PDA

View Full Version : Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor

Blayze
2008-04-09, 07:52 AM
Whether this is real or a hoax, I find myself not caring. The mere *possibility* is awesome enough.

Oh. (http://weeklygamejournal.blogspot.com/2008/04/famitsu-411.html) Hell. (http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7z6nsXEhzbSUKa-N16ovhZRw-c66q6DiNsCiyvxBYnoBn59-QQUJcvNII9xRE1eHjMT0YvGXip4/080409_02.jpg) Yes. (http://mht4ia.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7z6nsXEhzbRFksIV5m0m_xQFhKmVkEFxjRJsfnWFCjKqVwz Q7tsLEeFPpFSe22_PnQNgcchcexQ/080409_01.jpg)

Mc. Lovin'
2008-04-09, 08:02 AM
I dont like the way you can see edgeworth and Gumshoe walking around the screen, but the rest looks allright

Dihan
2008-04-09, 08:34 AM
So this must be the infamous "New Gyakuten, Not Saiben" that was revealed a while ago. However, Gyakuten Saiban 5 is being made.

It's going to be called Gyakuten Kenji though, and is likely to be a spin off. It'll probably be set in the 7 years after Phoenix lost his badge.

It is real. :smallbiggrin:

Terraoblivion
2008-04-09, 02:36 PM
If doihaveaname is correct then this is so extremely awesome. Not only is it a great series and Edgeworth is a great character, it will be nice to see that crazy legal system from the other side so to speak. So please, please, please be true.

Blayze
2008-04-09, 05:38 PM
I guess this time around, we're going to end up seeing the cases that are skewed highly in favour of the defence. Either that or, in classic AA style, there's a lot of roundabout banter for the first day or so of the trial, followed by the true criminal being revealed (Since Edgeworth seemed to spend as much time prosecuting his own witnesses as he did the defendants).

To be honest, even though I'm hoping that this game is set between T&T and AJ, and at least lets us know what happened to our favourite characters from the Phoenix saga (The ones we didn't get to meet in AJ, that is), part of me wants to see *******!Edgeworth from before Wright burst onto the scene.

Tengu
2008-04-09, 05:47 PM
So this time we'll be seeing cases where the defendant actually is guilty! (Well, there was like that in the second game, but the exception doesn't count.)

Looks extremely interesting. I'm sure it will be as fun as the other games from the series, if not more. Which reminds me that I still have to play AJ...

Dihan
2008-04-09, 05:49 PM
I just realised that "New Gyakuten, Not Saiban" means "New Turnabout, Not Trial". Does this mean there are no court cases? I don't see any court case screen shots, only investigation shots.

I hope there are court cases though, and I don't see how it can be a Turnabout without the trial. How can Miles be a prosecutor without doing the prosecuting?... Maybe they're just showing off the new features first... Either way, if there are trials I bet Grossberg is the Defence version of Payne.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-04-09, 05:50 PM
Objection!

No, I'm just kidding, this is the best idea ever.

! ! ! ! !

Also, I really need to play 2, 3, and 4 soonish.

Grim Greyscale
2008-04-09, 06:00 PM
Where did that "Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor" title come from? The game doesn't have an announced English version yet, and he's hardly perfect.

Also, I sure hope this isn't a hoax like the last three times this game was "Announced".

Tengu
2008-04-09, 06:05 PM
Where did that "Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor" title come from? The game doesn't have an announced English version yet, and he's hardly perfect.

Well, he depends almost entirely on solid arguments and being one step ahead of the defense, which makes him a perfect prosecutor in comparison to the others, who mostly depend on pulling strawmen, intimidating the judge and physical violence.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-04-09, 06:31 PM
Well, he had an undefeated record before Phoenix showed up...maybe it's a prequel after all?

Blayze
2008-04-10, 06:03 AM
I just called the title "Perfect Prosecutor" because others did so. More than likely it'll be called "Ace Prosecutor" instead.

Sneak
2008-04-10, 06:08 AM
But then there wouldn't be any alliteration!

Blayze
2008-04-10, 08:06 AM
Oh, fine. Prime Prosecutor: Miles Edgeworth.

Happy now? :P

Skippy
2008-04-10, 12:53 PM
Edgeworth!!

I'm glad this game is being made. It looks awesome and Edgeworth is one of my favorite characters in the whole series.

I heard some people say it is placed between cases 1-1 and 1-3 in the Phoenix Wright series.

obvious pun
2008-04-10, 08:22 PM
Can't wait till it's out. I just gotta remember that...

The first guy is never guilty.
The guy who "couldn't come to the trial" on the first day is.
Everything gets used at least once. Yes, even the metal detector comes in handy later.
When in doubt, ask everyone everything about everything. "Why thats... Not important at all!" Sigh, next item...
Leave nothing unchecked. Yes, especially that.
And most importantly, save up your money so you can buy the next game. Now you know why I still don't have Trials and Tribulations, Justice for All, and Apollo Justice.