PDA

View Full Version : Redcloaks kin: Why not? [Spoilers ahead!]

Supreme Evil
2008-04-09, 06:34 PM
RC mentions that he could raise Right-Eye if he wanted to. And unless Right-Eye's sons' bodies were destroyed, he should have been able to raise them, albeit with some power loss to them. So why didn't he?

Greg
2008-04-09, 06:38 PM
Xykon could have used them to blackmail him.

Phase
2008-04-09, 07:13 PM
Yeah, and all material components would go to xykon or RC would be epicly smited.

Supreme Evil
2008-04-09, 07:36 PM
Yeah, and all material components would go to xykon or RC would be epicly smited.

But RC said he had what he needed to raise Right-Eye.

Forealms
2008-04-09, 08:08 PM
SoD Spoilers: Why didn't RC raise his nephews?

This is not exactly the greatest title. This seems to scream to me that Redcloak's nephews are dead, which essentially defeats the purpose of saying "Spoiler". Unless you expect people to avert their gaze to titles?

Trazoi
2008-04-09, 08:12 PM
This is not exactly the greatest title. This seems to scream to me that Redcloak's nephews are dead, which essentially defeats the purpose of saying "Spoiler". Unless you expect people to avert their gaze to titles?
I thought of it more as "why didn't Redcloak look after his nephews, raising them like a father?". I guess I don't have enough D&D pumping through my brain.

Of course that's a spoiler that his brother is dead.

And I'm also not sure why I'm spoilering this, given that it's already spoilt by other comments here :smallconfused:

Squidmaster
2008-04-09, 08:16 PM
because of the inevitble "What happened to my dad?" questions I think. RC couldnt deal with his brother if he raised him, so I doudt he could live with his nephews.

Supreme Evil
2008-04-09, 08:22 PM
because of the inevitble "What happened to my dad?" questions I think. RC couldnt deal with his brother if he raised him, so I doudt he could live with his nephews.

I mean before he killed Right-Eye. Because Right-Eye says it has been a year since his sons were killed on the day he died.

What do you guys think I should call it, then?

Phase
2008-04-09, 08:58 PM
Redcloaks kin: Why not? [Spoilers ahead!]

King of Nowhere
2008-04-10, 07:18 AM
Reasons for Redcloak to not raise his brother:
1) His brother was an enemy of the Plan
2) His brother was surely better off after dead. I think Redcloak made him a favour not healing him; I hopo he reunited with his family and afterlive happily ever after
3) His brother wanted to kill Xykon, so X would have probably killed him sooner or later

Skyserpent
2008-04-10, 07:29 AM
Reasons for Redcloak to not raise his brother:
1) His brother was an enemy of the Plan
2) His brother was surely better off after dead. I think Redcloak made him a favour not healing him; I hopo he reunited with his family and afterlive happily ever after
3) His brother wanted to kill Xykon, so X would have probably killed him sooner or later

we're asking about before that, the nephews and sister-in-law.

Vargtass
2008-04-10, 07:34 AM
Well, the OP already listed one clear reason why a Raise Dead was not possible at the time. Another, which is rather apparent from the current storyline, is that the bodies were not found. There is nothing that says Redcloak could (or can) do True resurrection.

Tempest Fennac
2008-04-10, 07:41 AM
I'm assuming RC didn't have the diamonds that he needed (also, RE's family were probably only level 1, so they would have been easier to kill if they were brought back, asuming they didn't want to stay in the aftelife).

Skyserpent
2008-04-10, 11:59 PM
I'm assuming RC didn't have the diamonds that he needed (also, RE's family were probably only level 1, so they would have been easier to kill if they were brought back, asuming they didn't want to stay in the aftelife).

Hm... I bet that'd probably be a big part of it, they wanted to stay in the afterlife rather than go back to working under Xykon in what are obviously rather poor conditions.

David Argall
2008-04-11, 12:29 AM
I mean before he killed Right-Eye. Because Right-Eye says it has been a year since his sons were killed on the day he died.

Sod Can you point to the exact references here? I can't seem to locate it.
Not that it makes much difference. With or without a precise date, we do have a minor plothole here. Why weren't they Raised?

One distinct possibility would be that Xykon kept all the diamonds in camp and wouldn't fork over the 15,000 gp needed. A possibility is that 5000 was raised and Righteye had to select which to raise, and decided to get the raised daughter out of danger thereafter. Possibly Xykon said it wasn't worth the diamonds to raise low levels, and Redcloak in some degree supported him.