PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew group 2

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-01, 08:53 AM
Now at last you begin your adventure, or at least the journey to where you hope you will find adventure. Having very little spending money, and very much road ahead of you, have not made the trek pleasant. With each passing day you feel less and less like a hero, and more like a ball of filth. Travelers gaze upon your ragtag group with suspicion, and Innkeeps always seem to find the dirtiest corner of the common loft. The heavens also seem to frown upon you. During your short journey you have managed to see snow, be covered in mud, drenched in hot rain, and baked beneath an even hotter sun. Yet, you finally arrive at last at the great city of Magna Urba.

You pass through the outskirts, which consist of small farmsteads and scattered villages, to arrive at the main gate of the walled city. Once passing beneath what summarily the most intimidating and imposing battlements you have ever laid eyes upon, you are assaulted by a swirling cacophony of sound and color.

The party has arrived at the main market district of Magna Urba. In a space enclosed by a quarter mile wide semi-circle are more carts, vendors, and shops than you have seen in your entire life. Sigil was diverse, in so much as you could find many types of people, but this is diversity of a different flavor. In Sigil everyone was part of a whole, and lived in the same small community. The market place displays a great clashing and bustle of strangers. Each individual seems to exist in their own world, with their own unique style.

You can’t help but get pressed into the crowd and be drawn in by the many attractions. All of the vendors seem quite willing and able to assail against every one of your senses. Had you a bit more gold on hand, you might have found yourself parting with it very quickly.

From what you can tell from you vantage point at the edge of the crowd, the center of the ring is completely inundated with the same chaos . Somehow, probably due to the vigilance of the very competent looking guards, there is a relatively clear path surrounding the central swirl. Carts carrying various goods can be seen passing along this path, which is lined along the wall with more established places of business.

Where do you go now, adventurers?

AKA_Bait
2008-04-01, 01:30 PM
Abe Ochoa

"Heel!" Barked Abe at King, noticing the mutt eye a caged rabbit and not wishing the dog to get separated from him in the midst of the throng. Slowly, holding Berkeley's lead, he attempts to spy any sort of hall or residence where the Duke, or more probably his retainers, might be awaiting the arrival of himself and the rag tag band of other invitee's he had met along the way.

"Any clue where we are supposed to meet his Lordship?" He said as he continued to look this way and then that, "We should probably go directly there. Nobles sometimes get testy when their guests are late."

Silverkiss
2008-04-01, 06:13 PM
Nox Luna

Looking to the city around her like a child who just received an early birthday present, Nox comes back to reality with Abe's question. She quickly looks to the others, and seeing as no one knew where to go, she starts going towards the people on the city, saying:

"Oh... Oh, yes, we should hurry. Well, we don't know this city anyway, so let me ask someone where the Lord resides."

Nox doesn't wait for an answer, and dissapears into the crowd. After a short time, she is back, still looking amazed at the city.

Would you like for our rolls to be here on spoilers or on the OOC thread ?

[roll0]

Deepblue706
2008-04-02, 10:20 AM
Hunk

From atop his horse followed Hunk, a sullen-eyed half-orc whose great shoulders bore the weight of a suit of chain, as well as a small arsenal of weaponry. Carrying a glaive on his mount, a morning star and a curved sword at his belt, as well as javelins on his back, he could not help but look like a dangerous man. But he was not trying to intimidate anyone - he was primarily utilitarian. In fact, he didn't like standing out in the crowd for even a moment, as evidenced by his constant frowning and avoidance of eye-contact.

He does not often speak, but mutter - and seems to make no exception here."If he didn't say where to find him, then it's his own damn fault if we're later than expected."

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-02, 12:19 PM
After some minutes of questioning, Nox garners that they should look for a local constabulary if they wish to deal with the Duke's men. Other than that, he can not determine whether or not the Duke himself actually wants to see them.

OOC: Rolls here, in spoilers, keeps things neat.

AKA_Bait
2008-04-02, 02:07 PM
Abe Ochoa

Abe watches as the girl dissapears into the crowd and then turns and looks up at Hunk. "Yeah, it would be," he replies to the muttering, "but the thing is, Nobles, they have these guys called guards who do whatever they say, including cutting your head off. So, we should try to be on time."

He attempts to spy Nox among the crowd, and fails for the most part until she suddenly appears at the edge of the press. "So, where are we going?"

