PDA

View Full Version : Contingency Undead

LibraryOgre
2008-04-04, 03:36 PM
Ok, so looking at the title of two threads got me thinking about something else:

Can you set up a Contingency to cast Create Undead on yourself when you die?

Say you're an 18th level Wizard. Can you stuff your mouth with Onyx and have it set so you'll turn into a Morgh the night after you're killed>

Does anyone else find this as fun as I do?

quiet1mi
2008-04-04, 05:44 PM
combined with the what to do with your own corpse thread and you can fight your self!

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-04, 05:51 PM
I smell a training montage coming on. Offing the whole party, cloning your corpse, and battling your evil undead twins to power level is just wrong.

bibliophile
2008-04-04, 06:56 PM
This sound like a great idea, but why a morgh? An 18th level wizard can make a shadow, wraith, spectre, or a devourer.

FlyMolo
2008-04-04, 11:12 PM
I smell a training montage coming on. Offing the whole party, cloning your corpse, and battling your evil undead twins to power level is just wrong.

Your WBL would be crazy broked, though. And wights and the like are basically always the same CR, aren't they? despite the Hd of the victim?

LibraryOgre
2008-04-06, 09:40 AM
This sound like a great idea, but why a morgh? An 18th level wizard can make a shadow, wraith, spectre, or a devourer.

Limit of Contingency (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/contingency.htm); The spell can't be greater than 1/3 your level, and a maximum of 6th level. So, while he could craft a greater undead, he couldn't contingency it.