PDA

View Full Version : Limitless Skies: A Planar Adventure

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-05, 10:22 PM
=·==·==·==·=·==·==·==·==·==·==·==·==·==·==·==·==·=

"It is obviously our destiny to go forth and conquerer all the Planes of the Grand Cosmos. What else are we supposed to do with our free time? Twiddle our thumbs? We shall conquerer the planes!"
Meruagul, "King of the Planes," on Planar Manifest Destiny
249 C.T.

"'We'? What do you mean by 'we'? Please, just shut your mouth. 'We' all know that you'll fulfill your destiny by the time you're dead."
The Shadow, Assassin, in response to Meruagul
249 C.T., two seconds later

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Bitzeralisis/Limitless%20Skies/Banner2_02.png

"It was on that day, the day that Meruagul was to reveal his great plan, that he was killed."

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-05, 10:32 PM
"We will fulfill the founder of this great Organization. We will not let him down. My father was a brave man, even if arrogant! And I must fulfill his dream, with all of you at my side! Together, we can conquerer anything!" shouts Hectuval, the crowd erupting into cheers. "Together... we can prosper."

Chapter One
Dreams Come Second

"... And, once again, I congratulate you on your being invited into the Corps." The Lieutenant speaks tiredly, finally completing the mandatory welcome speech required before the first mission that a team undertakes. "Now that that business is set aside, let me introduce me to you. I am Lieutenant Hiltinson." He points to himself. "From now on, your team serves under my command. I will provide you with all of your missions and supplies, and you may come to me if you find anything to be dissatisfactory. Anyways, you might be wondering what your first mission will be. I will get to that, as soon as I hand out the mandatory Planar Corps of Discovery equipment." He starts putting things in front of the team.

Mentioning the team, they are lined up from left to right in a small room. This building is actually in the Planar Corps of Discovery Organization's main headquarters (and about the only headquarters they have so far), whereas the main building is composed of stone and brick, all the other buildings are made of wood. You are in one of those other buildings, a wooden one, hence the wooden walls and the wooden roof and the wooden floor and the wooden supports. Then again, you can't see any supports in this room; after all, it is small. This room seems quite new, but also shows signs of age. It turns out that the room is old, just underused; it's actually one of the axillary buildings, but the newly-formed team doesn't know that.

Back to the Lieutenant. He names the items incorrectly as he points to them on the ground: "Floating rug, endless bag, communication rings, spoon of endless food, canteen of endless water. This is a small mission, so you won't be needing many supplies." Finally, he walks up to Regis and hands him a piece of parchment. "Select a leader for your team. Report to me when you're ready." He exits the room in a very soldierly fashion, not giving anyone a moment to ask him a question.

Greyen
2008-04-07, 01:15 AM
Regis

The large man takes the scroll, raising an eyebrow at the soldier as he leaves. He turns to the group moving with the care of a fat man. He is above average height and a little more than above average weight. Sun bleached long brown hair pulled back and a scraggly beard, wind burnt face and deeply tanned, he is a man who has seen many hours on the road. He hitches up his belt as he looks over the rest of the group for a moment. The belt has a very clear holy symbol for a buckle, the symbol of Fharlanghn. His light brown leathers and dusty, muddy boots are well worn but of good quality. He leans his iron shod staff against the crook of his shoulder as he reaches forward to each of you to shake your hands Regis of the Longroad. Itinerant healer and wanderer. Nice to meet you all. Someone else can do the 'leader' job, I'm not cut from that cloth. He speaks with a slow drawl and is smiling, obviously pleased to be here.

When introductions are done he unfurls the scroll and looks it over. Reading it aloud to the group (unless its a spell).

Lochar
2008-04-07, 07:53 AM
Teras

Somewhat tall for an elf, Teras looks at Regis. Not I, either. Most would consider me too off the cuff to lead." Flat gray hair tosses slightly as Teras shakes his head, storm gray eyes look at the scroll in Regis' hands.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-08, 11:14 PM
Regis:

The scroll reads, in rough handwriting:

Mission D1825a
D-Rank Mission
Issued 7/7/253 0827 to Team 0B-00D [00100]

You are to send supplies to Centiris and pick up a package there we're waiting for, at the Centiris P.C.D. Organizational Center. Ask for package D2F. This being your first mission, I will have a experienced courier sent over to your briefing room to assist you on your mission. Std SR recon.

