for nwo we shuld take position for battle. Where are the giants supposed to show up?

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-12, 12:16 AM
Fotios

"I doubt they're coming from the sea, so I'm guessing the cliffs."

Kyace
2008-04-12, 01:22 AM
Tyndur

Tyndur frowns at the answer. "Let me worry about taking care of the giants post battle, just don't kill the helpless or surrendering ones."

Anyone with True Seeing:
Tyndur's skin looks unhealthily pale and a few minor details appear different, suggesting minor transformation or illusion.

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-04-12, 02:36 AM
As you ascend the only path out of the wrecked port, giants appear at the edges of the steep rocky cliffs. None of them shorter than twenty feet tall and with an iron grey skin, they must be Jotun-midgard stone giants. While they'd be too far away to hear you talking or even casting spells, the giant sphere of darkness must have tipped them off that something weird was going on and they came to see. They're more than a bit surprised to see you all charging up the steep path.

OK, roll initiative and post actions everyone. In the spoiler part of your posts also include active buffs (including abilities such as frenzy), AC and current HP.
NOTE: the giants are more than 100 but less than 200. Now, if you want to stop for a couple of rounds to count them... :smalltongue:

Cray
2008-04-12, 05:20 AM
Well, I dislike to say that, but this doesnt look like melee to me. I sugest to have some croud spells on them by the casters, and those skilled in close combat prevent them for charging the spell casters. Anny other sugestions?

Ini: [roolv]1d20+7[/rollv]

Rondres rides tovards the giants with the croud of the heroes, and he draws his bastardsword. He wont charge until the giants are close enough, when he will launch a ride by attack on one on the outer side, to prevent attacks of opportunity from the others.

HP:308
AC:37 (Touch 12, Flat 31, +4 deflection)
Dam Reduction 3/-
Imune to Critical
30 Pts of Acid and Fire Dam Absorbed per Round
Deathward (on mount too)
Fast Healing 1
Hast
Strength: 36 (+13)
Forth: 39
Refl: 34
Will: 30
Speed (mount) 90ft

AT: 35/(35)/30/25/20/15

Cray
2008-04-12, 05:22 AM
rerolling Ini:
[roll0]

Dustfinger
2008-04-12, 07:33 AM
Josiah

Oh, this is a few more than expected. None the less, too late to run now.

Initiative [roll0]

+4 To All Saves
+5 CC (49)
Haste
True Seeing
+1 Reflex Saves
Fear Aura
Aura of Despair

Okay, change of plans since they saw it coming. Not going to major image or song of discord. Instead I'm going to drop an Cloudkill that they must run through to get to us, and so it expands towards them 10 ft every round.

expirement10K14
2008-04-12, 09:43 AM
Tathron

[roll0]
"May hells gates greet you," thunders Tathron in his deep voice.
Tathron flies up 30 feet, and readies an action to fire a eldritch blast at any giant that moves towards the group.

Using a Maximized Vitrolic Brimstone Eldritch Chain Hellfire blast for 17d6 (maximized) damage that bypasses spell resistance, and anyone hit must make two DC 14 saving throws to avoid taking acid damage (2d6/round for 4 rounds) and lighting on fire (2d6/round for 4 rounds). The blast deals 102 damage, and jumps to up to 4 targets.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

As told by my signature, I will not be posting for the next week, sorry for the inconvenience.

pup3k
2008-04-12, 11:11 AM
Well, this should be fun...

Init: [roll0]

As soon as he gets a chance Ponidus switches his Psicrowns and manifests Temporal Acceleration from his Psicrown of the Temporal Juggler, using 19 PP for 3 rounds of buff time.

Temporal Acceleration Actions:
Round 1:
Manifest a 9 PP Expansion, 1 for actual power, 6 for the extra size, 2 to make the duration 10 minutes per level, so duration = 230 minutes.

Round 2:
Manifest an extended Form of Doom, 13 PP duration= 46 rounds.

