PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Heroes - The Equalizers

Zweanslord
2008-04-08, 04:08 AM
Warlock Heroes - The Equalizers

It was a dark friday eve. A relatively cold april 11th eve, in fact. The wind stirred across the streets. The Equalizers stood in that street. They had went on patrol when they found out that a group of partying citizen had been mugged by a gang. And not just normally mugged, but beat up.. a lot. It was a cold eve indeed. The moon was already in the sky, but not very high, leaving long shadows by the streets. The street the group they now found themselves in had tall and old houses on both sides. The windows were dark except for a rare few. The tall houses, offering room for a few families, seemed beat up, decaying. This was a street of poor people. The group had spent some time moving already, moving after the path of the gang. Some elderly beaten up and some other traces were there for the group. Yet, the beating was not normal on all those victims. Their left arm had been blue, their shoulder purple. Almost as if something was afflicted to it. Something was lose, and they were with multiple.

In the distance, the street split in two. The left road curved vanishing behind a hill with a park. The other road continued to an industry park. Which way the gang had gone was not sure. So now what would the Equalizers do? Only the sound of the wind and a cat being assaulted by a shoe from a sleepy citizen disrupted their thoughts.

Lycar
2008-04-08, 04:10 PM
Luten

Luten had hurried to the Equalaizer's hideout just after work. He didn't need to stay longer but he had hoped to glean some information about where the recent slew of work came from.

So far, no luck. He did pick up a few odd rumours though.

Wearing his dark blueish travellers outfit (which just happened to include a hood and scarf to protect from dust and looks alike), he had the advantage of looking not too conspicious, yet the dark and muted colours of his clothes did not stand out against the dirty tones this whole part of town seemed to have been painted in by time and fate.

Luten still puzzled about the strange discolouration that seemed to have befallen the arms and shoulders of the gang's victims. While he did have some book knowledge about the art of healing, this didn't look like anything he ever read about. Maybe some kind of infection? Hopefully not some strange kind of rabies or anything...

He almost bumped into one of his fellow vigilantes when the group stopped.

"Where did they go?"

Lycar

Uncle Festy
2008-04-08, 05:04 PM
TACTICS walks over to the corpses. This_is_odd. This_is_distinctly_odd. What_could_have_caused_this, I_wonder? He examines the corpses carefully.
[roll0]

Silkenfist
2008-04-08, 05:10 PM
"Damned if I know." Calissa speaks quietly while vainly staring into the far end of the road. Absent-mindedly, she pulls tighter the straps inside her marine and black dress to reduce the wind catching in it. "And I doubt we will have the luxury of overthinking this. They might just be on their way to the next victims... but on the other hand, these roads are fine targets for an ambush. I'd suggest to just choose one of the streets, then move through it as quickly as possible, but keep off the main road as much as possible." She shakes her head letting a silver strand of hair fall into her face. "Still everything is better than inactivity."

Kai-Palin
2008-04-08, 09:34 PM
"Get a good smell Syldreki, you can track them." Liam bends down and ruffles the fur of his hound familiar ((a worg)), a huge, chestnut-furred beast, who grunts a barely intelligible reply, and proceeds to sniff all around the scene. They go with the rest of the group as they follow the hoodlums' path through the seedy district.

Liam's staff makes a muffled clack against the cobblestones as he walks, his eyes slitted nearly closed in thought. He leaves his athame and shorter rod in his belt, and reviews his glimpses of the assaulted people, mentally running through every infectious disease he knows ((I'll roll know: nature, but I can't seem to access Myth-Weavers)).

When they reach the crossroads, Liam says, quietly, "So, which way did they go?"
Survival: Tracking by scent: [roll0]

As a precaution, Liam steps slightly upward, and a dimly glowing silvery-blue hexagon appears beneath his feet. He stride along with the others, about an inch above the ground.

Zweanslord
2008-04-09, 01:20 PM
TACTICS looked around the street they were currently in and did indeed find one victim (not dead corpse). The lizardfolk victim seemed unconscious for now and breathing heavily. The beating up he received was the same as the others you have seen before, with the left arm blue and their shoulder purple. Besides that, there are marks of a more usual beating, which Luten and Calissa can identify as being caused by fist punches. For now the victim seems to be well off in his little corner of the street, out of plain sight, but for any medical help on the way, it will be hard to find him, if at all.

Meanwhile, Syldreki seems to sniff around, tracing along the lizardfolk victim and then, as he picks up the trail more profoundly, he moves towards the road leading to the industry park. Once he moves a bit towards it, however, he suddenly stops as he picks up another scent. He starts to growl ferociously. The eyes of the worg shift around, looking in the neighbourhood as it raises its ears, but there is still nothing besides the sound of the wind and the group. Only with an additional order from his master will he move forward, who is at the moment running through his knowledge of diseases.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-09, 02:20 PM
Guys? I_think_you_should_see_this.

Silkenfist
2008-04-09, 04:53 PM
Another one Calissa whispers. We can bring him to the group we encountered earlier, hopefully he get attended to quicker that way. Nonetheless... she looks at the worg sniffing out trails in the industry park ...we need to hurry or the streets will become littered with assault victims. We can give your hound additional time to detect the trail while we take care of the victim.
Calissa sizes up whether she could carry him on her own. Also, these wounds are actually scaring me. I can't see a bleeding wound anywere on him, so if he is afflicted with something, it might be carried by as little as touch. She reaches out to lift his upper body but hesitates ...or what do you think?

Kai-Palin
2008-04-09, 05:23 PM
Realizing that he has absolutely no idea what could be wrong with the victims, Liam hears Syldreki's growl and pulls himself back to the present. Looking down to the hound, he says, "Well, what's wrong boy? I know you don't like to, but use your words." He sees two of his group members conferring, but, knowing that he has little to offer, keeps silent and focuses on hearing what Syldreki has to say.

((Syldreki can speak common, but hates to do so, and speaks rather poorly in a horrible snarling, growling voice.))

Admiral Squish
2008-04-10, 01:10 AM
Epsilon

His robotic gaze meandered over the victims, his voicebox silent. After a moment if watching the female's aversion tot he injured, however, he spoke. "I will carry him. I have no reason to fear diseases." HE said, simply, walking over to the wounded/diseased/accosted lizardfolk. He knelt down, and tucked his arms under the victim, one under his knees, the other under his shoulders, and lifted, carrying him over to the others and setting him down gently. "I do agree we must act rapidly to prevent further incident. Once the source is gone, we will have time to treat the wounded properly."

Zweanslord
2008-04-10, 06:30 AM
As Epsilon brings the victim back to the other nearby group of victims, Liam is talking to Syldreki. The growling response he gains from the worg is as follows. "Disearse.. poison.. hurts my nose.. they have groone that way." With that said, Syldreki points with his head towards the industry park.

Lycar
2008-04-10, 02:23 PM
Luten

"Maybe they have a hideout there or something. But yes, the sooner we catch them, the sooner this will be over. And if it is indeed some kind of disease..."

Luten doesn't like this one bit. A bunch of thugs, who beat up people for fun and profit are one thing. But a bunch of disease carriers that might inflict the entire town with... something... give him a fraudulent bookkeeper or corrupt crime lord any day.

At least those can be dealt with violently if the law fails to thwart them.

Lycar

Silkenfist
2008-04-10, 08:24 PM
Calissa nods as the Android returns. That would be correct, though I hope someone else will take care of the wounded ones in the meantime. Still, we should enter the area with caution. The guards had a few casualties from assaults lately. Whoever is responsible for this might be expecting us. Nonetheless - she opens her hand to have a translucent short sword appear in it within a split second - that's our job. Let's just not run into them too blindly.

Kai-Palin
2008-04-11, 10:00 PM
"Thanks. We'll head that way then, I suppose."
Hearing his companions' hesitance over leaving the victims behind, he comments, "Well, can you do anything to help them right now? Because I can't. Perhaps once I research it a little, but there's no time for that now. Lets go, and," with a nod toward Calissa, "Let's go... carefully."

With agreement from the rest of the group, he motions Syldreki to continue tracking the perpetrators and strikes his staff sharply on the cobbles, shooting up to between the second and third stories of the buildings surrounding him, at which point he shadows his companions from the air.

Admiral Squish
2008-04-11, 10:29 PM
Panels on Epsilon's back open, and a quiet whirr is heard as a pair of wedges extend out from his spine. The wedges glow softly before the glow is suddenly shunted out the bottom into the shape of upside-down teardrops, and Epsilon is lifted into the sky, a soft whistling sound barely audible from the lifting force. He gave a nod to the other airborne hero, and leaned forward, moving cautiously towards the industrial park.

