PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your own corpse?

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-04, 08:17 AM
Imagine this scenario if you will. You and the rest of your party head out on a rather long (Say, a month or so) and dangerous job. Before you all go, you each leave a lock of hair and a sizable donation at a local large church, with instructions to be ressurrected if you haven't returned by month's end.

You're out on the job, things are going well, when suddenly, you die for some arbitrary DM-inflicted reason. No biggie; you're an adventurer, after all. Your friends gentle repose your corpse (Wouldn't want it to smell even worse than the typical adventurer, after all), toss it into a bag of holding, and continue on their way.

Eventually, they get back... to find that you have just been ressurrected by the cleric, who started with you when your party didn't return by the appointed date. You now have your own corpse, exactly like you in every way save for equipment and the fact that it is missing a lock of hair.

What do you do with it?

Khanderas
2008-04-04, 08:20 AM
Animate it as a zombie ?

Fishy
2008-04-04, 08:29 AM
Animate object gives you a decoy, training dummy, means to fake your own death, and trap-monkey all in one.

Also, make-outs. (http://xkcd.com/105/)

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-04, 08:34 AM
You can only be resurrected from a piece of you if that piece of you was a part of you when you die.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-04-04, 08:55 AM
Keep it in your attic as a momento and show it to your children years later and say "this is a momento of the time daddy got eaten by a dragon".

Jack_Simth
2008-04-04, 08:59 AM
You can only be resurrected from a piece of you if that piece of you was a part of you when you die.
With True Ressurection, you merely need some unambiguous way to identify the deceased. A lock of hair will do that.

its_all_ogre
2008-04-04, 10:10 AM
if you're evil leave it in someones house and frame them for murder
if you're good donate it to anatomy study
if you're CN eat it and say 'mmm i taste like chicken!'
:smallbiggrin:

Miles Invictus
2008-04-04, 10:19 AM
I would get it stuffed, place it in my living room, grow a goatee, and come up with a story about how I defeated my evil twin from another universe.

RandomLunatic
2008-04-04, 10:30 AM
Practical jokes.

Attilargh
2008-04-04, 10:37 AM
Cut off your arm, have it enchanted and wield it as a club.
Wait for someone to "need a hand".
????
Profit!

Parvum
2008-04-04, 10:43 AM
Try to ressurect it. See what happens.

Zenos
2008-04-04, 10:50 AM
Sell it as meat to a butcher.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-04, 11:02 AM
If it's my main character choice for Watchtower? Eat its brain.

The character is a Gestalt Mind Flayer Rebel (CG Paladin)//Illithid Slayer.

kjones
2008-04-04, 11:10 AM
Option 1: Decoy

Option 2: Suprise threesomes with your sweetie.

Trizap
2008-04-04, 11:20 AM
Try to ressurect it. See what happens.

what WOULD happen?

two yous?

evil twin?

switch bodies?

paradoxical explosion?

Nerd-o-rama
2008-04-04, 11:31 AM
Check his butt. It may have the secret of time travel tattooed on it.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-04, 11:34 AM
what WOULD happen?

two yous?

evil twin?

switch bodies?

paradoxical explosion?IIRC, your spirit has to be willing to come back. So, "I cast Resurrection on myself" would be followed by a telepathic message "(Your Name), a (Your Alignment) Cleric of (Your Deity), Wishes to Resurrect you. Accept/Decline?"

If you are stupid enough to accept, then comes the explosion. :smallwink:

batsofchaos
2008-04-04, 11:36 AM
Pose it dynamically, flesh-to-stone. Voila! Free statue in your likeness that was "sculpted in your honor" to woo the ladies with.

triforcel
2008-04-04, 11:51 AM
I would get it stuffed, place it in my living room, grow a goatee, and come up with a story about how I defeated my evil twin from another universe.

Wouldn't it be your good twin? Since the corpse can't grow a goatee.

triforcel
2008-04-04, 12:03 PM

Triaxx
2008-04-04, 12:33 PM
If a wizard, Magic Jar into your own body. One less resurrection.

Skullossus
2008-04-04, 03:21 PM
Oh man! What wouldn't you do! It would be hilarious and useful.

Have your allies turn your dead body in for a reward at your nemisis' lair. They claim to have switched sides and killed you as proof. Then they totally spy on him/her/it and destroy them from the inside!

Go our to costume parties as Siamese twins via Weekend at Bernies.

Realize the back of your head is shaped funny from all those mace hits.

Best Flesh Golem ever: you + awesome dead thing, like your torso on a horse to make a centaur or go big and make it a beholder or something!

I like Miles' idea best, though!

LibraryOgre
2008-04-04, 03:43 PM
Best Flesh Golem ever: you + awesome dead thing, like your torso on a horse to make a centaur or go big and make it a beholder or something!

