PDA

View Full Version : Heros of Awe-Team red

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 12:44 PM
You still didn't know each other, but you all had received the same letters, from an unknown source. Top quality paper, with exotic scent and a shining arcane mark seal on top. The letters revealed a sophisticated professional caligraphy. No doubt whoever had sent them was filthy rich. Each of them was delivered to you three days ago, by unknown means, no matter where you were. All you know was that when you noticed it the pretty envelope was inside your pockets or backpack. It readed the following:

Good morning dear mister. We hope to find you of good health of mind and body. You may or not have noticed, but our group has been monitoring closely your journeys for quite some time. We currently need to complete a rather difficult task, and we believe you are among the few who possess the crafts and abilities needed to complete such task. Of course, we will reward you handsomey for the trouble, and should you do a good job, you may get further and better empolyment from us. We believe we can acomplish great things by worcking togheter.

Naturally, you may think this missive is a ruse from your enemies or rivals to lure you to some kind of trap, a very natural thing in the troubled days that we currently live. But we assure you, we're a very serious group, and only wish our mutual benefit. Thus, as a sign of good will, we invite you to a feast at midday in The Gracious Fleshraker three days from today, wich, as you certainly know, is the finest Ghallanda's restaurant in Sharn. All expenses at our cost off course.

We took the liberty of reserving first class tickets on your name in the closest lighting rail stastions. We trust you will acept our invitation and we anxiously expect our meeting. Untill then, may the gods smile upon you.

From your adventurous life, you were already used to having people request jobs from you, but this time was diferent. Only one of the top guys in Eberron's society would invite adventurers to lunch on The Gracious Fleshraker, the legendary halfling restaurant that served the finest and most sumptuous foods in history, prepared with ingredients and magic from all the corners of the known world. You could only enter if you were invited, and you would only be invited if you were someone very very important. This could be your oportunity to get the rich, benevolent and powerfull patron every adventurer dreamed off.

That, or it was some sophisticated trap. Either way, you hadn't become who you were for not taking risks. Ruse or no ruse, you decided to acept the invitation. Also, the lighting rail was probably the safest method of transport in the entire continent, and The Gracious Fleshraker was on one of the most protected zones of Sharn. An ambush would be almost impossible at those conditions.

As promised, the reserved tickets were waiting for you when you arrived at the lighting rail station. And after the rather comfortable voyage and the walck to the rich zone of Sharn where The Gracious Flesraker was located, you were instantly admited on the top class restaurant, altough the halflings servers looked rather disaprovingly at your choice of clothes.

One of the halfling maidens, with the hospitality minor dragonmark clearly visible in her naked pulse, then conducted you to the reserved table, in a rather private corner, where one could talk whitout being heard in the rest of the room. There you saw what you suposed would be your future party members, at least judging from the look of their clothes wich were clearly out of place such as yours, and a very well dressed man, who then spoke with an elegant voice:

"Ah, hello, I'm so glad you could come. Sorry for the secretism, but you see, I represent a rather respected organization, and you all have...How can I say this? Unfortonate backgrounds. Everybody makes mistakes, and some people are just unlucky, but you made a great deal of enemies over your lifes. Should those enemies know we're employing you, they would probably turn on my masters, and that wouldn't benefit us. Now, don't give me those looks, I think the letters already showed we strongly believe in you.

Now, let me give you a briefing on the mission, before the main meal. We intend you to recover a powerfull artifact. Now the artifact isn't the end on itself. It's one of the tools you'll need you to get for the true mission we want you to do. Our researches hint that the artifact is in the hands of a group of drows that inhabit Xen'Drinkck. Vicious dangerous cunning smart drows, actually, wich have managed to kill or capture most of the adventurers we already sent after said artifact. That's why we called you. You're not ordinary adventurers. Each one of you acomplished great things already by himself. You are very probably the best freelancers walking in the 5 kingdoms. The goal my masters have in mind is a very ambitious project, one that will greatly benefit mankind, but we need you to acomplish it. Shall you manage to complete it, we will not only reward you beyond your dreams and clean your pasts from all the misdeeds you may have commited, we will make sure to carve your names in gold in the history of Eberron."

Then a group of halflings appears carrying several dishes loaded with exotic foods and serving them to you. Fleshraker boiled eggs, dire bear steack, grilled kraken and many other expensive plates now fill the table.

"Ah, the food has arrived. I ordered the special ten courses feast, I hope you don't mind about it. So, what do you say gentlemen? Are you interested in worcking for our organization?"

jagadaishio
2008-04-05, 02:23 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk had thankfully already been living in Sharn for the past month, which gave him more time than most of the others to prepare for the restaurant. He had time to purchase simple formal clothes consisting of a loose black silk shirt and cotton pants. The tiny polished silver plates of his mithril armor scattered across his body glittered like ornamental jewelry. And yet he still felt under-dressed, the restaurant was simply that opulent.

Despite being one of the closest to the restaurant, he was one of the later ones to arrive, due mostly to bad planning in how long it would take to get there from across the city. Upon arriving and being led to the table, he seeks a seat as close as possible to another kalashtar, an attractive woman, or the potential employer, in that order of preference.

He listens calmly to what the potential employer has to say, outwardly relaxed despite his feeling of being woefully out of place. Before he agrees, he feels the need to ask a question. "How likely are we to run into factions other than the drow while we are in the jungles? Does anyone else seek this artifact?" he asks while eying the dire bear steaks just out of arm's reach on the table.

playswithfire
2008-04-05, 03:07 PM
Shars (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=48181)

Grabbing the first piece of steak to reach his place, Shars addresses their host. Well, if you've been watching me at all, you know I'm interested in working for anyone who can pay well and from what I can see, your group can do just that. Details would be appreciated, but can certainly wait until after we eat. Mind you, I haven't agreed to do anything yet; I just said I'm interested. Shars eagerly takes a large bite of his steak and surveys the other guests while grabbing a few tasty-looking foods he's never tried before. Well, it's an odd group, but I'd bet they're as strong as he says they are. Hmmph; history of Eberron, good of mankind... that's nice and all, but my reputation's doing well enough already and 'the good of mankind' changes depends on who you talk to. At least the food's good. Having completed his analysis, Shars seems to focus intently on his food while, of course, listening intently to see how the others respond.

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 04:27 PM
Ah, Kankhimelk, excellent question. It's very possible you may find some organized resistance before you meet the drows.

First there are the giants who despite having felt in decadency for millenias, still pose a considerable threat, and their tribes spread along all the continent. They're strong, and they have bad temper.

Second, there's a branch of the ashbound who has taken base in Xen'Drinkck recently, just a couple miles from Stormreach into the jungle. Orcs mostly. As you know, they just hate anything that isn't completely natural. From what I heard, they are trying, on one side, to stop the expansion of Stormreach, and in the other, to destroy any relics they can get their hands on. They're dangerous, and they may cause you trouble in the way in and the way out, but if you know how to use your tongue well you may avoid them or even use them as allies against the drows. It seems those ashbound orcs really hate them, altough they still lack the numbers to go on a real fight with them. They won't enter too much deep in the forest out of fear and respect, it seems.

And then, of course, there's all the exotic fauna that seems to surpise us with something new every time someone enters there.

Glawackus
2008-04-05, 05:22 PM
Jor picked up the letter just in time to avoid the pitcher flying through the tavern, and then held it before his nose, taking a deep whiff. "Smells rich." he commented. "Smells like money."

He stood up and looked over at the torn-up map of Khorvaire that someone had pinned up behind the bar. The lightning rail to Sharn from this backwater town in Aundair was close, and there hadn't been any action for weeks. He reached into his coin purse and heard the last few pieces clink together.

He smiled and reached into his other coin purse, which rolled and jangled like he had the entire Royal Mint inside. He tossed a few to the barmaid, who had to kneel down to the floor to get them.

He was out the door by the time they were turning to worthless lead. "Drinks were watered down anyhow," Jor grumbled, turning down the coach road to the city--and the lightning rail station.

---

Jor glances at the tiger-man and kalashtar and shrugs. "I do not find this objectionable. Bring me these dangerous, vicious elves. They will see what true danger is." He reaches out and spears a steak, winking at one of the waitresses before taking a big bite. He chews thoughtfully and grunts in appreciation. "When do we leave? And how do we leave? I know many of the...old traditions...of my people, but I cannot walk on water all the way to Xen'drik."

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 05:59 PM
Good to see some enhtusiasm, good sir. Should you acept the worck you will be leaving tonight, under the cover of the darkness. As for the method of transport, our organization acquired some airships in the last year precisely for this sort of thing. One of them will be waiting for you on the outskirts of the city. It will carry you quickly and safely to Stormreach, but no further. The jungle is too dense for landing and it's almost impossible to discern the geography from above. We'll also supply a skilled pilot to drive it, of course.

Winged One
2008-04-05, 06:26 PM
Saul was deeply confused by the letter. If they needed him to do something, they knew where he was, and they had enough wealth or political power to invite someone like him to such a notoriously exclusive restaurant, why give him a choice in the matter? Sheer curiosity drove him to follow the letter's instructions.

He was at the restaurant quickly, seemingly dressed in a simple brown robe. Anyone who bumped into him might see through the illusion to his true attire, but it helps him not be identified instantly. After murmuring his name to a waitress and a request that his food and drinks be purified, he let himself be led to the table and sat there, mostly just listening. Greatly benefit mankind? Every time I hear that line the person saying it makes me do something horrible. But I've never been to Xen'drik, and there's all kinds of interesting things there. Finally, he speaks up in a quiet, timid voice with an Aundair accent. "E-excuse me, but...what do you know about the artifact itself?" He doesn't ask the question that's really on his mind, though. He doesn't expect that anyone will find it relevant.

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 06:56 PM
Well, good sir, I'm just an humble servant of my organization and I'm not filled on more details than needed. However, I was informed that unlike most artifacts out there, the power of this one isn't to destroy, but to purify. In theory, the artifact doesn't have power on his own, but greatly enanches cleansing magic of all kinds, allowing to lift the strongest curses and cure the vilest disease with even the simpliest spell.

The man's voice then lowers to almost a whisper

This last part it's just rumors, but some say the drow clerics use it to be able to inflict the most demented and cruel tortures on their prisioners, and then use the artifact to put them healthy again easily, so they can restart the torture, time and time again, for their sick pleasure. Most disturbing.

jagadaishio
2008-04-05, 11:59 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk listens casually to everything that their host says as he carefully takes a small serving of each dish at the table, just enough to taste each one and to add up to a full serving when put together. He sits there eating and waiting for the others to arrive, to see what questions they have in mind. Given a moment where nobody else is asking anything of their host, Kankhimelk will lean over to him and ask, "What of the Inspired? I know that they have some power in parts of Xen'Drik. What is the likelihood of running in to them?"

Random NPC
2008-04-06, 01:35 AM
Fist

Fist was in Aundair, close to Passage when he received the letter. He found it quite interesting and went there. If it was a trap, well, he knew he will give a fight before they can take him down. Either way, curiosity and the sense of adventure drove him out of his current voyage.

He went back to Passage and took the express train to Sharn and arrived just in time for the meeting. All of his belongings were in his backpack so he did not tried to get a room for that sole reason.

He only wears a pair of black trousers that seem relatively clean. Black swirling marks run all over his body.

His Ghulra, the mark on the forhead all of the Warforged have and which there are no two equals, is quite exposed. Many Warforged prefer to hide their personal mark. Fist embraces it. Four lines swirl into one point on his forhead.

__________________________________________________ ___

Fist arrived first than most of the ones in the group. His big hand is tapping the table with his fingers. No food is served in front of him. No pack is with him. He entrusted it to the reception of the Restaurant.

"Glory and fame are always good. If there's money to keep me on my path, even better. If I have to put my body to test against many hardships..." The Warforged pauses. "... Quite good, indeed."

Improving himself, still not knowing why. The Warforged always knew the common races always have defined goals. His free Warforged mind is still in constant searching.

Winged One
2008-04-06, 02:31 AM
I never knew that Raging Lion Fist's accumulation of power was so deliberate. It does explain why he's always challenging people to fights better than just being belligerent, though. Saul thinks at the warforged's pronouncement of motivations. "But...will someone else tell us about the artifact? At least it's name?" I wouldn't be surprised if he made that rumor up, but if it's true I hope I can get away with saving their prisoners. Is our patron House Jorasco? Their employing me and Raging Lion Fist could definitely sound really bad out of context, and if the artifact amplifies healing magic they would be able to get the most use out of it unless it has some kind of limit.

Oslecamo
2008-04-06, 07:40 AM
That is a question I would like to know the answer, mister Kankhimelk, but I don't. Oficially, the inspired only have power in Riedra. Not oficially, their spies and agents are scatered among all the land, some even say infiltrated in most organizations, but again, these are just rumors. They are ver good at not atracting unwanted atention, and they rarely seek to do material damage. They seem to prefer to collect information and corrupt other people, and these kind of activities are a lot harder to keep track off than, let's say, murder or theft.

However, they seem to concentrate their actions in habitated areas. They don't seem to be very atracted by relics. Personaly, I doubt they will give you anykind of trouble once you enter the jungle.

Dear Saul, the relic you're going to seek has gone by many names in legends and ancient texts, since it seems to remote to the time of the giant's empire. The most common seem to be "The purifier orb ", "Sun's hand" and "Boldrei's eye".

Well, any more questions? The airship will leave tonight, a mile south from the southern gate, in the little plain over there. As a little incentive, I'll give you these credit letters. You can exhange them for a thousand gold each in the banck, wich I would advise you to spend in equipment for the trip, especially potions and other expendables you may find necessary. Consider it a glimpse of your final reward. Of course, you're also free to keep any other treasure you find during your trips.

The men then hands each of you another pretty envelope with several arcane marks on them. Each of it seems to be an official letter of credit granting 1000 gold to the bearer.

Ooc:Ok, if you don't want to ask more questions, make any last minute shoping you want and report to the airship.

Winged One
2008-04-06, 01:36 PM
"Dear" Saul? What the khyber? Stop making fun of me! Saul thinks. "Well...how long will the airship take to get there?" He tucks the credit letter into a pocket that the illusion doesn't have, seeming to push it thorugh the fabric.
Also, will Saul be able to do research on the airship by the houserule for substituting research for copying? Ie is there another wizard onboard the airship? He'll just buy scrolls if he can't do that. They're more expensive, but depending on Cray's team choice/assignment, Repair Moderate Damage and Repair Serious Damage might be the only healing the group gets. He'd also be interested to try out the Purifier Orb for himself.

jagadaishio
2008-04-06, 01:47 PM
Kankhimelk

After the delicious meal, Kankhimelk thanks his host and leaves to look for a specific item that he knows would be useful on a trip such as this. He spends the day searching through the various shops that sell magic items, hunting for either a Ring of Sustenance or a Bag of Everlasting Rations.