Round 3:
Switch Psicrown worn and Manifest a 17 PP Astral Construct, size= Huge, special abilities chosen=
A: -
B: Improved Flight, Fast Healing (2)
C: Energy Bolt, fire (8d8, and I need to know how to figure out the save DC, but whatever it is it's at +1 from the base.)
Duration= 23 rounds

PP used by me: 22
PP remaining, 190

Stats:

AC: 56
DR: 5/-
SR: 25
10% Miss Chance

Attack routine: +29/+29/+29/+29/+29/+24/+19//+24/+24/+24/+24
Damage:
8d8+31/2d8+18

Fort: +26
Ref: +19
Will: +28

Speed: 40

Astral Construct Important Stats:
HP: 144
AC: 33
Fast Healing 2

Fort: +6
Ref: +6
Will: +6

Attack: Fire Bolt, 120 ft. line, 8d8+8 fire damage

Speed: 50 ft land, 40 ft fly

Active Buffs:
Expansion: 230 minutes
Form of Doom: 46 Rounds
Vigor: 23 minutes
Inertial Armor: 26 Hours
Haste, duration unknown
Unholy Aura, duration unkown
Mass Bull's Strength, duration unknown

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-12, 12:34 PM
Fotios

"There's just an acre of these folk, isn't there?"
Fotios's voice carries a noticeable touch of glee as he works his way up the slope, jumping to bypass a particularly rough-looking section.

Actions:Land speed is 60' with Haste, double move towards the giants, then use my swift action to Sudden Leap, jumping a further [roll0] feet (assuming they're far enough away I can't reach them with just a double move). If any supernatural obstacles (like a Cloudkill, for example) end up in my path, I'll go around them, not through them.

Useful stuff:[roll1]
HP: 345/345
AC(touch)[flatfooted]: 35(21)[29] Includes AC from Haste/Unholy Aura

DR 5/- (Supreme Blade Parry [Indefinite duration])
Concealment (20% miss chance) (Gleaming armor [Indefinite duration])
Immunity to critical hits/sneak attacks (Heavy Fortification armor [Indefinite duration])
Stacking +2 Dodge bonus to AC for every missed attack against me (resets to +0 on my turn, every turn) (Pearl of Black Doubt [Indefinite duration])
+4 Deflection to AC, +4 Resistance to saves, SR 25 versus Good creatures, possession/mental influence blocked, Good creatures take strength damage if they hit me in melee (Unholy Aura [unknown duration, Round/level])
Extra attack on full attack, +1 to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC/Reflex, +30' base speed (Haste [unknown duration, Round/level])
+4 Strength (Mass Bull's Strength [unknown duration, Minute/level])
Adjacent allies get +2 Morale to Will saves (Ironheart Aura [Indefinite duration])

Readied maneuvers:

Avalanche of Blades
Diamond Nightmare Blade
Time Stands Still
Wall of Blades
Rabid Bear Strike
Sudden Leap

pup3k
2008-04-12, 01:02 PM
Just an acre? I like the sound of that, but I think two or three would be even more fun.

Seeing his ally jumping through the air, Ponidus follows suit, seeing as it may help. [roll0]

He also instructs his Astral Construct to fly up to an area that it can hit the giants with it's Fire Bolt, and to let loose, but to remain mobile.

So when it gets within range, the Astral construct uses Energy Blast (Fire) trying to hit as many opponents as possible in the 120 ft. line. Until then it will double move to get to said position.

[roll1] Reflex save vs. DC ? for half damage.

The Glyphstone
2008-04-12, 01:09 PM
Initiative (1d20+6=16) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1561505/)

Horskarn

Horksarn twirls his odd hook-blade, settling it into a guarding stance.
"Skjoldir, attend me!"
His words cause the broad, bronzed metal shield hovering behind him to spring into life, gliding into position to protect its master. Icy blue runes on its surface glitter and glow with contained magic. He advances confidently on the giant armada, positioning himself in between the group and the giants as one of his fellows suggested - as long as Horskarn stood, no giant alive would be capable of getting down that path past him.

Actions:

Double move up the pathway, 140ft. total. Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit are active.

Important Stats (assuming I recieved the buffs requested in OOC):

Initiative: 16
HP: 730/730
AC/Touch/FF: 43/19/38 (-21 if Power Attacking) (-4 additional penalty with Karmic Strike active) (Robiliar's Gambit allows enemies an additional +4 bonus to attack and damage against me)

Current Attack Routine:
+41/+41/+36/+31/+26, dealing 2d6+27 damage plus 2d6 sonic damage and 2 negative levels per hit.

Active Buffs:
-Unholy Aura
-Mass Bull's Strength
-Haste
-Air Walk
-Freedom of Movement
-Improved Blink
-True Seeing
-Felldrained Weapon of Energy

Other Effects:
+1 to hit and damage against creatures with Supernatural abilities
Ignore miss chances granted by magical effects (may overlap with True Seeing).

