PDA

View Full Version : What is the mostest badassest undead Tsukiko can create?

HamsterOfTheGod
2008-04-04, 02:09 PM
Your mission, should you choose to accept is, given the class and level geekery assumptions for Tsukiko, see spoiler, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61354)

Evil, Human Female, Wizard 3+ / Cleric 3+ / Mystic Theurge 6+
(minimum CL 9 for both divine and arcane spells)
Attributes:
Str 10+ (no evidence)
Dex 10+ (no evidence)
Con 10+ (no evidence)
Int 15+ (minimum to cast Teleport as a wizard)
Wis 15+ (minimum to cast Flame Strike as a cleric)
Cha 10+ (no evidence, assumed not to be a Sorcerer or Favored Soul)
Feats (6+): Scribe scroll, Quicken Spell
Skills (42+): Knowledge (arcana) 6+, Knowledge (religion) 6+ (Requirements for Mystic Theurge)
Abilities: Unknown.
Items: Unknown.
Spells Known: Fly, Lightning Bolt, Shout, Teleport, Dominate Person, Fireball, Invisibility, Electric Orb Fire Orb, Lesser Acid Orb, Cold Orb

and any and all spells, feats and templates in all the splatbooks out there, what is the baddest undead monster the Tsukiko could create?

David Argall
2008-04-04, 02:53 PM
Nothing too serious by the rules. She can make a really big zombie if she has the right body. Her creation of wights suggests she is about 14th level, so if she Desecrates an area, we are looking at 56 hd, but she is unlikely to get much in the way of bodies much past 10.

It seems unlikely she can make anything that can challenge O'Chul, unless she makes something that is immune to normal damage, in which case he is a sure loser, which makes it a bad bet too.

HamsterOfTheGod
2008-04-04, 03:19 PM
That's what I was thinking. Given a large corpse, like a minotaur, using animate dead, desecrate, and the corpse crafter feat from Liber Mortia, Tsukiko could create a large armed and armored zombie with stats something like AC23 HD12 HP168 Atk +14 3d6+12x3.

Would this give O'Chul much of a problem even if unarmed and unarmored?

Hmm...maybe we tie O'Chul's hands behind his back...

You know Xykon is right. This is fun.

Chronos
2008-04-04, 03:22 PM
Her creation of wights suggests she is about 14th levelActually, there's no spell in 3.5 edition that will directly create a wight, but the 4th-level spell Enervation (available at level 7, or character level 10 for a mystic theurge) can indirectly create one.

ShellBullet
2008-04-04, 03:32 PM
Would this give O'Chul much of a problem even if unarmed and unarmored?

It depends, does O-chul have improved unarmed strike, but lack of items defninately hurts... Not to mention that the Undead might have few magical items of its own, because Xykon has nothing better to do...Not to mention Tsukiko might be bored too, because it's highly likely that Haley and Belkar were only high level oppositions they had

Fitzclowningham
2008-04-04, 03:35 PM
Forgive me, Chronos, but how would the Enervation - wight thing work? SRD just says when -levels = levels, the creature dies.

HamsterOfTheGod
2008-04-04, 03:57 PM
Not to mention that the Undead might have few magical items of its own, because Xykon has nothing better to do...

I'm thinking an unarmed O'Chul would just attempt to disarm the zombie. Even with say a +4 for size and +4 for a two-handed weapon, a 10th-11th level O'Chul disarsms about half the time...Hmm except for that AoO. Do zombies get AoO's? Guess so. Ok so for an O'Chul with Improved Disarm, it's a piece of cake, no?

And you gotta make sure O'Chul fights the zombie and not just avoiding him...Hmm any way to make a lava resistant zombie???

Hyozo
2008-04-04, 04:04 PM
Forgive me, Chronos, but how would the Enervation - wight thing work? SRD just says when -levels = levels, the creature dies.

if a humanoid dies of level drain, unless stated otherwise, they rise as a wight the next day. I think it says that under the negative levels section.

Chronos
2008-04-04, 04:26 PM
Here's the link (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#energyDrainAndNegativeLevels) .
A character with negative levels at least equal to her current level, or drained below 1st level, is instantly slain. Depending on the creature that killed her, she may rise the next night as a monster of that kind. If not, she rises as a wight.A creature killed by a human wizard's Enervation certainly doesn't rise the next night as a human, so it turns into a wight instead.

Moriarty
2008-04-04, 04:53 PM
That's what I was thinking. Given a large corpse, like a minotaur, using animate dead, desecrate, and the corpse crafter feat from Liber Mortia, Tsukiko could create a large armed and armored zombie with stats something like AC23 HD12 HP168 Atk +14 3d6+12x3.

hmm..... perhaps an undead baby-tarrasque? ;)

Paladin29
2008-04-04, 06:52 PM
Whatever Tsukiko has in her arsenal i bet for O-Chul :)

hamishspence
2008-04-05, 10:26 AM
zombie dragons, if you allow draconomicon rules, are among nastiest undead for their level, especially for clerics. Desecrate + evil altar = 4 times Caster Level in HD, for total HD of monster.

So if she casts as a 10th level cleric (3Cle/3Wiz/7theu) making her 13th level, with desecrate, she could animate a 40HD dragon, since zombie dragon template has no HD limit, unlike MM zombie template. CR is half original, +1, so she could animate a CR 14 40HD great red wyrm zombie dragon, if she was a 13th level mystic theurge, evenly multiclass.

In fact, this is the only way, by the rules, to get an ancient silver dragon zombie as shown in siege of Azure City, since normal zombies max out at 20HD and double HD of original monster, whereas zombie dragons do not double HD, have no HD limit, and keep a few powers.

curtis
2008-04-05, 03:51 PM
You have to create an arena with a small raised central platform. Place O-chul and the undead on the platform (to fight it out). SLOWLY fill the arena with lava, and make the undead thing have high hp and immunity to lava, so that the problem is not to beat it, but to do it quick.

Jayngfet
2008-04-05, 03:57 PM
depends on the type of corpse avalable, I want to see a xill with five katanas, no wait, a feindish xill samurai, now it has wings!

Kyeudo
2008-04-05, 04:16 PM
I say a Create Undead spell involving Miko's corpse.

lord_khaine
2008-04-05, 04:59 PM
I say a Create Undead spell involving Miko's corpse

that would proberly just create ½ a ghoul, not much of a challenge.

Nerdanel
2008-04-05, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know if there is anything better in the splatbooks? We know that Tsukiko has utilized them more than once, for example for the orb spells.

EDIT - Apparently, Tsukiko is capable of creating free-willed undead (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0465.html) that are NOT wights. (The description doesn't match and wights are created differently.) The comic implies that such an undead would get to keep its class levels.