Bag of Everlasting Rations is an item from Dragon, it's 350 GP and every day generates enough food to feed one person. It wouldn't be nearly enough to feed the whole party, despite its name.

playswithfire
2008-04-06, 02:34 PM
Shars

After eating to his fill (a not inconsiderable task) and letting the others ask the questions he'd needed answered, Shars pushed his plate into center, took his voucher and said to their host I'm in. I am your servant in all things leading to the acquisition of that artifact until I'm am successful, I'm dead or the object has been destroyed beyond my ability to recover it. What you need the object for, whatever other goals your organization may have; that's none of my concern, but you may rest assured I will do what I have agreed to do. A slight bow, probably not the right decorum, but he hardly cares. Turning to the others I'll meet you in that plain before the airship leaves. I have one or two things to buy.

If we can buy those bags of everlasting rations, I'm pooling this 1000 with the 1900 I have left to buy one of them and a ring of jumping. If not, ring of sustenance and I'll keep the 400 gp.

Oslecamo
2008-04-06, 06:26 PM
Ooc:Bag of everlasting rations is ok. Researching in the airship is not, I consider the conditions not calm enough for effecient research.

Glawackus
2008-04-06, 06:41 PM
"This sounds like a plan," Jorwylf says, gorging himself on the steak and a little bit of everything else. Finally, wiping his mouth on his sleeve and giving a little nod to his new employer, he stands up and walks out of the restaurant.

3 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (900 gp) should be enough. Jor will keep the rest of the cash--money talks, et cetera.

Winged One
2008-04-06, 06:53 PM
How about copying spells from scrolls he buys with his advance into spellbooks?

Oslecamo
2008-04-06, 07:04 PM
Ooc:copying spells from scrolls takes 24 hours of nonstop study. The trip will be shorter than that, so no. However, once arrived at Stormreach, before entering the jungle, you'll have the necessary time and conditions to research/copy spells. It's an airship trip you're going now, not dungeon delving into the Tomb of Horrors. Please be a little patient on the spell copying, you'll get the oportunity to do so soon enough.

Winged One
2008-04-06, 07:54 PM
Heh, sorry, I thought that we weren't going to stop at Stormreach. Have an explanation for him knowing all that.
Inspired...great, I can't do any research unless I go to a city, but I really should perfect my warforged repair. Well, maybe they actually believed that I only killed that Inspired because he was in my way and not because the kalashatar he was chasing told me everything about them to guilt me into doing it. Saul thinks. To help him decide, he asks, "Well...when will you need the artifact? Do you know anything that will help us find the drow who have it?" He takes a bite of his grilled kraken, swallows it, and then remembers something else. "Um, by the way...I'm interested in working for you."

Random NPC
2008-04-07, 12:12 AM
Fist

After the meeting was over, Fist decided to leave and find the artificer in town. He managed to buy some wares at the last minute. He bought five vials with special oils for Warforged.

"I have everything I need when he met the group back at the airship."

bought 3 Oils of Repair moderate damage and 2 Oils of Repair Light Damage

Oslecamo
2008-04-07, 09:06 AM
Ooc: today and tomorrow I will be rather busy with RL university, so the campaign will suffer a short pause for now.

Oslecamo
2008-04-08, 07:13 PM
After doing your shoping, you go to the indicated point. There it is the airship, a magnificent vessel highly decorated with a central ring, hovering slightly above the ground, just so the green glowing ring containing the air elemental that surround the ship doesn't touch the ground. Several parts of the deck are glass and steel windows wich allow you to see the crew making the final preparations. The whole ship is beatifully decorated with golden drawings, arcane runes and carved scultptures depicting flying creatures like dragons and griffons. As you aproach, you see a big rope ladder on the side, at the bottom of wich is your employer, who smiles again and tells you:

Ah, welcome to the "Nau Catarineta", one of the prized airships of our organization. Air elemental powered, crew of twelve, carries up to fifty passengers and up to twenty tons of cargo. This one has been recently upgraded and can now reach up to 30 miles per hour thanks to some gnomish advancements. Fifth fastest airship in the five countries.

Then his hand goes into his one hidden packet and he pulls out a bunch of papers

Of course, there's no use paying you to get the purifier orb if then it gets confiscated by the goverment. These are letters of Marque wich will allow you to claim for our organization the orb and whatever else you find for yourselves at the light of the law. Try to don't lose them, or our lawyers will have an headache geting the artifact back.

One more thing before you depart. Once you reach the jungle you'll be guided by one of our best employees, an elvish tracker. He's also the only survivor of the last expedition that's willing to go again. He's not much of a warrior or magician however, so we need you to be the ones to provide the power to defeat whatever stands in the way. Our guide will be there just to show you the path. He also managed to take a look at the basic layouts of the drow temples, wich could prove quite usefull once you reach them. He likes to be treated by Guilherme, and he'll be waiting for you at Stormreach. He's been spending the last days taking care of the last details of the expedition and will answer any more questions you may have. I know that Xen'drink is a very interesting place, but we would like to get that artifact as soon as possible. So, when you get it(we know you will), please return imediatily to Stormreach.

So, farewell and good luck.

As you climb the rope ladder and enter the ship you meet captain Vicente, who greets you warmfully and says he's honored to transport such brave adventurers. He then conducts you to the lower deck, where there is a luxurious waiting room. One beatifull human maid and an elvish buttler there offer you a selection of apetizers and drincks. The captain leaves explaining the trip will take only a few hours, but going in the upper deck is not advised because of the strong wind.

For some time everything goes smoothly, and you reach the ocean. The maid revels to be an impressive singer, and the buttler knows how to prepare some amazing cocktails. But then, as you look at the night sky trough the windows and you see something pass quickly. Something big. Then you hear something breack, and the whole structure trembles. More crashes, now above you. The airship slows down. As you get up you see some crew members going trough the corridors, climbing the stairs up and carrying heavy crossbows.

The elemental ring is damaged! Something big is up there! We need to stop it or things will get ugly!-screams the captain from the control room.

Ooc:Well, what do you do? You can follow the crew members in the upper deck from the room you're in now with a double move.

Glawackus
2008-04-08, 08:45 PM
Jor sweeps a small mountain of appetizers off the girl's tray with a wink, and frowns at the olives in the drinks. "Never did like these things," he grumbles, and spends the next few hours flicking the olives into available spitoon, trash can, and, in some cases, pocket on crewmembers' clothing.

As the alarm is raised, he bolts up the steps to the deck, and for a moment, his eyes gleam the color of brass--or possibly copper.

Using a swift action to activate Draconic Aura--Power, and heading up to the deck.
(All allies within 30 ft. get a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls.)

Winged One
2008-04-08, 09:19 PM
Saul

Shopping time
After lunch, Saul goes and cashes his letter of credit, then goes to Morgrave University's library to research the artifact under all of it's names. He scribes the most relevant information he finds onto some of his own paper using an Amanuensis spell, puts the originals back where he found them, and goes off to the airship's location. His glamer wears off during the research and his real clothes(the glamer hid nothing else) can be seen when he arives.
Nau Catarineta: boarding and pre-attack
Saul takes the Letter of Marque with a muttered "thanks." They confiscate things we get from Xen'drik? I didn't know that. He climbs the ladder when the middleman says that someone else will answer questions, and spends the trip mostly reading whatever there is on the airship. He eats the first olive that Glawkus flicks into his pocket, but knocks the rest out of their path with a sharp, sudden strike using his pointer and middle fingers pressed together, and then returns to his reading right after each block.
Deflect Arrows is fun.:smallsmile:
Nau Catarineta: attack
At the sound of something breaking, Saul puts down his book. When the airship trembles, Saul stands up. When the captain screams, Saul says something too rapidly to hear, withdraws a licorice root shaving from one of the pouches on his belt, rapidly moves his hand counterclockwise in a perfect circle, and then traces a line segment toward each member of the party in addition to three other nearby people who would benefit from his spell. Those he draws a line segment towards take on the same swiftness of movement he displayed, and he himself retains it. So affected, he easily catches up to the rest of the crew when he follows them up despite the time it took to cast the spell.
Casting Haste and going up to the deck.
[roll0] Using Collector of Stories skill trick. Arcana is +21 after the trick, nature is +13 after the trick, everything else is +11 after the trick.

If the edit eats that roll, it's the unmodified d20 for a Knowledge check to identify the big monster on the roof. It was a 7.

jagadaishio
2008-04-08, 09:48 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk boards the airship carrying a plain leather backpack and wearing the same somewhat dressy clothes that he had on at the restaurant. He smiles and occasionally winks at the human maid, complimenting her singing after she sings each song. He happily accepts two drinks at the beginning of the voyage from the elven butler, greeting him with the same general joviality, but her turns down snacks, not yet hungry again from the feast earlier that day.

When the ship shudders, he springs up, manifesting it more out of instinct than on purpose. As he turns to listen to what the crew is yelling, he feels suddenly energized, and the room appears to slow down. Turning, he sees that the the wizard had accelerated him. Smiling and nodding a heartfelt 'thank you' to him, he dashes up to the top deck.

OOC:
With Kankhimelk's already 40 ft land speed, he still has 10 feet of movement left on that one move action if it would take a normal human a double move to reach the surface. So, I'll describe the rest of his actions this turn once the top deck is revealed.

Also, I realized that I never included in the character page what his mind blade looked like, a grievous mistake. I shall correct that immediately.

Random NPC
2008-04-08, 11:42 PM
Fist

The Warforged arrived and began to make his accommodations. He talked little and spoke to no one. So far he has not introduced himself. He likes this attitude. It fits him, he thinks. The Warforged doesn't rest so he trains a little bit, making mental notes on his moves and stances. On his attacks, dodges and recoveries. He tries to imagine different possible scenarios on his mind where he rushes in and squashes everyone. He prepares. And then, it happens.

Fist noticed the shake and the chaos and soon he stood up as the Captain called. After watching the mage perform an invocation he felt everything slow down. This was a familiar feeling. He knows what to do.

He then moved, always on his normal movement stance (Absolute Steel Stance).

Move... Move... He thinks.

And then, Fist reaches the deck and prepares to move further, jump into the whatever is giving them problems and squash that thing as soon as possible.

If his old teacher, companion and fellow Warforged could see him doing this stunts, he would probably called him the dumbest beast in Eberron. But he's not dumb. Fist is just too impetuous.

Alright. I'm a monk and with the Ironheart maneuver I have I can cover 60 ft in a single move. Thanks to Haste I can make a move of 80 ft. Can I continue my turn when you describe what happened? I would still have a standard action and some maneuvers I could spend and I plan to do sudden leap too.

playswithfire
2008-04-09, 08:04 AM
Shars

On the airship:
First and foremost, a good nap was in order. Fine food tended to do that to him and one never knew when the next opportunity would present itself, so rest should always be taken when possible. Suitably refreshed, Shars prowled though the airship, not necessarily anticipating trouble, but he felt better when he was in motion; more ready to react.
And so, when the loud crash shook the ship and the crew went running past, a small smirk crossed his face as he growled Exercise and took off after them

Oslecamo
2008-04-09, 04:15 PM
The crew members climb up, and before you can go there you hear one of them scream, and suddenly the other crew members appear running in the oposite direction and screaming like little girls, blocking your path. You finnally manage to get in the upper deck, and you see a nightmarish vision.

The screaming crew member is holded on the mouth of a giant sharck. Except that this sharck's dorsal flippers are as big as wings, and it soars several feets above the wooden deck of the airship. In it's back it is mounted a Sahuagin in blue armor with a trident. He lets out an inhuman scream and two other Sahuagins mounted on equal beasts appear from the sides of the airship. The ocean delvers open his mouth again, but this time you can understand him:

You landwellers think you're safe up here, far away from our water bound brothers, but we, the Terlen knights, will show you that it's the sahuagin who rule the ocean, be it over or under their waters.

As he finishes saying that, he whispers something to his mount, wich throws the body he was carrying out of the airship. The suanhagin then guide their mounts down into the deck, landing in the wood. For your suprise, the flying sharck seems to be as comfortable in the ground as in the air.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red100.gif

Ooc: Yes, you read it well. Giant freacking flying sharcks mounted by sahuagins! Despite you all being able to reach the deck in a single movement, the fact of the other crew members blocking the path in the way up and the Terlen knights being high in the air means you won't get to spend that other action before the battle starts. I'll roll iniative for everybody in the next post. Any question about the map ask. And yes, flying sharcks are official D&D monsters.

Winged one: The mount of the suhagin seems to be a Terlen, a magical animal and vicous predator, capable of traveling quicly by either land, air or water. Normally they are smaller, and they don't have any special abilities, simply attacking the enemy with their powerfull jaws and trying to lock them into their sharp teeth, grinding them into mincemeat. These larger specimens, however, may have developed or learned other abilities.

The sahuagin seem to have heavy martial training by their armors and way of moving, but whitout seeing them in action you can't identify more. You remember, however, that Sahuagin are stronger than regular humans and naturally vulnerable to light and fresh water.

Oslecamo
2008-04-09, 04:21 PM
Iniative time!

Terlen knights:[roll0]

Kankhimelk: [roll1]

Shars: [roll2]

Jorwylf: [roll3]

Saul: [roll4]

Raging lion: [roll5]

In case of tie, the one with the biggest bonus goes first.

playswithfire
2008-04-09, 07:50 PM
Shars

Wasting no time with threats or banter, Shars lets out a roar and charges the sharck and rider in front of him.

Using a swift action to assume Assassin's stance, giving me 2d6 sneak attack and enabling the Shadow Blade feat with my unarmed strikes; yay flatfooted opponents

Charging to G3, then full attack since I get pounce from being an anthropomorphic tiger
Unarmed Strike attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] SA [roll2]
Unarmed Strike attack [roll3] Damage [roll4] SA [roll5]
Unarmed Strike attack [roll6] Damage [roll7] SA [roll8]
Unarmed Strike attack [roll9] Damage [roll10] SA [roll11]
Bite [roll12] Damage [roll13] SA [roll14]
Attacking the mount first, then the rider if I kill the mount

HP 77/77
AC 31

EDIT; forgot to account for off-handedness; subtract 3 from unarmed strike damage rolls 2 and 4 and the bite

Random NPC
2008-04-09, 11:15 PM
Fist

Fist roared and jumped at the knight in front of him. He uses the momentum of the jump to deliver a powerful punch to the shark. After that he proceeds to eliminate the shark and the Sahuagin systematically. He performs a series of punches and claw attacks with his gauntlet. The attacks are beautiful and erratic.

HP: 105
AC: 23 (charged)

Moved to H7 in a charge and pounced.

number of extra attacks. First round of combat. (1d4=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558024/)

jump check to cover 10 feet (1d20+16=32) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558034/)

5 attacks at full BAB for the first round. 3 extra and 1 from haste. Subtracted 3 for power attack. (1d20+10=28, 1d20+10=28, 1d20+10=24, 1d20+10=19, 1d20+10=30) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558026/)
same as the first attack (1d20+5=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558028/)
Critical Confirmation! (1d20+10=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558029/)

CRAP... Add +2 to all of the attacks.