Silverkiss
2008-04-02, 02:41 PM
Nox Luna

Coming back to the group, smiling and watching the diversity of people passing by, Nox first bows to the group, apologising:

"I'm sorry that I left without warning, but I had never seen a city as big as this one ! Well, to tell the truth, I had never seen any other city anyway. Oh yes, yes, about the Lord; one of these merchants was kind enough to tell me that, if we have bussiness with the Duke, we should look for a constabulary near here. I guess we won't be talking directly to the Duke, after all, but that was a little expected, wasn't it ?"

After informing the group of what she was told, Nox waits for each of the group's members to think, looking at one of the merchants nearby, who was selling a handsome-looking necklage. After a few minutes, Nox turns back to the group and smiles, saying:

"Well, let's get going ?"

Deepblue706
2008-04-02, 07:39 PM
"Mreh..." Hunk grumbles at Abe's remark. "They could try." He doesn't comment on what Nox has to say - his feelings on the matter are instead surmized by an apathetic shrug. He follows once the group gets moving.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-02, 07:48 PM
The group makes their way through the crowd and traffic to a squat and official looking building along the walls edge. Out in front is a bulletin with various job offerings and wanted posters. Two guards wielding halberds stand on either side of the entrance. They do not seem the type for conversation.

AKA_Bait
2008-04-03, 03:54 PM
Abe leads Berkeley over toward the bulletin.

"Get my letter from the Duke out of my pack will you Skree?" He says over his shoulder, apparently to pack saddle, which begins to rustle. As the pack buldges and shifts Abe glances over the job offerings and the wanted posters. If whatever the Duke wanted didn't pan out then it was good to be aware of other options. Also, it was good to have a notion of who in this town would be willing to stab him in his sleep or at least was known for being willing to. After a few moments a brown rat with a large white spot on its head scurries out of the large sack in the middle of the saddle with a small engraved envelope bettween its teeth. He nods thanks to the rodent, takes the letter from its maw, and the little creature scurries back into the sack from which it emerged.

"Well," He said looking at the rest of the party, "I guess we better go ask these guards."

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-03, 09:15 PM
While perusing the bulletin, Abe notices something rather startling. A poster with a rather detailed description of the party reads the following:

Wanted for High Treason, Reward pending capture, do not approach, DANGEROUS, see your local officer.

AKA_Bait
2008-04-04, 09:28 AM
He had barely finished his sentence when the contents of the wanted poster finally percolated from his retinas to his brain. "Wait a sec," he hurriedly said and looked back over at the wanted poster. Yep, that was definitely them.

He pulled the invitation out of the envelope in his hand, pretended to glance at it, and said, "You know, actually it says where to meet him on here, follow me folks," and then more quietly, "no need to rush, try to look normal."

As calmly as he could he took Berkeley’s lead, gestured for King to follow, and started walking as nonchalantly as possible back toward the marketplace from which they had come.

In case anyone was listening/watching that last comment probably needs a bluff check.

[roll0]

Silverkiss
2008-04-04, 05:40 PM
Nox

"Huh ? What do you mean, my frien..." - Hearing Abe talk about 'looking normal', Nox suddenly goes silent, knowing that something is wrong. She follows Abe back to the marketplace, while casually turning and saying:

"So, what do you guys think about finding an Inn or something ? I am really tired, aren't you guys ?"

WillWolf
2008-04-05, 03:27 AM
Casandra:

((OOC: I apologize for the delay.))

She was dressed in a heavy wool coat, her shiny, black studded-leather armor and rapier on her side. She looked like an adventurer, but the sullen look on her dirty, plain face made her feel otherwise. What she wanted was a good, long bath to lather up her spindly, brown hair. Gah."Don't be dumb." she sighed. She had gone much longer with less. Life at the academy was making her soft.

Casandra followed the others without a word, but a very, very inquisitive look on her face. She swaggered on behind them, trying to look as nonchalant as possible, all of her training (and a good dose of common sense) told her to not act like an out of townee; however, even she couldn't help but look around in awe. She had seen many cities on her trip from sea; however, this was the first time she saw one up close and front.

Still that wasn't anything in comparison to the view in front of him. Hunk was quite the hunk. Alright, alright she had a ... thing for half-orcs; personally she didn't get why most people didn't find them cute and Hunk looked so cute when he tried to look human. Still she couldn't let that slip, it wasn't professional.

