PDA

View Full Version : Help Building an Artificer?

Shovah
2008-04-04, 02:06 PM
Okay, I'm really new to D&D (yes, I realise that Artificer is not a class for new players, but I'm stubborn) and I'm going to play an Artificer in a PbP game.

I'll be starting at level 6, and I don't think I'll be leveling too far, although I'm not 100% sure, so I don't want to be handicapped for later on, but I need a build that works now.

So if anybody has suggestions for a full build, or even just helpful feats ect(and if possible, the book they are from and the page number), that would be great.

I'll be starting with 13,000 gold and I'm allowed the craft reserve from previous levels, so that means 450 crafting xp to start with. Any suggestions of good magic items that I can make(again, along with the book) would also be greatly appreciated.

Finally, we have been told not to take leadership(it may be given as a bonus feat to characters who earn it iirc), and it has been reccomended that the players all have the stronghold builders guide avaliable, and fortress building has been suggested, so preparing for that would be a good idea(I plan on getting a lyre of building and a decanter of endless water at some point).

Thanks in advance, Shovah.

Venerable
2008-04-04, 02:17 PM
Check out the Unofficial Artificer Player's Guide 3.0 (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=813665). Lotsa helpful stuff in there.

Shovah
2008-04-04, 03:15 PM
Thanks. I had already looked over it, but I'll be sure to keep doing so while building my character.

I was hoping for some more specific advice aswell, such as what feats to take for this 6th level character, which(if any) books have extra infusions(I know ECS and Magic of Eberron do, but that's all), any specific Artificer boosting material from various books that I should be aware of, and of course what sort of items I should buy and/or craft with my starting gold.

Sorry if I seem a little impatient.