The three first rolls are the critical damage, substract 2d6 from the fire damage. The other ones are the subsequent attacks (3d6+12=23, 1d6=1, 3d6+12=27, 1d6=1, 3d6+12=16, 1d6=5, 3d6+12=18, 1d6=5, 3d6+12=18, 1d6=6, 3d6+12=25, 1d6=6, 3d6+12=23, 1d6=2, 3d6+12=28, 1d6=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558037/)

Crap, nevermind the last damage roll.

Attacks go as follow:

First attack was a 32, crit with a 21 on the confirmation. Damage of 51 from that single attack on the shark. This forces the shark to roll a 15 DC Fort or die.

Second, third both have 30 on the attack, doing 21 and 23 damage in that order.

Fourth Attack was a 26, doing 24 damage

Fifth one was a 22 doing 31 damage.

Final one was a 21 doing 25 damage.

Way too messy!

Winged One
2008-04-10, 01:34 AM
Saul
HP 48/48
AC 19(+8 armor +2 DEX +1 dodge)
Initiative 20+
9 action points
If all of the shaugins and terlens that were attacked are still up, Saul withdraws some ground mica from the pouch he got the licorice shaving from, then traces an arc in the air in front of him as he murmurs in Draconic the exact angle and distance from him that the center of a cloud of golden particles that appears when he finishes this can be found. With that accomplished(quite quickly thanks to his previous spell), he takes a finely crafted, if undistinctive, longbow from out of his quiver and steps back. If at least some of the charged enemies are dead, he may adjust the position of the spell.

Centering Glitterdust between H4 and H5, unless I don't understand the area rules as well as I think I do and that would hit either of our pouncing martial adepts. In that case, just put it somewhere that it would hit both shaugin and their mounts. After that, draw longbow, then take a 5' step to B8. Again, if Fist and/or Shars managed to kill or down the mounts and maybe the riders, I may change where the spell is. Will save DC 16 negates the blinding, but not the state of all hide attempts being ****ed for 8 rounds. No SR.

Glawackus
2008-04-10, 08:10 AM
Jorwylf

Jorwylf (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=47951)
Male CG Human Dragon Shaman/Barbarian, Level 8, Init +1, HP 75/75, Speed 40'
AC 18, Touch 11, Flat-footed 17, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +5, Base Attack Bonus 8/3
Keen (threat range doubled) Dragon's Fang (Keen Greatsword) (-) +12/+7 (2d6+2, 17-20/x2)
2d4 damage to all targets in 5 ft radius Dragon's Flame (Explosive 'Crossbow') (50 bolts) +9/+4 (1d8+2d4, 19-20/x2)
+2 scale mail (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Natural)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 9, Wis 9, Cha 14
Condition None

"For Argonesse!" Jorwylf cries, drawing the gigantic sword from his back and rushing towards one of the riders with a look that would send saner men running.

Charging to G9: AC is now at 16 until initiative rolls around again, +2 bonus on attack roll.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Crit Confirm (As Necessary, Above Roll Must Be 17-20): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 10:40 AM
As Shars leaps against the sharck, the sahuagin shows amazing reflexes thrusting his trident forward and strikes at Shars as he charges, cuting his skin.

However, as Shars tries to finnally claw and bite at the sharck, the Sahuagin moves his trident with great ability, diverting the claws and fangs of Shars out of the weack points of his mount towars his own armor. Shars then realizes the Sahuagin will rather be attacked himself than let his mount be attacked first. Shars also notices that what looked like scales in the sharck's skin is actually a darck chain shirt barding.

Then Fist jumps, and now the center and right Sahuagin show equally good reflexes and strike at the warforged. However he tries to get too close to the Sharck shows as good reflexes as his knight, sinking his teeths into Fist and trying to drag the warforged into his jaws!

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 10:43 AM
Free grapple atempt from middle sharck against Fist! Roll is only for Fist's oposed check. Monster rolls remain secret.

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 11:53 AM
Fist tries desesperately to breack free, but the sharck's bite is too strong. The teeths sink deeper, and the Terlen shakes the warforeged violently, damaging him even more!

Then Saul launches his shower of golden dust, wich to glues to the Suhagins and it's mounts. When it finnally finishes settling, only the knight in the middle managed to keep his eyes whitout any powder. The sharcks blindly move their heads around as tough they were lost. But sudenly, the knight in the left releases a screech raising his trident into the air and the dust from his eyes disapears.

Jorwylf charges, and the knight on the right thrusts his trident toward him as he advances, piercing the draconic warrior's flesh, but this isn't enough to stop him. Dragon's fang then lunges deeply into the Sahuagin's flesh, wich screams in pain but still holds himself into it's mount.

Ooc:Well, you weren't expecting this to end so quickly were you? I might add, Random NPC was specially reckless at exposing himself to the sharck's attack.

The sharcks in the middle and left are blinded.

Jorwylf: was the only one who managed to deal damage. Dealt 11 damage to the terlen knight in the right. Realizes that while threatened by the Suhagin he will have trouble attacking other enemies in the battlefield. Took 8 damage from an Aoo.

Raging lion:took an Aoo from one of the Suangins dealing 8 damage. Took Aoo from sharck dealing 23 damage. Took 21 damage from losing grapple check. Took more 21 damage from Terlen special ability(shaking the victim violently every turn when it manages to get an hold). Didn't get to attack because charge was interrupted by sucessfull grapple. Realizes that while threatened by the Suhagin he will have trouble attacking other enemies in the battlefield.

Shars: Took 8 damage from Sahuagin Aoo. Missed all attacks on the mount. Realizes that while threatened by the Suhagin he will have trouble attacking other enemies in the battlefield.

Saul: learns the following
-It seems as tough every enemy has great reflexes(combat reflexes).
-It seems as tough the suhagin have been trained in the ways of the crusader. The way they defend their mounts resembles the technique known as Iron guard's glare, with wich they make harder for nearby enemies to attack their allies. However, this technique doesn't offer any extra protection for the Suhagin using it. The suhagin must threaten the enemy for this technique to worck, so positioning in a way in wich the suhagin can't cover their comrades may be the best strategy to overcome their combined defense.
-It seems as tough as the suhagin in the left used the infamous zealous surge crusader ability, wich allows the user to overcome a neferius effect once a day.

Now let me breath a little, and I'll take care of the Terlen knights counter attack.

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 12:02 PM
New oposed grapple check for Raging lion.

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 12:32 PM
The shark in the middle keeps munching in the warforged, moving over him. His rider then gracefully leaps from the saddle and, having indentified Saul as a dangerous caster and moves toward him.

"Die land dweller! In the name of the One below!"-he screams, his trident sudenly releasing a bluish glow of energy as it lunges torwards the caster.

Meanwhile, the Terlen knight in the left incites his blind mount to slightly move to the right, and then to attack Shars togheter with him!

The Terlen knight then drops his trident and pulls out a greatsword from behind his back, striking at Shars twice, but failing both attacks.

The shark however launches his head forward and his teeths sink into Sharn's flesh. The tiger men feels the mount trying to get an hold of him!

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 12:34 PM
Shars oposed grapple roll.

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 12:43 PM
Shars manages to escape from the shark's jaws before they do any more damage.

At the same time, the terlen knight on the left delivers a devastating blow against Jorwylf with his own talons, while his mount bites the draconic warrior, trying to also get an hold of him!

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 12:45 PM
Ooc:the sharck rolled too good for Jorwylf to beat.

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 12:49 PM
Jorwylf now also experiences the pain of the warforged, with the sharck viciously moving his head around tearing his flesh further.

Ooc:

Raging lion: more 28 damage from the sharck. Ouch, I must say. It is rolling madly in the grapple rolls.

Shars:took 16 damage, nothing more.

Saul: the terlen knight is moving towards you and it seems to be going to do a very very nasty attack. Wanna use any imediate action spell?

Jorwylf: more 35 damage. And now also grappled.

Hmm, maybe I made this ecounter a little too hard. But I also got some really good roles here at home. When winged one says if he wanna use an imediate action spell or not the iniative will move on to Jagadaishio.

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 06:29 AM
Current situation:
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red12.gif

playswithfire
2008-04-12, 07:02 AM
((Posting this because I don't think Jagadaisho will do anything to change my actions. If the enemy at H4 dies, change who I attack to his mount. If that's dead, too, make it a charge to J6 and up the attack rolls for charging and flanking))

Shars

As each blow strikes him, Shars grunts quietly, acknowledging the pain but controlling his reaction. Thinking to himself, I wasn't expecting other students of the Sublime Way. Well, let's see if you know this one, Shars smiles and vanishes from sight.

Swift action to use cloak of deception to turn invisible for the rest of this round.
Full attack H4, switching to his mount if I somehow kill him
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] Sneak Attack [roll2]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll3] Damage [roll4] Sneak Attack [roll5]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll6] Damage [roll7] Sneak Attack [roll8]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll9] Damage [roll10] Sneak Attack [roll11]
Bite Attack [roll12] Damage [roll13] Sneak Attack [roll14]

HP 55/77; healed 2 from fast healing
AC 33

jagadaishio
2008-04-12, 12:57 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk charges his mind blade, making it crackle with red energy whenever a raindrop hits it, hops to the left, and throws his sword at the advancing warrior.

Was waiting to see if an immediate action spell was or wasn't going to be cast.

Move action to charge the blade with psychic strike, five foot step to B6, throw mind blade at the enemy in D8.

[roll0]
[roll1] (Just in case I get 17-20 above)
[roll2] (x2 if I crit)
[roll3]
Edit: I forgot to apply the effects of haste, so +1 to the proper areas.

Glawackus
2008-04-12, 01:37 PM
Oh Lord, grapple rules.

I believe that in order to escape the grapple, I make a BAB+Strength check. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Jorwylf lets out an angry yell and kicks out with one leg, then the other, as he tries to escape.

Total attack bonus is +11/+6.

First Roll: [roll0]
Second Roll: [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 01:59 PM
Ooc:Yes, it's BAB+str+size bonus. You being medium don't receive any special bonus.

(rolls sharck's dice).
Hmm, nope, you're still stuck.

Saul, if you don't want to use any imediate action spell say so. If you don't say anything in the next 24 hours then I'll assume you don't want to use any imediate action spell and move on with the action.

Random NPC
2008-04-12, 02:28 PM
Fist

HP: 20 (4+16 of rage)
AC: 24

Seeing himself rather weak, he tries an evasive maneuver. First, he puts both feet, concentrates and makes himself as strong as unmoving as a mountain. "Denying Enraged Lion!" He screams with fury. His Ghulra and markings on his body start to shine softly a blood red light. Both of his hands begin to move around in order to free himself.

When freed, he jumps back and quickly moves in order to prepare himself for a counter attack.

Swift action to change into Roots of the Mountain stance
Raged
Standard Action to oppose the grapple check with a +10 thanks to RotM stance
[roll0]
Move action to move all the way to A4, RotM ends due to me moving. EDIT: Change that to N1, forgot about the +30 move on haste

With a +25 I REALLY think I will get out of that grapple!

Winged One
2008-04-12, 03:13 PM
Saul
HP 48/48
AC 19(+8 armor +2 DEX +1 dodge)
Initiative 20+
8 action points
Shaugins' turn
When the dismounted shaugin charges him, Saul whispers in Draconic "Borrow spell time." Immediately after that, he reaches a hand into his spell pouch and withdraws two half-spheres, one made of transparent crystal and the other of gum arabic. He presses them together, then draws a circle in the air around the shaugin. It is at this point that someone watching Saul will notice that nobody but Saul moved for the period of time that he cast the spell. A sphere of force starts to shimmer around the shaugin as the material sphere in Saul's hand vaporizes. As the crusader attempts to get out of it before it encloses him, Saul wrinkles his forehead in concentration and his foe finds that his reflexes are slightly impaired.
Casting Celerity as an immediate action to respond to the charge. Using the standard action to cast Resilient Sphere (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/resilientSphere.htm), and also using an action point to gain Spell Focus(evocation). Reflex DC 19(10+4 level+4 INT+1 Spell Focus) negates.
Saul's turn
However, Saul finds himself unable to help further for a bit, his mind reeling from the time alteration spell. Assuming, of course, that he's even conscious at this point.

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 04:43 PM
Saul casts the spell, and the sphere seems to totally envelop the shaugin, but at the last moment it manages to miracously escape before the force walls totally close around him.

Your tricks are nothing agains the will of the one below!-screams, the shaugin, pluging his sparckling trident against Saul. The sharp points manage to slip trough his armor, and the martial wizard feels a burst of burning energy explode from his wound.

Kankhimelk takes a step forward and throws his mind blade at the terlen knight, piercing his shoulder, but it seems to even anger more the aquatic creature.

Meanwhile Shars directs his atention against his own Terlen knight, and two claws and his teeths manage to rip the shaugin's flesh. In the end of the flurry of attacks it seems gravely hurt, but still stands mounted.

Fist manages to finnally pull apart the jaws holding him and escape, dpdging a blow from the Shaugin at the right.

Saul meanwhile is still trying to recover from his own spell.

Jorwylf tries to escape from his sharck but it is too strong.

Then the terlen knight in the left, able to see Shar again keeps plunging with his trident and inciting his sharck to attack, but failing to hit the tiger man.

The one in the middle, seeing how Saul is still standing, keeps plunging the trident at him

Fall foul wizard! You shall not use your magic ever again!

The first strike fails miserably, but the second manages to again Pierce Saul's flesh. Despite the blow now being much less potent, it's still enough to finnally take him down.

Meanwhile the sharck at the right tries to keep munching in Jorwylf.

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 04:45 PM
Jorwylf's oposed grapple check.

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-04-12, 05:27 PM
The shark keeps munching the draconic warrior.

It's rider however decides his companion needs help against the tiger man and runs to help him, but fails to pierce the savage warrior's tick skin and armor.

The shark in the middle looms his head around biting at random but there isn't anything he can grab.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red13-1.gif

Ooc:

Saul:took a total of 50 damage between all the attacks(40 from the first, a maneuver, ten from the second), is at -2.

Jorwylf:took 28 damage from the sharck grappling and special ability. (I would advise you to use rage to get a better chance of excaping the grapple next turn)

Everybody else either wasn't attacked or evaded the attacks damage.

The big yellow circle is the resilient shpere, blocking movement and line of effect.

The shaugin in the left seems very hurt, and the shaugin in the middle seems like he can still take some damage.

Winged One
2008-04-12, 06:04 PM
Saul
HP -3/58
8 action points
Initiative 20+
"Will they leave me alone when I'm dead?" Saul asks nobody in particular as the last trident strike pierces his flesh. There's a normally-absent note of hope in his voice. He collapses as the crusader withdraws the weapon, letting go of the longbow he had been holding. His bleeding shows no signs of stoping.

If you like, you can replace Saul's line above with "Did somebody order a large ham?":smallwink:

Winged One
2008-04-12, 06:05 PM
[roll0] High roll is stable.

Glawackus
2008-04-12, 06:45 PM
Jorwylf lets out a bellow and clasps his hands together, striking at the creature's head with both elbows.

Rage on! (lasts for 7 rounds, or until all enemies have the consistency of creamed corn :smalltongue:)

First Attempt to Escape Grapple: [roll0]
Second Attempt to Escape Grapple: [roll1]

Glawackus
2008-04-12, 06:47 PM
I'm going to spend an action point to improve that first roll.