"You know, actually it says where to meet him on here, follow me folks,"

No it doesn't. She quickly snapped back to her senses; she had memorized the note more or less. She made the assumption that someone was following them, someone who shouldn't have been.

Bluff check to make it seem like she does not have the high school crush on Hunk: [roll0] ... spot check: [roll1]

Epic fail

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-05, 11:27 AM
Before the party can go very far, they are surrounded by a dozen of the town watch. They form a 10ft. circle around the party, leveling their halberds, but making no other hostile moves. A man in a well-polished breastplate approaches and speaks to the party through gap in the circle.

I have been ordered to facilitate you arrest. Come peacefully, and your trial shall be fair and just. Resistance will not suffice you.

Silverkiss
2008-04-05, 12:08 PM
Nox Luna

Looking to the guards around the group and to the man in breastplate, Nox seems surprisingly calm. She gives a step towards the man, showing no ill-intentions and adressing him:

"If we are being arrested, then I shall go peacefully. However, I would like to hear the reasons for our arrest. We just arrived to this beautiful city, and I did nothing wrong. I believe my companions are also innocent of any illegal activities, for they do not seem the type to cause problems."

AKA_Bait
2008-04-05, 08:51 PM
Abe Ochoa

Abe said a bad word under his breath.

"Good Sirs, like my friend, I am also confused as to why we might be wanted men here. I have never set foot in Magna Urba before in my life and only do so now at the invitation of the Duke," He held out the invitation to the speaker in the shiny breastplate, "We will, of course, follow your orders and come peacefully but see for yourself the invitation."

WillWolf
2008-04-06, 03:00 AM
Casandra:

Casandra smiled and looked as cute as she possibly could. "Well if you are sure it is us, officers."

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-06, 10:00 AM
The man crosses his arms and speaks in short, punctuated breaths.

Treason. There is no mistake. My orders are clear. I am to accept no argument. Come with me, or I will bring you.

The guards remain steadfast around you, obviously being very well trained. You are certain that at a gesture they would be upon you with a crashing wall of metal.

Silverkiss
2008-04-06, 10:35 AM
Nox Luna

"Treason ? Well, that is not possible. But relax, I have no intent on resisting the arrest. I just hope our trial is indeed fair and just, and we can walk freely on this beautiful city once again soon."

Nox walks towards the man, intending to follow him to wherever he leads her.

Deepblue706
2008-04-06, 05:07 PM
"Treason?" Hunk frowns at the man running the show. "Whazzat mean? I don't understand. What did we do?" Whether or not he was telling the truth about understanding the concept may have been unclear, but half-orcs were never seen as intelligent.

AKA_Bait
2008-04-07, 08:36 AM
"We're coming, we're coming," Abe replied. As they moved he whispered to Nox, "I don't think we should keep our hopes up for a fair trial, what with their being 'no mistake' and all."

Silverkiss
2008-04-07, 01:22 PM
Nox Luna

Nox nods to Abe's words, but maintains a calm face. One who saw her could say she was just meeting old friends, and not being arrested. She whispers back to Abe:

"That is true. However, if their justice is really flawed, then it has no value, and we can just escape."

AKA_Bait
2008-04-07, 01:45 PM
Abe Ochoa

Abe nodded to Nox.

Especially since it's probably that or hanging. For now though... Abe smiled and continued following the guards.

WillWolf
2008-04-08, 12:10 AM
Casandra:

"It's alright Hunk." She said soothingly. Relax--We're being charged with a crime against the aristocracy or royalty, but since we aren't guilty, we should be fine." She gave him a very sweet smile. Of course she was smart enough to know differently; however, she didn't believe a word she was saying, this smelled like a set-up to her.

Bluff check for Hunk if necessary: [roll0] ... Is it possible to do an untrained knowledge local/royality check to know who would be charging us for treason? [roll1]

Deepblue706
2008-04-08, 09:04 PM
Rolling against me? I thought the rulebooks discouraged the use of skills against fellow PCs. Pfft...whatev.

Hunk

With the lack of will to resist among his companions confirmed, Hunk makes no protests, simply giving Cassandra a nod and going along with the armed men peacefully.

