PDA

View Full Version : Heros of Awe-team blue

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 12:38 PM
You still didn't know each other, but you all had received the same letters, from an unknown source. Top quality paper, with exotic scent and a shining arcane mark seal on top. The letters revealed a sophisticated professional caligraphy. No doubt whoever had sent them was filthy rich. Each of them was delivered to you three days ago, by unknown means, no matter where you were. All you know was that when you noticed it the pretty envelope was inside your pockets or backpack. It readed the following:

Good morning dear mister. We hope to find you of good health of mind and body. You may or not have noticed, but our group has been monitoring closely your journeys for quite some time. We currently need to complete a rather difficult task, and we believe you are among the few who possess the crafts and abilities needed to complete such task. Of course, we will reward you handsomey for the trouble, and should you do a good job, you may get further and better empolyment from us. We believe we can acomplish great things by worcking togheter.

Naturally, you may think this missive is a ruse from your enemies or rivals to lure you to some kind of trap, a very natural thing in the troubled days that we currently live. But we assure you, we're a very serious group, and only wish our mutual benefit. Thus, as a sign of good will, we invite you to a feast at midday in The Gracious Fleshraker three days from today, wich, as you certainly know, is the finest Ghallanda's restaurant in Sharn. All expenses at our cost off course.

We took the liberty of reserving first class tickets on your name in the closest lighting rail stastions. We trust you will acept our invitation and we anxiously expect our meeting. Untill then, may the gods smile upon you.

From your adventurous life, you were already used to having people request jobs from you, but this time was diferent. Only one of the top guys in Eberron's society would invite adventurers to lunch on The Gracious Fleshraker, the legendary halfling restaurant that served the finest and most sumptuous foods in history, prepared with ingredients and magic from all the corners of the known world. You could only enter if you were invited, and you would only be invited if you were someone very very important. This could be your oportunity to get the rich, benevolent and powerfull patron every adventurer dreamed off.

That, or it was some sophisticated trap. Either way, you hadn't become who you were for not taking risks. Ruse or no ruse, you decided to acept the invitation. Also, the lighting rail was probably the safest method of transport in the entire continent, and The Gracious Fleshraker was on one of the most protected zones of Sharn. An ambush would be almost impossible at those conditions.

As promised, the reserved tickets were waiting for you when you arrived at the lighting rail station. And after the rather comfortable voyage and the walck to the rich zone of Sharn where The Gracious Flesraker was located, you were instantly admited on the top class restaurant, altough the halflings servers looked rather disaprovingly at your choice of clothes.

One of the halfling maidens, with the hospitality minor dragonmark clearly visible in her naked pulse, then conducted you to the reserved table, in a rather private corner, where one could talk whitout being heard in the rest of the room. There you saw what you suposed would be your future party members, at least judging from the look of their clothes wich were clearly out of place such as yours, and a very well dressed man, who then spoke with an elegant voice:

"Ah, hello, I'm so glad you could come. Sorry for the secretism, but you see, I represent a rather respected organization, and you all have...How can I say this? Unfortonate backgrounds. Everybody makes mistakes, and some people are just unlucky, but you made a great deal of enemies over your lifes. Should those enemies know we're employing you, they would probably turn on my masters, and that wouldn't benefit us. Now, don't give me those looks, I think the letters already showed we strongly believe in you.

Now, let me give you a briefing on the mission, before the main meal. We intend you to recover a powerfull artifact. Now the artifact isn't the end on itself. It's one of the tools you'll need you to get for the true mission we want you to do. Our researches hint that the artifact is in the hands of a group of drows that inhabit Xen'Drinkck. Vicious dangerous cunning smart drows, actually, wich have managed to kill or capture most of the adventurers we already sent after said artifact. That's why we called you. You're not ordinary adventurers. Each one of you acomplished great things already by himself. You are very probably the best freelancers walking in the 5 kingdoms. The goal my masters have in mind is a very ambitious project, one that will greatly benefit mankind, but we need you to acomplish it. Shall you manage to complete it, we will not only reward you beyond your dreams and clean your pasts from all the misdeeds you may have commited, we will make sure to carve your names in gold in the history of Eberron."

Then a group of halflings appears carrying several dishes loaded with exotic foods and serving them to you. Fleshraker boiled eggs, dire bear steack, grilled kraken and many other expensive plates now fill the table.

"Ah, the food has arrived. I ordered the special ten courses feast, I hope you don't mind about it. So, what do you say gentlemen? Are you interested in worcking for our organization?"

GammaPaladin
2008-04-05, 01:30 PM
Drake Magne

Drake sat a bit bemused as he listened to the representative's speech. The trip on the lightning rail, the vastness of Sharn, and certainly the opulence of Skyway and the other wealthy sections were totally new to him, having been raised in a monastery, far from such bastions of civilization. He wasn't quite certain why they had picked him, as he wasn't the distinguished, experienced adventurer it seemed that the others were.

Well, there were those bandits that foolishly attacked him on the road, but that was just a few young miscreants up to a bit of mischief. There had only been 20 or 30 of them after all.

Still, he supposed that the combination of skills they taught at the monastery was probably somewhat uncommon. But wouldn't they have preferred to approach one of the masters with this offer, rather than a humble initiate such as himself? After all, he was practically a washout.

But then again, the masters would never leave the monastery as he had, so perhaps he was chosen by virtue of being available.

Drake was realistic enough about his station in life that such a thought did not wound his pride, and besides, he was wandering in search of a task that would test him, and force him to develop his skills farther.

He looks up at the representative as the man finishes his long-winded speech (Which, truthfully, he had only been half paying attention to).

"I cannot speak for the others, but I am merely a humble monk. I have no desire for riches. But you seem to believe this will be a great challenge, and that is what I seek. I am willing to take on your task, as long as your organization's motives are pure."

Da Beast
2008-04-05, 05:58 PM
Owen sits through the mans speech silently in awe of his surroundings. Even after spending almost all of his life in Sharn he has never before seen the opulence of Skyway. As House Ghallanda servers bring out a meal that probably cost more than his parents make in a year Owen turns a more inquisitive eye to their host.

"Your offer sounds very gracious. Though before accepting I'd like to hear more about this artifact. I'm no arcane scholar, but hopefully you can put it's function into terms a simple Brelish soldier can understand."

((I won't allow this information to affect what I do in game, but does he have matching rings on each finger?))

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 06:13 PM
Well, good sir, I'm just an humble servant of my organization and I'm not filled on more details than needed. However, I was informed that unlike most artifacts out there, the power of this one isn't to destroy, but to purify. In theory, the artifact doesn't have power on his own, but greatly enanches cleansing magic of all kinds, allowing to lift the strongest curses and cure the vilest disease with even the simpliest spell.

The man's voice then lowers to almost a whisper

This last part it's just rumors, but some say the drow clerics use it to be able to inflict the most demented and cruel tortures on their prisioners, and then use the artifact to put them healthy again easily, so they can restart the torture, time and time again, for their sick pleasure. Most disturbing.

Ooc: The man isn't wearing rings at all.

Knight13
2008-04-05, 07:40 PM
Jaden

Though not particularly awestruck, this man seems rather uncomfortable with his surroundings, looking longingly at the windows as though he would much rather be outside. He is tall for a human, sleekly muscular with dusky skin and jet black hair, dressed in a simple, though well made, dark green shirt and trousers.

An odd group, to be certain, though I suppose I'm no exception. We also have a pixie and I don't know what that thing is.

Jaden surreptitiously sniffs the air and then carefully tastes the food. Hmmm, I don't smell any organic spell components, so he's probably not a wizard and he certainly doesn't move like a fighter. The food doesn't seem to be poisoned either. This offer might actually be legitimate.

"Usually I hunt bounties, not treasure. Though I suppose I could diversify."

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 08:03 PM
Ah, my friend, you in particular were chosen for your excellent wildnerness skills. It's very probable the artifact wil be in the hands of some sneacky drow, and we trust your, let's say special qualities, to help the group to track them trough the jungle or some dungeon should the need arise.

Tomb_Raven
2008-04-05, 10:16 PM
Dorian Axom

Dorian looks upon the crowd and sniffs. He does not let himself feel the displeasure of being surrounded by such a motley crew, neither does he let the fact that he had to leave all his servants at home irritate him as he removes his black overcoat (rather like a black dressing gown except thinner, cant thnk of an adequate name for it). Underneath he wears a suit of elven chain that seems to shine or ripple with light smoothly in the most subtle of ways.

Tieing his long black hair back behind his head he takes a seat at the table and lets his cool blue eyed gaze inspect each of the "adventurers" in turn.

Though he does not feel the need to eat, only a fool would miss such a feast.

Duke of URL
2008-04-06, 01:59 PM
Shredder

This is the life! Excellent food, hospitality, and clients who appreciate my talents. Though she was a bit annoyed at the constant use of "gentlemen" in the letter and in person. Still, the job was interesting, challenging, and the client looked like the generous sort.

"Of course, I'll accept. You probably knew that before you contacted me, though."

Oslecamo
2008-04-06, 04:57 PM
Well, any more questions? We have provided an airship for your transportation to Stormreach, from where you will go to the jungle in search of the artifact. It will leave tonight, a mile south from the southern gate, in the little plain over there. As a little incentive, I'll give you these credit letters. You can exhange them for a thousand gold each in the banck, wich I would advise you to spend in equipment for the trip, especially potions and other expendables you may find necessary. Consider it a glimpse of your final reward. Of course, you're also free to keep any other treasure you find during your trips.

The men then hands each of you another pretty envelope with several arcane marks on them. Each of it seems to be an official letter of credit granting 1000 gold to the bearer.

Ooc:Ok, if you don't want to ask more questions, make any last minute shoping you want and report to the airship.

Da Beast
2008-04-06, 05:55 PM
"Everything sounds good. I'd be honored to take up such a quest."

Owen finishes his meal before departing. He trades in his letter of credit before heading to the Clifftop district to pick up some items

Eternal Wand of Cure Light Wounds 820 gp
Scroll of Invisibility 150 gp
3 Sunrods 6

Cray
2008-04-07, 01:19 AM
Well then. I'll see you on the ship.

Well, that artifact soundes strange.
He stood up from the tabel, then he turned back to it.

What do we know about Drows?

OK, I'll buy the following:
Spell component pouch 5GP
2* oinment for Greater Armor enhancement, 2*100GP
Wand of Cure light wounds 750

Rest: 45

GammaPaladin
2008-04-07, 04:05 AM
Drake Magne

Drake nods to the people around the table, who are apparently now his co-workers. "I will see you all aboard ship."

He pockets his letter of credit, stands, and bows to the host. He walks out, his stride oddly graceful and soft for such a massive being. Near the door, he growls at one of the lower ranking members of the restaurant staff, who he had heard express disapproval at his simple clothing. He laughs as the halfling flinches at his snarl and the baring of his sharp, daggerlike teeth, and then takes his leave.

He stops only briefly on the way to the airship, to buy a few healing preparations and food for the journey. Once he boards the ship, he sits down on the deck to meditate, ignoring the crew as they bustle around him. He seems content simply to wait patiently for the next stage of this adventure he appears to have embarked upon.

(( OOC: 2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds, 300gp each, and 8 potions of Cure Light Wounds, 50 gp each, for a grand total of exactly 1000gp

Also spent a little extra out of my remaining bank for 2 waterskins and 10 days of trail rations, since we're going into the wilderness.

And I went back in and edited this post to fix horrible, horrible run on sentences. I shouldn't post at 2:30 AM I suppose. ))

Da Beast
2008-04-07, 07:20 AM
(just realized that buying some food might be a good idea)

Second Waterskin 1 gp
12 days trail rations 6 gp

31 gp remaining

As Owen boards the ship he stops to study the giant meditating on the deck before moving to stand at the front of the ship, waiting to depart.