Greyen
2008-04-08, 11:43 PM
Regis

Regis reads off Okay this here says 'Mission D1825a' which is a 'D-Rank Mission'. It was issued on 'Issued 7/7/253 0827' today I guess. To 'Team 0B-00D [00100]' I guess thats us. He looks at the others for recognition or understanding, shrugs and the continues in his slow drawl. It say we are to 'send supplies to Centiris and pick up a package there we're waiting for, at the Centiris P.C.D. Organizational Center. Ask for package D2F. This being your first mission, I will have a experienced courier sent over to your briefing room to assist you on your mission. Std SR recon.' Okay then. Regis again looks at the others. He re rolls the scroll and offers it to anyone who may want to read it them selves.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-09, 12:11 AM
Right as Regis finishes reading the instructions, the door busts open and a well-dressed, good-looking, apparently-bard guy comes strolling in dramatically with an all-knowing smile on his face.

The next thing you know, he trips and falls. Faster than the eye can see, he scrambles up embarrassedly and brushes himself off. Unhesitatingly, he strikes a pose, drawing his rapier and shouting out loud: "The great and almighty Cen has arrived!" :elan:

Oh boy. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

lordsigmund
2008-04-09, 01:17 AM
Renharaaz

With his cowl, currently pulled back, Renharaaz's red eyes glint in the light in the room. He holds his hand out for the scrollwhen Regis offers it and studies it carefully, as if looking for some hidden meaning, before rolling it back up. He starts to say "I would be happy to lead, but..." before the bard bursts in, at which he turns to see what the commotion is, his black pony tail whipping over his shoulder, and a look of irritation on his face.

Lochar
2008-04-09, 07:40 AM
Teras

As the man flourishes his rapier, Teras smiles. "Cen! How are you, great to see you. Who the hell are you?" He looks the man over. "Did you realize in tripping and drawing your rapier, you split the backside of your pants?"

Bluff:[roll0]

Greyen
2008-04-09, 08:54 AM
Regis

After handing the scroll off Regis straightens out and holds his staff in his left hand. He chuckles to himself upon Cen's entry. Looking down on the flambouyant pouf he says laconically You might also want to put that poky thing away before you hurt yourself with it. No one in here is challenging your manhood.

lordsigmund
2008-04-09, 11:27 AM
Renharaaz

"Did you have anything important to say or do that warranted interrupting me, or were you sent here to entertain us? To lighten our mood before we leave?" Renharaaz says, rolling his eyes.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-09, 04:39 PM
Cen doesn't seem to notice Teras' comment. He puts away his rapier, and says slowly and calmly but with a dreadful sense of stillness, seriousness, and almost divinity: "I am a lot more professional than I look. Trust me."

Suddenly, his mood flares back to normal. "So, ya see that scroll there, Regis?" He snatches it from the Cleric, and looks over it. "This is a D-Rank mission. That means that it is very— wait, D-Rank? Why the hell would the Boss need to send me over to assist on a D-rank mission?" Cen spends two rounds scratching his head.

Lochar
2008-04-09, 04:48 PM
Yes, Cen is our Jounin-sensei.

Teras

Teras doesn't show any despondency to his joking going unheard. "You probably did something that aggravated a superior. I do that often enough to recognize it. So, out of curiosity, do you know how you did it and who you did it to?"

Greyen
2008-04-10, 08:05 AM
Regis

Regis shakes his head at the snatching for the scroll. He says flatly You must be our 'guide'?

Beren One-Hand
2008-04-10, 10:10 PM
Rodin

After getting a message from the almighty Bitzeralisis it looks like the party's been enlarged :smallbiggrin:

Standing last in line, an imposing muscle-bound figure adorned in gleaming full-plate and a distinctive red-plumed helmet silently watched the Sergeant's speech and the subsequent revelation of his new mission. As soon as the door flings open, he quickly and silently slides through the solid wood floor.

After a few moments he just as silently floats back into the room, ignoring any stares his disappearing act may have caused. Staring intently at the stranger he tries to understand his strange demeanor.

