PDA

View Full Version : The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

Pages : [1] 2

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-09, 01:19 AM
Welcome brave adventurers to The Crusade Against the Shade. The fate of the world Rests on your valiant shoulders, good luck!

You are: Group 2

You are currently in: Hirdam, Capital of the Golden Lands

You were last in: Nothingness

Your Destination is: Unknown

Your Current Task: Meet Eachother

Battle Grid/Initiative

Gabriel
Enemies
Argus
William
Riona
Fenbiddle
Lester
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk320/Janus122001/DnD%20Maps/OnlineMap2-1.jpg

World Map (as you know it)

Coming soon!

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-09, 01:43 AM
The brilliant sun shines down on Hirdam, blessed city of Pelor. Being mid-day the gentry are just sitting down to breakfast, while their servants have finished their morning duties, and are scurrying off to the docks to get deep-sea calamari for supper, or to the stables to ready the master's horse. The streets are also bustling with the shouts of street-side merchants, the clack of horse-shoes on cobblestones, and the dull hum of humanoid conversation. Another glorious day just like any other in the heart of the world!

Hirdam is the Capital city of the kingdom of Golden Lands. The king's name is Richard, and has ruled for 15+ years now, in his middle-age. The City is prosperous, with a ruling nobility class, a well-off artisan and merchant class, and populated mostly by the servants and peasants milling about in their drudgery. The City is sectioned into areas, called quarters. There's the Noble's Quarter, with the Castle, Stables, and the Noble's Ballroom. There is the Merchant's Quarter, with the "King's Head" Tavern, and the Temples to Pelor (patron diety of the city), Heironeous, and St. Cuthbert. The Port Quarter has the "Glass-eye" Tavern, and "Faragn's" Inn. Then there is the Peasant's Quarter, which has various street merchants, and housing for the general populous.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-09, 07:19 AM
"Now I know it was here before... Let's see, the map says turn left at the barking dog... walk until the woman hanging clothes smiles at you and then make another left. Second door on the right." Fenbiddle squints as he speaking to himself, trying to find the barking dog his map tells him to. It doesn't take long for a distraction to set in. A street performer catches his eye and he slowly makes his way over to watch the fascinating performance of music.

"Bravo! Bravo! I haven't heard a melody like that since leaving my home town. Learn it from the gnomes, didja? Well of course you did! Now... could you tell me... where's the barking dog and the woman hanging clothes to dry? I really need to find the library."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-09, 12:21 PM
A man in heavy plate walks down the street with a loud metallic clinking sound. The sun shines off of his dull, dented armor and the gold and silver holy symbol of Heironeous about his neck. On his back clacks a greatsword in it's scabbard, apparently crafted to be of incredibly high quality.
He takes a deep breath of ocean air and looks out over the sea. "...I could use an ale." he mutters to himself, and heads off toward the King's Head.

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-09, 01:05 PM
---- William ----
Morning at the Temple of Heironeous

William wakes as is his custom with the first sign of false dawn. He hears the chirping of the birds as he dons his vestments and belts on his sword. He begins moving through the precise movement of his morning prayers in the form of the shadow dance. His movements are presice and controlled those watching could be lulled into thinking it was merely a stretching excercise until the blade at his hip is whipped out with a violent strike at an imagined foe. William feels Heironeous' blessing flow through him as he moves through the ritual. When he finishes he rededicates his blade to the defence of the weak and to the duty of the church. He then turns and picks up the note left on the floor of his cell reading a summons to the Commander.

He tucks the note into his front pocket and moves off to the armory. As he approaches he bows to the Arms Master. I am summoned before the Commander I need to don my armor. The Arms Master merely gestures and two of his accolytes lead William to the rack with his normal armor. With their assistance he dons the plate mail and straps on his shield. As the peices are added the accolytes can hear William intone a prayer Lord Heironeous make me fit to do your duty. May my stregth be that of the faith. May I be led to the defence of the weak and allow me to spread the faith. To the foes of Justice and Mercy beware for I am the deliveror of the Law of Heironeous. With the last line he sheaths his sword and adjusts his shield.

He then heads out of the armory leaving nodding to the other Paladins and Clerics he sees donning their armor each of them seems to have his or her own rituals as he heads to the commanders office. He reflects on what led him to the Brotherhood of Justice and Mercy when so many of his fellows follow the way of Valor and Duty. The Laws are the same he reflects but he always felt that Mercy and Justice and understanding of the spirit of the Law was as important as the written words these thoughts carry him down the halls past the sparring yard and the library to the Commanders office. He stops in the foyer and waits to be summoned.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-09, 03:09 PM
"Bravo! Bravo! I haven't heard a melody like that since leaving my home town. Learn it from the gnomes, didja? Well of course you did! Now... could you tell me... where's the barking dog and the woman hanging clothes to dry? I really need to find the library."

"Why yes I did learn the tune from a gnome. He told me he thought up the song to keep the rest of us from stomping him in the street" he let out a hearty laugh, a few spectators chuckling slightly
"Well my little lad, there are no barking dogs at this time of day, they're all dining on last night's mutton. If'n you want a library though, take your pick. There's one in every Quarter, but they are all shaped like a mug of ale"
With that, the performer gave a hearty smile to the gnome, and turned back to face his audience, "now that yee've heard wild music of our southern lands," he picks up a tattered black hat on the street, sweeping the coins out and dropping them in a small bag, before tossing the hat back onto the dusty street "let's journey to the frigid peaks of the north" he says, pulling out a small drum, and pounding a slow rythm.

Cespenar
2008-04-09, 03:20 PM
Sitting on a stool in front of the bar in the King's Head tavern, Lester lifts his glass up to the light, acting as if examining the wine thoroughly. He mumbles, partly to himself and partly to the tavernkeeper.

"This is much better than the wine in that... what was the name? Ah, the Glass-eye. Don't suppose you ever been there, right? Right. Never mind."

He takes another sip from the glass and looks around in a manner that screams his boredom out loud.

Boggs
2008-04-09, 04:05 PM
Gabriel, having already donned his armor kneels before the altar at the helm of the Citadel of Light. He holds his Great Sword before him, his head against the Symbol of Heironeous etched in the hilt. The mithral blade glistens in the rays of sun bursting through the window. He clears his thoughts, giving a prayer in his mind, May the strength of Heironeous guide me to deliver freedom to the oppressed, to give guidance to the wicked, and protection to those in need. Let the courage of the Valorous One lift me shall I falter, for all that I am, is the extent of his will.

With this, Gabriel rises from his knee, drops a few coins in the coffer, then walks to the Commander's Office as instructed. As he enter, he notices William. He approaches him with a smile, extending his arm to grab at the elbow for the Order's handshake, "William, it's been awhile, old friend. Not since we had to clear out that village of ghastly Undead. How are you?"

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-09, 04:39 PM
---- William ----
Morning Commanders office Temple of Heironeous

William reaches out and takes Gabriel's hand in greeting Blessings of Heironeous on you Gabriel. I am doing well. How is Lord Dorian doing? And do you know what the Commander wants his summons was vague enough to be disturbing. He looks over to the still closed door to the office. Have you seen my new shield the last team I was with helped me destroy a cleric of hextor and we were able to recover and rededicate it to Heironeous. He holds up the darkwood shield that gleams with the holy symbol of Heironeous emblazoned on it.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-09, 06:01 PM
Nodding and smiling at the entertainer, Fenbiddle makes his way to find the library shaped like a mug of ale. In his failure to pay attention, he nearly bumps into Lester sitting outside.

"Strangest library I've ever seen... oh... oh my! When did you get there? You should really watch where you're sitting. Now, are you the librarian good sir?" Fenbiddle stares up at Lester inquisitively.

Cespenar
2008-04-10, 12:31 AM
I meant that he is in the tavern, but sitting in front of the counter (I think that's another valid usage of 'bar'). Sorry to cause a misunderstanding.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-10, 02:00 AM
I don't mean to tell SamTheCleric what to do, but considering how little Fenbiddle knows what's going on, he probably wandered into the bar without realizing it either.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-10, 02:14 AM
Riona Giverleafe slowly approached the city on her mount's back making sure to keep her head up towards the sky as she walked past the others entering and exiting. As she entered the city she dismounted and made her way towards the center of the city- she required a place to house her mount.

“Disgusting city,” she declared under her breath, as she managed to push past many of the city’s inhabitants. “No trees or flowers, but for now I’ve got to find a place for you my dear Marie.”

She patted the horses muzzle as led her through the cities streets. As she jostled and was bumped by the entire crazy city like she made sure her hawk had a firm grip on her shoulder.

“All this hustle and bustle is starting to get to my head.”

She wandered over towards the tavern- King’s Head- that was so famous for it’s ale in order to cure her aliment. As she happened by a person in larger armor she noticed how holy and righteous he looked- however she had no time for talking in these crowded streets. Instead she made her way to the tavern, tying her horse to a post outside, and requested a place to stay- asking the bartender where one might find a place to house a horse. As the bartender answered she took a swooping look around the tavern hoping to catch a glimpse of any other righteous looking fellows- who would be up to stomping out some Goblins!

As Riona glances about the tavern getting directions to the nearest inn- she spots Lester lifting his glass to drink. She thanks the tavern keeper kindly and walks off to have a chat with the fine looking fellow. “I don’t suppose you have a holy cause to fight for brother?” she asks pulling up a stool and laying down a few gold pieces to buy him another drink.

Boggs
2008-04-10, 05:24 AM
Gabriel keeps hold of the handshake as he speaks, "Lord Dorian is well; getting old, too old for adventure. I'll send him your regards the next time I see him. As for the Commander, my note was as vague as yours. Although, knowing I'll be accompanied by your gifts and skill, any ill-omens I might have felt have been lifted. It will be an honor to serve with you again, William."

At this he releases his grip, turning his focus to the shield, "A Cleric of Hextor, you say? Poor, lost soul. I hope he finds a better path to guide him in the afterlife. That's some feat, though, followers of Hextor tend to be a vengeful sort. You've done our Order a great service with that victory. Soon, all the conscripts of this temple will be whispering myths of the Cleric who slayed a vassal of Hextor. This shield will bring uplifted spirits and guide more followers down a righteous path," he pauses, looking to the shield and extending his hands, "may I?"

Gabriel grabs the shield gently, pulling it more into the sunlight. When the rays strike it the symbol flares in radiance, "Exquisite crafstmanship, there may be a story behind this shield. Have you spoken to any of the Clergy Historians?"

Cespenar
2008-04-10, 05:50 AM
Lester turns his head to face the woman beside him and flashes a brief smile, putting down his still unfinished wine on the counter.

"A holy cause, you say?" He pauses for a moment. "No, I don't think I do. But why do you ask?"

"The name is Lester Sydrin, by the way. But you may call me Syd. It's... easier."

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-10, 07:06 AM
---- William ----

He allows Gabriel to inspect the shield and speaks Yes, it is quiet the tale. We were called to investigate an increase of attacks along one of the caravan routes leading out to the frontier. So I was sent to join up with a caravan with some other warriors of city to replace the normal guards. When we were about a day outside of the borders we were set upon by undead, but unlike the normal undead these seemed to be controlled for while they still attacked and attempted to slaughter everything living they encountered some of them actually were attempting to take goods and some were even dragging off the corpse of one of the horses they had killed. After we dispatched the attackers we allowed the ones dragging the horse to continue and followed them back to the beginnings of a temple to hextor. The head of the temple was a half orc who called himself Uzgrim servant of the herald of hell. He was attended by a small cadre of what appeared to be hand selected troops if you can believe it he challenged us with full ceremonial disdain for the Heironeous he even paused and gathered our names so that all the proper forms could be observed. Afterwords I replied in kind let him know that the Light of Heironeous would always destroy the darkness of hextor. When we were fighting he summoned up his main undead it was a skeletal knight whose armor had been burnt and blackened to where you could not see an of the insignia when I struck the cleric down the skeletal form collapsed and the magic binding it together was released. We found that it was an older suit of armor from one of the traveling orders of Heironeous. I can only guess he had found the temple on his own and attempted to purge it. There was a crossbow bolt through the back of the helm and it to skull. The armor was laid to rest with the fallen in the temples crypt of the valorous slain. The Arms Master and Historian both said to keep the shield as the order use to carry these was dedicated to the destruction of the forces of hextor. You will like this with your desire to redeem everyone they were formed by a redeemed champion of hextor who was brought into the fold of Heironeous. But anyway according to the text of the order anyone who in combat kills a cleric of hextor earns the right to bear their shield. So the Arms Master cleaned it and restored it to the quality you see now and the Historian preformed the rededication and blessing ceremony as proscribed by the original order.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-10, 07:08 AM
Yes. He wandered into the bar without even realizing it. He's very absentminded. All brains, no common sense. :smalltongue:

SamTheCleric
2008-04-10, 07:18 AM
Fenbiddle furrows his brow slightly at the thought of being ignored, sighing once but then noticing that he is actually indoors. "Well. Since I'm here anyway... Barkeep, I'll take a fine Gnomish Brown Lager. And bring one for my new friends here... I think his name is... Chester? Nestor? Something like that. And her name... well. She hasn't said. It's probably something exotic... like... Lyrostasianiavion. Am I close?" He smiles his little gnomish smirk before clamboring up to a nearby stool.

"The name's Fenbiddle. Don't worry, you haven't heard of me."

Boggs
2008-04-10, 07:40 AM
Gabriel nods as William speaks, listening intently to his story, "Well, my friend, I'm glad you purged the shield of the taint cast upon by this, Uzgrim. If any of the Order at the mission deserves to wield it in battle, it would be you."

Gabriel hesitates for a moment, then looks about for the Commander, "Well, while we await the Commander, I'll share with you of a weapon I recently inherited. As you know, I've been training under Dorian since I was a small boy. At dawn on the day of my 25th year, he bestowed upon me this," he reaches to his back, unsheathing his Great Sword, the Mithral glints in the sunlight. "I've yet to determine its' composition or properties. From the little information Dorian gave me, I'm to understand it's a Relic of the Order, passed down amongst the Paladins of the Hirdam Sect. While an honor to receive such a gift, it still remains a mystery to me. I've tried speaking with the Clergy; however, they say the properties are nigh impossible to determine. I'm hoping that, in time, the blade will reveal it's true nature unto me."

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-10, 08:59 AM
---- William ----

William listens in silence and smiles at the good fortune of his friend to have been blessed with such an honor I am sure Heironeous will eventually bless you with the knowlege and faith to fully use that blade. I had heard that some of the orders had weapons handed down from mentor to worthy canidates this is the first time I have had the honor of seeing such a blade.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-10, 03:44 PM
“Ah! Sir Syd is it? Well it is a pleasure to meet you,” Riona says smiling. “Name’s Riona Giverleafe- and I am indeed seeking one such as you to help me fight a holy crusade against the evils of this world! Like Goblins!”

Just as she finishes her short introduction she looks at the bumbling gnome. “Fenbiddle- nope not close at all,” she says looking him up and down. “No I’ve never heard of you- gnomes and I aren’t always on the best terms. Anyhow- if you are taken by the holy callings then I’ll ask you too to join me in a holy crusade of sorts.”

“So, Sir Syd and.. Fenbiddle. How about we form a holy party and perhaps seek out a few more holy members to start our crusade against the Goblins. Besides, the sooner we are out of this city the happier I’ll be.”

She paused and smiled. “I hope that it is somewhat agreeable with you gentlemen. For every moment we wait- we might miss the chance of gaining a grand companion!”