Duke of URL
2008-04-07, 11:05 AM
Shredder

Shredder decides that going against Drow probably would be easier if warded from evil effects, and so picks up an eternal wand of protection from evil and an oil of bless weapon. One potion of cure light wounds may also come in handy in an emergency.

The rest of the money is spent on utility items, such as extra provisions (20 days worth), plus a little "pocket change" left over.

After shopping, she heads off for the ship.

eternal wand of protection from evil - 820 gp
oil of bless weapon - 100 gp
potion of cure light wounds - 50
20 days trail rations - 10 gp
cash on hand - 20 gp

Knight13
2008-04-07, 12:06 PM
Jaden

Jaden nods, "Very well, I accept."

Jaden leaves the restaurant, moving with the fluid grace of a stalking cat. He exchanges his letter of credit and purchases some additional supplies

6 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds 1800 gp
5 additional Ration 2.5 gp
2 Waterskins 2 gp

Jaden arrives at the airship later that evening, dressed much as he was before, but with the addition of a backpack, a pair of steel bracers and a quiver with what looks like the end of a bow poking out of it, even though the quiver is much too small to hold a bow. Also, a leopard stalks along at his side.

Oslecamo
2008-04-07, 02:44 PM
Ooc:Really busy with RL university right now, will only be able to continue the adventure tomorrow night.

Oslecamo
2008-04-08, 07:24 PM
After doing your shoping, you go to the indicated point. There it is the airship, a magnificent vessel highly decorated with a central ring, hovering slightly above the ground, just so the red glowing ring containing the fire elemental that surround the ship doesn't touch the ground. Several parts of the deck are glass and steel windows wich allow you to see the crew making the final preparations. The whole ship is beatifully decorated with golden drawings, arcane runes and carved scultptures depicting flying creatures like dragons and griffons. As you aproach, you see a big rope ladder on the side, at the bottom of wich is your employer, who smiles again and tells you:

Ah, welcome to the "Nau Isabela", one of the prized airships of our organization. Fire elemental powered, crew of twelve, carries up to fifty passengers and up to twenty tons of cargo. This one has been recently upgraded and can now reach up to 30 miles per hour thanks to some gnomish advancements. Fifth fastest airship in the five countries.

Then his hand goes into his one hidden packet and he pulls out a bunch of papers

Of course, there's no use paying you to get the purifier orb if then it gets confiscated by the goverment. These are letters of Marque wich will allow you to claim for our organization the orb and whatever else you find for yourselves at the light of the law. Try to don't lose them, or our lawyers will have an headache geting the artifact back.

One more thing before you depart. Once you reach the jungle you'll be guided by one of our best employees, an elvish tracker. She's also the only survivor of the last expedition that's willing to go again. She's not much of a warrior or magician however, so we need you to be the ones to provide the power to defeat whatever stands in the way. Our guide will be there just to show you the path. She also managed to take a look at the basic layouts of the drow temples, wich could prove quite usefull once you reach them. She likes to be treated by Anabela, and she'll be waiting for you at Stormreach. She's been spending the last days taking care of the last details of the expedition and will answer any more questions you may have. I know that Xen'drink is a very interesting place, but we would like to get that artifact as soon as possible. So, when you get it(we know you will), please return imediatily to Stormreach.

So, farewell and good luck.

As you climb the rope ladder and enter the ship you meet captain Sebastiao, who greets you warmfully and says he's honored to transport such brave adventurers. He then conducts you to the lower deck, where there is a luxurious waiting room. One beatifull elven maid and an human buttler there offer you a selection of apetizers and drincks. The captain leaves explaining the trip will take only a few hours, but going in the upper deck is not advised because of the strong wind.

For some time everything goes smoothly, and you reach the ocean. The maid revels to be an impressive singer, and the buttler knows how to prepare some amazing cocktails. But then, as you look at the night sky trough the windows and you see something pass quickly. Something big. Then you hear something breack, and the whole structure trembles. More crashes, now above you. The airship slows down. As you get up you see some crew members going trough the corridors, climbing the stairs up and carrying heavy crossbows.

The elemental ring is damaged! Something big is up there! We need to stop it or things will get ugly!-screams the captain from the control room.

Ooc:Well, what do you do? You can follow the crew members in the upper deck from the room you're in now with a double move. Oh, and Tomb_Raven said he can't post untill Thursady, so I'm gonna NPC him a little so he doesn't lose the action when he comes back.

Knight13
2008-04-08, 10:36 PM
Jaden

Jaden jumps out of his seat, grabs his quiver and sprints out of the room after the crew, drawing his bow as he does so.

Da Beast
2008-04-08, 11:51 PM
Owen leaps to his feat and moves as quickly as he to the deck, drawing his short bow as he runs.

Cray
2008-04-08, 11:53 PM
Well, then.

Arcos too jumps on his feet, dropping his drink. As fast as possible he follows the crew, always taking care not to block the passage for other members.

While moving up, he prepares his chain.

Duke of URL
2008-04-09, 07:09 AM
Shredder

"I knew this was too good to be true, or at least this easy." She winks out of view and moves out to join the others.

Free: greater invisibility
Double Move: Go to upper deck
[roll0], if needed

GammaPaladin
2008-04-09, 05:29 PM
Drake follows the others up the steps, loosening his chain from around his shoulders. He goes up last, not wanting to block the stairs with his considerable mass.

Oslecamo
2008-04-09, 07:07 PM
The crew members climb up, and before you can go there you hear one of them scream, and suddenly the other crew members appear running in the oposite direction and screaming like little girls, geting in your way. You finnally manage to get in the upper deck, and you see them against the darkness of the night

Halflings in black and red clothes soar above the deck, carrying spiked chains and cackling madly. They are mounted in flying dinossaurs, glidewings, protected by chain barding. They wear ragged clothes with skulls and bones tied to them. On the hand of one of them is the bleeding head of one of the crew members, the body nowhere to be seen.

"Let's go down and at them, mates"-speacks one of the halflings-"This ship and it's treasures shall be ours, the Bloodwing raiders! Leave none alive! MUAHAHAHAH!"

Then the halfling guide their mounts in front of you, spinning their chains above their heads, their eyes glowing with a mixture of bloodthirst and ansiety.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/blue200.gif

Ooc:Halfling dinossaur riding air pirates for the first encounter! I'll roll iniative for everybody in the next post. Any question about the map ask. And no, you won't be fighting the same battle as red team. As I said, each team's adventure will have diference from the other team.

Oslecamo
2008-04-09, 07:13 PM
Iniative time!

Bloodwing raiders:[roll0]

Doriam:[roll1]

Arcos:[roll2]

Owen:[roll3]

Drake:[roll4]

Jaden:[roll5]

Duke of URL already rolled his iniative. In case of ties the character with biggest modifier goes first.

Cray
2008-04-09, 11:55 PM
As Arcos sees the flying beast and there riders, he touches his belt with his left hand, clunching his chain with the right one.

Infusion: Bulls Strength, lvl 2, 3left.

Da Beast
2008-04-10, 01:23 AM
Assuming that the people acting before me don't do anything to significantly change the battle field I'm going to:

Take a shot at the glide wing on the far right
[roll0]
[roll1]

Five foot step to A8, drop my bow and draw my sword as a move action

Take a swift action to assume the Leading the Charge stance (from now on I'm going to be in this stance at all times, unless I say otherwise)

Owen aims a single shot before stepping back and drawing his sword. He then takes a moment to focus himself, preparing himself to launch into the fray.

GammaPaladin
2008-04-10, 03:20 AM
Well, Duke of URL rolled a better initiative than mine, but since Oslecamo asked me to post what Drake is going to do...

I had been planning on using Death Mark on one of the halflings' mounts, in order to create a 20 foot explosion of flame and do 6d6 to all of them and their mounts. But then I decided doing that on an airship probably wasn't a good idea. Soooo....

Drake uses a swift action to assume Pearl of Black Doubt stance, move-equivalent action to draw his weapon, takes his free five foot step forward, and attacks the halfling at H6, using the Devastating Throw maneuver. I assume that a successful throw will dismount the halfling, since a normal trip attack would.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Trip check is at +10 from strength mod, +4 for Improved Trip, +4 for being Large, and +4 from Devastating Throw itself.

I need to see how much I win the strength check by (Assuming it succeeds) to know how much damage to roll, and how far I can throw the Halfling.

PS: How far away is the edge of the deck :belkar:

Drake reacts almost instantly as he reaches the deck. His reflexes honed by the training at the monastery, he quickly takes in the situation and is moving into action almost before he has time to consciously process the scenario.

He instinctively falls into a martial stance as he whips the chain from it's resting place on his shoulders, taking a slight step forward and lashing out at the hapless halfling directly in front of him, banking on the small creatures not having taken his reach into account.

His attack arcs gracefully through the air, in an attempt to entangle the rider and wrest him from his mount forcefully.

Duke of URL
2008-04-10, 07:08 AM
Shredder

Shredder decides to rid at least one halfling of its mount. She starts an odd dancing movement in midair that anyone who can actually see her will likely recognize as the dance of the dervishes, charges forward, deals some quick slashing attacks, and then withdraws to pounce again.

- Under the effects of greater invisibility; rolls below assume they can't see invisible, ergo, bonus to hit and subject to sneak attacks... also granting total concealment for any AoOs
- Begin Dervish Dance (may move and make all attacks, as long as move 5' between attacks lasts 4 rounds
Move to G7, target mount at H7: [roll0] (+1 dervish dance, +2 invisible, ignores target's DEX), [roll1], [roll2]
Move to G6, same target: [roll3], [roll4], [roll5] <== I hate "Natural 1s"
Move to G5, target mount at H4: [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]
Move to G4, target mount at H4: [roll9], [roll10], [roll11]
Move to E1

If needing to make Tumble checks to avoid AoOs:

1st opponent: Take 10 for 26
2nd opponent: [roll12]
3rd opponent: [roll13]
4th opponent: [roll14]

Duke of URL
2008-04-10, 07:09 AM
Crit confirm: [roll0], [roll1]

Knight13
2008-04-10, 07:13 AM
Jaden

Jaden thinks, Fools, never take time out to talk during battle, and fires a pair of arrows at the halfling directly across from him.

Full Attack Action
targeting halfing at H4

Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Tomb_Raven
2008-04-10, 02:07 PM
Dorian Axom

Dorian flourishes his hand and with a mumble a bolt in his hand quickly grows and shoots towards one of the halflings.

casts melfs acid arrow

[roll0]

next round

[roll1]

round after

[roll2]

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 03:24 PM
Shredder's deadly dance gravely hurts the first mount and slays the second, but it's halfling mounter manages to land on it's feet, altough with a very suprised face.

Despite the invisible attacks attacking the halfing's atention for a moment, their atention quickly changes to the towering half dragon who advances, preparing to swing his spiked chain.

However, when the weapon ends geting entangled in Drake's wings, the halfling's can't do anything but burst in laughter togheter.

Then Jaden fires two arrows. Only one of them hits the target, but the halfling doesn't seem very hurt.

Owen follows his example and hits the glidewing in the far right with his bow.

Then the halfling at the center dismounts and advances while screaming:

"On your foots! Let's take the fight to them! Show those scruvy dogs what we're made off! CHARGE! NO MERCY NO SURRENDER!"

The little creatures then attack as one, not even giving oportunity for anyone on the party to use their weapons to halt their advance!

