PDA

View Full Version : 101 ways to kill a rabbit, or, Monty Python lives

kieza
2008-04-04, 01:44 AM
This is possibly the most depressing, and at the same time most hilarious combat that I have run in a long time. My party spent ten minutes trying to kill a rabbit. Here's how it went:

The rabbit started off as an artificer, who fell off of a scaffold after it was subjected to warp wood. Then it was polymorphed into a rabbit after narrowly avoiding a crossbow bolt. It then used a wand (no verbal component) to almost destroy a homunculus, and then it was missed by said construct's mace, after which it was missed by an astral construct trying to grapple it. Then it was encased in ectoplasm, hit with a mace, magic missiled, grabbed by a barbarian, thrown at a pile of alchemist’s fire (it missed), phantasmal killered (it saved), lightning stormed (it survived), and finally criticalled by the astral construct, which rolled a natural 1 and natural 20 on two simultaneous attacks. This reduced it to -7 HP, and it stabilized. The party artificer made sure it didn't have any more wands, then placed it on the ground and used his 8d6 lightning bolt wand to turn it into a pile of ashes.

Needless to say, it brought forth quotes involving the Energizer bunny, Monty Python, and Elmer Fudd. The ironic thing? It lasted three rounds longer than Merrix d'Cannith.

sonofzeal
2008-04-04, 02:00 AM
Niiiiiice!

I'm not sure rabbits can use wands, even if there's no verbal components involved. Still... pretty epic. ^^

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-04, 02:18 AM
So the rabbit was an artificer who was polymorphed into a rabbit; is that what you're saying?

kieza
2008-04-05, 03:43 AM
Yes, it made its save to keep spells and spell-like abilities, and it automatically kept its hitpoints. It reminded me of something I read once, where a demon apocalyptic unicorn was polymorphed into a demon apocalyptic...kitten. It shot hellfire and killed two people before they squished it. On a somewhat related topic, in the climactic battle of the campaign tonight, they killed the Lord of Blades and captured Merrix d'Cannith to be tried on charges of maintaining a creation forge after the Thronehold treaty.

Uncle_Putte
2008-04-05, 03:17 PM
First came a moment of disbelief. Then, reluctant awe. And finally, much snickering. Does it seem to anyone else, that the casters specializing in transmutation spells have all the fun?

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-04-05, 04:09 PM
First came a moment of disbelief. Then, reluctant awe. And finally, much snickering. Does it seem to anyone else, that the casters specializing in transmutation spells have all the fun?

Then they die.

mostlyharmful
2008-04-05, 04:31 PM
;4152846']Then they die.

But with Style baby!:smallwink:

And we all die sometime right? So what would you rather go with, a whimper or a OH GOD OH GOD GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFAAAAARRGGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!