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-10, 06:03 PM
(OOC: Replying to Boggs and LatemYvaeh, since they need and NPC and the rest of you currently do not)

As the two holy warriors discuss their armaments, the door across the room from them clicks, and swings slowly open, and out walks a tall lad, wearing a spotless white tunic, and dark-brown leather boots and vest. He opens the door wide, standing at attention at it's side.
"Commander of the righteous defenders of the Glory and valor of Heironeous, Sir Landis Cordon"
From inside the room now walks out another man. He wears a polished coat of chain links, and a Royal Blue tunic, with the fist of heironeous on it's front. His features betray his many years, he is obviously past his prime, but he holds himself in a position that insures that what time has taken from his bones, it has payed him ten-fold in experience, and a solemn expression which tells how he's had to use it as well.
Brave warriors of the Invincible, I apologize for calling you to arms in such a hurry, but I am myself called to duty, and I wished to grant the both of you the words of your duty by my own tongue.
Yesterday, during my conference with the King, he relayed some ominous news to me. To the south, the scouts and diplomats to the king have been consistently attacked by those barbaric tribes of lesser races, but these were unlike the pathetic raiding attempts of their usual sort. These were orchestrated with greater force, and cunning. They set barricades for our carts, and then attack with overwhelming numbers. The strangest yet is that when they attack, they incapacitate only a few men, and then leave, without finishing them off, nor taking any spoils.
I agree with the King's advisers that this change, although fortunate for the victims, may mean that something much worse is to come. The King is hesitant though, and refuses to send a force to dispatch these rogues and uncover their plot, and so the decision has been given to me to send my own righteous fighters to investigate. I have chosen you two for this task. You are free offer the church's coffer to any men for hire that wish to take part in this task, but if you find yourselves facing a task too great even for your might, I would rather you return as messengers than martyrs.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-10, 06:09 PM
"Ah, You're right I wasn't close at all. Hmm, a holy quest? Full of danger? Do you think Bards will tell our stories? This is most interesting indeed!" Fenbiddle smiles brightly, pulling out his spell book and studying it intently.

"Hmm. I'm not sure I have the spells for a holy quest...

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-10, 08:06 PM
---- William ----

When the door clicks William snaps to attention and awaits the Commander of the Faith. He listens raptly to the charge laid before him when the Commander finishes speak he drops to one knee placing his sword hand to his heart and speaks As our Lord commands so it is my duty to accept. May the hand of righteousness guide us to glory and honor. I will go and seek those who will assist us in this holy task defend the land from those who would pray upon the week and defenseless. He remains bowed waiting for Gabriel to complete his acceptance of the task.

Once Gabriel finishes he stands and salutes. We are off Sir Cordon may the glory of Heironeous bless us all in the endeavors set before us. He then makes a smart about face and marches out of the office to do the duty laid upon him he keeps his step just slow enough so that Gabriel can fall in beside him. He heads toward his cell to pick up his backpack and other traveling supplies.

Cespenar
2008-04-11, 02:54 AM
Taken aback by the bluntness of the woman and the gnome, Lester considers his situation. It's not only that he dislikes this much of enthusiasm (They remind me of children, he thinks), but he's also unsure about the potential outcome.

"So, uh, do you actually have something in mind?" he replies.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-11, 03:00 AM
“Fenbiddle- I’m sure whatever little talents you have will serve us well! I mean after all a spellcaster is always needed! We need not wait gentlemen- let us make haste, to find other do-gooders!” she said as she stood up out of her stool.

“I say- whatever spells you have- as long as there is a holy cause in mind; shall turn out to be holy also! Trust me good sirs- I am correct for what is in the heart surely displaces itself in the actions we take.”

She smiles at Syd. “Of course! We go to raid some goblin camps!” she says enthusiastically. “Let’s get ‘ere on!” she says as she attempts to usher the two men out of the bar. “Let us go!”

Boggs
2008-04-11, 04:40 AM
As Commander Cordon enters the room, Gabriel comes to attention, pulling his sword to his side. He listens intently to the request, particularly intrigued when Landis mentions leaving some of the men alive. His mind wanders for a moment, diving into pre-emptive conclusions to the mystery. After he finishes and William gives his acceptance, Gabriel speaks, "Sir, I will undertake this mission. If raiders are leaving their captives only incapacitated, it's best we discover the reason for these strange occurences." He pauses for moment, looking to William then back to Landis, "Sir, I humbly request that you send word to my mentor, Dorian. I'd like to begin the recruiting process before midday. Hopefully we can conjure a group of worthy comrades and, Heironeous willing, be headed to our objective by nightfall."

After Commander Cordon's response, Gabriel does an about face alongside William. "I need to gather my belongings. I'll meet you in the main chambers within the next fifteen minutes."

SamTheCleric
2008-04-11, 06:20 AM
Fenbiddle begins to take offense to the short joke, looking as though someone had given him day old bread. Just as he is about to open his mouth and object, he changes his mind, considering that maybe she meant it as a compliment.

"Sure... ok... goblins. I know just the thing... Did you know that my mother once dated a goblin. It's a fascinating story, you see, she as in her rebellious years... well, more rebellious than normal for a gnome, and decided to run off with the son of the raiding goblin chief. It was one of those summer romances that never last, kissing in the rain, rolling around in the meadow. My mother really gave me more details on this than I wanted. I suppose there's a possibility that I could be half-goblin, but I think I would have figured it out... no green skin, only moderately bad breath which is much better than a goblin, definately don't have violent tendencies... but anyway, back to my story. My grandfather, her father of course, was livid with rage. He sent out a search party of the greatest gnome trackers of all time... which, if I may say, is not the smartest move he could've made. If there's one thing you don't want to do, it's trust a gnome to take on a serious job, I mean good ole garl demands practical jokes. It wasn't long before the tracking party returned with a dog, then a chicken, then a rock, then a fish and finally a dead mule. My mother came back at the end of the summer, all brokenhearted about her one true love.

No wait, she killed him. Nevermind." Fenbiddle smirks, not caring if anyone is listening, just having a good time.

If anyone cares, he's lying his butt off and his Bluff check is quite terrible. Sense motive all you want. :P

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-11, 06:38 AM
---- William ----
Morning Halls and Main Entrance of Temple of Heironeous

William walks along side of Gabriel and nods Yes I also need to get my gear. I will meet you at the Temple entrance. As they part ways Willaim hastens to his cell and carefully folds his vestment and places them in the travel pack that is hanging in his cubby. He adds a heavy silver morning star to his weapons belt. He picks up a wand of healing and slips it to a heavy leather sheath designed to protect it while he is in combat and ties off the opening he slips his small bag of coins into bottom of the pack remove a few of the silver and copper ones to his belt pouch.

Once his has completed loading the backpack he slips it over his sholders and then marchs from his cell to the Temples Main Chamber he kneels before the Shrine and prays Invincible One thank you for this Duty may my efforts find favor in your eyes. As he rises from his breif prayer he looks around the Temple and then walks to the main entrance. As he passes the supplicants and devotees he gently lays his hand on their shoulder and prays May the strength of Heironeous be with and help you complete your Duty with Justice and Mercy. Once he reaches the main entrance he steps off to the side and waits to be joined by Gabriel.

Boggs
2008-04-11, 06:36 PM
Gabriel returns to his quarters to quickly gather his belongings, he finds his basic gear, some healing potions, and stuffs them in his backpack. He slings one side over his shoulder and hustles to the main entrance to the Temple. He notices William, "I'm not sure where to being our search. There must be some place in the city to find both capable and trustworthy companions."Gabriel pauses for a moment, thinking to himself, "Considering the district, the King's Head might be a good start. After all, the patrons of all our local temples might visit their for a bite or drink. What say you, William?"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-11, 08:23 PM
Argus walks down the street toward the King's Head, stepping through the front door and sitting at a table. When the tavern wench passes by he orders a pitcher of ale and thanks her with a bit of coin and a bit of resistance against the temptation to look south of her face... "Heironeous be with you, madam."

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-11, 10:30 PM
---- William ----
Mid Morning Main Entrance of Temple of Heironeous and Streets of Merchants quarters

William nods to Gabriel as he approaches listening as he speaks I do believe that the King's Head would be a good starting point. Lets wander through the merchants quarter as we walk over there mayhaps we can over hear some of the gossip from those most effected by the raids the merchants. And if we do not find any one to assist in our holy duty we can get more information from those caravan guards that are having their lunch and looking for their next assignment.

William sets off and a leisurely stroll through the merchants quarter heading down those streets most populated by the outdoor stalls and display area's he keeps his eye moving looking for any signs of trouble and his ears open listening for any bits of conversation that may give them more information on the strange new attacks.

As the day moves on nearing noon he notices the increased traffic of the food vendors and the early entertainers begining to work the shopping crowds up ahead he sees the entrance to the King's Head. He nods to Gabriel. Well we took around about path but there is our first stop let us have lunch and listen in on the caravan guards tales.

Checks for the walk from the temple to the King's head if needed

Spot check [roll0]
Listen check [roll1]
Gather information Check [roll2]

Boggs
2008-04-13, 03:51 PM
Gabriel looks to the King's Head then back to William, "Sure thing. I could use a good meal before venturing outside the city. I can only tolerate eating trail rations for so many days." Gabriel gives a smirk and walks with William into the tavern.

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-13, 08:38 PM
---- William ----
Kings Head Tavern Lunch time

With a nod to Gabriel, William opens the door and follows him into the tavern. As his eyes adjust he looks about the room he spots an odd group at the bar two humans and gnome speaking to the bartender. as he scans the room no one else jumps out at him until he notices a large man wearing battle scarred armor bearing the holy symbol of Heironeous. With a nod to Gabriel to draw his attention he moves through the lunch time crowd with a grace one does not often associate with full plate once he reaches the table with the knight he speaks Sir may the blessings of Heironeous be on you. May my companion and I join you in a lunch repast? It appears that you have just arrived at the city and it would be my honor to bless the meal and hear of the lands outside the city. He gives a slight bow to the knight and waits to be invited to join him at the table.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-13, 11:43 PM
That's me, right? I'll assume it is.
Argus looks up from his meal of a hardy pitcher of dark ale with a bit of surprise, never having been one who was good at noticing things. "Do me well, I think. Can't rightly step out of here only a bit after lunch with an entire pitcher under my belt. Drink up, eat, and if you have the kindness perhaps share your lunch with me." He smiles and raises his mug, "And blessed be we under the God of Valor indeed."

Cespenar
2008-04-14, 01:00 AM
Lester stops himself abruptly as he is being dragged out by the enthusiastic woman. He shakes off the invisible dust off his cloak and eyes the woman, as if deciding if she is some kind of a con artist, or the paragon of bluntness that she seems to be.

"I don't mean to be rude, but please." He pauses for a moment, secretly checking his purse.

"This is happening all too fast. And I'm not even sure the goblin camps that you're talking about exist in the first place."

He pauses again and starts walking back to the counter.

"If you happen to have a decent job and a plan, and an actual gain at the end of it, come to me again. But not like this."

He sits back at his place and resumes to drink his wine.

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-14, 07:57 AM
---- William ----
King’s Head Tavern

William sits down at the table and lays a gold coin upon it with a look to Gabriel he states

When the server comes by please get us all some lunch and I would like some hot tea to drink.
He then turns and looks over at the traveling knight they have joined

I am William, my friend here is Gabriel. We belong to the Temple of Heironeous here in Hirdam. I see that you have traveled far and look to have just recently arrived in the city perhaps you can help us complete a duty set upon us by The Commander of the righteous defenders of the Glory and valor of Heironeous, Sir Landis Cordon. The righteous lord has sent us out to investigate some strange new happenings in the border lands, as you know caravans being attacked by outlaws and evil groups is nothing new, but there has been an increase in attacks lately with a different sort of tactic. The caravan is attacked and the people driven off not killed as you would normally expect. We have been tasked with the Duty of finding out whom or what is behind these attacks and what it means for the people it is our sworn duty to defend.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-14, 01:58 PM
"... Holy quest against the goblins... that should be.. he stops, looking at the door as two very valiant looking individuals enter... "If we're going on a holy quest... can we bring them? They look very 'holy' quest-ish.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-14, 04:59 PM
“Yes yes- they do look.. holy-ish,” she mutters under her breath as the human pries himself loose of her grip. She sizes them up noticing the one is wearing the bright armor that she passed before. “Ah ha! They look mighty fine I say!”

She turns back to Lester. “Lester. Lester. May I call you Lest? There are some fine looking gentlemen over there- and they seem to have a plan. At least part of a plan and there is actual gain at the end of it. You are ridding the world of evil! That should be good enough! Besides Goblins are always raiding and marauding, so they are bound to have gems and gold if that is your style. Protecting the world is important!” she continues on like this as she again grabs him but this time drags him over to the grouping of William, Argus, and Gabriel. “Come on gnome-“ she says quickly, nodding to the table as she sits down. Forcing poor Lester down into a seat.

“Hello there gentlemen- I couldn’t help but notice your holy aura that you appear to be carrying around with you. I was hoping perhaps you good fellows had a quest worth tak-“ she looks at them and quickly stops and changes subjects. “-Oh how rude of me! I am Riona Giverleafe! This is Lester Sydrin- Syd for short. And this … gnome is Fenbiddle. What are your names?”

She smiles and pauses for their names before continuing. “Perhaps Goblins? Goblins are evil- ever hoped to fight them? I say we should go fight them! Unless you gentlemen have something that you are plotting yourselves. Something hopefully that will keep Syd here interested- all my ideas he shoots down. Such a party pooper,” she says as she pouts a little. “Besides it looked like you gentlemen needed a few party members- and I think these two are useful in magic- they look it. I am a duel welder and I can get us around in the wilderness- just like a tracker! So how about it?”

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-14, 07:04 PM
---- William ----
King’s Head Tavern

William quickly rises to his feet as the lady ushers her friends over and sits down And stands listening intently to her rush of words and introductions. Once she finishes speaking he speaks

He bows slightly to each in turn then states
May Heironeous bless you and help you fulfill all your duties with honor.

He pauses

Lady Giverleafe, Master Sydrina and Master Fenbiddle I am most please to make your acquaintance. He indicates Gabriel at his states This is my companion in arms Gabriel and I am William we have not been formally introduced to our lunch companion.

He looks across the table to the knight waiting for him to introduce himself once he does he sits back down at the table and continues to speak.

Perhaps our Lord's Valorous hand has guided you to us as I was explaining to our friend here, Gabriel and I have been tasks by the Temple to investigate a new threat to the land. While caravans and travelers have always had to face the hardship of travel and the threat of attack there has been a change in the nature of the attacks they have been enduring recently. While change is I am sure welcome to the increased number of survivors it worrisome in that it portends a change in the face of the enemies and threats we have sworn to defend the land and her people from. Our superiors have tasked us with investigating the threat to the land and making a full report. Any information you may provide us would be most welcome.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-14, 07:42 PM
"A threat against innocents? I would be most pleased to assist you!" He stands up and holds his hand out toward William, "I am Argus Steele, crusader in the name of Heironeous. To travel alongside another sword of the Valorous Knight would be a great honor."

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-14, 07:53 PM
---- William ----
King’s Head Tavern

William accepts Argus Steele's hand
May Honor and Glory find you in Heironeous' name I am glad to have you at our side Argus. He looks at the other people at the table So are you also with us in this venture to protect the innocent and seek out this new source danger to the land?

Boggs
2008-04-15, 02:12 AM
Gabriel still stands, gazing across the patrons who have shed interest in their mission. He looks to William as he shakes hands with Argus, then back to the rest. "This mission may be dangerous; while many traveling merchants have been left able to draw breath, we cannot say if they will show us the same mercy. If you have interest in this campaign, I vow to do my best to protect you; however, I cannot promise that harm will not come to you. Yet if you assist us, there will be benefits to reap both here and in the afterlife." He looks back to William and Argus, "So, what say you?"

Detect Evil.

Cespenar
2008-04-15, 10:31 AM
"A church mission. That sounds serious enough. Well, if there'll be a reward at the end, and considering such a honorable man saying so, I think I'm in."

He looks at the table of the three men and continues with a smile.

"William, Gabriel, and Argus, right? Any "Sir"'s in front of them? Anyway, I hope you won't mind if we join you for lunch."

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-15, 03:18 PM
---- William ----
King’s Head Tavern

Just William is fine and to answer your question yes the Temple has agreed to reward anyone who assists us in this holy duty. While I can not guarantee how much the Commander has always been fair in rewards for service to the church

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-15, 07:50 PM
"I would be most honored to take up such a mission, and fear not for my well-being. I am sturdier than your average man. And you can call me Steele, Argus Steele." Argus smiles proudly and drinks another gulp from his tankard.