Attacks of Opportunity:
I have a 30ft. reach, recieve unlimited AoO per round, and each provoking action gives me three such attacks - the first at my full attack bonus, the second at a -5, and the third at a -10, with full damage applied to each attack. All of the normal actions that provoke AoO apply to me, along with the following special cases:
-Casting any sort of spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability, regardless of if it would normall provoke AoO or not.
-Charging into a square I threaten.
-Dismiss or redirect an active spell.
-Turn or rebuke undead.
-Attempt to grapple me, even if with Improved Grab or Improved Grapple.
-Attack me in melee
-Hit me in melee
Any movement-related action that provokes an AoO (leaving or entering a threatened square, for instance) will have the first AoO be a Stand Still attempt, forcing a Reflex save with DC=Damage dealt against being unable to move further that turn, but causing no actual HP damage.)

(OOC: Edited actions after seeing distances in OOC thread.)

H Savvy
2008-04-12, 01:55 PM
Now that was impeccable timing. A host of strong warriors at their fore, the perfect distraction for the single hidden foe at their back. He stifles a deep laugh, wishing to remain hidden in his invisible state.

Initiative: [roll0]

The Spirit strafes past the closest giant he can reach, one of the stragglers at the rear end of the procession. He quickly moves past, twin blades slicing rapidly, an attack that seems to take no time before he moves away from the giant.

(Double) Spring attack (bounding attack). 40' forward?, 40' back.

To hit: Desert's Hunger 1[roll1]
To hit: Desert's Hunger 2[roll2]
Dmg: DH1: [roll3] + Improved Skirmish [roll4] + [roll5] Dessication damage + [roll6] Acid Damage + [roll7] Vampiric (which I gain as HP)
Dmg: DH2: [roll8] + [roll9] + [roll10] + [roll11] + [roll12]

To hit: Dark Heart of Keku 1: [roll13]
To hit: Dark Heart of Keku 2: [roll14]
Dmg: DHK1: [roll15] + Imp Skirm [roll16]
Dmg: DHK2: [roll17] + [roll18]

Stats:

HP 293/293, DR 5/-, Speed 80'
AC 35 (40 if after Initiative (from Imp.Skirmish), Touch 26 (+5 Skirm), Flat-footed 19 (doesn't happen: Uncanny dodge), Fort +30, Ref +30, Will +20
Currently: Blurred, Invisible (Until after turn, obviously)

Karsh
2008-04-12, 02:09 PM
Karsh

Gazing at the host of giants, Karsh lets out a laugh. "Lord of the Earth, guide my blades. Much blood will be shed today!"

He charges up the slope with blinding speed, tendrils of shadow twisting and roiling out behind him as he goes. After a brief while running, he takes the end of one of his trailing shadows and wraps it around himself, appearing instantly 50 feet further along, both daggers drawn and ready for killing.

[roll0]
HP: 330
AC: 51 base (58 currently, +4 Deflection - Unholy Aura, +2 Dodge - Expeditious Dodge, +1 Dodge - Haste)

Double moving 180' and initiating Shadow Blink as a swift action for a total move of 230 feet. Designating the nearest giant as his target for Elusive Target.

Active buffs: 20% Miss Chance - Child of Shadow if move more than 10 feet
Haste
Bull's Strength
Telepathic Bond
Unholy Aura
(Anything else?)

Kyace
2008-04-12, 05:22 PM
Tyndur

[roll0]

First round, he will cast Greater Invisibility and sets permanent repulsion to 20' radius (free action) and moves away from groups.

Stats:
HP: 256
AC: 35, Touch: 23, Flatfooted: 27 but Impossible

Running Boosts:
Haste,
Telepathic Bond,
Foresight

Constant Boosts:
Protection From Evil (from armor)
20' radius permanent repulsion (Will Save, DC 30 [+4 against humanoids]
20' radius calm emotions, Will Save, DC 29 [+4 against humanoids].
Any manufactured weapon needs a DC 29 [+4 against humanoid welders] Fort save when striking him or shatter harmlessly.

Lochar
2008-04-12, 07:45 PM
Heidal

"Interesting." is all the giant has to say, before moving forward away from the others and casting.

His bear stays with him, inside the shell that forces all others out.

HP: 612. AC 31, Touch 11, Flat 29.
Permanent Emanation: Anti-life shell

Init: [roll0]

Polar bear stays within the 10'.

Casting Earthquake on an area of giants that does not currently have one of the others in the radius. Range on spell is 1240 ft, area is 80' radius.

