PDA

View Full Version : Post Count User Titles

Neftren
2008-04-01, 06:57 PM
Okay, so for some reason, my user title for post counts has changed to Barbarian... I was an ogre earlier today. Has the number been changed or something, or is this a bug?

For Example: Morkais Chosen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=32735)
• Ogre
•*615 Posts

That shouldn't be...

I have some 2900 posts, about to hit 3000 and I'm a Barbarian? Is this just my computer or has something gone horribly wrong?

Sneak
2008-04-01, 06:58 PM

April Fools!

Neftren
2008-04-01, 07:06 PM
Actually... I thought April Fools would come in the form of a comic.

Sneak
2008-04-01, 07:08 PM
Well...

Apparently not.

Besides, a comic would be an April Fools from Rich, and I think the titles-switcheroo is the result of the machinations of the other mods, not Rich.

bluish_wolf
2008-04-01, 07:15 PM
Rather subtle for an April's Fool's joke.

Sneak
2008-04-01, 07:18 PM
Yeah.

And the bugbears among us (including you, Bluish) probably didn't even notice anything. :P

The 'ranks' (I'm kind of hesitant to call them that because the word rank indicates a kind of hierarchy, and post count 'rank' really has no bearing on one's status whatsoever) were just flipped, and because bugbears are in the middle, they weren't changed at all.

Charity
2008-04-01, 07:50 PM
*mutter mutter* still no bugbear for Chaz *grumble*

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-04-01, 08:32 PM
Well how many posts do you need before you get bugbear and stuff?

Sneak
2008-04-01, 08:46 PM
We do not publish the post counts to which these corrolate. Please do not discuss post counts and user titles, but do feel free to courteously link users who raise the issue to this announcement. Thank you.

Link. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)

Szilard
2008-04-01, 09:02 PM
I was about to say the number, but you're on your own.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-04-01, 09:22 PM
So just FMI, whats so bad about talking about user titles? And honestly, if its going to be that much of a "don't talk about them" kind of thing, why have post-based user titles and not like, custom user titles? Just curious.

Sneak
2008-04-01, 09:27 PM
I dunno.

I guess the mods just don't want post titles to be associated with any sort of ranking or 'superiority.' I'm not sure why they think the best way to accomplish that is to ban all talk on the subject, but meh. It's not like it really makes such a huge difference anyway.

As for your second question...you'd have to ask the mods. I assume it's just a because they want custom titles to be a special 'exclusive' thing for the mods and admins (i.e. Lilly gets to be Browncoat itP, Roland is/was Gunslinger itP, etc.).

Pocketa
2008-04-01, 10:21 PM
Actually, they're all lying.

Today, your rank corresponds to your physical attractiveness.

and now you know

Roland St. Jude
2008-04-01, 10:29 PM
So just FMI, whats so bad about talking about user titles? And honestly, if its going to be that much of a "don't talk about them" kind of thing, why have post-based user titles and not like, custom user titles? Just curious.

Sheriff of Moddingham: Please see the thread linked above (and stickied at the top of this subforum). It's the official statement on post counts and user titles.