[b]To see what I know about this guy - Knowledge (local): [roll0]
And once more from my Psicrystal - Knowledge (local): [roll1]
(If Knowledge: The Planes would be more appropriate the modifer is +15/+6 respecively)
To get a hunch on this weird guy - Sense Motive: [roll2]
From Psicrystal - Sense Motive: [roll3]

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-11, 12:58 AM
"Well, the Boss has been in a bad mood lately," explains Cen to Teras, thoughtfully. "This morning, he got angry just 'cuz someone put too much sugar in his coffee. And that someone just happened to be me. That's strange, though, 'cuz the Boss doesn't ever get mad at me... hmm." He looks down, thinks, and looks back up. "Anyhow, once thou- erm, you select a leader, we can set off for the Portal." He waits there, grinning not-so-stupidly and patiently waiting.

Rodin

You've heard this guy's name spoken in good light before. You can tell that he's a good person with good intentions, despite his current demeanor.

lordsigmund
2008-04-11, 01:13 AM
Renharaaz

"Well as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted." He looks at Cen with a frown on his face. "I would be happy to take the role of leader, if noone else feels they are more qualified."

Just so you guys know, because of my hat/cowl, any allies within 100 ft of me who are within range of hearing my voice (everyone since I'm telepathic) get +2 morale bonus to attacks, saves and skill checks.

Greyen
2008-04-11, 01:21 AM
Regis

Regs shrugs Works for me. He looks down on the table at the assembled items. Anyone need this gear? I'll carry it if no one else wats to. He hands one of each of the rings to the others and takes one for himself. After that he'll pack up the rest of it into the 'endless bag'.

Beren One-Hand
2008-04-11, 02:03 AM
Turning to Renharaaz, Rodin nods and replies, "If you feel you're best qualified, then it would be fine with me. Before we go I would suggest we get a quick feel of our individual strengths, so we can figure out how best to work together."

At this the strong imposing figure melts away, revealing a thin humanoid - looking particularly weak. A nearly opaque crystal mask obscures his features, but a soft green light filters through where his eyes would be. Amid a rather unkempt mop of blazing red hair, a silver headband set with a moonstone can barely be seen. His skin has a faint bluish glow and seems to be lacking any hair or texture. Resting atop his breast is a stand of complex crystals of various shapes and colors.

Striding purposely toward Regis with an outstretched hand he adds, "You'd better hurry and give me a ring as I can't hold this form for long." As the ring slips on his finger, it slides through the blue skin and is barely noticeable as a bump on his finger.

With that completed he fades into a ghostly form for a moment before his form shifts into a series of figures, as diverse as an old Halfling bent double to the shape of the devil waiting outside (unless it is invisible with something that can block True Seeing), before settling back down to his former image. "As you can see, I am a natural scout, as well as being adept with some versatile powers."

lordsigmund
2008-04-11, 06:45 AM
Renharaaz

He's actually sitting on the roof behind a persistant imaged wall made to look like the surrounding wood the wall is mad of, I guess you could have seen him, I'll go along with it for plot reasons, and it saves me trying to fit him in this room.

"Well I wouldn't normally stoop to showing off but if you must know the extent of my abilities... that devil, that you just took the form of, is mine. One of the malevolent creatures of Baator bound to my service and sworn to obey and protect me."

Renharaaz stares intently at Rodin ++I can also communicate using my mind++

So you guys know, the devil is 9ft tall with large wings, covered with black scales and spines that match the large horns on its head. It also carries a spiked chain. Feel free to work out what it is, IC if you have knowledge: the planes or OOC if you have access to d20srd.com :)

Lochar
2008-04-11, 08:06 AM
Teras

"Teras Morten, Enchanter, Illusionist, and deft hand at equipment. More than that, depends on what's required of me."

Beren One-Hand
2008-04-11, 06:26 PM
Renharaaz

He's actually sitting on the roof behind a persistant imaged wall made to look like the surrounding wood the wall is mad of, I guess you could have seen him, I'll go along with it for plot reasons, and it saves me trying to fit him in this room.

Well, since True Seeing sees through all illusions, he saw it sitting there - which is why he subtly brought it up, to see what reaction it gets. :smallsmile:

Rodin

Nodding to his companions he adds, "Glad to meet you, I'm called Rodin Chamus."