WillWolf
2008-04-08, 09:53 PM
Sorry Deep. You are more than welcome to ignore these rolls; however, I just didn't want Hunk to you know ... go like a half-orc bruiser ... and bruise. >__>;;

Hope you don't mind the 'crush' thing. I always wanted to have a character have a crush on a race that she or he was not supposed to have a crush on.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-08, 10:24 PM
The man visibly softens his posture and makes a short gesture over his shoulder. Two more guards arrive with manacles and hoods.

For your own safety it would be best that the townsfolk not see your faces. It would do well for you not to be recognized if and when you are found innocent.

Deepblue706
2008-04-08, 10:28 PM
np, Willwolf

Hunk pondered on the statement made, making no attempts to resist to the manacles or the hood.

WillWolf
2008-04-09, 03:27 AM
I'd need a sense motive check before I respond to that statement.: [roll0]

AKA_Bait
2008-04-09, 08:26 AM
What kind of hoods are these? Open ones that we could see out of, or closed that we couldn't?

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-09, 09:30 AM
ooc: The hoods are closed, but are designed to allow for reasonably comfortable wear.

Silverkiss
2008-04-09, 06:03 PM
Nox Luna

Without showing any sign of protest or saying anything, Nox accepts the hood and the manacles.

WillWolf
2008-04-11, 08:31 PM
Casandra also accepts the hood, though there is a look of fear in her eyes. She didn't like the way this was going.

AKA_Bait
2008-04-13, 11:12 AM
Abe Ochoa

"If you insist, I'll wear the manacles but I'll take my chances in terms of the crowd recognizing me when we are found innocent," Abe replied accepting the manacles, "we will have been found innocent after all and it's not as if our descriptions haven't already been posted for everyone to see."

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-18, 05:31 PM
The man walks directly in front of Abe and stares him down.

I'm sorry, did I lead you to believe you had a choice? Guards!

With this the party is seized by the surrounding guards, and Abe is wrestled to the ground. After being chained and hooded, you are lead through the city. You are pulled along rather roughly, but the many strong hands that guide you do not allow you to fall, and as such you make great haste through the city streets.

The hoods are loose enough to allow for easy breathing, but are weighted at the bottom, so you can not wriggle out a peephole. However, you can tell that you are first lead down several cobbled roads. At one point you are certain there is a body of water in the vicinity, but after some minutes you return to the inner city.

A well-greased portculis can be heard rising in front and falling behind you. What sounds like large double doors also allow your passage, and you are lead indoors. Once inside you are lead down a maze of corridors and up a set of spiral stairs. Finally, the hoods and manacles are removed and you find yourselves in a small office.

A man sits at a desk in front of you, with a wave the breastplated man and the two guards are dismissed. The man at the desk is of middling age, with slightly graying hair and a rather noble aire about him. He sits shuffling papers and furiously inking at parchments. The room is bare except for two large bookshelves and a small cot in the corner.

Without looking up from his papers, the man produced a document and places it on the front of his desk, and motions for the party to come forward.

Names and occupations here if you will

OOC: Unless you want to make grapple checks of course...:smallwink:.

AKA_Bait
2008-04-18, 06:45 PM
OOC: I would actually haved like to have Abe say two things as he was being dragged, "Ow! Yes! Yes I did!" and "Skree, keep an eye out." If that would mess things up though, it's not a big deal.

Abe is still shaken from the sudden assault and bustle. He blinks several times, his eyes adjusting again to light. When can see again, he looks around trying to spy Skree and make some sense of this situation.

"Uh..."

Deepblue706
2008-04-18, 10:21 PM
Hunk

Instead of cooperating, Hunk instead simply glares at the man for a moment.

"You want our names?" Hunk grunts. "Those men said we're guilty of treason - if people knew we were so guilty, they'd know who we were by now. I ain't doin' anything until you explain what's goin' on." He folds his arms.

Silverkiss
2008-04-24, 04:09 PM
Nox Luna

Quickly examining the room with her eyes, Nox moves forward to the desk, no emotion present in her face. While writing "Nox Luna - Explorer" on the document, she says to the man in front of her:

"Done, as you commanded. Now, could you kindly explain what is going on ? We came to this city on orders from the Duke, and we were arrested for treason the moment we entered the city. Is this some kind of silly game ?"

OOC: I was waiting for the DM, but it seems he was waiting for more players to post. Done.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-24, 09:38 PM
OOC: You are correct, I was waiting for a party reaction, but I am going to push it along a bit.