Action Point

First Roll: [roll0]
Second Roll: [roll1]

Whichever of these is higher gets added to the first attempt to escape grapple. (I'm pretty sure that we get 2 dice at level 8.)

jagadaishio
2008-04-12, 08:46 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk remanifests his blade, charges it again with psychic energy, takes another step, and hurls it at the weakest looking knight.

Free action to manifest blade, move to charge it, five foot step, then attack.

The step is back to B5 and the target of the attack is the weakened looking one on the left.

[roll0] (I remembered the haste this time)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Random NPC
2008-04-12, 11:44 PM
Fist

The Warforged takes out a vial from his pack with his left and breaks it on his wound, then he spreads the oils all over his chest. After doing so he roars defiantly.

Move action to take an oil of repair moderate damage.
Standard action to apply it. [roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-04-13, 09:02 AM
Kankhimelk tries to aim as best as possible, but Shars and the knight are too close to each other to properly get a good throw, and the blade ends passing between them.

Ooc: Missed. Throwing stuff into an oponent who is in melee with an ally implies a -4 penalty to the attack. I didn't see precise shot in your character sheet, but if by any chance you have some other feat or class ability that would deny this ability let me know.

playswithfire
2008-04-13, 09:29 AM
Shars

Glare all you want, you still won't see this one coming! Having found his opponent's weakness, Shars makes one devastating attack to finish off the mounted sahuagin before rolling away.

Using emerald razor to make an unarmed touch attack against the mounted guy
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Then tumble away to G1 to give the ranged attackers clear shots
[roll2]

playswithfire
2008-04-13, 09:43 AM
I need that to be higher; spending an action point to improve that attack roll.
sadly my LA makes me level 7, so I only get [roll0]

jagadaishio
2008-04-13, 11:40 AM
OOC:
Sorry, I just forgot about the -4 penalty.

Oslecamo
2008-04-13, 04:10 PM
To the knights admirations Shars manages to slip trough their combined defenses and tear apart the flesh of the already wounded shaugin. A copious amount og blue blood gushes out and everything points to it being a fatal wound, but the crusader of the deeps seems to still hold himself up with his strenght of will alone.

Jorwylf meanwhile unleashes his primal strenght to try to overcome the shark holding him, but the beast struggles

[roll0]

[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-04-13, 04:14 PM
The shark holds his victim, and then tries to further pierce it with its teeths

Jorwylf's roll
[roll0]

Shark's roll
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-04-13, 04:27 PM
The shark suceeds.

The gravely wounded Terlen knight then says:

I'm sorry borhters...I can't hold much longer...GLORY IN DEATH and jump from his mount towards Shars while his trident glows in a blue light.

We shall still win this battle brother-says the other nearby shauagin wich also advances towards Shars, his trident glowing.

Double smite attack against Shars!
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll]120

Hit or miss, the Shauagin finnally falls bleeding in the deck after his last ditch effort.

At almost the same time, the third Shaugin decides to try his luck with Kankhimelk, attacking him twice with his trident.

Full attack against Kankhimelk
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll]120
[roll6]

Oslecamo
2008-04-13, 04:32 PM
[spoiler]
Confirmation roll
[roll0]

Second smite
[roll1]

Second attack of the second shaugin.
[roll2]

[spoiler]

Oslecamo
2008-04-13, 04:42 PM
The blinded sharks move their heads around confused.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red13-2.gif

Ooc: Jorwylf takes 17 damage

Shars takes 10 damage

Kankhimelk takes 15 damage.

Random NPC
2008-04-13, 05:22 PM
Fist

Fist prepares to deliver his whole fury upon the blinded shark by shifting into his 'Sprinting Lion' stance. He performs his Raging Lion Charge. The Warforged ends up behind the Shark and delivers a barrage of swings and strikes. The Warforged seems to move at great speeds, with every flailing strike managing to threaten the Shark.

HP: 33
AC: 24 (- 2 from charge, +2 from Absolute Steel)

Swift Action to change into Absolute steel
Full Round action spent in a pouncing charge and ended in square J6

[roll0]

Attacks on next post

Random NPC
2008-04-13, 05:26 PM
Attacks:

Attack Roll of First Attack (normal) [roll0] Damage Roll of the Attack [roll1] + Fire Damage [roll2]

Attack Roll of Second Attack (haste) [roll3] Damage Roll of the Attack [roll4] + Fire Damage [roll5]

Attack Roll of Third Attack (flailing strike) [roll6] Damage Roll of the Attack [roll7] + Fire Damage [roll8]

Attack Roll of Fourth Attack (flailing strike) [roll9] Damage Roll of the Attack [roll10] + Fire Damage [roll11]

Attack Roll of Fifth Attack (flailing strike) [roll12] Damage Roll of the Attack [roll13] + Fire Damage [roll14]

Attack Roll of Sixth Attack (flailing strike) [roll15] Damage Roll of the Attack [roll16] + Fire Damage [roll17]

Attack Roll of Seventh Attack (normal at -5) [roll18] Damage Roll of the Attack [roll19] + Fire Damage [roll20]

Winged One
2008-04-13, 05:33 PM
[roll0] fillerfillerfillerfiller

Winged One
2008-04-13, 05:34 PM
Saul
HP -4/58
8 action points
Initiative 20+
Saul's bleeding still shows no sign of stopping.

Glawackus
2008-04-13, 05:42 PM
Jorwylf lets out an incomprehensible roar, and tries to escape once more.

Man, if this doesn't work, I've had it with the forum roller.

Escape Attempt One: [roll0]
Escape Attempt Two: [roll1]

playswithfire
2008-04-13, 10:07 PM
Shars

Reveling in his first victory and a wave of (over?)confidence, Shars performs an acrobatic and amazingly swift back flip, landing lightly on all fours before hurling himself at his new opponent.

Swift action to sudden leap back (jump) [roll0] (tumble) [roll1] then using battle leader's charge with adjustment as mentioned in OOC thread for a character with pounce against E2 so as to charge with no AoOs and add 2 damage to each attack, distributing the 10 given by the maneuver

After jumping back to I1 and charging to F1:

Unarmed Strike Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll4] Damage [roll5]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll6] Damage [roll7]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll8] Damage [roll9]
Bite Attack [roll10] Damage [roll11]

HP 49/77
AC 31

Oslecamo
2008-04-14, 09:31 AM
Oposed rolls from the shark against Jorwyl's atempt of escape

[roll0]

[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-04-14, 10:05 AM
Shars takes advanatage of the knight lowering his defense for attack and his claws tear deeply the shauagin's flesh, making the monster scream in agony.

Then fist jumps towards the shark in the middle and unleashes a streaming flurry of blow, breacking the beast's bones while his fist rips out the tick skin, mutilating the water abomination untill it moves no more.

Meanwhile Jorwylf finnally manages to free himself from the shark's jaws.

The Shauagin wich Shars had just attacked then screams to his companion

It's useless brother...This walking tiger is too strong, and his companions aren't weak either... Run...I'll cover up your escape...-the shauagin cougs up blood-It's already too late for me...I failed our master...

I'll always remember you two brothers of arms-answers the other shauagin-I shall avenge you one day I swear it!

With this said, the last terlen knight moves to the shark in the right and skillfully mounts it, then makes it fly out of the ship carefully avoiding Jorwylf's attacks.

The doomed shauagin, in the other hand, makes his triden glow once more, this time with a brighter light and strikes one last time against Shars.

I shall take you with me foul beast!

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-04-14, 10:13 AM
When bringing forward his attack, the shauagin stumbles in the deck and head of the trident gets stuck in the wood, but the knight fails to stop his advance, making the other end of the weapon impale itself into his own flesh and come out from the other side of body. Nothing more comes from his mouth.

Ooc: Shark in the middle dead. Shauagin in the left dead. The remaining Shauagin, lightly wounded, mounted the right side shark(from wich Jorwylf had finnally escaped) and made an withdrawal out of the ship. He's now in the middle of the air, 45 feets to the right from G12. He's in the middle of thin air and thus can only be reached by people flying or ranged weapons.

Fist notices there are coins and other valuables among the guts of the shark he killed.

There's still one blinded living shark in the left side of the deck.

One of the shauagin's seems to still be breathing, altought very badly.

Glawackus
2008-04-14, 11:32 AM
Jorwylf slings his greatsword back over his back and withdraws a tube from his side, working a catch on the side to cause two arms to pop out from it. He slides a crossbow bolt into position on the top of it, and a high-pitched sound, growing steadily louder, begins to emanate from the 'crossbow'. Jorwylf flips his head to get his hair out of his eyes, and strides to the edge of the ship. "Somebody take care of the half-dead one," he calls, barely maintaining composure. "And don't stand right behind me."

Loading crossbow as move action, and moving 15 feet over to G12.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but for the sake of fluff, Jorwylf's crossbow is some kind of artifact that washed up on the beach on Argonessen. It still functions like a normal crossbow--I just wanted to have something different from the usual "wind the thing, release the gizmo, pull the trigger". :smalltongue:

Oslecamo
2008-04-14, 12:00 PM
Ooc:If you want to catch the knight, you should shoot now. Next turn he flies away at full speed and you'll probably lose line of sight since it's night and raining.

Glawackus
2008-04-14, 12:29 PM
Oh. Righto then, boss.

First Crossbow Attack: [roll0]
Second Crossbow Attack: [roll1]

Crit Confirm 1: [roll2]
Crit Confirm 2: [roll3]

Crossbow Damage 1: [roll4]
Fire Damage 1: [roll5]

Crossbow Damage 2: [roll6]
Fire Damage 2: [roll7]

playswithfire
2008-04-14, 01:09 PM
Shars

Seeing the enemy before him impaled on his own weapon, Shars gives a brief grunt of disdain before responding to Jorwylf's call. No! Leave him alive. He may have useful information if he doesn't die in the next few seconds. Meanwhile, there is one last enemy Shars can fight and so, he attacks.

Charging the one living shark; he's blind so I get sneak attack :smallbiggrin:

Unarmed Strike Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] Sneak Attack [roll2]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll3] Damage [roll4] Sneak Attack [roll5]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll6] Damage [roll7] Sneak Attack [roll8]
Unarmed Strike Attack [roll9] Damage [roll10] Sneak Attack [roll11]
Bite Attack [roll12] Damage [roll13] Sneak Attack [roll14]

Winged One
2008-04-14, 02:39 PM
[roll0]
Saul
HP -5/58
8 action points
Initiative 20+

Saul is still dying from his wounds.

Oslecamo
2008-04-14, 03:31 PM
Jorwylf's first bolt hits the Knight, but it still holds in the saddle.

Shars manages to cut flesh with three of the swipes, but the shark still growls angered, moving his head trying to catch something.

jagadaishio
2008-04-14, 04:35 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk recreates his blade, still charged because it didn't hit anything when he threw it before. He then charges the remaining shark, hoping to drive the weapon home.

[spoiler][roll0] (+14 normal, +2 from charge, +1 from haste)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 07:43 AM
The blade impales itself in the shark's head before dissipating, and the beast finnally crumbles on the airship's deck, breathing blood.

Meanwhile, the run away Terlen Knight disapears in the darkenss of the night, and a big silence falls over the combat zone.

Ooc:Battle over. 2560 exp per head. There is one dead shark, one still breathing but fallen shark, one dead shauagin, one still breathing but fallen shauagin lying in the deck.

Saul's still bleeding.

You hear some footsteps carefully aproaching from the lower decks.

Decide what to do now.

Glawackus
2008-04-15, 08:47 AM
Jorwylf calls out to whoever is moving about below. "The threat has been dealt with!"

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 08:54 AM
Soon thereafter, the captain appears on the deck, carrying a blade in each hand and with a very scared face.

Everything was so silent...Is it over?

Then it notices the butchered corpses in the ground.

Oh, thanks the gods you managed to take them. I had heard rumors that shauagins had grew bold enough to attack airships, but I never tought it would happen to me, you know?

He then turns back and yells:

Get here you bunch of sissies. Our honored clients took the effort of driving back that vile scum. This is real adventurers we have here, not some heartless rats like you.

Then the rest of the crew appears, carrying several strange tools, and disperse over the deck, worcking in the elemental ring that has some cracks over it, aparently caused by the knights, and bowing politely to the party while murmuring ashamed excuses for their cowardice.

The captain then notices Saul and carefully aproaches it. After making sure he's still alive, he takes a flask from his belt and pours the content inside the fallen human's lips.

This is the least I can do to thank you for saving me and my crew.

[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 08:56 AM
Ah, there you go lad. That was a very nasty blow you received. I must thank you for your effort in helping to save my airship and my men. No, don't worry about the healing potion spent, it's on the house.

Ooc:Saul healed for 8 HP.

Glawackus
2008-04-15, 09:24 AM
Jorwylf lets out something of a satisfied grunt, and heads for the stairs to the lower decks. "I," he announces to those around him, "am going to go get smashed. You are welcome to join me."

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 10:54 AM
Ooc:You currently have 3 hp, and 14 temporary HP from rage. This means that or you get some healing, or you'll drop to -11 when the rage ends in a few turns, aka completely dead.

Random NPC
2008-04-15, 02:13 PM
Fist

Fist looked around the corpse in front of him and the red glowing marks on his body stopped glowing, becoming once again the normal carved marks on his armor. His mind stopped the body altering rage. He then began to look inside the shark.

"This will be a long night..." he said. "... I don't think I'll fix all the damage." He said talking about his damage sustained in battle. "I won't be able to recover not even to a 30% of my full health" He started to open up the wounds of the shark. "And I think you could cook this thing and eat it." The Warforged had no sense of disgust in the idea of cooking it nor in the act of looking inside the Shark.

Should I roll search or something?

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 02:25 PM
Ooc:Looking inside the shark he just killed, Fist finds:

700 gold coins, 10 ambers, scroll inside a ruined case with a rotten hand still grabing it

Winged One
2008-04-15, 02:46 PM
Saul
3/58 HP
"Y-you're welcome." Saul says, a bit startled that the captain bothered to save him without another task for him. He goes to Fist and says "Um, Raging Lion Fist, I know a minor warforged repair spell, but I didn't really know I'd be working with you, so I don't have it ready. I-I'll have it ready tomorrow. I wanted to research more powerful ones too, but he wants the artifact as quickly as we can get it..." He sees the scroll and asks "Um, may I look at that please?" If Fist lets him see the scroll, he opens it up and does his best to decipher it if it needs any deciphering.

Take 10 on Spellcraft for 32 if needed(10+4 INT +11 ranks +3 skill focus +2 seven veils +2 synergy). Decipher Script +13(+9 ranks +4 INT), WIS -1, needs to be rolled in secret if it's rolled at all, but I'll spend an action point to improve the roll if it is.

Oslecamo
2008-04-15, 04:25 PM
Ooc:no need for rolls, you have enough modifier to auto suceed.

