Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Fogform
Special Qualities Fogswim, Detect Fog, Scent
Saves Fort +8 Ref +8 Will +1
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 1, Wis 7, Cha 7
Skills
Feats Swim-By Attack, Dodge, Mobility
Environment Fog Banks
Organization Single, Pair, Bank Frenzy (3-18)
Challenge Rating 5
Treasure Normal
Alignment Always Neutral
Advancement 9-13 (Medium), 14-20 (Large)

The fog is thick all around you, and you can’t really see further than five feet in any direction. Suddenly you see a shadowy outline moving through the fog a little ways away. It turns and circles, and you can see the vague outline of what looks like…a shark?

Fog Sharks are one of the few crazy magical creatures whose history is actually well known and documented, rather than being wrapped in mystery. A group of wizards, attempting to research sea-life, decided that because they hated traveling underwater, and that they needed an easier environment in which to observe the animals. The experiment was successful, the containment methods were not.

Fogform: Three times per day for one hour, fogsharks can enter a non-corporeal state of fog, and drift through the air. They do this to move between fog banks if the one they are swimming in is dried up due to sun, or any other reason. They become a small cloud of fog with no distinct shape, and drift in any direction they want with a fly (Perfect) speed of 70 ft. The fogshark may leave fogform at any time during the duration of the ability.

Fogswim: Fog sharks are able to swim through fog, even thin fog, as if it were water. This does not restrict them from swimming in water, although they find it bothersome and do so only if there is no fog to retreat to.

Detect Fog: Fogsharks can naturally detect fog at long distances, so as to travel between fogbanks if theirs appears to be shrinking. Fogsharks are aware of all fog of substantial size (enough to hold the fogshark) in a three mile radius.

Fiery Diamond
2008-04-05, 01:23 AM
This is excellent. I will throw it at my party this afternoon (it's 2:30AM where I am). I love it.

-Fiery Diamond

MythMage
2008-04-05, 06:56 AM
You can't make iterative attacks with natural weapons. Its full attack should be the same as its standard attack unless you give it some kind of special ability.

It needs scent, and perhaps blindsight as well, because all sharks are supposed to and because they need to not be greatly inhibited by the fog they live in (respectively).

For the feats, I recommend giving it Dodge, Mobility, and Swim-By Attack (from Stormwrack; it's exactly what it sounds like) for maximum scariness.

Assuming you improve its senses and find a way to keep its full attack decent, I think the CR seems about right.

Flickerdart
2008-04-05, 12:16 PM
Change the environment to London. :P

This is possibly the most awesome creature ever. Do some more sharks. Lavashark and Airshark spring to mind. Maybe a Rainshark? Snowshark? Astralshark?

DracoDei
2008-04-05, 12:31 PM
Think Tribble may have already done a Space-Shark.

Copacetic
2008-04-05, 12:43 PM
Heh. I suppose the next one is an An Acid-Breathing Shark. For torturing paladins.

DracoDei
2008-04-05, 01:07 PM
In DungeonQuest (I think that is the name of it), entry created by Richard Burlew.

Icewalker
2008-04-05, 11:56 PM
Yeah, that actually exists :smalleek:

I wasn't sure about the iterative attacks thing, guess I guessed wrong. Will fix.

Oh yeah, no feats is for the mindless and animals aren't...

Fixed, thanks.

kpenguin
2008-04-06, 02:46 AM
In DungeonQuest (I think that is the name of it), entry created by Richard Burlew.

Dungeonscape, actually.