View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 38: Buff vs Arashi

ArenaManager
2008-04-09, 04:23 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 38: Buff vs. Arashi

Map:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/Kyace/glasshouse.png

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Stupnick - Buff (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=48662)
theterran - Arashi (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3654)

All Combatants, please roll initiative.

stupnick
2008-04-09, 05:19 PM
Checking in and rolling Initiative.

[roll0]

Good Luck : )

it seems that in this glass arena your hide checks won't really help ya tho.. i feel bad for this being your first venue

theterran
2008-04-10, 07:22 AM
That's what you think :smallamused:

Hopefully this character will work as I hope it will...otherwise this will be sucktastic! :smallwink:

Initiative

[roll0]

theterran
2008-04-10, 07:33 AM
Arashi - Round 1

Starting in Y13 with a crossbow bolt in hand, I will move to R11.
There I will invoke Darkness (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/darkness.htm) on the crossbow bolt.

Darkness envelopes squares N6 --> U14 (A ref can correct me if I'm wrong)

Then I will take a swift action to Hide in Plain sight using the Darkness with the feat Blend into Shadow

@Refs
[roll0]
Free Action: I will then drop the bolt into R10.

So Darkness covers all squares up to 5 squares away from R10...and I'm hiding.

End my Turn.

Stats:
HP: 8/8
AC: 18 Touch: 16 FF: 13
In Hand:
Bolts (19/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10
Darkness Covers: N6->U14 (I think)

stupnick
2008-04-10, 07:53 AM
well i do believe since darkness is only 20ft radius it wouldn't touch the 6 line but everything else in that square.

oh.. and touche...

starting in b14 and move to d14

for ref's

ready an action to cast daze if i see him.

Stats

HP: 25
AC: 12

your go.

theterran
2008-04-10, 08:41 AM
Arashi - Round 2

@Refs/Actions:
Move Action: Draw another Xbow Bolt.
Move Action: Move to Q18.

You see me emerge from the Darkness to the south of it and end my movement in Q18. I have a bolt in hand.

Question for Refs:
Can I throw a bolt into a square say 20ft away without it breaking?

The question does not effect the current state of things, so it's your turn.
End my Turn.

Stats:
In Hand: Bolt
Bolts (19/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10
Darkness Covers: N6->U14 (I think)

stupnick
2008-04-10, 09:20 AM
move to f13

for ref's

maintain same ready action, daze if i have LOE

Stats

EDIT: your turn

theterran
2008-04-10, 10:01 AM
Arashi - Round 3

Standard Action: Invoke Darkness onto the bolt in Hand.
Darkness should now cover the whole right side.
Swift Action: Hide

@Refs

[roll0]
Free Action: Drop the Bolt into Q19.
Move Action: Move to M19.

Darkness should now be covering all of the right side of the inside of the 'box' and extending into L19 on the bottom.

End my Turn.

Stats:
Bolts (18/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10, Q19
Darkness Covers: N6->U20 (I think) and little arms into L19-L20.

Talic
2008-04-10, 11:33 AM
High Ref Talic

@Arashi:Exact text on Blend into Shadow to verify legality of all moves?

As for question, technically, no. Thrown bolts are destroyed when they hit their target. Closest you could manage is dropping it in an adjacent square.

theterran
2008-04-10, 12:14 PM
@Refs

Blend into Shadows:
You can draw from nearby magical shadow to cloak yourself in darkness.
Prerequisite: Darkness as a spell-like ability.
Benefit: As a swift action, you can spend a use of your darkness spell-like ability to make a Hide check, even while being observed and w/o cover or concealment. You must be within 10ft of an area of magical darkness.
You also gain one additional daily use of your darkness spell-like ability.

I have unlimited uses of darkness as a spell-like ability, so spending a use of it is negligible...

Talic
2008-04-10, 01:12 PM
High Ref Talic

@Arashi:Note, then, that the ability works so long as you're within 10 feet of a form of magical darkness. Nice. Out of morbid curiousity, At home in the deep does? NM, evidently there's some online talk of this combo already.

Everything looks good. Buff's up.

stupnick
2008-04-10, 01:20 PM
staying where i am

for ref's

ready action, cast daze, if i get LoE

stats

your turn..

btw how long does your darkness last?

Talic
2008-04-10, 01:26 PM
High Ref Talic

Per previous rulings, readied actions are visible (but not their triggers or the action).

Based on this, Buff has a readied action.