The spicked chains are swinged madly, the halfings attacking the first person who gets in their way. When it ends, only Shredder still isn't bleeding.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/blue22.gif

Ooc:

No, you didn't get any Aoos this turn. Let's just say you aren't the only guys in the world wich know maneuvers.

Dorian takes 29 damage.
Jaden takes 30 damage.
Drake takes 27 damage.
Owen takes 27 damage.
Arcos takes 28 damage.

Cray, you're sure you want to keep your action? If yes, then you'll need a concentration check to cast the infusion or take an Aoo.

Same for Tomb Raven.

GammaPaladin
2008-04-10, 03:44 PM
Drake growls angrily as he manages to flub his attempt at a first strike, and then roars in rage as the puny halflings dare to attack him.

"Oh, I believe I have had enough from you little people!"

He twirls his chain through a complex but swift pattern, and it erupts into flame. Quicker than the eye can follow, he lashes out, whipping his chain back and forth, from target to target in a blur of flames.

Swift action: Initiates Burning Blade
Full Attack Action: Whirlwind Attack

Attacks vs all six halflings (Rolls named for which square the halfling is in):
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

[EDIT: Argh, I forgot, the spiked chain is a two handed weapon and therefore gains 1.5 * STR Bonus to damage... So those damage rolls need an extra 5 damage each.

Da Beast
2008-04-10, 06:56 PM
5 ft step forward Full attack action against the Halfling in front of me, power attacking for 1. If I take him down with I'll cleave to the next one

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Swift action, White Raven Tactics on Drake. Because that first whirlwind was so nifty

Grimacing through the pain, Owen moves forward and lays into his opponent with a few powerful blows from his great sword before turning to shout to the giant at his side.

"Strike quickly! You have the advantage!"

GammaPaladin
2008-04-10, 07:34 PM
Drake grins as he feels a renewed energy fill him. Practically without pause, he flows from his first attack pattern into a second one. His stance shifts subtly, as he seems to plant his weight more firmly in place.

His chain lashes out again, following the same path as the last chain of attacks, but with a subtle difference, his strikes carefully gauged to knock the halflings off balance.

Ok, let's see if these little punks can stand up from prone without provoking AoO's.

Swift Action: Drake changes stance to Stonefoot stance.
Full Attack Action: Another Whirlwind Attack, but since Drake can't use Burning Blade to augment damage again, he's going to make a trip attempt with each strike.

Once again, coded for convenience:

Trip attempts (Touch attack, followed by trip check)
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Normal +22 trip check plus a +2 from Stonefoot Stance

Cray
2008-04-10, 07:51 PM
Woo

When the Halflings charge, Arcos just grabs his chain again with both hands. He didnt expect them to be that fast. He too, swings his chain at the enemy...

Full Attack:
AT: 1d20 + 12
Dam: [roll0] + 7
AT. [roll1] + 7
Dam: [roll2] +7

Case enemy down: Cleave:
AT: [roll3] +12if the first hit killed, +7 if the second hit killed
Dam: [roll4] +7

[b]With the damade I took, did you already subtract my Damagde reduction?

Cray
2008-04-10, 08:08 PM
Repeating AT 1:
[roll0]+12

Knight13
2008-04-10, 08:44 PM
Jaden

Even as Jaden winces from the halfling's attack, his leopard, which had been lurking behind him up to this point, explodes past him and attempts to sink her teeth into the halfling that dared to attack her master.

[OOC: I would like to have her charge, so I could get a Pounce in, but unfortunately she can't charge through my square.]

Leopard moves to C4
Bite attack on halfling in D4
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If the attack hits, use Improved Grab to start a grapple.
Grapple check: [roll2]

While his companion tears into her opponent, Jaden does something completely different. He drops his bow and suddenly begins to change. He grows larger, fur sprouts all over his body and his limbs and head begin to change. His clothes sink into his roiling form and he drops to all fours. When the transformation is complete, a huge tiger stands where he once was. His front claws go through one final change, growing even larger and digging into the wooden deck.

Free Action: drop weapon
Standard Action: Assume tiger form [OOC: note that I now have DR 10/silver.]
Move Action: Use Morphic Weapons to increase Claw damage to 2d6

[OOC: Damn, I really need to get the Quick Change feat from Savage Species, then I can transform as a move action. Then once I get to Warshaper 5th level I'll get Flashmorph and be able to do it as a free action. :smallsmile: ]

Da Beast
2008-04-10, 09:06 PM
Forgot in my first post, but I'll assign my dodge bonus to the halfling at D9

Gamma: Your first attack threatened a crit against D3

Duke of URL
2008-04-10, 09:12 PM
Shredder

She targets the halflings this time, slipping in behind for another series of strikes.

Move across the E row, targeting D3 with up to 3 strikes, then D4, and, if somehow they both drop, F6, then E7. Stop at E6 if either F6 or E7 is still standing, otherwise go to D7 -- in either case, try to get an AoO in.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]
[roll3], [roll4], [roll5]
[roll6], [roll7], [roll8]
[roll9], [roll10], [roll11]

Tomb_Raven
2008-04-10, 09:35 PM
Dorian

In that cade im gong to cast greater invisibility instead and get ready to retreat to a safer area a little further away from the pitched battle

concentration:

[roll0]

GammaPaladin
2008-04-10, 10:36 PM
Gamma: Your first attack threatened a crit against D3

Right... confirmation roll then:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-04-11, 06:31 PM
Arcos manages to land his first blow, but the halfing ripostes with a quick move from it's chain wich seems to turn into liquid fire and burns the artificer.

Dorian vanishes whitout trouble.

Shredder follows up with her deadly dance, but despite managing to cut the first halfling he manages to twist his body in the last moments to avoid his vitals being hit.

It's all for naught however, as Drake swings his flaming chain and literally tears that same hafling in half, while mutilating and burning the others, wich scream in pain. However, the four nearest halflings riposte by also turning their chains in liquid flame for a moment, three of them passing trough Drake's scales and armor and burning his flesh. The injuries are too great and the mighty draconic warrior falls.

HAAARRRRR-scream the halfings togheter, seeing the great beast fall.

Then Jaden shapeshifts while his leopard advances. The halfling tries to hit it with his spiked chain but misses, but the leopard fails to hurt the agile pirate.

Ooc:Well, you didn't tought that would be so easy did you?

Drake takes 38 damage from three firey ripostes, droping him to -1.
Arcos takes 12 damage from another firey riposte.

The halfling in the far left is dead. All the others were hit by Drake's attacks and look pretty hurt. Shredder's sneack attack is ineffective in the halflings(they dodge it, even not seeing her, but still took basic scimitar damage). Arcos landed the first attack. The leopard missed.

Dorian retreated to A1 and suceeded in casting the spell.

Owen, change your action, since Drake is somewhat busy bleeding to make another whirlwind attack.

Da Beast
2008-04-11, 09:18 PM
[spoiler]I'm a bit confused here, do the halflings have some ability allowing them to counter attack after Drake's first whirlwind? If so they don't have time to activate the burning blade maneuver. Otherwise my White Raven Tactics should have let Drake act again at initiative count 16, before the halflings got there turn.

If he is down then I'll do the same thing as before but instead target myself with white raven tactics.

Extra turn
Swift action, refresh all maneuvers
Attack against halfling at D8. If he's already down then I'll take a five foot step into D8 and attack the halfling at D9, potentially cleaving to the one at E7. If he's already down I'll take a five foot step into D8 and attack the halfling at E7.

[roll0]
[roll1][spoiler]

Owen steps forward and makes a few quick, powerful blows against the halfling in front of him. He then seems to focus himself, gaining new vigor before lashing out with one last attack.

Cray
2008-04-11, 11:59 PM
PLS Answer this

[OOC] It would be quite nice know, what the Halflings are doing. There small creatures, with means they have STR Malus and a weapons that deal 1d6 base damadge. So, if they manage to deal 28 pts of damaege with one singel blow, I definitively wanne know that move. On the other hand, if they dealt 28pt damadge with a ful round atack action, this means that Ive been hit more than once, and this again means my Damadge Reduction adds in multipple time too.

Oh, btw: You didnt tell me yet wether the Damadge you listed is bevore ore after my damadgereduction.

(In case nothing too importand happens bevor I can act)

Once again Arcos swings his chain on the Halfling on D9.

AT 1. [roll0]
Dam: [roll1]

AT 2: [roll2]
Dam: [roll3]

Case of Cleave D8:
AT: [roll4] +14 for 1. AT, +9 for 2nd AT
Dam: [roll5]

Tomb_Raven
2008-04-12, 04:39 AM
Dorian

Expressionlessly Dorian watches the battle waiting for someone to go down, hopefully one of the dragon things... they would make fine specimens.

Prepares an animate dead and will wander over to the first body that hits the floor and is a safe distance away from flaying chains and wrending claws

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 07:02 AM
The halfling sucumbs under the attacks, and Orwen takes the chance to cleave to the pirate at his left.

Ooc:
Cray:sorry, forgot to count DR for you from the first attack. The fire riposte, however, deals you full damage because it's a special kind of attack wich totally bypasses armor.

As for how they dealt so much damage, well, they have ToB stuff. Shaddow blade feat give dex to damage instead of Str(and halfling have lots of dex), then there's a maneuver wich adds +10 damage to a charge, and then one of them is in a stance wich adds +1 damage per iniator level in a charge...Well, you get the idea. ToB allows to easily deal lots of damage.

Brennus: It wasn't burning brand maneuver. It was fire riposte, imediate action. You have ToB, go check it out.

Now gonna roll Orwen's cleave attack.

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 07:04 AM
[roll0]

[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 07:09 AM
The greatsword spills the halfling's brains over the deck, but Orwen keeps the assault to avenge his fallen friend, hiting the next halfling with deadly precision.

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 07:10 AM
Confirm critical.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 07:55 AM
Orwen's blade impales itself into the halfling's heart, and one more dead body falls in the wood, but there are no more enemies at Orwen's reach for him to attack.

The two remaining pirates then look around. Orwen has slayed three of their comrades in seconds, one of the adventurers turned into a tiger with specially big claws, a trained leopard joined the fray and there is some invisible force slowly cuting at them.

Haaarrr...Maybe we tried to bite more than we can chew comrade...

Yes, this battle is over...You win, but you can be sure you'll hear of the Bloodwing raiders again, adventurers...HAARRR!-screams the other.

Then sudendly both halflings disapear in cloud of black smoke, and reapear in another dark cloud in the middle of the air to the left side of the ship. As they fall into the air, one of them lets out a whistle and one of the glidewings flies towards them. You see as the halflings skillfully get an hold of the mount in mid air and get over it, starting to fly away.

Ooc:Well, three more halflings dead, and the two wich were still on foot, as far as you can tell, teleported out of the ship, and the glidewing at H7 flew to catch it.

The other glidewings are still on the ship's deck, but they aren't doing anything.

If you want to try to catch the run away halflings, they're 20 feets left from E1, mounted in a glidewing. They're in the middle of the air, so you can only catch them with ranged attacks or by flying towards them with your own means(the ship's deck ends at column 1).

Otherwise, well, there are bodies to loot and trained glidewings sell well on the market, or so you heard.

Cray
2008-04-12, 08:43 AM
Well, lets patch up.

Arcos puts his chain back where it was, and pulls out his wand. He looks at it for a few moments, then he moves towards drake, and points at him.

Maximised Cure lesser Wounds, +9 HP.

Anyone else needs be patched up? I just have the right thing here...

When he's finished, he stars searching over the dead bodies.

