PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Monkeys (we revere them, no hatez0rz)

Albub
2008-04-08, 06:24 PM
The thread title's pretty self explanatory, but they're absolutely mind-blowingly amazing. Look into them if you haven't heard of them, they're the first band since Soundgarden to make me smile involuntarily at how good their music is, and I listen to everything.

Tengu
2008-04-08, 06:27 PM
What genre are they?

I've never heard of them but the name sounds amusing, and I guess that's somethin'.

Albub
2008-04-08, 06:30 PM
Rock, I guess. Kind of a funk sound to 'em as well. They're a strange blend, but they're all still under 21, and they've already been labeled as one of the 5 best British bands of all time, up there with the Beatles, Oasis, etc. Even if you don't like rock, give them a listen, you deserve it.

Sneak
2008-04-08, 06:38 PM
I listen to the Arctic Monkeys. They're not my favorite band, and I'm not always in the mood for their music, but they really are very good. I have Favourite Worst Nightmare and Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not.

Anyway, since my computer got wiped and I've been too lazy to rip my music off my iPod, I haven't been listening to much music lately at all.

And yeah, they're some kind of rock.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-04-09, 02:34 AM
My dad thinks they're punk, but few people believe him.

We have their first Album but I don't listen to them very often. They're not really my taste.

Albub
2008-04-09, 02:00 PM
They aren't punk, but then they're kind of their own rock subgenre. Have you listened through the whole cd? Each song is a bit different, and some maight appeal to you where their others didn't. Ritz to the rubble is my current favourite, and if you haven't heard of it, it's worth a try.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-04-09, 02:48 PM
They aren't punk, but then they're kind of their own rock subgenre.

Sometimes I get the idea that my dad refuses to believe that any music genres have been invented since Disco since he constantly compares modern bands to 20 year old ones.

Have you listened through the whole cd? Each song is a bit different, and some maight appeal to you where their others didn't.

I've listened to the whole CD at least twice.

Zakama
2008-04-09, 04:01 PM
Any particular songs you can recommend? I'll check them out on Youtube.

Amotis
2008-04-10, 02:00 AM
I like When The Sun Goes Down (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2W_hEdt1Xes) by them. It could be because the first time I played it when I was blasting down the freeway, I passed a car and a guy that just screamed this song. :smallamused:

PhallicWarrior
2008-04-10, 08:00 AM
Finally, a thread for my favourite band. (I even took up English spelling for any thread involving them!) I've only really listened to three of their songs, and my favourite song has to be Brianstorm.

Bayar
2008-04-10, 08:03 AM
I like When The Sun Goes Down (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2W_hEdt1Xes) by them. It could be because the first time I played it when I was blasting down the freeway, I passed a car and a guy that just screamed this song. :smallamused:

Seconded. Also, I listened to all of the bands on MTV 2 (british version), but the cable company removed it from the channel list in favor of Fashion TV. BLOODY HELL !

yoshi927
2008-04-10, 08:08 AM
Yeah, they're awesome. That's all that needs to be said. :smallcool:

Albub
2008-04-10, 02:14 PM
Any particular songs you can recommend? I'll check them out on Youtube.

When the sun goes down is great, Ritz to the rubble, Temptation greets you like your naughty friend, Fluorescent adolescent, Let's leave before the lights come on. They're all excellent, and only a portion of some excellent music.

Oh, and Mardy Bum, which is a great song, and makes you giggle when you read the title.

Tom_Violence
2008-04-10, 06:39 PM
They're ... okay, at a stretch. Fun after a few, but I do tend to find that their hype outweighs them quite significantly. Its odd - they've some nice sounds every now and then, but somehow at the same time they've managed to across as both working class and hideously pretentious, and that kind of irks me a bit.

yoshi927
2008-04-10, 07:34 PM
They're ... okay, at a stretch. Fun after a few, but I do tend to find that their hype outweighs them quite significantly. Its odd - they've some nice sounds every now and then, but somehow at the same time they've managed to across as both working class and hideously pretentious, and that kind of irks me a bit.Read the topic title, bro. You can have your opinions, but you don't have the right to have them go over well.

Albub
2008-04-10, 08:31 PM
I won't mind if you start a thread for hatez0ring them (no reverie), but this is moar for people who haven't heard them or people that love them.

I must say, they deserve the hype though... It's clearly open to interpretation, but I never found them to be pretentious or really anything outside of a damn good band. If nothing else, they know how to get their instruments to make pretty noise.

PhallicWarrior
2008-04-13, 07:19 AM
They're ... okay, at a stretch. Fun after a few, but I do tend to find that their hype outweighs them quite significantly.

I must say, they deserve the hype though...

Don't Believe The Hype

Emrylon
2008-04-13, 12:19 PM
I really like this band. Their first album is awesome especially Mardy bum. Wasn't hugely keen on their second album though it was ok but too me it seemed to get a little bit samey.