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-16, 06:59 PM
---- William ----
King’s Head Tavern

Well met all of you please allow me to buy you lunch while we eat tell me a little about yourselves and what you know of the surrounding lands. Just to get this started my name as I stated earlier is William I am cleric in the service of the Valorous Lord Heironeous.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-16, 08:12 PM
"Free meal? I like you already. As was mentioned, I'm Fenbiddle, an arcanist of no great renown. Skill and know-how, that's where I excel... but I haven't actually put any of my magic to practical use. So I suppose you could say I'm a theoretical magician, kind of like you're theoretically the chosen of your god, or how these glasses we are served are theoretically clean. You know?" Fenbiddle smiles, placing his spellbook back into his backpack and taking a seat across from William.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-17, 01:20 AM
“Then it has been settled! We shall be companions! Oh I am so excited,” she says as she pushes Fenbiddle over a little to the side- so she may also sit at the table. “Alright gentlemen! This sounds like a fine undertaking! Goblins I’m sure we shall encounter.”

“Onwards to victory! Of course after a short meal- to satisfy one’s hunger.”

She smiled at her fellows. “A holy band, eh?” she said under her breath. “Well this is certainly interesting.”

Sorry for the short post, I'm tired with a Math test tomorrow:smallfrown:

Boggs
2008-04-18, 05:23 AM
Gabriel extends his hand to Argus, "Do you prefer Argus? Or Steele? As for me, I'm Gabriel Lunari of Hirdam. Please, simply Gabriel will suffice. I noticed you wield a sword equal in caliber to my own. Perhaps we could have some friendly sparring. It's always been an interest of mine to observe the technique of other warriors."

As William addresses the rest, he overhears mention of a meal, "Ah, yes, let us treat all of you to a fine feast. We shall all need the energy for the journey that lies ahead." He pauses for a moment to listen to Fenbiddle, "I've always admired the Arcane Arts; however, I never possessed a knack for understanding its' deeper dimensions. It will be a pleasure to observe your skill on our expedition. Perhaps you could try explaining the rudimentary aspects to me; although, I hope you are as patient as you are gifted. For I may, more than likely, prove to be a hopeless pupil."

Gabriel chuckles to himself then notices as Riona pushes Fenbiddle to fit herself at the table, "Well, I appreciate the keen interest everyone has taken in this affair. I was worried it may prove to be a harder task. Yet, with as many as their are, we may need a larger table for the feast..."

Gabriel will ask a barmaid for a larger table and will begin ordering the heartiest meal available... starting with one of the best bottles of wine.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-18, 12:27 PM
Everyone who choses to (I would assume everyone) are ushered out into a seperate room, a large dining hall with a table that could seat at least threefold as many as makes up your group. A beautiful woman serves you, far more cultured, and beautiful than the others that roamed the outer areas of the bar.
She listens to your orders, offering several choices for wonderful meals.
When Gabriel asks for the wine, she speaks up:

"Sir, we have a wondrous cache of fine tasting wines, but if you want The best, we could send out for a bottle from the Noble's wine-cellar. The price is very steep, but I can guarantee you satisfaction for the cost if it is your passion."

The Meal its self will cost you 1gp a person, and 5 gp for the room. Cheap wine would cost you a silver for a large bottle, fine wine would be a gold, 2 for "the finest". If you want to go for the Noble's wine, it will cost 5gp a bottle.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-18, 01:13 PM
"Hmm, quite a nice room. So, anyway, where exactly are we going? Did we actually have a quest to go on or is this like that time that my cousin Renlock put some alchemical compound in my wine and I thought that I was out fighting a pit fiend. Really I was just hitting the big oak tree with a large stick." Fenbiddle says, smiling inwardly. No one else my find his ranting humorous, but you can tell... he finds himself hilarious.

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-18, 01:37 PM
---- William ----
King's Head Tavern - Back Dining room

William pulls out 3 Platinum peices and hands them to the waitress For our food orders and use of your fine room. Please bring me some of the fine hot tea I have heard you serve here

He then turns and smiles and Fenbiddle at least he will keep us amused during the boring parts of this. He then speaks Yes Master Fenbiddle we do have an actual quest. We need to investigate the attacks on the travellers of the land and report what we find to the temple. I have not heard much of them till I was summoned to the Commander's office this morning so we will have to venture out of the city hopefully after getting some more details from merchants and caravan masters that have suffered losses and then head to the area where the attacks occurred and see what we find. Once we have some additional information out plans can be expanded. So as I was asking do any of you have knowledge of the new attacks that have been occurring or have contacts with the caravan guild or any of the merchants?

Cespenar
2008-04-18, 06:08 PM
Looking around, Lester grins with satisfaction.

"The increasing quality of the accommodation is... staggering. I am impressed."

After William's question, he takes a moment to think on what he knows.

[roll0]

Boggs
2008-04-19, 07:54 PM
Gabriel stands aside at the entrance to the new room; waiting for everyone to enter before him. He listens to the server and her recommendation of wine from the Noble's Cellar. Taking a quick glimps into his savings, he turns to the woman, "Price is of no consequence, my lady. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to send for five bottles of the finest. It may be a while before I'm able to taste succulent wine again." He smiles at her, takes her hand and puts four platinum in her palm. "Surely this should cover the cost," Gabriel bows to her then takes his place at the table and listens intently to the others. He snickers to himself when Fenbiddle recalls a past story.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-20, 01:33 AM
“I must say! You gentlemen sure know how to treat a lady!” she said as she looked around at the room and the possiblity of wine was a great idea. Riona sat down at the table and smiled at the men around her. “This quest sounds wonderful, after all we are defending the hopeless! And with so much money flowing around I’m sure we can buy some great mounts and move out soon. After our meal of course.”
She pulled out a seat next to her, “Fenbiddle- come ‘ere tell me more about this big oak tree you were hacking at,” she said with a bit of an ‘evil’ grin going on. Oak tree- it could have been a dryad for all the fool knew! Ah well, Fenbiddle was the one she met the first.
“So William- we are defending merchands and caravans? When does the next one leave?” she asked.

my laptop isn't working- so I'll take a long time to post :smallfrown: sorry! Anyway, again another short post! Sorry!

SamTheCleric
2008-04-20, 06:57 AM
Fenbiddle clears his throat as if to make a big important speech, and then simply says "It could've been an elm."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-20, 03:13 PM
Sorry guys, I was dead for a couple days.
Argus sits down with a smile on his face. "The leg of lamb... a plate of fried potatoes, and a glass of... your 30 year old wine. Thank you, dear." he says to the server girl.
He turns back to the rest of the group, "If there are innocents in peril there is little you must do to convince me to join in such a venture. I have trained quite a bit in my life... I am sure this will be a simple enough task."

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-21, 04:31 PM
The Serving girl stares amazed at the platinum being placed in her hands, and listens to every order with utmost attention, checking twice, everything had to be right. When everyone had finished their order, she bowed at the hip quickly "excellent, I will return with your wines, and tea, as soon as possible" she announced, then bounded quickly out the door, leaving all of you alone in the large dining room to discuss your arrangements.

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-21, 05:14 PM
---- William ----

William looks around at his companions in arms. After listening he goes I have given you all the information I have Riona I was hoping that you all might have a better idea of the lands about us but if not we can always either head out along the main route. Or speak with on of the caravan masters to find out a better idea where the attacks are happening. But before we do that lets enjoy the fine meal that should be brought to us shortly. Once we have enjoyed that we can look for more information on the surrounding areas and where the attacks occurred. If we don't have one a map would be a useful purchase that way when we speak to the merchants and carvans we can have them mark the locations of the attacks.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-21, 05:17 PM
"Enjoy the meal, set out adventuring... sounds like a deal." Fenbiddle says, ordering a smaller portion and picking at it slowly.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-21, 09:36 PM
“Yes yes.. of course- an elm,” Riona said as she nudged Fenbiddle.

“All I know William, is that the land is teeming with goblins and they are the most likely to raid. They have been all up in arms about something recently. But enough business as you say- let us enjoy the fine feast and then get on to the adventuring! It’ll be quite exciting getting to see everyone’s talents on the battlefield. We shall be greatly known one day I would say! Except of course Fenbiddle- he thinks so little of himself. I’m sure he’ll be of great help when the need arises.”

She looks down at her plate and eats without much grace- using all her utensils and being careful to eat slowly. She knew that eating slow made you enjoy your meal more, but it was hard- after all she just gained new companions in her quest and she was enjoying herself.

Cespenar
2008-04-22, 02:22 PM
Lester didn't order any food, but is looking forward to the wine that Gabriel had ordered, and he is still sipping from the same glass that he was using beforehand, probably thinking saving it till the new batch comes. Keeping quiet for a while, he glances at his newfound companions and tries to figure them out in his own way.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-23, 04:04 PM
Argus continues to eat his food and drink his wine, seeming content with the world and his find food and wine. This of course is not even close to his first drink of the day.
"Yer all a right good group, eh?! Yeah!"

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-25, 06:19 AM
---- William ----

After the meal and wine is enjoyed by all William looks around the table

I am very happy to have you all with us on our quest. It is now time to set out to accomplish what we have talked about. While I am not a tracker I over heard a couple of snips of information on my way here and from some of the other patrons before we moved. We should head out to the main gate get in at least a part of a days travel towards where these attacks have been occurring. Before we set out does anyone need to purchase anything as we are in the merchant quarter? If not we should head directly to the gate.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-25, 08:06 AM
Fenbiddle

"Sounds like an exquisite plan." He says, tucking his large spellbook into his backpack. "Shall we be off then?"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-25, 07:34 PM
Argus sits there with a somewhat pink face and an empty wine-glass. "Uhm... I need help up."

Boggs
2008-04-25, 11:09 PM
Gabriel laughs at Argus, he sets his pack on the floor and extends an arm to Argus. He pulls him to his feet and gives him a solid pat on the back, "You'll be fine once outside the city, right?"

After Argus replies, Gabriel reaches for his pack and flings it over his shoulder. He finishes his glass of wine and looks to the door, "Well, we should head out then, shall we? There's only a few more hours of daylight." He grabs two bottles of wine left on the table and puts them in his pack, then he walks over to the waitress and givers her another platinum piece. "I hope this covers it." He gives her a smile then walks back to the group.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-26, 01:43 AM
Riona giggles at the silliness of Argus as he was drunk off his ass. Riona smiled and stood up looking around, “So, since as it has been pointed out. There is very little sun light left- and despite what everyone seems to think. I believe starting out tomorrow might be a better plan.”

She crossed her arms, after pushing her plate out of the way, “Look- it is going to get dark. Argus is drunk. Besides the rest of us could do with some rest I would say. Just for one night so that we can be ready and prepared for the fight ahead of us. I of course of anyone wants to destroy the evil of the world but I would like to rest first and not have to worry about what could happen at night.”

“We could set out in the early morning, till then let’s find an abode to stay in. We’ll meet at the gate,” she said as she waved. “I’ll go find my room, alright?”

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-26, 02:19 AM
If no-one's going to post anything important for the day, I suggest just moving on to tommorow.

Cespenar
2008-04-26, 07:17 AM
Mumbling a low "Fine by me.", Lester gets up to go to his room, but realizes that he hasn't booked any. He tries to find the owner, or whoever is in charge, and ask him for a room.

It's okay with me.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-26, 11:52 PM
"An' a pitcher for the room, will ya!" He says to the barkeep. "I'm still awful thirsty." Argus begins to search around his belt for his pouch of gold, taking him a while, as he is as previously mentioned, drunk off his ass.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-04-27, 02:04 AM
OOC: In the interest of getting on with the story, let us assume that the day is over. Everyone gets someplace to sleep at a reasonable price, despite Argus's condition, he didn't get mugged.
It is now the next day, and we'll start late morning, when presumably you're all meeting.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-27, 02:51 PM
Argus sits holding his head, looking fairly miserable just drinking a glass of water and clutching his temple.

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-27, 04:37 PM
---- William ----

After spending an evening getting to know his new companions. William agrees to meet at the gate around mid morning the following day. He returns the temple for the night and reports the success in finding a group to help complete the task entrusted to them he provides their names and description in case they return with out him. The next morning he sets out at before dawn and travels to the gate. There he chats and speaks with the various caravans and merchants heading in and out of the city while waiting to be joined by his new comrades.

Cespenar
2008-04-27, 04:48 PM
Lester approaches Argus with an empathic concoction of smile and grimace. His face is dripping wet, his hair combed backwards to prevent the water dropping right into his eyes. He looks like he had his fair share of headache too, if not much as Argus.

"Even with all those magic and power, they can't make a cure for hangover. What good is that?" he mumbles, half-jokingly.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-27, 07:04 PM
“No they can’t make a cure for hangover, but that’s the price you pay for drinking recklessly. It is a destruction of one’s body, which is like a holy place in and of itself,” Riona says her hands on her hips, her horse’s reigns in one of the hands. “You two,” she indicated Argus and Lester, “look like hell and sh*t. Well where is the rest of this lovely party?” she asked smirking.

“What a lovely day, no?” she asks William. “I take it you took initiative and spoke with the caravans and merchants, because you are so holy and full of potential.” She giggled and smiled as she pulled her horse close to her, patting the horse’s muzzle. “So where is Mr. Gnome, he is quite entertaining and I just love to tease him so much. Anyways William you look very dashing today- if this were under any other circumstance I’d ask you to fight the goblins in the bush with your large mace, if you catch my meaning.”

SamTheCleric
2008-04-27, 07:07 PM
"Um... er... There technically is a cure for being intoxicated. You see alcohol is a poison and you can learn a spell called 'Neutralize Poison' which would, well, neutralize the poison. I think. I'm not really sure, would any of you like to volunteer for experimentation?"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-27, 07:11 PM
"...That experiment wouldn't happen to be a cure for a hangover, would it?" Argus asked as he blinked out of sequence a bit and then took another sip of his water. His gauntlet clanking against the hilt of the sword on his back as he scratched the back of his head.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-27, 07:23 PM
“Ah ha! There’s my gnome, how I’ve missed you. Ah well let’s get going alright?” Riona asked as she pushed herself onto her horse. “Finbiddle you are quite short, but I think you should ride with me, that way we can keep up to the rest of the party.”

“And do you truly think that neutralizing the alcohol in their body would work? I mean it is not exactly the poison you are thinking of. Anyway, come on up here,” she said putting her hand out to pull him up.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-27, 09:57 PM
"One moment... I need to prepare myself for travel." Fenbiddle reaches into his belt and pulls out an ornate looking rod and begins casting a spell...

Spellcraft DC 16
Mage Armor with the Rod of Extend

He then smiles up at Riona and takes her hand... "Well, I do not know if it would cure the hangover. I don't believe that is caused by any toxin. But perhaps I have some magic that would help..." and he begins flipping through his spellbook making various scholarly noises... "No no no... Phantasmal Assailants is the opposite of what we want. Stinking Cloud maybe? No. Best I have is Grease."

Ritz_PBoD
2008-04-27, 10:55 PM
Grease like the movie. Rizzo: Hey Zuko! I've got a surprise for you.
Danny: Oh, Yeah?
Rizzo: [chuckles] Yeah
Danny: [throws Sandy in front of him] Sandy!
Sandy: Danny!
Danny: Wha-what are you doing here, I thought you were moving back to Australia?
Sandy: We were but we had a change in plans!
“No, no, no don’t you see they are a stinking cloud,” she says as she pulls Fenbiddle up onto her horse. “Grease, well I doubt that would work. Ah well let them suffer with their hangover they deserved it. So let me see, who are we missing- our group has one quite guy missing. Gabriel, the name that sounds like an angel. I hope he shows up soon,” she said as she made sure everything on her horse was on tight, not moving too much so Fenbiddle wouldn’t fall off. She picked up the reigns and then looked down at William.