Well, as I said, I wana know that move. It seams, not knowing ToB is quite making a fighter useless. :smallyuk:
So, with one of those Feats can I get? That riposte thing looks quite intresting, not to speak about the Charge.if there not class abilities, that is.
PS: i wrode your explanation in the receruting tread abput the Halfling move, but I couldnt remove my Post, since Im not allowed to edit Posts with dice Rolles in it... sorry.

Knight13
2008-04-12, 12:15 PM
Jaden

Jaden pads around the deck, poking at fallen halflings to make sure they're down for good and tearing the throats out of any that aren't quite dead yet.

Once finished with his "inspection", Jaden transforms again, this time into a tiger/human hybrid. "It seems my secret is out, though somehow I doubt any of you are allies of the Silver Flame. Yes, I am a lycanthrope."

Duke of URL
2008-04-12, 01:45 PM
Shredder

Shredder isn't about to let them get away so easily. If she can reach them in a single move action, she will do so, and use her dancing abilities to unleash attacks on their mounts.

I'd like to see them try to fly without those...

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2] (+7 from OOC)

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 02:37 PM
Shredder's attacks are deadly precise, and the glidewing falls like a rock, dragging the two pirate halflings riders screaming all the way untill they disapear from view.

Soon thereafter, the captain appears on the deck, carrying a blade in each hand and with a very scared face.

Everything was so silent...Is it over?

Then it notices the butchered corpses in the ground.

Oh, thanks the gods you managed to take them. I had heard rumors that pirates had grew bold enough to attack airships, but I never tought it would happen to me, you know?

He then turns back and yells:

Get here you bunch of sissies. Our honored clients took the effort of driving back that vile scum. This is real adventurers we have here, not some heartless rats like you.

Then the rest of the crew appears, carrying several strange tools, and disperse over the deck, worcking in the elemental ring that has some cracks over it, aparently caused by the riders, and bowing politely to the party while murmuring ashamed excuses for their cowardice.

The captain them seems to notice the Glidewings, and carefully aproaches them. Geting an hold of their reigns, he pushes them and calls some of the crew members who tie their wings with ropes. Then the captain turns to you again and asks.

Hmm, trained adult glidewings sell for very good money if you know who to ask, but it takes worck to find those right buyers. Those fine animals are yours by right of possession, but let me propose you a deal. Ninety silver pearls for each head, I offer you for them. You probably don't need them, but I can give them good use.

Ooc:

Well, the airship is being repaired and will be moving soon.

The captain offers you 90 silver pearls for each glidewing. That's the equivalent of 900 gold for each dinossaur.

Here's the loot from the halfling:

1st body-empty
2nd body-60000 CP, 34 white pearls
3rd body-500 GP
4th body-1100 GP, 4 black pearls, gloves of arrow snaring, bag of holding type II

Divide it as you see fit, decide what to do with the bodies, think about the captain's proposition. I'll continue the travel in some hours.

Da Beast
2008-04-12, 07:36 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Trying to activate my endless wand until either I get two successful results or roll a one. Targeting Drake

[roll8]
[roll9]

Owen pulls out a small wand studded with dragon shards. He focuses for a minute or two, trying to unlock the magic within. Afterwards he stands up, returning the wand to his pocket.

"Anyone feel up to retrieving those last two bodies?"

I propose that we sell the glide wings to the captain and sell all the equipment from the halflings when we get to stormreach (assuming it's nothing special and we can find a buyer). We split all the money evenly. With the magic items, we add their sell price to the net profit and if someone wants to keep one It will come out of the gold they would otherwise receive. Sound good?

Edit: Guess only the first cure light wounds works :smallannoyed:

Cray
2008-04-13, 12:30 AM
Well, bout the splitting. there is one really BIG drawback in what you propose.
And thats me, you know.
No serious. Selling magic Items is quite a bad Idea, for they can be recycled. I mean, I am an Artificer. I can craft everything you might possibly like. And if I crak up the magc stuff we find, I even do not have to spend XP for.

Well, on the other hand, if you really like to run through the whole city selling stuff and not finding what you seek...:smallcool:

BTW: a Bag of Holding II is selling for 2500 GP. So unless those Pearls are worth mor than 1000 GP each, no one will be able to bu them.

Da Beast
2008-04-13, 07:03 AM
Didn't think of that. I think you're right and that holding on to them is a better idea but that means we'll need a new system to try and keep everything fair.

GammaPaladin
2008-04-13, 03:53 PM
Drake staggers to his feet as Arcos' wand brings him back to consciousness and then nods his thanks to Owen as well.

"I take it we won." He grins... disturbingly, considering his unique dentition.

"I have some healing potions, if anyone requires, though hopefully we will have time to rest and recover at our destination." He shakes his head to clear it, and then grins at the bodies on the floor.

"Nice work my friends!"

I'd like the bag of holding, to be honest. It's the 500lb capacity, 25lb weight variety, which is actually worth 5000, but it would make Drake an even better pack mule later. His light load limit is 1224lbs, which would become 1699 with the help of the bag of holding. Might be helpful for carrying all the loot later.

But if you guys would rather sell it and split the proceeds, that's ok.

Cray
2008-04-13, 04:26 PM
Well, we where not defeated, but I doubt we really won. They will come back, and then they will be prepared better. And better keep your potions for later. At the moment, we have other ways to cure those who need. Anyone can use a potion on a unconscious one, but only a few can use a magic device.

His light load limit is 1224lbs
Well, I sugest you carry the 1200 lbs in cooper coins then.:smallbiggrin:

As Brennus and I discussed before, we shuld not sell any magic Item at all.
So, who ever carries that Bag will be carring a loot of stuff soone.:smalltongue: Then again, it does not really mater who carries it.

Oslecamo
2008-04-13, 04:53 PM
Ooc: Uupppss, still didn't give out exp.

Drake-2625 exp (because he did LA buyoff he's lower lv and gains more exp)

Everybody else-2000 exp.

Duke of URL
2008-04-14, 06:32 AM
Shredder

The pixie rematerializes on the deck. "And that, gentlemen, is why they call me Shredder," she says. She agrees to the idea of searching for the other two bodies (unless the physics of the situation make that ridiculous).

I'm good with selling the glidewings to the captain -- Shredder already has flight and the glidewings don't appear to be able to take much punishment. As for the rest of the goods, I'll go along with whatever division y'all agree to -- if its unbalanced for now, we can make that up in later encounters.

Oslecamo
2008-04-14, 07:22 AM
Sorry for overhearing your conversation-says the captain-But the elemental ring will take us some time to repair. We're currently floating some hundreds of feets above the sea. Too dangerous to jump and too high for ladders, but those of you who can fly could go and search the corpses. With a little luck they'll be still floating, but well, it's night and the sea is prety big. You would need a good eye to find those small(but vicious) pirates. But don't delay yourselves too long. I was paid to deliver you in time and I intend to do so. Plus I don't want to risk any more nasty ecounters.

Ooc:Anyone with flying capacity can go out of the ship and try a spot or search check. You only have time to do one of those per character, wichever you prefer. Depending on the check you can get you may find none, one or two bodies. Drake is strong enough to carry people with him to help him search/spot. It's night so those whitout dark/low light vision will get a penalty.

Duke of URL
2008-04-14, 07:34 AM
Shredder

The pixie goes invisible again and tries to find the halfling bodies.

[roll0], [roll1]; Senses: Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60'
Edit: Whoops... only one roll counts -- sorry I didn't read that right before. Same modifier, so we'll have to go with the first one. The second was a natural 20, too... :smallfrown:

Da Beast
2008-04-14, 08:07 AM
It'd probably be best if Drake carried Jaden and myself down to look for the bodies.

[roll0]

How about we just split the money evenly and give out magic items based on need and fairness? Giving Drake the bag of holding is a good idea, but I don't really care who gets the gloves.

Also, will we have time to rest and heal a bit of damage before we reach Stormreach?

Cray
2008-04-14, 11:00 AM
Well capitain, then I have two questions. How long, do you estimate, will it take to get to Stormreach? And is there any way I can help you with that ring?

Oslecamo
2008-04-14, 12:19 PM
We should be there in less than one hour. Stormreach should be at sight anytime now. Those pirates probably had a base in Xen'drik's coast from wich to launch their attacks, since it's dangerous to venture too far away from land in a darkness like this.

I thank you for your offer for help, but you see, each airship is an airship and it's fueling elemental has it's own personality. My crew is used to work with it, but strangers interacting with it directly may scare him or worst. Don't worry, it'll be working in a couple of minutes.

Cray
2008-04-14, 12:45 PM
Ok, alright then. But do you mind if I watch your crew fixing it? You know, im quite intrested in such things.

Then, after a second, he adds.

They might have a base near here you say? Well, a shame were hired. I'd like to return the courtesy of an unanounced vistit to them.
Perhaps later.

GammaPaladin
2008-04-15, 02:52 AM
Alrighty, Drake will carry anyone who wants to search or spot.

Drake's own spot check:
[roll0]

Naturally, he's strong enough to lift the bodies back up too, if they're found. And he has low light vision and 60 foot darkvision ;)

I really love being a half-ogre/half-dragon lol

Drake shakes his head again, clearing the last of the fog from it.

"Ah, that is a good point, I will keep the potions in reserve then. The Spirits know I certainly cannot use those wands."

"If you wish to search for the other bodies, I will assist. I can probably carry the sharper eyed."

He tests his wings to see if they have taken any damage.

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 05:49 AM
Drake and Shredder manage to find both bodies floating in the water and carry it back to the airship.

Ooc:

5th body-250 pp, 11 freshwater pearls

6th body-8000 sp, mysterious nice looking slippers, runed spear, vial with red mysterious elixir.

Well my treasure tables surely love you.

I totally forgot I'm not suposed to tell automatically what the magic items are. You're gonna have to identify these ones the old way:smalltongue:

Gonna continue travel in a couple of hours.

Cray
2008-04-15, 06:13 AM
When the expeditiond comes back with the lot of stuff, Arcos looks quite intrested

Well, there you are guys. Well done, well done. Uhm, may I have a look on those Items?

Then he takes one item after the other, and looks at it quite a time...

Ok, try the old way.

Artificer Knovledge:
Slippers:[roll0]
Spear: [/rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
Healing Potion: [roll1] (Well, that one was obvious... I hope...)

Cray
2008-04-15, 06:14 AM
rerolling spear: [roll0]

Knight13
2008-04-15, 06:36 AM
Jaden

Jaden reverts to his human form and gathers up his quiver and bow.

"We haven't even made it to Xen'drik yet and we're already under attack, somehow I think this job is going to be even harder then expected."

Jaden pokes at the wounds inflicted by the pirate's spiked chain.

"By the way, I could use some of that healing magic."

Duke of URL
2008-04-15, 06:59 AM
Shredder

Shredder tries to really old fashioned method of trying to simply appraise the items' value.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

She looks up at Jaden. "Oh, well then, this might help!" She pulls a wand out of her sack.

Cray
2008-04-15, 08:07 AM
Well, just a second with that wand...

Arcos reaches out to touch the wand.
Infusion: Metamagic Item: Maximise Spell

Duke of URL
2008-04-15, 08:20 AM
Shredder

"Thanks." Shredder points the infused wand at Jaden twice, using up its power for the day.

cure moderate wounds, maximized = max(2d8) + 3 (CL 3) = 19, twice for 38.

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 08:48 AM
Arcos concludes that both the slippers and the elixir are magic. The spear remains unknown.

After Shredder's carefully analysis, the spear's carefull design, exeptionally sharp(probably magical) blade and arcane looking runes, would probably have costed around two thousand gold pieces in a shop, give or take some hundreds. The slippers, with his delicate and smooth threads(they really look magic) should have costed around double of the spear.