Staring back at Renharaaz with a smile on his face, Renharaaz heres a crystaline voice in his head, ++That is a wonderful ability isn't it? Of course we aren't going to learn everything we are capable of right away, but since I had to manifest to take the ring I thought it best to slap the clay upon the wheel and see what takes shape.++

Beren One-Hand
2008-04-11, 06:51 PM
Seeing as I forgot to add his Knowledge roll in the last post here it is
Knowledge (the planes): [roll0] & [roll1]

Greyen
2008-04-11, 11:42 PM
Regis

The thick necked priest look at the group As I said before I am just a wandering priest. I am not the most martial spirited but if you need your leg sewn back on I'm your man.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-12, 11:59 AM
Sorry, guys...

Eleanor

Eleanor seems to break out of a long period of thought. A tall, slender woman, she is armoured in burnished, gleaming plate armour, and carries a large shield bearing the crest of a sword with a blade of flame. A similar sword hilt is at her belt, in a simple leather scabbard, but you can't tell if it's really made of fire or not. All this is topped by a strikingly beautiful face, with strong brown eyes and golden hair tied back from her face.

"My name is Lady Eleanor Brightfire. I am a Knight, first and foremost- few can stand before me on the field of battle."

Beren One-Hand
2008-04-12, 12:19 PM
Rodin

Turning to Eleanor as she speaks, Rodin nods politely. "Well met, Lady Eleanor. Would your battlefield prowess extend to leadership as well? As I understand it looks like our leader will either be Renharaaz or you."

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-13, 11:19 AM
Eleanor smiles sweetly and says, "I dare say I could lead if you want me to- it depends what you want in a leader. My skills are in military matters, but I can take command, and honour demands that if I do I protect those in my charge."

She speaks confidently- there is a tone of determination in her voice, suggesting that if she really wants something, you might have trouble arguing against her...

Greyen
2008-04-14, 08:52 AM
(OOC-So Rodin does not exist?)

Regis

Either of you can lead. Flip a coin if it bothers you to decide between you. Honestly I think that Lady Eleanor may be better suited to be the one we present before normal folks as the leader tho. Unless you can easily hide your appearance as it may frighten most of the 'salt of the earth' kind of people we may be meeting. Regis shrugs, he has said his piece and waits for the others to decide.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-14, 09:46 AM
"I must agree- if we need to present ourselves to others, a member of the gentry may well create a better impression than a mysterious cowled figure. I expect us to be working together more than having one person in command anyway, so that should not be a problem."

lordsigmund
2008-04-14, 09:57 AM
Renharaaz

(OOC - Ok, if Rodin doesn't exist, none of you know about my devil or what he looks like)

"I am more than happy to defer leadership to you my good lady." Renharaaz tilts his head and gives Eleanor a slight bow. "I understand that common folk may show some... apprehension when confronted by my appearance. I hope, however, that amongst more... educated fellows, it will not present a problem"

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-14, 10:44 PM
"So, you all ready?" asks Cen apprehensively, leaving on the wall.

Greyen
2008-04-15, 06:50 AM
Regis

I'm as ready as I ever was. The priest chuckles to himself.

Lochar
2008-04-15, 07:21 AM
Teras

"Ready, for all that it really matters. Delivery boys, how sad." Teras shakes his head, chuckling to himself.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-15, 09:32 AM
Eleanor looks over and nods, replying, "I am ready also- let us see what the day brings!"

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-15, 11:26 PM
"Then away we go!" says Cen with a grin on his face, swinging into a stroll. "Do, let us see what the day brings!"

1 · Through the Gate

"First, we must make sure we are prepared. Check," Cen says, pointing to himself. After everyone else is prepared, Cen turns and throws open the doors of the big building dramatically. He does a little bow as he holds open the doors for Eleanor, with a charismatic "ladies first," and follows suit afterwards, taking the lead again. He walks through various hallways, pointing this way and that, telling the others where they lead, and finally enters a big room dramatically.

"Hey, Bob," says Cen, waving at one of his more wizardly co-workers. "That's Bob," he explains to the Team, completely unaware that they all probably know that by now. The room is full of these wizardly people, who seem to not be doing much at the moment. Most of them are examining or working on the various magical tools scattered around the area.

Suddenly, Cen puts a hand out. "Stop here."

Cen whistles as he walks over to a superior-looking dude, who seems to salute at Cen. Cen hands him the scroll, which is quickly looked over by the superior-looking dude. He nods.

"Open the gate!"