The man extends a clenched fist and Hunk suddenly finds himself suspended in midair in front of the desk. The quill floats it's way toward his hand and scribbles out an 'X' next to the word 'warrior'. Hunk then falls face first to the floor.

He then addresses Nox in an even and measured tone.

Of course, I must apologize. The Duke required some measure of secrecy in this task. For all intents and purposes, you are now dead and can operate outside of my usual jurisdiction. I require your services for a small task. You will be well compensated.

Four clinking bags and a leather scroll case are produced from a drawer.

Each of these bags contains 25 platinum pieces. Payment upon execution of these orders. The quartermaster in the courtyard has your weapons, as well as any supplies you may need. Do not under any circumstances open these orders until you are out of sight of the city. I will answer any questions you have now, but the specifics are in the orders.

AKA_Bait
2008-04-25, 08:40 AM
Abe Ochoa

Seeing Hunk tossed around like a sack of potatoes snapped Abe back to the situation at hand. If this guy could do that so easily, then they really didn't have any choice but to comply, whoever he was.

"All right," said Abe, leaning over the desk and chickenscratching out something vaguely reminiscent of his name. Then, after another moment of thought, scribbling the word 'farmer' next to it. "Are our animals being cared for?"

Two checks and an ooc question.

Question: Was Abe able to call out to Skree?

Rolls:

Spellcraft on the Hunk tossing: [roll0]
Sense Motive on the Guy Behind the Desk: [roll1]

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-25, 02:17 PM
Abe:
You can sense Skree somewhere outside, but can't quite get in touch.

You also recognize the spell as Telekinesis.

Overall the constable seems sincere.

Deepblue706
2008-04-27, 02:06 PM
Hunk

Out of sheer amazement of the man's skill in wizardry, Hunk remains a bit dumbfounded as he tries to climb back to his feet. When he's back up, his face meets a sort-of half-smirking contortion.

"Yeah, you need us?" He dusts himself off. "Might not be a good idea to start abusing that power of yours just to push us around. Might pull a muscle, or somethin' - and I might be a little dependent on being in good shape to, you know, hit things." He snorts. "Plus, you know, there's that whole thing about not screwing with people who are doin' you a favor." He stands motionless, awaiting a verbal response.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-28, 12:09 AM
The constable laughs aloud at the brazen defiance of the half-orc. He gestures at the stacks of parchment and paper that litter his desk.

I really do have more important matter to which I must attend, so If you have no further questions...

Silverkiss
2008-04-29, 07:36 PM
Nox Luna

Taking the leather scroll, Nox gives a quick look to the bags, and turns to the rest of the group, saying:

"I have no questions to ask. Ask any you have, so we can go read about those orders already." - Nox seems to be impacient, like a curious child wanting to know what her anniversary gift will be.

Deepblue706
2008-04-29, 08:55 PM
"This is stupid." Hunk mutters to Abe, before approaching the desk and snatching his coinpurse. He doesn't offer the constable any more words - just a distrustful eye.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-04-30, 12:12 PM
After seeing the quartermaster, guards lead the group to a sortie gate off the west end of the keep. A short walk down a tunnel leaves you in a rocky outcropping some yards from the city wall. The door is slammed behind you revealing it to be cunningly camoflauged to match the surrounding rock.

As per the constable's orders you walk up the road a bit until the city is obscured by the hilly landscape. You decide to open the scroll.

Three days march to the northwest is a fort ruin. A preliminary expedition was sent to determine whether this strategic position could be rebuilt. This expedition included a civilian survey team, who were to report on this posibillity. No report has been received.

You are to proceed to the fort, acertain as to why there has been no contact with the expedition, and return with this information. If possible you are to assist the preliminary expedition in any way you can, but your primary objective is reconnaissance.

You have one week to complete your task. Returning after this time without good reason will result in your execution records being made public.

After reading the final words the text begins to glow. Nox, who had been holding the paper feels it grow hot to the touch, and casts it aside. Shortly before hitting the ground, it bursts into flame. There is no trace of the scroll after the smoke clears.

The road leads roughly northwest before you. You have your orders, as well as a deadline. However, it is now midafternoon, and a rather pleasant spring day. The way ahead promises more rolling farmland and well traveled woodland paths, as well as a rich reward.

