PDA

View Full Version : TWFing echoblades for bard?

Townopolis
2008-04-07, 05:44 PM
Ok, so as I continuously fiddle around with builds, and especially bards, I come across various build ideas that are of dubious worth to me, but which pique my interest. The latest is the prospect of dual wielding echoblades as a full level bard. (echoblades are longswords that give +1 sonic damage/2 bard levels while inspiring courage).

The basic build would be:

1) Free slot - Versatile Performer?
3) Two-Weapon Fighting
6) Snowflake Wardance
9) Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting
12)Free Slot - Melodic Casting?
15)Free Slot - Sound of Silence?
18)Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
(Free slots aren't part of the build and feats mentioned there are just musings)

Using enhanced Inspire Courage and CHA to attack, I should have a high enough AB to make ITWF worthwhile.

If it CChamp allowed, I might take the 1 level dip into spirit lion totem for pounce, and then spend one of my free slots on Battle Caster about when I could afford a suit of mithril full plate. It would reduce my final AB by 1, but pounce would probably be worth it.

So I want to know what you all think about the worth of spending 3 feats on an extra echoblade. I'd like to build a fairly effective melee bard, not necessarily as burly as a good barbarian or martial adept build of course, since a bard has other benefits, but something that can hold its own in combat. The idea isn't to heavily specialize in melee, since versatility is one of the major perks of bards, but to achieve competence without spending all my feats on it.

Person_Man
2008-04-08, 09:53 AM
Bard Handbook (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=952766)
Inspire Courage Inspiration (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=816095)

Dragonfire Inspiration + Words of Creation + a few other minor spells/items = d6(Bard level/2)ish extra damage for everyone in your party.

Also, you don't need Oversized TWF. It only adds a few points of damage, and you won't need it.