The scroll contains two arcane spells, blindness/deafness and goul touch, CL3 both.

playswithfire
2008-04-15, 05:41 PM
Shars

When the captain arrives, Shars turns to him and gives a brief report. One of your men was throw overboard before we arrived, though those that fled may have told you that. Of the three that arrived, one fled, one is dead and the other is close to death, but may still be alive if you wish to detain and question him. As the captain tends to Saul, Shars briefly closes his eyes and a look of calm spreads over his face as his injuries slowly heal. Pausing only briefly, he then inspects the corpses of the sahaugins he fought, checking for useful items (and to see if the second one has died yet). This done, he follows Jorwylf. A drink always tastes good after winning a fight! Lead on.

jagadaishio
2008-04-15, 08:32 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk remanifests his blade, charges it again, and lets it dissipate, so that it's ready to be used at a moment's notice if battle finds them again. He then follows Jorwylf to go get smashed. When he notices how brutalized he is, he says, "You aren't looking so good. You should go see if you can get a healing potion."

Random NPC
2008-04-15, 08:43 PM
Fist

Fist takes out the valuables, gives the scroll case to Saul. He then proceeds to pile up the goods and arrange them in a bloody mess of vile and guts and rot. "It would be quite useful if I can have that spell as soon as possible. I have more repairing oils with me, but I don't want to spend them too hastily." He says to Saul.

2 Oils of Repair Moderate Damage
[roll0]
[roll1] EDIT: Damn, ignore that.

He then would spent 8 hours of uninterrupted repairing. If the conditions allows for it, then take the result of this roll (Craft(Armorsmithing) check -15) as the damage repaired on those 8 hours.

[roll2]

Fist in reality just waited to heal up half way through and did the repairing after that.

Glawackus
2008-04-15, 08:45 PM
"Pah," Jorwylf says, "Not so bad. I have seen worse." He looks around at the others, and takes note of Saul. A sad look passes across his face, like a cloud on a sunny day, and he smiles again. "Even a stupid lout like me knows some magic. Do not worry."

Swift action to activate vigor aura. Everyone at or below half your full HP gets fast healing 2. There's still the 30' thing, but I'm sure we'll all be within the distance for the time being. :smallbiggrin:

Random NPC
2008-04-15, 09:00 PM
Fist

"Quite useful indeed." Fist says and sits down close to Jorwylf and feels that strange sensation of positive energy flowing through his unnatural body. After three and a half minutes had passed he stands up. "Thank you for that magical power. I'll continue where you left in order to be as efficient as possible for the next day." He stops and looks to the sky.

"If I'm not needed, I'll be somewhere I could repair myself. I'm in no shape to fight or complete tasks. You should do the same and heal yourselves." He says in a quite monotonous voice.

In reality, Fist doesn't like repairing himself. He could spend the night contemplating everything and ponder and learn, but not today. He's confined to the small room preparing himself for reparations.

Back to repairing :smallbiggrin:

Winged One
2008-04-15, 11:04 PM
Saul
"O-okay." Saul says to Fist's request for repair magic as soon as possible(while he could technically cast the spell now, it would still be impossible by Saul's understanding of the power he tried to hinder the shaugin's reflexes with). When he's finished deciphering the scroll, he says in a slightly disappointed tone "Oh, I already know these spells." When Jorwylf activates his positive energy aura, Saul stays around him until it stops healing him, and says "Um, thanks." when it starts. When people start going to different parts of the ship, he says "Excuse me, but shouldn't we put the valuables somewhere? And, um, I don't think we checked all of them..."

Oslecamo
2008-04-16, 05:29 AM
The bleeding Shauagin seems to have stablized. As Shars roams trough the defeated bodies, he finds several usefull things.

Ooc:

Loot:
Uncoscious shauagin- 1300 gp

2nd shark-600 GP, flask with green shiny liquid, remains of a skull wearing a necklace with 7 red and orange beads, yellow glowing kama with some skeleton fingers still wrapped around it.

Dead shauagin-4000 sp, gold and ruby ring, shark tooth shaped dagger, red glowing greatsword wrapped in clothes, black ring with runes.

Well I'll be damned. I make him fight with a standard greatsword and he ends up having a magic greatsword .:smalltongue:

Oslecamo
2008-04-16, 05:44 AM
As you finish examining the bodies the captain appears and says

Sorry to interrupt, but ship be ready, lads, please come back inside, this time time we sail full speed ahead to avoid more nasty ecounters. Shame for the boy we lost, but there's nothing we can do for him now. We'll mourn him later, I must first finish my job of delivering you.

Then the captain orders his crew to return to their posts and then he himself ties the shauagin up and puts him at his shoulder, carrying him to a small locked room, before returning to the comand post.

After returning to the waiting room, you sudenly feel a strong push back and when you look at the windows you can see you now advance at around twice the original speed, strong gusts of wind coming from the elemental ring, making the buttler curse as he spills the drinks that he was preparing to the party.

Effectively, in some minutes you manage to see Stormreach in the horizon, and in less than an hour you're landing on top of a big tall wooden building wich stands above all the others, the recent air dock built to promote flying commerce and transport. You can't see much of the city due to the darkness, but you notice it's mostly done of crudly build two or three store simple wooden houses, with just a dozen stone more sophisticated buildings in the middle. The tall trees of the jungles stand just a few meters from the most outer buildings. As you all know, Stormreach has been leveled and rebuilt several times by attacks from angry giants, cunning drows and vicious beasts. But the income of adventurers and the efforts of the houses keep the city going and growing. Xen'drik's treasures are the main industry of the Stormreach, whose buildings are mainly focused on providing services to the adventurers and explorers who dwell in the jungle, plus barracks full of authorities and soldiers wich keep some degree of order in the city and try to make sure that the governments of the five countries get a slice of the treasures.

Before you get out, the captain informs you:

I'll be delivering the living shauagin to the local authorities. If they have already attacked other ships then there may be a reward. I'll let word that it was you who did the job, so if you have some free time pass by the barracks near the ports where the pirates and other sea criminals are kept. They'll let you "interrogate" him if you wish to try to squeeze something more out of him.

A group of servants is waiting for you, and after handing a bag full of coins to the captain and praising him for his good worck, they take you inside the building, trough a maze of corridors and stairs untill you reach a medium sized room, with a fireplace, a big table and several chairs. Several tankards of bear and plates with bread and smoking meat are over it,just as if they had been served.

Waiting for you inside is a beatifull looking elf with black hair with a silver tiara, white skin, black eyes, tight leather clothes and a rapier at his waist. He doesn't look frail like most elfs, but more like a tough sharp knife. His eyes are full of cunning and his voice is somewhat arrogant but friendly. Taking a gulp from her tankard, he speaks:

Well, well, right on schedule boys. I'm Guilherme, and I'll be your guide in this hell above earth wich you people call Xen'drik. We will depart tomorrow night, so you can make any last minute shoping and preparation here in the city while the sun shines. I've spent the last days making my job, to see if all of you youngsters can make it back in one piece. The drows are preparing for an important cerimony, and the orb will be in the same temple for a week, starting after tomorrow. If we can't catch it by then, then it will be more weeks or months of worck for me to find it again. Company told me you were the best of the best. I hope this ain't just talk, because those drows we're gonna meet are the nastiest of them all. I want a clean job. We get in , we get the orb, and we get out. You stomp however gets in our way, but you don't get out of the way I tell you. The drows keep a lot of nasty pets in those dungeons of theirs. Actually, we can only suceed because the drows have deep rivarlies between them. If we attack a group, the others won't probably come for help out due to their stupid society rules of castes and rule of strongest yada yada. What I basically mean, try to don't bite more than you can chew, because if you do I'll leave you behind.

Guilherme takes another gulp of beer.

Well, just one more question to settle in. There aren't safe routes to the temple. There are just less deadly routes. I've identified the three less dangerous, and I'll let you choose wich one you prefer.

First, a nasty nomad hill giant tribe that decided to settle, around a week ago, in what I tought was a relatively safe pass, oh joy. Stupid, bad and strong, a dangerous combination. They're around fourty, with a dire wolves pack, some dozens ogres pals, and slaves. However we won't need to face all of that if we try to get into their territorry, unless we enter on their main camp. By going slightly around we'll probably just find some raiding party of theirs, wich we can easily defeat if we worck togheter.

Second, we can try to pass trough the sanctuary that those ashbound tree hugging orcs are trying to build in the middle of the jungle. They're around sixty, with several degrees of experience and strenght. Their leader is a druid to wich is actually possible talking whitout fighting, but some of his pals are really hotblooded and will attack us if we carry anything "not natural".

Third, we can go trough a really tick patch of forest. I personally never had any problem with it, but it's been a while since I've been there, and the last notices I heard tell of some mysterious beast or beasts that now stalcks that zone and eats anything that dares enter it.

So, wich one do you prefer?

Questions?

playswithfire
2008-04-16, 11:35 PM
Shars

Making a mental note to stop by the barracks just in case the captured sahuagin has anything useful to say, Shars follows the others to the meeting with the elf. Grabbing a tankard or ale and a chunk of meat, Shars begins devouring both while listening to the elf's information. At the end of the speech, Shars has a simple response I've got only one question: which route is fastest?

Oslecamo
2008-04-17, 01:48 AM
They all would take more or less the same time to travel trough. One day worth's of marching to reach the drow main territory, with me showing the shortcuts trough the dificult terrain and knowing exactly where we want to go. Delays will depend in your ability to get rid of any unexpected obstacles we find in the way, but I trust you won't let anything delay us too much. Your choice is mainly a matter of wich kind of enemy you would rather face.

playswithfire
2008-04-17, 08:08 AM
Shars

Doesn't matter to me. Anyone have a preference or should I start flipping coins?

Glawackus
2008-04-17, 08:11 AM
"I think the giants would be the best. We will be able to hear them coming." Jor grins fiercely.

jagadaishio
2008-04-17, 03:06 PM
Kankhimelk

"The route through the ashbound sanctuary sounds like it has the highest potential of safety. The problem would be our worked metal and magical equipment. I know that, even if it would be safest to remove it when traveling through there, we would be woefully unprotected when it came time to take the artifact from the drow. But I think that I would rather travel through the jungle. It makes more sense to me to take a route which may have no dangers rather than a route which has known hostile dangers," says Kankhimelk, frowning slightly at the particular range of available options.

Winged One
2008-04-17, 07:28 PM
Saul
Airship
Saul grabs all the valuables found on the shaugin and the sharks and goes down with the rest of the group. He piles it all on a convenient table and starts examining everything except for the coins. Notable about specific examinations is that he briefly glances at a small book in his backpack about the dagger, that his pupils glow slightly for a second after taking a sniff of the potion, that he seems a bit stumped when the necklace turns into golden beads. If nobody asks him what the things do, he puts the black ring on in case they are attacked before they can get to a place to sell their loot, puts the rest of it into his backpack, and goes back to reading. It seems that all of this is a bit heavier than is comfortable for him to carry around, but he doesn't complain.
Stormreach
How would they know there's a monster there if it eats everyone who goes there? Morons. Saul thinks. He is silent about his preference, since he really doesn't have one so long as everybody tells him so he knows what spells to get ready.

Random NPC
2008-04-17, 09:27 PM
Fist

Not being able to finish his repairs, Fist decides to finish himself when the others go to sleep.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Fist looks at Kankhimelk. "The jungle will not be safe. I am walking worked metal and magical equipment. The orcs will not like my presence there."

Glawackus
2008-04-18, 07:43 AM
"This is a good point," Jorwylf laughs. "Unless one of you has some magic that will let us conceal him, I think it is clear we must confront either the giants, or whatever beast may lie in wait in the jungles."

playswithfire
2008-04-18, 08:01 AM
Shars

Well, all things being equal, better the enemy about which we have some information than the one we don't. I vote for the giants. Shars then refills his tankard and grabs another piece of meat, waiting to see if anyone disagrees.

Oslecamo
2008-04-20, 05:13 PM
Then we'll face the giants it seems.
Well, if you don't jave any more questions, then I'll meet you at the western gate tomorrow by sun set. Make sure you buy anything you may need now because we aren't going to see a shop so soon.

Ooc:Decide what to buy, and since we're at it, decide a party formation, who goes in front, who goes in back, or I will put you randomly.

playswithfire
2008-04-21, 07:57 PM
Shars

Deciding that his gear has served him well enough this far and he'd rather save up for something impressive, Shars follows the others around to see what they're buying, gets a bit drunk at a tavern and after sleeping late the next morning, arrives at the meeting place early, keeping a casual eye out for anyone who looks like they might be in competition with his group for the retrieval of the artifact.

OOC: Shars will probably take point unless someone else wants it

Random NPC
2008-04-21, 10:07 PM
Fist

Fist decides to go and finish his repairs in order to be in better shape.

OOC: I spend 8 hours repairing damage

jagadaishio
2008-04-25, 01:56 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk just spends the time picking up basic camping supplies, like a sleeping bag and rope.

Oslecamo
2008-04-26, 02:30 PM
Guilherme is waiting at the combined point, with a unexpressive face.

"Everybody ready? Then let's go. I'll lead the way. Remember, this is Xen'drink's jungle. In case of doubt, attack it first and ask questions later."

He then advances towards the trees that lay some feets ahead of you. As you follow him, the branches quickly surround you, and you barely. A hundred exotic scents fill your nostrils and a thousand diferent noises can be heard from all sides. Soon the city disapears from view and you are definetely in the jungle. The only thing you have to lead you is Ghilherme, who moves graciously trough the plants, sometimes disapearing from view completely, but always making sure you're still following him.

Ooc:Those who want it roll for move silently and hide (-5 penalty to move at full speed).

Everybody roll for spot and listen.

Glawackus
2008-04-26, 06:05 PM
Move Silently? Hide?! This is not the barbarian way! :smallyuk:

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

jagadaishio
2008-04-26, 06:37 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Random NPC
2008-04-26, 06:42 PM
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Fist is the last one in the formation

Winged One
2008-04-27, 07:33 PM
Saul explains each item he is able to identify without casting the spell to the party before and lets them take what they will. In the morning, after he's repaired Fist, he gets the proper components for an Identify spell and casts it on the strange necklace. He then explains it's function to the party and lets anyone who want it take it. Once the others have taken their items, he goes to sell the remaining items(making sure to ask the shopkeeper what he would have paid for whatever items were taken by the party). He himself decides to keep the potion of Darkvision and the nonmagical ring(he'd rather carry that than it's cash value for now, and with some effort he could make an enemy waste a Dispel Magic spell on it as well). While in the shop, he gets a scroll(which he keeps in the sold scroll's case) and a wand. After some calculations, he divides the spoils into everyone's share(taking the sell values of any kept items out of the keeper's share) and distributes it when they meet at the gate.

Will cast Repair Light Damage until Fist has 5 or less damage, then Repair Minor Damage until either Fist is undamaged or Saul runs out of RMDs. Saul has 2 Repair Light Damage spells and 1 Empowered Repair Light Damage spell prepared. He'll start with regular RLD, and will only use Empowered RLD if it seems warranted.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Saul will try to remain concealed if he can without slowing the party down any more than anyone else is.
Will take the -5 if nobody else is slowing down(including Guilherme)
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 07:56 AM
After what seems like a couple of hours, you're walcking in the jungle, when Fist hears something crack at his right. As he turns to look, four large chunck of rocks are flying towards him, thrown by an hill giant who comes behind a large tree!