“William please give us the basic idea of what is going on with these attacks? I mean are goblins involved ya know that kind of thing…”

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-28, 08:21 PM
Gather Information [roll0] for the time waiting in the morning speaking with merchants please provide the details as to what I have picked up to the group

William looks over at his companions as they arrive at the gate. Looking Riona Well here is what I know there are various Goblinoids attacking the caravans but as we discussed yesterday rather than the standard kill everyone tactics you would expect they are more intent on driving people off. But beyond that it is up to find out whom or what is behind these new attacks and either stop it if possible or report back to the Temple so that a better prepared quest can be undertaken. As you appear to be the most well travelled why don't you lead us toward the Gray Plains where most of the attacks have occurred.

Edited to add the details learned via gather information checks

Boggs
2008-04-28, 10:31 PM
Gabriel bathes early in the morning; gives many praises to Heironeous to ask for safe passage in their journey, and then joins the group at the gate.

"Good morning, everyone!" He looks at Argus and chuckles to himself. "Well, I suppose it is safe to assume we all have our city lives in order and are prepared for adventure?"

LatemYvaeh
2008-04-30, 06:45 AM
---- William ----
City Gate Road to the South East towards the Gray Plains

William falls in with his companions and looks arround once everyone is gathered he sets off down the road to the South East towards the Grey Plains. While he travels he turns and speaks to his companions Good to see you all here. Well as I said from the rumors and talk of the merchants this morning it appears we will be facing Gobinoids of some sort. Riona as you appear to have the most experience with Goblins can you give us the benfit of your wisdom and tells us what we are likely to face if we have to fight them and any insight as to why they would deviate from their normal tactics. William listens intently as they travel but his eyes always seem to be scanning the road and the surrounding country side looking for trouble.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-05-03, 02:45 PM
Riona lightly taps the side of her horse to urge it to follow William who seems to have taken the lead on this journey. She looks back to make sure everyone was following her and William. She smiled at Fenbiddle and then caught up to William so that she was side by side with him.
“Well it has been my experience that Goblins only travel at night and if they need to raid it is either a religious leader, they are out of resources, or something stronger than them is in command. Either way most Goblins would run if they start to lose however if there is something waiting for them they will fight till the very end with little concern for their life. If there is a leader, they might also be there which will cause the Goblins to have a more orderly strategy and even attempt a distraction here and there to keep us confused. It all depends on if it is a religious raid or if it is in fact something larger and more menacing. So, we shall see,” Riona said as she starred straight ahead a more serious look on her face. She was quickly lost in thought as she tried to figure out why the Goblins would be behaving like they were.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-03, 03:31 PM
Fenbiddle returns the smile and then becomes distracted by the clouds overhead. He spends the majority of the time trying to convince Riona that various clouds create shapes of denizens of the underdark.

Cespenar
2008-05-04, 01:02 PM
Lester rides in the back of the group, somewhat off and thoughtful as he ponders on what Riona said.

"Hmm... I never fought goblins before. Any tactics you might want to share?"

He looks at the group in general, as if asking everyone.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-07, 01:54 AM
Alright, I'm going to get this party started, see how many people are paying attention

Everyone roll Spot and Listen

Oh, and by the way, you all lost 100gp

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-07, 01:57 AM
Oh happy day, almost as bad a check as possible to make.
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

LatemYvaeh
2008-05-07, 04:47 AM
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Is that 100gp each or as a group in total being as I don't have 100 gp on my character?

SamTheCleric
2008-05-07, 06:04 AM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

((I know it lists -7 on my char sheet, but inattentive is -4, not -6 like I first thought.. I will update it later today))

Cespenar
2008-05-07, 11:28 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
I love ambushes.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-05-07, 08:38 PM
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen
Bitches!

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-07, 11:19 PM
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] Gabriel
[roll5] William

Riona and Argus can hear some obviously loud shuffling off in the bushes to the right side of the road, and clinking of metal.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-08, 08:25 PM
"...I hear an ominous noise," Argus whispers. "shuffling... and metal, in the bushes." Argus draws his sword and approaches warily.
Taking defensive action and walks toward them.

LatemYvaeh
2008-05-09, 05:12 AM
---- William ----
On the Road

Upon hearing Argus's warning William reaches up and touches his holy symbol

May Heironeous Bless all who travel with me as we head into the danger of this land with that simple prayer William feels the blessing of Heironeous flow over him and his allies. He then reaches down and pulls his longsword from his sheath looking around to see what glory has decided to come his way.

Effect Bless - 5 Minutes - +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
Initiative [roll0]

AC 23 (touch 11) HP 28 Fort 4 Reflex 2 Will 8

Cespenar
2008-05-09, 06:57 AM
Lester frowns with Argus' warning but he acts quickly, falling back a bit from the group, and tries to approach the mentioned bushes from its flank silently. He unsheathes his dagger on the way.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Edit: For some reason I've made a third check, you may disregard it.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-09, 07:09 AM
"So, as I was saying, the pattern you trace in the air has a direct correlation to the spell being cast, if you can't get your fingers just right the spell is usel... wait, what's going on?" Fenbiddle mentioned, clearly not paying attention.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-05-10, 03:03 AM
Riona was listening to Fenbiddle drone on and on about clouds and magic- before quickly listening to the forest around her. There! In the bushes! A sound. Riona turned her head swiftly in that direction. “Hold on Fenbiddle!” she said as she rode towards the bushes going nearly full speed, as she drew near the men crowding around the bush she leapt off her horse, drawing her blades, whistling as the horse came to a stop right before the men, slashing at the bushes as she disappeared into them. “GOBLINS! I’M SURE!” Riona called out as her hair disappeared in the bush, she was dead set on goblins so it could have been a squirrel.

[roll0] Jump
[roll1] Ride
The whistle is the horses command to stop, a simple trick I should think.
[roll2] Reflex incase I miss
[roll3] for one attack with my Longsword- incase I hit something I might need a spot check for that so I’ll put that in too
[roll4] Spot

I think that’s all I need for this little tiny post (maybe a better description but you get the idea)
Maybe tumble
[roll5] though frankly I think Reflex could be used. So I dunno.. I hope that worked.

Boggs
2008-05-10, 06:31 PM
Gabriel

At the warning, Gabriel quickly heaves the great sword to his front. He looks around to the other party members, dashing to the front in order to protect the others. He strategically puts himself closer to Fenbiddle to prevent him from injury. "Do we have a count? There's not much that I can see in the bushes." Gabriel readies himself, focusing his eyes on the bushes. "While they may be goblins, prepare yourselves for the worst."

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-11, 04:43 PM
[roll0] Hide

[roll1] Trip
[roll2] Trip
[roll3] Trip
[roll4] Trip
[roll5] Trip

[roll6] Strength
[roll7] Strength
[roll8] Strength
[roll9] Strength
[roll10] Strength

Trips in order of Riona, Argus, Gabriel
[roll11] Opposed Strength
[roll12] Opposed Strength
[roll13] Opposed Strength
[roll14] Opposed Strength
[roll15] Opposed Strength

[roll16] Attack
[roll17] Attack
[roll18] Attack
[roll19] Attack
[roll20] Attack

Riona saw and killed a goblin, four more popped out of the bushes though, one missing Riona, then the next tripping her, the next going for argus, and tripping him, and the next going for gabriel, and tripping him, all beating your strength checks, only the one that hit gabriel got his extra attack to hit though, and I forgot to roll for damage, so I'll roll on the OOC board like I will for initiative.

sorry to roll for you guys, but it would have taken a long time to wait for everyone to make an opposed check. If it bothers you, tell me and I won't do it anymore

After her acrobatics, Riona's attack connects with a goblin in the bush, causing it to cry out as it's chest is sliced open.

A deep roar, the cry of a wild animal is let loose, and goblins spring out from the bushes, sweeping weapons at the legs of those of you in front, dragging your legs from beneath you as you connect with the ground.

Four Goblins in armor stand with pole-arms above you all, glaring down at those of you on the ground. With another loud roar, and a crashing of the bushes, and out shambles a much larger goblin, the size of a normal human, but much stronger. He looks at your group, and shouts in a gutteral common.

"You leave, you live"

Feel free to post out of initiative order for regular speech, but for combat, initiative is

Gabriel
Enemies
Argus
William
Riona
Fenbiddle
Lester

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-11, 05:11 PM
Argus blinks, somewhat stunned with the new realization that the open sky is before his face as opposed to bush or earth. And he blinks again when the new open sky is replaced with that of a massive goblinoid. "It seems a foe stands before us... It would be far easier to leave were we not forcibly put onto our backs and then threatened... If I were aided back to my feet it would make the circumstances for leaving far easier. But, I shall not lie to you, were on my feet I may very well simply put a sword through you." He takes a small flask from his belt and takes a little swig of it.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-11, 05:15 PM
Fenbiddle

"Oh My!" fenbiddle exclaims upon seeing the goblins explode from the bushes.

Initiative: [roll0]

Move Action: Dismount from the Horse.
Standard Action: Cast Glitterdust on as many goblins, including the leader, as he can (10' radius burst), ensuring that no allies are caught with the spell. DC17 will save. (if many targets are impossible, only target the leader)

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-11, 05:18 PM
The Goblinoid grunts amusedly at Argus's comment

"Drop weapons, crawl

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-11, 05:24 PM
"Now now, we don't have to be children about this." Argus, like he doesn't even see the weapons, begins to clamber to his feet, sword still in hand. "We can settle this like grown men."
Granted Maneuvers:
[roll0]
Crusader's Strike
Mountain Hammer
Charging Minotaur
Battle Leader's Charge
Bonecrusher

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-11, 05:30 PM
"Like this." He quickly swings his blade into the massive Goblin, aiming for his very skeletal structure to crack his skeleton.
Initiating Bonecrusher.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
DC 17 Fort save or anyone making a crit against him get a +10 to rolls confirming the crit.

Initiative: [roll]1d20+1
Edit: Botched that, roll init for me.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-11, 05:37 PM
Initiative has already been rolled, technically Fenbiddle and Argus's actions haven't taken place, Gabriel goes first in initiative, so only conversation has taken part as of yet.

The first post in this thread has been edited to include the battle map and initiative order now, yipee!

Cespenar
2008-05-12, 03:43 AM
From the battle grid, I see that there's another enemy to Lester's right. What's he doing? What's my status, am I seen?

Oh, and is it possible to run through the bushes?

LatemYvaeh
2008-05-12, 06:29 AM
---- William ----
Goblin Ambush Round 1

William looks around and studies the armor and markings of the Goblins trying to identify clan and allegiance if any

on my action

If my bless did not complete before the combat started he will complete that spell
Other wise he will cast Magic Vestment on his shield
After he finishes casting he will then move foward to defend whom ever appears to be in the most danger currently.

As he moves to defend his comrades he will call out Praise Heironeous may this battle provide my comrades the chance for glory and honor. Have at thee cowardly varmits.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-05-12, 12:30 PM
Riona hops up from the ground, pushing her self off of it with her hands, to once again be standing with her two feet on the ground. She then puts steel to flesh as she cleaves into the goblin that had tripped her (the one to her right I assume at least to the dot's right the one not in front of Will (Argus) I think).

move action to get up
attack roll [roll0]
damage[roll1] and I think that's all I need for my turn

Boggs
2008-05-13, 05:21 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel looks up from the ground, shaking his head from the damage he had sustained from the fall. Maneuvering in the full-plate, he makes his way back to his feet. Sword in hand, looks to the Goblin, "You speak well for a Goblin. I give you one chance to leave this life of violence and embrace the warmth of Light." Unsure of the Goblin's response, Gabriel begins to take a swing at the Goblin's weapon.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-14, 09:32 PM
Trip attempt as an AoO provoked by Gabriel getting up
[roll0] touch attack
[roll1] strength
[roll2] Gabriel's strength, modifier not included
[roll3] Extra attack
[roll4] Damage

As Gabriel gets to his feet, The goblin next to him lets out what seems like a yelp, and swipes his weapon at the Paladin's feet, catching them, but the metal slides right off his greaves as the goblin tries to pull him down. Ready to attack again, the goblin gets a nasty surprize as Gabriel swings his massive weapon at him, crashing into it and cracking it in half, leaving only the pole in the surprized creature's hand.

The leader shouts a command to his followers, and they all swing at whomsoever is closest to them. One swings at argus, catching him between the cracks on the shoulder of his armor (3 points), Two swinging down at Riona, one missing entirely, the blade catching the ground, while the other slices right across her leg (5 points). The last goblin drops his pole and runs away from Gabriel, pulling out his longbow from behind his back.

The Leader turns to Gabriel "You have sealed the fate of you and your comrades" he says, and makes is way to the paladin.

Lots of rolls so I don't have to double post
[roll5] AoO to trip Argus as he gets up if Gabriel wasn't tripped
[roll6] Strength check
[roll7] Argus's Strength
[roll8] Extra attack
[roll9] Damage if extra attack hits

Attacks from all enemies just in case
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18] Leader's Attack
[roll19]

[roll20] Instead of attacking, Tries to sunder Gabriel's weapon if he succeeded in sundering the Goblin's weapon
[roll21]

EDIT: oops, apparently I forgot he was way too far away to attack Gabriel XD, next time

Argus gets to his feet, shrugging off the goblin's attempt to pull him down, and lets forth his attack at the poor creature, cleaving it down the middle with his blade, cutting diagonally through almost 2 feet of his flesh. The poor goblin was too surprized even to scream in pain as he fell to the ground, blood pouring from the gaping wound.

William moves down to help Gabriel protect Fenbiddle.

Riona's attack swipes at the goblin near her, but scrapes the armor, cutting in, but not actually hitting any flesh.

Fenbiddle does nothing...

Cespenar runs behind a bush to the north, un-noticed by the goblins who are preoccupied with the more dangerous looking 'enemies'

[SPOILER]
I've got all your actions for this round, and I've posted the new map with those actions in mind. Argus's action is impossible though, so he'll tell me, or post what he's going to do, and assuming none of you change your action based on that, then we'll move on to Gabriel's next action.

Answer to Cespenar: That's the leader, although he's no longer there. No you can't run through the bushes, but you can walk through them at half speed, and they provide cover.

LatemYvaeh: you got your bless before, and when it's your turn in initiative, you'll get your action done

Cespenar
2008-05-15, 02:58 AM
I thought Lester ran to the bushes before the combat, in the same round that Riona charged the bushes, but I assume you interpreted it as a 2 round action?

If that's not the case and I still got an action, Lester runs with full speed behind the escaping goblin. If that was indeed the case and the hiding took 2 rounds, then I'm waiting for the new round.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-15, 03:41 AM
No, you hadn't posted like everyone else had, so I guess I had misinturpreted your first post. Go ahead and post what you'll do for the current round before we move on.

LatemYvaeh
2008-05-15, 05:59 AM
My action for Round 2

---- William ----
Goblin Ambush Round 2

William stands defiantly between the goblins and Fenbiddle ready to defend him at a moments notice. Upon seeing one of the goblins attempt to flee. William again touches his holy symbol. May Heironeous' blade punish you for your cowardly ways and with a gesture a sword of force appears near the Goblin and begins to attack.

He looks over at the main combat and yells so as to be heard over the combat Please attempt to take one alive we need to question them.

Effects currently active
Bless +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 5 minutes
Magic Vestment on Shield +1 AC for 5 Hours
Spirtual Weapon Long Sword Attack Bonus +7 Damage 1d8+1 Rounds Remaining 5

Attack for Spiritual Weapon [roll0]
Damage for Spiritual Weapon [roll1]

Cespenar
2008-05-15, 01:33 PM
That was because I waited for a reply to post my action, but anyway.

Lester swiftly moves around the bush from its right and runs behind the one near the goblins (P30), pulling his head below the bush to try and stay unseen by them (especially the leader).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Boggs
2008-05-16, 10:05 PM
Gabriel

He looks at the Goblin Commander approaching him, "We don't need to commit to such violence. You and your companions can leave with your lives and honor. All I ask is that you drop your weapons and assist us in our endeavor." Gabriel awaits a response from the Goblin Commander. If he continues to wield his weapon, he will attempt to sunder it.