The wizards in the room scatter into a more orderly fashion (which is strange, because people that scatter usually don't scatter to un-scatter). They place down rods, channel their magic, and throw open scrolls. Chaotically crackling purple energy not-so-floods (since they're not really using that much energy) from the staves and scrolls and wizardly-looking people's hands and form a huge portal in the center of the room, where a bunch of magical symbols are drawn.

The superior-looking dude gapes, exasperated, at the gate. "Why'd you make it so big!?" he shouts.

"Maybe you should tell us to open the gates less dramatically next time! Besides, Cen inspires us to go up and beyond!"

"That is no excuse! You always make the portal that large! You just think it looks cool and makes it dramatic!"

"No I don't!"

Cen sighs as the argument rages on. "Just follow me," he says, beckoning to the group. "And through the gate we go!" He jumps in.

Greyen
2008-04-16, 01:45 AM
Regis

Regis follows along quietly his staff tapping counterpoint to his long legged slow strides. He seems mindless that he is tracking dirt off of his boots as he goes. Slightly shaking his head he follows the bard through.

lordsigmund
2008-04-16, 02:08 AM
Renharaaz

Renharaaz walks off the the side of the room and silently issues a telepathic summons. With a flash of light, a nine foot tall black creature appears next to him. The creature, with large wings and long horns sprouting from its head, carries a spiked chain in its hands and looks around the room warily before falling in behind Renharaaz, head bowed, as he walks back to the group.

"This is my companion, he shall be accompanying us." He says quietly to the others before striding forward towards the portal, devil closely behind.

Here's what he looks like http://www.hobbyjapan.co.jp/dd/miniatures/bloodwar/34.jpg

Lochar
2008-04-16, 08:27 AM
Teras

Teras walks towards the portal, looking at the runes before he steps through.

K: Arcana: [roll0] to know where it's supposed to go. Spellcraft: [roll1] if required.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-16, 10:38 AM
Eleanor

Eleanor strides confidently towards the portal, her hand hovering by the hilt of her sword in case she needs it suddenly.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-17, 12:10 AM
Teras: It's a simple spell. It uses minimal magic from several spellcasters to go to a bordering plane. In this case, that would be the Planar Medium, as that is the only plane that borders the Material Plane at this time of year.

Pop!

You appear in the Planar Medium. It looks exactly like the Astral Plane.

Yawn.

Somehow, Cen has produced a flying carpet from nowhere. "Oh, this is mines," he says. "You got a flying carpet to use as well, I believe." The others retrieve the carpet. "The ring that you were given will allow you to communicate with anyone else with one within range— that is, other team's leaders and any high-ranked officials, who are usually located at major Planar Corps of Discovery outposts. If you've never been to the Medium before, let me explain some of its strangenesses.
"First off, you're weightless.
"Secondly, magic is stronger here.
"Three, there are funny-looking pirate things that try to steal from us. They always underestimate the Corps, though, so they should be no problem.
"Speaking of monsters, there are lots of scary things here. Example: Ra'gaua. They're like rollie-polies, but huge and tentacly. They're hard to describe. Anyways, you should watch out for any big-looking weird-faced creatures, because they devour your magic and make you weaker.
"Any questions?"

Greyen
2008-04-17, 06:49 AM
Regis

I have travelled here a little bit in my wanderings. I am not very familiar with it, as I generally just pass through. Regis pulls the flying carpet out of the bag they were given. Rolling it out he looks at it for a moment, I am sure I have seen a carpet very much like this, He looks at Renharraz's pet demon for a moment then back to the carpet I don't think he's going to fit though.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-17, 08:36 AM
Eleanor, too, takes out her carpet. "Will this thing carry a warhorse?", she asks.

Lochar
2008-04-17, 08:46 AM
Teras

"Weightless you say? Hmm, does that mean I can float and fly?"

Weightless as in no gravity, or subjective gravity? Subjective means I can designate what was is down and just fall that way to fly.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-17, 08:51 AM
Eleanor lughs and says, "I really should listen harder. Weightless means the weight of my horse won't matter...

For the future, may I ask if these carpets will carry a horse when there is gravity?"

The horse was there all along, just like V's familiar.

lordsigmund
2008-04-17, 09:11 AM
Renharaaz

"I don't think he will need any assistance in flying" As if to reinforce the point, the devil unfurls its wings and spreads them wide, ready for flight. Renharaaz steps lightly onto the carpet and squats down.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-18, 01:09 AM
One and a half hours pass. Cen has been talking through all that time — talking about himself and how to navigate in the Planar Medium, along with requests for others to talk a little about themselves as well. Amazingly enough, this passed all that time that was passed: one and a half hours.