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 08:09 AM
However Fist manages to skillfully dodge or block all the rocks thrown at him.

The giant then lets a giant roar and takes out a bone spear from his back. He wears a crude leather armor with several skins and trophies of beasts over it. In his belt rests some kind of bone axe and a big bag. His eyes glow with intelegence for his small head and he seems to be rather agile for something so big. However, Fist also notices that in answer to the giant's screams some other creatures in the jungle around you scream back, and the warforged can hear several big things starting to run towards the party's position.

Ambush!-Guilherme screams-Finish this hunter quickly because more giants will surely come now!

Fist's keen hearing allows him to detect that the closer sounds are coming from the north and will arrive in around six seconds. It seems to be three creatures.

The big green circles are trees, with block line of sight, effect and can't be crossed.
The giant hunter is the big gray circle

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red100-1.gif

Oslecamo
2008-05-01, 08:15 AM
Iniative time!

Guilherme[roll0]
Giant Hunter [roll1]
Saul [roll2]
Fist [roll3]
Shars [roll4]
Kankhimelk [roll5]
Jorwylf [roll6]

Same rules as usual. In case of tie guy with biggest modifier goes first.

Random NPC
2008-05-01, 10:25 PM
Fist

As Fist is walking down the jungle, with his watch on the team and his surroundings, he notices something weird. Something is amiss. Then, rocks come down and he dodges and blocks one that was about to hit someone with his large fist. Fist finds himself facing the giant. The warforged turns left and sees more giants approaching. He decides to take no chances. "Weaken the big one first. Everyone can take the other ones." He thinks as he moves swiftly.

His movements seem more fluid now, he tries not to rush into things. He jumps a little and spins midair to land on his back and roll, tumbling as the same time as he evades his opponent's attacks. After regaining his fist, he throws a powerful attack with his giant fist.

"Raging Lion Bonecrushing Fang!" He screams as he infuses his punch with Ki. The attack would small ripples on his opponent's body that will weaken the Giant's bone structure.

Moved to J10 while tumbling to evade AoO

[roll0]

Attack on the giant

[roll1]
[roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4]

Bonecrusher maneuver. Fortitude DC 18 or everyone receives +10 when confirming criticals to this giant.

Oslecamo
2008-05-02, 04:17 AM
Fist graciously aproaches the giant whitout opening his defense and delivers his secrete technique, but it fails to overcome the giant's tick skin.

jagadaishio
2008-05-03, 02:42 PM
OOC:

Could we get one of those battlefield maps? I'm not certain about distances or placement of obstacles for purposes of ranged attacks, mobility, and charges.

Oslecamo
2008-05-03, 07:56 PM
Ooc:check post 122.

jagadaishio
2008-05-03, 09:12 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk manifests his still-charged mind blade and moves at the Giant, hoping to dodge its attacks as artfully as Fist, and hopefully landing a blow hard enough to penetrate the giant's thick skin.

Move to G10 [roll0] to avoid an attack of opportunity.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Oslecamo
2008-05-05, 05:06 AM
Ooc: Playswithfire seems to have disapeared from the forums, so he'll lose his turn for now.

It's Jorwylf's turn.

Glawackus
2008-05-05, 05:17 AM
Jorwylf runs around the tree, waves his hand, and then pulls his crossbow.

Move to H8, swift action to activate energy shield (any creature striking you or your ally with a natural attack or nonreach weapon is dealt 4 pts of acid damage). Loading crossbow considered a free action w/ Rapid Reload.

Attack 1
[roll0]
Reg. Damage [roll1]
Explosive Damage (also affects anyone in 5' radius) [roll2]

Attack 2
[roll3]
Reg. Damage [roll4]
Explosive Damage (also affects anyone in 5' radius) [roll5]

Oslecamo
2008-05-05, 09:35 AM
The arrow hits the giant in the shoulder, exploding violently over him!

Is a hit.

Reflex save for half damage from explosion

[roll0]

I'm assuming you're shooting in a way you don't risk the explosion hiting fist.

Oslecamo
2008-05-05, 09:47 AM
The explosion catches the giant completely unaware and the wound stays charred with the fire!

Guilherme then moves to the back of the tree while taking out his rapier and shouting:

Keep it up guys! I'm sure you can take down that filthy beast!

Kankhimelk then follows Fist in aproachin the giant with a gracious sucession of acrobacies to avoid his massive weapon. His psychic blade manages to find a weack point under the giant's arm and his blood spills in the ground.

Despite the nasty looking wounds, the massive giant seems like he's still ready for more.

Ooc: Arrow hit for full damage. Jorwylf moved more than 5 feet so you only get one shot unless you have some special class feature I may have missed.

Kankhimelk's attack also hit the giant for full damage.

Saul's turn

Oslecamo
2008-05-05, 09:52 AM
Stupid double post...

Guilherme made a "strategic positioning" to h10 and drew his rapier.

Glawackus
2008-05-05, 01:19 PM
The explosion catches the giant completely unaware and the wound stays charred with the fire!

Guilherme then moves to the back of the tree while taking out his rapier and shouting:

Keep it up guys! I'm sure you can take down that filthy beast!

Kankhimelk then follows Fist in aproachin the giant with a gracious sucession of acrobacies to avoid his massive weapon. His psychic blade manages to find a weack point under the giant's arm and his blood spills in the ground.

Despite the nasty looking wounds, the massive giant seems like he's still ready for more.

Ooc: Arrow hit for full damage. Jorwylf moved more than 5 feet so you only get one shot unless you have some special class feature I may have missed.

Kankhimelk's attack also hit the giant for full damage.

Saul's turn

OOC

Oh, never mind. Misread Rapid Reload.

Winged One
2008-05-05, 07:57 PM
Saul moves around the tree until he sees the hill giant, pulling his longbow from his quiver as he goes. Once the giant is in sight, he pulls a bit of sponge and a vial of water from his pouch, spills exactly one drop of water onto the sponge, draws a circle in the air with his finger, and then points to the giant as he says the Draconic word for cold. Ice crystals appear in the air in a five foot sphere that has part of the giant in it, and then the crystals fall to the ground. After it first forms, they continue to form at the edges of the sphere and then fall since they aren't supported by anything.

Casting Numbing Sphere.
[roll0] 5 cold damage
[roll1] 3 DEX damage
Reflex DC 16 negates the damage.

Oslecamo
2008-05-06, 12:27 PM
As the ice forms near his shoulder the giant steps back and manages to avoid the cold spell.

Your tricks don't scare me puny human! Look at what I make of your little toy!-roars the giant, swinging his massive axe at the sphere and shatering it with one hit.

AHAHAHA! Now it's your turn little human with shiny sword!

The giant then raises his axe again and brings it down two times against Kankhimelk, but the swings are done wildy and the psychic warrior easily dodges them.

However, as Fist prepares to move again, two other hill giants burst up from the trees at north. They are even dirtier than the hunter giant and they wield primitive clubs of wood. Their clothes are nothing more than animal skins put over their bodies forming a primitive armor and held up with some bones and leather straps. However, in front of them it goes a rabid dire wolf. The giant's faces are dull and their mouths drooling.

Hunt master you called?-asks one of them.

Those things are too tiny! They barely have any meat on them! Can't we go catch something else?-says the other

Over here you idiots!-calls the giant hunter-Those little guys dared to enter our hunting grounds! Teach them a lesson!

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red100-2.gif

Ooc:numbing sphere destroyed.

Giant made his save but failed his attacks against the party members.

Reinforcments have arrived for the giants. They'll act only in this new turn. Their iniative is 4 so they act after the giant hunter. They are considered flat footed untill they act as per normal combat rules.

Random NPC
2008-05-06, 03:51 PM
Fist

The warforged closes in to the Giant Hunter with a single graceful jump. He then opens his big hand fully into a single blade. He then proceeds to make four stabs at the Giant. "Raging Lion Spear Fang!" The air seems to bend around the giant metal glove of Fist and fire engulfs the fingers as he pierces through the Giant.

Moved to I 11

Standard Action to attack the giant Hunter

Extra Attacks from Flailing strike - (1d4)[2] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4291318&postcount=5)

First attack - (1d20+13)[29]
Second attack - (1d20+13)[15]
Third attack - (1d20+13)[31]
Fourth attack - (1d20+9)[15] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4291331&postcount=6)

First attack damage - (3d6+6)[18] + Fire damage - (1d6)[1]
Second attack damage - (3d6+6)[16] + Fire damage - (1d6)[5]
Third attack damage - (3d6+6)[16] + Fire damage - (1d6)[4]
Fourth attack damage - (3d6+6)[16] + Fire damage - (1d6)[2] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4291348&postcount=7)

My guess is 39 damage total.

Oslecamo
2008-05-06, 06:23 PM
Two of the Fist's attacks manage to penetrate the giant defenses and his battlefist rips his flesh while burning it at the same time making the giant scream in pain. When the onsalught of blows ends the giant finnally starts to show signs of weackness.

Ooc:Indeed second and third attack hited for 39 damage total.

jagadaishio
2008-05-10, 11:36 AM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk ignores the addition of the other giants and keeps slashing with his now discharged blade at the giant before him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Glawackus
2008-05-10, 03:45 PM
Jorwylf

Jorwylf loads another bolt and fires away, laughing. "Come, fallen oafs!"

Same targeting as before. Full attack action to get that second attack in.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Confirm (above must be 28 or 29): [roll1]
Regular Damage: [roll2]
Explosive Damage: [roll3]

Second Attack: [roll4]
Crit Confirm (above must be 23 or 24): [roll5]
Regular Damage: [roll6]
Explosive Damage: [roll7]

Oslecamo
2008-05-11, 12:22 PM
Jorwylf lets out a flurry of bolts, but the giant skillfully dodges them and they explode several feets behind him. But this distraction allows for Kankhimelk to deliver another stab at the giant.

Ghuileherme holds his rapier with an arrogant look at his face, pointing it at the giants.

"C'mon, I can take all of you, come here and try my sting!"

Ooc:Jorwylf missed. Kankhimelk hit the first attack.

Saul's turn.

Winged One
2008-05-11, 04:00 PM
Saul steps out from behind the tree to see the giants for himself, then takes a bit of pork rind out of his pouch(which no doubt smells horrible from all of the weird crap he keeps in it), then flicks it in a motion that causes it to move in a completely straight line at a space between the wolf and the giant near it as he says "Slip" in Draconic. The butter flies farther than would be possible were the laws of physics not afraid to come within a mile of Saul and spreads under the feet of the two aforementioned beings. With his spell cast, he laments "This would be so much easier if I didn't have to save my strong magic for the drow."

And now he can be reminded that the attack on the drow is tomorrow rather than today without metagaming. 5' step to J8, casting Grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) on spaces B8, C8, B9, and C9. Reflex DC 15.

Oslecamo
2008-05-11, 05:49 PM
The giant and the wolf watch suprised as the butter spreads between their feets, and sudenly they fall, unable to mantain their equilibrium.

Get up you goods for nothing!-screams the leader giant, who then resumes his attacks on Fist. This time the axe hits all three times, and Fist barely manages to avoid the last blow slice his metalic head, even if it still makes a nasty cut on his armored skin. However, each blow that lands on the warforged makes acid spill out of his body, burning the attacker.

Who are you little mens? -asks the hunter admired at the acid burning his hands.

I'll help ya take care of them boss!-says the ungreased giant, advancing towards Jorwylf and swinging is mace wildly. The dragon barbarian tries to doge the blow, but ends up triping and allowing the giant to land a devastating blow on his ribs. However the giant backs off a step when more acid spills from his oponent, burning his arm.

Wait for me guys!-screams the third giant, wich manages to get himself up and aproache the fray, followed by the dire wolf who also manages to get out from the slipery floor.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red100-3.gif

Ooc: Fist takes 68 damage from three attacks, but the giant took 12 acid damage in return. Remember that Saul spent several repair light damage on you before entering he jungle, so you should be at full HP before taking this damage.

Jorwylf received a crit for 38 damage. His attacker received more 4 acid damage.

The wolf and the giant both failed their initial saves against grease, but then they used a double move to get up, suceeded at their balances checks and the last remaining move action to close with the party.

Random NPC
2008-05-12, 02:27 AM
Fist

Fist can't help but to give a strong roar. Enraged, he braces himself with his feet to the ground. The Warforged starts exuding ki and the plating seems to become tougher. "Enough of this!" He says as another barrage of attacks cover the Giant Hunter.

"Raging Lion Spear Fang!" He screams once again. The claws are covered with small flames.

Used mountain roots stance. DR 2/-

Extra Flailing Strikes - (1d4)[2] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4312098&postcount=21)

Attack rolls:
First Attack - (1d20+13)[24] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4312103&postcount=22)

Second Attack - (1d20+13)[31]

Third Attack - (1d20+13)[26]

Fourth Attack - (1d20+8)[23]
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4312105&postcount=23)

Damage rolls:

First Attack Damage - (3d6+6)[17] + Fire Damage - (1d6)[6]
Second Attack Damage - (3d6+6)[15] + Fire Damage - (1d6)[5]
Third Attack Damage - (3d6+6)[18] + Fire Damage - (1d6)[3]
Fourth Attack Damage - (3d6+6)[17] + Fire Damage - (1d6)[5] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4312119&postcount=24)

I reckon roasted giant or somewhere along the lines from 41 to 86 damage.

Overkill? Hey! He annoyed me!

Oslecamo
2008-05-12, 05:23 AM
This time the giant is unable to avoid the attacks. The flaming fists completely tears apart his armor, the tick skin and finnally the last blow pierces his massive chest and hits the giant's heart, making it explode due to the sheer strenght of the blow. The massive dead body falls back making the jungle tremble, smoke coming out from his body.

Ooc:There is no such thing as overkill on this campaign. There is only attacking the enemy untill it stops moving

Giant hunter made into mincemeat.

Jorwyl's turn.

Glawackus
2008-05-12, 08:49 AM
Jorwylf

Jor drops his crossbow and flies into a rage upon being struck. He draws his sword and lashes out at the giant.

Dropping crossbow is a free action. Using a rage.

First Attack
Crit Confirm (above must be 30-33): [roll1]

Second Attack
Attack Roll: [roll3]
Crit Confirm (above must be 25-28): [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Glawackus
2008-05-12, 08:50 AM
Second Damage Roll for Crit (as needed): [roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-05-12, 09:32 AM
Jorwyl suprises the giant by showing he's also skilled in close combat, sudenly drawing his blade and managing to slice deeply in the giant's flesh. But the second blow isn't fast enough and the gint manages to deflect it with his club.

Ooc:Jorwylf, I only noticed it now, but you seem to be adding only your str bonus to attacks with a weapon held with both hands. However, you get 1.5 times the STR bonus when attacking with boths hands.

Well, first attack hited and crit confirmed for double damage. Second missed.

