PDA

View Full Version : Silverbeard

UserClone
2008-04-04, 08:20 PM
Wow. Just noticed this Spell Compendium spell...don't know how I managed to miss this comic gem. The +2 diplomacy to Dwarves is the icing on the cake!
Any others you've noticed are silly/hilarious?

Dode
2008-04-04, 11:58 PM
Note to self: give female paladin wand of Silverbeard.

TempusCCK
2008-04-05, 12:37 AM
Yeah, that spell is the epitome of awesome. I plan to take it as soon as possible and write up variants for all my spell casters.

Dode
2008-04-05, 12:50 AM
Yeah, that spell is the epitome of awesome. I plan to take it as soon as possible and write up variants for all my spell casters. I for one cannot wait until spell variant "Silverpubes" is put into play.

Nebo_
2008-04-05, 02:38 AM
I for one cannot wait until spell variant "Silverpubes" is put into play.

"You grow a beard. (Not on your face)"

UserClone
2008-04-05, 08:34 AM
So are there any other similarly stupid/awesome spells that anyone would like to share from 3rd ed or otherwise?

AslanCross
2008-04-05, 08:56 AM
Probably not as silly as silverbeard, but crabwalk feels pretty silly to me. Although it gives someone bonuses when charging, you can almost imagine the guy charging sideways.

Celebration involves slurred verbal components and fumbling somatic components, not to mention a drinking song. Not surprisingly, it intoxicates those who listen to it.

Charge of the triceratops involves the following somatic component: Holding your hand to your head, extending your index and middle fingers to form a V to call upon the ancient power of the triceratops.

All of these are from Spell Compendium.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-04-05, 12:22 PM
My dwarf paladin of Clangeddin always had this spell memorized. How could he not?

Rather than silly, I think it's one of the most thematically appropriate spells in the game. (Originally from a FR book, naturally.)

UserClone
2008-04-05, 02:17 PM
Wait, don't you mean Moradin? Clangeddin is the mountain in which Moradin resides in Celestia isn't it?

Tsotha-lanti
2008-04-05, 02:52 PM
No, I mean Clangeddin Silverbeard, Father of Battles, the dwarfish protector and war god.

Cainen
2008-04-05, 03:30 PM
I scanned the page with Silverbeard on it PRECISELY so I could get a screenshot of its awesome. I wandered upon it when I was well beyond exhausted, and I was in tears from all the laughter.