Silkenfist
2008-04-12, 05:16 AM
Calissa closes her eyes, concentrating on her connection to the outerplanar forces that constitute the weapon in her hands. Blade. Give me an inscription. Make it fit for assault and battery.
You know that they don't need to be specific. They work just fine no matter what the reason of our pursuit is.
I know. But I've been taught that you don't condemn someone without making them know of their actual wrongdoings.
Fine. As long as you don't adopt other habits of your worldly courts... like allowing the defendants unlimited time or allowing them to appeal to a neutral judge or...
Just give me an inscription, will you?
Already done. The blade of the short sword suddenly becomes aglow with small-lettered crimson red runes. They remain glowing for a second, then meld with the blade, losing their glow. This is the depiction of the final plea of Marian d'Ivlona of the Wasteland Plane of Harum in the trial against the Ethereal Reavers of Hem as she proclaimed the...
OK, OK, got it. I don't need to know the entire story, do I?
Hey I thought you were the one who wanted to be specific with this.
Calissa doesn't reply audibly but the concentrated look in her face reveal that she has merely shifted the bickering with her weapon to a purely mental level as they enter the industrial park.

Lycar
2008-04-12, 07:15 AM
Luten watches his companions go airborne with a bit of envy. But then he shrugs it off and just goes ahead and makes with the entering.

(Hrm. I just hope we can figure this out before the victims start going on a rampage themselves or something. We found what, a dozen or so victims? And they were assaulted by about half a dozen or so thugs. Now if the victims are indeed infected with something that turns them into psychotic brawlers and they start beating up people themselves... Exponental growth is scary.)

Luten keeps his glum thoughts to himself as he walks on. No sense in worrying his friends with things they can't help with anyway. Still, he himself couldn't quite shake off the numbers dancing in front of his inner eye, the white number representing the populace of the city (estimated), and the angry red number of... infected people. Small, two-digited it swelles with frightening speed, becoming 3-digit, then 4, 5... before it swallows the white number whole, only leaving an angry red monstrosity of a mathematical concept behind.

Lycar

Zweanslord
2008-04-12, 01:02 PM
As the group enters the industry park, they notice that currently it is abandoned. The eve is late, so everybody has gone home already. The buildings are low, not more then two stories, made out of stone and seem to be old as well. A few, here and there, seem to have had poor maintenance and some windows thrown in, which were repaired with wooden planks set behind them. Vines run over some buildings and the few bits of green are wild growths without any maintenance. The streets are wide and are obviously used a lot due to some garbage hanging around and the deep marks of wagons and carts running around.

Syldreki leads the party and the two airborne members of the group, Liam and Epsilon, notice something when they are deeper in the industry park. As they move further, the others can see it too, a section is blocked off with a fence and signs stating it is forbidden to trespass. Beyond the fence are three buildings standing close to each other, all appearing as if they are decayed and without use. This is deeper in the industry park and to a side towards the poor region and only one road leading to it. It seems to be a bit off from the others, meaning that travel to these buildings would be long. With the decayed and damaged state, it seems unlikely that these buildings are used for anything. Nature seems to have wanted to reclaim this as the grass is tall and weed seems everywhere, with a free trees.

The three buildings seem to be two warehouses and a working place. A road from the entrance of the fence splits up in three leading to each of them. The entrance of the fence seems closed and no other entry in the face seems available. The working place is smaller and seems in a bit better state of repair. Epsilon manages to spot some light coming from the back of the warehouse furthest from the fence as he flys in the air. It is obvious that such light is not visible merely from behind the fence, as there are further fences and obstacles on the territory, including trees. The closest warehouse seems to have a collapsed wall near the front entrance. In front of it stands a tree, which in turn stands close to the fence.

Silkenfist
2008-04-12, 05:46 PM
This is, where the trail leads? Looks like bad news. If this is the assailant's hideaway, they are not living in a normal civic life... which means that they will consider themselves professionals. Well...one more reason for us, not to leave this one for the guards. Liam? Can your hound sniff for the presence of other animals? I don't want to run into a guard dog and alert someone prematurely.

Admiral Squish
2008-04-12, 06:03 PM
The soft whistling whine dropped in pitch for a moment, as he descended, settling near the rest of the group.. "There's a light on, at the far side of the farthest building in that set." He told them as they came into the park, pointing towards the three squat structures set apart from the others.

Lycar
2008-04-12, 07:40 PM
Luten

"It would appear that these thugs have taken up residence in there then? Well, we'll have to go and see for ourselves. We just have to climb over the fence."

Lycar

Kai-Palin
2008-04-13, 01:27 PM
"He can understand you, too." Liam descends to hover several feet off the ground, and beckons Syldreki to do so.

Liam waits for the others to get over the fence, giving a hand up from midair, before resuming his normal altitude. ((~20 feet)) As the group approaches the far warehouse, Liam takes a moment and ripples form in the air around his staff.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-13, 02:06 PM
TACTICS walks up to the tree. "Hmm. This_could_be_a_useful_vantage_point." He attempts to jump as high up as possible on the tree, and continues climbing from there.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Silkenfist
2008-04-13, 04:16 PM
Calissa sizes up fence and tree. Time for us to act. But I don't like overconvenient entrances like that. Better go over the fence somewhere else...just in case. Calissa kneels down on the ground, one palm pressed against the earth, the other one against her face. The blade disappears and the look in hear eyes subtly changes. Let's try over here.

If I take 10 on a Jump check (with activated psionic focus), I can jump 16 feet (excluding vertical reach). If that's enough to clear the fence without touching it, I'll give it a try from a position at least 40 feet away from the tree.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-13, 07:00 PM
((I have a grappling hook!
Which I forgot to use to climb the tree...))

Admiral Squish
2008-04-13, 07:15 PM
Epsillon lifted back into the air, hovering above the fence, his dark, gunmetal-colored body nearly invisible against the night sky. He slowly drifted forward towards the establishment.

Zweanslord
2008-04-14, 08:52 AM
With a growl, Syldreki responds. "No animals." He looks questioningly at Liam as the others move over the fence in one way or the other. The Worg does not seem equally adapt at jumping, nor would he be able to climb over the fence, so it stays behind for now, keeping guard at the entrance of the fence.

When the group is over the fence, their surroundings seem silent, except for the leaves rushing by TACTICS' shape as he climbs up the tree. From there, he sees what the others high in the air could see now as well; there is light coming from the back of the warehouse farthest away and in the middle. He also sees how Epsilon takes the lead, while Luten seems to have some trouble climbing over the fence, though he manages to do so after deciding to take a jump at the fence and then climbing up the remainder. However, Luten might have some trouble getting in a fast manner over the fence if, for some reason, they needed to leave in a hurry. Calissa seems to have far less trouble, having gracefully jumped over it.

Lycar
2008-04-15, 04:46 PM
Luten

Luten grumbles a bit under his breath as he finally manges to overcome the fence.

"...Damn fliers... I'm an accountant, not an athlete... Better not have to run away form here..."

Finally he manages to catch up with the rest of the team.

"All right, what now? Some scouting first or should we all try and sneak up on the building?"

Uncle Festy
2008-04-15, 04:59 PM
((I'm not over the fence yet... :smalltongue:
How far is the tree from the fence?))

Silkenfist
2008-04-15, 05:04 PM
Calissa remains on the ground for a few seconds after landing on the other side, concentrating on her outerplanar attunement to achieve focus once again. As she stands up, her eyes have changed from crimson red to amber again. Walking towards the others, the Blade appears in her right hand again.
Luten. Shall we fix a knotted rope now? We might come into a situation where every second will count. Other than that... she pauses and looks at the warehouses. We are not in a hurry. We know where they are and we should do this right. Let's first look for the escape routes from this place. We shall not let one of them get away. Her grip on the hilt tightens.

Zweanslord
2008-04-16, 02:09 AM
The three stands between the fence and the building on the territory, so TACTICS finds himself beyond the fence now. It has some of its furthest and thinnest branches hanging over the fence, so it really is close to the fence, with not more than a few meters from the fence.