The elixir could be anything from strawberry juice to red dragon's blood.

Sorry to interrupt, but ship be ready, lads, please come back inside, this time time we sail full speed ahead to avoid more nasty ecounters.-says the captain-I'll keep the bodies of the halflings, maybe there is some reward for them in town

However, when he looks back, you all notice Dorian reciting strange encantations while walking among the dead bodies. Sudenly, they raise, and first their, and then their flesh turns to dust revealing their dry bones and skulls.

Oh, sorry, I tought you didn't need those anymore-says Orwen calmly-I think it's only fiting for them to fight for us for repaying trying this bothersome attack.

The captain mumbles something under his teeths and orders the crew to go back inside the ship.

After returning to the waiting room, you sudenly feel a strong push back and when you look at the windows you can see you now advance at around twice the original speed, long flames coming from the elemental ring.

Effectively, in some minutes you manage to see Stormreach in the Horizon, and in less than an hour you're landing on top of a big tall wooden building wich stands above all the others, the recent air dock built to promote flying commerce and transport. You can't see much of the city due to the darkness, but you notice it's mostly done of crudly build two or three store simple wooden houses, with just a dozen stone more sophisticated buildings in the middle. The tall trees of the jungles stand just a few meters from the most outer buildings. As you all know, Stormreach has been leveled and rebuilt several times by attacks from angry giants, cunning drows and vicious beasts. But the income of adventurers and the efforts of the houses keep the city going and growing. Xen'drik's treasures are the main industry of the Stormreach, whose buildings are mainly focused on providing services to the adventurers and exploerers who dwell in the jungle, plus barracks full of authorities and soldiers wich keep some degree of order in the city and try to make sure that the governments of the five countries get a slice of the treasures.

A group of servants is waiting for you, and after handing a bag full of coins to the captain and praising him for his good worck, they take you inside the building, trough a maze of corridors and stairs untill you reach a medium sized room, with a fireplace, a big table and several chairs. Several tankards of bear and plates with bread and smoking meat are over it,just as if they had been served.

Waiting for you inside is a beatifull looking elve with golden hair with a silver tiara, white skin, blue eyes, tight leather clothes and a rapier at ther waist. She doesn't look frail like most elfs, but more like a tough sharp knife. Her eyes are full of cunning and her voice is somewhat arrogant but friendly. Taking a gulp from her tankard, she speaks:

Well, well, right on schedule boys and girl. I'm Anabela, and I'll be your guide in this hell above heart wich you people call Xen'drik. We will depart tomorrow night, so you can make any last minute shoping and preparation here in the city. I've spent the last days making my job, to see if all of you youngsters can make it back in one piece. The drows are preparing for an important cerimony, and the orb will be in the same temple for a week, starting after tomorrow. If we can't catch it by then, then it will be more weeks or months of worck for me to find it again. Company told me you were the best of the best. I hope this ain't just talk, because those drows we're gonna meet are the nastiest of them all. I want a clean job. We get in , we get the orb, and we get out. You stomp however gets in our way, but you don't get out of the way I tell you. The drows keep a lot of nasty pets in those dungeons of theirs. Actually, we can only suceed because the drows have deep rivarlies between them. If we attack a group, the others won't probably come for help out due to their stupid society rules of castes and rule of strongest yada yada. What I basically mean, try to don't bite more than you can chew, because if you do I'll leave you behind.

Anabela takes another gulp of beer.

Well, just one more question to settle in. There aren't safe routes to the temple. There are just less deadly routes. I've identified the three less dangerous, and I'll let you choose wich one you prefer.

First, a nasty nomad hill giant tribe that decided to settle, around a week ago, in what I tought was a relatively safe pass, oh joy. Stupid, bad and strong, a dangerous combination. They're around fourty, with a dire wolves pack, some dozens ogres pals, and slaves. However we won't need to face all of that if we try to get into their territorry, unless we enter on their main camp. By going slightly around we'll probably just find some raiding party of theirs, wich we can easily defeat if we worck togheter.

Second, we can try to pass trough the sanctuary that those ashbound tree hugging orcs are trying to build in the middle of the jungle. They're around sixty, with several degrees of experience and strenght. Their leader is a druid to wich is actually possible talking whitout fighting, but some of his pals are really hotblooded and will attack us if we carry anything "not natural".

Third, we can go trough a really tick patch of forest. I personally never had any problem with it, but it's been a while since I've been there, and the last notices I heard tell of some mysterious beast or beasts that now stalcks that zone and eats anything that dares enter it.

So, wich one do you prefer?

Questions?

Ooc: Tomb Raven is currently with net problems so I'll NPC him a little.

Cray
2008-04-15, 09:31 AM
Well, if you ask like that, yes. So you know anything special about the Drow, beside there egos? Any known weknesses, favorite battletactics, average size of there shoes? Anything that could help us prepare for an advantage.

GammaPaladin
2008-04-15, 10:26 AM
Drake just sits and listens quietly, content to let the others plan. It would be silly for him to interfere, after all he's no tactician, and the masters were always telling him how slow he was.

When he gets a chance, he looks for a way to get the wounds he still has healed (Since he's not likely to heal 52 points of damage just by sleeping), and looks around the city to see if there are any Wu Jen willing to allow him to study their spells.

The masters at the monastery would whack him on the head if he didn't continue his studies.

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 12:46 PM
Anabela looks at Arcos with a cynical look.

Silly boy... If we knew the drows exact tactics and weakness then we wouldn't need to call you. The best I can tell you is that they're a very diverse bunch, and don't seem to be too picky about their weapons. I've seen them use poison and explosives. They've already burned, freezed, shocked and liquified the other adventurers I've worcked with. I've seen them control golems and bring forth all kind of undeads.

They've been locked in this harsh jungle for milleniums, and it seems they spent most of their time improving their own strenghts. In drow society, power is measured not by how many or how powerfull servants you have or how much goods you have but by how powerfull your own person is. Because of that, each drow develops his own combat style, gets his own weapons and uses his own tactics. And when you get to live centuries, then you have a lot of time to perfect those. Each and every adult drow is a sophisticated combat machine with his own tricks and quircks, wich he or she will try to keep as secret as possible from everybody else to don't reveal any weackness they may have. At best, they may teach them to their own child or some very special protege, but no more.

So, unlike us elves, drows favor individuality. There is no such thing as a group of drows. There are only drows that may be worcking with the same purpose in mind, but each of them cares first and foremost about him or her. One or more drows may show loyalty for another stronger drow, but as soon as the master shows any sign of weackness the servants will seek to take his place.

That would also explain why we have our nice little kingdom and they are living in the midde of this chaos. You can't build society if nobody trusts anybody. Not all drows are vicious killers, it's true, and some of them are actually nice guys(with wich I keep some contacts), but drows are taught from little to trust only about themselves, and this leads to them seeking to improve only themselves. The ultimate goal of any drow is to become as perfect and strong as possible. A drow showing compassion, mercy or kindness to another drow is the worst insult they can give to each other.

So, if you want any advice about what you could do to get an advantage against them, I advise you to prepare to everything you can think off as best as possible.

The elf takes another gulp of beer.

Ooc:Drake will find a nice little mage's center were all kind of arcane casters converge to discuss magic and trade items, and where you can ask to burrow spellbooks to copy spells for the usual fee.

Duke of URL
2008-04-15, 01:05 PM
Shredder

After hearing about the likelihood of running into significant numbers of undead and golems, Shredder slides up to Arcos and starts inquiring as to his ability to fashion some magical bracers for her to allow her to use her abilities against them to her fullest extent.

Cray
2008-04-15, 02:23 PM
Well, crafting such bracers would take about a week, and thats exactly the one thing we dont really have. Time. What I can offer you is to turn your main weapon into Adamantine for one battle. That, at least may help against hardend constructs.But, unfortuantly, I dont have the time for crafting unless you can persuand our employers to wait another month.

[OOC] I cant craft items while on tje jurney through the jungel, can I?

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 02:26 PM
Ooc:no conditions for that.

Da Beast
2008-04-15, 08:56 PM
O(r :smalltongue:)wen listens intently to Anabela, occasionally sipping from his beer. When she finishes he appears to be deep in though before he leans forward to speak.

"I don't want to fight any druids. I faced enough in the war and those are memories I'd just as soon forget. I'd also prefer an enemy we know to an unknown man eater. If you think we'll be able to negotiate safe passage across the ashbound territory than it's worth a shot, but my vote goes for the giants."

Cray
2008-04-17, 12:28 AM
Uhm, other question... shall we get the spear and the slippers identifyed, or shall we wait, until we're back?

Duke of URL
2008-04-17, 08:11 AM
Shredder

"Well, since we're not leaving until tomorrow night, I think we should get them identified and then take the opportunity to procure any last minute items we might need."

Cray
2008-04-17, 08:26 AM
So, then. I guess I shal have another close look on those things, now that the troubble of the battle is over...

Once again, Arcos takes the 3 Items out to inspect them...

Knowlede(Arcana)
Spear: [roll0]
Slippers: [roll1]
Potion: [roll2]

PS: Identify still costs 100 GP components?

Oslecamo
2008-04-17, 12:25 PM
Arcos feels that the spear's enchantment is the most basic possible weapon enanchment.

The slippers remain a mystery, but normally such items offer bonus to movement.

The liquid doesn't seem to be a regular potion.

Cray
2008-04-17, 01:39 PM
I guess this would be quite, uhm... expensive. And that spear doesnt really seem to be that special.

Knight13
2008-04-17, 08:14 PM
Jaden

"I also think we should take the path with the giants. Such creatures are strong, but not very bright. If we do encounter a raiding party, it shouldn't be too difficult to lure them into an ambush or avoid them entirely. Also, it's unlikely that they have much in the way of spellcasters, if any at all."

"We should also spend some time devising battle strategies. It's obvious that we each have our own specialties and we should come up with ways to best make use of them. For instance, I'm very stealthy, especially in my tiger form, so I think I and Ayla here (indicating the leopard at his side) should scout ahead of the rest of the group as we travel, so we'll be forewarned about potential enemies in our path."

Da Beast
2008-04-17, 11:23 PM
Hmm... I don't like the idea of sending someone out on there own. I think that first we need to all now a bit about each other's talents. I'm a somewhat accomplished scout myself, but during the war I mainly served as a shock trooper, sneaking close to vital positions before charging in and eliminating the opposition."

Cray
2008-04-18, 12:23 AM
Now thats a problem. Sending a scout into enemy teritorry is always a dangerous task. Not to send one, on the otherhand is a foolish one, and not less dangerous for shure. Oh, and my powers are less focust in destruction, than in construction. I can swing my chain, too, but my true strength is the craft of magical items.

GammaPaladin
2008-04-18, 02:35 AM
Drake grins.

"My training has been rather focused on martial combat. The monks tried to teach me of the elements and spirits, but I am not so quick a study at such things, and exhausted even their patience. So my talents in that area are rather limited."

"I'm not terribly subtle I'm afraid. Just point me at whatever you'd like smashed."

Oslecamo
2008-04-18, 05:13 AM
Actually, I'm the one who's being paid for scouting in the middle of all this. Adventuring alone in Xen'Drik alone whitout experience on the territory is very dangerous. I may do it, but it's because I'm rather good at running away when it's needed, but in our case running away won't really be an option.

Anyway, the giants may not be very stealthy, but mr.Drake over there surely will stand a lot in the middle of the jungle, and Arcos armor will be heard from a good distance. It's almost impossible we all pass undetected trough the jungle.

However, the pixie girl, for what I was informed, is rather good at passing unnoticed and scouting. Now she I would let explore the path ahead alone.