"...and remember," continued Cen, on the Ra'gaua Carapace, a large vicious beast found in the Planar Medium, "their weakest spot is—"

Just at that moment, there is a harsh neigh as a black horse with flaming hooves and mane comes flying out of a cloud. Riding on it is nothing other than a demonic-looking thing in black armor, its face obscured by shadow with red, piercing eyes gazing out of it. They look quizzical for a moment, and instead of attacking, the creature retreats. Looking back, he points his sword at the party, and says: "Attack."

A tremendous swarm of red, bat-like things with heads the size of a human's come flying out at the team. Their wingspan is large, about four feet long, and small and leathery tentacles wave wildly from their chins. Some even grin, revealing their sharp, jagged teeth.

"I've never seen so many Vargouilles at once in my entire life!" shouts Cen.

They start shrieking.

Combat Map:

A A A A A A A A A
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z A B C D E F G H I
1 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
2 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · · · v v · · · · · · · · · · ·
3 · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · v v · · · · · · · v v v · · · · · · ·
4 · · · · · · · · · v v · · · v · · v v v v · · v · · · · · · · · · · ·
5 · · · · · · · · · · v · · · · v · · · · · · v · · · · · · · · · · · ·
6 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · · · v v · · · · · · · · · · ·
7 · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · v v · · · · · · · v v v · · · · · · ·
8 · · · · · · · · · v v · · · v · · v v v v · · v · · · · · · · · · · ·
9 · · · · · · · · · · v · · · · v · · · · · · v · · · · · · · · · · · ·
10 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
11 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
12 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
13 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
14 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
15 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
16 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
17 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
18 · · · · · · · · · · · ·|R E|·|C|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
19 · · · · · · · · · · · ·|R T|·|·|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
20 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
21 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
22 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
23 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
24 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
25 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

Planar Traits:
• Fluid Magic: The magic in the Planar Medium acts alterably morphically, allowing anything able to manipulate magic (that includes everything that might try to kill you) to create platforms that apply to only them at will, and apply gravitational traits to them. This takes little, if not none, of one's mental power to perform, thus costing no actions at all.

All sentients gain a "fly speed" equal to their normal speed, but for all purposes, it is treated as a normal or burrow speed, except for that fact that it can be used to move in any direction, including vertically.

• Metaweightless: Treat as though you were not weightless. The only effect is that you're floating.

• Normal time, infinite, alterable morphic, mildly neutral-aligned.

• Incremented Magic: +1 CL.

These traits are experimental, and may change from time to time. :\

Initiative:
Ren · 21
Cen · ??
Teras · 11
Vargouilles · ??
Eleanor · 10
Regis · -2

You can take your turns in any order that you want — but provided with the fact that Cen is a bard, and that the Varg'lles are only halfway down the list, some of you may want to wait for my NPC posts before doing anything.

Oh, and make 40 fortitude saves, DC 12 or be paralyzed with mind-affecting fear for failing just one. :smallbiggrin:

Lochar
2008-04-18, 06:17 AM
Bastage. [roll0]

Only fails on a 1, which I'll roll probably 3 of them.

[roll1] rounds of paralysis.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-18, 07:47 AM
Don't have my sheet right now- will post huge amounts of saves in an hour and a half. Unfortunately, I don't have Impetuous Endurance yet...

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-19, 08:26 PM
Combat Map

A A A A A A A A A
2 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · · · v v · · · · · · · · · · ·
3 · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · v v · · · · · · · v v v · · · · · · ·
4 · · · · · · · · · v v · · · v · · v v v v · · v · · · · · · · · · · ·
5 · · · · · · · · · · v · · · · v · · · · · · v · · · · · · · · · · · ·
6 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · · · v v · · · · · · · · · · ·
7 · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · v v · · · · · · · v v v · · · · · · ·
10 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
11 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
12 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
13 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
14 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
15 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
16 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
17 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
18 · · · · · · · · · · · ·|R E|·|C|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
19 · · · · · · · · · · · ·|R T|·|·|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
20 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
21 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
22 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
23 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
24 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
25 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

Planar Traits
• Fluid Magic: The magic in the Planar Medium acts alterably morphically, allowing anything able to manipulate magic (that includes everything that might try to kill you) to create platforms that apply to only them at will, and apply gravitational traits to them. This takes little, if not none, of one's mental power to perform, thus costing no actions at all.