"You like monkeys
You like ponies
Maybe you don't like monsters so much
Maybe I used too many monkeys..." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ryNJVreiY&feature=PlayList&p=75D14CB684199303&index=8)

thubby
2008-04-04, 04:01 PM
first, see your back, how many chances are you gong to get to do that?

second, zombie+gentle repose. keep it as fresh as it was alive and you have a perfect duplicate.

Quincunx
2008-04-04, 04:04 PM
Chances are I will never get to see it as someone always seems to be peckish/have a great new "gnomebait" strategy vs. the BBEG. . .

Godna
2008-04-04, 04:28 PM
awaken undead XD

Miles Invictus
2008-04-04, 04:39 PM

You are a clever one...perhaps too clever.

Jack_Simth
2008-04-04, 04:52 PM
what WOULD happen?

two yous?

evil twin?

switch bodies?

paradoxical explosion?

Nothing.

See, your soul has to be willing and available. It's in use (unless you're killed again).

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-04, 05:00 PM
Tunic of Gentle Repose + storage item = the body version of a spare tire.

Doomsy
2008-04-04, 05:16 PM
Carve a life-sized puppet out of yourself out of wood.
Cast animate object.
Cast animate dead.
Creep the BBEG out with the most screwed-up dance troupe ever.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-04, 05:17 PM
animate dead + tunic of gentle repose + collar of the waking dead (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19507) = Your own twin brother! Plus he's completely loyal to the necromancer who made him (ideally, that would be you; if not, then a party member), and, if he gives you any lip, you can pull off the collar and laugh at him! The downside is he's only got two months of sentience before returning to undeath.

Zocelot
2008-04-04, 05:20 PM
Well, if I knew it was going to happen, I'd take levels in Kensai, so that when I died, I'd have two magic items: the corpse and my own body.

Note: It probably doesn't work this way, but I don't care.

Moff Chumley
2008-04-04, 06:15 PM
Get some kind of permanent telekinesis on it and use it to bludgeon your foes.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-04, 06:18 PM
Play a Monk and use it as a reach weapon that deals your unarmed damage. :smallcool:

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-04, 06:35 PM
Play a Monk and use it as a reach weapon that deals your unarmed damage. :smallcool:

I like the way you think. I like it a lot, and I plan to use that idea.

bibliophile
2008-04-04, 06:45 PM
Animate Dead + Gentle Repose + Greater invisibility (on yourself) = The perfect decoy

Xuincherguixe
2008-04-04, 08:31 PM
There are so many fun things you can do. Though for most you would have to be evil.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-04, 08:35 PM
There are so many fun things you can do. Though for most you would have to be evil.

Love thy enemy as you love yourself. :smallamused:

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-04, 08:48 PM
You'd never have to deal with the hassle of finding a date to the prom again!

Voidhawk
Gain the Lich-loved feat in one of the most... unique ways ever :smallamused:

Zeful
Well Animate dead+ awaken undead+ PaO you could have a female duplicate of yourself.

Coplantor
2008-04-04, 08:49 PM
Raise him + gentle repose + that belt that changes his sex + the spell wich gives sentience and loyalty to an undead = Perfect couple

Edit: Hey you, poster up there... you should know that if it were'nt because of my crappy internet coection then I would've been the one with the original idea first... though they say that great minds think alike, congratulations to you, by now... Mbuahahahaha...

Collin152
2008-04-04, 08:49 PM
Raise it as a Vampire.

Ariko
2008-04-04, 09:38 PM
hee. on a rp mud, I once gave my corpse to a friend as a gift, cause she wanted to play with it. No questions asked:smallamused:

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-04, 09:56 PM
hee. on a rp mud, I once gave my corpse to a friend as a gift, cause she wanted to play with it. No questions asked:smallamused:

Think of the possibilities at Lich Love Parties. :smallamused:

GammaPaladin
2008-04-04, 10:51 PM
I'm thinking a shirt of Gentle Repose, and then a casting of Animate Dread Warrior. Nothing like having a duplicate of yourself (Who even has all your abilities!) .

Technically, you might be able to have it turned into a lich, or a necropolitan. That'd be interesting.

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-05, 12:10 AM
Cast animate object.
Cast animate dead.

'Cause this is THRILLER, THRILLER NIGHT
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike

Aquillion
2008-04-05, 12:21 AM
Warforged artificer. Enchant your body beforehand, then drain the enchantments out of your double into your craft reserve.

Hmm, I wonder if you could do that with Body Outside Body...

RyanM
2008-04-05, 12:27 AM
Might be possible to combine ideas. Turn it into a statue with Flesh to Stone, but let a few people know that it's actually your corpse, so they can Stone to Flesh and then Raise it if you ever get killed in a way that leaves no body.

I dunno what the rules say on Raising undead to get the original person back, though.

Solo
2008-04-05, 12:30 AM
You are a clever one...perhaps too clever.