Duke of URL
2008-04-18, 07:04 AM
Shredder

"That is what I get paid for, after all. Well, that, and what I do after I sneak into or past where other people don't want me."

She smiles wryly at the group. "Just make sure to come quickly if it sounds like I need help."

Oslecamo
2008-04-20, 05:15 PM
Then we'll face the giants it seems. I'll let the other lady of our group scout us.
Well, if you don't jave any more questions, then I'll meet you at the western gate tomorrow by sun set. Make sure you buy anything you may need now because we aren't going to see a shop so soon.

Ooc:Decide what to buy, and since we're at it, decide a party formation, who goes in front, who goes in back, or I will put you randomly.

Knight13
2008-04-20, 09:10 PM
OOC: Jaden will purchase a Spell Component pouch in Stormreach (forgot to buy one before the game started).

While travelling, Jaden will stay in tiger form and will stay a little distance away from the rest of the party, off to the side of the path but within sight of the party. He will also move as stealthily as possible and remain alert for potential danger, making Hide, Move Silently, Spot and Listen checks as necessary (remember to use the skill modifiers on my tiger form sheet). Note that Jaden has the Improved Scent feat, so he can detect creatures by scent alone from as far as 60 feet away. Ayla will do the same on the other side of the main party.

Also, I want to know if I can rig some sort of harness that will allow Jaden to carry his pack and quiver while in tiger form. If that's not possible, he'll ask Drake to carry them.

GammaPaladin
2008-04-21, 05:32 PM
Drake will seek out a healer first, he still has 52 HP to heal... I guess we don't have any actual healers, just wands and potions? This will be an interesting adventure O.o

If he has any money left afterwards, he might see about getting an eternal wand with one cure spell or another in it... How much did we each get from the loot off the halflings again?

Duke of URL
2008-04-21, 09:03 PM
Shredder

Shredder will pick up a handful of golem strike and grave strike scrolls (3 each should do). In general, she will scout ahead, invisible, flying, and moving as silently as possible.

Oslecamo
2008-04-26, 02:12 PM
Seeing how drake still has some ugly wounds and asks about healers, Orwen aproaches and touches him. The half dragon feels positive energy flowing trough his body and his injuries heal.

"There, big guy. Undeads may be my speciality, but back at school I was forced to also learn how to patch up the living. All smooth now."

Then each of you go to their business, but next day when you finally arrive at the meeting point Anabela is no where to be seen, and Orwen is also missing. But then, you hear someone complain loudly.

"I already said I'm sorry, all right?"

Turning back you see Orwen being draged by an ear by Anabela. The necromancer has now a shining tatoo in his forehead. Anabela turns to you and says:

"Guess what people? Our little magical prodigy hear decided to go and make his skeletons dig the local graveyard for more corpses. City guard caught him, and he at least had the good sense of don't starting a fight, but still tried to run away. Ended up being caught and still would be in a cozy antimagic cell if I hadn't heard of it. I used my contacts to manage to skip a trial and set him free, but they still put him this ward in his big head. It blocks all kind of necromantic powers. We don't have time to remove it properly so we'll have to pass whitout his undeath powers, but since he already's been paid he comes with us. Maybe we can send him desecrate the giant's graveyard as a distraction... Well, everybody ready? Let's go."

The elf woman lets go of Orwen's ear and advances towards the jungle trees some feets ahead, mumbing something you can't discern.

Ooc: Ok, jungle crawl started.

Roll your hide and move silently if you want them(need to move at half speed or at full speed with a -5 penalty)

Everybody roll spot and listen checks.

Da Beast
2008-04-26, 08:02 PM
Before leaving Owen deposits his recent earnings at the local House Kundurak enclave, picking up a letter of credit while he's at it. (Exactly how much money did we get?)

[roll0]
[roll1]

If I can I'll just take 10 on my stealth skills while moving at full speed for 15 in each.

Duke of URL
2008-04-27, 02:03 PM
Shredder

The pixie goes invisible and takes point, flying gently over the ground ahead of the group.

Roll your hide and move silently if you want them(need to move at half speed or at full speed with a -5 penalty)

Everybody roll spot and listen checks.
[/I]

Reduce fly speed to 30', moving silently and practicing stealth, just in case.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

Knight13
2008-04-27, 05:12 PM
Hide - [roll0]
Move Silently - [roll1]
Spot - [roll2]
Listen - [roll3]

Cray
2008-04-27, 06:08 PM
Necromancers... Arcos shakes his head when Anabela told the story.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

befor we start, Arcos heals himself with a few maximised charges from his staff...

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 08:40 AM
As she advances inside the forest, Shredder sudenly notices something big behind some trees that isn't exactly made of wood. As she carefully aproaches she sees it's a hill giant wich carefully tries to hide and remain silent behind some truncks. He wears crude leather armor, a bone spear and a bone axe at his back, and his hands play with some big chuncks of rock. He seems to don't have noticed the little pixie flying some feets near him.

Drake is carrying Jaden's equipment that he can't carry around in tiger form.

Big green circles are trees, block line of sight, movement and line of effect. They're around 50 feets tall if someone want to jump/fly above them.

The big black/gray circle is the giant.

Current situation

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/blue200-2.gif

Shredder, decide what to do.

Duke of URL
2008-05-01, 09:13 AM
Shredder

The scouting pixie moves quietly back to the main party. "Halt," she whispers, before returning to her position.

Move back to I6 at half speed, free action to speak, move (in lieu of standard action) forward to C6 at half speed.

[roll0], [roll1] (if necessary)

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 10:17 AM
As the main body of the party stops moving, the sound of their armors clinging stops and Shredder can see that the giant seems to notice it. He holds still with a big rock in each hand, carefully looking around, waiting for something to happen.

Duke of URL
2008-05-01, 11:04 AM
Shredder

Too late to fool him into thinking nobody's here... can he be put down quickly enough to not raise an alarm? I hope the others come quickly... She creeps closer to the giant.

Hoping to move, then attack, getting a surprise round and then winning initiative. Intended actions:

Move (1/2 speed) to A8 [roll0], [roll1]

[roll2]

Surprise (if applicable): [roll3], [roll4], [roll5]

1st Round: [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]
[roll12], [roll13], [roll14]
[roll15], [roll16], [roll17]

Edit: forgot +2 to all attack rolls for being invisible... that makes the attack rolls: 36, 22, 29, 20, 19, respectively.

Duke of URL
2008-05-01, 11:09 AM
2 potential critical hits to confirm (adding in the +2 for being invisible I forgot above)

Nervewrack: On a critical hit, the opponent receives the following penalties
due to pain for 1d4 rounds (no save):
a) –2 penalty to AC, attack rolls, weapon damage, and Reflex
saves;
b) movement is ˝; and
c) casting spells requires a Concentration check vs. DC 15.

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 11:39 AM
The suprise attack catches the giant totally unaware, cuting him deeply and making him scream in agony as the nervewrack slows him down. Yet he stands and tries to fight off the invisibla attacker.

Giant hunter's iniative:[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 12:00 PM
I..I may not be able to see you, but I know you are there! DIE!

With these words the giant lets out a loud scream that echoes trough the jungle and takes out his bone axe, swinging it at the zone where the pixie is.

Giant has blind fight, so he gets to reroll miss chances due to invisibility one time per attack. I'll roll twice for each attack to save time. 1-50 is a hit. 51-100 is a miss.

[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

[roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

[roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11]

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 12:21 PM
The first two blows manage to hit the pixie, but the third time the large weapon head just swings by her side.

Shredder then counter attacks, and the giant this time manages to keep his vital points out of the blade's reach, but still can't avoid being cut some more times. The hunter keeps roaring all the time, but in his eyes shines a malevolent intelgent glow.

His massive body is slowed by the nervewrack, but he seems like he's ready for more.

Shredder took 32 damage total.

The giant hunter took 28 damage total. After the suprise round he managed to evade sneack attack in melee.

Iniative for everybody else:

Anabela:[roll0]
Dorian:[roll1]
Jaden:[roll2]
Drake:[roll3]
Owen:[roll4]
Arcos:[roll5]

Jaden can hear, over the scream, that something or someone is geting to the combat zone. It should arrive in around six seconds.

Hmm, and where is nervewrack from again? Does it stack with itself?

Duke of URL
2008-05-01, 12:46 PM
Shredder took 32 damage total.

Did you include Shredder's damage resistance of 10/cold iron?

The giant hunter took 28 damage total. After the suprise round he managed to evade sneack attack in melee.

Unless this is another house rule, I think not. Since I, the attacker, am invisible, "The defender loses any Dexterity bonus to AC. This bonus doesn’t apply if the target is blinded." (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm) and "The rogue’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target." (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/Classes/rogue.htm)

Hmm, and where is nervewrack from again? Does it stack with itself?

I got it from Crystal Keep... I thought the reference was Drow of the Underdark, but apparently, it's from Dungeon Magazine instead. Oops. I can replace it if you like. I would assume that it doesn't stack, but that successive hits could extend the duration.

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 02:02 PM
The giant hunter has blind fight. Besides allowing him to reroll miss chances against invisible oponents, it allows him to don't be flatfooted when fighting an invisible enemy in melee(check the srd for complete rules). You can still flanck him or attack from range however to get sneack attack damage. With all the drows there are in the jungle, blindfight is handy for any monster who lives time enough to get some class levels.

You got to score sneack attack damage in the first round because he still hadn't noticed someone was near him, but once you attacked the giant it noticed you, won iniative and the blindfight protected him from further sneack attacks.

And yes I acounted for the DR in the damage you reveived. I will assume the neverwrack doesn't stack with itself then.

Duke of URL
2008-05-01, 02:10 PM
Hmmm... that's what I get for never actually reading the description for Blind Fight. :smalleek:

Okay, then, change of tactics...

Cray
2008-05-02, 12:01 AM
When he hears the giant scream, Arcos tries to run into a position where he can attak it.

Arcos moves to G5 (unless that place will be blocked by Drake, who can act first.
(Hm, speed 20 means i can move 8 squares on the map when runing or charging, right?)

Da Beast
2008-05-02, 12:37 AM
As soon as Shredder tells the group to halt Owen draws his sword

Knight13
2008-05-03, 06:32 PM
Jaden

Jaden abandons stealth and bounds forward to confront the giant and the new threat.

Move Action: Move to E4
Standard Action: Ready an action to use Jaden's Bite attack on the giant or the approaching creature, if either of them attacks him. If the attack hits, Jaden will use Improved Grab to start a grapple.

OOC: By the way, where's my leopard?

Oslecamo
2008-05-03, 07:58 PM
Ooc:Ouch I knew I forgeted something. Let's say he was just behind you, hiding very well.

Oslecamo
2008-05-05, 05:08 AM
Ooc:Gammapaladin seems to have disapeared, so he'll lose his turn for now.

Arcos turn.

Da Beast
2008-05-05, 11:04 PM
[roll0]

I'll take a double move to E5

Oslecamo
2008-05-06, 02:56 AM
Ooc:your iniativehas already been rolled in post 122.

Cray
2008-05-06, 05:06 AM
After having moved into position, Arcos charges the giant (Ending up aroung C7)

I have posted my movement already, so I suppose Im in attack now...

Charge: [roll0]

Case Critical:AT: [roll2]

Oslecamo
2008-05-06, 11:34 AM
Shredder flies slighly up, managing to get away from the giant's sharp senses. The massive hunter then looks around and notices Arcos aproaching, and advances at him roaring, squeezing himself trough the trees and then swinging violently his bone axe with both hands!

