PDA

View Full Version : A bit more for your monk.

Shinton
2008-04-09, 02:07 PM
First off: As I can't find my PHB right now, this may not apply, as I am basing all this info on what I think I remember

Secondly:

These are just a few feats/tweaks you might consider for monks.
I have no idea what to make the prerequisites.

Amored Agility
The monk has become knowledgeable enough of their abilities that they may now channel all their monk abilities through Light armor.

Normal: A monk character loses abilties while in armor.
Bonus: The monk may now retain all lost abilities while in LIGHT armor.

[Editors note: This could probably go up to heavy armor if you really wanted to allow it]

Some sort of improved ki
Sorry for the name

The monk has learned how to utilize her ki to do more than bypass DR.

On any target that does not have damage reduction (or damage reduction that she can bypass) her crit multiplier is increased to x3.

[Editors Note: perhaps (also?) increase the range to 19-20

Stycotl
2008-04-14, 12:28 PM
first feat: cool. you need to reword the text, but it is good. a lot of people houserule monks to be able to wear light armor, but a feat is not a bad idea, especially if you use a monk variant that gets more bang for the buck in its class features; requiring a feat for armor seems fair.

second one: good idea. it seems split to me though. i would either detach it completely from ki strike, or i would find a way to tie it in better. as it is, i have a hard time visualizing it.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-04-14, 12:51 PM
First off: As I can't find my PHB right now, this may not apply, as I am basing all this info on what I think I remember

Secondly:

These are just a few feats/tweaks you might consider for monks.
I have no idea what to make the prerequisites.

Amored Agility
The monk has become knowledgeable enough of their abilities that they may now channel all their monk abilities through Light armor.

Normal: A monk character loses abilties while in armor.
Bonus: The monk may now retain all lost abilities while in LIGHT armor.

[Editors note: This could probably go up to heavy armor if you really wanted to allow it]

Some sort of improved ki
Sorry for the name

The monk has learned how to utilize her ki to do more than bypass DR.

On any target that does not have damage reduction (or damage reduction that she can bypass) her crit multiplier is increased to x3.

[Editors Note: perhaps (also?) increase the range to 19-20

Armored Agility [General]
Prerequisites: Armor Proficiency (light, medium, or heavy), class abilities that do not function while wearing light, medium, or heavy armor.
Benefit: Abilities that normally do not function while you are wearing light, medium, or heavy armor now continue to function normally.
Special: You can take this feat up to three times. Each subsequent time this feat is taken, it allows the use of restricted abilities while wearing a given weight of armor.

Shinton
2008-04-15, 07:04 PM
Lord Iames: Did you pull that from a book (looks very official :D)

Stycotl: I tried it out in a recent game... Decided to make it a decision when you reach a certain level, maybe first ki strike.

Ki Pulse
Users choice, taken at time of acheivment: Increase your crit multiplier while using Unarmed Strike to x3, or increase your crit range while using Unarmed Strike to 19-20.

Ty for the replies

Stycotl
2008-04-19, 10:38 PM
Lord Iames: Did you pull that from a book (looks very official :D)

Stycotl: I tried it out in a recent game... Decided to make it a decision when you reach a certain level, maybe first ki strike.

Ki Pulse
Users choice, taken at time of acheivment: Increase your crit multiplier while using Unarmed Strike to x3, or increase your crit range while using Unarmed Strike to 19-20.

Ty for the replies

cool. can you take it twice to get both effects? maybe give a +10 bab prerequisite to the second time you buy it or something.

Shinton
2008-04-20, 02:50 PM
actually what I was thinkning was that as a monk ability. recieved around the second time you get ki strike.

Maybe the other as a feat.

Zurpl
2008-04-20, 03:31 PM
Another great couple of additions to the monk class.

Also, you should reword the already reworded Ki Pulse to specifically bypass DR if that's still what you intend to do.