PDA

View Full Version : Talking Sentient Axes of DOOOOOMMM!! [PrC]

wadledo
2008-04-09, 06:41 PM
First of all, this is for a were-rat barbarian who is currently at level 6.
Which means he has a BAB of +3.

It's also based on the Battle Scion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/legendaryWeapons.htm#battleScion) variant.

Jeksev and Skevej Axdancer, Intelligent Battleaxes
Specials:
Empathy,
Equality of Death,
30 ft. vision and hearing

Hardness/Hit Points
20/55

Jeksev Axdancer,
CG Intelligent +1 Battleaxe

Special:
Bless 3/day,
10 Int
12 Wis
12 Cha

Suspected price:-4310

Skevej Axdancer,
CE Intelligent +1 Battleaxe

Special:
Continuous Deathwatch,
12 Int
10 Wis
12 Cha

Suspected price: -6010

Scion of the Axedancers
Hit Die
1d10

Requirements

Base Attack Bonus
+4

Skills
Survival 8 Ranks, Listen 5 Ranks, Swim 4 Ranks, Climb 4 Ranks, Jump 4 Ranks.

Feats
Two-Weapon Fighting, Dodge, Weapon Finesse and Iron Will.

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
-|-|-|-|-|Equality of Death
1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Bonus Feat, +1 Dodge bonus to AC
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Enhancement bonus +2
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Ambidexterity
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Bonus Feat, Shield of the Horde
5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Enhancement bonus +3
6th|+6|+5|+2|+2|Triumvirate
7th|+7|+5|+2|+2|Bonus feat, Theological Musings
8th|+8|+6|+2|+2|Enhancement bonus +4
9th|+9|+6|+3|+3|Shatter the Cliffs
10th|+10|+7|+3|+3|Bonus feat, Enhancement bonus +5
[/table]

Class Skills
The battle scion’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).

Skill Points at Each Level
2 + Int modifier.

Class Features

Equality of Death: Off hand attacks when using both axes use the wielders full Str bonus.

Ambidexterity: The penalty when fighting with Jeksev and Skevej is reduced by 1 (i.e., if one is considered a Light weapon, the penalty is –1 / –1, otherwise it is –3 / –3), and while using both, the Scion is considered to have the Quick Draw feat.

Shield of the Horde: When wielding both axes openly, the Scion and all allies within 15' get a +1 Moral AC bonus, along with a +1 Moral bonus to Fort, Ref, and Will saves.
These bonuses increase to +2 at 8th level.
This is only active when the Scion is Raging or at 1/2 hp.

Triumvirate: As long as the Scion has both axes on his person, he has a +2 bonus to initiative rolls and use of the Combat Reflexes feat.

Theological Musings: When both weapons hit the same enemy in one turn, they are considered to have the Holy and Unholy magical properties, doing +2d6 damage if the creature is good or evil as well as bypassing good or evil DR.

Shatter the Cliffs: Once per day by smashing both axes against the ground as a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, the Scion can cast the spell Earthquake (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/earthquake.htm) at Caster Level 15, centered on the Scion.

-------------------------------

I'm also considering dropping down the final enhancement bonus to +4 instead of +5.

The only fluff I have:"Crew Sevjords! You get back here right now and take your nap!"
"No! I'm a tiger, and tigers don't take naps!"
A small dark haired child runs ahead of a lovely young woman, moving over the snows like a deer as he evades his older sister.
"Ah, but tigers don't get to hear my stories before bedtime."
This causes the boy to pause, allowing the young woman to move silently behind him and grab the young Crew around the waist, hoisting him up into the air and mercilessly tickling the poor child.
"Ah! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Stop stop! I'm not a tiger anymore! Hahahahaha!"
"Good, now come along, father will be waiting."
Setting him down, she offers her hand to the boy, pointing herself in the direction of a group of huts in the distance.
He takes her hand and the pair moves back towards home.
"So you gonna tell me that story?"
"Impetuous youth! There is time for all things eventually!" his sister says with mock seriousness.
Crew looks blankly at his kin.
"Sis, I like you and all, but sometimes you can be sooooo weird."
"Says the boy who thinks he's a tiger." she snipes back, grinning at their old game.
"Hey! I'm not a boy. Dad said he'd make the other elders let me go on my quest next moon!"
"If you say so. Now, do you want to hear that story or not?

