2008-04-01, 09:43 PM
A sense of humor? Maybe. A good one? Now THAT is a question. :smalltongue:

Dode
2008-04-01, 09:47 PM
Dungeons & Dragons v 4.__

Excellent.

tyckspoon
2008-04-01, 09:47 PM
The game that sheet belongs to would probably make a pretty good beer-and-pretzels style game like Ninja Burger, actually. Stripped down system with a bunch of oddities that you can only take seriously when slightly drunk.. oh, and a significant omission. Cool factors into just about everything but doesn't seem to have a box on the sheet to be recorded.

SadisticFishing
2008-04-01, 09:50 PM
I think the "Do not pass Go" bit of the death section is the funniest (read: only) part.

shadow_archmagi
2008-04-01, 09:52 PM
Race_______ /half________/half___________/half________

Brilliant!

Reinboom
2008-04-01, 09:52 PM
I'm rather fond of the decepticon and autobots alignments...
Nifty. A bit too much playing on "cool" however.

Swordguy
2008-04-01, 09:57 PM
The "mana type" section was a nice touch, after the half/half/half bit. Overall, I can see this as the ACTUAL PC sheet for D&D 6e, with the way the game's been developing.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-04-01, 09:57 PM
I really like the Skillz: Cheatin’ awe, Mad awe, Rulez Lawyering awe, Smack Talk cml.

Ralfarius
2008-04-01, 10:11 PM
I am all about Ultratouch and Feydar, up ins.

Copacetic
2008-04-01, 10:13 PM
Skill(Cheatin') Wins. Go Wizards, this one rocked.

The_Snark
2008-04-01, 10:17 PM
I think the "Do not pass Go" bit of the death section is the funniest (read: only) part.

The "Mostly Dead" box and the rock-paper-scissors icons under Initiative were also funny, I thought.

The odd thing is, I knew a character who actually could have made use of a space on his sheet marked "Badgers".

Ascension
2008-04-01, 10:20 PM
I love the alignment section.

The question is, where's the Starscream alignment? Everybody knows he only serves himself.

mikeejimbo
2008-04-01, 10:21 PM
I like the Mad Skillz, myself.

I do like how they're sticking their tongue out at people who are saying it's becoming too much like WoW.

Meat Shield
2008-04-01, 10:24 PM
My spirit shaman no longer detects the presence of spirits - he has 'Feydar'. Love it.

Kurald Galain
2008-04-02, 04:43 AM
Again with the lamenesss... wow, WOTC really fails at humor this year. I've seen funnier text on a Magic: the Gathering card.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-04-02, 08:27 AM
Too many references.

Project_Mayhem
2008-04-02, 10:27 AM
(quote)I've seen funnier text on a Magic: the Gathering card(/quote)

Thats because Unglued and Unlisted (or whatever Unglued 2 was called) exist.

Anyway, the sheet made me chuckle at least

Talic
2008-04-02, 11:38 AM
The game that sheet belongs to would probably make a pretty good beer-and-pretzels style game like Ninja Burger, actually. Stripped down system with a bunch of oddities that you can only take seriously when slightly drunk.. oh, and a significant omission. Cool factors into just about everything but doesn't seem to have a box on the sheet to be recorded.

Because if you have to ask if you have cool...

You don't.

koldstare
2008-04-02, 11:47 AM
Thats because Unglued and Unlisted (or whatever Unglued 2 was called) exist.

It's Unhinged, and overall the sheet was predictable, and not funny. They were trying to be to funny all at once. With all of the "4e is bad" type forums and blogs I think this joke was in very bad taste.

Edit: Also 'Cool' is one of the 'skillz' on the sheet

Were-Sandwich
2008-04-02, 12:19 PM
I think it was all quite funny. It would make a decent RPG, I think. WOTC should put the guys who come up with the April Fools in charge of actual product development. The Duel Decks: Ninjas versus Pirates from the magic site should definetly have been made for real. They'd already done all the skull-sweat for it, its just a matter of turning it over to the printers, and loads of people would buy it.

skeeter_dan
2008-04-02, 05:24 PM
It's Unhinged, and overall the sheet was predictable, and not funny. They were trying to be to funny all at once. With all of the "4e is bad" type forums and blogs I think this joke was in very bad taste.

Edit: Also 'Cool' is one of the 'skillz' on the sheet

Dude, chill out. I found it very humourous, with plenty of subtlety in some places. You actually consider this to be in bad taste? Dead baby jokes are in bad taste; this, not so much.

I do wonder how much of that character sheet is actually real...

UserClone
2008-04-02, 05:38 PM
Maybe someone should write the RPG for that sheet in homebrew - I know I'd give it a whirl.

Leliel
2008-04-02, 05:54 PM
I can't take a joke.

Dude. Learn to loosen up man.

I, on the other hand, LOL'd.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-04-02, 05:57 PM
With all of the "4e is bad" type forums and blogs I think this joke was in very bad taste.

Those forums and blogs are precisely the reason why it's funny.

It also references "comeliness", the stupid 7th ability score that people have been wanting to add since 1st edition, Victory Points from oldstyle wargames (which Experiance Points are just an evolution of), d20 modern and Starwars d20, Monopoly, 3.5 being stupid, Transformers, weapon speed (similar to another 2nd edition thing), Infravision and bizare saving throws (actual pre 3rd edition D&D) and even has some useful things like 2 misc boxes on the AC chart.

Scintillatus
2008-04-02, 06:09 PM
I think it's absolutely hilarious. They've gently made fun of all the doom-sayers without being rude or malicious, and they've thrown in some pop culture references at the same time. And not like "Teh Haloz", but Napoleon Dynamite and Firefly. And I have nothing but encouragement for that.

chevalier
2008-04-03, 08:38 AM
I think it's absolutely hilarious. They've gently made fun of all the doom-sayers without being rude or malicious, and they've thrown in some pop culture references at the same time. And not like "Teh Haloz", but Napoleon Dynamite and Firefly. And I have nothing but encouragement for that.

I think I missed the Firefly reference; what was it?

I am so glad that someone else thought this would make a good homebrew RPG!

truemane
2008-04-03, 08:50 AM
Dead baby jokes are in bad taste; this, not so much.

What's the difference between a truck-load of dead babies and a truck-load of bowling balls?

You can't unload a truck-load of bowling balls with a pitchfork!

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck.

Finding 'Bo Staff' under Skillz made my entire day.

Roderick_BR
2008-04-03, 10:39 AM
With all of the "4e is bad" type forums and blogs I think this joke was in very bad taste.That's the reason April Fools exists at all...