[roll0]

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/blue200-3.gif

Ooc:Sorry Cray, I hadn't noticed you had already posted your action. My bad. Your attack will have to wait for next turn.

I assumed Shredder flied 5 feet up to the sky to avoid the giant from what Duke said in the Ooc thread.

The giant has changed position and is now vulnerable to direct attacks from the party, so if anybody wants to change their actions say so. Remember that is' a large tall creature and thus has natural reach 10.

This is the current iniative order, ignoring Drake untill Gammapaladin shows signs of life again:

Arcos
Giant(ended his turn now)
Owen
Anabela
Shredder
Jaden
Doarian

Oslecamo
2008-05-06, 11:35 AM
The giant's axe hits the brave martial artificer!

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-05-06, 11:36 AM
Ooc:Arcos takes 21 points of damage, already taking in acount damage reduction.

I forgot nervewrack, math is correct now.

Duke of URL
2008-05-06, 11:49 AM
Shredder

(( Posting next action now, to avoid delays later; spoilered to keep it "blind" if so desired. ))

Standard: Uses SLA confusion, lesser (Will DC 16) on giant
Move: Sheathe off-hand weapon

Da Beast
2008-05-06, 04:01 PM
Owen charges forward, leaping through the air to come down with a mighty blow. He quickly refocuses himself, lashing out at his opponent once more

First I'll designate the giant as the target of my dodge bonus, negating any power attack damage.

Then I'll use battle leader's charge, leap attacking the last ten feet

[roll0]

Power attack for the full value, using shock trooper to take the penalty to AC

[roll1]

[roll2]

Then I'll use White Raven Tactics on myself to get another turn, using that to refresh my maneuvers and make an extra attack

[roll3]

[roll4]

Oslecamo
2008-05-06, 06:41 PM
The giant tries to block the attack coming from above, but Owen's attack is too strong, and his sword comes down cleaving trough the giant's armor and chest. Red blood spills forward abudantly and the giant looks in astonishment to the damage dealt by such little creature.

Before the giant can gasp for breath again Owen delivers another blow slicing another part of exposed flesh. The giant trembles as he suports himself with his weapon held to the ground, but still stands.

Anabela draws her rapier but doesn't move, keeping herself behind Drake while shouting encourangement to the party

Keep it up guys! He's almost finished!

Shredder then puts one of her scimitars back in it's sheet while calling upon her fey powers. The giant eyes glow for a moment, but then they return to their malevolent look, as he looks at Owen with hatred in his face.

Ooc:Owen's attack hited. Giant failed his save against confusion.

Cray
2008-05-07, 12:07 AM
Ok, since I cant charge anymore, I'll have a full round attack action, and I'll loose my chare bonus.

So, my First Attak was therefore AT 26 (instead of 28), Dam 12.
2. AT: [roll0]
Case Crit: [roll2]
just to keep it going...

Knight13
2008-05-07, 02:22 AM
OOC: er, you know I DID move. Why is Jaden still in the same place?

Oslecamo
2008-05-07, 03:03 AM
Ooc:Because your iniative count just arrived now.

Shredder found the giant, told the party to stop, then attacked the giant, both had a suprise round bashing at each other and then the battle actually started when the rest of the party heard him scream(since you couldn't see what was hapening due to the trees). The giant's iniative was bigger than Jaden's, so it's just now that you get to act.

Oslecamo
2008-05-09, 11:46 AM
While the giant fiercily tackles the two armored warriors, Jaden aproaches with his companion and positions himself for the coming wave.

Dorian, however, seeing Arcos taking a nasty looking blow from the giant, aproaches the armored artificer and touches him in the back, chanting to himself. White light emanates from his hands and Arcos feels the pain from the blow go away.

That looked nasty. I don't wanna my meat shields to go down too fast or things may get complicated.

As he finishes this words a rabid dire wolf burst from the forest, closely followed by two more hill giants. However, unlike the one you've been fighting, these ones have dull faces and empty looking eyes. They are dressed with what seems several layers of animal skins holded togheter with bones and sticks. They wield simple large wooden clubs. Their movements are cubersome. One of them holds the dire wolf in a liana connected to the beast's neck.

Hunt master, you called us? Is there any problem?-asks one of them.

I'm hungry-says the other-Can't we go get some food?

They seem do don't have noticed the party despite being on front of them, while the dire wolf struggles to attack but it's restricted by his collar.

Arcos takes the chance to swing his chain at the giant hunter and hits him right in the face. The large creature now sways slowly to the sides, like he was some marionete, looking around at nothing in special.

The Hunter then rises his axe and says, with clear dificulty:

It's these bugs you have to take care off...! They dared to enter our hunting grounds whitout permission... and we'll make them pay!

Aaaaaahhhhh-drools one of the giants

Oohhh, they have kitties!-says the other, looking at Jaden and his companion.Can I play with them?

Urghhhh...Just crush them...LIKE THIS!

The giant slowly rises his axe high, trying to group his last strenghts. But then he coughs up a large amount of blood and falls on the ground making the jungle tremble around him. He squirms for a little, and then finnally he stops moving .

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/blue200-4.gif

Two new hill giants and a dire wolf arrived. They will act in the end of the iniative of this turn. Untill then, they are considered flatfooted.

Arcos first attack hited, falling the giant and he was healed for 23 HP by Doriam

Owen took no damage after all, since the giant is somewhat busy bleeding to death to do anything.

Duke of URL
2008-05-09, 11:54 AM
Shredder

The pixie descends back down into combat range and attempts to take out one of the new combatants before they manage to enter the fray.

5' step down, attacking adjacent giant. AB includes +2 bonus for attacking while invisible.

I'll roll crit confirmation for attack #4 in the dice rolling thread

Da Beast
2008-05-09, 05:04 PM
72 damage while nerve wracked and no power attack :smalleek:?

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

5 ft step back to G6

((unless the DM is willing to let me Iron Heart Surge away damage I would really appreciate a meat shield or two right now))

Oslecamo
2008-05-09, 05:58 PM
Shredder on the other hand manages to land a flurry of blows in the giant near her, the nervewrack making the giant drop to his knees screaming in pain and suprise. The wounds are deep and nasty looking, but the massive body still stands. The giant then looks around and tries to speack trough the paralyzis:

What'z was that? I don't zee anything! What waz that?

Anabela looks at Drake and screams:

Well, aren't you going to help your friends?

But the half dragon just watches silently.

Ooc:

Shredder hit all of them.

Well, large greataxe, two handed, three atacks per turn thanks to a couple class levels, obscene strenght bonus, elite array of stats and your AC around 13, it isn't that hard to deal 72 damage in one round.

Da Beast
2008-05-09, 07:17 PM
((Shouldn't my extra turn from White Raven Tactics reset my AC? And if not wouldn't I get +48 damage to the attack I made after refreshing my maneuvers on the second turn?))

Oslecamo
2008-05-10, 06:35 AM
I discussed this issue with Cray. White raven tactics doesn't give an extra turn, it allows the target to act again in this turn. So effects like the penalties and bonus of power attack, shock trooper and charge are still on.

Otherwise, it would be possible for a crusader to spend all his iniative gaining extra turns with WRT, since crusaders refresh their maneuvers automatically.

Leap attack is a little diferent, since it only affects the attacks you made while charging, but after using WRT you're not considered charging anymore, since you stoped moving(but still have the +2/-2 penalty to attack and AC).

So you get to deal an extra 14 damage after using WRT from the basic power attack damage bonus.

Now, how much life has my giant hunter again...

Crap.

Giant down.

Well, this is what I get for allowing such crazy combinations. I'm not perfect, and since we're dealing with such crazy combinations I thank the players for pointing out any rules incosistencies they may spot.

I guess this means you'll want to change your actions for this turn. I'll change the later posts.

Da Beast
2008-05-10, 07:35 PM
In that case I'll the same combo on the giant at A9

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

If he's still up I'll designate my dodge bonus against him brining my AC up to a very impressive 12. If he's down I'll use it against the other giant.

((probably good leap attack doesn't carry over. Otherwise charge and white raven tactics into time stands still... I don't even want to think about it))

Oslecamo
2008-05-11, 11:32 AM
Orwen jumps over the large body and falls with a war scream over the just arrived hill giant. It looks at Orwen with suprise, and the blade comes down with amazing speed, spliting the ground, and the giant unscathed.

Ahaha youz missed..ughhhh

A red line apears at the top of his head, and it comes down trough his face, neck, chest and groin. Then, the two halves of the giant split to the sides, revealing his guts and covering Owen with blood.

Ooc:Giant made into mince meat.

It's now Jaden's turn.

Da Beast
2008-05-11, 03:00 PM
((Should have stated my actions more clearly. By same combo, I meant exactly what I did in post #128, including battle leader's charge which negates attacks of opportunity. On a side note, how would you rule the interaction between the battle leader's charge line and thicket of blades?))

Oslecamo
2008-05-11, 04:00 PM
I dare say, gestalt really allows for some complicated battles. I would prefer that players stated all their actions piece by piece so I don't forget anything. Changed last post to reflect the situation.

I rule that if an effect says you don't provoke Aoos for moving, and the guy next door has ticket of blades, wich says that all movement provokes Aoos, there is an 50% chance the guy with ticket of blades gets to make an Aoo each time the guy with an anti Aoo ability moves into the threatend area of the guy with ticket of blades. It's a middle ground solution.

Knight13
2008-05-13, 04:28 PM
Jaden

Jaden launches himself past the dire wolf, landing on the giant in a flurry of claws and teeth.

Use Pounce on Giant at B4

Claws
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Bite
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Rake
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

If the giant is still alive and the Bite attack hits, Jaden uses Improved Grab to start a grapple.

Grapple: [roll10]

Bounding forward right behind her master, Ayla repeats his ferocious attack on the dire wolf.

Use Pounce on Dire Wolf at D5

Bite
Attack: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12]

Claws
Attack: [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]
Attack: [roll15]
Damage: [roll16]

Rake
Attack: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18]
Attack: [roll19]
Damage: [roll20]

If the Dire Wolf is still alive and the Bite attack hits, Ayla uses Improved Grab to start a grapple.

Grapple: [roll21]

[OOC: Sorry about taking so long, I've been busy with finals.]

Oslecamo
2008-05-14, 04:01 PM
Ayla bites the dire wolf in the neck while clawing at him, but the beast manages to don't get caught on the leopard's hold.

Jaden then jumps over the giant, gracefully avoiding his attack to try to block him. He lands on top of the large creature, clawing and biting with deadly acuracy. It manages to get an hold of the giant, his claws pushing him to the ground, his teeths closer and closer to the tick neck of the hill giant...

It struggles to set himself free but it's all for naught, Jaden's hold is too strong.

The dire wolf tries to help his master but it's bites fail to overcome the weretiger's skin.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/blue200-5.gif

Ooc: Tigers get improved grab for claw attacks also, you know? I'm assuming you want to get the giant grappled at all costs, so I roled some extra grapple checks at the rolling thread, and you suceeded.

Hill giant is grappled by Jaden

Hill giant took 54 damage.

Dire wolf took 17 damage

Arcos turn

Cray
2008-05-15, 07:10 AM
Arcos readies a vome action untill the later of the giants has acted this turn.

Would be quite an advantage if I wouldnd be blocked all the time, mates...

Oslecamo
2008-05-16, 04:31 AM
Ooc:See the black and red thingy in D5? It's a dire wolf, just in front of your character, ready to be charged.

Cray
2008-05-17, 06:48 AM
Ooops, sorry, my mistake. Thought that would be Jadens's pet...

Arcos takes a 5ft-step to F5 and launches a full round attak on the dire wolf.