Meanwhile, Calissa looks around to look for escape routes from this place. The obvious one would be climbing over the fence or using the entrance in the fence if those here have the key. What is behind the warehouses is currently not visible for those on solid ground, while it would be visible for those high enough in the air. The fence seems to go around the buildings until it meets up with an area of trees, which serve as the back of the terrain here. The fence might run through those trees, though if it is, it is not visible from here. There does not seem to be any paths leading outside of the fence towards the trees.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-16, 08:52 AM
((In that case...))
TACTICS goes to one of the outlying branches, and drops down over the fence.
Tumble check, if necessary, to avoid falling damage -
[roll0]

Silkenfist
2008-04-16, 06:46 PM
Seeing the lock on the entry, Calissa kicks loose some earth or mud then proceeds to stuff it into the lock. She returns as the TACTICS unit comes down from the tree. We could still get an idea of the terrain before we strike. What do you think of moving towards the nearest building, then circle the complex, sticking as close to the walls as we can. It will reduce our chances of being seen and we will get an idea of all entrances and exits. She looks at the others while drawing the basic idea into the earth with her blade.
I distinctly remember not being called the Liberty Pencil
Well, I needed something to draw. And it's not my fault you don't take shape as a bludgeoning weapon.It's not my choice that the sword is your world's most symbolic weapon for justice. If I told you about the aquatic planes and their snarepoles of law...
Hush, will you. We need to do this covertly. Calissa looks up to the others, the little signs of embarassment fortunately hidden by the low level of light and her dark skin. So...that's the idea.

Lycar
2008-04-17, 02:32 AM
Luten ponders this for a moment.

"Hrm. While i would be adverse to the culprits using the very rope for their own escape, it is probably not a bad idea. And i appreciate the help. Yes, let's."

"It would be great if we could surround their hideout. Maybe we can stop them from escaping that way."

Admiral Squish
2008-04-18, 04:14 PM
Epsilon hovered over the group, watching as they planned. "I will handle the far side of the establishment, and provide ranged cover as needed." He said, simply. "If I see anything important, I will mention it to the nearest-stationed of you as covertly as possible." He added. "Acceptable? He asked.

Silkenfist
2008-04-20, 12:25 PM
Calissa nods slowly. When we have an idea of the terrain, we can certainly try to cut off their escape routes... but we need to close in on them first. Can we have a consensus on circling the building, sticking as close to the wall as possible. Also, I need one of you to take point with me since I'm not the best to detect dangers quickly. She raises an eyebrow. Any takers?

Lycar
2008-04-20, 02:02 PM
Luten regards Calissa for a moment, his face unreadable covered under his garment. He considers the boons his lycanthrophic heritage grants him, something he still feels awkward about.

(Hrm... my lycanthrophy gives me pretty acute senses even in human form. Of course i don't really have much practise with this whole vigilante buisines...)

"I can come with you. I may not be very good at sneaking but at least you learn to sense subtle hints when you study martial arts."

Kai-Palin
2008-04-21, 09:00 PM
Liam

"Sounds like a good plan to me."
Once everyone has begun moving, Liam hovers around the building, his feet above window-level, and he looks around for anything particularly interesting. Cautious as ever, he takes a second to focus, and causes shimmers of air to form around the head of his staff.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-22, 08:51 AM
((Hey! I'm the skill monkey, I'm taking point! :smalltongue:
Oh, and sorry I haven't been contributing much, my brain's been on "cuckoo" for a while. :smallsigh:))
TACTICS slips to the front, all sensors on maximum input.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] EDIT: - 4 = [29]

Zweanslord
2008-04-23, 01:51 PM
TACTICS moves towards the front, making no attempt to warn the others of this move. He keeps a keen watch and listens while Calissa and Luten follow behind him. They move to the left building and stick to the wall, moving around it on the left side, to move by the back of the buildings towards the light. Meanwhile, Liam moves over the buildings as Epsilon moves left around the buildings, sticking further away on the far side.

As they move, Liam has the least chance of being detect as he flies over the roof, due to the roof blocking field of vision to any below. He does notice there are some holes in the roofs. From his further away position, Epsilon has trouble seeing something, though the cover of the long grass and any bushes there makes sure that he is not well seen either. Meanwhile, TACTICS, Calissa and Luten sneak about the left building. They, and Epsilon too, notices that here there is an open door and some caved in wall as well. Before reaching the edge of this caved in wall, TACTICS hears something inside the building. It seems like a shuffling sound, brushing along the floor. Only he is currently aware of this sound.

Lycar
2008-04-23, 04:16 PM
Luten moves foreward with Calissa, straining his senses to pick up any signs of life. He can just suppress the instinctive urge to try and sniff the air.

With his shawl in front of his face he wouldn't pick up anything but the scent of wool anyway.

Still he tries to enter a zen-like state of awarenes, banishing both rational thought and instinctive urge alike.

When they approach the far building, Luten begins to crouch a bit, slowing him down but hopefully being able to move more silent and present a smaller silhouette.

Kai-Palin
2008-04-24, 08:12 PM
Liam skirts the holes in the roof, trying to avoid casting a shadow into them, and then hovers slowly closer, until he can peer through one of the larger ones.

Admiral Squish
2008-04-24, 10:49 PM
Epsilon hovers forward over the roof, a good distance up, waiting for the go signal, and keeping his eyes open for anything that would complicate the current plan.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-25, 08:08 AM
((... darn! I forgot to pack my periscope! :smalltongue:))
TACTICS slowly slides backwards, levels with Calissa, and whispers, "There's_something_shuffling_around_in_there."

Silkenfist
2008-04-25, 06:18 PM
Calissa nods and motions to Luten to come closer. As quietly as possible she responds: We can't get past the breach without it seeing us. Let's wait for the others to catch up with us here, then we can concentrate our efforts.

Zweanslord
2008-04-26, 01:44 AM
Epsilon moves over the roof, hovering over it at a greater height than Liam, who is trying to peer through one of the bigger holes without casting a shadow inside. As he does so, he sees a large, almost open, space where once a lot of things would have been stored. In the space only stand large empty racks and some garbage here and there. Outside of your current field of vision, further in the shadows, there may be other interesting things, but as said, that is currently out of the field of vision. What is inside the field of vision, however, is a chair on which a humanoid person seems to be sitting, yawning. He looks around, to the front and back of the building, obviously tasked to keep this place in watch. Meanwhile, Calissa, Luten and TACTICS stand nearby the back entry to the warehouse.

Lycar
2008-04-26, 12:11 PM
Luten

Luten keeps low and nods to Calissa. Better to wait for the group to get into position.

Using the lull in the action, Luten concentrates on his hearing, trying to pick up any telltale noises.

Lycar

Kai-Palin
2008-04-30, 09:16 PM
((Umm... Not really sure what to be doing.))

Liam looks around through the hole, then moves over the roof, trying to find other holes, still mindful of casting a shadow. Once he is done, he will float over to the rest of the group and report anything he saw (shadowy figures, which I'm sure will help a lot).

Admiral Squish
2008-04-30, 09:22 PM
Epsilon continues forward, slowing as he approaches, attempting to synchronize his arrival with that of the others. He moves further up as he does, to take advantage of his ranged attacks to the best of his ability.

((This is the fancy way of saying *twiddles thumbs*))

Zweanslord
2008-05-01, 04:09 AM
Through another hole, Liam sees that there is a small room to the side of the big storage space in the building. It is inside the building, on the side towards the fence. This, he reports to Luten, Calissa and TACTICS, who are near the breach of the building. Epsilon hovers in the air, ready to fly through one of the roof holes or move forward, depending on what the others do.

Now, Calissa, Liam, Luten and TACTICS stand near the breach and the question remains: What do they do now?

Lycar
2008-05-01, 08:03 AM
Luten

Pulling back from the breach in the wall a bit, Luten whipsers to the others.
"If we assume he's a hostile, maybe i should try and knock him out before he can sound an alarm?"

Luten weighs his chances. He is confident that he can knock that guy out if he gets the drop on him. But he cannot sneak up on the guard, so he will have to make a dash up to him, counting on surprise to prevent him from alarming anyone to their presence.

Lycar
2008-05-02, 04:02 PM
Luten

Looking between his companions and getting no response, Luten decides to take the initiative.

"Fine. I'll just try to get to him silently then..."

So Darren approaches the breach, crouching. Peering inside, he tries to get a glimpse at potential cover he could hide behind. Just a lot of junk that one should avoid stepping on.

"Here goes..."

Luten waits for the guard to look the other way before slipping through the breach with (how ironic !) cat-like grace.

Kai-Palin
2008-05-02, 08:24 PM
Liam

"That seems like a good plan. Then most of us move through and remove any other... infectors that we find?"

Liam returns to an overhead viewpoint from which he can see the guard. His hand briefly subscribes a circle through the air about him, and a pale opalescent sheen flickers along its path. The glimmer fades, but Liam feels more secure in his arcane protection ((Used invocation: Entropic Warding))The shimmering around the end of his staff grows especially pronounced as, eyes narrowed, he carefully awaits Luten's arrival, attempting to time his strike with that of the monk.

