PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy

Gorbash
2008-04-03, 12:03 PM
Is there a spell (4th and below) which gives a bonus on diplomacy checks? And I can't charm the person with whom I will parlay, since it's undead, so I just need a spell which will boost up my skill. Thanks in advance.

Draz74
2008-04-03, 12:19 PM
There's that Level 1 Bard spell that gives you a certain number of points (based on caster level) to spend on any skill check ...

... or there's always Guidance. Every little +1 helps.

Keld Denar
2008-04-03, 12:24 PM
Arcane, Divine, or Otherwise?

Divine Insight is a 2nd level cleric divination that adds CL to one skill check made within CL hours of casting, to a max of 10. It can give the bonus to any skill check of your choice, so just choose Diplomacy.

And yes, there is a bard spell...I forgot what it was, but it does something similar by adding your Bard CL to a list of skils or something....shoot. I'm feeling Mind Blanked....

Zenos
2008-04-03, 12:27 PM
I'm feeling Mind Blanked....

Don't you mean Feebleminded? mind Blanked means we cannot scry on you.

*Tries to scry on the other Playgrounders.*

Gorbash
2008-04-03, 12:27 PM
Oh, I forgot. I'm an 8th lvl Wizard. Wizard 7/Earth Dreamer 1, actually, but basically the same.

EDIT: Found it. Voice of the Dragon, 4th lvl transmutation spell. Though I'm still taking suggestions on lower lvl spells.

Cainen
2008-04-03, 01:15 PM
The Bard spell you're looking for is Improvisation. It's in the Spell Compendium.

LoneGamer
2008-04-03, 01:33 PM
Eagle's Splendor for +2 to your CHA mod?

Chronos
2008-04-03, 01:34 PM
Heroism gives a +2 morale bonus on all skill checks, among others. Greater Heroism is +4, but that's higher than 4th.

And, of course, there's Eagle's Splendor, but you probably already thought of that.

Gorbash
2008-04-03, 02:33 PM
Yeah, that's +2, wouldn't do much to my existing +1... Voice of the Dragon is the best option as it seems (gives +10 on bluff, diplomacy and intimidate), although it does take up a lvl 4 slot... But I'll have to use it since we'll have to talk with the Ghostlord (RHoD) and the only other character in the party who has a good diplomacy is a druid, so I can't expect much help from him with Ghostlord being a Blighter. I might even throw a Heroism in too, just to be sure for a total of +13 on diplomacy...

Thanks for advice everyone :)

sikyon
2008-04-03, 02:44 PM
Yeah, that's +2, wouldn't do much to my existing +1... Voice of the Dragon is the best option as it seems (gives +10 on bluff, diplomacy and intimidate), although it does take up a lvl 4 slot... But I'll have to use it since we'll have to talk with the Ghostlord (RHoD) and the only other character in the party who has a good diplomacy is a druid, so I can't expect much help from him with Ghostlord being a Blighter. I might even throw a Heroism in too, just to be sure for a total of +13 on diplomacy...

Thanks for advice everyone :)

Try seeing if you can buy a custom magic item. a +1 competance item's only 100 GP and every little bit can help!

Chronos
2008-04-03, 03:40 PM
One other option: Do you have a familiar? If it can make a DC 10 on a Diplomacy check (which it can, since you're sharing spells with it), it can Aid Another to give you a +2 on your check. If your DM wants justification, it's letting you know through the empathic link when something came across the wrong way.

Gorbash
2008-04-03, 04:04 PM
No, didn't want to risk losing XP over it, it's too much bother trying to keep it our of harm's way...