PDA

View Full Version : Would this count as Vigilante Modding?

Bayar
2008-04-06, 08:22 AM
Vigilante Modding
If you’re not a Moderator, don’t act like one. Rich has selected a few people he trusts to keep an eye on conversations here. Please refrain from chastising other posters over breaking the rules, especially concerning minor things. The proper response when you see someone breaking these rules is to report the post as discussed above or to a PM to the local Moderator. At most, you may courteously link to this thread. But whatever you do, do not tell other posters what to do, what rules they have broken, that they are "spamming", etc. Posters who do so excessively will be issued an Infraction for their actions.

In the Arts & Crafts thread, there are frequent "First try at avataring" threads. If for example, I would tell them "nice first try. But we have a OotS style Art/fanart thread here:" and give the link, would that be considered vigilante modding ?

Darth Mario
2008-04-06, 08:36 AM
Nice request. But we already have a tread on Vigilante Modding here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73834 :smallwink: :smallbiggrin:

In all seriousness, the answer is likely no. The mods seem to define the difference between being helpful and being a vigilante as politeness, and people point out duplicate threads all the time. As long as you're nice, it likely won't be an issue.

Bayar
2008-04-06, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the info. And I wonder how did I fail my spot check for that thread...