Kankhimelk's turn

jagadaishio
2008-05-12, 05:56 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk hops back from the wolf into the place where the now-fallen hunter was standing in moments ago. He charges his blade again with the red static and drops into a stance such that he'll be prepared to attack anything that gets close.

Five foot step to H11, assuming it's not too cluttered by dead giant legs. Charge mind blade, ready an action to attack any enemy who movies into melee range with him, especially that big wolf.

Oslecamo
2008-05-12, 07:51 PM
As Kankhimelk carefully positions himself, Ghilherme screams at Saul:

Oh book boy! We will face the drows TOMORROW! So if you have any spells better than snowbals or throwing butter, we would really apreciate you using them NOW!

Ooc: Saul's turn

Winged One
2008-05-12, 11:07 PM
"Sorry!" Saul grovels, scrambling to get into position where the giant was before dying from the universally fatal cause of annoying Raging Lion Fist. Once he can see Shars, he draws the same clockwise circle to the same magically rapid chant as on the airship, and draws line segments in a similar manner(not the same since the their relative positions are different) toward each of the party except for Ghilherme, since the tree is in the way and that the elf isn't doing anything anyway(that's what he'll say if anyone asks, anyway).

Moving to the now unoccupied space H11 for line of effect and casting Haste on the PCs.

Oslecamo
2008-05-14, 03:19 PM
Seeing their leader fall, the hill giants try to press forward in a mad assault trying to reach Fist! However Jorwylf bravely stands in their way forcing one of them to attack him instead while the other manages to slip trough him whitout exposing himself and swings his club over Kankhimelk's head to try to reach the warforged!

KILLLLLL!

At the same time the dire wolf decides to also attack Jorwylf as he smells the scent of blood from him.

Fist finds himself unable to block the blows from the enraged giant, while Jorwylf manages to hold his ground against the dual attack.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red100-5.gif

Ooc:

Jorwylf takes 26 damage and avoids being triped.

Fist takes 33 damage(dr already counted).

Yes I'm taking in acount bonus to AC from haste.

The giant on the left took 4 acid damage, the giant on the right took 8 acid damage, the dire wolf took 4 acid damage.

jagadaishio
2008-05-15, 05:48 AM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk slashes at the giant as it closes into melee range with him, swinging over his head.

This is my readied action, which means I still get to act on my normal initiative too.

[roll0]
[roll1] (first must have been 31+)
[roll2]
[roll3]

Glawackus
2008-05-15, 08:05 AM
Jorwylf

Jorwylf lashes out at the giant closest to him with his sword, and then opens his mouth. Muscles move strangely in his neck, and a gout of acid flies at the giant.

Sword attack:
Attack roll: [roll0]
Crit Confirm (Above must be 32-35): [roll1]
Extra Crit Damage (As needed): [roll3]

I assume that my math for STR mod*1.5 is correct (+5 STR modifier, divided by 2 to get half that is 2.5--everything I've ever seen in D&D has been "round down", so +7?)

Breath Weapon:
Damage: [roll4]
Reflex save for half damage, DC 18
Can use weapon again in [roll5] rounds.

Swift action to activate vigor aura. Everyone at or below 75 HP gets fast healing 2.

Oslecamo
2008-05-15, 11:40 AM
Glawackus please read this:

Ooc:breath weapons are a standard action to activate. Please choose to either full attack or breath and re roll your actions. Also, you've been buffed by haste in case you didn't notice, wich would allow you to make an extra attack at maximum bonus.

Breath weapon being a standard action to activate:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20060822a

EDIT:I can however sugest you the following feat:

Quicken Breath (from Draconomicon): Using your breath weapon is a free action. When you use this feat, add +4 to the number of rounds you must wait before using your breath weapon again.

I noticed it only now, but you still have one feat to pick, since you didn't take anything to replace weapon specialization, wich you can only take with at least 4 fighter levels. So if you want the feat, you can take it now, use the breath as a free action and roll the remaining two attacks from a full attack.

Glawackus
2008-05-15, 02:07 PM
OOC

Oh, so it's a standard action to activate and another one to use it. Okay. I'll go with the feat and update the CS accordingly.

So, another attack, then?

Sword Attack 2
Crit Confirm (above must be 32-35): [roll1]
Crit Damage (As Needed): [roll3]

Oslecamo
2008-05-15, 02:53 PM
Ooc:Ah, right, Kankhimelk's readied attack from last turn hited.

It's Fist's turn right now.

Random NPC
2008-05-15, 06:30 PM
Fist

The Warforged jumps back in order to evade some of the Giant's attack. He then proceeds to take out a flask with some repairing oils and applies it on his body. After this, he roars and begins to rage.

5 step to J10

Took a move action to get the oil and a standard action to apply it. Raged after that

Oil of Repair Moderate Damage - (2d8+3)[11] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4327622&postcount=32)

Oslecamo
2008-05-18, 09:18 AM
As Fist repairs himself, Jorwylf surpsises the giant breathing acid forward, following it with a flurry of slashes.

Guilherme keeps shouting encourangement:

The leader's down, take out another of them out and they'll probably run away!

Ooc:breath weapon hit for full damage, first sword bash hited, total 31 damage for the giant at F10.

Kankhimelk's turn

jagadaishio
2008-05-18, 01:54 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk slashes again at the giant closest to him with his now discharged blade, then hops back a step.

Full attack, then five foot step to I10.

[roll0]
[roll1] (First must have been 31+)
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] (First must have been 26+)
[roll5]

Oslecamo
2008-05-18, 03:37 PM
Kankhimelk's first blow fails to overcome the giant's armor, but the second blow comes with a new strenght and manages to pierce the giant's flesh.

Ooc:

Second attack hited.

Saul's turn

Winged One
2008-05-18, 04:13 PM
If Kankhimelk's third attack doesn't kill the giant, Saul steps towards him(the giant), moves his hand in an arc down and away from the giant, then says "Major muscle freeze" in Draconic and quickly thrusts his hand at the hill giant. However, his attempt to combine his spell with his personal fighting style completely disrupts both the jab and the spell.

The forum roller is evil. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4339099&postcount=33) That is all. Make up whatever evil natural 1 description you like.

EDIT: well, not quite all. Saul 5' stepped into G11 and tried to cast Shivering Touch defensively. He failed the concentration check by 1, and rolled a natural 1 on the melee touch attack besides. Unfettered Heroism is looking more attractive all the time...

Oslecamo
2008-05-19, 05:46 AM
Ooc:Kankhimelk is under haste, wich would allow you for another extra attack at full BAB.

I'll let you make an extra attack because it's the first time you miss it. But next time you forget an attack, you'll simply lose it.

The giant is almost dead. That extra attack may be the diference between a clean victory or one party member ending up on a gruesome pile of minced meat.

jagadaishio
2008-05-19, 10:06 PM
Sorry. In all fairness, though, it has been nearly a week in real life since Saul cast haste.

[roll0]
[roll1] (First roll must have been 31+)
[roll2]

jagadaishio
2008-05-19, 10:08 PM
Bugger, and add +1 to both the attack and confirmation rolls for the haste. I forgot that was an effect of it.

Oslecamo
2008-05-20, 05:27 AM
Already bleeding from several places, the giant hardly notices when the psi blade goes with supernatural speed at his neck. Only when the blood comes out pouring in great amount the giant seems to notice the last strike, and falls trying to stop his life from escaping.

Ooc:And the giant is down(but still breathing).

Now it's really Saul's turn. Since his last actions were based on the giant still standing, his last post and rolls get nullified and he must choose and roll new actions.

Winged One
2008-05-20, 03:58 PM
Since the giant in his way is down, and it seems that they will flee, Saul decides to conserve his magic in case of another ambush. Instead of casting a spell, he advances to where the tree won't block his view and fires three arrows at the large wolf.

5' step to G11, then full attack the wolf with his composite longbow. If he ends up killing the wolf, the rest of the attacks go to the remaining hill giant. -4 penalty for target being engaged in melee and +1 bonus for Haste applied.
[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]
[roll4][roll5]

Oslecamo
2008-05-20, 05:52 PM
Two of the arrows get stuck in the dire wolf's back, but it doesn't seem to mind too much the wounds.

The giant, on the other hand, seeing his teammates killed, and the party not only still standing but actually fighting better than before, the giant pushes back his dire wolf with one hand, holds up his club in a defensive position with the other and says:

You're too strong! Please don't hurt me! If you let me live, I'll tell my brothers to let you pass our hunting grounds whitout more harm. If you kill me, my bigger brothers will come, and they'll smash you all. Yes they will, they're much more stronger than me! And the chieftain is even stronger! I swear it!

Just as if backing up his words, you start to hear something stopming and grumbing coming from the east. It's still distant, but it will surely be on the battlefield in a minute or so.

Ooc: The giant is trying to surrender and offer you a safe pass in trade of his life. More giants seem to be in the way from the sound, some rounds from distance, but it's still not clear how many or how far.

Your choice now.

The giant seems to have a readied action, and the dire wolf too.

Feel free to ignore iniative in order to engage in diplomatic talks.

Random NPC
2008-05-21, 04:11 AM
Fist

The warforged was ready to unleash his fury on the giant when he heard the giant ask for mercy. He stops his anger in an instant and stands more relaxed.

"Alright!" He says as he leans on the tree right behind him. "I won't hurt you." Fist ignores the giant and begins to check for the damage.

Oslecamo
2008-05-21, 05:40 AM
Ooc:Jorwylf activated is fast healing aura in his last turn.

jagadaishio
2008-05-21, 09:11 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk lets his mind blade slowly evaporate and moves closer to the source of the healing aura. "You are sure that you can guarantee us safe passage if we let you live?"

Oslecamo
2008-05-22, 04:16 AM
We have our own honor-says the giant-Those who are stronger deserve respect. You are very strong, you deserve to pass by our territory. But if you kill me, then my brothers won't know you are strong, and they'll attack you.

Glawackus
2008-05-22, 07:44 AM
Jorwylf laughs. "Stronger than a giant? This is agreeable to me!"

Winged One
2008-05-22, 01:57 PM
Unless he knows something that supports the giant's statement, Saul looks suspiciously at him, but even if he does get the impression that he's lying he assumes that the others also know and are executing some sort of cunning plan. However, if he knows something that contradicts the surrendering giant's statement, he will speak up. If he gets the impression that the giant is on the level, either from his limited insight or his more reliable knowledge, he starts rifling through the pockets of the dead and unconscious giants.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4355870&postcount=36
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4355938&postcount=37
Take 10 on Search for 18.

Oslecamo
2008-05-22, 04:56 PM
Saul remembers hearing from a druid that had lived some years on Xendrik that strenght is the only language to wich an Hill giant will surely listen. Their leaders are the ones who prove to be stronger, and they normally solve their affairs by naked fist combats. Altough naturally evil and cruel, a Hill giant values his life as any other being, and if put against a stronger enemy and with his life at risk, most hill giants will rather try to escape or talk their way out, with promises of some kind of service in return for his safety. Those promises are normally true, since Hill giants aren't really smart enough to make credible lies.

While Saul remembers those things, his hands easily find the giant's bags.

The one of the uncoscious giant contains four small pure gold dragon statues, each one of them with a large jewel in the place of the eyes. One with rubies, other with emeralds, another with saphires and the last with diamonds.

The deceased Hunter's bag, on the other hand, contains a pile of golden coins. When touching what was left of hits skin clothes, however, they transform and become a beatifull looking black cloack with a silver trim, just the right size for Saul.

The giant notices the looting and sighs:

Well, guess my brothers won't need those anymore. Ya're the winners, you deserve the spoils...

Guilherme on his hands whispers:
Ok, this is all very pretty, you being able to make a giant surrender, but its friends seem to be coming, and I really don't feel like there's a real need to meet them, and that we should get moving now.

Ooc:Everything points out to the Giant's surrender being sincere.

Loot:

1000 GP, 4 golden dragon statues with jewels, magic unditified cloack.

The sounds are geting closer. Decide if you want to stay or keep going.

Glawackus
2008-05-22, 05:00 PM
"Agreed! Let us move on to further tests of our strength," Jorwylf says.

jagadaishio
2008-05-22, 05:58 PM
Kankhimelk

"Yes, I'm ready to get going," says Kankhimelk. If he spots Saul with the golden dragon statues, he continues with, "Oh, dibs on the one with the rubies."

Winged One
2008-05-24, 03:30 PM
"Okay." Saul says, packing up the loot. He falls into the same position as before the fight. Maybe he thinks that the giant wouldn't be able to give us safe passage? I know he'll try his best; hill giants usually keep this kind of promise.

Oslecamo
2008-05-24, 04:34 PM
As Ghuilherme leads you away from the battlesite, you sudenly hear the crude voice of Hill giants discussing something, followed by what seems hard things hiting each other, and more loud grumbing, but this time moving away from you.

Well seems like we managed to get past the giants. I must confess, now I'm feeling a lot more confident about you guys..Ah, here we are.

It just seems to be another normal part of the forest, but Guilherem guides you towards a specially big tree. Under it, hidden by smaller vegetation, is a hole. Ghilherme lights a torch and throws it inside, and you can see it fall several meters untill it hits what seems like a worked stone floor.

Follow me-says Guiherme, jumping trough the hole.

When you manage to get down, your eyes start to get used to the darkness, and you can now see this is a large underground tunnel, clearly giant made. The hole from wich you came true was made by the roots of the tree, and actually most of the tunel seems cracked and full of dust and cracks like it has been adbandoned for very long. The walls are filled with stranges runes and decorations depicting giants and strange creatures, but several broken parts make it impossible to extract any true meaning.

This, like you probably already guessed-says Ghilhereme, starting to guide you trough the dark tunnel-Is another legacy of the giants of old. They seemed to like to build a lot of stuff underground. Nobody really knows why, but my guess is that it was to give them some privacy from the dragons. Or it's just that most of the stuff that was build overground was simply destroyed by the jungle... Now don't worry, this tunnel's pretty stable, and I personally checked out for traps long ago in the way we now go.

Saying this, the elf sudenly turns and enters a branch tunel

Now, try to keep close, there are several ramifications and rooms I still haven't explored. It's quite possible that there may be some nice treasures down here, but that's for another day. We're being paid to retrieve the orb and come back as quickly as possible. Also the guardians here are nasty...

As he finishes the sentence you pass by what seems the remains of a rock golem, crumbled on the floor.

This one took out two of my former adventurer companions before going down, peace to their souls. The clerics at Stormreach couldn't find a way to raise them. I've come here several times to try to get things I could sell for a good price, but there's one valuable item I found out that I couldn't really carry out.

He then makes you enter a larger room, where there are several blocked archways on the walls, each one decorated with diferent runes.

