PDA

View Full Version : Paladin PrCs

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-07, 12:38 AM
Are there any good ones? I know about the Grey Guard, but there don't seem to be many others. At least, not many that continue to advance most of the Paladin class features. Is there any others?

Nebo_
2008-04-07, 12:44 AM
Fist of Raziel, from BoED is very good.

AslanCross
2008-04-07, 12:48 AM
Fist of Raziel, from BoED is very good.

Agreed on Fist of Raziel. It improves your smiting ability.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-07, 04:13 AM
My favourite paladin build is this:

Spell-less paladin of Silver Flame 5/Pious Templar of SF 10/Exorcist of Silver Flame 5.

Full BAB, full smiting progression (with 1 more smiting/day than Pal 20), faster spell progression, CL 11 (Paladin 20 would have CL 10), 2 crappy feats used to qualify for PT compensated for 2 from PT and 1 by being a spell-less paladin, DR goodness and other PT/EoSF goodness. The only thing you're going to miss out is Remove Disease.

Chronicled
2008-04-07, 06:01 AM
Cavalier works well with the Paladin special mount, and is great for a charger build.

The only thing you're going to miss out is Remove Disease.

:smallfrown:

Ascension
2008-04-07, 09:59 AM
I'm personally quite fond of Shadowbane Inquisitor, if only to see the look on your DM's face when he hears that you're multiclassing rogue/paladin. :smallbiggrin:

LongVin
2008-04-07, 10:10 AM
What book is Shadowbane Inquisitior in?

Nerd-o-rama
2008-04-07, 10:15 AM
Complete Adventurer. Goes well RP-wise with Grey Guard, or as a bridge into Blackguard that actually gets you some use out of thoe Hide ranks.

Zincorium
2008-04-07, 11:08 AM
A Prc that doesn't seem obvious at first glance.

Warpriest- This class gets bashed because it's absolutely horrible for clerics (who it seems to be intended for) because of the loss of spellcasting and the fact that most of it's abilities can be duplicated by spells. However, Paladin's really benefit from the full BAB, the loss of spellcasting doesn't hurt them too much, and paladins normally don't get mass heal or haste.

Fawsto
2008-04-07, 11:14 AM
I seccond the FoR. The best smiting progression with a free magic circle against evil ever conceived XD

Saint Nil
2008-04-07, 01:31 PM
Have you tried Kensai? It works well if your trying to be a bodyguard paladin.

bosssmiley
2008-04-07, 01:40 PM
Knight of the Chalice, especially if you read about the ultimate purpose their order has (according to PHB2). That changes them from being 'meh' paladin demonhunters to being the ultimate white knights. :smallcool:

TL;DR version: the Chalice of Heironyous is a who, not a what.

Person_Man
2008-04-07, 03:18 PM
Ashworm Dragoon from Sandstorm.

This is basically the best mount you're going to get if your DM doesn't allow Leadership or Dragon Cohort. It's especially great in campaigns where you spend a lot of time outdoors, because you can burrow everywhere. When underground, you're essentially immune to being targeted, since enemies need line of site to attack you. You also get pounce, bonus feats, improved Mounted Combat, and some impressive Skill bonuses.