PDA

View Full Version : Anthropomorphic Animaloid

Mauril Everleaf
2008-04-04, 11:11 AM
I'm looking for some sort of bipedal animal-like creature to run as an NPC, such as a catfolk. If not specifically humanoid in nature, at least containing significant humanoid characteristics (like a centaur). The creature needs to be typically good/neutral. The creature also needs a "woodsy" feel. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Devils_Advocate
2008-04-04, 07:38 PM
Making use of the d20 Monster Filter (http://www.penpaperpixel.org/tools/d20monsterfilter/index.php), I see that the satyr, werebear, weretiger, wereboar, and aranea are typically Good or Neutral creatures that typically live in the forest. Most of them are shapeshifters with a humanoid form; I dunno if that works. Satyrs are the one exception there. There's also the faun, from Deities and Demigods, which is basically a satyr lite. No listed level adjustment, but they'd be weak even with LA +0. There are also lizardfolk, except they're more marshy than woodsy. Likewise, the catfolk from Races of the Wild, which you mentioned, are, um... plainsy?

Might I inquire as to the reason(s) for those particular requirements?

Torger
2008-04-04, 07:58 PM
If you've got access to the SSS's Scarred Lands stuff, the Tereli are bipedal kind of crinos-form cat people. They life in the jungles, and are highly\y shamanistic.

Annarrkkii
2008-04-04, 08:02 PM
Anthropomic Animal template from Savage Species sounds like a perfect fit.

tyckspoon
2008-04-05, 01:29 AM
Lupins (Dragon Compendium is most recent reprint). Monstrous Humanoid wolf-people- they look like hybrid-form werewolves, but with less slavering and preparing to rip out your throat. Preferred class Ranger and trend lawful good or neutral.

Mauril Everleaf
2008-04-07, 08:44 AM
I'm playing a Ranger who has most of her druid-like abilities removed in favor of increased martial and scouting abilities. I am looking for a companion for her. Something that fits with her class title (Wood Stalker) that would aid in her ability to be an effective scout. I didn't just want to awaken some animal, since that kind of just went against the feel I was going for. Something animal-like without just being a beast was what I was looking for, and her being Lawful Good meant that she wouldn't go much for an evil creature as a companion. Also, my DM is kinda strict, and wouldn't let her have the exception-to-the-rule creature.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to float them by my DM soon.