PDA

View Full Version : And the what? (the diary of a bored wizard)

Baskineli
2008-04-07, 07:20 PM
So, I followed TLN instructions for building the ultimate batman.

My wizard is now 5th level, and he is making most of the encounters into small nuisances, not more.

After the first round, when he uses a web or smoke cloud or something along those lines, and disables atleast half of the enemies, he is getting bored.

So, what should he do while waiting for his party members to finish the dirty work? He is no longer useful. Bah, sometimes I wish I had a fireball prepared - but I banned evocation.

Bah. Ideas?

Triaxx
2008-04-07, 07:27 PM
Shift towards Buffing instead of Batmanning. Evocation isn't big on buff's, so it's alright that you dropped it.

mostlyharmful
2008-04-07, 07:30 PM
buy a pipe, a folding stool and a good book. :smallsmile:

brian c
2008-04-07, 07:30 PM
Just screw around with your helpless enemies. Prestidigitation makes their clothes turn pink, Ghost Sound spooks them out. Do whatever you want and have fun; there are also some damage spells that aren't in evocation

Collin152
2008-04-07, 07:34 PM
Handicap yourself from time to time. Like "Today, all my fourth level spells will come from... This school.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-07, 07:36 PM
Isn't there a amulet that grants mage hand at will? Molest your crippled foes while your team hacks them apart. Insult to injury.

Ascension
2008-04-07, 07:45 PM
As a sorcerer I spent two turns laughing at webbed hobgoblins last night. They were such insignificant threats I didn't think it was worth it to waste any more of my spells or crossbow ammo.

Practice your evil laughter. It does the heart good.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-07, 07:51 PM
Hadrian, why use mage hand? Take it to the next level! Use Grope!

Or, of course, Create water. And then, finish 'em off with level 1 magic missiles.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2008-04-07, 07:56 PM
Even mid level wizards sometimes resort to the ranged weapon during cleanup. Remember: You're saving your awesomeness for the Big Encounters. Now either you're ripping the Big Guns apart, or they would have had you used up your strength.

Also, your DM will probably adjust and send more difficult/varied creatures at the party. Keep on your toes, and vary your tactics.

Eldariel
2008-04-07, 07:59 PM
Throw rocks at things.

Khanderas
2008-04-08, 05:53 AM
Hadrian, why use mage hand? Take it to the next level! Use Grope!
Grope is super effective! Hobgoblin squeals.
Heh, couldn't resist, I'd apologise if I was sorry.

shadow_archmagi
2008-04-08, 06:00 AM
When in a forest type area, hurl wads of raw meat onto the enemy and then leave.