Silverkiss
2008-04-30, 03:17 PM
Nox Luna

Massaging her hands because of the hot feeling, Nox puts a smile on her face, looking to the road ahead. She turns to the rest of the group:

"So, we will be going now ? I am a little hungry, but we should press on, don't you think ? Why waste time here when we could get to our destination sooner ?"

AKA_Bait
2008-05-01, 09:18 AM
Abe Ochoa

Abe, still silently thankful to whatever deity might have been watching over that Skree, King and Berkeley were mostly unmolested, trudged out the gate before turning to Nox, Hunk, and Casandra.

"Yeah. Let's get the hell out of here. I really don't trust that guy and the sooner we run his errand the sooner we can hopefully get out from under his thumb," Abe said flatly, "I'll tell you this though, if it gets to look like we aren't going to make it back in a week, I'm not going back at all. Hunk just saw what that guy is capable of when slightly impatient. I don't want to see what angry looks like."

Deepblue706
2008-05-01, 02:43 PM
Hunk

"Agreed." Hunk says, gazing into the countryside. He remains still until the group gets moving - which he then follows from the rear.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-05-07, 10:34 AM
The party travels along the road without incident. The land you travel is indeed dotted with small farmsteads and a few scattered hamlets. You pass a few of the locals, who do not meet you with hostility, but seem content to let you go on your way. A few miles from the city, the hills flatten out a bit, and you can see farther down the road.

There is a large forest, which you are heading directly toward. By your estimation, the fort must lie deep within this wood. Several hours later you cross into the boundaries.

At this point the trees are sparse but healthy. The road is still well maintained, showing signs of use in commerce. You continue onward as there is still much daylight left in the sky. The canopy has not yet grown thick enough to obscure the sun.

Up ahead is an old man sitting on a stump. He is in the midst of stamping out a small fire and gathering up his meager possessions. His countenance is well grizzled by age, but still carries a paternal warmth. When he sees you, he greets the group.

Well, good day. Travelers, eh? Always loved the open road myself. But, you can't go down this path. Storm took out a few big trees, and the woodsman haven't gotten around to clearing them out. It's why I don't pay taxes. Use that old deer path over there.

He chuckles at his own joke and gestures to a smaller track that veers a bit westerly of the main trail. You can't see very far down either path.

Deepblue706
2008-05-07, 07:55 PM
Hunk

While Hunk's parents taught him to always be polite to anyone he met, he could never help but be suspicious of anyone considered to be less than a loyal friend. Most acts of kindness directed at him were usually some sort of attempt at catching him off-guard, so that the person in question could take advantage of him, whether for making him the butt of a joke, or something far worse. It was only natural for him to believe that most people were bad, and not to be trusted.

While tempted to simply blow the man off, Hunk remains silent, awaiting the opinions of the rest of the group. If they all wanted to listen to man's words, as easily as he could be lying (for any number of reasons), Hunk would not argue. Not that he felt anyone would listen, anyway. Such information might not visible from the exterior, though the others of the party might notice Hunk's discomforted facial contortions and the folding of his arms.

AKA_Bait
2008-05-08, 11:37 AM
Abe Ochoa

"Greetings fellow!" Abe says brightly as he internally ponders the man's countenence and demeanor for signs of treachery. Abe then stands up on his tiptoes and looks down the road, searching for any sign of fallen trees or figures off to the side of the road. "Thank you for the warning. How large are the trees? We may be able to do our selves and other passersby a service by removing them from the road along our way if they are not too large."

Dropping to his heels Abe steps toward the man, extending his hand. "Oh, I'm Abe."

Sense Motive:[roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Silverkiss
2008-05-08, 01:23 PM
Nox Luna

Getting closer to the conversation and resting a hand on Abe's shoulder, Nox says, while smiling, "And I'm Nox, pleased to meet you." She then tries to see the fallen trees, supporting herself on Abe's shoulder, while saying "Echoing my friend's question, maybe we can move the trees."

[roll0] (I know Abe rolled a 20, but will do it just for the sake of doing)
[roll1]

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-05-14, 08:27 PM
The man takes your hand and heartily shakes it.

Friends call me Jami, always good to meet new people. I just have to say, I use the deer path. Easier on the old bones if you know what I mean.

He laughs again, this time a bit nervously.

For those of us who made sense motive rolls:
You don't trust him, he seems a bit too eager to get you down the deer path. You don't know what, but something is amiss.