As for the question, Arashi linked you the SRD entry for darkness in post 4.

stupnick
2008-04-10, 01:30 PM
ok.. well i was just wondering considering it's a level 2 spell, and we are level 1. and also that since he has cast it twice.. and that's rather odd for a level 1 to cast a level 2 spell twice.

i am to assume then 10 minutes.

theterran
2008-04-10, 01:36 PM
10 minutes :smallbiggrin:

(edit)It's an invocation, so I can cast it indefinately...but it's the only spell I have...(/edit)

Arashi - Round 4

Actions:
Move Action: Draw a Bolt
Standard Action: Cast Darkness on it.
I should still be hidden...but incase I need another roll...
[roll0]

You notice the Darkness expand into an arc between M14 - H20

End my Turn.

Stats:
Bolts (17/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10, Q19, M19(in-hand)
Darkness Covers: N6->U20 (I think) and an expanse between M14 and H20.

stupnick
2008-04-10, 02:12 PM
can you see through the darkness, b/c no offence if you cannot i need to be doing my movements in spoilers... let me know. also with stating that i am readying an action, is that only if i can be seen? or also if i am hidden and ready an action do i need to state that so my opponent can see?

read if you can see through darkness

move 10 feet forward to H13, ready an action to daze if he comes in LoE

ready an action (if i need to state it :smallbiggrin: )

stats

your go

theterran
2008-04-10, 02:53 PM
@Stupnick
The Darkness spell everyone can see through...it only causes 20% Concealment, and I have a feat that negates that, but yes, I can see through it, and you can too, you just can't see me cause I'm hiding :smallwink:

Arashi - Round 5

@Actions
5ft Step to L18.
Free Action: Drop Bolt in K17, which should envelope the southwest quad.
Standarrd Action: Eldritch Blast
[roll0]
[roll1]

Move Action: As per Sniping Rules, take a move action to Hide at -20 mod
[roll2]

End my Turn. Will need a ref.

Stats
In Hand:
Bolts (17/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10, Q19, K17
Darkness Covers: N6->U20 (I think) and an expanse between I14 - F16

Talic
2008-04-10, 03:25 PM
High Ref Talic

LOS CHECK:

@Refs only:Reactive spot for Buff: [roll0]

Addl -2 penalty for distance (25 feet), DC is 1. Will edit in info after see result.

@Buff:Beam came out of the darkness to the southeast, but you don't know where from. You were hit, for 4 damage.

@Arashi:LOS obviously. You hit for 4 damage.

stupnick
2008-04-10, 04:18 PM
High Ref Talic

LOS CHECK:

@Buff:Beam came out of the darkness to the southeast, but you don't know where from. You were hit, for 4 damage.

ok real quick.. according to

@Stupnick
The Darkness spell everyone can see through...it only causes 20% Concealment, and I have a feat that negates that, but yes, I can see through it, and you can too, you just can't see me cause I'm hiding

how can i not see him?? i cna see through it as he said. and therefor since i am looking i should be able to see him and take my readied action...

FlyMolo
2008-04-10, 04:49 PM
Initiate Ref Flymolo

The darkness spell provides concealment. It's like a huge shadow, and he's in there somewhere, but hidden. It doesn't really make sense, as in theory you could see his outline against the brightly lit background, but hey. It's an abstraction.

Mechanically, it's the same as standing in some bushes. You can hide under the bushes, but it's pointless unless you can distract your opponent or do it while he's not looking. Except in this case, because Arashi has a feat which lets him hide even while you're looking at him. And because he's hidden, you can't see him, and therefore can't use your readied action.

That's my 2cp.

refs:Is this the lowest successful hide check in the history of hide checks or what? More seriously, I'm unsure about this readied action. Technically, perhaps there's a time between Arashi's standard and move actions where he can be seen, but practically, Buff didn't see jack, and still doesn't know where Arashi is. So my gut says no.

Talic
2008-04-10, 05:06 PM
High Ref Talic

It's dim. It's hard to see through, but not impossible. Everything in it is slightly indistinct, and benefits from 20% concealment. Since your opponent has concealment, Arashi can legally hide. Normally it wouldn't be enough to START hiding, but your opponent has an ability that allows that.

stupnick
2008-04-10, 05:09 PM
alright, thank you

i figured he would have to be seen for at least a few seconds during the time he attacked me. i understand he can hide in it. but he becomes visible to attack.. so i should effectively see him during that time, and it would triger my readied action...

will post my action in a few hours when i get home.