[roll=Damage]2d6+6+8
2d6+14

Boggs
2008-05-16, 10:07 PM
Neither of my above fixes worked. Thusly: [roll0]
There we go... also, if he doesn't have Impr. Sunder I get an AoO. If so, I will continue to Sunder. You can make the roll. It's 1d20+16 and then 2d6+6.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-05-18, 02:47 AM
"Ouch," said Riona as the sword left a neat cut in her. She looked at it but then attacked again. "You servants of evil, die," she said in goblin. She then looked at the goblin, swinging her blade again before drawing the second one, for the next attack.

move action to take out the second weapon, after using one weapon to hit him first.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-18, 03:46 AM
As Argus slices through the goblin previously aiming a spear at him, leaving the goblin dead before it knew the sword was entirely through his tiny, fleshy body he looks up at the rest of the goblins. "Stand down, foul creatures! I am the sword of Heironeous and I strike down those who threaten me and the innocents among us. Do not attempt to fight us! You will only end up as your companion does! Dead and broken!" He points down at the goblin sliced neatly in two at his own feet. "I am a Crusader of the Archpaladin! Stand down now or feel the holy sword of JUSTICE!"
Intimidate: [roll0] (includes +4 for being medium in comparison to the small goblins, so -4 of this result for the medium one.)

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-18, 01:38 PM
[roll0]

I'm starting to think Goblins are underpowered

Because of the futility of this battle, I'm not going to bother rolling for anything, except the opposition to Argus's Intimidate for the leader, who passed.

The leader glares at Gabriel, raising his axe above his head and charging at him with a fierce roar. He closes the gap between him and his prey, swinging the heavy blade in an arc, colliding with Gabriel's silver blade. The two blades clash, and the end result, the goblinoid stumbles backwards, a notch in his axe.
"W-What?!" He stood there in shock, unable to deflect Gabriel's attack as he returned the attack, crashing his blade into, and through his opponent's, the axe shattering effortlessly.

Meanwhile, Argus's attempts at intimidation prove fruitful, the goblins all hesitate, their resolve breaking along with their leader's weapon. When Riona sends her blade through another, their morale breaks. The goblin who ran with his bow, now drops it and continues running for his life, leaving only one beside Riona and Argus, who then drops to his knees and bows in submission.

The leader screams out "You fools, do you think I'm impressed by your petty show!?"

I won't bother changing the map, the only changes are missing goblins, and a few people moving a square.

Cespenar, your turn, and then Gabriel once more

Cespenar
2008-05-19, 07:42 AM
Lester flinches for a second when he hears Argus' cry, but recomposes himself rather quickly. As the other goblins submit, he keeps his eye on the leader, almost sure that he would have a trick under his sleeve.

Readying an action to charge and flank the leader if he does something threatening.

Boggs
2008-05-19, 03:27 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel lowers his weapon to a more approachable stance, "Impressed or not, you have still been beaten. You and your companions still have the chance to walk away with your lives. We simply need your assistance and information. Will you help us?"

[roll0]

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-20, 02:57 AM
"I would rather bleed you like a boar!" The leader bellows, slipping a thin, curved dagger from his belt and striking at Gabriel.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Cespenar, you can get your action, it comes into effect after the leader's, but before anyone else's.

Cespenar
2008-05-20, 04:05 PM
Receiving the cue, Lester dashes from his hiding spot, closes in on the leader from the back and thrusts his dagger, trying to hit a weak spot.

For a reason, I can't access my sheet at the moment, so if you can see it, it's better for you to roll. In any case, I'll roll as I remember, but of course, it's not guaranteed to be correct.

[roll0] (flank bonus included, against flatfooted AC)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-22, 12:03 AM
Alright, I can't access your sheet either, so I'll continue to try until I do. Until then, we'll just continue on.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-22, 12:54 AM
Argus kneels down in front of the cowering goblin before him and puts a gentle hand on the goblin's shoulder. "There's good in us all, this is what I know. Some of us have the potential but are beyond redemption... I don't think you are truly as wicked as your leader. You carry a weapon... you know what it is to be a warrior, and Heironeous can use all the strong knights he can to bring justice to the world. I am Argus Steele. Tell me, what is your name?"
Diplomacy: 1d20+10
Also, I'm not doing a rushed check so I'll probably take up most of the encounter with talking to this goblin. If things get dicey I'll ask the goblin to stay put and continue fighting.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-22, 12:58 AM
Crap, forgot the roll. [roll0]

LatemYvaeh
2008-05-22, 06:39 AM
---- William ----

Seeing the battle well under control William leaves the summoned sword to his gods will allowing it to continue to attack the goblin that was at 32/CC.
He looks toward Gaberiel and the Goblin leader and feeling confident that his friend has things well under controll moves toward Riona. Fennbiddle stay here protect yourself and our comrades I go to heal our excitiable friend it seems she found the Goblins she was looking for.

He then crosses over to Riona while casting defenceively he casts Cure Moderate Wounds / loose Summon Monster II

Concentration Check [roll0]
Heal [roll1]

Effects currently active
Bless +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 5 minutes
Spirtual Weapon Long Sword Attack Bonus +7 Damage 1d8+1 Rounds Remaining 4

Attack for Spiritual Weapon [roll2]
Damage for Spiritual Weapon [roll3]

Ritz_PBoD
2008-05-23, 01:22 AM
"Well thank you good sir," Riona says as she does still have a firey look in her eyes. "I have found my Goblins! However this one cowers in fear, such..." she speaks in Goblin, "...cowardess."

She looks at what was the battle, still a small continuation of one, as she puts her secondary sword away and leaves her other one at the ready. Just in case the sneaky bastards decide to attack again. Riona had a zeal for killing Goblins but was wondering now if a bit of gold would make this fearful one show them to the rest of the goblins.

She pondered on the matter as she whistled for her horse to come closer to her. She stepped out of the bushes and touched her horses muzzle.

move action to move 10 feet, horse will move next to her. Ready action in case of attack.. I think that is it

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-26, 02:38 AM
(alright, Gabriel and/or Lester, time to get going)

Cespenar
2008-05-26, 11:10 AM
What? I have already acted, how can I act again before seeing the first one resolve?

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-26, 03:26 PM
I still can't access your character sheet.

As is, the attack did a good amount of damage, but it's not his (the leader's) turn yet.

Cespenar
2008-05-27, 04:33 AM
I can't either, but I'm %90 sure that my attack bonus was +8. What should we do?

Using the opening that he created, Lester tries to strike again on the same spot, enlarging the wound.

[roll0] (flanking)
[roll1]
[roll2]

After the strike, it occurs to him that Gabriel might want him subdued, but it seems late(for Lester, at the least).

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-29, 12:58 AM
The Goblin leader screams in pain, and whirls around to face Lester

"Fight me like a real man, little man" he growls, and swipes his dagger at him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

(hmm, doesn't look so good, what's your AC lester?)

Cespenar
2008-05-29, 06:57 AM
What the heck is wrong with campaign-blog? Oh well, I guess Lester's AC should be around 18 (4 from chain shirt, 4 from dexterity), but again, I'm not sure :smallannoyed:.

LatemYvaeh
2008-05-29, 08:35 AM
---- William ----

Upon seeing the Orc Leader still attacking his Comrades. William calls out Surrendor or face the Might of Heironeous!
He then move across circling and flanking the leader for Lester and Gabriel.

He then readies his Long Sword and if he see the goblin do anything besides drop his weapon and surrender he attacks

Effects currently active
Spirtual Weapon Long Sword Attack Bonus +7 Damage 1d8+1 Rounds Remaining 3

The Spirtual Weapon will continue to attack the goblin that was at 32/CC if that goblin is dead he will summon the weapon to him and hold its action as well to attack the goblin if he does anything but surrendor.

(Spirit Weapon attacks on goblin 32/cc if dead ignore as per above)

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Regord_Silentflame
2008-05-29, 05:00 PM
Lester: until you can get your sheet back, we'll assume your AC is 18, in that case, he hit you, for 10 damage.

William: The goblin that your sword was attacking ran away, and he runs faster than your sword can.

Alright, Riona, Argus, you can go.

EDIT: Here's the new map

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk320/Janus122001/DnD%20Maps/OnlineMap2-2.jpg

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-29, 05:27 PM
Argus looks up as he sees his comrade taking a massive blow from the goblin. He feels caught between the two scenarios... save his companion, or turn a wicked creature from it's path and onto the path of righteousness. He looks at the goblin again, and then back up to Gabriel and suddenly speaks in a higher tongue, "Gabriel! Ego postulo vos video vidi visum si illic est malum huic goblin's pectus pectoris! Is may exsisto redemptor tamen tantum si is mos subsisto nobis, vacuus cursor in vereor." With that he stands up gripping his sword and rushes the creature that wounded Lester.

For those who speak Celestial.
"Gabriel! I need you to see if there is evil in this goblin's heart! He may be redeemed but only if he will stay with us, without running in fear."

Boggs
2008-06-01, 02:18 AM
Detect Evil at the Goblin Argus is holding.

Gabriel redraws his sword into an aggressive stance. Looking toward the Leader he says, "You reply with hostility after we offer peace!? You have sealed your twisted fate... maybe the Devils of the Netherworld are more for your liking."

OOC: Unless he is already finished, Gabriel will attack the Goblin Leader.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ritz_PBoD
2008-06-01, 02:20 AM
Riona walks her horse over to the goblin, ready to mount the horse at any time and chop the goblin down where he stood.. or ran to. She has a smug look on her face as she readies her sword above the goblin's head, smirking down at it. She smiles almost cruelly, "Stay where you are- and I won't kill you..". She threatens the goblin, in Goblin.

ready an action to either a) jump on horse and pursue goblin if it runs, to kill it or b) kill it as it starts to run. At least I'm assuming I'm next to the right Goblin. Heh.. : smallamused:

Regord_Silentflame
2008-06-01, 05:17 AM
(Gabriel: You detect no Evil on the Goblin, also, your hit missed)

"You like to Kill my Pawns, how you like if I kill your friend!" He says, turning from the group and lunging at Fenbiddle, catching him as he still hadn't payed any attention to the battle, grabbing him by the hair. He then brought his knife down, slicing the poor gnome across the neck, then tossing him to the ground between the group

Fenbiddle's player had already told me that he withdrew from the game, so I'm just getting him out of the way. Besides, this will give all you LG types a good enough reason to slaughter the leader

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-01, 05:43 AM
Argus' eyes widen as he watches his companion get his throat slit from ear to ear by the goblin commander. "NO!!" Argus then shouts out loudly, "BY THE BLADE OF HEIRONEOUS, YOU SHALL OPEN YOUR PATH TO HELL!!" He swings his blade with zeal and rage in his heart, the raw power of the mountain surging through his arms and into the edge of his blade at the creature. As he swings, there is both anger in his eyes and tears going down his cheeks.

Expending Mountain Hammer on the damned beast.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Edit: What unFortUnate luCK.

Cespenar
2008-06-01, 12:50 PM
Lester's mouth drops open at the ease of the gnome's slaughter. He blinks multiple times, trying to recompose himself. Seeing Argus almost ablaze from anger, he tries to dash behind the goblin to flank him again.

If his movement suffices, he'll attack. If not, he takes a double move to get to the desired spot.

[roll0] (oh, forgot the +2 from flanking)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ritz_PBoD
2008-06-01, 05:32 PM
Riona looked as her best friend was cut down before her very eyes. She dropped her sword, stepping on it, so the greedy goblin would not take it. She pulled out her bow. She notched an arrow took am at the Goblin Leader's Head and fired.

"DIE!" she shouted at the Goblin, in both common and goblin.

[roll0] attack roll
[roll1] damage
:smallfrown: Poor Fenbiddle! D:

LatemYvaeh
2008-06-02, 11:08 AM
---- William ----

Seeing the Gnome fall practically at his feat. Dead William Screams NO No little one he rams his sword through the goblin with a thrust and twists the blade leaving embeddeed in the leaders body. He continues the motion of the lunge to drop to one knee and grabs Fenbiddle's body and then rolls back away from the leader taking the small one with him using his own body to prevent the leader from doing more damage to him. He screams at the leaderMay Heironeous blade burn you for eternity may you never complete your duty and may you suffer for your evil actions.

He then moves back a few more paces and attempts to heal the little one but feels the life slip from the body as Heironeous's power fails to stop the spirit of Fenbiddle from slipping on to his just reward.

Williams voice drops to a whisper Little one may you find the Library of the Heavens to be full of tales of wonder and may your laughter brighten the halls of your ansestor's He places his hands and closes Fenbiddle's eyes.

Readied action from below to attack the Goblin Leader Includes two spiritual weapon attacks one for last round and one for the new round as the goblin from 32/CC had escaped

Readied Action
Attack [roll0] please add 1 forgot to include my own Bless spell
Damage [roll1]

Spirit Weapon Attack [roll2]
Spirit Weapon Damage [roll3]

New Round
Spirit Weapon Attack [roll4]
Spirit Weapon Damage [roll5]

Move actions for this round to take the body from the fray

Effects currently active
Spirtual Weapon Long Sword Attack Bonus +7 Damage 1d8+1 Rounds Remaining 2

Regord_Silentflame
2008-06-02, 03:22 PM
I'm currently in a slight hurry, but you killed him dead.

I'd have to tally the damage more carefully to tell whether it was William or Riona, but he's definately dead.

So you guys are out of combat, feel free to post your actions. When I have more time, I'll edit in a more suitable death for the leader, and give you xp.

William's flurry of attacks cut through the goblin leader's defenses, tearing and battering his flesh, and pushing him back, and he falls to the ground. He makes one last attempt, reaching up at some futile attempt at hurting one of you, but he coughs heavily, blood spattering across his chest, and with that his life left his body, and he falls inert to the ground.

(OOC: 1,000xp for everyone)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-03, 03:01 AM
Argus stands again, sheathing his sword and taking a flask from his belt, taking another small swig. "...A companion lost... all because of the violence of a misguided goblin." He turns to the cowering goblin and puts on a softer face, "Do you see now the error of your people's ways? How your leader so easily took the life of someone not even paying attention... I think you would be happier under the righteous wing of Heironeous, and I as your guide in the ways of the Archpaladin." He approaches and again kneels before the goblin. "Will you... join us, good goblin?"

Regord_Silentflame
2008-06-03, 03:40 AM
The Goblin continues to bow at Argus's feet, respectfully keeping his gaze low, but does not answer.

LatemYvaeh
2008-06-03, 01:02 PM
------ William -----

William looks about tears in his eyes he carefully carries the body of his fallen comrade to the road side. With whispered prayers to Heironeous he cleans the body and prepares it for its final resting place. He carefully removes all items of value and lays them to the side. He removes his cloak and wraps the body in it so that the holy symbol of Heironious is centered on the chest. He then looks about and then finding a spot along the side of the road he begins to dig a grave for the fallen one.

Once the grave is dug he looks about and waits for the others to finish their tasks and allow them to say their private goodbyes.

He then carries the small body and lays it in the grave

Here we lay to rest one who sought knowledge, friendship and adventure. He was not afraid to bring light to the world and accept the duty of the task in brightening the life of those he interacted with. May his ancestors find his deeds worthy and accept him to their halls in the after life. We intern his earthly remains here in the earth so that his spirit may be free to roam the spirit world and find those places that call out to his nature and make him complete. We his companions shall sorely miss him as our duty carries us on with out him to make it lighter.

With his last words he gently tosses a handful of dirt into the grave.

Boggs
2008-06-04, 06:52 AM
Gabriel

At the loss of Fenbiddle, Gabriel dropped his sword and fell to his knees. Holding his trembling hands before him, he quietly weeps to himself. I... I shouldn't have trusted the Goblin. Now... now one of ours has fallen. And at what cost? We haven't a name... a reason. My hands should've spilled his putrid blood... instead... instead a put stock and faith in a creature as vile and corrupt as he to seek retribution.