Zweanslord
2008-05-03, 01:17 AM
Warlock Heroes

Luten crouches towards the breach, making use of shadows and keen observation to move towards the cover of a big box in the large central room of the warehouse. The warehouse is obviously not in good condition, with several holes in the roof, some cracks in walls and garbage lying around. There are several racks and boxes standing around, most of them not ordered well. The space between the racks is enough for most big boxes to be carried through, along with their carriers. A few racks have fallen over and random other things lie around, though mostly there are wooden boxes and some racks with useless things that provide cover.

Indeed, Luten uses a grace-like manner to move swiftly and with sound so soft that only he can hear it. The figure in the distance, definitely a humanoid, seems not to notice Luten at all, allowing Luten to come up really close. However, the last 10 feet are without adequate cover, so Luten will have to move that distance normally to strike. The last 10 feet is without obstructions. Meanwhile, Liam hovers above one of the holes. Luten already saw him, while Liam makes sure that the humanoid will not see him. Epsilon is not far off from Liam, so with a signal from Liam, he can join the fray.

Luten can hear the humanoid mutter to himself: "Why always me stuck with guard duty?" The figure grumbles in a common with a particular accent - most likely somebody who did not entertain a very proper education.

[ooc: Liam, Luten, Epsilon, surprise round. Roll initiative and state the actions for the surprise round and the first round.]

Silkenfist
2008-05-03, 05:25 AM
Calissa slowly follows Luten, carefully placing each step to not alarm the guard. When Luten slips through the breach, she doesn't follow but stays behind the cover of the wall, crouching and ready to jump up and run as soon as she hears the fight begin. While the Blade manifests silently in her right hand, she presses the other one firmly against the ground - not only to brace herself but rather to restrain her fingers from nervously tapping.

As soon as the fight begins, I'll do this:
- If the guard is 50 feet or less away, move in and attack.
- If not, use a double move or run (base movement of 45, Run Feat) to cut off an escape route into the building.
Initiative if needed: [roll0]

Kai-Palin
2008-05-03, 07:12 PM
Liam
Surprise Round
Liam waits until he can see Luten moving forward to attack the sentry, then floats forward and lets fly.

If a hit
A barely visible ripple flashes through the air to strike at the sentry. Where it touches, the man's clothing and skin writhe and shrivel, seams coming undone, cloth fraying, and suddenly papery skin shredding against a still-youthful frame.

If a miss
A creaking sound comes from the (stone or wood?) floor, and a large chunk appears to age visibly, stone becoming brittle and porous, and wood withering away.

First round
Liam dives through the large hole in the ceiling, remaining several (15 if high enough ceiling) feet above the ground, at which point he gathers in his will and releases another entropic bolt at the sentry. If the man fell in the first onslaught, Liam descends to the floor and proceeds to look over the corpse, attempting to avoid physical contact until he can tell whether the body has obvious signs of disease.
Initiative: [roll0] (wow, that's quite pathetic)
Surprise round attack, eldritch blast: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
First round attack, eldritch blast: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Uncle Festy
2008-05-03, 08:21 PM
((Probably should have tried to help sneak up...
Eh, whatever.))
[roll0]

If within 40 ft. of guard
TACTICS leaps from behind the doorway, a small tube emerging from the top of his right forearm. As he nears the guard, he raises his right arm and a net shoots out of the tube, in an attempt to restrain the guard.
((Move: 30 ft towards guard
Free: Draw net
Standard: Throw net))
[roll1]

If further then 40 ft. from guard
TACTICS steps out from behind the doorway, his right index finger opening at the tip. He raises the arm, points at the guard, and a barrage of needles shoot out at the figure standing there. As soon as the barrage ends, TACTICS begins fidgeting with his finger, returning it to it's normal state.
((Free: 5-ft step from behind door
Free: Draw longbow [needle gun]
Standard: Fire longbow [barrage of needles]
Move: Put away longbow))
[roll2]
[roll3]

Zweanslord
2008-05-04, 04:58 AM
The body of the guard falls down on the ground, with a bruised wound in his side from Luten, the other side looking old and with frayed, shredded clothing and skin and with several needles sticking in his torso. The man is completely knocked out and as the group gets a chance to inspect him, it is a human male, dressed in a brown-black filthy garb. His garb is composed out of simple clothes, but a bit thicker, giving him a somewhat rough look. He has black hair and seems somewhere in his twenties if it weren't for Liam's blast. There do not seem to be obvious signs of the disease, though this man does seem very pale. With further inspection, the nails of his left hand seem to be elongated and sharp, almost claw-like. If you search through the pockets of his jacket, you will find six coppers, a now blood-stained revealing sketch of the human female anatomy and a circular pin. The pin has a triangle on it with the point sticking up and the base being more round. The triangle seems to be somewhat yellow-white, while the remainder of the pin seems to be red.

Lycar
2008-05-04, 10:10 AM
Luten did his best to remain unseen and unheard as he snuck up on the guard. But he owed his success more to the inattentivenes of the guard then his own skill as he became more careles the closer he got to his prey target.

When he was but 10' away, there was no more cover to hide behind. And from the depth of his subconsciousnes, something stirred and came awake. Luten sprang into action, covering the last few feet in a dash, his gaze locked on the man's throat, ready to deliver a killing blow to his neck.

Just in the last moment Luten realized what he was about to do and he redirected his blow to the man's midriff, aiming for the solar plexus, where a strong hit would have a good chance of taking the man out of commission without actually killing him.

When his blow connects solidly, sending the man deep into the abyss of unconsciousnes, a short feeling of savage satifaction overcomes Luten and he can just suppress the urge to voice the triumph of the kill.

But the he realizes that Liam and Tactics also found their mark, their attacks having caused serious injuries.

Stiffling a curse, Luten checks the man's vital signs.

Lycar

Zweanslord
2008-05-04, 10:24 AM
The man is alive, but as said, unconscious. He does not seem to be in danger of dying at current and will most likely be unconscious for quite some hours.

Uncle Festy
2008-05-04, 10:32 AM
((Sorry. I was also hesitant to go lethal, but everyone else was...
I still was going for the net, if in range. I guess it wasn't.))

Silkenfist
2008-05-05, 01:37 AM
Calissa joins the others in examining the unconscious guard. What are these things? Did they use him for experiments or something? The needles could well mean something has been injected in him. And that pin... she removes it from the pocket and holds it against the scarce light. I'd guess it is some sort of identification mark amongst them...whoever they are. She casually tosses it into the air and catches it again. Any takers?

Lycar
2008-05-06, 12:47 PM
Luten

Luten gives an annoyed look at Clarissa and whispers at her urgently "These are Tactics needles.. and pipe down or do you want to alert his friends!?"

After checking the man and finding him in no immediate danger of dying, Luten goes and checks the doorway the man was guarding. Straining to listen, he tries to make out any noise he could pick up, praying that his comrades will not ruin their stealthy approach.

Lycar

Zweanslord
2008-05-06, 01:09 PM
The door the man was guarding is to the side opposing the side you entered in. It is a normal door, open, besides a large closed doors. The large closed doors were obviously meant for carts to be pulled through where they could be unloaded in the warehouse. Looking from the open door, Luten sees the central field amidst the three buildings. From that position, he sees that a normal door of the other warehouse on the side facing the fence is located near large closed doors as well. The normal door seems to be barely open and no sound can currently be heard. The door he sees, as well as the door he is currently standing with, are old doors and the four tiny windows set in a square in each of the doors seem to have suffered from time, with some of them being shattered open a long time ago.

Silkenfist
2008-05-06, 02:04 PM
Calissa rolls her eyes at Luten's remark but continues with a quieter voice. You see... the idea of a guard is not to post them where the main force is just around the corner. With a short-lived amused smile, she takes a peek through the door herself. That's... inconveniently open. She looks around for any form of building or concealment that could help them cross the distance.

Zweanslord
2008-05-06, 02:38 PM
There is no concealment for the distance from this door to the currently visible door of the other warehouse or the door visible in the distance to the not-warehouse building. If there is somebody at the windows of the far not-warehouse building, that somebody could see you crossing the distance. However, the distance is short, so if nobody is looking.. an alternative option is to go out this warehouse the way you come in and walk along the outer walls of both warehouses until you reach the back of the other warehouse. Though there the light as notified by the others comes from..

Lycar
2008-05-06, 04:12 PM
Luten checks the outside and, upon not sensing any other living beings, relaxes a bit.

Still, he keeps his voice low as he reports back to the others "Okay, seems like there is no one else outside at the moment. There are more doors leading to the other buildings, one of them slightly ajar. Maybe we should check that one next."