Talic
2008-04-10, 06:01 PM
High Ref Talic

Nope, you didn't see Arashi at any point of the attack. I can't tell you why that's the case, but all actions were legal, and based on yours and Arashi's, you didn't see your opponent at any point last round.

stupnick
2008-04-10, 06:23 PM
4 damage noted...

runnign to m13

stats

HP: 21

cmon show yourself... hiding in the shadows.... what's with that.

your turn

theterran
2008-04-11, 06:07 AM
Arashi - Round 6

Actions:
Move Action: Move to K15.
Move Action: Draw a Bolt.

[roll0]

End my Turn.

Stats:

Bolts (17/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10, Q19, K17
Darkness Covers: N6->U20 (I think) and an expanse between I14 - F16

stupnick
2008-04-11, 02:27 PM
i will not be moving. readying an action

ready an action to cast acid orb, when darkness get's to the 11 line.

stats

HP: 21

your go

theterran
2008-04-11, 09:15 PM
I probably won't be able to continue this until Monday, so please don't DQ me! :smalleek:

Bayar
2008-04-14, 04:51 AM
Ref Bayar

@refs:

Arashi rolled a natural 1 on his last hide check. Doesnt that mean an auto-fail?

Talic
2008-04-14, 05:37 AM
High Ref Talic

@Bayar, Refs:Alas, no. Skill checks and ability checks do not auto-fail on a natural 1. Only attack rolls and saving throws get that distinction.

theterran
2008-04-14, 06:31 AM
Arashi - Round 7

Actions:
Standard Action: Invoke Darkness on the bolt in hand.
Move Action: Move to H13.

[roll0]

Darkness expands to encompass most of the NW quadrant. The maximum furthest points are G8 - M12.

End my Turn.

Stats:
Bolts (17/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10, Q19, K17, H13 (in-hand)
Darkness Covers: Right half of the building + the SW part and everything up to G8 - M12.

stupnick
2008-04-14, 12:23 PM
you have triggered my ready action.

i will be getting a ref to get some rulings in here.. i would like to hold another 1 second, till darkness get's to the 13 line. and if that is possibly i would also like to know how close it get's to me.

also i would like to know if i could judge the distance where the darkness ends, near me, and use that with the cross of the 13 line, to determain the square he would most likely be in.

theterran
2008-04-14, 01:34 PM
how dare you try to use mathematics to beat me :smallwink:

Talic
2008-04-14, 01:42 PM
High Ref Talic

You're entitled to know any square that darkness is in, and you're entitled to do whatever you like with that information. As far as holding until something specific happens, the move you're describing is Readying an Action.

Bayar
2008-04-14, 02:06 PM
Ref Bayar

Well, he did ready an action. But he wasnt that specific.

i will not be moving. readying an action

ready an action to cast acid orb, when darkness get's to the 11 line.

stupnick
2008-04-14, 02:10 PM
correct

since i have readied an action, to cast acid orb. i would like to know, when it reaches and covers the 13 line, how close to me is it? that way i can count 4 squares back in that direction and attack that square : )

yes, i did ready and action, but as stated. under ready an action, you don't need to specify the action, just that you are readying an action.

so since i readyied an action, i would like to know where the darkness lies, when it covers the 13 line. as stated.

Talic
2008-04-14, 05:55 PM
High Ref Talic

You can ready a standard action, a move action, or a free action. To do so, specify the action you will take and the conditions under which you will take it. You do need to specify the action. You spoiler it because you are not required to tell your opponent.

Now, 1 sec, while I figure out all the darkness effects and such.

Talic
2008-04-14, 06:23 PM
High Ref Talic

Here's the relevant information for the trigger. At the beginning of Arashi's action, the darkness enveloped to K13 at it's northmost edge, and G17 at the Westmost edge.

The action was triggered when darkness spread suddenly, so that the northmost edge was K11, and the Eastmost edge was at G15, and G17. The readied action was set to trigger at the 11 line, not the 13 line.

You may take your readied action, after which Arashi may amend any actions that take place after that readied action.

@Arashi:You will have a move action remaining

stupnick
2008-04-14, 06:25 PM
ok well.. i guess i guess i won't take one since i couldn't amend it to the 13 line... damn mistypes..LOL

stupnick
2008-04-14, 06:44 PM
i will take my action, if you are going to change yours, i will amend mine.

i will begin casting a spell

ref's

can i get someone to look at his darknesses, and make sure they are acurate, as i just stated, they do not make sense at all.

Studying the map.