Ramos
2008-04-13, 06:48 AM
Lamashtu

Out of the darkness comes the laughter of the spirit of the Netherworld, loud and clear.
This? This is all that comes against us? Giants with sticks and stones?

Suddenly the darkness vanishes and reappears in the midst of a group of giants opposite the one the earthquake struck and covers them completely.

HP 224, AC 49, [roll0]
Teleport-will be using implosions on the giants the following rounds

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-14, 03:07 AM
The blood of these foe will flow! We will defend our ships.

Menin is going to run for 200ft movement, He is going to stay a minimum of 100 ft back from the main forces then charge in, make an attack, let his dancing axe go and grab his second one, enter his furry and rage. He is power attacking for -4 to attack and +16 to dammage
Init [roll0]
Buffs
Haste (doesn't stack with frenzy for attacks)
Bull's Strength (stacks with rage and frenzy for a total of +18 to STR
Unholy Aura
After first Attack
Frenzy, Rage
(unless you don't consider letting a dancing weapon go activating an item, then he enters rage now)

HP 788/963 (before frenzy and after)
AC 37/33

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-04-14, 07:21 AM
Tathron, realising the giants aren't coming near the group since they can throw stones at them and that the group is charging at the giants anyway, fires at the first giants to come within range. The blast strikes the first giant, drills a hole through the behemoth's shoulder then arcs over the five closest giants, melting away patches of skin and muscle. Despite the force of the blast, neither the first giant nor any of the others fall over dead-or even critically wounded.
Chain hits one target-plus one target per five levels. That makes it six targets total, not four. On the other hand, secondary targets take half damage. BTW, the save DC is off by a few points-it should be significantly higher.

Rondres sees that the giants are too far away for a single charge to reach them-or even a quick march. Thus, he runs up the slope as fast as he can and upon reaching the same level as the giants he turns around and sets himself in a good position for a charge at any part of the giant's formation within a radius of two hundred feet.
A simple move action doesn't cover the remaining 300 ft to the giants. Thus, run action. Now rondres is pretty much at the end of the ascending path and right behind the two lines of giants (one on his left, one on his right) and within charging distance.

Ponidus seems to move in the blink of an eye, at one moment being along with the rest of the group, the very next having moved more than two hundred feet and caught up along with Rondres. He seems somewhat tired from the sudden movement though-and his ponderous astral construct-even flying and with its speed magically increased-cannot catch up with him or even ascend enough to have a clear line of sight to the giants.
You can move into position under the temporal acceleration-but don't forget the penatlies after the temporal acceleration. The astral construct is too slow to even ascend over the cliffs and get a shot at the giants with a double move-it still needs a standard move to cover the 20 more feet of ascencion (after the double move this turn) and so it has to make the attack the next round.

Spirit moves like a blur and with four well-placed blows, one giant weakened by Tathron's blast staggers, one leg almost severed, and in a rain of blood topples over the ravine and falls down on the group's path almost crashing Spirit's newfound companions.
138+102 damage = dead giant

Karsh catches up with the group's fastest members through a minor teleportation while Heidal casts a powerful earthquake upon the largest concentration of giants. The cliffs below the giants' feet begin to crack and crumble, the ancient rock of the weather-beaten cliffs collapsing under the magic. Fully half the left side of the cliffs collapses along with the giants, thousands of tons of rock and soil making one big landslide for a few moments. Landing on the steep upward slope before half the group, stones and fully forty giants continue their movement downwards, taking those members of the group still on the ground along with them for a quick ride of some two hundred feet at which point they crash on the half-ruined dock, completely tearing off even the wooden support columns upon which the dock is built and disappear into the sea. Luckily, seeing the approaching battle, the sailors along with their ships have retreated far enough from the port to avoid the destruction.
Whoops! See OOC post.

Preparing to move up the slope and activating his defences, Tyndur is very surpised at the thousands of tons of rock that come down the slope along with forty giants and carry him along-though "carry" would not be the word he'd use for the thousands of rocks-some of them as large as houses-that crash into him and drag him all the way to the sea...

Horskarn sees the landslide coming-but it is too late to stop it and given his position in an upward slope with cliffs towering a hundred feet from both sides, he doesn't have anywhere to dodge either. He's carried along with the rocks and much of his new friends...

Lamashtu, already flying, misses the landslide by more than twenty feet but is unsure wether her original plan would work now anyway. She waits to see wether there's something more effective to do-perhaps help her new allies...