"So, you found anything?"

Admiral Squish
2008-05-06, 05:04 PM
Epsilon sinks through a hole in the roof, shutting off his flight systems, but keeping the flaps open in case a hasty vertical exit is needed. He sidles over to the rest of the group and takes his own peek around the door-frame, not speaking as of yet. Asses the situation first.

Spot: [roll0]

Zweanslord
2008-05-07, 11:25 AM
Epsilon does not see anything else than the others saw. There are no other creatures in sight and none are visible by any windows, though shadows and distance might have made that hard anyway. The path to the barely open door is without concealment, but shorter than walking around.

Lycar
2008-05-08, 03:17 PM
Luten

"Fine. Let's move on then. Wanna come along?"

Luten waits for his comrades answers, then goes on to sneak up on the not-quite-closed door.

Lycar

Uncle Festy
2008-05-08, 04:54 PM
TACTICS follows, with stealth settings on max.

Admiral Squish
2008-05-08, 07:18 PM
Epsilon follows behind them into the room silently, but a soft whine sets him into the air again, following above and behind the group, keeping his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.

Spot (again): [roll0]

Zweanslord
2008-05-12, 03:41 AM
Liam and Calissa stay behind to cover up the other three who move through the open terrain. They sneak through grass and over the path to the door, which has been mostly overgrown. As they reach the door and listen, they can hear a faint noise from inside, yet it is clear that the noise is faint because it comes from further away. Reaching the door, they again hear some noise echoing through the warehouse and it is obvious that the noise is not nearby, rather to the far end of the warehouse. Meanwhile, Epsilon looks out to see if there is nothing out of the ordinary and he is indeed confident that there is nothing out of the ordinary, it seems like nobody has noticed them yet.

Coming to the door, you can look through the small opening and see a familiar picture. A large room of a warehouse with a lot of racks, garbage and holes in the ceiling. There does not appear to be anybody inside. What is visible is partial light shining on the walls. It is most likely the light from the other end of the warehouse, on the outside, which is shining through the opening of a door or breach there.

If you open the door further, it is obvious nobody is inside - it seems like the only guard is the one the group spotted earlier. The door on the other side of the warehouse leading to the source of light is not visible from here, hidden behind some full racks. A breach in the further away left wall is visible, though. To get to the open door on the other side or look at it, you will have to manoeuvre through the warehouse past boxes and racks. It seems relatively easy, since there is lots of cover.

Lycar
2008-05-12, 04:14 PM
Luten checks out what he can see through the door.

"Hm. Seems to be clear. Let us get closer then. Just let me check that door..."

He proceeds to check the upper side of the door, to see if anything is balanced on it, to fall down when the door opens or something. It would be a pretty primitive trap/alarm-system but since they are not in a hurry, it won't hurt to look.

Search check +8 please.

Lycar

Zweanslord
2008-05-12, 04:33 PM
There does not seem to be any trap mechanism attached and/or near the door as far as Luten can see. And that while an old, used up bucket is lying on the ground near a rack just a few feet away.

Silkenfist
2008-05-13, 07:39 AM
Looks clear. Calissa follows the others swiftly and takes a look at the interior of the warehouse herself. She braces one arm against the wall and lifts a finger. Which way shall we take? she whispers. Through that mess or over the roof?

Lycar
2008-05-13, 12:44 PM
Luten considers this for a moment.

"I'll take my chances with the clutter, better to hide behind. But our fliers could as well take advantage of their... flying."

If no other ideas or objections are raised, Luten begins to infiltrate the other building with uncanny speed. He may not be a master of stealth but he doesn't seem to need to slow down much either. It is almost as if this comes naturally to him.

Lycar

Admiral Squish
2008-05-14, 11:45 AM
Epsilon nods to Luten, and goes up once more, hovering over the racks towards the source of the light, but advancing slowly so the rest could keep up on their more winding path through the racks.

Zweanslord
2008-05-15, 04:40 AM
As Epsilon moves up the sky, over the roof, he finds it easy to see the way Luten and Calissa move, due to the holes in the roof. Likewise, Luten and Calissa find it easy to detect Epsilon through the holes, in a way that the three of them are aware of each other without somebody being able to detect them from the open door, further away.

As Calissa and Luten sneak through the warehouse, they see that who ever these people may be, they did not care about this place that much due to all the garbage lying around. Most of it is garbage from when this place got deserted, but a small part of it seems generated by who ever stayed here for a while. While sneaking through the warehouse, they see that to the far right side of the warehouse, there is an office. There are some windows there and a door, but all of them are broken and it is clear nobody is residing there. The way seems free to move towards the door and they discover no real problems. Calissa had to instruct Luten once that he almost stepped on a bottle, while Luten prevented Calissa from stepping in the light in a relatively uncovered area. Eventually, they make their way closer to the door until they can hear and see things. Epsilon, likewise, is now closer so he hears things.

From the area behind the warehouse there comes light. Epsilon can see the light from beyond the warehouse, while Calissa and Luten see it through the door. It is obvious that the light is a campfire, and from it, several sounds can be heard. Mostly laughter and a relatively cheerful mood. Luten can pick up "..did you see how I beat up that old lady?", while Calissa picks up the reply "..lizardfolk was more fun to beat up! Do you remember.." Then all three can hear one of them saying loudly "Anyone want some beer?" This is met with agreement. Luckily, none of them is in danger of being detect, as the man who shouted that stays outside and starts to move to the building to the right. Then, Luten hears: "..wait until.. ..gets back!"

Admiral Squish
2008-05-15, 04:52 PM
Epsilon Balls his fist, but his sentience frame was in conflict with the rigid programming of his sub-processors. The sentience frame wanted to charge in a pound away on these transgressors, but his programs told him simultaneously to wait for an order from his superiors, to find a more advantageous position and blast from there, to try a diplomatic solution, and to collapse the roof on them. Since none was given more priority than the others, he was paralyzed, his body trying to do all at once and succeeding at none.

Uncle Festy
2008-05-15, 05:51 PM
((I was about to respond to Epsilon here, but then I realized he was RPing the pause. :smalltongue:
Anyways, sorry I haven't been as active as I'd like. Freaking blocks thinking that Giantitpgames was a gaming site...
EDIT: Ahh, forgot the IC stuff for the post.))
TACTICS looks around to see if there's any angle that he could see into the office from.

Lycar
2008-05-15, 07:25 PM
Luten decides to stay put for the moment, watching and listening, trying to get a feel for the situation, number of foes, possible angles of attack and such.

You could say, he is stalking the place...

Spot and listen checks in anticipation of the return of our GM:

Spot: [roll0] / Listen [roll1]

Zweanslord
2008-05-18, 04:08 PM
As Epsilon was paralysed, TACTICS finds an angle to look nicely in the office, since almost any angle will provide some sight in the office. He just sees the usual garbage there with some racks, though this office also seems to have a chest of drawers. In the mean time, Luten looks and listens, but from the listening he just hears some more laughter and bragging. Using his position to sneak a look outside, he sees at least three from the angle he is currently positioned. They are humanoids and likely humans at that, though he mostly sees a silhouette from here due to the campfire.

Silkenfist
2008-05-18, 04:31 PM
Calissa relaxes somewhat. It seems they weren't up against professionals but some ragtag thugs who were just about to inebriate themselves. She looks for routes to the other side of the campfire in order to surround them.

Zweanslord
2008-05-19, 08:19 AM
There are basically four routes to get to the campfire. Go through the door from inside the warehouse, go from the outside of the warehouse on the left side towards the campfire, go from the outside of the warehouse on the right side towards the campfire or move outside towards the line of trees and circle around until you are on the other side of the campfire. Disadvantage is that the tree line is quite far away from the campfire compared to the three other routes, with the warehouse door being the closest to the campfire.

Silkenfist
2008-05-22, 12:18 PM
Calissa signals to get away from the campfire before debating plans. When they are safely away from the enemy, she keeps one eye in their direction while whispering to others. Even though their deeds were horrible... I would feel bad about just charging in and risking unnecessary deaths. They might be driven by a disease like a rabid animal that can't control its bite. We can at least give them a chance to surrender. We could split up and send two of us to the treeline and have them approach them with the offer to surrender. Should they refuse to comply, the other three can stand on either end of the Warehouse and the entrance itself to cut off the escape routes.

Lycar
2008-05-22, 03:03 PM
Luten

Luten nods. "Sounds good to me. Let's do this. Remember that i'm the one with pugilistic training. Let me knock them out if it's all the same to you."

If the rest of the team concurs, Luten will go on and implement the plan.