Ethem, this is the tail of our great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfathers, Jeksev and Skevej Axdancer, who carved out a kingdom for our people in the sunny wastes to the south.
The brothers where of average birth, living out their meager existence as adventurers before the time the Igmarins controlled what would become Soraya. The pair slayed beasts and mastered the wilderness, taking the land from chaos and bringing their own special breed of order to this little portion of the world. Skevej eventually grew tired of his brothers kingly airs, and went to his tribe to settle their debts once and for all, with a duel to the death. Jeksev convinced his brother that they should hold it away from the land they worked so hard to create, and the brothers moved their battle to a far away beach. As they fought away the day and into the night, they saw a flotilla of boats on the horizon, filled with the first Igmarins to darken those shores. Each brother, thinking the other had called reinforcements, fought all the harder, their battle causing a sea cliff nearby to collapse on most of the invaders vessels. The ships landed, unveiling the soldiers who moved to kill the barbarians brothers. Jeksev and Skevej, realizing their danger, charged the warriors, cleaving through the melee and weaving a bloody tapestry upon the sand. After hours of battle, with the burning ships to light their passage to the underworld, they died, ending as barbarians should.

After their death, our people created mighty tomb for their hero's, who held back the demons from beyond the waters edge. The only weapons not shattered were two battleaxes, held in death grips by the brothers, interred as is the barbarian tradition, to help defend them as they pass through the dead lands.
But, time moves on, and our ancestor's lost their land to the Igmarins, eventually being driven here, in the far north.
But we will always remember Jeksev and Skevej Axdancer, who lived and died by the barbarian way.
That a good enough story for ya?"
Crew, having been completely engrossed in the story, did not notice the had returned to the village and entered their tent, his pallet right before him.
"Yep," He says as he struggles out of his clothing, "Night sis."
"Good night Crew," She says as she closes the flap on his corner of the room "Sweet dreams."

So, what do y'all think?:smallconfused:

SilentNight
2008-04-10, 08:41 AM
First of all, this is for a were-rat barbarian who is currently at level 6.
Which means he has a BAB of +3.

It's also based on the Battle Scion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/legendaryWeapons.htm#battleScion) variant.

Jeksev and Skevej Axdancer, Intelligent Battleaxes
Specials:
Empathy,
Equality of Death,
30 ft. vision and hearing

Hardness/Hit Points
20/55

Jeksev Axdancer,
CG Intelligent +1 Battleaxe

Special:
Bless 3/day,
10 Int
12 Wis
12 Cha

Suspected price:-4310

Skevej Axdancer,
CE Intelligent +1 Battleaxe

Special:
Continuous Deathwatch,
12 Int
10 Wis
12 Cha

Suspected price: -6010

Scion of the Axedancers
Hit Die
1d10

Requirements

Base Attack Bonus
+4

Skills
Survival 8 Ranks, Listen 5 Ranks, Swim 4 Ranks, Climb 4 Ranks, Jump 4 Ranks.

Feats
Two-Weapon Fighting, Dodge, Weapon Finesse and Iron Will.

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
-|-|-|-|-|Equality of Death
1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Bonus Feat, +1 Dodge bonus to AC
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Enhancement bonus +2
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Ambidexterity
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Bonus Feat, Shield of the Horde
5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Enhancement bonus +3
6th|+6|+5|+2|+2|Triumvirate
7th|+7|+5|+2|+2|Bonus feat, Theological Musings
8th|+8|+6|+2|+2|Enhancement bonus +4
9th|+9|+6|+3|+3|Shatter the Cliffs
10th|+10|+7|+3|+3|Bonus feat, Enhancement bonus +5
[/table]

Class Skills
The battle scion’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).

Skill Points at Each Level
2 + Int modifier.

Class Features

Equality of Death: Off hand attacks when using both axes use the wielders full Str bonus.

Ambidexterity: The penalty when fighting with Jeksev and Skevej is reduced by 1 (i.e., if one is considered a Light weapon, the penalty is –1 / –1, otherwise it is –3 / –3), and while using both, the Scion is considered to have the Quick Draw feat.

Shield of the Horde: When wielding both axes openly, the Scion and all allies within 15' get a +1 Moral AC bonus, along with a +1 Moral bonus to Fort, Ref, and Will saves.
These bonuses increase to +2 at 8th level.
This is only active when the Scion is Raging or at 1/2 hp.