You are right... perhaps too right.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-05, 12:53 AM
Fap! Err, I mean, animate it and have it do your chores for you!

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-05, 04:34 AM
Keep it in an extradimensional space, then, next time you're put in prison, cast Invisibility and use it for a variant on the old suicide trick...

_Zoot_
2008-04-05, 05:02 AM
Might be possible to combine ideas. Turn it into a statue with Flesh to Stone, but let a few people know that it's actually your corpse, so they can Stone to Flesh and then Raise it if you ever get killed in a way that leaves no body.

That is a great idea! I'm always trying to think of odd ways to avoid death

Falrin
2008-04-05, 06:27 AM
Use it as a wife decoy when you hit the town.

Use it as a boss decoy hen you hit the town.

Experiment with differnet hair/clothing styles.

Drop the body and get the 'yes, he's dead'-from.
1. Switch places and sue the town for trying to bury you alive.
2. You're officialy dead. Who will blame a dead guy.

Become the BBeG, fool the PC's with your perfect faked death.

Bayar
2008-04-05, 07:40 AM
Look at it and say "Wow, i really am sexy".

Animate it and make it fap. (WHAT ???)

Use it as a bludgeoning weapon.

Animate it and use it as a mount. Congradulations ! You are riding yourself !

Patashu
2008-04-05, 08:25 AM
I put its brain in a golem. Robot twin of me!

Moff Chumley
2008-04-05, 12:55 PM
Get myself raised ten or twelve times, equip all of the corpses with a shirt of gentle repose (or some other, less... obstructive item), belts of gender change, and raise dead. Fun... :amused:

FMArthur
2008-04-05, 01:24 PM
I think a very large amount of the ideas in this thread would qualify as incest, considering that it's basically an identical twin. Then again, the creepiness of having... relations with undead and the like might overshadow its significance a lot. :smallconfused:

Collin152
2008-04-05, 01:35 PM
I think a very large amount of the ideas in this thread would qualify as incest, considering that it's basically an identical twin. Then again, the creepiness of having... relations with undead and the like might overshadow its significance a lot. :smallconfused:

Well, since technically it's you it's more like...
Well, you get what I mean.
Man, I would totally want to make out iwth myself, though. Eve nif it's just technically an identical twin.

StoryKeeper
2008-04-05, 02:07 PM
I would be very curious to see what would happen if I tried to raise it as a sentient undead. I'm pretty sure that those don't have souls, so that wouldn't be an issue, but it would still have sentients so... identical twin I guess? And I'm pretty sure I'd be an ugly woman, so I wo;uldn't be purchasing belts of gender bending.

OOOO!!!!!!.... give the information to the new guy at the table and have him play the undead me!

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-05, 02:40 PM
Seven syllables: Autocannibalism.

Jayngfet
2008-04-05, 03:48 PM
take a page from the house of horrors?

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-05, 06:28 PM
Nice one Story.

I'd like to find out what I was like without a soul. If "I" turn out a better person, in general, I'd get depressed as heck though. :smallfrown:

Moff Chumley
2008-04-05, 07:06 PM
No no no, belts of gender changing, and cloaks of charisma.

zuzak
2008-04-05, 08:28 PM
Do whatever you feel like, regardless of who gets mad at you, until you get some enemies, if you don't already have some. Kill anyone who knows about the extra body who you don't trust. Then, fake your death, leaving your corpse. Your enimies are arrested for murder, and you go free, with any other enimies thinking that you're dead, and therefore not bothering you anymore.

SimperingToad
2008-04-05, 11:10 PM
While we know that such a thing doesn't work by the rules, silly hour makes everything seem alright, doesn't it? :smallbiggrin:

I'm actually surprised that no one has thought of the 'rinse and repeat' option until you have an entire army of yourself. Then you can truly conquer the world single hande... er... well many hands make light work?

Regards,
theToad

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-05, 11:15 PM
Need copius amounts of blood for a ritual? How about organs for a transplant? Hell, are you into longpig as a dietary option?

SimperingToad
2008-04-05, 11:23 PM
Well, if you're a bard with a penchant for enacting death scenes on the stage, you have the perfect stunt double.

Regards,
theToad

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-06, 12:06 AM
Well, if you're a bard

All I was thinking at this point was: "Oh god, Thriller."

Mushroom Ninja
2008-04-06, 12:16 AM
zombi!!!!!!!!

DarknessLord
2008-04-06, 12:25 AM
Cast animate object.
Cast animate dead.
'Cause this is THRILLER, THRILLER NIGHT
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike

Funny, I when I read that I was thinking about something else.... (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2HpAE-QcQA)

Zeful
2008-04-06, 12:25 AM
All I was thinking at this point was: "Oh god, Thriller."

I believe that was covered by:

Cast animate object.
Cast animate dead.
Your a treant now?

Now the important question is how can you make an undead into a living being through PAO?