Lycar

Uncle Festy
2008-05-22, 09:27 PM
"Sounds good. I can net one of them down, if necessary."

Lycar
2008-05-23, 07:29 PM
Luten

Luten nods his consent to the others once, then slips out to take the long route along the treeline.

Again, while he doesn't appear to have real stealth training, he moves with a sort of uncanny grace, allowing him to be much quicker while still being reasonably unobstrusive then he ought to have a right to. Maybe it's just inborn talent or something.

Upon reaching the first tree, Luten pauses to gain his bearings. Then he continues to move from tree to tree, untill he is at the agreed position.

Preparing himself for a charge, Luten tries to pick out the most likely prey opponent to strike at.

When the signal is given, Luten emerges from his cover and charges his target, aiming his fist at the hapless foe's kidneys (or other vital point), hammering it home with an almost feral snarl, still being scrupulous about not inflicting lasting harm while incapaciating his quarry.

Admiral Squish
2008-05-23, 09:00 PM
With one of the subprocessors satisfied, he moves into position above the group of transgressors, taking a bead on one of them through the holes in the ceiling. Seeing themselves bested, the rest of the processors shifted into line with the current plan. Aligned, the dearth of processing power made time itself seem to slow. It brought incredible clarity to everything around him. Noting the request for nonlethal, a signal coursed down his arm, and a soft hiss sounded, nearly inaudible, as a plate slid out of the back of his hand, coming down over the leading edge of his knuckles. The hiss continued for a moment as the 'plate' became suddenly not a plate, inflating into a oval-shaped cushion of compressed air that covered all the blunt surfaces of the leading end of his fist.

Readied action to blast away on one of the targets, nonlethally, should he hear the signal.

Silkenfist
2008-05-27, 04:06 AM
Calissa smirks. If we have the luxury of choice Luten, I will certainly leave them to you. I'll be heading towards the right side of the Warehouse, cutting off their escape route there. Maybe the entrance here should be guarded by one of us who isn't blessed with flight or speed. She ponders some of their options. And when we offer them to surrender. Maybe the group coming from the woods should do so. We will have most problems, should they try to flee there and we can discourage them from heading towards there that way.

Zweanslord
2008-05-29, 01:24 PM
Epsilon hovers in the sky, while Luten has made his way to the trees. He sees that there are about six sitting on logs around a campfire, with one log unoccupied. They are making their joyful noise, bragging and the like. The seventh still has not returned from the other building. The six seem completely unaware of anybody in the vicinity.

Lycar
2008-05-29, 05:04 PM
Luten

Luten settles down in his spot and waits for the signal to strike.

(Probably best to wait for the last guy to return too... but whenever the signal comes, i will be ready.)

Uncle Festy
2008-05-29, 05:14 PM
"I'm ready." TACTICS prepares to arm whatever weapon becomes necessary.

Lycar
2008-06-02, 05:27 PM
Luten

(Except... how are they going to give a signal. Oh well, i better take some initiative here. They had time enough to get into position...)

Taking a deep breath and steeling his resolve, Luten steps out of hiding and boldly approaches the group of thugs, until he is about 30 feet away from them.

Provided that they let him get that close, Luten will look at each of them in turn and then declare: "You are all under arrest. Come along quietly and there will be no trouble."

Luten knows that he isn't very intimidating. He knows there will be trouble. And while some part of him fears this, some other part almost looks foreward to it...

Lycar

Silkenfist
2008-06-02, 06:10 PM
Calissa heads off to the right side of the Warehouse, treading carefully across the damaged floor in order not to alert their opponents. When she leaves the Warehouse and sneaks around it, she whispers into the empty night. Blade! Moments later, a translucent herold's scroll manifests in her hand.
Not. Funny.I thought this was more befitting of your preferred course of action. I pondered between this and a horn, actually.
You know I just want to give them a chance.
I believe the word you are looking for is 'risk', as in 'risk for more innocents to come to harm'.
What happened to innocent until proven guilty. As a matter of fact, we might have picked the wrong guys.
Oh sure. And you think they wouldn't feel provoked just the same as our targets?
Just... just reshape yourself. This is not the time.
Ooh, now we are all about efficiency. Very well...
Calissa represses the urge to punch the wall as the thing in her hand reshapes itself to a shortsword.

Uncle Festy
2008-06-02, 07:24 PM
TACTICS prepares (readies an action) to launch his net at the first person who moves.
((If and/or when that happens…))
TACTICS steps forward, launching a net from the back of his hand. "Don't. Move."

Zweanslord
2008-06-03, 03:35 AM
Yay - Roll initiative and state your first course of action with appropriate rolls.

Round 1

Initiative of the thugs: [roll0]
They, obviously, do not like it and are ready to jump up from their sitting places! However, one gets a net flung at him when that happens and TACTICS steps out. "No way we will give up without a fight!" "Bring it on, bub!"

There are six thugs. TACTICS flings a net at Thug6 and due to readying, his initiative is Thugs+1 (thus 20) and his actions are stated for round 1 (throwing net). Please roll the appropriate rolls.

Lycar
2008-06-03, 03:41 PM
Luten

(Well, nobody can say we didn't ask nicely...)

Luten waits for the enemies to surrender. They don't. He's not really surprised.

Init: [roll0]

Luten heads straight for what he presumes is the leader of the group and, feinting a blow to the face, ducks in the last moment to sweep out the legs under him.

He's not really making a feint manouver, just move and trip attack.
Touch attack: [roll1] / Trip check: [roll2]

If success: Attack (subdual): [roll3] , damage [roll4]

Uncle Festy
2008-06-03, 04:37 PM
((Huh. Dunno how long the rope is... let's say 10 ft.?
Anyways, [roll0] (using 1 IP for Cunning Inspiration; 3/4 IPs left), [roll1] (opposed STR check to control the rope).
That should be all the rolling necessary. See prior post for fluffy stuff.))

Silkenfist
2008-06-03, 06:21 PM
Seeing the thugs rise and face Luten, Calissa moves towards the campfire. She balances the Blade in two fingers, ready to hurl it, should the thugs give her a reason. For one moment she hesitates, then aims lower in order to hit hips and legs only.

Initiative: [roll0]

Move 45 feet towards the fire or until I am 30 feet away from them whatever comes first. Then, ready an action to attack with nonlethal force should one of them make a break to get away.

Admiral Squish
2008-06-03, 10:51 PM
As they cry out in protest, somethink clicks in Epsilon's arm. Everything below the elbow flies forward very suddenly, propelled by a blue teardrop of energy, much like his flight units. It spiraled through the hole in the roof and struck hard against the villain in his sights, the cushion of air protecting his target from the worst.

Initiative: [roll0]
Touch attack (probably flatfooted target): [roll1]
Damage (nonlethal): [roll2]

Zweanslord
2008-06-04, 02:09 AM
Round 1

Luten vs Thug1
"Take this!" He shouts, as he strikes with his fist.
Hit: [roll0], Damage: [roll1], If hit, Fort DC 14 or [roll2] Str damage.
"You won't trip me!" Resist: [roll3]
"Or perhaps you do trip me.."

Thug4 vs Luten
"I will take you on too, stupid!" One says, moving over to the other side of Luten to flank him. This one also seems to make use of the opportunity to strike with slight claws on his fist.
Hit: [roll4], Damage: [roll5]", if hit, Fort DC 14 or [roll6] Str Damage.

Thug6 vs Luten
"Cough! Cough!" The last thug says as he tries to strike Luten.
Hit: [roll7], Damage: [roll8]".

TACTICS vs Thug2
The net swings towards the Thug and said thug finds himself entangled by a stupid net. Cursing loudly, he tries to get rid of the control.
Opposed strength [roll9]

Success or not, he moves towards TACTICS to beat him up with a punch. "Why you!"
Hit: [roll10], Damage: [roll11], if hit, Fort DC 14 or [roll12] Str damage.

Thug3 vs TACTICS
With a tumble, he moves towards the side of TACTICS, making sure to flank him with Thug2. "No hurtin' me bro!" He said before striking down with his fists. However, this one seems to make use of the opportunity to strike with slight claws on his fist.
Hit: [roll13], Damage: [roll14]", if hit, Fort DC 14 or [roll15] Str Damage.

Calissa vs Thug5
"I am gonna warn da boss." This one mutters to himself as he runs away. You can catch him up now to hit. (move+attack for round1)

Epsilon vs Thug3
"Haha! You missed!" Says the Thug as he jumped away from the attack.

Initiative
TACTICS 20
Thugs 19
Calissa 18
Epsilon 10
Luten 9

Zweanslord
2008-06-04, 02:14 AM
Thug6 vs Luten
Crit Confirm: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

TACTICS, you can act for round 2, Calissa can take her action of round 1. Luten can go take an AoO already against the one he tripped - he is standing up.

