PDA

View Full Version : Bluff...

Sofaking
2008-04-03, 11:22 AM
So I'm playing an invisible blade/rogue who relies on his bluff skill heavily in combat to get SA without flanking or other standard ways. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me boost my bluff skill (Feats, Items, Spells) or other interesting uses/stories for the bluff skill. I can use most source books as my DM has most everything, but I'm not sure what I can limit it to until I can get it cleared by him.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-03, 11:26 AM
A one level dip into the Exemplar prestige class gives you a +4 unnamed bonus to one skill of your choice as well as Skill Mastery. That may help :)

riddles
2008-04-03, 11:30 AM
improved feint. doesn't work on all though...

Sofaking
2008-04-03, 11:45 AM
improved feint. doesn't work on all though...

Well the joy of the invisible blade is that you can feint as a free action anyway. I don't have my book but I believe the class gives you improved feint.

Dr Bwaa
2008-04-03, 11:47 AM
First: Why do you need to boost it? What in the Nine Hells has a Sense Motive that matches any sort of decent bluff check?

Second: Circlet of persuasion
Third: Flick of the Wrist (feat) is really nice, I think it's in CS
Fourth: not that it works in this context, but Glibness is the most broken thing ever
Fifth: not sure if it technically works, but it should, and I'd houserule it to give you a bonus at least: mirror image

Chronos
2008-04-03, 11:59 AM
A one level dip into the Exemplar prestige class gives you a +4 unnamed bonus to one skill of your choice as well as Skill Mastery. That may help :)Alas, no... It's a Competence bonus, the same type of bonus that's given by most spells and magic items which boost skills. It does, at least, work in an antimagic field, and some of the later options in the PrC depend on having Skill Artistry in a particular skill, so it's not useless.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-03, 12:36 PM
Complete Scoundrel had a few skill tricks(2 skill points spent to give you a benefit of some sort to a skill) that affected feinting. I recommend a look. Also, you won't ever run into anything that is better at Sense Motive than you are at Bluff, so why are you worried?

Sofaking
2008-04-03, 12:39 PM
First: Why do you need to boost it? What in the Nine Hells has a Sense Motive that matches any sort of decent bluff check?

Because when using it in combat to feint my enemies can add their BAB to their sense motive. And I take penalties for feinting nonhumanoids and things with 1 or 2 int scores.