Along with the rest of the group Menin is swept by the landslide, quickly ending up in the sea along with several thiousand tons of rocks, eighty tons of giant and several of his allies...

Fotios sees the landslide coming-but there is nowhere to dodge to and no mortal could hope to stop several thousand tons of rocks by himself without the use of magic. He's swept along with the rest of the group. Josiah too is taken along for the ride, bumping left and right in the mass of rocks, giants and heroes...

The remaining giants, seeing nearly half of their brethren swept along by the power of the Earth stare in awe, stunned by the deafening sound, the vibrations of thousands of tons of rock falling on rock from a hundred feet up, the utter annihilation of the harbor and the barely audible cries of giants as they fall a hundred feet, are crashed by tons of rock, are swept away by the landslide, are impaled by the breaking wooden planks of the harbor and are then dragged more than fifty feet into the sea...

Duke of URL
2008-04-14, 07:27 AM
Melioli

[roll0]
HP: 264
AC: 49 (touch 32, flat 44)
Active Buffs:
* True Seeing (depending on amount of time elapsed from storm)
* Freedom of Movement (depending on amount of time elapsed from storm)
* Air Walk
* Owl's Insight (+12 WIS)
* Tortoise Shell (+10 enhancement to Natural Armor, speed reduced to 20')
* Stoneskin (DR 10/adamantine)
* Death Ward
* Eagle's Splendor (+4 CHA)
* Bear's Endurance (+4 CON)
* Cat's Grace (+4 DEX)
* Bull's Strength (+4 STR) -- only group buff I got off
* Haste (from Tyndur, speed increased to 40')
* +4 resistance to all saves (from Lamashtu)
* SR 25 vs. good (from Lamashtu, doubtful it'll be useful)

Action: Hesitant to use most of my better AoE spells for fear of harming allies... instead use a long-range (up to 1120') empowered vitriolic sphere (no SR) to target an otherwise unaffected group of giants in a 10' burst (15d4 x 150%, Reflex 1/2 DC 30; those failing the save take 6d4 next round (reflex 1/2), and those failing again take 3d4 (reflex 1/2) on the third round).

The nymph reserves some of her most powerful magics for later, and instead focuses on harming a more targeted group of giants.

Cray
2008-04-14, 11:55 AM
When the Giant on the right side is close enough, Rondres charges him, wielding his Bastardsword in two hands, leading his horse with mental comands.

If Rondres is abel to use smite evil while charging, he'll do so.

At: [roll0] +7 from smite evil
Dam: [roll1] +100 from smite evil

Cray
2008-04-14, 12:06 PM
Damage from smite is not affected by critical hit, is it?

Critical thread:[roll0] +7 from smite
Dam: [roll1] (+100, if smite counts in)

I forgott: Wounding waepon: Target looses 1 con dam per hit. (not affected by critical)

Question. Improved crittical feat does increase my thread range from 19-20 to 17-20, right?

Cray
2008-04-14, 12:07 PM
[OOC]****, if the Critical hit, it deals 8 Dam more. Sorry...

Karsh
2008-04-14, 01:15 PM
Karsh

Karsh turns momentarily, pointing with a dagger at the carnage. "That is exactly what I was talking about."

Then, turning back to the giants, he lets out a roar and charges, nearly on all fours. The shadows whirling about him coalesce into two massive wings which beat symbolically as he hurls himself through the air for the last bit of distance of his charge, landing nimbly and safely in the midst of the giants, his daggers flashing in a windmill of fury.

Initiative: 21, HP: 330,
AC: 65 (51 base + 1 (Haste) + 2 (Expeditious Dodge) - 2 (Charge) + 4 (Unholy Aura) + 9 (Epic Tumble + Fighting Defensively + Elaborate Parry) +4 dodge to AC against any attacks of opportunity.
20% Miss Chance (Child of Shadow)

Initiating Pouncing Charge maneuver, full attack after charge. Targeting a giant that will put the maximum number of enemies within reach.

If these guys can use spell-like abilities or cast spells, Magebane activates for all these attacks, increasing attack/damage by +2 and +2d6 damage. Damage is increased by +8 due to Insightful Strike Discipline Focus in Tiger Claw.