Since you stated that darkness farthest points were M12, and G8. that would mean counting back 4 squares. that it just doesn't work.. 4 squares back, the 5th square including m12, is I12. then from G8, the 5th square counting back is G12.

Assuming you are in I12, they would go up to I8, and then in the G line it would only stretch up to 9.

and if you were in G12, it would cover up to g8, but it would only go to k12.

please clarify how his sleeps are larger than the 20ft radius please

stats

HP: 21/25
casting sleep

your go

chilepepper
2008-04-14, 07:14 PM
ref chilepepper

buffI can't explain how the darkness is larger than 20' radius because your character has no way of knowing. However, I assure you everything is legal.

Also, you have to state what spell you are casting, for the refs. That information can be spoilered.

Still Buff's turn, need a clarification.

stupnick
2008-04-14, 07:55 PM
post edited per chile.

chilepepper
2008-04-14, 08:28 PM
The turn passes to Arashi

chilepepper
2008-04-15, 12:41 AM
ref chilepepper

This should help.

Map with shadow area painted in
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/shaunpatrick/glasshouseshadow.png

refsDarkness works just like light, only opposite. Light passing through the glass (tinted) gets reduced X amount, granting 20% concealment. The darkness would likewise get reduced X amount. The 20% concealment amount of darkness gets filtered out when it passes through the glass. Squares like E11, don't have the "shadowy illumination" from the emanation effect.

Talic
2008-04-15, 01:51 AM
@Chile, refs:Not quite. Darkness is similar to light. It does travel through anything that blocks LoE without blocking LOS. However, the spell doesn't provide for reduced effect based on concealment. If any of the spell gets through, all of it gets through.

The spell specifically states that the spell's effect is stopped by a covering that is lightproof. That overrides standard rules of any solid object blocking the effect. If the covering (in this case, the wall) is not lightproof (it's not), the spell is unaffected.

chilepepper
2008-04-15, 03:03 AM
refs, talic
I assume the point of stating that covering it blocks the effect is to point out that the object is 'shining' darkness (shining being a verb, not an adjective). It is anti-light, as opposed to an absence of light. I guess the fact that it's magical darkness (or light in the other case) it's not distorted or reduced by things like tinted glass. I guess this is a case of RAW versus real world science. Since nothing RAW supports my assumption, Talic is correct. I'll just change the image where I have it hosted.

If you looked at the map I posted before this post, it has been changed, go back and look again.

theterran
2008-04-15, 06:56 AM
Arashi - Round 8

Actions:

[roll0]
Move to I9.
Drop the bolt in J9.
Move back to H13.

Darkness spreads to just about the entire NW section covering all but the corners (I'm estimating, if a ref would like to draw it, be my guest :smallwink: )

End my Turn.

Stats:
In Hand:
Bolts (16/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10, Q19, K17, J9
Darkness Covers: Just about the whole building.

stupnick
2008-04-15, 07:31 AM
REF's

ok i may sound like a major dork here...

but i do i have to choose the spot i was going to choose for my sleep target, or can i pick it at the finalization of casting?

my target was where i worked out, H12, would effect both possiblities, but now since the darkness has moved i would target closer to the center of it. which would be the SE corner of H9?

holding for clarification

Talic
2008-04-15, 08:09 AM
High Ref Talic

@Buff:You may choose your target upon completion of casting.

stupnick
2008-04-15, 08:51 AM
spell finishes casting

sleep, 10ft burst, SE corner of H9

listen check to see if i hear him fall to the ground asleep.

if i do, i will move towards that direction 10ft, and with draw my weapon

if i do not, i will all out run out of the circle to get out of the darkness, running to E13. as i only have speed 10, and x4 is only 40ft.

ref resoloution needed then will post action publicly.

Bayar
2008-04-15, 09:18 AM
Ref Bayar

@other refs:
1. The sleep spell doesnt say that the target falls to the ground, only that it falls asleep. So I think that it just stands on his feet sleeping. Saw this in alot of games.

2. Buff didnt roll for a listen check...he should learn to do so, and not wait for refs to roll for him.

3. As for his action, running in that direction will make him bump into Arashi. how do we rule that ?

Maurkov
2008-04-15, 12:08 PM
Ref Maurkov

@refs1) Bayar, I haven't seen any ruling where a sleeping or unconscious gladiator remained standing. Cite?
2)He won't have to. If Arashi fails his save, he'll no longer be hiding.
3)See 2, but if Arashi does save, he gets to choose whether to block Buff when he tries to move through.

