PDA

View Full Version : A Wii for me

Nota Biene
2008-04-03, 01:50 PM
Hooray! I'm getting a Wii for my 21st birthday! Oh no, what game(s) should I buy?

I'm a very casual gamer in college, who doesn't do well with button mashers. I like the Wii's "bring folks together for light fun" angle, and hope to capitalize on that. RPGs are cool, but I'm open to all suggestions.

With a pretty tight budget, I'm hoping Nintendo vets can help me make a wise decision. What delivers the most awesome, and preferably the most communal awesome, for the bucks, especially for someone who is a bit (okay, a lot) video-game impaired?

Thanks!

DraPrime
2008-04-03, 03:38 PM
An obvious choice is Super Smash Bros Brawl. Twilight Princess was a pretty awesome game, as was Super Mario Galaxy.

curtis
2008-04-03, 03:51 PM
I agree. The last two games on his list are brill (haven't played the other).

Rogue 7
2008-04-03, 03:52 PM
You've already got a lot of group fun with Wii Sports. And I can't recommend Brawl enough, though most people who have played melee will want gamecube controllers. You can literally play this game for days without it getting old. Easy to pick up and fun to play even if you all suck.:smalltongue:

For insanely crazy gaming, WarioWare is so funny it shouldn't be legal (and the drugs they smoked to come up with it probably aren't), and another great party game. There's DDR and Guitar Hero, but no one cares about DDR anymore and Guitar Hero's expensive.

For single-player, Twilight Princess- yes. Very yes. Metroid and Galaxy also come highly recommended, but I haven't had the chance to play them personally very much.

Theork
2008-04-03, 04:54 PM
If you want group games then "Wii sports" and "Super smash bro's" are solid choices, although you may want two controllers.
If you want a game that will last awihle, has a good storyline and is relatily easy to play then Twilight Princess is brilliant.
Heck, one of the reasons I bought the wii was for this game!

Wii play not only includes a few fun two player games, but comes with a free remote.

Ziren
2008-04-04, 04:45 PM
Everything that has already been mentioned and Super Paper Mario. Sure, it's so easy that it almost hurts, but so is Twilight Princess.