After the swells of combat end, Gabriel solemnly asks Heironeous for guidance in this quest. At the end of his prayer, Gabriel rises to his feet. He grasps his sword from the dirt and sheathes it across his back; when William starts to dig a grave for Fenbiddle, he helps in the endeavor. "I vowed to shield the innocent... to protect our companions. I've failed them, William. I failed, Fenbiddle."

With the dirt being piled upon the corpse, Gabriel removes a vial of Holy Water. He sanctifies the burial mound and says a prayer in Celestial.

Cespenar
2008-06-05, 04:03 PM
Lester, still trying to shake off the shock of this sudden death, doesn't come forward for any parting words, but silently waits in the back. He eyes the cowering goblins warily, not ready to underestimate them twice.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-05, 04:39 PM
Argus looks up as Fenbiddle is put to rest and looks at the goblin bowing before him. "I give you permission to speak, if you require it from me... if you do not wish to then do one thing for me. To redeem yourself and your people, please throw but one handful of dirt on the grave as I do..." He stands up and walks over to Fenbiddle's grave, looking back at the goblin as he does.
The crusader unsheathes his sword and lays it flat on the ground parallel to the grave, going down on his knees and putting his hands together. "Lost to the other side before his time, a friend and ally I had the misfortune of not knowing for long enough. Cinis cineris ut cinis cineris, pulvis ut pulvis." He takes a handful of dirt and throws it into the grave.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-06-05, 04:49 PM
The Goblin only looks up when Argus turns from him. He gets slowly to his feet and walks over to the corpse of his former leader, and scoffs. He picks up the dagger that had been used against the gnome, and carried it, opened palm to the grave site. He waits until Argus spoke his words, then tossing the dagger into the grave, and then begrudgingly picks up a hand-full of dirt and tosses it down as well.

Boggs
2008-06-05, 05:11 PM
Gabriel

Sitting next to a tree on the forest edge, Gabriel watches the Goblin pick up the dagger and approach Argus. As a reaction his hand goes to the hilt of his sword, he's about to rise when the Goblin tosses the dagger into the grave and adds dirt, he smirks. Perhaps all of this endeavor was not in vain. There may be hope for us yet...

With this he rises to his feet and approaches the group. "As grieved as we all are by the loss of Fenbiddle, there are still countless innocents who may be endangered by future raids. We came here to discover the source of these attacks. With Fenbiddle gone, our resolve now should be stronger than before..." He looks to William, "What should our next move be, William?"

LatemYvaeh
2008-06-06, 08:19 AM
---- William ----

William looks around and then walks slowly to Riona, We will leave you to say goodbye to your friend when you feel ready come and join us I am going to question the survivor. He nods meaningfully toward the goblin.

He then walks over to Gabriel My friend he was an adventurer he knew the risks and chose to take them up to defend those even weaker than himself the best you can do is honor that memory and see that his final quest is completed with duty and honor. With that said when Riona finishes her goodbyes please help her gather his things so we can bring them with us. Once we reach the Temple again we can turn them over to be returned to his family.

Finally he walks over to the Goblin he looks at him and says, You did your duty to your leader which is a good start on the path to Heironeous. Redemption for past misdeeds is another step in the right direction. We will be burning the bodies of your comrades that did not flee if you care to say words over them feel free. Once we are done we will ask you some questions. With a nod to Argus Please help him to understand we need information on the change in tactics and who is ultimately leading these forces. (Anyone got a good Latin Translator, my Latin is rusty and mostly confined to sections of the Roman Catholic mass)

for those who speak Celestial

Remember his duty may be to lie to us if it is we may need to send him on to his gods with the honor he has earned by refusing to speak to us. So if you have any power to convince him please use it.

Boggs
2008-06-09, 06:18 AM
Gabriel

Catching every word from William, Gabriel removes his gauntlets and approaches the Goblin removing bread and cheese from his backpack. We may not speak the same language. Yet generosity is a universal tongue... I hope.

As he nears the Goblin, he kneels down to meet him eye-to-eye. He breaks the bread and cheese in-half and extends a hand holding each toward him. Making sure the Goblin wasn't weary of a trap, Gabriel takes a bite of each before the Goblin.

"I fear that the words I speak to you may fall on deaf ears; however, I do believe you surrendered for a reason. Your heart doesn't hold the same evil that your Master's held. I believe, within you, lies a kind spirit. One that bring a lot of good into this world. I'm approaching you now as a simple man seeking to assure his friend didn't die in vain. We need help... and... and you are the only one who can help us."

[roll0]

Cespenar
2008-06-09, 04:25 PM
Lester watches the "holy men" with a mixture of surprise and anger, as they take it a bit too easy (in his opinion) on the scums that had just murdered one of their companions in cold blood. He takes a step forward, but manages to confine his feelings, if not with some difficulty.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-10, 05:45 AM
Yo (http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=Latin).
Argus nods to William when given his instruction. He then smiles when he sees Gabriel eat and takes some of the dried meat trail rations from his own haversack, ripping in in half with just a little difficulty and handing it to the goblin. "With that you have the makings of a sandwich." He smiles, with just a bit of sadness in his expression for the loss of Gibdinn, but joy in the fact that the goblin hasn't yet run.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-06-10, 11:38 AM
The Goblin replies in well-pronounced, but heavily accented Common:

"Excuse me if I do not pity you for your loss, but I have lost more of my companions to all of you today than you have lost to me. You claim that my leader was evil, and that you are good, but you yourself said that within me lies a kind spirit. What of my companions you have slain so thoughtlessly, were they beyond redemption simply because you deem it so? Is slaughter of the innocents acceptable in your moral code? or is it only alright because we're 'goblins' "

Despite being out-sized, out-numbered and out-armed, he stands defiantly, his gaze slowly shifting from William to Gabriel.

Boggs
2008-06-10, 05:10 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel smiles at the Goblin's speech. "Your speech alone alofts the chivalry I thought was within you. While I am regretful and sorry for the loss of your companions, I cannot apologize for their demise. Both your Leader and your Peers I approached with the same offering. I beseeched them to lay down their weapons; to embrace a life of valiancy and abandon a life of fear and corruption." He solemnly looks up to the Goblin, careful to remain seated to avoid confusion of a power struggle. "Everyone deserves a shot at redemption; however, it is up to the individual to choose the path they walk. Your comrades chose their fate... you chose another. It's for this reason we ask you to assist in our endeavor. Help us put an end to the one who is giving the word 'Goblin' a foul intonation. We won't take you as a captive, but rather, as a companion."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-11, 06:55 AM
Argus is suddenly and unpleasantly humbled by the goblin's words. His expression goes from warm and sad to sickly pale... as if caught in the act of a terrible deed that he only now knows of himself. "Dear... gods..."
He turns his head fast at the new words of Gabriel, "Gabriel! How can you speak such words! We've... done something terrible. Utterly terrible... We laid our weapons upon the flesh of the goblins. The goblins were the family of this goblin! His companions, just as we were to make him ours! It would have been easy to disarm them... but we shed their blood and forgot our hearts." He clenches his fist as he looks at the ground and tries his best to hold himself to the ground below the goblin's eye level. "I am honor bound to you. I spoke of redemption for yourself, but it truly is us that requires it. We spoke of nobility but showed only violence. I will now take your as my apprentice, treat you as my prince, and guard your life with my own." He undoes the shortsword and it's sheath from his belt and gives it to the goblin. "Beatus nos erant , redemptor nos must fio."

For speakers of Celestial.
Blessed we were, redeemed we must become.

Boggs
2008-06-11, 04:46 PM
Gabriel

Gabriel looks to Argus and the Goblin. "Argus, I cannot apologize for their fate. I made an effort to disarm two of his comrades. One of them fled into the woods and I didn't give chase. The other, well, our loss of Fenbiddle is evidence of the darkness lying within its' heart." At this Gabriel rises to his feet, unsheathing his sword. "All few times has this blade felt the warmth of blood. I make a conscious effort to disarm a foe and offer them the alternative of a life of light. As I said, I extend the offer to those corrupted in the ways of evil... if it is not accepted with an open heart... then there's no other option but to defend oneself."

"Nex est a secui of vita. Recipero is animadverto tunc vos can verum fio illustrator."

Celestial Speakers
Death is a part of life. Accept this reality and then you can truly become enlightened.

LatemYvaeh
2008-06-12, 07:18 AM
----- William ----

William walks back from the wood line carrying a large armload full of branches and logs. He then gathers dry brush from the surrounding area and builds a pyre for the slain goblins. He listens as Argus and Gabriel speak to the goblin. And smiles at the goblins reply. He then gathers the goblins fallen comrades he slowly strips them of their armor and weapons again laying them in neat piles. He again cleans the corpses and lays them upon the pyre.

He then looks over at the goblin captive. Your comrades fought valiantly for what they believed, they choose their Duty and carried it out as a cleric of Heironeous I can respect that decision. As with every conflict there are those that accept the cost of their actions and those that flee them. We honor these fallen for accepting the cost of duty. May they find their just reward in the afterlife.

But as a defender of the peace of the land let me ask you this, imagine that there is a goblin land with villages, roads and treaties with its neighbors. The goblin king comes to you and reports an increase in bandits threatening the peace he has established. To protect all the goblins he sends you out to investigate and you are attack by a group of bandits the bandits refuse to surrender and then attack you and your comrades. Do you temporize and abandon your duty to your land and just let them get away with it. Of course not you offer them the chance to surrender and when they do not you punish them for their crime.

Now I know that may people view goblins as being less than people calling them monsters so they can justify the whole sale slaughter of them but I tell you this I treat all intelligent beings as people and give them the chance to prove their intentions. Had you and your friends been elves or orcs and acted in the manner which you did the outcome would have been the same. Your actions dictated a response from us I am responsible for how I chose to respond but you and your leader are responsible for putting yourselves in the roll of the bandits.

He then lights a torch and hands it to the Goblin

Please feel free to honor your comrades in word then set their pyre alight. If it is your custom to send them off with their weapons let me know and I will add a weapon for each one of them to the pyre.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-06-13, 03:46 AM
Riona had collapsed after letting go of the arrow, her horse lightly nudging her with her muzzle. Riona had fallen towards the ground with her head down, her hair flowing over her face concealing it from the light. She slowly gathered up her weapons, sheathing her sword and placing her bow on her back. She gathered up the strength to not pound the one goblin that was still alive.

She stood slowly and walked over to her fallen companion's body/grave and tilted her head down. She regaled great tales of what he said to her, in her head, maintaining her composure as she tried to reach out and bring the dead back to her with her mind.

She pined at her loss but then lay a few flowers down around the grave, saying peaceful words in Abyssal- the only other language she knew (besides Goblin). She wanted it to be a more private matter. She somehow Abyssal sound beautiful and holy as she slowly moved about the grave. She was on her knees slowly and carefully adorning the grave.

Maybe Fenbiddle was just making a joke to later jump out and say surprise. Yet she knew in the back of her mind that it would not happen. Her horse had wandered over towards her, nuzzling her again. Riona pushed the horses muzzle away from her face with her hand. She stood up, brushed off her knees, and handed the horse a carrot. She then got up onto her horse and planted herself firmly in the seat.

"Let's go," she said shortly as she rode slowly pass them in a light trot. She stopped a few meters ahead of them, turned and looked back, waiting.

If the Goblin isn't going to do anything- he should at least lead us to more Goblins.. >> Riona would of course talk to him in Goblin about leading them somewhere. If by chance he comes with. So really it depends on the Goblin- so I guess this post will be edited later??:smallconfused:?

Regord_Silentflame
2008-06-17, 02:23 AM
The Goblin watches the interactions between the different party members with interest. When William tells him his plans for the fallen goblins, he turns to him and responds.

"They were my companions in arms, but they were not my friends. You are the ones who defeated them, and so it is your honor to chose how they will be remembered. As long as you can accept that they were valiant warriors on the losing side of a battle, and not vermin to be exterminated, I will help you in your quest. I don't know what's going on, our leaders do not inform us why we do what we do, but I don't think it's good for our race. I can try my best to help you stop what's happened to us, and return to normal

LatemYvaeh
2008-06-19, 07:29 AM
---- William ----

William nods to the goblin. He then walks over to the pyre Here lay the dutiful dead they chose duty over dishonor and so we send them to the next world where they will be judged by their gods and their kin. May they find their just reward. with that he lights the pyre ensuring it catches blaze and will burn down to ash.

He walks over to the spoils of the battle in the neat piles were he dressed the dead. Heironeous please grant me the sight of the colors of magic. He gazes at each pile identifying any magical items. Once he is done he reaches down and separates out the magical items from mundane. He then looks over to Riona Would you like me to Identify Fenbiddle’s magical gear?

If she does I will do the same for that gear

Once that is done he follow Riona down the road attempting to console her on the loss of her friend.

Cespenar
2008-06-19, 09:12 AM
I'm having some internet problems for a period of time and my posting rate has dropped because of that.

Lester, still taking the rear, watches the interaction with awe, partly from the alien (to him) behaviours of his companions, and partly from the intelligence of the goblin. He does his best to not lose his focus though, and keeps up with the group, eyeing every direction possible.

Boggs
2008-06-20, 12:04 AM
Gabriel

Gabriel smiles at the Goblin's remark. He cleans the blade of his sword and places it back to the sheath on his back. Approaching the pyre he says a prayer for the Goblin's fallen comrades, then rests, looking to the sky until they were ready to venture forth.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-06-21, 01:49 AM
"Let Fenbiddle lay, maybe his magic will bring him back to us one day. If not then it was already foretold to be this way," she said casting a backwards glance. "I do not need your pity, I will find my own way. Thank you William."

She pushed the group onwards, forcing the goblin out in front, "Lead us, little one," she said in Goblin. 'Little one' was her form of respect however she had very little. However, she assumed that being nice to the Goblin would fair better than the alternative.

She lead the group forward, hoping to not encounter more Goblins, for if she did within this day she would slaughter them for their evil. She rode on; her gaze on the road ahead. The adventure she was about to crack open.

Yes- I am assuming all Goblins are Evil. :P Deal with it.
Oh and I'll be away for awhile. I'll keep in touch with the DM and if I can I will post otherwise I'm handing my control over to him. :D:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Regord_Silentflame
2008-06-26, 04:34 PM
(OOC: Sorry, for reasons I do not understand, I haven't been able to access the forums for a few days.
Question: where do you all intend to go from this point? Are you going to let the goblin lead you?)

Ritz_PBoD
2008-07-08, 02:45 AM
:smallyuk: I don't like Goblins but might as well. So lead on Goblin man!!! :vaarsuvius:

Regord_Silentflame
2008-07-21, 02:35 PM
Alright, the forums are back up, so now I can take action.

Everyone who's still here, send me a message, or make a reply. I'm going to be joining groups together to make up for the lost players, so if you don't respond, you're going to be left out.

LatemYvaeh
2008-07-22, 11:11 AM
William

I follow Riona as she lets the goblin lead us on.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-07-23, 03:00 AM
My internet's buggy, and I can't type a long message. I'll try again tommorow.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-07-25, 02:27 PM
(Alright, from the looks of it, there's only a couple of people still active in each group, so I'm thinking of merging them all together into one group of 6, which should actually be a nice party, with a sorcerer and a cleric. I have to figure out how I'm going to merge the players, and the storylines.)

Regord_Silentflame
2008-07-27, 10:40 PM
(I've figured out what I'll do with the groups)

"Alright, I will take you to the head of my 'horde', so that you can finish your task, but I will warn you that he is even more stubborn than the man you just killed" He says, then leads your group.

(For now that is it. I'm going to give those of you left until tomorrow to talk over anything you want to say to each other before you reach your destination)

Regord_Silentflame
2008-07-29, 01:06 AM
After about a quarter day's travel, a city appears on the horizon, and your guide turns to you all "The day's getting late, so let us rest up"

He leads you to the city gates, but as you get closer, you can see that the ground is littered with fresh corpses, and the guards hail the goblin:
"Goblin! If you come in peace, stand your ground!, and to that he stands still, and holds his hands in the air.

