PDA

View Full Version : Does a feat like this exist?

matthewmw64
2008-04-01, 11:26 PM
Hi All,

Is there such a feat or other effect that removes movement penalties for Medium and above Armours?

Thanks,
Matthew

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-01, 11:29 PM
Apart from Dwarf racial feature, I heard there was an armour enhancement (+3~+4 or something) that treats the armour as a light armour no matter what kind armour it actually is. I'm not sure about that though.

Xefas
2008-04-01, 11:42 PM
While it doesn't directly solve your problem, an item of permanent Longstrider (which adds +10 feet to your movement speed) is only 2,000gp.

So, +1 Full Plate of the Longstrider would cost 1500 (base), +150 (masterwork), +1000 (+1 bonus), +2000 (+10 feet movement), for a total of 4,650gp. While it is still Heavy Armor, a human would have a 30ft movement speed in it.

Or just buy Boots of Striding and Sprinting...

Stycotl
2008-04-01, 11:53 PM
some of the exotic material types negate penalties to movement and armor check. i'm trying to remember the one from arms and equp, elf moon ivy, or something...

koldstare
2008-04-02, 12:08 AM
You could simply go mithral with a medium armor to make it light.

BardicDuelist
2008-04-02, 12:09 AM
There is the knight class feature, Armory Mastery. Other than that, I don't think there is any feat that directly removes the penalty, but certain enhancements will be able to effectively negate it (as noted above).

Tsotha-lanti
2008-04-02, 12:11 AM
Knight (PHB2) class ability (Armor Mastery), Champion of Corellon Larethian (RoW) class ability (Armored Grace? I forget if it actually affects speed, or just Max Dex), mithral (for medium armor only)...

Nebo_
2008-04-02, 12:11 AM
Knights get it as a class ability at 7th, IIRC.

Darrin
2008-04-06, 10:14 PM
Is there such a feat or other effect that removes movement penalties for Medium and above Armours?

Found it. Tooth of Savnok, one of the Teeth of Dahlver-Nar. 2000 GP magic item, available online:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20060302b&page=1

It involves binding magic, and there are some odd drawbacks... first of all, it looks like someone confused Savnok's ability with Aym's... I don't think Savnok was a dwarf and binding him does nothing to your movement ability, while binding Aym does give you the dwarf movement ability.

Second, it assumes you failed the binding role and you must observe Savnok's influence, or incur a -1 penalty on all attacks, saves, and skill checks. This means you can never, ever take off any kind of armor, shield or AC boosting item or you take the penalty until you remove the tooth. Which is easy enough to do, and you can just put it back in, but it takes 24 hours for the ability to take effect. Which could get really annoying.

You could also take one level of binder and bind Aym for the same ability, and at least there you have a chance of making the binding roll and ignoring the influence/penalty, but it can be a wonky dip and not very optimal.