PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Rogue vs. Lurk

SadisticFishing
2008-04-06, 05:01 PM
Topic. Discuss.

I'm about to start a new campaign with a new group of people, and I'm expecting there to be no skill monkey - and I want to try something Psionic. I think I'm going with Psychic Rogue either way, as I like skill points, but I've noticed that the two have a lot in common...

Which does everyone like more, and why?

(Psychic Rogue is at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b)

Lurk is Complete Psionics.

Prometheus
2008-04-06, 05:13 PM
Your OP doesn't make it clear what the other option is, Psychic Rogue or ?. From the post, I'm going to assume that it is a Soulknife. I can't comment heavily on either, never having played either, but the general opinion of the board has seemed to have been that Soulknife are unoptimized and Rogues (in general) are a solid choice (if you care about optimization).

Chronos
2008-04-06, 05:28 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and make the wild guess, based on the title, that the other option is Lurk. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the Lurk class to really give an opinion.

CockroachTeaParty
2008-04-06, 06:34 PM
I think that psychic rogue is a bit more enjoyable than a lurk. However, there is a web enhancement somewhere on the WotC site that has some new options for the lurk. One makes them better at sneaking at the expense of their attack options, while the other makes them better at tracking down specific prey, like a ranger. I think that they can even get an assassin's death attack. It's pretty cool, and gives you a lot more options with the lurk.

A lurk is NOT a skill monkey, however. They function more like a rogue or thief in an MMO: built to deal a sick amount of damage, but not take damage. Glass cannons, if you will.

Overlard
2008-04-06, 06:49 PM
Lurks simply don't get enough augment points (or whatever they're called). They dry up very quickly.