All sentients gain a "fly speed" equal to their normal speed, but for all purposes, it is treated as a normal or burrow speed, except for that fact that it can be used to move in any direction, including vertically.

• Metaweightless: Treat as though you were not weightless. The only effect is that you're floating.

Character Status (Initiative, Effects, etc.)
Ren · 21 (Para 7)
○ Demon Minion · -- (Para 7)
Cen · ??
Teras · 11 (Para 3)
Vargouilles · ??
Eleanor · 10 (Para 4)
Regis · -2

If you wish, you may post a small "status block" to keep track of your character post by post. That way, you can keep track of your hit points and so forth easier-ish-ly.

Anyways...

Cen

He blinks. "Man, am I glad that..." he trails off, and looks around nervously. "Yeah, wait, guys, I have something in here that'll..." he trails off again, and digs through his bag of holding.

Varg'lles

They come in for the kill. Or the kiss, to be more exact. *muah!* Everyone afflicted by paralysis is hit thrice. Make three DC 15 fortitude saves, or begin turning into flying heads!

New Map:

0 Feet

A A A A A A A A A
2 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
3 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
4 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
5 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
6 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
7 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · v · · · · · · · v v v · · · · · · ·
10· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
11· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
12· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
13· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
14· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
15· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
16· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
17· · · · · · · · · · · v v v v v v v · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
18· · · · · · · · · · · v|R E|v|C|v v · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
19· · · · · · · · · · · v|R T|·|·|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
20· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
21· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
22· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
23· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
24· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
25· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

+5 Feet

H I J K L M N O P Q R S T
16· · · · · · · · · · · · ·
17· · · · v v v v v v · · ·
18· · · · v|v v|v|C|v · · ·
19· · · · v|R v|·|·|· · · ·
20· · · · · · · · · · · · ·
21· · · · · · · · · · · · ·

Grey: Knocked Out (30 Hours)
Silver: On Lower Level (-5 Ft.)

Regis' turn.

Lochar
2008-04-19, 08:30 PM
[roll0]
Failure on 1 or 2

Lochar
2008-04-19, 09:12 PM
Teras

Being surrounded while paralyzed was not a fun thing. So instead, Teras reached out with his magic, absenting forgetting to use gestures or words, and attempted to knock all the nearby creatures out.

Stuff rolled in OOC, since my init is higher that Regis', it's actually my turn since I can take a mental action.

Closest 16 enemies, which are probably all the flying heads, need to make a DC 25 Will save or take 35 points of subdual damage

Greyen
2008-04-20, 01:19 AM
Regis

Regis takes a long moment examining the situation in his slow way. The heavy shield floating in front of him and his own staff use shielding him as he thinks a moment, then says Let's get rid of these thins shall we? He takes a moment to gather himself, pulling a small iron bar with a black and white dog at either end from his pouch, then begins shouting in celestial <Push off ya blighters! Away with ye! Stay away from me!>
An invisible force washes against everyone pushing them away.

Regis
HP-102
AC-28

Defensive Casting - Concentration check minimum 23 = no fail

Casting Repulsion 160ft radius. Will save DC: 25

Quoted from the SRD
Repulsion
Abjuration

Level: Clr 7, Protection 7, Sor/Wiz 6

Components: V, S, F/DF

Casting Time: 1 standard action

Range: Up to 10 ft./level

Area: Up to 10-ft.-radius/level emanation centered on you

Duration: 1 round/level (D)

Saving Throw: Will negates

Spell Resistance: Yes
An invisible, mobile field surrounds you and prevents creatures from approaching you. You decide how big the field is at the time of casting (to the limit your level allows). Any creature within or entering the field must attempt a save. If it fails, it becomes unable to move toward you for the duration of the spell. Repelled creatures’ actions are not otherwise restricted.

They can fight other creatures and can cast spells and attack you with ranged weapons. If you move closer to an affected creature, nothing happens. (The creature is not forced back.) The creature is free to make melee attacks against you if you come within reach. If a repelled creature moves away from you and then tries to turn back toward you, it cannot move any closer if it is still within the spell’s area.

