PDA

View Full Version : Earrings

Serpent
2008-04-08, 09:27 PM
Do magic earrings count as a ring/head slot? Or do they have their own special thing?

Citing some source material would be appreciated. I can't find anything.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-08, 09:38 PM
They'd probably count as either head or face, though I'd generally just allow the same number of slots as is in the MIC and call it a day. The BoEF had rules on alternate items to fill magic slots, and I think earrings were in there.

EvilElitest
2008-04-08, 09:42 PM
i wouldn't i mean nothing keeps you from wearing a mask and pair of earrings, nor a hat and a pair of earrings
from
EE

Collin152
2008-04-08, 09:44 PM
I'd call them unslotted.

JaxGaret
2008-04-08, 09:44 PM
I would count them as Ring slots. Instead of wearing a magic Ring on each finger, you can have a magic Earring in each ear.

I'd call them unslotted.

That is also reasonable.

Collin152
2008-04-08, 09:48 PM
Course, if they're unslotted, you can have an ungodly number of earing on all at once.

Yeah, they're unslotted.

Just give my my single earing of +6 Charisma and Sympathy and I'm good.

Swooper
2008-04-08, 09:48 PM
i wouldn't i mean nothing keeps you from wearing a mask and pair of earrings, nor a hat and a pair of earrings
from
EE
Nor does anything keep you from wearing a ring on each finger, yet you only have two ring slots. :smalltongue:

SilverClawShift
2008-04-08, 09:57 PM
My DM treats them like rings, just rings that happen to be in a different area.

Drider
2008-04-08, 09:59 PM
there was a feat in eberron that let you add to rings to your possible total, change it to earrings and you're set

Admiral Squish
2008-04-08, 10:02 PM
I used to have a soulknife with a psicrystal she wore as an earring in public. It was prety cool.

FlyMolo
2008-04-08, 10:07 PM
I used to have a soulknife with a psicrystal she wore as an earring in public. It was prety cool.

That sounds amazing in every way, except for maybe class choice. I've always felt that the potential of a class that can stab you with their mind made solid was never really realized in the Soulknife.

+1 Awesomesauce counter, anyway.

Collin152
2008-04-08, 10:13 PM
Aren't earings a prerequisite for Dread Pirate?

No?

Must be sheer coincidence then.

SilentNight
2008-04-08, 10:17 PM
I'd call them unslotted by default. However, If you don't want to play double price you could substitute one for a hat or mask.

Collin152
2008-04-08, 10:22 PM
Alternatively, a DM can decree them to be their own slot.
Whether this mens you wear a single pair or two seperatley enchanted ones, also up to DM.

skywalker
2008-04-08, 10:31 PM
I would make them a separate slot, but I like the ideas of high-level PCs being covered in magic and items of value, so maybe I'm not the best judge...

I also think magic earrings are really cool.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-08, 10:38 PM
Just got to my copy of BoEF, and under the Pierced Mystic PrC, an earring takes up the head slot, a nose takes up the amulet slot, an eyebrow takes the face slot, a belly button takes the body slot, a genital piercing takes up the belt slot, a toe piercing takes up the foot slot, and a finger piercing takes up the hands slot.

Enjoy. :smallwink:

Allis
2008-04-09, 02:06 AM
Oh this has such devious possibilities. I'd say it's an extra slot. Then proceed to design a pair of earrings that do great things when they're together. And do terrible things apart. You could have one stolen (the one the character is not lying on while asleep) and have them wake up from terrible nightmares, weird visions, negatives on stats, wild magic... Oh I like this!

Kizara
2008-04-09, 02:14 AM
Just make sure they give a bonus to Spellpower/MAG/Immunity to Silence etc.

Have a pre-requisite be to either have a staff or be a Rebellious Princess and you're golden. :)