PDA

View Full Version : Why is Tsukiko being left in the dark?

Alex Warlorn
2008-04-03, 06:35 PM
"Gate? What Gate?" Why has Tsukiko not been told about the keys to ultimate power? Do they A) plan to kill her once they have a gate under control, or at some other point once she's served her purpose, B) don't want to her to know so she won't make a power grab for herself, C) So she won't blab it all to whatever god she worships?

Tsukiko is very obviously loyal to Xykon and NOT redcloak, the real question is what Redcloak told Xykon to convince him to not mention it. Then again, Xykon is very callous about details, and may have simply neglected to tell her, and Redcloak has ZERO desire to tell her.

Redcloak's hypocracy to his evil alingment grows even more. Not only is he *SPOILERS* fighting for the good of his entire race, *SPOILERS* he is also being hypocrtical towards his own prejudice for humans since Tsukiko is alive, unlike Xykon, and is still human.

HamsterOfTheGod
2008-04-03, 07:10 PM
Redcloak's hypocracy to his evil alingment grows even more.

I agree. I can't stand evil hypocrites. That's why I like Belkar and Stalin and hate Redcloak and USA.

paladinofshojo
2008-04-03, 07:22 PM
"Gate? What Gate?" Why has Tsukiko not been told about the keys to ultimate power? Do they A) plan to kill her once they have a gate under control, or at some other point once she's served her purpose, B) don't want to her to know so she won't make a power grab for herself, C) So she won't blab it all to whatever god she worships?

Tsukiko is very obviously loyal to Xykon and NOT redcloak, the real question is what Redcloak told Xykon to convince him to not mention it. Then again, Xykon is very callous about details, and may have simply neglected to tell her, and Redcloak has ZERO desire to tell her.

Redcloak's hypocracy to his evil alingment grows even more. Not only is he *SPOILERS* fighting for the good of his entire race, *SPOILERS* he is also being hypocrtical towards his own prejudice for humans since Tsukiko is alive, unlike Xykon, and is still human.

Knowing Xykon he probably didn't mention anything about the gate becuase he was too busy having fun torturing O'chul, and I agree that Redcloak wouldn't tell someone, who he believes is scum, the secret of a weapon that can destroy the gods themselves. But it's also equally possible that Redcloak has been too busy playing manager of Azure City to go over the details of their plans or that Tsukiko never bothered to ask what Xykon's agenda was.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-04-03, 07:32 PM
Then again, Xykon is very callous about details, and may have simply neglected to tell her, and Redcloak has ZERO desire to tell her.

You pretty much answered your own question. Xykon doesn't care about his minions, it's up to the minion to figure things out. Tsukiko whined that Redcloak tried to kill her during her hiring process, Xykon blew her off with a "Suck it up, Newbie!"

And Redcloak wouldn't toss Tsukiko a bag of marshmallows if she was in a burning building. :smalltongue:

Chronos
2008-04-03, 07:45 PM
I think the likeliest explanation is that Tsukiko just never asked. She gets to hang out with an über-powerful lich (who's probably incredibly sexy, from her point of view), she can indulge in all the necromancy she likes without getting in trouble, she gets to lead her own death squad... What's not to like? She doesn't care what the overarching Plan is; she's perfectly happy already.

dogmac
2008-04-03, 07:46 PM
Do you tell new staff all the details of your business?

I doubt it. She may be hanging around with Xygon but she is still a newbie.

paladinofshojo
2008-04-03, 08:24 PM

I doubt it. She may be hanging around with Xykon but she is still a newbie.

Depends on the type of employee your hiring, if you were hiring some office-boy of course not! But if you were hiring someone who you need to disclose details to ensure the prosperity of your company, like a lawyer or a financial advisor, then you probably have no choice. Redclaok probably thinks its dangerous to tell someone who he probably can't trust and Xykon probably doesn't care..Ohh and for fun here's a pyramid of what I think that the heirarchy of "Team Evil's" business if they where in reality....

:xykon: Corporate Executive Officer, formerly a really wealthy heir who had decided to spend his fortunes on a forming a billion dollar empire on the advice of his financial manager. However, since he's incharge he has his financial manager take care of all the details while he just sits on his cushy chair accumulating wealth and power. He doesn't really care about his business at all becuase he always has something to fall back on.

:redcloak: Chief financial manager, for most of his life, he had the drive to accomplish his goals, he knows he can't accomplish that alone so he convinces the biggest influental idiot he can find to form a billion dollar industry so that he can accomplish his goals. He takes care of all the mundane tasks such as employment, board meetings, ect. Unlike the Corporate Exectuive Officer he actually cares about the company becuase it's all he has and has a loathing to be under the heel of such an ignorant jerk.

:tsukiko: CEO's private secretary, she just relays messages from her bosses to and from their corporate rivals. She's valuable so that her bosses don't have time to do more important things (or just slack off) but she's ultimately replacable.

:monster in the darkness: back up business plan, let's face it everyone needs a backup plan. This top secret mystery is barely used and is kept under lock and key. It will only be used when the time is right to be used and until then will have to remain a secret. Is guessed to be incredibly effective as why the CEO doesn't want anyone else to know about it.

Remirach
2008-04-03, 08:39 PM
Information like that is best given out on a need-to-know basis, and Tsukiko doesn't have to know about the Gates to do what Xykon wants of her. I recall (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0484.html) that he blew off her question about Dorokoan's headband, too. Heh, I wonder if they ever even bothered to clear that up for her -- it'd be hilarious if she still didn't know about Cloister, especially given the hoopla over whether or not HALEY should have guessed it.

Bogardan_Mage
2008-04-03, 10:46 PM
D) Never bothered to tell her because it doesn't make any difference one way or the other whether or not she knows.

Yeah, clearly Redcloak didn't tell Tsukiko because of her race. It has absolutely nothing to do with any other, more likely, factor. Obviously.

Alex Warlorn
2008-04-03, 10:56 PM

I doubt it. She may be hanging around with Xygon but she is still a newbie.

WHo is this Xygon? And why is Tsukiko two timing her master?

Alex Warlorn
2008-04-03, 11:02 PM
D) Never bothered to tell her because it doesn't make any difference one way or the other whether or not she knows.

Yeah, clearly Redcloak didn't tell Tsukiko because of her race. It has absolutely nothing to do with any other, more likely, factor. Obviously.

Yeah... the master has a new favorite!

Bogardan_Mage
2008-04-03, 11:08 PM
Yeah... the master has a new favorite!
Um, excuse me? I don't understand you, and I somewhat doubt you understood me.