As you all know, Xendrik's pretty big, yet the giants managed to one time build an empire all over it. How was it possible? Well, I think this is an answer. This, my friends, is a transporter room. Each archway, when activated, can instantly teleport people and goods to other rooms like this all over Xendrink. I spent several decades trying those archways out, and they are the main reason of my career of sucess. You see, the drow temple we're going to enter tomorrow is actually two weeks hard travel from Stormreach, but thanks to this room we'll get right next to it by tomorrow whitout much effort. Actually, we're going to teleport just under the temple. I don't know if the drow know about this travel system, but I know that when they install themselves in a place they usually spread guards everywhere, so it's quite possible tomorrow we'll have to face resistance the moment we come out. So sharpen your weapons, prepare your magics and rest well. Tomorrow the real action starts.
Oh, one more thing...

Saying this Guilherme takes out a wand from his back and touches each one of you once. First you don't feel nothing, but gradually a warm sensation falls overyour bodies, your pains seems to disaper and your wounds start to close.

I want you all fresh for tomorrow. No sense dying because of some scratches from yesterday.

Ooc:
One night's rest for everybody, so recharge spells and abilities.
Time to make last minute preparations and buffs. When everybody's ready you enter the temple.

Ah, yes, everybody has been healed to full HP.

Oslecamo
2008-05-27, 05:38 AM
Ooc:Everybody's ready? Can I advance with the action?

jagadaishio
2008-05-27, 02:00 PM
OOC:
I can't speak for everyone, but I say 'sure.'

Winged One
2008-05-27, 03:23 PM
Saul's eyes go wide when he sees the archways. He mumbles "Thank you." when Guiherme heals him. Once he's done doing his best to identify the cloak, has used a Detect Magic spell on the statues(and done his best to identify them if they are magical), and has explained what the cloak does and how to make it do what it does if he was able to identify it without a spell, he starts examining the archway. He almost certainly consults one if not both of the following at some point: a standard-issue glyphbook, and a small book bound in hammered silver engraved with Eberron's continents. While he examines the archway, he's actually smiling for once. Eventually, when either he's decided that he can't learn anything more from the device or someone tells him to go to sleep, he breaks out his magical rations and mug, consumes some gruel and water from them to keep his strength up, takes out his bedroll, and goes to sleep. After he's had enough sleep to regain his magic, he gets up and studies from one of the most incomprehensible spellbooks ever seen on Eberron(the cypher involving the significance of minute shades of different colors and the exact measurements of the of the geometric shapes on each page). If there's time after he's regained his spells, he copies the runes on each archway unless Guiherme tells him not to.

Take 10 on Knowledge: arcana to identify the cloak with the Tome of Worldly Memory for 31. If the statues are magical, you roll for the identification attempt.
I have no idea what or how many checks are needed for Saul to find out everything he can about the archway. Here are the skills that might be relevant:
Knowledge(arcana) +18, +21 if he uses the Tome of Worldly Memory
Knowledge(nature) +8, +13 if he uses the Tome of Worldly Memory
Knowledge(any other) +6, +11 if he uses the Tome of Worldly Memory
Spellcraft +22
Decipher Script +13, +17 with glyphbook, WIS check to not draw a false conclusion -1
The 2 remaining Tome of Worldly Memory charges after identifying the cloak will be used where most appropriate. If the statues aren't magical, he'll use the Detect Magic spell to try to see what school the archways' magic auras are before it expires.

Sorry for not doing this over the weekend.

Oslecamo
2008-05-27, 06:28 PM
The cloak reveals itself to be a minor charisma cloack, wich slighlty raises the self confidence and beauty of the wearer. The cloack itself changes shape and color to fit well with the user.

The statues, on the other hand, don't reveal any hint of magic, but they're whitout any doubt of great craftmanship and should sell very well in the open market.

But when Saul finnally aproaches the archways they reveal to be much more complex than any other artifact he has ever seen in the five continents. First of all they're big. At least three times the size of the hill giants they fought. Altough Saul has never directly met one, he's sure that a dragon would fit trough them.

When the wizard's hand aproaches the runesthe smaller ones glow faintly, and some of them change shape. Saul can almost feel the arcane energy flowing in the stone, awakening with his aproach. Sometimes one of the runes glows in a diferent color, like green or red, and then several other runes change shape over them. It all releases a strong combined aura of transmutation and conjuration. The runes clearly divide themselves in two types: bigger ones, with several tinier runes inside them, wich seem to fuel the whole magic mechanism, and smaller glowing runes, wich seem to be some kind of manual.

Ghilherme notices this and coments:
"Trying to find out something? Well good luck. I still make no idea how those archways really work, despite having studying them for twenty years, but I have a knack for activating magic stuff whitout actually knowing how it works, if you understand me, like that wand I just used in you."

As Saul continues to alalyze the changing runes, they start to reveal themselves as a code, wich strongly resembles the draconic languages but with several hints of giant and elvish in the middle. It would surely be easier if they didn't kept changing. However the changes seem to don't be random. Soon Saul starts to be able to preview what will apear when he passes his hands. It seems to be some form of complex activation method. After one hour of carefull analysys, Saul reaches the conclusion that each archway can actually lead to several destinies, chosen by the runes. It even seems one could create new connections to this room, altough that would demand much more time of study, wich he now doesn't have. Also the destinations themselves are all names unknow by Saul, probably the names wich the giants gave to the diferent zones of Xendrik, and were lost in the mists of time. Maybe finding some elder giant or dragon could help shed light on the whole matter.

Thankfully to Saul, in the next day Ghilherme takes a two hour long breakast, with several personal rituals by the middle, four brands of tea he was carrying and at least a dozen prayers in silence. All of this gives time to the wizard to copy sketches of the hundreds of runes and several combinations of glowing glyphs in the walls for later analysis.

Ooc:Statues nonmagical, cloack of charisma +2, archways are artifact level of power and complexity, but they can't really be carried away.

Oslecamo
2008-05-28, 03:03 PM
In the next day, after you're rested and saciated, Ghilherme aproaches one of the archways. He makes her hands pass trough the runes, and some of them glow and seem to change. After some minutes of trying and Ghilherme murmuring diferent words, the archway starts glowing and the middle, wich was made of pure stone, becomes a flashing surface, filling the room with light. Ghilherme then breathes deeply and runs trough the arcway, disapearing from site. You follow her, and you sudenly feel some colossal force pulling your body, and you feel like you're dragged trough water at great speed, unable to breath, unable to see anything clearly but several focus of light, untill it all ends, and you come out in a equal room to wich you left. But it's not the same one, since it has no signs of your previous encampment. But this time, instead of complete silence, you can hear chants very far away.

It's the drows-says Ghilherme, looking a little drowsy from the jump- They seem to be starting their ceremonies. We must advance with caution. I'll lead the way, but you keep ready for fighting.-says the elf, advancing carefully with the torch lighting the dark tunel ahead.

Ooc:Everybody make spot and listen checks. Whoever wants to hide or move silently use the respective skills.
[/I

Glawackus
2008-05-28, 03:50 PM
Jorwylf slaps himself across the face once, hard, and blinks several times. "Now, let us see about these drow!" he says, punching Saul in the arm hard, and marching off after Guilherme.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Winged One
2008-05-29, 02:50 PM
Saul just stands there for a few seconds after going through the gate. When Jorwylf punches him, he recoils and moves his arms into a high guard to stop Jorwylf form accidentally inflicting brain damage during the beating. He blinks a few times in confusion when the dragon worshiper just walks off. The wizard assumes that he was just working off stress and follows, taking from his backpack an Everbright Lantern.

Saul fails social interaction forever.
[roll0]
[roll1]

jagadaishio
2008-05-31, 10:34 AM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk feels a bit disoriented after passing through the gate, and reaches out to lean against the stone that the archway is set into. He doesn't speak a word, in order to limit the risk of being overheard, just nodding when Ghillherme mentions the drow. He holds his hands at the ready to manifest his charged blade at a moments notice as he follows.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Oslecamo
2008-06-03, 05:22 PM
Ooc: just to say I'm really busy with real life right now and thus can't properly advance the campaign. Hopefully I'll be able to get things going next weekend.

Oslecamo
2008-06-08, 05:27 AM
Ghuilhereme leads you trough the dark tunels for what seems an eternity whitout anything special hapening, untill sudenly the light of his torch iluminates something in front of you.

Hmm, what's this?-asks Ghulherme to no one in particular, while reaching his bacpack and taking out a sunrod, wich he lights up, lighting the tunnel in front of you.

As the tunnel fills the light, a strange vision apears before you. A row of skeletons with high quality looking armor, swords and shields stands before you, perfectly alined with each other and blocking the path. They don't move an inch, but their eyes glow with eerie blue lights. Their bones are perfectly polished and they don't show any signs of rotness or decay, like someone would clean them regurlarly.

Ok, guys-says Ghuilherme, backing off slowly-I'm not sure what those things are, but I must ask you to take care of them.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/red100-6.gif

Ooc:
So, what do you do?

Oh, yes, totally forgot to give out exp for the last battle

Those who are at lv8: 1400 exp

Those who are at lv7: 1707 exp

Glawackus
2008-06-08, 04:41 PM
"Ha! You fear the dead, darkling?" Jorwylf laughs. He reaches down to his side for his crossbow. "The flame of the dragons will take care of these."

Initiative: [roll0]

jagadaishio
2008-06-13, 07:33 PM
Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk narrows his eyes and manifests his mind blades, but holds his grounds, waiting on his allies or the skeletons to attack. He fears that if they're mindless, some of his abilities may have no effect on them.

[roll0]

Winged One
2008-06-14, 04:21 PM
[roll0] Saving off on the description until I know how much Saul knows about these things.

Oslecamo
2008-06-14, 07:21 PM
Ooc:In that case you should roll some knowledge checks and see what you come up with.

Winged One
2008-06-14, 08:00 PM
I did (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4437219&postcount=215). I got a 23 if it's Religion or anything but Nature or Arcana.

Oslecamo
2008-06-15, 05:43 AM
The undeads standing before you seem to be more than simple skeletons. Their swords and shields are carefully positioned, each skeleton protecting the ones near him. As all undeads, they should be immune to most things but pure damage or holy magic. Even then their bodies are really hard and should probably recquire bludgeoding weapons to properly hurt them, and cold attacks won't do much, do to their lack of soft parts.

One way or antother, skeletons are mindless and only follow orders, so if they still didn't attack the party, it's possible that there may be some way to pass by them whitout fighting. More than one necromancer guarded his site with undeads ordered to attack anyone who tried to pass by them whitout performing some specific task.

Still, something feels a little wrong with the skeleton group. Saul can't properly identify it with just his eyes, but one of the undeads before him seems to be more than the sight tells.

Winged One
2008-06-15, 08:12 PM
"Um, when this kind of undead doesn't attack you as soon as it sees you, there's usually a way to get past it without destroying it. And there's something strange about these ones..." Saul points out. If nobody attacks the skelletons, he casts the same spell as he used to identify the auras around the gate room.

Casting Detect Magic to see what's up with these skeletons. [roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-06-16, 03:46 AM
Before Saul manages to cast the spell, the celing in the back of the party colapses. Nobody is hurt, but you can see something moving in the middle of the dust, just as if there was someone invisible there.

Ooc: Unfortenately, most of the blue team members disapeared, with only Duke of Url still showing actvity. Thus, he'll be joining the red team. He has improved invisibility at will(pixie), so hold your fire for now.

Duke of URL
2008-06-16, 09:05 AM
Shredder

Son of a b... What in the hells just happened??? She tries to shake free from the dust and re-orient herself after the trap. I'm sure I searched that area thoroughly! What kind of place is this?

Seeing a group nearby that clearly are not dark elves or undead, she decides to be bold. Winking back to visibility, she says, "umm... I hope you don't mind the interruption, but do you think any of my team in that mess," pointing to the rubble, "might have survived that fall?"

What you see is a very dusty and annoyed looking pixie flying about 5 feet off the ground and somehow still holding on to a pair of curved swords.

jagadaishio
2008-06-17, 08:55 PM
Kankhimelk

"Well, I don't see anything moving," says Kankhimelk, pointing to the pile of rubble. "So I would venture to guess that no, they did not survive."

Oslecamo
2008-06-18, 12:09 PM
Seeing the suprise arrival, Ghilherme draws his rapier, and points it at Shredder, altough shaking a little.

Team? Who are you? What are you doing here? Why should we trust you?

Note, Ghuilherme is Red team's guide. Think of a male version of Anabela, aspect, clothes and all. Who knows, with that resemblance, they may have been related somehow...

Duke of URL
2008-06-18, 01:15 PM
Shredder

"Oh, put that thing away before you hurt yourself." The pixie still sounds very distracted and annoyed. She looks over the people assembled before her, her eyes lingering on Ghilherme for a second.

"Hmmm, you look quite familiar, in a way at least. Do you know Anabela? She is -- that is to say, was -- our guide. I certainly hope she wasn't family or anything, because, well..." she gestures to the pile of rubble. "It's pretty obvious, isn't it? The folks calling themselves 'The Organization' wined you and dined you, and sent you off on a mission, right? Of course, they didn't tell you, or us, they'd be sending in a second team in case the first one made a mess of things."

"Now, I know that being caught in a trap isn't exactly the best form of advertisement, but I am a pretty good scout in my own right, and quite handy with these," she says, brandishing her scimitars slightly, "unlike what I assume, and hope, is your guide over there," she adds, pointing at Ghilherme.

Winged One
2008-06-18, 03:21 PM
Assuming that the others will find no value in his opinion on the matter(though any facts he knows will be mentioned if they become relevant), Saul goes back to trying to figure out what's so strange about the skeletons.
[roll0] Collector of Stories has already been used this encounter.

[ooc]Resuming the Detect Magic/Spellcraft thing. Roll has already been made.

Oslecamo
2008-06-18, 05:23 PM
Ghilherme puts his rapier back in the sheet, and looks for a moment at the pile of rubble. He says something to himself, his eyes looking at nowhere for a moment, then extends a hand to Shredder:

Well, I heard rumors the organization may send another party here, but I never imagined Anabela would lead it...She's a strong girl, I believe she has managed to get away in the last moment, and is now fine. But no time to look for her. She can take care of herself, and we have an artifact to retrieve. Shredder, since you probably were already partially paid, I imagine you won't mind joining our group right?

Meanwhile , Saul remembers once having talked to a druid who explained him pixies were playfull sprites who had some minor magical powers, the strongest
of all being the capacity of turning completely invisible even while playing pranks or fighting. They may lack physical strenght, but they're very quick, smart and like all feys have much tougher skin than it looks.

As the wizard resumes casting the spell, he feels like there's indeed a group of magical auras among the skeletons, but before he can extract more precise information, the skeletons seem to awaken and all look at Saul at the same time. They speak in perfect syncrony, their jaws quickly moving up and down at the same time in a macabre spectacle:

Identify yourself and state your purpose unknown one. Silence will be punished with force.

Duke of URL
2008-06-24, 08:51 AM
Shredder

"Of course. I mean, it's not like I have a way back on my own... what is that?" She starts at the sound of the skeletons' voices.

Glawackus
2008-06-24, 07:59 PM
Jorwylf claps and laughs heartily at the pixie's entrance. "Not even in the lands of the Seren have I seen such a strange band."

He remains silent, occasionally snickering to himself, and then laughs again at the pixie's surprise. "The dead-who-walk! What else?"