LatemYvaeh
2008-07-30, 09:39 AM
----- William -----

William holds his ground and speaks out to the City Guard
Greetings we come in peace I am William Cleric of Heironeous these are my traveling companions. I am from the Temple of Heironeous in the city of Hirdam. We are investigating the issues with the Trade Routes and the goblin is currently under our protection while he guides us to his leader. I see that you have had some recent difficulties is there anything I can do to help? If not mayhap you can help us as the more information we gather about the changes in the tactics of the raiders in this region the sooner we can figure out a way to stop it.

With that he sits back on his mounts and waits for the guard to decide what to do.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-07-30, 04:05 PM
"From Hirdam you say? You Fellas have come a long way." He looks down ""alright men, open the gates" after a few seconds the gates to the walls slide aside, and one of the guardsmen walks out to meet your group.
"A group of travelers such as yourselves just aided us in defending our town from this raid that you see the aftermath of, and so we will trust your word on the trustworthiness of your goblin companion. Please, come in" he says, leading you into the city

Ritz_PBoD
2008-07-31, 02:40 AM
Riona looks at the city walls where the goblin had led them. She really did not want to go into the city, but understood the necessity to sleep somewhere well guarded. The town walls seemed formidable and they had already fended off part of a raid. All these dead lying around, she hated the dead, they befouled what the living had. Especially undead, they were the worst.

As they were lead in the city she did not speak much with William, she still missed Fenbiddle. A good nights rest she supposed was the best thing for her. She sighed. “William you don’t suppose the dead will come to life at night?”

She looked down at the dead before they finally entered into the city walls. “Another city,” she whispered to herself. “Where is the nearest inn?”she asked the city guard as she smiled sweetly as she could.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-07-31, 02:52 AM
"down the street, the only building with double-doors lass"

As you walk into the city, you can see a few more goblin corpses on the ground, and aside from the various guards dragging bodies and manning the gates, you can see one man in particular eyeing you all warily.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-07-31, 02:57 AM
Argus looks back at the man and trots his horse a bit closer to him. "What ho, good sir. You wear a strange expression for nothing more than a group of righteous knights passing through..." He takes a small swig of his silver flask.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-07-31, 04:39 AM
"Thank you," she said blushing and smiling, once they turned away she hardened her look. "There's someone staring at us in very rude manner," she said in Abyssal.

She sighed, sat up on her horse's saddle. "Come on, let us get to that inn," she said briskly.

this stupid board hates me.. it won't post when I want it to

LatemYvaeh
2008-07-31, 11:03 AM
----- William -----

William rides into the city keeping a watchful eye on their guide
Upon hearing Riona’s question he looks at the guards gathering the bodies then speaks.
Well it really depends in a town or city the likely hood of the dead rising corresponds with how they deal with them. In a City like Hirdam because the majority of the temples there maintain the graveyards and watch for the build up of negative energy unless someone actively attempts to create them the dead stay where we put them. In cities or towns if the conditions are poor and there has been a build up of negative energy then undead can spontaneously occur. Then you have nature of the person dieing if they died under the correct circumstances they could rise as well. But I don’t think we have much to worry about at the moment most of the dead here appear to be from a normal battle and the local authorities appear to be dealing with the corpses.

William looks over at Riona and realizes he was answering the question but not the concern I will take the time to bless the inn and stables to ward against undead and I will also check with the local temple to ensure they will be burning the corpses out side of town. Cleansing fire will prevent all but the most malivant of undead from returning and even the ones that can return normally take months if not years to reform.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-01, 02:40 AM
The man that Argus approached tries his best to look relaxed, although it's obvious he had to try

"No harm intended good sir. I am a stranger to this city. I helped them to repel an attack from goblins a short time ago. I think you will understand that I would be a little distrustful of goblins and those who associate with them."

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-02, 02:13 AM
Going for a few days. ^^; When I come back I'll post :smallbiggrin::smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-02, 05:25 PM
For LatemYvaeh

Both of your teammates are gone for the weekend, but I have some contact with them, so if you want to continue on and post a few more times this weekend, go ahead, and I'll post their responses for them

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-04, 09:19 PM
Argus takes another swig from his silver flask and points at the man with a bit more volume to his voice, "Well listen good, that goblin's good folk. His friends may have been no gentlemen but he's a good man!" He blinks and sways a bit on the back of his horse.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-05, 11:31 PM
"Well, thank you for that reassurance but don’t worry I can take care of myself,” she said smiling and winking. “I take care of undead when I need to, besides Goblins I hate undead almost as much. Undead are gross.”

She rode her horse closer to the inn. “I just want my horse to be safe is all. You know how undead can be restless.”

I’m back!:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallwink::small wink::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: Missed me? :smallannoyed:

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-06, 06:25 AM
---- William ----

Argus please leave the man be. There city has been beseiged and they all are wary of strangers especially those that look like their attacers. Sir the goblin is working with us to help correct the issues that led to the attack on you and yours. With his help hopefully we can prevent this from happening to more people. May Heironeous bless you and Grant your defenders the stregth to protect all of your loved ones. with that he moves after Riona. He motions for their guide to follow closely Well it is good to hear that you take your protection of those in your care so seriously Riona. I also have a deep seated dislike of undead. For my order I am a Hunter and Destroyer of them. It always pains me to see the spirit and souls of the departed put to such depraved uses. Well let us travel on to this tavern. I feel a good nights rest will improve all our spirits.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-06, 05:52 PM
"A good nights rest most certainly would put us in good spirits," Riona said with a smirk.
"Well I do care for everyone under my watch, even you. Now, Argus and William let us get to this inn. I'll leave the Goblin in your hands, I'll be taking a night ride after this. Towns and cities are rather stuffy in my opinion," she said moving around the goblin and stopping off at the inn. She patted her horses muzzle and moved towards the back where she could keep her horse.
"Here's my share for the room," she said putting her hand out to give William a few silver pieces. "Well I'm off to put her away for the night," Riona said confidently as she moved towards the stables.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-06, 09:59 PM
"As you say good knight, so it must be." The man says, and then walks off to the tavern.

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-07, 05:21 PM
----- William ------

William accepts the silver coins and then walks to the stables and turns his mount over to the stable boy. Please watch over my horse please and see that she gets a good rub down. Do I pay you or the inn keeper for the services of the stable
I pay the lad if he indicates it is him and tip him 5 copper with a promise of 5 more if my and my companions horses are well tended
Once the lad has taken my mount I cross over and enter into the Inn I look about to get a feel for the type of inn and then locate the Inn Keeper
Good Innkeep my companions and I will need a two rooms for the night one for Argus, our guide and myself and one for our traveling companion so she can rest. If possible I would also like a hot bath to wash the travel dust from myself and my clothes.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-08, 04:15 PM
Riona helps the stable boy put her horse into the quarters it would be using, she pets its mane and head. She brushed it down before walking out of the stables into the cool night air. She took a deep breath of the city air, "Never as clean as the forest air," she says to the stars above her.

She makes her way back towards the inn, checking her belt to see that she brought everything with her. After that she wanders around the inn and decides to take a walk around town. She walks in the well lighted streets, making sure to note what was happening and where things were. After an hour or so of her walk she decides to return to the inn. As she walks in she finds the inn keeper asks which room she is suppose to be in, indicating that William is her traveling companion.

She yawns-stretches as she walks up the stairs to her room. She opens the door and quickly looks around inside. "Not to bad," she says to the wall as she closes the door. Throwing her stuff on the bed she takes a seat next to it and stares out the window.

She then moves her stuff off the bed, organizing it so that if she is attacked her sword is right where she can grab it. She then lays back to think and wonders what of her companions.

If no one comes a knocking-assume she is sleeping. :smile: And then maybe if nothing happens we go to day.. after like a post more? *shrugs*

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-08, 07:16 PM
"You, barkeep! I'd like a pitcher of ale, if'n you please." Argus takes his pouch of gold from his belt as he walks to the bar, it's obvious he's already had some to drink from his slight stagger and the smell on his breath.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-08, 07:19 PM
"Well, it seems as though you've had some already, but it's not my place to refuse service to a paying customer" He shrugs and fetches the knight his drink.

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-10, 07:45 AM
---- William ----
If the bath was available William takes advantage of it. If not head heads to the room removes his armor using the wash basin and water pitcher cleans himself. When he his done he puts on his cleric vestments and leaves his armor in the room carrying only his shield he locks the door behind himself and walks down into the tavern and out to the stable

After checking to make sure all the horses are ok he pulls a piece of blue chalk from his pouch and traces a ward against undead on each of the stall doors and then on the windows and stable doors all the while invoking the blessing and protections of Heironeous.

When he is done at the stable he heads back into the inn and walks over to where Argus is drinking.

Argus we have an early day tomorrow and will need you at your best please call it an early evening tonight. Sir Goblin please join me in a meal.

I wave down a server and order the daily special and tea I pay for my meal and the goblins meal I am willing to buy him either tea or a single mug of ale.
While we eat I try to get to know our guide better. through small talk and general questions about his life and the difference he has seen with the new leaders of his people.

Once we finish eating I head up to our room with the goblin and Argus if he will come I lock the door offer the bed to the goblin and sleep on the floor in front of the door with sword and shield close at hand.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-10, 11:33 AM
OOC:

I'm going to send any little information about the goblin that Willam asks in small-talk through PM, since the conversation doesn't involve the party. I know Riona has gone to bed, so it's up to you Argus, you can either continue to roleplay your drinking, or go to bed

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-11, 05:39 PM
"Muh?" Argus looks up at William as he speaks to him, Argus is very obviously tanked. "Yeah, s'pose it's... uh, time fer sleepin'." He pulls himself to his feet and stumbles up the stairs. "Sooner I sleep... sooner I get hair of the god... um... Yeah." He takes his armor off and plops into bed, quickly falling asleep. Krimm, to help me search this thread out.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-11, 07:23 PM
Alright then, everyone's sleeping, so we'll skip to the next morning.

Nothing in particular happening, so you guys post.

anIceFan
2008-08-11, 09:26 PM
Vardin

As the morning dawns the "man" that had been watching the group warrilly the evening before, has once again found his way down to the common room. He is currently seated at a table near the center of the room. To all viewers he is a normal traveler or townsman. His only weapon is a simple darkwood quarterstaff. The leg of mutton rescued from the night before has a slightly different opinion of him though.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-12, 04:01 AM
Argus walks down the stairs with big bags under his eyes and his hand on his head, his equipment locked up in his room. "...Barkeep, jus' a little tankard of ale... Head's killing me." He sits down at a table. "Also, biscuits and bacon if you got 'em." He reaches down and begins taking gold from his pouch.

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-12, 07:12 AM
----- William -----

William wakes in the early morning of pre-dawn cleans his face and hands and teeth. He then performs his morning rituals to Heironeous and then begins the slow process of donning his armor. When he is done he wakes the goblin Shall we go down and have breakfast? He waits for the guide to finish dressing then heads down to breakfast. Upon entering the common room he spies Argus.
Brother did you sleep well? I feel as if I got the first good night rest since we started this task, Well, at least we are getting closer to understanding what is going on. So sir guide can you tell us a little more about where we are headed and what to expect as we get closet to your leader?

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-12, 10:30 AM
"I'm not sure I know too much more than you do. He's been very secretive, and unusual. He doesn't want to "raise funds" for our tribe, he sends off groups of us. My group was told to clear the trade routs. I don't know what the others are doing.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-12, 05:28 PM
"Fairly well... Sleeping is most often easy with Heironeous overhead." He smiles as he takes a drink of his ale and eats his breakfast.
He listens to the goblin as he speaks and speaks himself once he's finished, "Then perhaps we need to stake it out. Wait in hiding for them to come again and see what their plan is. Be it sinister I won't let it stand..."

anIceFan
2008-08-12, 07:12 PM
Vardin

When Vardin overhears the goblin talk of clearing the trade routes, his years of guarding caravans kick in, and he tries to adjust his seat to hear better. In the process of adjusting, the chair makes a loud squeaking noise.

Hi group 2ers. I am the one lone holder from group 3 trying to subtly work my way into your inner circle.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-13, 02:33 AM
Riona wakes to the light in her eyes, the night has gone and left the pleasant day. She yawns happily from a goodnight rest as she stretches out and then lies back against the bed. She quickly swings her legs up and out of the bed while grabbing her gear. As she attached the gear to herself she sang a little bit out loud and once she had assembled all of her gear and was ready she walked out of the room. She wandered down to the tavern area below. She saw her companions and waved.

“HEY!” she said as she sat down smiling. She ordered some eggs and bacon and tried to catch up to the conversation as it proceeded. As she’s listening she hears the loud squeak of a chair moving and instinctively her ears listen close, as she grabs towards her sword. “Be ye friend or foe?” she asks to the man clearly listening in, turning her chair to face his. “What do you want with our little group here?” she asks her sword deftly being pulled from her scabbard towards the man.

Hola! New person! Hi hi! :smallbiggrin: and if I have to make a listen check I'll be cross. haha.

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-13, 12:29 PM
William slides his chair back clearing a path and placing himself between the stranger from yesterday and the goblin guide. He spreads his arms out keeping them away from his sword trusting in his armor and faith to protect him if violence should break out. Good sir I would answer my hasty friend’s question we have lost one companion already to the rigors of the road. I would hate to have more blood spilt while here in the safety and confines of the city walls.
With a glance at the other patrons and the inn staff We seek no trouble we are commissioned by the Temple of Heironeous in Hirdam to investigate the change in the safety of the trade routes please be seated or go about your business.

anIceFan
2008-08-13, 12:43 PM
Vardin

Vardin will hold up his hands to show that he is not holding any weapons. Hold, I mean no harm to you or any others. I simply overheard you talking about the trade routes. I have worked many years guarding caravans, and I find that it is always good to keep my ears open for news of the routes. Please forgive my curiosity.

Vardin will make no other move that could be construed as hostile.

Did I forget to mention that he has mentally prepared the web spell. It is ready to cast if these very mean people try to attack him.
:)

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-14, 03:42 AM
“Hmph!” she says as she puts her sword away. “If you want to trust this guy, then trust away. I’m going to get some air, you’ll find me with my horse.”

Riona sighs a bit and stands up, wandering out to find her horse. She smiles and wanders into the stables. “Ah well what do they know?” she asked a bit worried as she strokes her horse’s mane.

Riona stays in the stables till someone comes and gets her, else after a few hours she’ll wander out. (Ah well not much to say sorry for the small post. haha. :smallbiggrin: )

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-18, 10:22 AM
----- William -----

Looks out at his friend and wonders at the hurt she must be feeling, she so eagerly interacted with new people when they first met. With a sigh he turns back to the caravan guard. Sir please forgive us my friend is not herself today and is quite jumpy mayhaps you can assist us. Our guide was just telling us about the upcoming trials we will face in meeting his leader. We are working on finding out the cause of the change in tactics used by raiders along the trade routes. You indicated you participated in the defence of this town. Please tell us what you know. The more information we have the better chance we have of resolving this conflict.

With that he sits back again keeping himself between the stranger and the goblin guide.

(sorry for the long delay was out sick with a stomache bug from Thursday through Saturday)

anIceFan
2008-08-18, 12:56 PM
Vardin

Vardin relaxes a bit when it appears no on will attack him.
There is no offense taken. Indeed, I ask forgiveness of my rudeness. I was listening to a private conversation. May I join you so that we may have a more comfortable conversation?

If they answer in the affirmative, he will join them, sitting away from the goblin. If not, he will say As you wish, I understand.

Then he will continue.
Let me introduce myself, I am Vardin. I have worked for many years as a Caravan guard. Yesterday, just before you arrived, the town was attacked by a hord of goblins. They were more organized than I have experienced in the past. Shortly before we got the gates closed, everything went black. I was unable to locate the source of the blackness, but one thing I know; it was not natural.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-18, 06:57 PM
Riona stroked her horse's mane and smiled back at the horse. "You know they trust that man, but the only way to know if someone trustworthy is fight in battle them."