Arcane Focus: A pair of small iron bars attached to two small canine statuettes, one black and one white, the whole array worth 50 gp.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-20, 05:24 AM
Fort saves: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: B****r. In a bit of trouble here...:smalleek:

HP:113 AC:39 Touch: 22 Flat: 38

Paralyzed, so use Flat AC (Touch drops to 13, too...)

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-20, 11:13 PM
Combat Map

0 Feet

A A A A A A A A A
18· · · · · · · · · · · v|R E|v|C|v v · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
19· · · · · · · · · · · v|R T|·|·|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
23· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
24· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

+5 Feet

18· · · · v|v v|v|C|v · · ·
19· · · · v|R v|·|·|· · · ·

Grey: Knocked Out (30 Hours)
Silver: On Lower Level (-5 Ft.)

Planar Traits

Ren · 21 (Para 6)
○ Demon Minion · -- (Para 6)
Cen · ??
Teras · 11 (Para 2)
Vargouilles · ??
Eleanor · 10 (Para 3) (Varg'lle Transformation Stage I 5 Hrs.)
Regis · -2

Cen

Cen whips out a random scroll, flies backwards a bit, and casts Remove Paralysis. (Ren and his minion will not be able to perform their actions, unless they vote to drop their initiative.)

New Map:

0 Feet

A A A A A A A A A
18· · · · · · · · · · · v|R E|v · v v · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
19· · · · · · · · · · · v|R T|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
23· · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·|C|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
24· · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·|·|· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

+5 Feet

18· · · · v|v v|v · v · · ·
19· · · · v|R v|· · · · · ·

Grey: Knocked out (30 Hours)
Silver: On lower level (-5 ft.)
Italicised: Not Repulsed

Teras gets until tomorrow evening before I post the Varg'lles' action(s).

lordsigmund
2008-04-21, 01:42 AM
Renharaaz

Renharaaz grits his teeth as he feels the foul things swarm all over him.

My saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Devil's saves:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Lochar
2008-04-21, 07:10 AM
Teras

Annoying bugs.

Again, Teras sweeps out with his mind, knocking more unconscious.

Silent Stilled Mass Overwhelm, dealing [roll0] subdual to 16 enemies unless they make a DC 25 Will save to negate.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-23, 08:00 PM
Combat Map

0 Feet

A A A A A A A A A

+5 Feet

Planar Traits

Ren · 21
○ Demon Minion · --
Cen · ??
Teras · 11
Vargouilles · ??
Eleanor · 10 (Varg'lle Transformation Stage I 5 Hrs.)
Regis · -2

Varg'lles

The Varg'lles attempt to fight back, but fail.

New Map:

0 Feet

A A A A A A A A A

+5 Feet

What do you do?

Lochar
2008-04-23, 08:58 PM
Teras

Teras again sweeps out, attempting to knock the rest of them out.

[roll0] subdual, will dc 25, yadda yadda.

Bitzeralisis
2008-04-23, 11:26 PM
Please excuse me, but I have seem to made a mistake. My previous post is now fixed. Lochar's previous post is rendered a spawn of my clumsiness.

Hmm. I guess that's what happens when I post under pressure.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-24, 09:52 AM
Lady Eleanor

Lady Eleanor, freed from the curse of paralysis, draws her sword from her scabbard in an arc of bright steel. Shouting the command phrase, "Purity and honour!" the sword's long, unadorned blade is wreathed with yellow flames all the way down its length. Eleanor gives a mighty shout, "Tremble before my wrath, creatures of darkness!" Eleanor seeks to erase the stain on her honour by striking down the unholy creatures, her sword striking out in a dance of glowing steel and burning flame.

Quick Draw the sword, Daunting Challenge (Swift action, DC24 will save for all enemies of CR14 or less with at least Int 5 that understand any language within 100ft, if they fail they're shaken) and a full attack.

Attacks: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] Fire [roll2]
[roll3] Damage: [roll4] Fire [roll5]
[roll6] Damage: [roll7] Fire [roll8]
[roll9] Damage: [roll10] Fire [roll11]

Let's see what happens now...

EDIT: Forgot to say, the first attack was to go on the vargouille NE of me, then the rest spread out on the other three I can hit.