PDA

View Full Version : Only Comic Makers

SuperBelkar
2008-04-03, 09:41 PM
I have been making comics for a while now but I want to put them on the internet but. :I HAVE NO IDEA!:smallfrown: :smallfrown:

FoE
2008-04-03, 09:45 PM
No idea for a comic? Or no idea how to put them online? :smallconfused:

Or is that you have no idea how to use proper punctuation? Is that the case, Mr. Unnecessary Colon? :smalltongue:

Sneak
2008-04-03, 09:47 PM
I have been making comics for a while now but I want to put them on the internet but. :I HAVE NO IDEA!:smallfrown: :smallfrown:

Huh?

Neither do I. :smallconfused:

SuperBelkar
2008-04-03, 09:53 PM
so u guys have no idea either

Ego Slayer
2008-04-03, 09:55 PM
... Assuming I understand you correctly, you'll want to upload them to Photobucket or Imageshack.

Brickwall
2008-04-03, 09:57 PM
And you also want to go over to the Arts&Crafts thread.

FoE
2008-04-03, 10:00 PM
Why do you have your gender symbol turned to female, Brickwall? :smallconfused:

:smallsigh: OK, SuperBelkar: what the hell are you asking? What are we supposed to have an idea about? No one can give you an answer if we don't understand the question.

Raiser Blade
2008-04-03, 10:03 PM
No one can give you an answer if we don't understand the question.

Well we can but it probably won't be the answer he's looking for. :smalltongue:

Brickwall
2008-04-03, 10:11 PM
Why do you have your gender symbol turned to female, Brickwall? :smallconfused:

I can't remember having it at male, so it's not really a switch, guy. :smallconfused:

thubby
2008-04-03, 10:26 PM
should you? yes
how to get started? find some free web hosting (just a google away), then post a link here.

Nibleswick
2008-04-03, 10:56 PM
No idea for a comic? Or no idea how to put them online? :smallconfused:

Or is that you have no idea how to use proper punctuation? Is that the case, Mr. Unnecessary Colon? :smalltongue:

Hey, get it right, it is a semi-colon :smallbiggrin:

RTGoodman
2008-04-03, 11:00 PM
Hey, get it right, it is a semi-colon :smallbiggrin:

Nope, it's definitely a colon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colon_%28punctuation%29). A semicolon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semicolon)has a little tail.

Also, here's the website I use to host pictures, avatars, and such, since no one gave an actual link: Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com). Other sites allow you to host stuff, but I think Photobucket's the easiest.

Sensate
2008-04-04, 12:51 AM
The way he said it sounds like he wants to get into making webcomics, and while he has been doing well on the practice run, lacks the inspiration now to start a serious project.

Trazoi
2008-04-04, 12:58 AM
If you're looking for a place to host, there's a bunch of free webcomic hosting sites like DrunkDuck, ComicGenesis and SmackJeeves. Have a look at them to see which you prefer.

Alternatively, you can get web hosting and register a domain pretty cheaply these days, and then use something like ComicPress to handle the website.

However if your question means you're stuck for an idea, then I'm not sure about the best way to help you. Maybe look at some interesting part of your life you could turn into a running idea?

Nibleswick
2008-04-04, 01:47 AM
Nope, it's definitely a colon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colon_%28punctuation%29). A semicolon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semicolon)has a little tail.

Drat, you're right, this is why I hate being dyslexic. Oh well, I retract my previous statement.

Hazkali
2008-04-04, 05:19 PM
Whilst a little more information would be nice, here's some advice.

Firstly, if you've been making hard copies (i.e. not using a computer) then the first step would be to scan them in. Low-end scanners come in pretty cheap nowadays, but if the cost is still too much, your school or public library should have one.

Secondly, Photobucket is reasonable as far as a place to link images from; something like 1 GB storage, according to Wikipedia, so that should be good for a while.

Thirdly, assuming the content is appropriate for the Playground, post a couple using the image linking in the Arts and Crafts forum in a suitable post (using Spoiler tags if necessary).

If reception is good, you can then move to getting your own web hosting; Google does free web hosting at the moment (Googlepages), although you might want to go for something more independent, which is outside of my knowledge.

If your problem is generating ideas, then I would say stay firmly away from reading the genre that you intend to write for, unless your intention is pardoy, pastiche or plagarism. Read something completely different. Listen to music. Go for a walk. Take a bath. Of course, I can't vouch for the success of this- I haven't had an original idea in my life.

Felixaar
2008-04-05, 05:59 AM
Well we can but it probably won't be the answer he's looking for. :smalltongue:

The hell that'll stop us.