AKA_Bait
2008-05-15, 10:05 AM
Abe Ochoa

Abe took a step back, cocking his head to one side, and dropping his formerly outstretched hand to his side. He stretched out his fingers and then drew them quicky back in toward his palm, causing a very faint cracking sound as the joints popped.

"So," he asked, moving to the balls of his feet, "have you actually seen these fallen trees you speak of?"

The stretching and cracking of his fingers is the IC cue that Abe is readying an action to cast an eschew materials spell. In this case, Grease below the feet of the old man if he makes any sudden movements.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-05-15, 11:41 PM
The old man looks at Abe a bit strangely, but replies without hesitation.

Why would I say there are trees if I haven't seem 'em? Dog should be fine, don't know about the pony though.

Deepblue706
2008-05-16, 01:23 PM
Hunk

Seeing that Abe appears to be on the same track, Hunk steps in."How far up ahead have the trees fallen? We actually only need to go a short distance, actually." He then winces a bit as he thinks about the poor composure of his own speech.

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-05-17, 12:36 AM
The old man seems a bit taken aback by the questioning. He is getting a bit shifty and eyes the deer track a few times.

It will only take you a few minutes, why don't you go see for yourselves?

Silverkiss
2008-05-17, 12:43 AM
Nox Luna

Also looking to the deer path, Nox says to her companions: "Yea, it will only take a few minutes, let's go check it." - Then, she turns to the main road - "Let's see if those trees are really on the way or not."

Nox waits for the others, them begins walking towards the place where the fallen trees are supposed to be.

Deepblue706
2008-05-17, 11:43 AM
Hunk

"Wait a minute." Hunk says to Nox, before she gets far. "I think he might be tellin' the truth. But," He turns to the old man. "This deer path - if it's good, and this main road isn't, what about other people who come this way? Sir, you probably don't intend to wait here all day to help travellers save time, do you?" He pauses a moment, although not really waiting for an answer. "Oh! I have an idea! We should make a sign for people who come by, so they know not to take the wrong path. Come with us to the fallen trees - I'm sure we can snatch some good pieces of wood and chalk on a nice, bit sign. Come on, let's get moving!"

Bluff:[roll0]

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-05-17, 01:22 PM
That sounds like a good idea, but you are right about me needing to move on.

He then gathers up his things and moves off toward the city. In spite of his age, he walks a good pace and has disappeared around a bend in moments of having set off.

Moving down the main trail, you do indeed encounter several large trees in the path of the main trail. However, it is quite obvious that the trees did not fall, but rather were felled. You could move them, or attempt to go around.

AKA_Bait
2008-05-22, 12:07 PM
Abe Ochoa

"Now this, this is suspcious." Remarked Abe as he looked at the felled trees, and then scoured the sides of the road for any signs of an ambush. "I don't want to get caught pushing a log when some brigand jumps out of a tree at me. Think we can get around it?"

Spot: [roll0]

Silverkiss
2008-05-22, 02:13 PM
Nox Luna

"Don't know. Isn't it possible for us to jump over them ?" - Nox said, as she also looked around, mimicking Abe. - "Let's just move the trees while some of us keep watch, if anything."

[roll0]

Alebeard_Thunderax
2008-05-23, 10:11 AM
Jumping is quite possible for those with two legs, but you will need to either clear a path, or find a new one for Berkeley. Overall the are seems clear, and the trees look like they could be moved with some effort. Nox also sees what is presumably the other end of the deer path a bit down the road.

OOC: Think along the lines of an obstacle course of large logs.

Deepblue706
2008-05-23, 10:32 PM
Hunk

"Ugh. This is taking too long."

The impatient half-orc spits into his hands, begins to grip the nearest tree to bar their path. He shoves his body into it full-force, trying to clear the way.

Strength Check: [roll0]

AKA_Bait
2008-05-24, 08:17 AM
Abe Ochoa

"Sounds like a plan," says Abe, grinning at Hunk. "Let me see if I can help with that." Abe stretches and cracks his fingers again and begins chanting a little poem under his breath and making a motion as if scooping something out of a pan at the ground and bottoms of the fallen trees.

"Slippery, slippery, floor,
Just after bacon you aren't anymore."

Casting grease at the undersides ]of the logs. The spell isn't clear on the size of object that grease can effect. So, your call on if it can get the entire underside of the trees or just make a 10ft patch below them.