PDA

View Full Version : Figures?

J-H
2008-04-03, 10:35 PM
This may be OT, if so admins feel free to move to appropriate place.

I'm getting married in a bit under 3 months, and we would like to have wedding cake toppers that reflect "us" a bit more than the generic "tux and dress" couple. It's easy to find figures of various sizes and styles of a man with a sword on his back, etc... but very difficult to find anything appropriately sized for a woman, either with a gun or with a sword, that is dressed in something approaching normal clothing (as opposed to scantily clad).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

holywhippet
2008-04-03, 11:25 PM
Not exactly modern fashion, but take a look at these: http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/

DeathQuaker
2008-04-04, 01:51 PM
Non-scantily clad Modern figures are hard to find, though the Call of Cthulu range might have something up your alley.

The other thing would be to find someone who's willing to do custom conversions. I've often seen some Modern figs of women where I've thought, "Yeah, she needs a little more protection than that," but the oddly nice thing about them being scantily clad is that it's easy enough to sculpt on some clothing with some epoxy putty.

The problem is your timetable--under 3 mo; my experience is that a lot of modellers take their sweet time doing stuff. But check in your local area; if you don't know anyone and don't know where else to look, try a Games Workshop shop. If it's one of the GW Stores where people are nice (which unfortunately is only about a 40% chance) they might be able to hook you up (the other 60% of the time they'll tell you they can't do it unless you use Citadel models... :smallyuk: ).

I'd offer myself but I've got two huge (literally) projects on the table already that I have tight deadlines on.