1. Attack: [roll0]
2. Attack: [roll2]

Oslecamo
2008-05-18, 09:28 AM
Arcos advances forward spining his chain skillfully and making more two blows in the dire wolf, wich starts to show signs of weackness.

Ooc: Both attacks hited. Dire wolf seems to be in his last strenghts.

Owen's turn.

Da Beast
2008-05-20, 02:43 PM
Battle Leader's Charge and leap attack to C6, power attack for the full 8 against the dire wolf, penalty to AC.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Designate my dodge bonus against the wolf if it lives, the giant if it doesn't.

Cleave attack (if applicable)

[roll3]
[roll4]

((Sorry about the delay, been busy in in real life))

Oslecamo
2008-05-20, 04:59 PM
Owen jumps again and cuts deeply the dire wolf, finishing it off. Taking advantage of the momentum, the warrior keeps his blade going and slashes towards the imobilized giant, choping its head off in one clean cut. The body still trembles for a moment, but then silence falls over the battlefield.

Anabela lets out a girlish scream

Oh gods that was beatifull! I was told you were good, but I never imagined you were this good. I've never seen giants going down so fast, and trust me, I've seen a lot of giant fights.

You then hear some stomping and grunting sounds coming from the east. They are distant, but whitout any doubt they're geting closer from your position...

Drake then turns to the party and says:

If those are more giants coming to fight, we're not going anywhere. I'll go and divert your atention, you guys keep going. Don't worry about me, I know how to take care of myself. I'll catch up with you later.

Wait a minute, you'll need someone to patch you up while you hold the giants-says Dorian-I'll go with you.

Ah, what the hell, climb up...

Saying this, the half dragon takes flight, carrying the necromancer over him. He leaves behind Jaden's equipment and the bag of holding, comenting it would only slow him down.

Ooc:

BATTLE FINISHED!(insert your favorite computer RPG fight victory here)

Well, there are three giant bodies laying in the battlefield waiting to be looted.

I ended up removing Drake and Dorian, since indeed you are suposed to suceed on this by yourselves. They left behind Jaden's equipment and the bag of holding.

Also there is something else aproaching, so you can either choose to make a stand where you are or keep going.

Exp gained:

Those who are at lv8: 1400 exp

Those who are at lv7: 1707 exp

[/I]

Oslecamo
2008-05-20, 05:12 PM
Owen jumps again and cuts deeply the dire wolf, finishing it off. Taking advantage of the momentum, the warrior keeps his blade going and slashes towards the imobilized giant, choping its head off in one clean cut. The body still trembles for a moment, but then silence falls over the battlefield.

Anabela lets out a girlish scream

Oh gods that was beatifull! I was told you were good, but I never imagined you were this good. I've never seen giants going down so fast, and trust me, I've seen a lot of giant fights.

You then hear some stomping and grunting sounds coming from the east. They are distant, but whitout any doubt they're geting closer from your position...

Drake then turns to the party and says:

If those are more giants coming to fight, we're not going anywhere. I'll go and divert your atention, you guys keep going. Don't worry about me, I know how to take care of myself. I'll catch up with you later.

Wait a minute, you'll need someone to patch you up while you hold the giants-says Dorian-I'll go with you.

Ah, what the hell, climb up...

Saying this, the half dragon takes flight, carrying the necromancer over him. He leaves behind Jaden's equipment and the bag of holding, comenting it would only slow him down.

Ooc:

BATTLE FINISHED!(insert your favorite computer RPG fight victory here)

Well, there are three giant bodies laying in the battlefield waiting to be looted.

I ended up removing Drake and Dorian, since indeed you are suposed to suceed on this by yourselves. They left behind Jaden's equipment and the bag of holding.

Also there is something else aproaching, so you can either choose to make a stand where you are or keep going.

Exp gained:

Those who are at lv8: 1400 exp

Those who are at lv7: 1707 exp

EDIT: Ah, what the heck, of course you'll want to clean the bodies:

1st regular giant: nothing of value, just worthless skins and crude weapons/tools(bad rolls)
2nd regular giant: bag with 12000 SP
Giant Hunter: bag with 13000 SP, dusty long scroll, and what seemed to be a large skin cape transforms into a finely crafted grey cloack once it's picked by one of the characters. The cloak seems to constantly change colors as it is moved.

Duke of URL
2008-05-20, 08:54 PM
Shredder

The pixie winks into view, clearly hurt. "Damn, but that giant hit hard... next time I'll let you lot go in first." She puts away the scimitars and pulls a wand out of her sack.

Eternal wand of cure moderate wounds, twice: [roll0], [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-05-22, 07:22 AM
Anabela looks at the party, wich seems to still be catching back their breath.

Well, it seems something else is aproaching. Do you intend to stay here and see what it is or move onward?

Knight13
2008-05-22, 05:09 PM
Jaden

Still standing atop the dead giant, Jaden tears a chunk of its flesh loose and noisily devours it. After finishing, he jumps down, transforming to his hybrid form as he does so.

"Urgh, hill giant meat tastes terrible. Well, no need to stay here, we might as well be on our way."

Oslecamo
2008-05-24, 04:42 PM
As Anabela leads you away from the battlesite, you sudenly hear the crude voice of Hill giants discussing something, followed by what seems hard things hiting each other, and more loud grumbing, but this time moving away from you.

Well seems like we managed to get past the giants. I must confess, now I'm feeling a lot more confident about you guys..Ah, here we are.

It just seems to be another normal part of the forest, but Anabela guides you towards a specially big tree. Under it, hidden by smaller vegetation, is a hole. Anabela lights a torch and throws it inside, and you can see it fall several meters untill it hits what seems like a worked stone floor.

Follow me-says Anabela, jumping trough the hole.

When you manage to get down, your eyes start to get used to the darkness, and you can now see this is a large underground tunnel, clearly giant made. The hole from wich you came true was made by the roots of the tree, and actually most of the tunel seems cracked and full of dust and cracks like it has been adbandoned for very long. The walls are filled with stranges runes and decorations depicting giants and strange creatures, but several broken parts make it impossible to extract any true meaning.

This, like you probably already guessed-says Anabela, starting to guide you trough the dark tunnel-Is another legacy of the giants of old. They seemed to like to build a lot of stuff underground. Nobody really knows why, but my guess is that it was to give them some privacy from the dragons. Or it's just that most of the stuff that was build overground was simply destroyed by the jungle... Now don't worry, this tunnel's pretty stable, and I personally checked out for traps long ago in the way we now go.

Saying this, the elf sudenly turns and enters a branch tunel

Now, try to keep close, there are several ramifications and rooms I still haven't explored. It's quite possible that there may be some nice treasures down here, but that's for another day. We're being paid to retrieve the orb and come back as quickly as possible. Also the guardians here are nasty...

As she finishes the sentence you pass by what seems the remains of a rock golem, crumbled on the floor.

This one took out two of my former adventurer companions before going down, peace to their souls. The clerics at Stormreach couldn't find a way to raise them. I've come here several times to try to get things I could sell for a good price, but there's one valuable item I found out that I couldn't really carry out.

She then makes you enter a larger room, where there are several blocked archways on the walls, each one decorated with diferent runes.

As you all know, Xendrik's pretty big, yet the giants managed to one time build an empire all over it. How was it possible? Well, I think this is an answer. This, my friends, is a transporter room. Each archway, when activated, can instantly teleport people and goods to other rooms like this all over Xendrink. I spent several decades trying those archways out, and they are the main reason of my career of sucess. You see, the drow temple we're going to enter tomorrow is actually two weeks hard travel from Stormreach, but thanks to this room we'll get right next to it by tomorrow whitout much effort. Actually, we're going to teleport just under the temple. I don't know if the drow know about this travel system, but I know that when they install themselves in a place they usually spread guards everywhere, so it's quite possible tomorrow we'll have to face resistance the moment we come out. So sharpen your weapons, prepare your magics and rest well. Tomorrow the real action starts.
Oh, one more thing...

Saying this Anabela takes out a wand from his back and touches each one of you once. First you don't feel nothing, but gradually a warm sensation falls over your bodies, your pains seems to disapear and your wounds start to close.

I want you all fresh for tomorrow. No sense dying because of some scratches from yesterday.

Ooc:
One night's rest for everybody, so recharge spells and abilities.
Time to make last minute preparations and buffs. When everybody's ready you enter the temple.

Everybody has been healed for full HP.

Cray
2008-05-24, 08:32 PM
Well, then. So, if they have golem guardians... anyone needs an adamantine weapon?

Oslecamo
2008-05-27, 05:31 AM
Ooc:So, can I advance with the action? Everybody's ready?

Duke of URL
2008-05-28, 07:59 AM
Shredder

"I'm as ready as I can be, I think... though an adamantine scimitar wouldn't be a bad idea..."

Oslecamo
2008-05-28, 02:04 PM
In the next day, after you're rested and saciated, Anabela aproaches one of the archways. She makes her hands pass trough the runes, and some of them glow and seem to change. After some minutes of trying and Anabela murmuring diferent words, the archway starts glowing and the middle, wich was made of pure stone, becomes a flashing surface, filling the room with light. Anabela then breathes deeply and runs trough the arcway, disapearing from site. You follow her, and you sudenly feel some colossal force pulling your body, and you feel like you're dragged trough water at great speed, unable to breath, unable to see anything clearly but several focus of light, untill it all ends, and you come out in a equal room to wich you left. But it's not the same one, since it has no signs of your previous encampment. But this time, instead of complete silence, you can hear chants very far away.

It's the drows-says Anabela, looking a little drowsy from the jump- They seem to be starting their ceremonies. We must advance with caution.

Dear Shredder, want to lead the way again?-asks Anabela looking at the pixie.

Ooc:Everybody make spot and listen checks. Whoever wants to hide or move silently use the respective skills.

Shredder wants to lead the way again? The tunnels are pitch dark, wich mean either you keep close with the party, or you need to carry a torch, wich will impose a -5 penalty in your hide ability, even with invisibility. Remember, constructs, zombies and other mindless creatures are imune to illusions such as invisibility.

If you want to check for traps roll for search.

Duke of URL
2008-05-28, 02:08 PM
Shredder

The pixie takes her customary position at point, invisible and moving with as much stealth as possible.

No need for light, Shredder has Darkvision 60' from the Draconic template.

Rolls: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4]

Cray
2008-05-28, 02:33 PM
Arcos uses an Adamantine infusion on the pixis Scimitar, then passes the arc too.

spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

Da Beast
2008-05-29, 08:50 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

((It seams I forgot to buy any light sources. Anyone got a tourch?))

Knight13
2008-06-01, 12:39 AM
Jaden is traveling in tiger form again and has low-light vision, but no darkvision.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Hide: [roll2]
Move Silently: [roll3]

Oslecamo
2008-06-03, 05:20 PM
Ooc: just to say I'm really busy with real life right now and thus can't properly advance the campaign. Hopefully I'll be able to get things going next weekend.

Oslecamo
2008-06-08, 05:06 AM
As Shredder advances, sudenly she spots something unusual.

Two columns of stone, one on each side of the tunnel, around two feets wide and twenty five feets high. At first glance they looked normal, but closer observation revelas that they aren't actually part of the structure. They aren't cemented on the ground, nor do they touch the celing, and the pixie doesn't remember seeing any columns like that in the rest of the tunnel.

Closer observation fails ro reveal anything resembling a trap mechanism, but the columns seem to have slighly humanoid shapes in their forms.

Ooc:Only Shredder can see this. The other characters are more back and don't have darkvision, so they can't actually see anything.

Duke of URL
2008-06-09, 07:13 AM
Shredder

Shredder backtracks to the main group and whispers her observations.