PDA

View Full Version : [Race]Robot Gnomes

jagadaishio
2008-04-01, 11:26 AM
According to certain rumours, 4th edition will be presenting two brand new races not previously announced: a race of evil squirrels and robot gnomes. After emailing a number of individuals at Wizards, I was able to gain a stat block for a 3.5 version of the robot gnomes. They would not, however, give me the spoilers that a 4.0 stat block would represent. So, without further ado, the robot gnome:
April Fools
Robot Gnomes
April Fools
Small Construct
+2 Intelligence, - Constitution: Robot gnomes are quick-witted and inventive, but lack living components.
Speed: 20 ft.
Small: As a Small creature, a robot gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Construct Traits: A robot gnome gains all of the construct traits as listed in the Monster Manual.
Electric Conversion (Su): For every three points of shock damage that a robot gnome would normally be dealt, a robot gnome instead heals one point of damage.
Electric Dependency (Su): A robot gnome has an internal battery which requires exposure to electricity to remain charged. Every three points of shock damage converted to healing also adds one charge to their battery. For every day of activity, the robot gnome expends one charge from their battery. If the charges remaining in the battery reach zero, the robot gnome becomes inert until it gains another charge.
A robot gnome gains Energy Substitution (Shock) as a bonus feat at first level.
+2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
+4 racial bonus to Craft (Mechanical Device) checks.
+2 racial bonus to Disable Device checks.
+2 racial bonus to Open Lock checks.
Weapon Familiarity: Robot gnomes treat the gnome hooked hammer as a martial weapon.
Automatic Languages: Gnome, Binary, Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc.
Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass robot gnome's wizard class levels do not count when determining whether he/she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
April Fools
And here is the rumour which sparked my quest:
http://dnd4.com/lots-of-new-rumors
April Fools

Hazkali
2008-04-01, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry. I don't care that this was an April Fool's. Robot Gnomes have an inherant coolness to them that I will put them in every campaign I possibly can.

:smallbiggrin:

Rizban
2008-04-01, 08:15 PM
I'm suddenly envisioning a cataclysmic war between the Robot Gnomes and the Clockwork Goblins...

Kellus
2008-04-01, 10:11 PM
Isn't there something called AutoGnomes that are basically that? :smallconfused:

Proteus
2008-04-04, 09:01 AM
Their common languages should include Binary.

JackTR69
2008-04-04, 06:01 PM
Imagine a giant gnome robot filled full of shocker lizards....
Scary.

Bluelantern
2008-04-04, 06:52 PM
Do they steal robot underpants?

JackTR69
2008-04-04, 06:55 PM
Yes, but only robot underpants. It's all they eat, which is why they are in such short supply. I mean, have YOU ever seen robot underpants? No, because robot gnomes have already eaten them. Case solved.

Rizban
2008-04-04, 08:33 PM
I might need to get some +1 boots to upgrade to robot gnome punting...

Iethloc
2008-04-05, 01:06 AM
Does this have a Level Adjustment at all? Because it would be awesome to play as one of these things.

jagadaishio
2008-04-05, 02:40 PM
I added Binary as an automatic language, and there is no level adjustment to the robot gnomes. Of course, they are an April Fools day joke. Anyway, if you want a real race that has the 3:1 electric conversion, I believe that there is a planetouched race in the Fiend Folio. I may be thinking of the wrong book. Fun race to use, though.

kpenguin
2008-04-05, 02:48 PM
Why do they get constitution penalties? As constructs, wouldn't robot gnomes lack con scores entirely?

jagadaishio
2008-04-05, 04:10 PM
They do lack constitution scores. That's where their constitution score is just -, rather than being minus a number.