Attacks:
Primary hand:
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 39 damage
[roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 42 damage
[roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 42 damage
[roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 39 damage
[roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 43 damage

Off-hand:
[roll20] [roll21] [roll22] + SR reduced by 2, if any + 1 CON damage. - 40 damage
[roll23] [roll24] [roll25] + SR reduced by 2, if any + 1 CON damage. - 40 damage
[roll26] [roll27] [roll28] + SR reduced by 2, if any + 1 CON damage. - 40 damage
[roll29] [roll30] [roll31] + SR reduced by 2, if any + 1 CON damage. - 37 damage

Designating the nearest living, reasonably unwounded giant as the target for Elusive Target.

NEO|Phyte
2008-04-14, 01:21 PM
Fotios

It was a distinctly unpleasant feeling, getting caught in a landslide. You're swept along for a very painful ride, and there's not a damned thing you can do until its stopped moving. Which, in this case, it did. Underwater. Once things seemed to calm down enough he could attempt to get out, he started working, pushing with all his might on the rocks he was stuck between. Hopefully one rock would give, either the one he is pushing on, or the one he's braced against.

Actions:[roll0] for half of [roll1]
followed by [roll2] and [roll3]. If you'd rather roll the damage yourself (or you already have and I missed the post), let me know.
Other than that, holding breath and making strength checks.
[roll4]

Useful stuff:Initiative: 11
HP: 249/345
AC(touch)[flatfooted]: 35(21)[29] Includes AC from Haste/Unholy Aura
Holding Breath: 50/52 rounds

DR 5/- (Supreme Blade Parry [Indefinite duration])
Concealment (20% miss chance) (Gleaming armor [Indefinite duration])
Immunity to critical hits/sneak attacks (Heavy Fortification armor [Indefinite duration])
Stacking +2 Dodge bonus to AC for every missed attack against me (resets to +0 on my turn, every turn) (Pearl of Black Doubt [Indefinite duration])
+4 Deflection to AC, +4 Resistance to saves, SR 25 versus Good creatures, possession/mental influence blocked, Good creatures take strength damage if they hit me in melee (Unholy Aura [unknown duration, Round/level])
Extra attack on full attack, +1 to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC/Reflex, +30' base speed (Haste [unknown duration, Round/level])
+4 Strength (Mass Bull's Strength [unknown duration, Minute/level])
Adjacent allies get +2 Morale to Will saves (Ironheart Aura [Indefinite duration])

Readied maneuvers:

Avalanche of Blades
Diamond Nightmare Blade
Time Stands Still
Wall of Blades
Rabid Bear Strike
Sudden Leap

pup3k
2008-04-16, 08:54 PM
Seeing an opening Ponidus wades into a group of enemies, striking the nearest one.

Attack and Damage:[roll0] [roll1]
Crit Confirmation just in case:[roll2]

Because I charged all enemies with 30 ft. with less HD than me (24), make a DC 17 Will save or be shaken for [roll3] rounds.

I also have my astral construct use it's Energy breath, directing it to hit as many giants as possible without hitting me or any allies. [roll4] Damage, Ref DC ? for half. (Again, how do I figure out that save DC, just use mine?)

Stats:
AC: 56
DR: 5/-
SR: 25
10% Miss Chance

Attack routine: +27/+27/+27/+27/+27/+22/+17//+22/+22/+22/+22
Damage: 8d8+31/2d8+18

Fort: +24
Ref: +17
Will: +26

Speed: 40

Astral Construct Important stats:
HP: 144
AC: 33
Fast Healing 2

Fort: +6
Ref: +6
Will: +6

Attack: Fire Bolt, 120 ft. line, 8d8+8 fire damage

Speed: 50 ft land, 40 ft fly

Active Buffs:
Expansion: 229 minutes, 6 rounds
Form of Doom: 45Rounds
Vigor: 22 minutes, 7 rounds
Inertial Armor: 25 Hours 59 minutes, 4 rounds
Haste, duration unknown
Unholy Aura, duration unkown
Mass Bull's Strength, duration unknown

Ramos
2008-04-17, 07:34 AM
Lamashtu

Seeing most of the group being dragged into the sea by the landslide, the patch of darkness sighs then speaks in a voice that makes the earth shake.
The fools that wander the earth
whose final bane is death
call forth from lightless depths
through the power of the earth!

The entire coastline where the harbor used to be begins to boil, the waters being cast dozens of feet upwards, carrying along wood and stones and everyone within the landslide up to the skies. Having cast that mighty working of magic, Lamashtu trembles with exhaustion then the globe of darkness falls to the ground in the midst of the giants.