Bayar
2008-04-15, 12:44 PM
Ref Maurkov

@refs1) Bayar, I haven't seen any ruling where a sleeping or unconscious gladiator remained standing. Cite?
2)He won't have to. If Arashi fails his save, he'll no longer be hiding.
3)See 2, but if Arashi does save, he gets to choose whether to block Buff when he tries to move through.

Ref Bayar

@refs:
Last I checked, Arashi wasnt in the area of effect of the sleep spell, so no will save required.

And the guy specifically said "when he will drop to the ground". And when the spell ends, what happens? is the target prone or magically back up on his feet? The spell description only states that the targets fall asleep. It is an expresion that should not be taken literally.

Anyone who has played Lineage 2 for example would agree with me.

Maurkov
2008-04-15, 01:24 PM
Ref Maurkov

@refsThis is not going to be one of those "even though I'm dead I can still take actions because the dead condition doesn't say I can't (c.f. stunned)" situations. Here's a ruling (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3473537&postcount=125) from the high ref.

Yep, looks like the spell missed anyway.

@theterranplease post an empty spoiler block so that stupnick can't deduce that his spell missed entirely.

theterran
2008-04-15, 02:27 PM
@Refs
Here is an empty spoiler block!

Maurkov
2008-04-15, 03:15 PM
Ref Maurkov

@stupnickYou don't hear anything. Complete your action.

stupnick
2008-04-15, 03:18 PM
Seeing that his spell completion didn't warrent him the desired response, Buff decides he is going to get out of the darkness, and bolts.

full out run down the 13 line, i believe i end in e13, which is my 40ft (x4) movement.

stats listed below

your go

theterran
2008-04-15, 03:24 PM
@Refs
If he runs that..he'll bump right into me...which I guess he's allowed to...how is this handled?

chilepepper
2008-04-15, 03:39 PM
ref chilepepper

Buff's movement ends in I13.

It is Arashi's turn.

stupnick
2008-04-15, 04:05 PM
is there a reason for that?

Maurkov
2008-04-15, 04:11 PM
Ref Maurkov

I believe you ran into something, but lack the standard action necessary to overrun it.

stupnick
2008-04-15, 04:17 PM
heh.. ah..

chilepepper
2008-04-15, 05:04 PM
ref chilepepper

Updated map with shadow
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii295/shaun_rp/glasshouseshadow.png

Maurkov
2008-04-15, 05:36 PM
@chilepepperEach 20' radius effect is 45' in diameter? Is theterran not placing his darknesses on intersections?

chilepepper
2008-04-15, 11:19 PM
ref chilepepper

maurkov, refs
Darkness isn't an area spell, it's a touch spell with a emanation effect. Darkness is being invoked on crossbow bolts and the bolts are being dropped in squares.

Nothing important, keep the action rolling.

theterran
2008-04-16, 06:37 AM
Arashi - Round 9

Actions:
5ft Step to G12.
Standard Action: Eldritch Blast
[roll0]
[roll1]
Move action to Snipe and Hide (like last time).
[roll2]

End my Turn.

Stats:
In Hand:
Bolts (16/20)
Darkness Covers: See the Map :smallsmile:

stupnick
2008-04-16, 12:33 PM
assuming that what i ran into was you : )

free action (i think) waving my hand where he was to see if he's still there
if that is not a free action i do not do it

if he is not there, or i can not do that. i would like a spot and listen check to see if i can see where he moved to

checks for ref

Listen Check is DC 5, or His Move Silently Check, which ever is higher.
[roll0]
[roll1]

stats

Spells Cast- 0 Zero, 1 First

waiting on response, will finish soon.

Talic
2008-04-16, 05:46 PM
High Ref Talic

Trying to touch your opponent to verify location is a touch attack, which is a standard action.

stupnick
2008-04-16, 06:08 PM
as stated in my previous post, if that can't happen, then the other info is posted.. so i would need a ref to rule if i can spot/listen to his location

Talic
2008-04-17, 01:42 AM
High Ref Talic

Now that I've had a chance to look over the last couple actions...

@Buff:You were hit by an energy beam from the northwest. 2 damage total. Again, you do not see anything, but you can barely make out a sound nearby, from the Northwest.

