PDA

View Full Version : Dice Rolling How To

Ardemus
2008-04-07, 03:40 AM
Sorry for the double post. Here is the "one true" thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77134)

Sensate
2008-04-07, 04:39 AM
There are also four threads in the Dice Rolls subforum. The thread itself is very helpful, but why post it so many times? I'm sure people have seen it by now.

Ardemus
2008-04-07, 05:03 AM
There are 5 threads there, actually. :smallwink:

That was part of the arduous process of figuring out how rolls worked (and unfortunately users can't delete threads there). I thought I had the rules down until I tried to post to the help thread and found a special case rule that only happens with root threads. Then I figured that out and tried a second time but something else entirely went wrong. That was when I decided to post the help in an editable forum and link to it. Since I already had 3 threads I figured a 4th wouldn't hurt. When I tried to make that thread, however, I found out that thread links don't work between forums! Hence the 5th thread.

It just goes to show that we need a "How To" document, if you ask me. :smallbiggrin:

I PMed moderator and asked him to delete the junk threads and maybe sticky the help. It's been a week but I haven't heard anything. I figure he would have replied in some way if he'd seen it so I'm posting here instead of trying again.

P.S. This double post was an unfortunate accident due to the nightly site dead zone.