"We must fight together and then.. and only then can one be truly trusted. Ah well I have trusted the others on nothing so perhaps I will give this man the same chance."

"I shall trust him for now," she said as she started to place the saddle on her horse and load it full of items.

:D Well I'm glad you are feeling better! :amused: I missed you guys!

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-23, 06:56 AM
((So...why's this thread stopped?))

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-23, 05:44 PM
I dunno! But I'm worried! :< :eek: where is everyone?!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-23, 06:30 PM
Argus still sits in his seat drinking to clear his headache from the previous night, heavy bags still under his eyes, but the eyes themselves look far more comfortable than before. "We did recently lose a member of our circle... lost to a goblin's knife, when he weren't even paying attention." Takes another gulp. "We could very much use another traveling companion to take his place, that is... in addition to our guide." He smiles at the goblin.

anIceFan
2008-08-24, 12:57 PM
Vardin

As the mood in the inn relaxes, Vardin releases the spell that he had prepared in his mind.

So the troubles on the trade routes is more widespread? I did not know that. pauses to think for a moment I was considering leaving the guard business. If none of you object, I would be pleased to help you determine the source of the problems. What have you found so far?

I never left, there was nothing for me to play against. I am always watching the thread waiting for an opening.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-24, 04:01 PM
I've been hoping the thread would pick up upon it's own momentum, but now it's time for the hand of god (no offense hopefully >.>) to guide you.
William seems a little slow to post, but we'll leave him be, and let him post when he gets around to it, instead of waiting.

"It's my people, they're the cause" chimes in the goblin, looking down into his drink "I am not proud of what my people have become, and so I've agreed to lead these people to them, in hopes that we can all solve this problem." He sighed, picking up his drink and finishing it off.
"As soon as you all gather your horses, we will be ready to leave"

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-24, 05:07 PM
"Verily." Argus stood up, and finishing off his mug he walked back to the stables and took his horse.

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-25, 10:17 AM
--- William ---

Listening to conversation he looks at the goblin and remarks Well you are part of the solution too, You will have to listen and learn what you can when we meet with the leaders of the Goblins they will give their reasons as they see them. We will give our opinions on the matter. You who have travelled with us will need to see which way lies the truth. With that he gets up from the table and begins walking to the door It will be good to have another companion escpicially one that is familiar with trade routes around the area.
When he gets to the stable he gives the stable a boy a silver peice to get the horses ready and once they are mounted he gives him another silver peice and the follow message. Go to the Temple or Shire of Heironeous tell the cleric that we lost a companion named Finbiddle please contact the gnome community and let them know he died a hero and add his name to the ranks of the dutiful.
With that he rides out after Riona

anIceFan
2008-08-25, 03:16 PM
Vardin

Vardin accepts that he has now been included into this group. He will still be a bit on guard around them. He rises with them and retrieves his horse from the stables.

Once he is ready, he will join the others ready to ride out.

OOC

Regord_Silentflame - I have taken the liberty to update my sheet with the purchase of a horse.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-26, 03:34 AM
((Alright, you guys head out without any problem. I'll give everyone a little time to post anything they'd want to do "on the road", and if no-one does, I'll skip ahead.))

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-26, 03:40 AM
Riona watched her companions enter the stables and promptly climbed on her horse, riding out into the street. She waited for them patiently; watching Vardin carefully was he got on his horse. Her eyes narrowed for a bit but she quickly turned her head as William rode up next to her. Her horse was calm as it pushed it hooves against the hard cobble stones as Riona patted the left side of it’s neck, drawing its attention as they were about to move out.

Riona hesitated for a moment and dropped a quick word to Vardin, “Sorry for not allowing you some trust, I will do better to see whether you are worthy of the trust I give you now. You'd better not disappoint me.”

Her face turned stern as she looked deeply into Vardin’s eyes and then she lightly applied pressure to her horse’s sides and off they went. She made sure the others were following as she rode towards the edge of town. She figured they could get outside the town and proceed from there. She was handy around the woods and preferred the outside greatly to the cramped quarters of the inner cities and towns. The towns were musty and newly wrought on the land unlike the forests. As she neared the edge of town she nodded to the guards, dipping her head in respect as her horse guided her outside of town. She rode a few feet out of the town, allowed her horse to rear up and turned to face her party members.

As the approached she followed the leader of the pack. (Unless she is the leader? haha dunno why that would be)

Her sharp eye ever watchful of the evils of Goblin and Undead. Her two most hated enemies, now even more hated as they killed her companion Fenbiddle so deceitfully in battle. Her hand was always prepared to leap to her hips and draw the deadly blade from the sheath.

Pissah- I hope I don’t have to have a ride check just to look cool. :P Oh I am assuming nothing fell off of her horse. Nice to see everyone.

HEY NO FAIR REAGORD you got there just a bit early for me. HAHA alright I'll post something "on-the-road" if someone else does first.

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-26, 07:18 AM
--- William ---

As they ride out of the city William watched the Goblin ride to the lead guiding them towards his leader. With a glance at Riona he marvels at the bond she seems to have with her mount and he is also glad his mount is a calm steady animal used to the weight of armored riders. Once they clear the gates and the crowds moving about the city he falls into the easy ride of a long journey and begins thinking about the difficulties of speaking with a hostile leader and clears his mind to find the guidance of his god for the tasks ahead.

I am good for a flash forward

anIceFan
2008-08-26, 10:59 AM
Vardin

Vardin sits easy on his horse. Not sure where the hostility of the fierce woman came from, he responds I can make no promises, I will do my best for our combined cause.

He will allow the group to form up as they would trying to find his natural position.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-27, 02:04 AM
Argus tries to stay in the front of the pack but still behind the guide, his stout armor and reliable blade attached to him like they were his own body. He begins humming an old hymn of his days as a stable-boy at the cathedral of Heironeous.
"Far off I see the goal —
O Saviour, guide me;
I feel my strength is small —
be Thou beside me;
With vision ever clear,
with love that conquers fear,
And grace to persevere,
O Lord, provide me."

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-27, 11:01 PM
Your trip finished without problem, and you reach the Goblin camp. The camp is a close grouping of cottages and tents, arranged in a vaguely circular shape. There are several goblins walking from place to place, and two burly hobgoblins hulking towards your group with scowls on their faces.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-27, 11:11 PM
Argus rides up ahead, beside the goblin guide and stares hard at the surly hobgoblins. He makes no actions that might be considered hostile other than that, but he makes sure he doesn't look like anything even close to a push-over.

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-28, 06:56 AM
----- William -----

Seeing Argus go on guard for signs of trouble William drops to the ground from his horse and slowly walks forward. As he is passing the goblin he hands him his horse’s reigns then walks 10 paces out in front of the group and stops. He takes the easy stance of someone used to waiting in full armor then calls out in voice just loud enough to carry to the village
Good guardsmen we come seeking an audience with your leader. We are a delegation representing the Temple of Heironeous. I am William and these are my traveling companions. If you would be so good as to inform you leader we are here. We will be happy to wait while you make arrangements for us.
He then waits in ready anticipation racking his memory for the hierarchy of goblin tribes and their command structures.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-28, 06:32 PM
Riona looks at the two brutish looking hobgoblins lumbering towards the group, she grips her sword as she sees Argus foolish ride forward and stare down the hobgoblins. 'He knows so little about the way goblin society is run,’ she theorizes in her mind, her knuckles turning a sharp white as she continues to grip the hilt of her sword.

Riona looks down at the ground were the hobgoblins feet are and paces in her mind how quickly she can from there to here and how far they will move, but before she is done calculating William catches her eye as he gets off his horse and walks towards the hobgoblins.

Riona sighs as William speaks toward the group in common language, she climbed off her horse and taking the reigns in her hand to lead the horse with her, she walked up to him and spoke softly, in his ear. “These are GOBLINS,” she stressed. “I am doubtful that will listen to us- peacefully, if you understand,” she whispered as she continued to hold to her swords hilt.

Riona sighs and takes a step back she thought that maybe her skills at speaking Goblin would be useful, but alas she was going to allow them to do whatever they wanted. If needed she could always speak but she preferred the way of the sword.

anIceFan
2008-08-28, 06:44 PM
Vardin

As soon as Vardin sees the Goblin camp he takes a moment to prepare himself in case of battle. When they stop, he will remain mounted and take up a position just behind, and a little to the side of the group leaders. In his mind he prepares to defend the group without getting in their way.

First thing is he casts mage armor on himself. do you want a concentration check?

Next, he will prepare color spray and will cast it as soon as any creature makes an offensive move towards the party.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-28, 09:24 PM
((OOC: No need for the concentration Vardin, they're not next to you))

The Hobgoblins stop only a few second's charge away from William. They glare at the rest of the group and then at William, holding their Maces in front of them then bark out orders
"Ennach hurtase ortake uryate!!"

For those who speak Goblin

"Come with us, now!"

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-28, 10:30 PM
--- William ---

I am sorry but I do not speak your language.
He looks over at Riona What did they say?
He waits in anticipation hoping that he has not already put his foot into it and led his comrades into an ambush. While he has faith in his fighting prowess that is not his mission today.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-08-29, 03:18 AM
Riona looks over at William and explains. “They said that they want us to come with them,” she said as she looked at them.

Riona takes a step forward pulling the reigns of her horse along, her hand never seemed to leave her hilt but she only hovered over it. She spoke back, holding back her sharp tongue, “Oank wurte wdeaisall wat talo crok nurk,” she said in goblin and started to follow them.

For those that speak Goblin
OK we will come with you right now.”

Riona followed them urging her friends on. “I told them we would come with them,” she said her hate of Goblins seemed to seep out of her pores, as she followed the guards, not turning to look at her friends, but watching them closely.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-08-29, 03:46 AM
The Hobgoblins let out a call towards the camp, and several more hobgoblins come out from some of the fore-most tents, marching towards the group. They walk around the group, surrounding them, but keeping a respectable distance, and they start towards the camp.

LatemYvaeh
2008-08-29, 10:28 AM
----- William -----

At Riona's words William can be seen to phyiscally relax he falls in behind the hobgoblins. He gives Riona space in case her well known distrust of goblins proves a better course than his hope for converting these goblins to the faith. As he walks he takes in the sights of the camp looking for signs of poverty or deprevations that would indicate that the tribe is being used by the leader instead of being proctected by him.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-09-02, 06:30 PM
I Hope you guys aren't waiting on me to respond, I've been waiting for at least one other person to post

anIceFan
2008-09-02, 06:38 PM
Vardin

As the group moves forward into the camp, Vardin moves towards the back of the group. He keeps his eyes moving all around ensuring that he will be able to help clear a path for the group if there is need for them to escape.

Sorry, I missed your post on 8/29. I didn't realize that action came back to us.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-09-02, 08:03 PM
Riona sighs as she walks along looking back quickly to check on her party as she wonders why they think the savage goblins would ever switch to a faith other than their own.

She walks along the beaten path, watching for the quickest way out, as she follows behind the hobgoblins. She was quiet but simmering angry at the fact she had to travel with goblins. Goblins were the root of all-evil in the evil tree of the world. They bred of blood and rage filling their surroundings with their evil and destruction, they killed for pleasure and pleasure alone. They were evil. She hated them and wanted to quickly be off from here or destroy their evil whatever way possible.

She felt her lips and throat dry up, as she got tense from the surroundings. She tried to count the goblins they walked by but their seemed to be so many, so she gave up and continued to watch the exits and how to exit easily. She looked ahead towards the larger huts and the way the camp was laid out.

I posted.. though I didn’t know what to say. Is this alright though? WOOO! FIRST ON PAGE 9

Regord_Silentflame
2008-09-03, 02:27 AM
The Hobgoblins lead you through their 'city' and off to one of the few permanent structures, near the center. A bugbear was standing outside the building, it's ankle chained to a post. It watched your group with anger, but the hobgoblins shouted at it, waving it away, and it growled, walking away from the door. They then flanked the door, and opened it, gesturing for you to enter.

LatemYvaeh
2008-09-03, 04:30 PM
---- William ----

William enters into the building noting how the hobgoblins are treating the bugbear. He wonders at the cruelty of chaining another thinking being as he passes he nods to the bugbear then passes into the darker interior of the building where he pauses to allow his eyes to adjust. After his eyes focus to the new light level he looks about taking in the room and its exits he then follows the hobgoblins to there leader. While he walks he notices the look in Riona's eyes and her stance, he says a silent prayer to Heironeous 'May you guide my comrade in the upcoming hours and allow her to see the righteous choice and guide us all to glory.'

anIceFan
2008-09-03, 06:15 PM
Vardin

Vardin is quite indifferent to the way the goblins are treating the bugbear. He knows that had they met in the wild, he would have done his best to kill or run off the beast. He was a bit disheartened by the sounds of the chains rattling, they made him think of a line of prisoners being led to slaughter.

He made it a point to dismount awkwardly and lean on his quarterstaff as if it were a walking stick. The goblins had made no effort to disarm them as of yet, but perhaps if they did they would allow him to keep it.

Once inside, he takes up a position in the rear, so that he can open up a route for escape if the need arose. He allows the prepared web spell to wash back into his mind and instead prepares to dazzle the goblinfolk with color. No need to muck up their escape route with webbing.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-09-03, 08:02 PM
Argus looks at the chained hobgoblin with the slightest bit of sympathy. He then looks forward, keeping as close to the front as possible, always ready to grab his sword should the need arise and letting his head swim with liquid courage and determination. As he moves along he hums the hymn from his old church.

Ritz_PBoD
2008-09-03, 11:58 PM
Riona does not calm down as they approach the large hut, her nerves tensing even more. A closed area even if not very strong would slow their escape provided they need one. She looked over at the bugbear as they passed, wondering if she could use its strength in any possible escape attempt. She however looked calm, cool, and composed, at least composed as on the inside she was not calm as they led them into the hut.

As she entered the rank place she looked around, checking for guards and counting them. Her eyes made quick work of the place helping her memorize every single detail. She remained alert but closer to the front of the group, as she was needed to translate. She then looked ahead her eyes towards the front of the hut.

sorry for being so slow~

Regord_Silentflame
2008-09-04, 01:21 AM
The building is shabby on the inside, with no windows, rugs, or any accessories or furniture, aside from a large desk in the middle of the room, surrounded by several uncomfortable-looking wooden chairs. On the far end of the table, sits a goblin, with another standing next to him, and a rough-looking hobgoblin behind them.

As all of you enter, the seated goblin smiles, his sharp wicked teeth unnerving
"Come, sit down, I'm sure that if you've taken one of us as your guide, then you have urgent business"

LatemYvaeh
2008-09-04, 07:35 AM
---- William ----

William walks across the room gives a slight bow to the goblin at the desk and sits in the center chair. He motions for their goblin guide to come forward and stand be side him.

I am William cleric of Heironeous from the city of Hirdam. We are investigating the change in the travel conditions along the trade routes. As you know trading is a risky business and those that take that risk have certain expectations. When those expectations change it causes panic and changes the realms sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. So we are investigating. Now we were set upon by goblin raiders they fought bravely and honorably for their cause and their sole survivor refused to give us any information. He did agree to let us meet with his leader and so we come to you. And may I have the pleasure of your name sir?

After speaking he leans back in his chair and looks at the leader waiting for him to speak. He avoids the temptation to look around and see what his comrades are doing he places his trust that they will watch his back.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-09-08, 02:29 PM
The goblin nodded, his face unchanged
"You may call me Gerwin, and of your trade situation I have this to say. Your trade routs cut through our lands, and before we had been happy to simply 'take' our 'fair' share of your profits to allow you passage. Now though, we simply wish you to stay out of our borders, and it concerns you none as to why"

anIceFan
2008-09-08, 05:31 PM
Vardin

Vardin is about to angrily give the Goblin leader his opinion on taking their fare share, when he remembers bot that he is the new guy in the group and that they are in the middle of a goblin camp. He wisely bites his lip and waits for one of the groups veterans to handle the discussions.