@Arashi:You hit your opponent. 2 damage dealt.

stupnick
2008-04-17, 07:41 AM
2 damage noted.

i got the answer i needed and will take my turn. since i was hit from the north/by northwest from you i will use my draconic breath feat and shoot a cone of fire down that area.

getting rid of a 1st level spell to deal 2d6 damage

[roll0] Reflex save DC 10+1(spell level)+3(cha)=14 for half damage

map with the section hit by my fire breath

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL993/4285676/9009737/313619996.jpg

stats

Spells Cast- 0 Zero, 2 First

your turn

EDIT: How crappy of damage!!!!

theterran
2008-04-17, 07:57 AM
[roll0]

Arashi - Round 10

Actions:
Move to H16.
[roll1]
Move Silently - [roll2]

End my Turn.

Stats:
HP: 4/8
In Hand:
Bolts (16/20)
Darkness Covers: See the Map

stupnick
2008-04-17, 08:07 AM
Listen/Spot Check

[roll0] listen
[roll1] spot

edited what each roll was, went in order according to how i posted i would do the checks.

waiting on response to finish action.

stats

HP: 19/25

Talic
2008-04-17, 10:29 PM
High Ref Talic

@Buff:You see and hear nothing.

Also, pls update your stat block to reflect accurate damage taken.

stupnick
2008-04-17, 10:48 PM
all out run to a13

ref's

my stat block was correct. i took 6 damage so far this game and it stated that. 19/25....

damage taken
4 points told in post 18
2 points told in post 69

Stats

your go

theterran
2008-04-18, 06:45 AM
Arashi - Round 11

Actions:
Move to I13.
Draw a Bolt.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Bolts (16/20)

stupnick
2008-04-18, 11:36 AM
move ro e11

Stats

your go

theterran
2008-04-18, 11:55 AM
Arashi - Round 12

Actions:
I will Attack the Pane of Glass between E11 and F11 with an Eldritch Blast.
Not sure what the AC to hit that would be...but here's a roll.

[roll0]
[roll1] HP 3/Hardness 1

He will see me briefly as I do this, then I will take a swift action to Hide again.

[roll2]

And Move to J14.

End my Turn. Will get a Ref.

Stats:
Bolts (16/20)

chilepepper
2008-04-19, 02:22 AM
ref chilepepper

arashiLike the floor, walls are AC 5.

Arashi, in I13, shatters the glass between E11 and F11, then disappears.

stupnick
2008-04-19, 10:01 AM
That was a cheap shot : p

run to e16

Stats

your go

theterran
2008-04-21, 07:31 AM
Arashi - Round 13

Actions:
Cast Darkness on the Bolt in Hand.
Move to G14.
[roll0]
Move Silently - [roll1]

The Darkness expands to B13 and B14.

End my Turn.

Stats:
Bolts (16/20)
Bolts of Darkness lay in: R10, Q19, K17, J9, G14 (in-hand)
Darkness Covers: See the Map + B13/B14

stupnick
2008-04-21, 07:46 AM
alright : )

well since darkness expanded out to b13/14, that means you have to be in f13 or 14, or a bolt is, but if a bolt is, you wouldn't be to far from it.

so. move to 10ft to d14

convert level 1 spell to breath weapon, and expunge it out towards where you should be.

map where breath hits

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL993/4285676/9009737/314143960.jpg

[roll0] Reflex save DC 10+1(spell level)+3(cha)=14 for half damage

hopefully this should get you, else this isn't going to be very good for me from here on out..LOL

your go

theterran
2008-04-21, 08:36 AM
Even w/ the Reflex Save...that finishes me off.

That 25 HP is killer when you can only deal 1d6 a go...

Nice Match.

Bayar
2008-04-21, 10:01 AM
That 25 HP is killer when you can only deal 1d6 a go...

Question: How do you even have 25?

You start with 8 from class, 5 from CON, 3 from toughness and 6 total from Draconic toughness. Total is 22. From where the extra 3 HP ?

stupnick
2008-04-21, 10:19 AM
8 from battle sorcerer
5 from con
3 from toughness
6 from draconic toughness
2 from staltwart sorcerer
1 from trait
25 total hp

good match... that darkness really sucked..

i personally didn't plan on using draconic breath on this character at all. but i had no choice. my personal plan was sleep, then whack with the heavy pick..lol but with darkness that didn't go so well..

stupnick
2008-04-21, 10:22 AM
8 from battle sorcerer
5 from con
3 from toughness
6 from draconic toughness
2 from staltwart sorcerer
1 from trait
25 total hp

good match... that darkness really sucked..

i personally didn't plan on using draconic breath on this character at all. but i had no choice. my personal plan was sleep, then whack with the heavy pick..lol but with darkness that didn't go so well..

Mavian
2008-04-21, 11:43 AM
High Ref Mav

Buff wins and may claim the commiserate prizes if he so desires.