PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers?

Scalenex
2008-04-02, 03:54 PM
Unless Rich Burlew lets something slip, is a spoiler a spoiler?

Everytime I glance on this forum there are many spoilers, very few of them come to pass.

On this forum, Spoiler is a fancy word for guess or occasionally a far fetched "what if?"

If said guess becomes correct, it's not a spoiler it's a good guess or lucky guess.

Quorothorn
2008-04-02, 04:22 PM
The way I understand it is this: Mr. Burlew does not wish to read of our epileptic trees, apparently for fear that if any of them are on-target, he'll have an urge to change things just to avoid predictability. Thus, all board speculation is put in spoiler tags so he can avoid it.

FujinAkari
2008-04-02, 04:23 PM
Rich has specifically asked that all predictions towards future events be marked in spoiler tags. He feels an urge to change the plot if someone "guesses" where he is going, and so he would prefer not to know what people are predicting.

Trizap
2008-04-02, 04:28 PM
tip: just ignore the "spoilers" and all the threads about whether V is a guy or a girl, on second thought just pretty much ignore all or most of the threads except for Comic #'s thread, this forum is pretty much nothing but crackpottheorymania.

BisectedBrioche
2008-04-02, 05:33 PM
Remember: Hide your guesses to avoid messes ¬_¬

verloren
2008-04-03, 07:45 AM
Here I always just assume Spoiler = Spec

The way I understand it is this: Mr. Burlew does not wish to read of our epileptic trees, apparently for fear that if any of them are on-target,

Perfectly understandable. Pete Abrams over at Sluggy.com never goes into the chat now. Apparently once someone made a speculation about where one particular story was headed, and he was right. He then got extremely offended at the artist for 'stealing his work'. Apparently what webtoonists do is lurk in their own forums, wait until someone posts a good idea then pounces on it, then really quickly re-plan the next year of storylines around that one guys posts. Bad.
Gods, if I made a speculation and turned out to be right I'd go "Cool, I was right!" Not "You dirty lying stealing ****!!"

Zherog
2008-04-03, 11:05 AM
The other concern Rich had was for the part of the community that doesn't want to speculate, just discuss. These people just want to go along for the ride, and reading a prediction tends to ruin the story for them. Marking threads or posts as "spoilers" allow those people to avoid things that ruin their fun.

Prowl
2008-04-03, 01:54 PM
I just like the little green boxes, myself.

Zherog
2008-04-04, 10:16 AM
I just like the little green boxes, myself.

Rawhide will tell you they're not green...

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-04-04, 02:12 PM
Rawhide will tell you they're not green...
And I will tell you they're a nice undead shade of green-grey. It's all the rage with the ghouls.

Morgan Wick
2008-04-04, 04:14 PM
tip: just ignore the "spoilers" and all the threads about whether V is a guy or a girl, on second thought just pretty much ignore all or most of the threads except for Comic #'s thread, this forum is pretty much nothing but crackpottheorymania.

In fact, so are the comic threads!

The traditional definition of "spoiler" applies only to Origin of PCs and SoD because the comics themselves are easily available on the website.