Twinned celerity, cast twice once as standard action, once as immediate. Four free standard actions. Cast 4 timestops. Use Reverse Gravity once per round for the timestop rounds. Hopefully that can cover the area the group lies submerged in. Rolling for timestops:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Then stunned for 2 rounds after the casting due to having used celerity twice.

Lochar
2008-04-17, 07:40 AM
Heidal

Being thrown around by a rockslide was not fun. He hadn't expected the results of the spell to be this disastrous. As he slide underneath the water, he felt the connection to his companion fail as the large bear passed, and he frowned.

Best to get out then.

Concentrating, Heidal shifted into the form of a water elemental, and using it's mutable body flows right out of the rockslide and onto the top of the water, before moving back to the shore.

Stats:

HP: 506/612. Fast Healing 4, so 510/612 now.
AC: 31
Current spells: Vigor, Mass Lesser.

H Savvy
2008-04-17, 04:02 PM
Feeling the rumble of the earth, Ishaq knew then that his potential allies were well on their way. Surging with confidence, he lets out a loud and wild laugh, dashing at the back of the Giant's procession, striking two of their massive forms.

Actions
Double Bounding Attack: Move 40' forward, attack two opponents (one with each weapon once), move 40' back, no OOPs from either target. Due to potential extra attacks, damage/resolution will happen in next post.

Giant 1:
DH: [roll0]
DHK: [roll1]

Giant 2:
DH: [roll2]
DHK: [roll3]

H Savvy
2008-04-17, 04:23 PM
Continued actions:

Giant 1:
Damage:
+ [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]
[roll4]

Giant 2:
Extra attack (from lightning mace feat (with aptitude kukris)):
[roll5]

Damage:
[roll6] + [roll7] + [roll8] + [roll9]
[roll10]x2 + (-4 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill and ability checks for 1 minute)
Damage if additional attack hits: [roll11]

Stats:

HP 293/293, DR 5/-, Speed 80'
AC 32, Touch 23, Flat-footed 19, Fort +30, Ref +30, Will +20
Active Buffs:
Blur

Totals:
Forgot skirmish:
Giant 1: 40 + [roll]10d6
Giant 2: 52 + 15d6

H Savvy
2008-04-17, 04:29 PM
I'm starting to seriously dislike the roller for this forum. The Myth-Weavers one is way less of a jerk.

Skirmish damage:
Giant 1: [roll0]
Giant 2: [roll1]

TheMeanDM
2008-04-17, 04:53 PM
Witnessing the sacrifice that the dark woman makes to protect her comrades from harm, Agis cannot help but leap to her defense. He hurridly moves up the path, leaping high into the air in a beautiful arc. He lands on his feet, his weight crashing down upon the earth. His booted feet leave indentations in the ground where he lands.

As her 'body' falls to the earth before the giants, Agis rises to his full height, standing vigilant watch over his new companion. With the enhancing magic, and at his present size, he was the equal of any of the giants.

"Send your leader, cowards! Have him step forth and meet the challenge of Agis!" he bellows over the landscape. "Unless he is naught but a lame cur bred from the vilest whore of Midgaard!"

1) Move/Jump to the side of Lamashtu, defending her from any giants that may threaten
Jump Check (1d20+45=53) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568590/)

2) Intimidation check to, well, Intimidate the giants near me and/or to draw out their leader
Intimidation (1d20+32=46) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568596/)

3) attack(s) (if necessary)

1 from moving, +1 from haste:

Attack + Crit Checks
Attacks
1d20+43=63
1d20+38=45

Crit Checks
1d20+43=53+5 = 58
1d20+38=44
(http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568601/)
(I screwed up when I originally rolled, obviously I don't get a full attack after moving! So I took just the first 2 rolls)

Add +5 to crit checks (Battle Ardor)

Critical Hit Victim:
Devastating Critical
(DC 10 + ½ your level + your Strength modifier) or Die
Save = DC 38

Damage:
(striking as Huge creature: Giants Stance)
Critical Hit:
Huge Size Damage (3d8+33=46, 3d8+33=47) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568611/)

Regular Hit:
Regular Hit Damage (3d8+33=47) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568612/)

Total Damage: 140

Cleave Attack(s) if necessary. Figure a maximum of 3 giants could be in reach? Sounds plausible to me :smallsmile: Doubt I can deal enough to 1 to get any further cleave attacks beyond that one, but I suppose it could be wounded :smallamused:

Cleave Attacks (1d20+43=57, 1d20+43=60, 1d20+43=57) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568620/)

Cleave Damage (3d8+33=44, 3d8+33=45, 3d8+33=42) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1568621/)

Combat Stuff:

AC: 40
HP: 485/485
Active Buffs:
-Unholy Aura
-Mass Bull's Strength
-Haste

The Glyphstone
2008-04-18, 05:12 AM
Hemmed in on all sides by terrain, Horskarn takes the only escape route left to him - straight up, leaping above the collapsing ground and settling comfortably onto the air thanks to the spell granted him earlier. Once secure, he waits out the aftershocks of the earthquake, though he is not above taking swipes at any giant passing beneath him if they prove a vulnerable target.

Seeing the shadowcaster collapse amidst the giants, Horskarn rushes off "down" the air to where the approximate center of the darkness lies, using the magics granted him to pierce through the gloom, and lashes out with his weapon towards the nearest giant within his substantial reach.

Reflex (1d20+15=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1569121/) to dodge the landslide.

Action: Charge whichever giant will leave me closest to Lamashtu's fallen body. Full Shock Trooper Power Attack penalties, so an attack roll of Charge (1d20+43=62) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1569127/), crit confirmation of Crit Confirm (1d20+43=59) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1569128/). Normal damage of 76, 5 Sonic, 2 negative levels (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1569133/), additional critical damage of 72 +80 = 152 more damage and 4 more negative levels. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1569134/)

I'll let you roll any AoO I get, unless you want me to - I have no idea how many I will recieve when the giants take their actions inside my 60ft. threat bubble.

Important Stats.

Initiative: 16
HP: 730/730
AC/Touch/FF: 43/19/38 (-21 if Power Attacking) (-4 additional penalty with Karmic Strike active) (Robiliar's Gambit allows enemies an additional +4 bonus to attack and damage against me)

Current Attack Routine:
+41/+41/+36/+31/+26, dealing 2d6+27 damage plus 2d6 sonic damage and 2 negative levels per hit. An extra +42 damage until the beginning of my next turn due to Power Attack.

Active Buffs:
-Unholy Aura
-Mass Bull's Strength
-Haste
-Air Walk
-Freedom of Movement
-Improved Blink
-True Seeing
-Felldrained Weapon of Energy

Other Effects:
+1 to hit and damage against creatures with Supernatural abilities
Ignore miss chances granted by magical effects (may overlap with True Seeing).

Attacks of Opportunity:

I have a 30ft. reach, recieve unlimited AoO per round, and each provoking action gives me three such attacks - the first at my full attack bonus, the second at a -5, and the third at a -10, with full damage applied to each attack. All of the normal actions that provoke AoO apply to me, along with the following special cases:
-Casting any sort of spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability, regardless of if it would normall provoke AoO or not.
-Charging into a square I threaten.
-Dismiss or redirect an active spell.
-Turn or rebuke undead.
-Attempt to grapple me, even if with Improved Grab or Improved Grapple.
-Attack me in melee
-Hit me in melee
Any movement-related action that provokes an AoO (leaving or entering a threatened square, for instance) will have the first AoO be a Stand Still attempt, forcing a Reflex save with DC=Damage dealt against being unable to move further that turn, but causing no actual HP damage.)

expirement10K14
2008-04-20, 08:38 AM
The Eldritch Chain is only 4 targets. 24/5 is 4.8, rounded down it is 4. And I forgot to add the base of 10 to the saves :smallfrown:

Again I will use a Maximized Vitrolic Brimstone Eldritch Chain Hellfire blast for 17d6 (maximized) damage that bypasses spell resistance, and anyone hit must make two DC 24 saving throws to avoid taking acid damage (2d6/round for 4 rounds) and lighting on fire (2d6/round for 4 rounds). The blast deals 102 damage, and jumps to up to 4 targets. Secondary targets only take 1d6/round from acid and fire damages, if affected, and only take 51 damage.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Important Stats-

Initiative- 33
HP- 371/371
AC- 42, 34 Touch, 29 Flat-Footed
Bound to Naberius- Until end of day
Fell Flight Active- Until end of day

pup3k
2008-04-24, 10:36 AM
((What exactly are we waiting on? Has someone not posted their action or something?))

TheMeanDM
2008-05-01, 04:03 PM
I think we broke our DM. :smallmad: :smallmad: :smallmad:

H Savvy
2008-05-13, 06:33 AM
I think you're right.