PDA

View Full Version : Can you take Immediate Action while Flat-footed?

Frosty
2008-04-02, 03:28 PM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can't take immediate actions if you are flat-footed. Where is that rule found? And does that only count for Flat-Footed at the beginning of combat, or Flat-footed anytime?

Douglas
2008-04-02, 03:31 PM
That rule is in the definition of immediate actions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#immediateActions), which can be found at the link I just gave or in a sidebar somewhere in any of the many splatbooks that use immediate actions. It applies to whenever you are flat-footed regardless of the cause, but take note that "flat-footed" and "denied dex to AC" are not the same.

Mavian
2008-04-02, 03:32 PM
From the SRD

Immediate Actions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#immediateActions)

Using an immediate action on your turn is the same as using a swift action, and counts as your swift action for that turn. You cannot use another immediate action or a swift action until after your next turn if you have used an immediate action when it is not currently your turn (effectively, using an immediate action before your turn is equivalent to using your swift action for the coming turn). You also cannot use an immediate action if you are flat-footed.

@Edit: Ninja'd. That's what I get for bolding the text. :smallamused:

Frosty
2008-04-02, 03:39 PM
Bwahaha! I just found another use for Distract Assailant! A Warblade who pumped Concentration is auto-passing a lot of Will Saves. Having an enemy who knows Distract Assailant every now and then will help.

The_Snark
2008-04-02, 03:52 PM
Of course, Distract Assailant allows a Will save to negate it.

It still works, because the warblade will have just expended Moment of Perfect Mind... almost a catch-22, but not quite.

Emperor Tippy
2008-04-02, 03:57 PM
This is what the extended/persisted Foresight is for. :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Tippy
2008-04-02, 04:05 PM
This is what the extended/persisted Foresight is for. :smallbiggrin:

Frosty
2008-04-02, 04:33 PM
Of course, Distract Assailant allows a Will save to negate it.

It still works, because the warblade will have just expended Moment of Perfect Mind... almost a catch-22, but not quite.

Correct, but said Warblade has a Will save of +0. He can't make the save for the Distract Assailant except on a natural 20. If he expends his Counter to make that save, then he doesn't have an immediate action for the actual spell.