Silkenfist
2008-06-04, 05:56 AM
Calissa had expected just that and was quick to get to her feet. She falls into a steady jog to keep up with the thug without losing her ability to aim. When she approaches her target, she raises the blade over her shoulder and lets it fly over her shoulder, trying to hit shoulder and arm rather than causing fatal damage.

Move action to follow, throw the Blade at the fleeing Thug.

-4 to attack for going nonlethal:

Attack: [roll0]
Nonlethal damage from the Blade: [roll1]
Lethal Damage from the Runes of Guilt: [roll2]

Lycar
2008-06-04, 12:51 PM
Luten finds himself surrounded by 3 opponents but he doesn't seem too concerned. Or maybe he just doesn't show it.

Nimbly dodging a blow aimed at him and tripping the perpetrator in return, he just catches a mean strike going for his head out of the corner of his eyes. Luten manages to evade it, if barely, in return receiving a solid hit from the third attacker.

He still gets to use the opportunity to kick at the guy he just downed though.

Attack of Opportunity: [roll0] +4 for prone target. On hit do [roll1] subdual damage.

Lycar

Uncle Festy
2008-06-04, 05:25 PM
TACTICS seems about to be hit by both of the strikes, but twists out of the way of one of them. ((Spending an IP against Thug3's attack to up my AC from 19 to 23, avoiding the attack entirely)). However, the other attack gets a solid hit, weakening the structure of TACTIC's body as well as draining power from his motors. ((taking 6 damage, and 3 str damage if save fails. [roll0] EDIT: Huzzah! Save=success!)) Dropping the net's rope ((free action)), he rolls backwards, denying his foes the opportunity to attack again and getting closer to the fleeing foe ((move action - tumble to avoid AoOs [roll1], two foes is a DC of 17, which I think is an auto-succeed)). He comes up from the roll firing his needlegun at the fleeing foe ((Standard action, spending an IP on damage - [roll2], [roll3])).
((Now down to 1 IP. Hope this encounter ends soon. :smalleek::smallbiggrin:))

Zweanslord
2008-06-05, 02:29 AM
[ooc: No Crit confirm on Luten]

Turn 2

Thug1, 4 and 6 vs Luten

"Curse you infidel!" says Thug1, obviously nonlethally hurt pretty much. "Feel this punch! And stop coughing on me!" "Cough!"

Thug1: Hit: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Thug4: Hit: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Thug6: Hit: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]

Thug2 and 3 vs TACTICS

"Rawr!" "Come back 'ere!" They run back to TACTICS, making sure that one is flanking him again by the time they surround him.

Thug2: Hit: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]
Thug3: Hit: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]

Thug5

"My leg! Curse you, you @!^%!)@%!" He shouts, obviously in quite the nonlethal pain, but he continues on, making a double move. Calissa can charge him.

Zweanslord
2008-06-05, 02:32 AM
[ooc: Why am I rolling so good? At least I didn't confirm this crit either. :smalltongue:]

Thug3: Crit Confirm: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

[Your turn, fellows, now go and beat them up!]

Lycar
2008-06-05, 03:06 PM
Luten finds himself in a situation he doesn't like at all, surrounded by hostiles who know how to fight. Feeling like a bear surrounded by a pack of wolves, always being attacked by the one he is not facing and taking painful hits, Luten has to really pull himself together to remember the things he learned at the martial arts school.

Immediately his stance shifts, his motions become more fluid and he weaves and ducks between the attacks of his assailants, making it somewhat harder for them to even touch him.

Then, in a flurry of activity, he crouches and kicks at the first thug's knee, intending to topple him and almost instantly shifts his weight, his other foot seeking purchase at the heel of the second thug and pulling.

Down to 10 hp, time to fight defensivly. BAB drops to 0, AC goes up to 25. Next, Flurry of Blows, two Trip attacks to thugs #1 and #2.

Trip #1: [roll0], Trip check: [roll1]

Trip #2: [roll2], Trip check: [roll3]

Uncle Festy
2008-06-05, 04:50 PM
*thunk*
*thwak*
TACTICS grunts in pain ((yes, he's a robot, yes, he feels pain to some extent, get over it :smalltongue:)), but tumbles ten feet backwards backwards ((move action, dodging AoOs, auto success still, I think)). He pulls a vial from some recesses of his storage space ((as a free action - I love quick draw! :smallcool:)) and stands up in one fluid motion, before tossing the flask of Alchemist's Fire at the more menacing of his assailants ((standard action to throw at thug three. [roll0]; [roll1]; [roll2])).
((Oh, and what do I do about my daily spells? :smallconfused:))

Admiral Squish
2008-06-05, 06:57 PM
Epsilon's fist snaps back to his elbow, and immediately fires again for the goon he'd missed before, the pad leading, the arcane teardrops flaring on his back and sides as they readjusted his position and compensated for the blast.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Silkenfist
2008-06-05, 07:17 PM
Calissa keeps up with ease, looking for an opportunity to bring her opponent to a halt without just backstabbing him. She opens her hand to have the Blade return to it. With two quick leaps, she catches up and swings the blade in a wide arc to leave a deep cut in her opponents leg. Don't you dare to run. There is no escaping your responsibility.

Once again, I'll try to leave nonlethal wounds.

Zweanslord
2008-06-06, 02:56 AM
Initiative
TACTICS 20
Thugs 19
Calissa 18
Epsilon 10
Luten 9

Thug5

"@%!!!$#%!%" Was the last he cursed before he fell down, beaten unconscious by the strike.

Thug1, 4 and 6 vs Luten

"Can't hit me." "My mother could hit better than that!" "Cough!"

Thug1: Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Thug4: Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Thug6: Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]

Thug2 and 3 vs TACTICS

"Miss me, miss me, can't catch me." Thug3 said towards Epsilon, only to get hit by an alchemists fire. "Cursed fire!" "Get 'im!"

Thug2: Attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]
Thug3: Attack: [roll8] Damage: [roll9]

Calissa is withing charging range of Thug2 or 3.

Lycar
2008-06-06, 07:29 AM
Having found his combat rythm, Luten finally manages to evade the constant attacks of his assailants. Still, his fruitless efforts at tripping two of them leave him frustrated and he just locks on thug #1 and growls deep in his throat, before letting go with a single mighty punch.

Feinting thug #1, Bluff [roll0], attack (bashing, nonlethal): [roll1], damage [roll2] + SA [roll3]

Lycar

Zweanslord
2008-06-06, 07:38 AM
With a single, pushing and mighty strike, Luten hits Thug1, who goes: "Ooompfh." And then collapses on the ground from the hit, knocked out with that powerful blow. blow.

Uncle Festy
2008-06-06, 10:43 AM
Tactics rolls backwards again. "Neener neener, you can't catch me!" he shouts, in an attempt to draw attention from the bag he pulls from his storage compartment...
((Tumble back 30 ft, draw a bag of marbles, readied action to spill them out under the feet of the thug that's not on fire when he's five feet away from me.))

Silkenfist
2008-06-06, 12:53 PM
Calissa pays a brief look at the convict, assuring herself that it wouldn't get up again just now. Turning around, she faces the Melee. She picks up speed again while readying the Blade for the strike - keeping it loosely in her hand, so it wouldn't leave gashes too deep. For Justice!

Charge, then attack nonlethally.

Zweanslord
2008-06-09, 01:02 PM
Epsilon can still act from last round, but already posting this. If he kills something in his round, I will edit that in.

Thug4 and 6 vs Luten
"I will make you pay for that!" "Cough!" And with that, the two take a quick step so they both flank Luten again.

Thug4: Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]
Thug6: Attack: [roll2], Damage: [roll3]

Thug3
"I'm on #@!%!@^ fire! I'm on #!%!%#! fire!" Said Thug3, who tries to exintguish the flames.

Damage: [roll4], Reflex: [roll5].

Thug5

"Hah, take me on you!" Said Thug5 as Calissa went charging to him, until he got a blow to the head from Calissa. "You will pay!"

Thug5: Attack: [roll6], Damage: [roll7]

Admiral Squish
2008-06-09, 02:58 PM
Epsilon is emotionless and efficient as he readjusts his position to get a clear shot on the now-burning thug and sends his fist out once again, flying forth on it's chain to strike the hapless thug.

Once again..
Damage: Attack: [roll1]

Lycar
2008-06-09, 03:37 PM
Luten

Now that Luten managed to find his rythm, the goons find it impossible for them to connect with any more attacks. Emboldened by his telling blow taking out the first opponent, Luten tries to trip his foes again.