Triumvirate: As long as the Scion has both axes on his person, he has a +2 bonus to initiative rolls and use of the Combat Reflexes feat.

Theological Musings: When both weapons hit the same enemy in one turn, they are considered to have the Holy and Unholy magical properties, doing +2d6 damage if the creature is good or evil as well as bypassing good or evil DR.

Shatter the Cliffs: Once per day by smashing both axes against the ground as a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, the Scion can cast the spell Earthquake (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/earthquake.htm) at Caster Level 15, centered on the Scion.

-------------------------------

I'm also considering dropping down the final enhancement bonus to +4 instead of +5.

The only fluff I have:"Crew Sevjords! You get back here right now and take your nap!"
"No! I'm a tiger, and tigers don't take naps!"
A small dark haired child runs ahead of a lovely young woman, moving over the snows like a deer as he evades his older sister.
"Ah, but tigers don't get to hear my stories before bedtime."
This causes the boy to pause, allowing the young woman to move silently behind him and grab the young Crew around the waist, hoisting him up into the air and mercilessly tickling the poor child.
"Ah! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Stop stop! I'm not a tiger anymore! Hahahahaha!"
"Good, now come along, father will be waiting."
Setting him down, she offers her hand to the boy, pointing herself in the direction of a group of huts in the distance.
He takes her hand and the pair moves back towards home.
"So you gonna tell me that story?"
"Impetuous youth! There is time for all things eventually!" his sister says with mock seriousness.
Crew looks blankly at his kin.
"Sis, I like you and all, but sometimes you can be sooooo weird."
"Says the boy who thinks he's a tiger." she snipes back, grinning at their old game.
"Hey! I'm not a boy. Dad said he'd make the other elders let me go on my quest next moon!"
"If you say so. Now, do you want to hear that story or not?

Ethem, this is the tail of our great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfathers, Jeksev and Skevej Axdancer, who carved out a kingdom for our people in the sunny wastes to the south.
The brothers where of average birth, living out their meager existence as adventurers before the time the Igmarins controlled what would become Soraya. The pair slayed beasts and mastered the wilderness, taking the land from chaos and bringing their own special breed of order to this little portion of the world. Skevej eventually grew tired of his brothers kingly airs, and went to his tribe to settle their debts once and for all, with a duel to the death. Jeksev convinced his brother that they should hold it away from the land they worked so hard to create, and the brothers moved their battle to a far away beach. As they fought away the day and into the night, they saw a flotilla of boats on the horizon, filled with the first Igmarins to darken those shores. Each brother, thinking the other had called reinforcements, fought all the harder, their battle causing a sea cliff nearby to collapse on most of the invaders vessels. The ships landed, unveiling the soldiers who moved to kill the barbarians brothers. Jeksev and Skevej, realizing their danger, charged the warriors, cleaving through the melee and weaving a bloody tapestry upon the sand. After hours of battle, with the burning ships to light their passage to the underworld, they died, ending as barbarians should.

After their death, our people created mighty tomb for their hero's, who held back the demons from beyond the waters edge. The only weapons not shattered were two battleaxes, held in death grips by the brothers, interred as is the barbarian tradition, to help defend them as they pass through the dead lands.
But, time moves on, and our ancestor's lost their land to the Igmarins, eventually being driven here, in the far north.
But we will always remember Jeksev and Skevej Axdancer, who lived and died by the barbarian way.
That a good enough story for ya?"
Crew, having been completely engrossed in the story, did not notice the had returned to the village and entered their tent, his pallet right before him.
"Yep," He says as he struggles out of his clothing, "Night sis."
"Good night Crew," She says as she closes the flap on his corner of the room "Sweet dreams."

So, what do y'all think?:smallconfused:

It's a little odd. Why do you have weapon finesse as a prerequisite? You can't use WF with a battle axe and even if you could you can't use it with two weapons either. Also, why is equality of death at 0th level? Just put it at level one. If you want it to be simply an ability that stems from having both axes then put it in the item text. You might want to put possesion of both axes as a prerequisite too.

You also need to clarify if they need to meet prerequisites for any bonus feat or if there is a specific list to choose from.

Apart from that it's a nice concept, particularly Shattering the Cliffs. I'm a bad judge of balance but fix those little things and I'd say that you have a nice new PrC.

DracoDei
2008-04-10, 11:06 AM
For clarity I recommend saying changing the bit about quick-draw to simply say that you gain the feat with regards to drawing either of the specific axes.