PDA

View Full Version : V Is In Trouble

Gamerlord
2008-04-02, 02:30 PM
it states in the MM that hobgoblins HATE elfes and always attack them first that means they'll attack him and not the meat shild redshirts during the final battle

Paladin29
2008-04-02, 02:38 PM
I don´t think it´s a problem to Vaarsuvius, in the final Battle she will has the ultimate arcane power, a hobgoblin army is nothing to superV!!!!

boomwolf
2008-04-02, 02:56 PM
I don't think the giant cares much about the official DnD books.

Morty
2008-04-02, 03:03 PM
Given his "accurate" description of hobgoblin tactics here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0436.html), I'd find it hilarious if V gets trampled by hobgoblins -or someone else- after severely underestimating them.

monty
2008-04-02, 04:49 PM
Just remember - everything in the Monster Manual is a lie. It's all anti-goblin propaganda.

CultofBanjulhu
2008-04-02, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I really don't think Vaarsuvius has to worry about hobgoblins:vaarsuvius:

Calinero
2008-04-02, 11:50 PM
Although I'm sure that the hobgoblins would love to sink their pointy fangs and pointier weapons into tender elf flesh, the fact remains that he is a spellcaster, and would doubtlessly have several ranks of soldiers in front of him. They would not physically be able to reach him without killing the soldiers in their way.

holywhippet
2008-04-02, 11:53 PM
If V has hit epic or near epic level when the final battle arrives then I'd suspect he/she will have an AC so high that only a hobgoblin rolling a 20 will get through. Even then, things like stoneskin will prevent any actual damage. Meanwhile V will be using some really high level spells to wipe out the hobgoblin army.

Calinero
2008-04-02, 11:58 PM
If V has hit epic or near epic level when the final battle arrives then I'd suspect he/she will have an AC so high that only a hobgoblin rolling a 20 will get through. Even then, things like stoneskin will prevent any actual damage. Meanwhile V will be using some really high level spells to wipe out the hobgoblin army.

I don't see that happening. If there's no possibility of something bad happening to the characters, then it's not interesting. Bad drama. If V and the rest of the group get that strong, they'll probably be too busy fighting Xykon or the Snarl.

curtis
2008-04-03, 03:43 PM
In the FINAL battle, V will probably have "said the right four words at the right time to the ringt person for all the wrong reasons".

She will either wipe out the hobgoblins or have not done this yet.

HamsterOfTheGod
2008-04-03, 06:27 PM
Heh...I thought by the title this was a not so unexpected V's gender / pregnancy thread combo... V's in trouble...in the family way...

Phase
2008-04-03, 06:40 PM
Who says thre will be one final battle, that's too cliché...

drengnikrafe
2008-04-03, 08:44 PM
Well, if Nale is in the "Final Battle", that would actually make perfect sense, now wouldn't it?

kabbor
2008-04-04, 01:30 AM
In the FINAL battle, V will probably have "said the right four words at the right time to the ringt person for all the wrong reasons".

My theory is that he has already said them, but we, and, for that matter, V herself, do not know their significance.

A second theory is that the oracle is a Naustradamic fraud, aware that, if you make your predictions vague enough, the victims will come up with their own answers.

Felixaar
2008-04-04, 05:45 AM
Given his "accurate" description of hobgoblin tactics here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0436.html), I'd find it hilarious if V gets trampled by hobgoblins -or someone else- after severely underestimating them.

Oh, hell yes. That would be awesome.

Kish
2008-04-04, 06:15 AM
A second theory is that the oracle is a Naustradamic fraud, aware that, if you make your predictions vague enough, the victims will come up with their own answers.
Start of Darkness spoiler:
If that was the case, Eugene would never have learned the name of the sorcerer who killed Fyron.

brilliantlight
2008-04-04, 07:34 AM
I can't see hobgoblins being much of a threat to :vaarsuvius: . Unless there are a few hundred against her by herself she is going to blast them to smithereens.

curtis
2008-04-05, 03:18 PM
Who says thre will be one final battle, that's too cliché...

True. Final battles are cliche.