PDA

View Full Version : fleshing out a build

gnomas
2008-04-04, 07:42 PM
alright so heres the deal: I am the DM for my current group. We are friends, and game well together. Some of the players (three out of the current four) have expressed interest in running a campaign of their own. now one of these guys is my best friend and other than me is the most experienced gamer we have. his campaign is set in a world where there are high tensions between elves and humans because the elves won't let the humans expand into their precious forest and start cutting stuff down. Beeing the roleplayer that I am, my character is, of course, a half-elf.

now you have backround, heres the build! this is my first time trying to actually do something more with a character than choose a class I like and maybe multiclassing or taking an interesting PrC. I'm not looking for this guy to be super optimized, since no one else will be. ok NOW on to the build.

so far: ranger 11/fighter 2/ order of the bow initiate 7

this guy would have pretty much every useful ranged feat from all my books, and and fairly good damage IMO.

So, where do i go from here? is this ok for a low powered campaign? any classes i should change? (he's staying hal-elf and an archer btw 'cause i have an awesome backround) certain fealts to make sure i have? some to stay away from? advice of any kind much appreciated!

(that was a bit long wasn't it?)

Devigod
2008-04-04, 07:49 PM
Okay, you should add some scout and use multishot, greater multishot. Lots of fun.

Go with ranger at least 2 and scout at least 3 or 4, take the swift hunter feat (ranger and scout levels stack for skirmish and favored enemy) and have fun. Multishot and greater multishot let you fire multiple arrows as a standard action and apply skirmish damage to each.

The Scout class can be found in complete adventurer, Swift hunter feat in complete scoundrel.

If you don't have access to the material, use this site: http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

I know you said you didn't want it optimized, but that's the sort of thing that I'd do. It's not super optimized, but it's loads of fun moving and releasing volley after volley of arrows.

gnomas
2008-04-04, 08:25 PM
sorta optimized is exactly what i want! thanks for the help. i have adventurer but not scoundrel, i'll look into it. scout seems such an obvious way to go too..