Again he crouches and sweeps for thug #4's legs but this time he follows through with the motion to also hit thug #6 on the way round.

Flurry of trips (which are only at -1, not -2, forgot about the +1 to-hit from Str.)

Trip touch goon #4: [roll0], trip check [roll1]

Trip touch goon #6: [roll2], trip check [roll3]

If Luten manages to trip one or both of the thugs, he will use his free 5' step to step on the side of the downed thug or thug #4 if both are either down or up.

Admiral Squish
2008-06-09, 03:47 PM
The fist snapped back as it missed it's target once again, and immediately shot forth again, crossing the distance in an instant, his back-thrusters flaring to compensate for the blast.

Silkenfist
2008-06-10, 02:58 PM
Calissa slowly shakes her head while staying alert to counter the next blow. If you can't justify your actions, then at least fight in silence. Try not to lose the last hint of dignity you have. She twists the blade in her hand and swings again, aiming to connect the flat side to her opponent's head.

Once again a nonlethal strike
Attack:[roll0]

Zweanslord
2008-06-14, 06:07 AM
TACTICS can still take an action before this.

Thug4 and 6 vs Luten
Thug4 is hit by Luten's trip attempt, but if he falls down is another question..
Resist check: [roll0] If fail, he falls down and will try to get up, provoking an Attack of Opportunity.

After that, the thugs continue to try to hit Luten desperately, with Thug6 moving to flank Luten again. "Cough!" "Yes, cough on him!"

Thug4: Attack: [roll1], Damage: [roll2]
Thug6: Attack: [roll3], Damage: [roll4]

Thug3 and 5 vs Calissa

Moving towards Calissa to flank her, Thug3, now no longer on fire, still says "Nyah, nyah, you could not even hit the warehouse if you tried!" towards Epsilon. Meanwhile, Thug5 wavers a bit under Calissa's strikes, but still keeps going.

Thug3: Attack: [roll5], Damage: [roll6]
Thug5: Attack: [roll7], Damage: [roll8]

Lycar
2008-06-14, 06:48 AM
Luten

Luten manages to make one goon fall hard, as soon as that one tries to rise again, Luten kicks for his head.

Attack from successful trip: [roll0], damage: [roll1],
AoO : [roll2], damage [roll3], both vs. a prone target.
Subdual damage only.

Admiral Squish
2008-06-16, 06:29 PM
Epsilon is incapable of frustration, only mechanical precision, which seemed to be off today. Perhaps it was the lighting.

Sigh... Elditch Blast... Again.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lycar
2008-06-19, 02:21 PM
Luten

Luten gets mighty tired of having to deal with two foes all by himself and decides to end this. He growls at goon #4 for a moment, then goes for a brutal kick to his midriff.

Feint: [roll0], attack: [roll1], damage [roll2], if applicable sneak attack damage [roll3]

Still subdual damage.

Lycar

Kai-Palin
2008-06-20, 05:45 PM
((I'm back. If you don't mind, I'll come in and help now.))
Liam

Observing the battle from a leisurely height overhead, Liam's mind wandered. Hearing the increasing urgency of grunts and curses from below brought his attention back to its proper place. Thinking briefly about that to which he had witnessed but not paid much attention, he is alarmed by the constant coughing of one of the thugs. In a flash, his mind jumps from the seemingly diseased victims on the streets to the coughing thug below, and he begins reviewing coughing diseases. Meanwhile, he resolves to render the coughing thug below more... researchable.

Flying in closer (~80 feet or so, and 20 in the air), Liam brandishes his rod of holly wood and a blaze of power gathers around the end before dissolving into a narrow beam that lashes toward the thug.

Attack, Eldritch Spear: [roll0]

Also, I'm thinking that I could just go at initiative 5, but I'll roll if you want me to do so.

Uncle Festy
2008-06-20, 06:05 PM
((Oh right. That reminds me.))
TACTICS draws his greatsword, steps forward so that he's flanking thug #3 (because he's in front of Callisa, right?), and whacks the thug. "Forgot about me, did you? Big mistake."
(([roll0]
[roll1]))

Zweanslord
2008-06-21, 02:29 AM
[Calissa can still take an action from the previous round.]

Thug4 and 6 vs Luten
"Oof! Argh!" Says Thug4, looking beaten up from the various attacks, including the sneaky strike from the last attack. "Hey.. cougher.. go beat him up. I'll.. uhh.. go help the others." And with that, Thug4 moves away, looking a bit dazed from all the punches and provokes an AoO. "Cough!"
Thug4 provokes AoO and just moves.
Thug6: Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

Thug3 and 5 vs Calissa/TACTICS
Thug3 is getting beat up by TACTICS, however he and Thug5 are still standing. Thug 5 now attacks TACTICS, forsaking his flanking bonus in the process. Both Calissa and TACTICS are currently flanking Thug3.
Thug3 vs Calissa: Attack: [roll2], Damage: [roll3]
Thug5 vs TACTICS: Attack: [roll4], Damage: [roll5]

Epsilon and Liam
As if struck by a curse of bad luck, neither have been able to hit anything so far..
[Liam, init 5 is fine]

And the turn is for the Heroes again.

Lycar
2008-06-21, 02:56 AM
Luten

Luten unleashes a kick at the fleeing goon.

"Oh no! You don't!"

AoO: [roll0], damage [roll1]

Zweanslord
2008-06-21, 03:11 AM
With a mighty blow, Luten kicks out the sense of Thug4, who falls unconscious on the ground. This only leaves Thug6, coughing, before Luten.

Lycar
2008-06-23, 02:47 AM
Luten drops his guard and goes for a mighty swing to the last opponents face, intending to end this fight. Now!

Feint: [roll0] / Attack: [roll1] / damage: [roll2] / SA: [roll3]

Zweanslord
2008-06-23, 03:03 AM
"CouooOOF!" goes the coughing Thug6, who gets knocked to the ground, unconscious, by the mighty swing of Luten. Only Thug3 and Thug5 remain still standing.

Uncle Festy
2008-06-23, 07:14 AM
((I'll take another whack at thug three, assuming I still flank him.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Then I'm gone until the 25th. See you all then! :smallsmile:))

Admiral Squish
2008-06-29, 10:22 AM
Do I even have to type it all out?

Zweanslord
2008-06-29, 10:51 AM
Thug3 & 5 vs Calissa and TACTICS

Calissa attacks Thug 5 [rolling her for these rounds of the combat]
Previous previous Round: Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
And with this blow, the Thug is hurt enough that he is knocked to the ground at the start of this round. Then, she strikes at Thug3 with a heavy blow.
Previous Round: Attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

Thug3 attacks TACTICS, while Thug5 strikes at Calissa. Thug3 is within charging range of Luten.
Thug3 vs TACTICS: Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5]
Thug5 vs Calissa: Attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]

Epsilon

Unfortunately, he misses again.

End of round, every go again.

Thug3 seems hurt, and if you manage to deal 8 damage to him, he will be out of the fight as well, ending combat.

Lycar
2008-06-29, 02:57 PM
Luten spot one last enemy still standing and his hurting ribs call out to him to bring some pain back.

Taking a short sprint and launching himself into the air, Luten seeks to knock out his foe with a flying jump kick.

Actually that is a trip attack: [roll0], trip check [roll1] , follow up attack [roll2], damage [roll3]. Also, no more combat expertise. Luten wants to finish this.

Zweanslord
2008-07-20, 07:46 AM
While Luten misses the Thug, the remainder of the group manages to take out the last thug swiftly in a nonlethal fashion.

Looking over it all, they see that the thugs are now beaten. Some of the Equalizers are quite wounded, but they will manage. With the thugs knocked out, the team of Heroes has only one building left to explore. There they find two thugs sleeping, which they more than easily manage to overpower (due to some proper sneaking from those sneakworthy in the group). Within the last building, near the overpowered thugs, the Equalizer team finds a stash of poison, potions, beer and illegal drugs. Part of this poison was used on the nails of the thugs they fought and which they used in combat. Well, except the one who was effected by the poison and was coughing all the time.

Moving out of this place, the thugs are turned in to the right instantiations, either by moving them over or by giving a proper tip to the right instantiations. The news reaches the papers and the heroes are praised. The wounds the thugs inflicted upon their earlier victims are able to be treated due to the analysis of the drugs. The thugs themselves are, with the aid of Calissa's true identity as lawyer, sent to jail with a heavy sentence.

And so, for this night, the city is safe again. The Equalizers being victorious this day, they go on to fight many other criminals and villians and protect the city from peril.

The End