PDA

View Full Version : Need Stats...stat!

Burley
2008-04-02, 10:43 AM
I'm looking for the stats on the Collapsing Crescent Fan, from Sandstorm. Could somebody post all the stats, including price, damage, crit range, weight and everything else, as well as the word-for-word typed description.

I know it's asking for a lot, but I may be able to get the weapon added to my ninja's proficiency list, since my DM is in a good mood. I don't have my books with me, and I need to act fast.

Me in the Playgroung needs Help in the Playground!

Lucyfur
2008-04-02, 01:06 PM
Is this an April Fools joke? You're a day late!

Solo
2008-04-02, 01:13 PM
I'm looking for the stats on the Collapsing Crescent Fan, from Sandstorm. Could somebody post all the stats, including price, damage, crit range, weight and everything else, as well as the word-for-word typed description.

I know it's asking for a lot, but I may be able to get the weapon added to my ninja's proficiency list, since my DM is in a good mood. I don't have my books with me, and I need to act fast.

Me in the Playgroung needs Help in the Playground!

IMHO, the Collapsing Crescent Fan isn't worth it.

You're better off using the money to hire a lazy Shadowcraft Mage to do the fighting for you.

Darrin
2008-04-02, 02:01 PM

Stats are identical to a short sword, except for price and damage type: 40 GP and slashing. As for the description, it's almost all fluff... it folds up to something the size of a wand, can be spread open with a flick of the wrist... it doesn't specificy whether this requires an action, but I would assume it would be a free action to unfurl. The only mechanical benefit is a +4 attack bonus on a flat-footed target. So, not all that useful unless you're using a feat like Shadow Puppet Jutsu (Dragon #342) or ToB, which has several strikes that treat the target as flat-footed.

Very similar to a war fan, from Arms & Equipment Guide, but the War Fan has a 20/x3 crit, and uses a bluff vs. sense motive check for a +4 attack bonus for the first round of combat (no mention of whether this feint requires a specific typeof action).